[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who is going to pick up some star darling dolls?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 14
Who is going to pick up some star darling dolls?
>>
I don't know what that is. But I want to sexually hug the chello girl.
>>
>>5262393
there is plenty of girls around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCXQ06yaNDs

you guys can have anyone, but Scarlet. I want to gut her.
>>
Let me know when old bitch gets a doll.
>>
>>5262424
Goddamn, she looks so fucking cool.
>>
File: star platinum mad.jpg (48 KB, 587x602) Image search: [Google]
star platinum mad.jpg
48 KB, 587x602
>>5262399
>starstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstar

ENOUGH
>>
so people really thought a certain recent movie was actually going to do well? A film that had little hype even from the company that owned it? And now they're going ahead with copy franchises to a film that's already regarded as a major turd less than 2 weeks after it opened and will probably kill the director's career, let alone never earn back its budget. This is gonna wreck a company if they actually release this line.
>>
>>5262521
what are you talking about exactly?
JEM?
>>
>>5262399
Jesus Fucking Christ, this will attract an autismal fanbase worse than Sailor Moon x Sonic.
>>
>>5262492
litterally my only complaint about this so far. they need to widen their puns out.

>kiss my Accretion
>>
>>5262385

From left to right:
>Marshmallow Butthole
>Twily-Sue
>Best Background Character
>Top Cunt
>The Ponka

... And Space Grandma is the Tree-kin. Looks like Disney is trying to cash in on the dying fad that shall not be named.
>>
>>5262571
You say that about every new upcoming show anon.
>>
>>5262521
>this will wreck Disney
>>
File: tumblr_nuzzu80zGC1tbhbhmo5_500.png (416 KB, 500x467) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nuzzu80zGC1tbhbhmo5_500.png
416 KB, 500x467
alright guys, pick your waifu. this is a once in a lifetime sell of non-used goods.
>>5262399
had first claims to pre-used goods
>>
>>5262590
I want to carry Cassie.
>>
>>5262590
Dibs. >>5262424
C'mon. Y'all know with that much ancient power she can look howEVER she wants, and comes with skills only the darkest forgotten aeons can bring.
(Also I call Leona for threeway corruption times.)
>>
>>5262590
Vega
>>
first bit of autism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo7hETmXQ78
>>
>>5263133
This guy is absolutely right.
I shouldn't have accepted it when Higurashi, K Project, and Gravity Falls all beat me to the punch.
>>
>>5262521
This is cashing in on Steven Universe more than it is Jem.
>>
File: 14465911860560.png (337 KB, 612x513) Image search: [Google]
14465911860560.png
337 KB, 612x513
>>5262399
>mfw it's decent so far
Color me impressed.
>>
>>5263667
just read the first book. not bad.
>>
>>5262492
WRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYY
SD = STAR DICKS!!!!!!
>>
>>5262590
Piper
>>
>>5263133
His idea is literally the plot to Saint Seiya
>>
>>5263133
>data on an iPad is physical proof

Who thinks that?
>>
>>5262385
Did Lauren Faust's pet project get picked up?
>>
>>5265971
nope.
Beside, i have hear that she want her pet project to dont be centered about highschool...
If she have to make a show about it, it will be a 50's style dinner with the girls being the waitress there.
Instead of being at highschool like 99% of this girls cartoons.

or maybe i dream hearing this. i dont have a source.
>>
>>5266021
>forgot pic
>>
>>5266021
So she wants to copy 2 Broke Girls? How original.
>>
>>5263133
> I was going to send Disney my idea, and tell them to just back off of it for a bit, meaning don't get anywhere close to it, the reason I am mad is because I was going to develop and submit it to Cartoon Network or Disney XD. But clearly I can't now without people telling me I copied Disney when in actuality I had the idea first, my concept for star people was made and published in 2012-13 and I still have the picture, which I uploaded on both deviant art and Facebook years go, unfortunately I was banned from DA.
Holy fuck, is this what you call "Salty"
>>
>>5266172
>unfortunately I was banned from DA.
Now I have to know why.
>>
File: what.jpg (31 KB, 718x141) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
31 KB, 718x141
Saltmaster isn't banned, wtf.
nichromo221.deviantart.com
>>
>>5266139
except there wouldnt be 2 but alot, and they wouldnt be broke.
so you at least have just girls
and it would be in space.
>>
>>5266172
>my concept for star people was made and published in 2012-13
"star children" goes back to the 70's, what
>>
>>5262590
I have an affinity for poofs so I'll take cocoa puffs leona
>>
http://mrstardusty.tumblr.com/

