[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Secret Santa Registration
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26
File: PVC2613main.jpg (36 KB, 200x300) Image search: [Google]
PVC2613main.jpg
36 KB, 200x300
Ho Ho Ho! It's time /toy/! Time for Secret Santa Registration!

It's simple, just send an email to [email protected] with this info:

Your name
Shipping address
If you are willing to ship internationally (unfortunately if you're outside the US it will be required)
A wishlist with some ideas for your Santa (about 5 is a good starting point)

This year we will have a fixed minimum price point of $30, so you are welcome to spend more if you want, but put at least $30 worth of stuff in the box for your giftee. Remember, this is all about the giving! So sign up thinking about what you can give, not what you expect to get.

Registration will end November 8 at midnight, this will give me a few days to pair everyone up and for you Santas to have plenty of time to shop and ship your gifts out early enough to deal with the holiday shopping rush. Don't be late with your email, there will be no exceptions for late signups. Sorry, but I gotta draw a line somewhere.

OK, let's have some fun!
>>
>>5249036
Just sent mine in.
Here's hoping this year is swell.
>>
>>5249036
doing mine now.
>>
>>5249095
sent
>>
>>5249036
I asked last thready but didn't get an answer
Is shipping through amazon acceptable? I'm sure with some stuff they'll ship late, but still.
>>
>>5249101
i dont see why not. thats how i got my presents last year from someone.
>>
If something comes up financially between now and the last day of registration, will we have the chance to cancel?
I know it's kind of a long shot that within the next week and a half someone is gonna be so strapped for cash that they can't spare the thirty bucks, but still, it feels worth asking.
>>
>>5249036
Sent! I'm stoked. I am an awesome gift giver :)
>>
>>5249118
You think you're awesome Anon?
I'm gonna gift the shit out of you.
>>
>>5249122
I've gifted things you people wouldn't believe...
>>
>>5249130
My gift is gonna kick your gift's ass.
>>
Is there a method in place to stop people from scamming others? Or is this honor system?
>>
>>5249147
Ordering pizzas.
>>
>>5249147
honor system as far as i know. just dont be a cunt is the main rule.
>>
>>5249161
Yeh /toy/ is one of the only boards here that I feel like the posters are like, actual people, and not just a single shitty fuck arguing with himself.
>>
>>5249168
You haven't been to the current Halo thread then...

But seriously, I'm feelin some good vibes on this. The last SS thread was great.
>>
Thanks for stepping up to run it this year, OP. I was actually in pretty close contact with last year's Santa (helping out with sending gifts to anons that had to drop out) and was going to start organizing it myself until I saw your thread yesterday. Last year's went really well, at least for me and my recipients, so I hope we can have another successful go-round.

I saw this had been asked plenty in the last thread, but how many people ended up getting Grinched last year? I had told Santa to pass along the addresses and wishlists of anyone who did so I could gift them myself, and there was another anon who offered the same in those threads, but I never heard from him after Christmas.
>>
>>5249147
None whatsoever.
I tried this shit one year, got some throwaway weeaboo garbage someone just threw in a zip lock bag, like a One Piece keychain advertising some kind of disposable razor, I shit you not.
The second year, I got scammed, got absolutely nothing for my trouble, which soured me on the whole thing.
And no, I'm not trying to passive-aggressively start shit or mug for pity gifts, just wanted to let you know there is really no honor among 4channers. Hell, I never even got anything I won from DashTTG back in the day. So roll the dice if you want, just don't expect much.
>>
Can we get confirmations that you've recieved our emails when you get the chance? Thanks.
>>
>>5249230
Well, it's about giving, not getting. If you are pleased with what you gave, you should come away satisfied. Otherwise, you're just another whiny faggot.
>>
File: seriously.jpg (244 KB, 1140x876) Image search: [Google]
seriously.jpg
244 KB, 1140x876
>>5249262
No, that's not how it works. I didn't just scrape together some garbage I had laying around the house and shove it in a bubble envelope. Both years I sent pretty decent stuff, and the fact that some selfish, greedy shitheads gamed the system doesn't satisfy me at all.
But I'm done whining about it. You buys your ticket, you takes your chances around here.
>>
>>5249356
Fuck. That blows, man.
>>
>>5249356
At least its not 1-1 trades. So you aren't giving something good to the cock-ass that stiffed you.
>>
>>5249356
That's actually kind of cool to me. I'd hang it off something for the "wtf" factor.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Just sent my info! I'm excited! It's my first year, I've wanted to do this for awhile.

