[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NERF GENERAL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51
File: recon.jpg (27 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
recon.jpg
27 KB, 480x360
So should we be excited for this thing? The original Recon was my stuff, man.
>>
So I put an orange mod works solid stage 1 kit inside an elite alpha trooper and I'm noticing the dart will sometimes fall out of the barrel. Otherwise it works fine. Any idea what's causing this? Only happens ever so often
>>
>>5234034
I have a stock EAT and this happens all the time. I avoid it by keeping the priming handle back when I'm not in direct combat and with the jam door open. This way, the dart won't be locked forward completely and falls out way less. On the negative side though, you have to rack it harder when you actually start shooting. I mainly play HvZ rather than Nerf wars so there's long periods of skulking around between bursts of combat so this saves me tons on not losing darts.
>>
>>5233998
That gun reminds me vaguely of something from Mass Effect. Not sure why.
>>
N"system (it's a Fucking magazine) ,no electrics any recommendations would be awesome thanks
>>
>>5233998
That looks cool, but the cocking handle is still on top, which is cumbersome as hell. Tell me when they get a pump action that looks like that.
>>
File: nerf modulus single.jpg (695 KB, 1728x1296) Image search: [Google]
nerf modulus single.jpg
695 KB, 1728x1296
Singles better because its a fucking bolter.
>>
File: IMG_3145.jpg (658 KB, 1728x1296) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3145.jpg
658 KB, 1728x1296
>>5234542
Oh hey my pic. This is it now.
>>
>>5234542

I need that in my life. I NEED a damned bolter.
>>
File: HSB4616lg.jpg (33 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
HSB4616lg.jpg
33 KB, 500x500
>>5233998
>coming november 2015
>29.99$
>>
>>5234489
What in the hell are you even trying to say?
>>
>>5235624
I think he's looking for a springer that's mag fed.
>>
>>5235663
>>5234489

We still need more info. Price point? Willing to mod? War or casual? Do accessories matter? Do you need one big clip or are you going to get more?
>>
>>5234602
Wow, another barrel extension Coop will love because it's too short to impact ranges.
>>
>>5236302

>hate barrel-less retaliator because it's unwieldy as hell
>hate barreled retaliator because range is impacted

finally a worthy waifu
>>
File: if you know what i mean.jpg (76 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
if you know what i mean.jpg
76 KB, 900x900
>>5234602
>>5236302
>>5236317
>stock is finally long enough to properly shoulder
Is this Coop's dream gun?
>>
>>5236326
>Is this Coop's dream gun?
He'll just call it a re-shelled Retaliator with great accessories.

Being Recon Mk II is suffering.
>>
>>5234602
Pretty sure price will drop. Similar to flipfury that started at $30 and now is $15. I'm liking the stock, but why has no one mentioned the spring housing in the back? It sticks out WAY more than the og recon or retaliator.

Really the worst fear for this is it just being a reshell of the old recon like they e been doing with the longshot. Both the zombie and 'elite' paint jobs are nothing but just that. No performance buff what so ever other than using elite darts.
>>
>>5234489
Alpha Trooper. New batch is coming in soon, don't pay the ridiculous prices online.
>>
File: retal vs recon.png (274 KB, 1309x394) Image search: [Google]
retal vs recon.png
274 KB, 1309x394
>>5236347
>it just being a reshell of the old recon like they e been doing with the longshot
Retaliator used the same shell and barrel as the old Recon, and had boosted performance.

Going back to the old Recon's performance while using new molds for the gun's shell, barrel, and stock would be absolutely preposterous when the Retaliator's internals already exist.
>>
>>5236347
>spring housing in the back? It sticks out WAY more than the og recon or retaliator.
Looks like it sticks out just as much as the Retaliator's. The Retaliator stock just covers more of it. >>5236353
>>
>>5236353
That's a pic of the old Recon, it was changed to have a tube in the back since some dumb kids got their fingers stuck or some shit.
>>
>>5236353
I don't think you understand how the 'elite upgrades' work. Shell means very little and the barrel is an accessory, not a key functioning piece to the gun.