>Not sure if my old idea was posted, but I’m going to post an idea I had for a while, hopefully no one will steal it, since when I put it online, but I also need it for witnesses. It has to do with superheroes and has an amazing concept if you ask me :)

wow, mr. saltydust at it again,
>>
>>5262385
I actually really like these characters for some reason, tf. Also, the majority of them .. aren't white? Which feels kind of odd for a Disney animated series, not that I'm complaining at all. I need an Adora and Clover doll immediately.
>>
>>5262590
Piper get in my Miku collection
>>
I'm not interested in the dolls but the show and books are aight. Vega is best starling.

>>5267823
i hope disney responds to his angry letter in a dismissive fashion and we get to read his meltdown
>>
>>5267823
I like how he posts his idea and he is like "you can consider this an Star Darling OC"
>>
>>5271156
I like how he complains that one of the side characters looks like his character but he can't hold it against Disney because he hadn't drawn it yet.
>>
lets be honest, salty's reaction is the best thing so far.
>>
http://mrstardusty.tumblr.com/post/133010067156/so-i-contacted-disney

>I contacted Disney about Star Darlings via Facebook, but they only viewed the message, it was pretty late so I gave them an excuse, but I’m still not taking this lightly. I will still go on to produce my series, but I guess I’m upset due to all the fame and recognition Star Darlings is getting, even though it’ so similar to my idea, and I’m angry knowing I can’t show this to a company without people saying that I copied Star Darlings, or an idea or concept like that already exists. I’m still upset, and I still need to hear from Disney at least.
>>
>>5276041
Most enjoyable mini-drama I've seen in a while. No feelbad identity politics bullshit to foul up the taste.
>>
File: PROTESTING_SANIC_BUM1.jpg (106 KB, 960x717) Image search: [Google]
PROTESTING_SANIC_BUM1.jpg
106 KB, 960x717
>>5278002
What if he becomes the Chris-chan that Star Darlings deserves?
>>
What I don't get about Salty-kun is, how can he not see that the idea of 12 star/zodiac-themed characters saving humanity is so appealing yet easy that most people avoid actually using it because of it?
You get a really colorful cast just by following a theme and doing paint by numbers character design for each, anyone willing to take the dive would come up with his idea.

Really, the only downside is looking like an unoriginal fuck, which most likely you are for following through with something like this.
>>
>>5262571
Most of these little girl shows are largely ignored by adult audiences outside of the horse plague of 2010.
>>
File: i-use-to-support-this-show.png (31 KB, 649x516) Image search: [Google]
i-use-to-support-this-show.png
31 KB, 649x516
>>5278218
If he isn't there yet, he'll be there soon.
>>
>>5278451
>supporting a show that only has two (2) books
wow, he is stupid. and it's clear by his video he was against it before he "supported it"
>>
Looks like there is already fanfiction.
http://yurivorelover.deviantart.com/art/Star-Light-Star-Bright-568785661

[spoiler]h-how'd I do? I was trying a different type of story perspective.[/spoiler]
>>
>>5278002
>I’m angry knowing I can’t show this to a company without people saying that I copied Star Darlings, or an idea or concept like that already exists

He is using this as an excuse to not do shit isn't he. he wants reason for why he isn't making multi-millions off an idea of his. He must procrastinate like fuck.