At the end of the day, really, even if I don't get anything, I'll be happy if the person I sent the gift to can at least cherish it. Honestly I'm going into this expecting nothing in return. That's the point of giving, right?
>>
Was never game enough to send my shipping address to strangers but I'm joining in this year! I want to make a really cute /toy/ themed card for someone.
>>
>>5249386
That's a great idea too! I suck at drawing though. I'll send them a bone dragon in a santa hat. I can draw bone dragons.
>>
>>5249388
I was planning to make an idiotic collage with stock images of the things I didn't buy for them in addition to some really mediocre drawings lol

I would treasure a drawing of a bone dragon in a santa hat anon
>>
File: tumblr_melpfbLP3J1qbi9spo1_500.jpg (85 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_melpfbLP3J1qbi9spo1_500.jpg
85 KB, 500x375
>>5249386
>>5249391
Last year I sent all my recipients "stockings". Bubble mailers packed with candies, Garbage Pail Kids packs, gashapon, and homemade cards. I just went the lazy way and printed out stuff like pic related, cut, folded, and signed the insides.
>>
>>5249388
>>5249391
>>5249396
I don't want to be THAT guy cause I'm all for giving personal touches, but it's a $30 minimum this year. So please only participate if you are planning to at least put $30 worth of goods in your gifts. Even just a couple $10-15 figs and some hand-crafted stuff if you want to make something personal, would be fine.

Remember, this is a /toy/ SS. Emphasis on toy. A print out of a tumblr pic and a couple salt water taffies aren't really putting in enough to justify it as "giving", since you'll potentially be recieving a $30+ gift and another person gets a piece of paper. That's just being cheap and cheating the system. Sorry to ball bust here, but please don't participate if you can't afford the $30 minimum.
>>
>>5249386
>>5249388
>>5249391
>>5249396
Also, now that I look at your timestamps... pretty sure your samefagging. Don't try to justify grinching someone with a doodle. You're going to turn people off from participating in the future.
>>
I think the deadline being Nov 8th may be way too early. Last year the registration was the week after thanksgiving, and it still went well.
>>
>>5249411
Going from last year,the people who added art to their gifts also sent like $50+ worth of toys.
>>
>>5249427
Which is awesome, but this dude is talking about sending drawings of whatever the fuck a bone dragon is and some pictures of toys. It's most likely bait, but I just want to remind people not to sign up if they don't actually plan on spending any money so they can get free figs.
>>
>>5249409
>>5249411
Friend...

A) The "Tumblr picture" post quoted in both of those is my only post from that conversation. There was no attempt on my part to manipulate readers into thinking pictures and candy by themselves made for an adequate gift, and I'm fairly certain the other two posters were conversing in earnest as well.

B) The "stockings" I described were in addition to the actual gifts. I had the toys mailed directly from sites but wanted to add a personal touch. Should've clarified this since I see now it looks like I sent them alone.
>>
File: 2015-10-28 20.03.16.png (189 KB, 1015x959) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-28 20.03.16.png
189 KB, 1015x959
>>5249411
Whatever you say brus. I did mean a card in addition to something from the list but I don't think explaining it to you will fix your buttmad
>>
>>5249207
I got grinched last year.
>>
>>5249036
>(unfortunately if you're outside the US it will be required)
well fuck you too.
>>
I love this time of year... It's almost as if I have a family and I'm not alone in the world.
>>
File: Can I be your toy.jpg (111 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Can I be your toy.jpg
111 KB, 640x640
>>5249492
We're here for you. We'll be your boy/toy/s
>>
>>5249492
If you spend the holidays with Jack and Jim like I do, you're never alone.
>>
>>5249508
Spend less time being a faggot and more time giving strangers gifts.
>>
>>5249511
Don't worry I may shit post hard, but I give gifts harder. I'll even ship out of burgerland.
>>
We should try and pair people with like interests. For instance, if you gave me a person that wanted one piece stuff, I would have no idea what to get to them.
>>
>>5249522
>no idea
How about one piece?
>>
>>5249528
Is that the name of the main character or something?
>>
>>5249530
Maybe you should google it instead of pretending to be retarded.
>>
Dragon Dildo's!
>>
>>5249522
Well it would make more sense if you paired up two people who like Figma or two people who like Shinkis.
>>
>>5249535
>Maybe you should google it instead of pretending to be retarded.
I'm not being a smart ass, I used one piece as an example because I know its popular but I don't know anything about it.

It just makes it easier to shop for people if you share common interests, and on average, people are going to be happier with their presents if they are bought by someone who has knowledge of the franchise rather than someone who had to google it and use their best judgement.

TL:DR I just want my SS to be as happy as possible with their present.
>>
>>5249548
I agree
If you paired me with someone who wanted some kaiju shit I could blow their fucking minds, but if you paired me with someone who wanted some toku shit I'd just get whatever basic shit comes up first on amazon.
>>
Sent :^)
>>
>>5249036
I think that on top of the honor system, there's better ways to hope you get something.