To my knowledge, every elite gun that has an og Nstrike counterpart has had better air seal, dart fit, and larger/better springs. As in the things that actually matter.

The longshot is literally just a re release, with one having the bipod and front gun gone. The internals and mechanics are the same as when i was first released.
>>
>how to make Zeus reloading better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XmhHmLeazE
>>
Anyone have experience with Raider drums in rapidstrikes? Is jamming bad?
>>
>>5236464
I had no problems. But your experience will vary for obvious reasons... So long as you've got the battery power and well-formed darts the drum should empty reliably.
>>
Any one here do HvZ often? I might have a shot to get in on my campus game and I'd like some advise on what to use.

Do you prefer flywheel or spring?
Clip fed or open turret?
How much ammo is enough to fight but not be bogged down?
Any stories you'd like to share?
What's your load out/play style like?
>>
>>5234542
>bolter
Is there a 30 round magazine you can use or this thing?
>>
I'm really considering getting the stage 1 and 2 OMW kits for my retaliator, but I was first wondering if anyone had any issues with them first. I have the stage 1 EAT kit and it misfires sometimes (I prime it and it fires by itself). Does the retaliator has these same problems? What causes them? Catch spring not doing its job?
>>
>>5236960
Just found my rules at my uni.
>no modded guns in any fashion
>this includes paint
>can only have a gun using a 6 dart clip or max capacity of 6 until a certain mission is complete. This means no rough cut or things similar until then.
>no limitation on amount of clips/guns a person can have.

So with all this in mind, what should I pack? I'm very tempted to invest in dual hammershots. How would these rules shape your loadout?
>>
>>5237469

That capacity rule is horse shit.
>>
>>5237474
It's only till after the first mission. After its complete its free game on whatever (still no modded guns though). This also lasts a full week on one of the largest campus in the USA, so running is always an option.
>>
>>5233998
The og recon was notoriously garbage.

The elite gun that used it's shell had new innards and this was pretty ok. And I can't imagine they would go backwards for this one.
And the recon was one of the comfiest grips.

Still.. Bad memories.
>>
>>5237486

It's funny because the original recon was like THE gun to use with me and my friends back in like 2010 just because there was nothing better out there (that we had anyway). I love the retaliator and it's not done me wrong in 3 years of war. Just wish it shot just a bit harder.
>>
>>5236960
>Do you prefer flywheel or spring?
Flywheel is better for hold missions, when you're stationary, and hordebusting. Springers are better for corners and moving on the go because they don't have a spinup time.
>Clip fed or open turret?
Clipfed all the way, unless you're a fast scout archetype in which case I'd suggest dual hammershots
>How much ammo is enough to fight but not be bogged down?
Honestly, I rarely have to use the other side of a jungle mag, even at invitationals. Two 18s should be plenty.
>Any stories you'd like to share?
Get any perks your campus offers as soon as possible. Later in the week you're too busy fighting for your life to do collectathons
>What's your load out/play style like?
Elite Alpha Trooper with jungled 18-mags and a side holster for either a hammershot or strongarm. My school also allows melee so I carry a sockwhip and sometimes throwing socks (we have a special zombie called the tank that can only die to socks)
>>
>>5236960

Don't play HvZ but I have gun v gun war preferences to share. I guess it'll be nice to see the contrast between HvZ styles and gunfight styles.

>flywheel or spring
I've always used a spring. Have a rapidstrike on the way to being modded currently but I've always mained a retaliator. We always play in environments with lots of cover so I can pick shots carefully. Don't really need to spray most of the time.

>clip fed or open?
Clip for primaries. Have a hammershot secondary so there's that. I think all my secondaries in the past have been open turret.

>ammo?
Just doing PvP stuff, I only carry a 12 round in my gun and two 6 rounds in a little belt pouch. I don't want a lot because we move often.

>stories?
Later I suppose. I'm the long winded war story anon from the last thread.