[spoiler]god, I can relate[/spoiler]
>>
File: fanclub.png (467 KB, 1920x1050) Image search: [Google]
fanclub.png
467 KB, 1920x1050
>they stole my idea!
>I know, I'll make a fan club for it so I can become the champion of the fandom and still become famous vicariously
>>
>>5278218
When do we make the fake email from the president of Disney?
>>
File: visible confusion.jpg (17 KB, 237x250) Image search: [Google]
visible confusion.jpg
17 KB, 237x250
>>5263133
I got to the part where he starts dribbling about his shitty idea and I couldn't listen anymore.

Is his idea even remotely similar to this annoying fucking show?
>>
File: make it stop.png (170 KB, 1280x1641) Image search: [Google]
make it stop.png
170 KB, 1280x1641
>My design for Carbina the capricorn starborne :)
>Guess she can be considered a star darlings oc if you wanna look at it that way, though I had the concept first (lol probably never gonna stop bringing that up)
>Goodnight guys! Cya tomorrow after I’m done my homework and playing a game with my friend! I’ve been so busy!
>>
>>5279697
The only similarities I could see are zodiac-based characters, and there's one character who is black in his story called Leon, which must have been the inspiration for Star Darlings' Leona or something.
>>
>>5279697
literally as smilar as Gems from Steven Universe and the Greeed from Kamen Rider OOO.
>>
>>5278428
I did.

It was like Ryuki+Zodiac+Avatar the Last Airbender+Percy Jackson.

But I'm not pitching it nor am I getting salty. Choshinsei Gransazer is already pretty much like this idea of mine.
>>
>>5280119
>It was like Ryuki+Zodiac+Avatar the Last Airbender+Percy Jackson.
Autism. So much autism.
>>
>>5279700
>make_it_stop.jpg
This looks like it's from some little girl's deviantart. Why are you upset that the target audience is enjoying something? Not only does that contribute to its continued production, it is a well known fact only the lowest and neckbeardiest of /toy/ complains when kids like toys.
>>
>>5278428
> 12 star/zodiac-themed characters saving humanity
is...that not half the story of Homestuck
>>
>>5262590
Adora and Piper
>>
>>5262579
Enjoying Barney?
>>
>>5262590
Scarlet all the way.
>>
>>5280190
This is from Saltman. He's an adult.
>>
>>5280190
this is from Stardust
>>
>>5280377
I think he's still in highschool
>>
>>5280512
still not a little girl.
>>
where does saltydust go from here?
>>
episode 4 came out, Scarlet proves to be best girl.
>>
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 470x470) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 470x470
>>5281709
It's a shame her doll looks like shit
>>
>>5280190
The point I was trying to make by posting that was it's pretty hypocritical of this guy to go on and on about how Disney stole his idea and then to turn around and design an original character from the show. It's like this guy said here: >>5278520

He's trying to get people to take him seriously but he can't even take himself seriously.
>>
>>5280377
>>5280380
>>5280512
>>5281760
Yeah sorry I didn't realize it was that same guy and thought it was random art you found, so assumed it was some kid's. By all means continue mocking him.
>>
what if Salty wins?
>>
>>5282334
He's under 18 and didn't copyright his idea. It's doubtful he'll get anywhere. Instead he'll most likely whine about it on his Tumblr until the next shiny thing captures his autistic interest.
>>
Review of the Vega, Sage and Libby dolls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DW-TduB6Iq0

Thoughts?
>>
>>5281864
It's an easy mistake to make. He can't even crop his canvas to the proper size for his tweeny scribbles.
>>
>>5283598
They look like Shit
>>
>>5283710
well. we knew that.
>>
>>5283598
The heads don't match the animation style at all. I don't understand why they didn't export the animation models and 3D print tweaked versions for the prototypes.
>>
>>5262590
I'll take whoever is left
>>
>>5283598
I love inset eyes on dolls, I wish Novi Stars had better articulation
>>
>the girls have cute bows on their panties

god, that's cute.
>>
Love the inset eyes on these dolls and at least their hair isn't super frizzy out of the box. Does anyone have any other suggestions for inset eye dolls? I have heard of Novi stars however.
>>
>>5281721
All of the dolls look like shit because Disney doesn't get that perfect Nippon dolls have better hair and generic noses instead of weirdly sculpted diversity honkers.