>Don't fill your wishlist with expensive crap or hint that you're a jew
>Have a diverse wishlist instead of items 1-5 being different editions of your waifu doll
>Attach nudes of your boypussi to your santa
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>5249409
>>5249411
>>5249434

Ok so let's try not to bash on people too hard, ok? Let's assume that, since it's Chriatmas, no one is going to be a giant faggot and grinch someone.

So I want to draw my SS a picture of a dragon made of bone wearing a santa hat. >>5249384 Is my picture, I will have no problem filling their box with $50+ worth of stuff because I want them to love it.

Everyone is just getting excited and there's nothing wrong with that. Get excited too instead of just being a downer please. I promise you will enjoy it just a little bit more.

Sorry TL;DR here's another haul pic.
>>
>>5249627
How is the bellepheron? I kinda want one, but that price tag is putting me off a little.

It would have to be exceptional to be worth the SRP.
>>
>>5249627
>Shamrock
Good taste, anon.
>>
>>5249627
eat my butt c:
>>
>>5249635
Totally worth the $250 or whatever I spent on him. He can do pretty much anything and the display is nice too.
>>
>>5249627
Wasn't trying to be a downer. If you re-read that little back and forth, it really does sound like one or two people who we just going to put in zero effort and send people print outs.
This for example:

>I was planning to make an idiotic collage with stock images of the things I didn't buy for them in addition to some really mediocre drawings lol

I am glad that is not the case. Just wanted to clear it up before someone saw it and thought, "oh I guess I CAN just send nothing and wait for my free toys to show up".
>>
>>5249562
I'll take one blown mind please...

I think I'd do ok if I got someone with interests way different than mine, but I can definitely see it being a problem. If someone wanted some waifu shit, I'd buy whatever is cute to me, or looks like a good figure, but It might be on that person's
>shit taste
List.
But again, if anyone goes into this expecting the figure of their dreams, they'll be pretty dissapointed one way or the other.
>>
what if i wanted 30 bucks worth of pose skeletons? i also need a new tamashii stage. mine is kinda broken.
>>
>>5249743
You're getting thirty dollars worth of yellow gummy bears.
>>
>>5249755
Pineapple or Lemon?
>>
I signed up, I'm so excited, I really want to get into this! In addition to whatever my partner is interested in, I also want to include some goodies, and we just got a poster maker at work, and I want to print a cool poster of their thing with this photo paper. If you're from a good distance from the border, I'm going to send you the most kickass Mexican candies there are!
>>
>>5249762
Piss.
>>
>>5249743
That's like 3, right?
>>
I never join because I don't want to get grinched and feel sour about it especially since I'm a poorfag college kid.

But I always love seeing these threads and the anons sharing what they got with each other. It's pretty cool
>>
I'll probably jump in on this. I watched from the outside last year, because I was too late and missed the signup, but Secret Santas are always fun.

I've done it on other forums, and never gotten burned, and got some fun stuff out of it.

There, we based it on the USPS flat-rate shipping boxes, so you could enter one of three tiers (Small, medium, or large box) and we just filed them with cool stuff.
>>
>November 8 deadline
>For a christmas event

What the fuck, its not even Halloween yet
>>
>>5249839
What forum was that? I'd love to do a couple this year honestly, it would almost be like I have real friends!
>>
>>5249867
Yeah November 15th or 20th would be good.
>>
So question, are we guaranteed to get something from our wish lists granted they are in a reasonable price range? Or will we be given things at random?
>>
>>5249974
I just put that while I prefer stuff from a certain character, they can get me pretty much anything else from a certain line
>>
>>5249974
It's up to your SS. Don't go into this with a shopping list. Tell them some stuff you'd like, maybe the lines you collect, and hope you get something. They may get you something(s) off your list, they may get you something random, they may not get you anything. So don't be surprised if you don't get what you hoped for.
>>
>>5249868

It was HISStank, a GI Joe site. But that was like, 3 years ago or something. I don't know if they even do it anymore.
>>
>>5249974
I tried to be somewhat general about what I wanted. "Cute anime girls" was definitely on the list, so I think there's a lot of wiggle room there.

I definitely wouldn't go into it saying something like "Destroyah from Godzilla".
>>
>>5249867
Logistics is a bitch.
>>
>>5249036

thisll be fun, just sent you my info
>>
FUNKO POPS FOR ALL
>>
>>5250029
At least I'll get 2-3 of them then.
>>
>>5250012
That's what makes secret santa so fucking sick: The chance you'll get exactly what you want.