>loadout/playstyle?
Have a war this Saturday, and it's gonna be pyragon primary and hammershot/sidestrike (depends on if my hammershot holster gets here in time) during the day and swapping the pyragon for my retaliator at night. We have streetlights here that allow us some night play. It'll be less run and gun so I'll slow down my style with the retaliator.
>>
>>5236960

Not HvZ but I used to war alot, there's alot of crossover

> Do you prefer flywheel or spring?
Spring all the way, flywheels are fun. But spinnup time will get you killed. Dead batteries too. Only limit on spring is how fast your hands are

> Clip fed or open turret?
Clips are great but Always have a secondary open turret. If your clips go dry you need to be able to scoop ammo.

>How much ammo is enough to fight but not be bogged down? In HvZ its more of a make your shots count scenario, so not much, for wars i carried a small satchel bag with my secondary, 10 or so clips, AMD a ton of loose ammo, never got in my way at all. Holsters are overrated.

Nailed a friend from all the way across a gymnasium with a night finder, arced it high and dropped it on his head.

Generally a minimized, extra springed, and AT drilled longshot with a maverick and a crayola barreled, rubber banded, extra springed, double O-ringed Nightfinder in my bag
>>
Someone told me the old 18 round mags that came with the stampede are crummy for newer flywheel guns, especially ones that shoot faster. Can anyone confirm?
>>
If I'm looking to pick up a nerf blaster, the Stryfe is the best one for a beginner right? I've heard it's extremely modular and moddable.

I'm not looking to spend huge amounts on it yet, so the modulus is a bit too expensive.

It's for an assassins game at my uni.
>>
File: nerf flowchart.png (18 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
nerf flowchart.png
18 KB, 960x720
>>5238533
keep in mind that battery powered blasters out of the box are weaker compared to spring powered blasters.
also they need rev up time before you can shoot.
i'd recommend a springer to a beginner.

but if you're comfortable with soldering, swapping motors and rewirering, then get a stryfe.
>>
>>5238533
Start with a spring gun. Learn you some physics and how stuff works.

Grab a nightfinder or whatever the new equivalent is called. Those are moddable as fuck, cheap as dirt. Limitless potential.
>>
>>5238667
>>5238714
Is the Maverick a decent choice? A single-shot capacity seems weak.
>>
>>5239034
Go with a Strongarm, it's essentially an improved Maverick in every way.
>>
>>5239034
If you must, get the elite strongarm. Pretty much same gun, but one shoots 25ft farther.

Really if you plan on investing more than just a gun and darts, a clip fed gun is the best choice since you have 3x the capacity and reloading is so much faster.
>>
>>5239081
>reloading is so much faster
>Not taking in the thrill of reloading during a battle
I feel sorry for you, Snake.
>>
>>5239034
The Maverick is a bad choice, even for short term use. The Hammershot, Strongarm, and Sweet Revenge out perform it. Maybe consider a Jolt if it's for a short term use.
>>
>>5238533
For assassins get a triad or a double strike, they're small but have more than one shot.
>>
>>5239093
Its not like clips hold infinite ammo. You still have to reload and in some ways it can be worse than open turret since you generally cant look at the battle and reload at the same time with clips. Open turrent you can go by feel pretty much.
>>
>>5239105
Better yet get a spit strike. 2 shots primed for when someone tries to get you right after you get someone else. Or both at once if aiming is an issue.
>>
>>5239034
As said. Maverick is outclassed by the stronger and hammershot.

Even back in the day they were convenient, but finnickey.

Not many mods ever did all that much to help them, and occasionally made them more tempermental.

I Havnt played with one yet. But actually. Check out the flip fury as it essentially took one of the best maverick mods I've ever seen and made it an official blaster.