This thread honestly needs to go back to /co/, there is very minimal merch talk.
>>
>>5265852
I had Generator Rex in the late 90's. But I never developed it or even wrote it down, so I can never claim it. Besides, I love Man of Action.
>>
>>5289092
and deprive /toy/ of Saltydust?
>>
>>5262385
Black / brown chick is the lead character
>>
>>5287617
novi stars are awesome but their articulation is not.
>>
>>5293828
no, purple bitch.
>>
new saltydust

Viewer:How did you even know Disney "Stole" your idea if you didn't even post it?
Me:I agree, "Stole" is a strong word, and I try to refrain from using it, though my idea was published on my old Deviant Art account (Currently banned) and a concept photo was posted on my old Facebook account, there is more then enough proof I had the idea first, example my iPad memo, and old book I wrote in 5th grade (or maybe 6th) that was the basis for my concept of star people. (I will post eventually)
Viewer:Have you ever tried contacting Disney?
Me:Yes, I have, I didn't know who exactly to go to, so I contacted the Star Darlings Facebook page, here the funny part, they actually tried to ignore me (Facebook told me they viewed the message, and clearly didn't respond) Until a few hours or days later, I mention how I once supported the franchise, asking my dad to buy a copy of the book for my Kindle (He knew how much I hated it, so I guess that's why he bought it lol) and what do you know, THAT'S when the page responds telling me they cannot respond to video posts (So you mean to tell me they get that often?...) And they gave me a contact address, in which currently drafting a letter.
>>
>>5294600
Viewer:What do you expect to get OUT of this whole ordeal?
Me:Really, that's a good question. I want the ability to post this to another channel without it claiming I copied, just like the comments on my first SD video, people are saying how they would love to see what I could still work with, knowing literally all the concept I had has been mimicked, and turned into some colorful kid's show just to sell dolls (Seriously, a bunch of accessories, "wish pendants" and "Wish/Star blooms"? They just want all this stuff to make toys out of lol..?) I just find it unfair how big companies and just step on us little people down here.
Viewers:Why exactly DO you hate Star Darlings?
Me:I hate it because I feel empty and drained, knowing my idea and concept were stolen, and also knowing I can never publish this again, without judgement and assumptions of people saying I stole Disney's concepts. I consider this "hatred" to be a love-hate relationship.
Viewer:What was your original concept of your series?
Me:Originally, and I kid you not (Swear on my life too) The idea was called Star Children or Galactic Kids, and they went to a boarding school to know how to use there powers correctly, to maintain there beautiful universe (Like those Galaxy pictures on Tumblr) But that was later scrapped when it sounded too cliche. I won't pin this on Disney since it's one of the things I don't have proof of.
In conclusion:Yes guys that's it, just as I said in my last update, Imma go edit some videos, see you guys later! Follows are optional, don't forget to reblog, I love hearing you guys's opinions!
>>
>>5294601
>i want to disney to help me police a possible common impression that people might have someday maybe because similar motifs or something even if my current idea is honestly not that similar except for the stars thing hurr hurr
Goddamn, Salt Dust.
>>
>>5294600
I'm beginning to wonder if he was banned from Deviantart for harassing other artists who drew star based concepts.
>>
>>5294601
>(Like those Galaxy pictures on Tumblr)
He didn't even say "Hubble photographs", motherfucking pictures on tumblr. rotflmao
>>
>>5294601
He acts like Star Darlings is the first doll line with a tie-in show designed to entice people to buy.
How the fuck does he think Disney would be able to stop people from telling him he copied? Does he expect them to pop into every video/deviation he uploads and report those kinds of comments?
>>
wow, salty really is under this delusion superhard.
>>
bump for salt
>>
>>5262399
>that token black chick
>>
>>5305407
There's at least three of them
Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.