Pretty sure Destroyah falls under Cute Anime Girls.
>>
>>5249036
Kicked total ass at a job interview today
Gonna get to participate this year.
>>
>>5250789
Grats! Hope things keep going well!
>>
>>5249724
I replied to this earlier but my post must have gotten eaten
I see why my post was taken that way, I did word it pretty badly. I meant that I was going to buy 1 or 2 items from the list and incoperate the other items in the card but I didn't say it very well. I don't even care if I get grinched really, there aren't many things I want that I can't buy myself. I'm participating because I want to give someone a happy memory and a sweet gift.
>>
>>5249743
Then just buy yourself $30 worth of pose skeletons, pretend someone got you exactly what you wanted, and don't gamble on someone else's generosity.
>>
I'm not trying to say I'm going to wrap up broken shit I have lying around my house, but what are the views on second hand toys?
>>
>>5251563
If it's something I would like and the toy isn't damaged or missing TOO many pieces, I don't mind. I don't even care if it comes wrapped in tissues in a ziplock bag.
>>
Is it creepy if I request a picture of the anon with the gift I sent them?
>>
>>5251628
Maybe, I'd be down to. Depends on the anon you get.
>>
>>5251628
I'm going to post a picture of my gift when I open it, and I assume many anons will, but I don't know about being in the picture myself...
>>
>>5251879
He meant when you send it.
>>
>>5251889
Oh, right. Reading comprehension.
>>
What kinda gifts did people get last year?
>>
>>5249867
It could take time to pair people up, and then get the presents shipped to us, so people can ship them out
>>
Mann... The things I want cost more than $30 but I dont wanna be a piece of shit and list stuff thats more than $30
>>
>>5252328
I only listed things around $30 that are lower on my radar. Anything a closer to $40 I said "if you can get a good deal"
>>
>>5252328
Had four of my things around 30, and the last thing , around 60, I said they could look into if they wanted to make me shit my pants.
>>
are people going to post things theyre definitely not interested in?

Like for example "Nothing made by Funko please"
>>
Do people use real names?
>>
>>5252363
If you want. I said no food please.
>>
>>5252369
Exactly why I'm sending you $30 worth of MRE's.
>>
>>5252377
Finally I can be like Burt Gummer
>>
Are people really listing things over $30?

God damn, what a bunch of entitled shits. I hope you get $30 worth of reaction figures.
>>
>>5252393
Same man. Buy your expensive shit for yourselves guys and stick to the budget.
>>
>>5252393
Thirty is the minimum, dispshit.
I'm buying my guy at least fifty.
>>
>>5252402
thirty is the MINIMUM
which means you're not suppose to spend LESS than that
>>
>>5252420
Yeah but asking for shit that cost more than the minimum is rude even when you are willing to spend more in the package for your s.s.
>>
>>5252441
I think you should try to avoid outright asking for anything.
My list consisted of particular lines from specific brands that have a whole slew of prices whoever's buying for me can choose from.
Takes the fun out of it if you tell someone exactly what you want, whether it's in the price range or not.
>>
>>5252446
Do you think it's a good idea to just name a specific character or something that they can work around?
>>
>>5252459
Yeah man
One of mine was anything Ultraman related, or anything Gamera related.
Just may want to avoid outright saying what figure you want, y'know?
>>
>>5249036
Any word on how many people we have signed up so far, OP?
>>
>>5252472
Yeah I'd love an update, or at least confirmation he got my email
>>
>>5252703
Yeah OP, could you send some confirmation emails? They could be as simple as "Got it."
>>
Just sent my info, never participated before so I'm looking forward to it!
>>
>>5252446
I'd prefer someone asked for a specific thing. That way I know exactly what to get them and I know they really want it. I asked for specific low end older figmas because they're cheap and I know that I won't necessarily like any old one. I'd rather get grinched than get something I don't like.
>>
>>5253096
I disagree.
>>
Holy shit this blew up. But I'm done with my paper and will start going through all the emails and answering questions, thanks for signing up guys!
>>
Wouldn't it be easier if people just emailed a picture of their collections?
That way Secret Santas can see what their person likes, and what figures they already have
>>
>>5249113
Yeah, it makes things slightly more complicated for me, but if you need to cancel before the signup deadline, shoot me an email and I'll take you off

>>5249207
No prob man, I had a lot of fun last year too so I thought this was my chance to step up and do something for the board

>>5249548
>>5249562
If someone included in their email that they were really into a particular toyline/franchise and wanted to gift someone who was into that, I would take that into consideration when pairing.

>>5249867
>>5249897
I set the deadline early to give people plenty of time to shop. Plus that's almost two weeks to sign up, which seems more than fine. With a Nov. 8 deadline, it lets people order stuff, have it shipped to them, and then wrap and repack it (if they want) and ship it out to their anon so it'll get there before Christmas. Just giving more time for shopping. I can always push the deadline back if we need for some reason.

