[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SOC Gokin Color Gunbuster
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: bann01264_3_1430440169.jpg (85 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
bann01264_3_1430440169.jpg
85 KB, 600x450
Anyone actually gotten theirs yet? Pre-ordered mine through kirin hobby but haven't gotten a shipping confirmation yet.
>>
I had mine for weeks, ordered at Amiami. Still unopened because I've been busy and also there's the fact that I'm not that hyped about it because I own the original.
>>
Oh fuck I didn't know about this, I always wanted the first one. What's the recolor for ?
>>
>>5264136
Its got a more bluish/purpleish color than the old one. Got mine about a month ago and seems about the same level of build quality as the old one though I only got to mess with that one once or twice.
>>
>>5264136
>What's the recolor for ?

An excuse to sell the same thing again, pretty much. The colors are supposed to be more anime-accurate, but they're still not accurate enough.

It's a great figure nonetheless, and the best GunBuster toy imo.
>>
What's the best SoC for the price, anyway? I really like Gunbuster, but even the new one is a bit out of my budget.

I've been eyeing Zambot, though. I found a relatively cheap one recently, and you get quite a bit out of the whole package, not to mention that no one will ever make a better Zambot toy while stuff like Mazinger and Getter have loads of releases by every company under the sun, some better than the SoC versions
>>
>>5264742
This is one of those best for the price . But if it's out of your budget you probably should change to "what's best for my budget? And then also tell us your budget.
>>
>>5264989
I'd prefer something under $200.
Almost every Gunbuster I've found is over that and while I like Gunbuster, it isn't worth that much to me. On the other hand, I'd happily shell out the cash for a GX-50 Combattler if I could afford the ridiculous prices on it.

I mean, I guess it is a little subjective, but there just seems to be more to some robots. I mentioned Zambot earlier, and despite it costing less than Gunbuster, you get one more transforming fighter and a roughly equal number of accessories. That's more bang for the buck, and I don't even like Zambot as much as Gunbuster
>>
>>5265069
I pre-ordered this one for $160 with free shipping. It's out of stock at most places but when it comes back in you should be able to get it for around $180.
>>
>>5265069
You were like 5 month late to the pre-order of Gunbuster. They were on preorder for less than $200. many was at around the $183 shipped range too.

They still have it at http://www.entertainmentearth.com/
for $184.99 with free shipping.

If you can get a really good deal on the Zambot and you think it's worth it, then you should go for it.
>>
>>5263615
Does this thing have the cape?
>>
>>5265318
Yes
>>
>>5263615
I thought this came out in sep, how have you not gotten it yet?
>>
Are the two versions identical bar colouration?
>>
>>5263615
You guys think we'll ever see a Combattler re-release? Never even watched the show but the gimmicks seem right up my alley.

Also, shin getter when? Preferably not the Armageddon version
>>
How's OVA Mazinger? Will he scale well with my SRC mazinkaiser?
>>
Does /toy/ not like chogokin anymore?
>>
>>5274944
Chogokin threads get few replies usually. I think most people doesn't care, and part of the ones that are interested don't have enough money for those things.

Let's try this nonetheless, what do you guys have on pre-order/what's the last one you recieved? I have SRC Mazinkaiser SKL and the SoC GGG option set on pre-order, my SoC Gunbuster Gokin color ver. is still waiting to be unboxed.
>>
File: 71A41RWFrvL._SL1500_[1].jpg (160 KB, 957x1500) Image search: [Google]
71A41RWFrvL._SL1500_[1].jpg
160 KB, 957x1500
>>5265069
How has no one mentioned the SRC? It's exactly what you seem to be after. Has dem thighs too.
There's also a Kaiyodo (non-revoltech) release that seems pretty good
>>
File: GapBuster.jpg (164 KB, 503x586) Image search: [Google]
GapBuster.jpg
164 KB, 503x586
>>5275913
>How has no one mentioned the SRC?

Because he was asking for a SoC, not a SRC.

The SRC doesn't even seem that good to me, overly stylized and with questionable joint placement in the soulders. They should have used pop-out joints to give more range to the shoulders instead of making the two red rings on the torso movable.
>>
http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN994628/Act

SoC Goldymarg is on sale at HLJ if anyone is interested.
>>
>>5275175
I just got Gunbuster a few days ago and Zeorymer shortly after. The former is probably the best thing I've owned, a bit tricky to handle compared to the SRC but otherwise completely outdoes every other chogokin I have.

Zeorymer is neat but there's not a lot you can do with him. There's a few paint misapps on his head but aside from that I quite like him. I guess a design that good is hard to mess up
>>
File: HIKARI NI NARE'D.jpg (595 KB, 1500x1716) Image search: [Google]
HIKARI NI NARE'D.jpg
595 KB, 1500x1716
>>5276088
SoC GunBuster is awesome, but I like GGG even more. Pretty sure they are some of the best SoCs ever released.

I've been eyeing the SRC Zeorymer for years, but I haven't bit the bullet yet.
>>
>>5264742
Zambot is great lots of gokin, great piece. Ideon is the heaviest and a damn nice figure.
>>
>>5275175
I have pre ordered My Melody SOC. I mainly do only Vintage Takatoku on Yahoo Japan but these small Kawaii SOC's are great.
>>
>>5276181
Haven't seen GGG yet but his SoC does look cool. I'm going to regret not having bought any of the toys one I get around to watching it
>>
Should I shell out 180 on kotetsushin jeeg? I like the design a lot and I'm only on episode 2
>>
So I assume everyone who pre-ordered their Gunbuster has it by now? Ordered and paid for mine in September and it still hasn't shipped Kirin Hobby isn't responding to my email. Kind of wish I had just paid the extra to get it from Amazon.
>>
>>5282303
you can try giving them a phone call, their number is listed on their website.

if no response then file a claim with paypal , that will get their attention.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.