[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does everyone clean I'm moving to Manhattan and I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: asj-047_1z.jpg (182 KB, 885x1600) Image search: [Google]
asj-047_1z.jpg
182 KB, 885x1600
How does everyone clean I'm moving to Manhattan and I'm starting to pack up all my collection and I've noticed they are all pretty dusty.

What's the best and cheapest way to clean all this dust off? Are these pledge wipes okay? Will they harm anything?
>>
Water and a q-tip should be all you need.
>>
Is there any alcohol content in it? Some are "anti-bacterial" wipes with alcohol as a germicide.

Alcohol's pretty bad for your toy's paint.
>>
File: artist-paint-brushes.jpg (43 KB, 500x199) Image search: [Google]
artist-paint-brushes.jpg
43 KB, 500x199
>>5258241

My tried and true method

First dust the figure with a paintbrush, in pic related I'd reccomend the "mop" or "flat". Be sure to get into crevasses and under armor and joints and such

Canned air duster followup

and then gently wet a wring out a paper towel with warm water, give a gentle wipedown. Let the figure sit out for awhile to dry.

Voila, good as new
>>
>>5261408
I just dump them into the ultrasonic cleaner if they fit
>>
File: paint brush.jpg (52 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
paint brush.jpg
52 KB, 500x500
>>5261408
>buying expensive tiny brushes to clean your toys
dumb.

Just buy a cheap thin but wide paint brush from your local home depot for a buck.
Best toy duster you'll ever own and does a good job at dusting your shelves too.
I use something a little wider than this to dust my tini-tiny 1:144 scale tanks, infantry, and gunpla. So delicate it won't even harm antennas and machine guns, yet will push out all the dust from inbetween every microscopic crevice.
>>
>>5261567

Small brushes cost less than big brushes senpai
>>
>>5262808
Actually it dependes more in the brand and the material that the size of the brush
>>
File: Brushes.jpg (54 KB, 600x499) Image search: [Google]
Brushes.jpg
54 KB, 600x499
>>5262808
all artist brushes I see cost over a dollar.
nevermind the fact that they're too fucking tiny and will take you four times longer to dust anything.

these are made from camel and some other shitty animal hair and cost less than a buck and will dust everything fast without damaging anything.
>>
>>5261567

It was just an example, you fucking idiot. You can find brushes like those at 99 cent stores.
>>
>people keep recommending "artist brushes" instead of makeup brushes because they're too afraid to appear feminine
Holy shit guys. Make up brushes are designed for FACIAL use and are the gentlest possible thing you can use. Who gives a shit if someone sees you in the make up section of the store buying one?

Artists brushes vary in quality and in terms of being gentle on paint. I've seen some morons scratch their toys because they go the wrong brush but with make up brushes you always end up with something soft.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.