>>5251563
I'd say use your second hand stuff to bolster a gift you bought. Like buy the $30 gift, then throw in those figures you don't want but your assignment would love

>>5252368
You can if you want. I don't for security purposes, so I just put a nickname or initials or something
>>
Having trouble wording this email about things I want.... Im trying to sound super nice and grateful but it sounds like I'm being passive aggressive or greedy
>>
>>5253488
Not everyone has stuff on display. A lot of people are in dorms or whatnot with minimal stuff.

I'd say the best thing is to just list a few kinds things you like and a few specific items too. Be open for surprises but give some hints too.
>>
>>5253414
>>5253497
Thanks for the update, man. I didnt factor in reacieving and re-shipping packages to your assignment into time. Nov 8th makes sense. Plus I get to shop for a gift that much sooner.
>>
>>5253567
Felt the same way. It's like messaging someone you're attracted to. Don't wanna sound thirsty.
>>
So who is going to wait until Christmas to open theirs?
>>
>>5253689
Nup
>>
>>5249036
guess I'll work on my wishlist and then register.
This is gonna be tough.
>>
>>5253497
Thanks for the update! Can't wait to gift the shit out of someone!
>>
>>5253696
You shut the fuck up mother fucker my gift is gonna kick your gift's ass.
Gonna make my anon wanna track my ass down and kiss me right on the face.
>>
Wait the wish list
Is it supposed to five items or five interests?
>>
>>5253716
Whatever you want dude
Just five groupings of words that may point your anon towards what would make for a good gift.
>>
>>5253716
Either works really.
>>
>>5253689
I would, but I have that irrational fear that my gift may be shpiders.
>>
>>5253689
Really wanna open it with my girlfriend, try to prove you guys aren't the worst
But like, what if it's bees?
>>
>>5253805
I'll write a big H on it, so everyone will know there's hornets it
>>
>>5253813
Wonder what the price per pound of hornet is.
Wonder what it is compared to bees.
>>
>>5253805
I can even acknowledge to my girlfriend I go to 4chan... some peice of shit guy used /b/ to do some terrible shit to her, and she doesn't quite get /b/'s not the whole website.
>>
>>5253829
Shit man, girl in my class has the same thing going on.
Some guy posted pics of her with some shitty rapey text.
Her boyfriend at the time actually threatened the shit out of me when he found out I use 4chan.
Apologized a lot when he found out I didn't have internet at the time, so it was all good.
>>
I don't know why everyone doesn't just buy themselves that $30 they are hoping for. No stress, no drama and everyone is happy. It's not quite as fun but who gives a crap. You got what you wanted rather than a box of stuff you didn't want.

The one upside is that the organiser this time seems to be doing a good job unlike last year's fiasco where I'm sure they just gave up and someone else took over, if I recall correctly.
>>
>>5253840
>It's not quite as fun but who gives a crap
>It's not quite as fun

There's your answer.
>>
>>5253840
You said it yourself man, it's not as fun.
I mean, there's the risk there, but fuck it.
>>
>>5253839
yeah, I always feel kinda shitty going on this site, even though I'm not doing anything to harm anyone.. It's like, kinda liking a thing with a shitty fanbase, and you don't want to be associated with the shitiness of that fanbase.
I never tell anyone I go here. People would just think of me as a homophobic, sexist, racist, sociopathic, hacking boogeyman.
Not that I'm preaching shit on tumblr or twitter, I usually keep to myself mostly.

4chan just has the best setup for a forum I think. And I'd rather deal with a few assholes on a forum, rather than a buncha memers, or people shipping weird shit, and preaching and all that junk.

but yeah, /b/ should just go off and be it's own site. Not that that'd fix everything but it's a start.
>>
>>5253845
the risk is part of the fun.

kinda like gambling
>>
>>5253840
>>5253845
>>5253858

Plus you get surprises. Thing you would have never known you would like. Plus there's non-toy items like candies and stuff. When I did this in 2012 I got some cool chocolates from my Belgian anon along with a toy.
>>
Im having trouble thinking of 5 interests to list... I'm afraid if I force myself to think of 5 things and send it I'm gonna remember one thing I really would love after it's too late
>>
>>5253884
Just list the top toylines you collect, some characters you like, and some shit you're interested in. I said Star Wars, Godzilla, Halo, Naruto and shit like that. Just enough to get a gist of what they think you might like.
>>
My first present since attempting to become an adult!
>>
>>5253840
Because it's about giving, not just recieving. I also want to give an Amerifag a huge block of Cadbury chocolate too and maybe even a tube of vegemite or something.
>>
>>5254112
Boy oh boy am I good at giving~
>>
Hey everyone, going through all your emails and responding to them and there are SO MANY PEOPLE THAT HAVE SIGNED UP like it's already over 30 people in just two days! This is gonna be awesome.

On a different note, to Ben in ME, my emails aren't getting through to you for some reason. don't know if it's something wrong on my end, but can you email me again with another email address? I can't sign you up unless I know my assignment will go through to you. Thanks man.
>>
>>5254580
It was pretty exciting to get an email from you

Can't wait to find out who I'm giving a present to. Are we going to be matched up in pairs? Like the person I am giving presents to is also giving them to me?
>>
Holy shit guys, I just got an email from Santa Claus. Like, I thought this was just some fun thing, but this is legit. The big man upstairs literally emailed me, I have proof, it says right on the bottom it's from Santa himself.
>>
>>5254632
Tim Allen DOES exist
>>
File: Gunbuster.jpg (826 KB, 2832x2128) Image search: [Google]
Gunbuster.jpg
826 KB, 2832x2128
Sent !
>>
Is there any polite way to say that I like robots, but please no fucking Transformers? Or No Marvel Legends? Or really no American toys except maybe Neca and Mezco?
>>
>>5254851
Buy your own shit you picky faggot.
>>
>>5254851
Just say you like robots and mecha, but aren't a transformers collector
>>
>>5254580
Oh sweet, so we're getting confirmation emails? Haven't gotten one yet, should I expect one tonight or within the next week?
>>
>>5254851
you can say exactly that but take out the "fucking"
>>
I hope my assignment is clear about what they already have... I'd feel super disappointed if I gave someone something they already have, cus I know how much of a bitch that must be
>>
File: image.jpg (123 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123 KB, 800x600
>>5254846
U should be my SS
>>
>>5249036
>$30

Well, that's interesting.

I kinda want to participate, but I'm afraid I'll get grinched, and not to mention I don't even know if I have 30 bucks to spare next month or December.
>>
>>5249036
>mfw I just realized that postal rates for international parcels here are way expensive (starts at 20€)
>also, the tariff costs are just below $30

Okay, I could bypass the postal costs by using Amazon or something, but there's not really anything I can do about the tariff. [toyspoiler]Unless I can assume that Santa is willing to say it's a gift on the shipping label, and even then I would need the receipt, should it get stuck in the customs.[/toyspoiler]

I really have to think again if I really can do this. Good thing I didn't send the email yet.
>>
>>5255157
If you want to get someone within your country something you may consider visiting your local post office and picking up a letter to santa
Give a kid something swell.
>>
>>5255122
>I kinda want to participate, but I'm afraid I'll get grinched
If you're that afraid of getting grinched, you shouldn't join. Not because I think your going to get grintched, but if it means that much to you, you're probably joining for the wrong reasons. I could tottaly see you being the type of person that includes the cost of shipping in the $30.
>>
>>5249036
Sent. Also, to help pairing, I listed a couple things that I already have and would rather gift out than sell if anyone has them on their wishlist.
>>
Why didnt I do this last year? I fuckin love buyng people shit.
>>
>>5254580
I still haven't received an email so I hope mine went through :/
>>
I'm just gonna sign up and say get me Combiner Wars Devastator or go to hell.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-10-24-08h43m59s94.png (278 KB, 672x384) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-10-24-08h43m59s94.png
278 KB, 672x384
>30 dollar price point
>Yfw when op gives his name and address to everyone
>>
>>5256441
I thought of that. I don'tthink that'll b the case though.
>>
>>5249036
Sent. Hoping for a better result than last year's no-show.
>>
Are we allowed to ask for plushes if that is one of our interests or are plushes not considered to be toys?
>>
>>5256953
I love plushes! You play with them. They're a toy.
>>
>>5256953
Can ask for anything, friendo
I asked for thirty dollars worth of pictures of my santa's shlong.
>>
>>5256975
>>5256983

Alright thank you guys.

Hope you get those photos anon.
>>
>>5256983
What if your santa is a grill?
>>
>>5257243
Females don't exist Anon
Stop perpetuating that myth.
>>
>>5257278
>>>>>>>>5237971
>>
IT'S NOVEMBER GUYS
YOU HAVE YOU CHRISTMAS TREES READY YET?
>>
>>5258202
Merry Christmas Season! Everyone knows November is just the Christmas pregame.
>>
>>5258202
... I haven't put a tree in five years... Having cats and artificial trees don't mix but I put decorations around the apartment and put my gifts under my parents house tree
>>
File: IMG_2873[1].jpg (339 KB, 1037x778) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2873[1].jpg
339 KB, 1037x778
>>5258202
>>
>>5249036
just sent my info in.
>>
>>5249118
>>5249122
>>5249130
>>5249145
This made my day lol
>>
>>5258546
You made my day, beautiful.
>>
>>5249036
when is the cut off date?
>>
>>5258560
>Registration will end November 8 at midnight
would help if read the whole post properly.
>>
>>5258555

wh. . .why'd you have to go and say something like that?!
>>
>>5258577
Cause
I luv u.
>>
Sorry everybody, I'm still working through the emails. I had to stop the other day to drive and visit a friend, but I'm back home now and can continue responding to you all!

>>5254631
You won't be paired up and exchanging with one person, it just doesn't seem very secure to me. Person A will gift person B who gifts person C and so on, so that the only person who has your info is the one who bought you a gift (and me of course).

>>5255027
I'm going through the rest of them today, and from then on will probably check and respond every day or every other day after that.

>>5256396
I'm sure it has, if you don't get a response by tomorrow send me another one.

>>5256441
>>5256457
I could do that, but everyone would eventually find out and would then have my address... plus I'm a nice guy! I just want to spread the happiness!
>>
Alright, I've gone through all the emails in my inbox, so if you haven't gotten a response, send me another email so I can get you all signed up!

Thus far we have 42 people signed up from 6 different countries! Get excited!
>>
>>5259086
Nice, got it.
>>
I really want to join in, but I'm gonna be moving in a week and I don't know what my exact address is going to be. Can I change it when I know for certain?
>>
>>5259114
Honestly it would be easier for me if you just sent me an email when you know for sure, that way I don't need to go and edit info and potentially goof up. But if you're worried you'll forget to sign up or something go ahead and shoot me an email. Just remember that whatever address I have at midnight Nov 8 is what will get sent to your Santa.
>>
PO Boxes are fine right?
>>
hnnnng can't wait to get my match! On another note, is anyone else looking forward to Santa Punichu's Lego Holiday Building Challenge? I'm starting to worry that I might not be able to enter if my semester doesn't finish up before the deadline (if he runs it this year) :(
>>
What are some examples of things you guys are putting down on your wishlist?
>>
>>5259306
I put down the bandai ultraman figures cause they run around $30
Also some neca lines that have highly varried price points.
>>
>>5259306
"Cute anime girls"
>>
>>5259326
Same desu
>>
>>5259326

This but robots
>>
>>5259337
The cutest anime robots.
>>
>>5249036
Hey stupid question, but when you say
>A wishlist with some ideas for your Santa (about 5 is a good starting point)
You mean things you hope to get, yeah?
>>
>>5259343
Yeah specific items you'd like or general ideas like a brand or franchise you like
>>
>>5259306
Bees
>>
I have girly interests and I'm embarrassed to join this even though I want to tbqh.
>>
>>5259361

It's Santa, Santa doesn't care even if you like ponies.
>>
>>5259361
I'm putting down some Funko Pops on mine.

Can't get much more embarrassing than that.

Unless it's ponies.
>>
>>5259306
I actually have an amazon list, I put in my e-mail that I wasn't expecting anything off it (And I really don't, it's mostly full of stuff I lost when I had to move last year, organized so that I can remember to re-purchase it at some point) But it gives a good idea what kind of stuff I like and what I don't have.
Honestly I would be pretty happy if someone sent me one or two of the Combiner Wars limbs I'm missing, those things have been a real pain in the ass to find in my area.
On the other hand I'm am in it this year for the gifting not the getting of gifts so I'll be really happy if my recipient is happy with their surprise.
>>
>>5259415
Fuck that noise
I'm gonna make you the happiest motherfucker around.
>>
I'm honestly pretty excited
>>
>>5259482

Me too, I haven't sent mine in yet but I definitely plan to before the deadline. I'm 99.9% sure I'll be able to I just need to make sure
>>
>>5259361
No one really care but you can use a nickname if you are embarrassed enough
>>
>>5259361
I have a really girly name so I was embarrassed to join too
>>
>>5259763
Do you like girly things? If someone had a really cute name I'd be more likely to give them something extra like candy
>>
Is it the 8th yet...
>>
>>5259767

Soon senpai
>>
>>5259765
You're a bit sweet anon-kun
>>
File: 1.jpg (45 KB, 500x569) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
45 KB, 500x569
>>5259765
I wanted to send some typical candies... But apparently I can't send food internationally
>>
>>5260163

Maybe some gachapon?
>>
>>5260163
U can't? I thought it just cost a lot. Does it matter if it's sealed at all? I got some of the snack boxes off Amiami to use for filler...
>>
>>5259361

No one is going to buy you a $1000 BJD, anon.
>>
>>5260163
Just do it anyway dude, what are they going to do? I've bought candies and stuff from Japan all the time!
>>
>>5260203
I would if they were my qt trap bf no homo
>>
>>5260203
I would desu
>>
File: 1.jpg (8 KB, 333x229) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
8 KB, 333x229
>>5260199
>>5260206
I'm not from the US and is on the list of forbidden things to send internationally in a private shipper company, and I don't want my S.S don't get his gift because someone in the aduana open it in search of drugs, eat the candy and stole the toys because I send it in the cheaper option
>>
I'm going to try to go to toys r us later, maybe I can find some cute "stocking stuffers"

[spoiler]or I'll buy several hundred dinosaur stickers[/spoiler]
>>
File: rip koropata.gif (113 KB, 500x369) Image search: [Google]
rip koropata.gif
113 KB, 500x369
>>5260480

fff i forgot there's no spoilers im so stupid when i forget to sleep
>>
>>5260481
Silly.
>>
Would it be ok to send an amazon wish list instead of my shipping address?

I really want to precipitate, but a random stranger on the internet having my address makes me kind of uncomfortable.
>>
>>5260600
How does that work? Do they not show your address to the person buying you stuff?

ALSO, I think in some ways that defeats the point of SS since the wishlist is more of a suggestion of the things you enjoy rather than exact things you want. There is a chance that your SS may get you nothing from your list if you ask for specific things but rather related things they have access to.

IMO
>>
File: As5a1ppt.gif (23 KB, 216x216) Image search: [Google]
As5a1ppt.gif
23 KB, 216x216
>>5260600
>I really want to precipitate
By all means, don't let us get in your way.
>>
>>5260481
what game is this?
>>
>>5260640
What am I looking at?
>>
File: precipitation_reactions.jpg (14 KB, 332x283) Image search: [Google]
precipitation_reactions.jpg
14 KB, 332x283
>>5260693
>What am I looking at?
That is an example of precipitate. I think the word he was looking for was participate.
>>
Quick question, when are we expected to ship things out? Just any time before Christmas?

>>5260688
http://www.siliconera.com/2009/12/22/coropata-its-like-japans-take-on-the-incredible-machine/
>>
Mine hath been sent.

I don't move into my new place till the 14th of November, though.

Should be fine.
>>
>>5260770
And now it was hilarious. Thank you!
>>
Email sent! I'm pretty stoked to get in on this
>>
File: 1445818177461.png (311 KB, 414x388) Image search: [Google]
1445818177461.png
311 KB, 414x388
Just sent mine in too, I hope I get matched with someone cute I can spoil.
>>
Sent! It's like I have people in my life who really love me - instead of the soul crushing loneliness I feel on a daily basis.
>>
>>5261123
Same!

(Until I get grinched and cry on Christmas)
>>
Would people get mad if I didn't completely follow their wish list?
>>
>>5261149
I just put interests. If I wanted something specifically I'd have bought it myself.
>>
>>5261149

It's just there to be a suggestion I guess. As for me I gave both specific and broad examples, it's up to Santa to decide how they want to take that.

Getting just what you want is nice, but it's exciting to see what someone can come up with too. But on the other hand, some people can be hard to get gifts for so it can be nice to know exactly what they want.
>>
>>5261149
My only concern doing that would be getting something that the person already has. And there is a chance of getting too far away from their likes.

For example, I put Little Armory kits on mine, so someone like you might assume I like model kits and get me some really cool Gundam kits to try and surprise me. Unfortunately, I generally don't like model kits and only love LA stuff because I love guns. Or I also put Strike Witches Figmas or AGP on my list. You might go a step further and toss in some Nendoroids, but I specifically left them off because I have all of them.
>>
>>5261149
if you got one thing on my list and just sent me other stuff i would be cool with that. because im expecting only one thing so anything else is a bonus.
>>
As someone's Santa Claus, how will I know if they are naughty or nice? Do I get like their stats?
>>
>>5261170
>Or I also put Strike Witches Figmas or AGP on my list. You might go a step further and toss in some Nendoroids, but I specifically left them off because I have all of them.

Hope I don't get you then I was gonna throw a Shirley Nendo in as a bonus for whoever I got.
>>
Would digital things go against the spirit of Christmas?

Steam games or some shit for example.
>>
>>5261381
I think thatd only be appropiate if your assignment says theyd like a game on steam.

Im not the one who makes the rules, but thatd be kinda a bummer to get something that i can lliterally just get right now by clicking a few buttons
>>
>>5261381
It's a /toy/ secret santa. I think statues should be about as far as you should get from that criteria. Try a /v/ or steam SS of you want to do games.
>>
>>5261149
absolutely not, at least in my case, can't speak for others. I sent a wishlist but it was mostly full of stuff I can't find or would like to have (i.e. a wish) and stuff I needed to replace. If my Santa saw that and took it as inspiration to find something similar with out picking something off my wish list I wouldn't even bat an eye. I'd just be happy to have something to open Christmas day.
>>
File: Hanna-justina_marseille.jpg (13 KB, 190x428) Image search: [Google]
Hanna-justina_marseille.jpg
13 KB, 190x428
>>5261377
I mean, I'll take it. It's not like there are fifty other witches that will never get toys that I could make customs for or anything.
>>
Five more days friends.
>>
Oh man - I really hope my e-mail went through. Will Santa be sending out confirmation messages?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.