Keep in mind. There's less beginner mod potential in these sorta of beaters.
>>
>>5239034

I had a maverick back in the day and now matter what kind of dart I put in it, it'd jam. I was lucky to get 2 good shots out of that thing. Meanwhile, my friend was a sharpshooter with his. Guess I might've gotten a dud. But yeah, strongarm or hammershot.
>>
File: 1420403692889.jpg (10 KB, 285x287) Image search: [Google]
1420403692889.jpg
10 KB, 285x287
Buzzbee.
>>
>>5239451
What about'em?
>>
Do people honestly prefer the EAT over the retaliator so much just because of the pump grip? Does it fluster people THAT much just to move their hand to prime? They seem to be more or less the same gun internally performance wise
>>
File: images-5.jpg (14 KB, 595x247) Image search: [Google]
images-5.jpg
14 KB, 595x247
>>5239451
>this atrocious design
>this sick bolt action prime

I'm divided.
>>
>>5239635
its like the sucky weapon you keep in an rpg because you like it
>>
File: images-3.jpg (23 KB, 423x347) Image search: [Google]
images-3.jpg
23 KB, 423x347
What do you guys think about pic related? I wanna mod mine, I don't like the priming mechanism, although I love the design. Has someone made something on this gun in particular?
>>
>>5239601
I like it it because of the pump action motion which I find satisfying. Despite that the retaliator is great even if it isn't modded to be pump action as well.
>>
File: IMG_0001.jpg (91 KB, 1023x682) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0001.jpg
91 KB, 1023x682
>>5239662
Ok just found what I want to do.
>>
>>5239601
Yeah. Pumps are sexy, top slides suck.
>>
>>5239662

Getchu a rampage instead bruh
>>
>>5239635
Wow that looks awful. They should really hire a better designer.
>>
>>5239774
What is different? They look the same.
>>
>>5239803

Rampage is the successor to the Raider. Better internals. A modded raider (depends on the mod) will probably shoot as good as a stock Rampage.
>>
>>5239815
I was thinking of putting a 12 dart clip and changing the spring on mine.

Also,where can I get the spring?
>>
>>5239820

Uh, orange mod works probably. They have lots of modding stuff. For reasonable prices too, or at least I think so.

but yeah, I'd grab a rampage instead. There's no reason to get a raider instead unless you just really, really want a raider for some reason. I imagine springs for a rampage would cost the same as raider springs and you'll be getting better baseline performance out of a rampage anywho.
>>
>>5239825
I already have a Raider, so I find no need to buy another blaster, as I just play casually with friends. I just want to mod it for better firepower and maybe minor changes in design.

I'll check this modding group out. As you can see, I'm a rookie. Thanks, anon(s).
>>
>>5239834

Oh okay, if you already have a raider and just play casually then that's cool. Spring replacement and a paint job of sorts sounds right up your alley.

And you are very welcome, anon.
>>
>>5239601
I prefer the EAT because the pump action just seems like a more natural, fluid movement and it doesn't require you to put your arm in your line of sight. The Retaliator is a good blaster, it's just the priming for it is pretty awkward.

>>5239635
I keep hoping Hasbro will get around to making an actual Bolt action style blaster. Maybe something in the Zombie Strike line with an internal magazine to make it feel different from other blasters. A bolt action blaster would probably be fantastic performance wise due to it being such a direct and simple mechanical set up.
>>
>>5239740
Holy shit nigga that's cool. Does anyone know what scope is that? I'm doing this shit.
>>
>>5239855
Looks like a Longshot scope
>>
>>5239859
Right on pal, thanks.
>>
>>5239842
Zombie Strike is dead, Doomlands is what's next.
>>
>>5240165
I really hope not. All the doomlands stuff out right now is utter dog shit.
>>
>>5240463
My ass it is, the vagabond looks sweet as hell and does it's job just fine, slamfire on it works great. Is it practical for a "Serious" nerf war? No, of course not, but most of the more interesting zombiestike stuff isn't either.

The lawbringer on the other hand is a 12 shot capacity hammer primed blaster that is super useful. Arguably best secondary available, and best option for dual wielding primary by far.

The upcoming 4 shot pistol looks like shit though, I'll give you that.
>>
>>5240549
You're full of it m8. The vagabond is a pump action strongarm. It's price point is completely unjustified. And the lawbringer is only half decent at best. It's far to bulky to be used effectively as either a side arm or to dual wield. And no, it's not the best to dual wield primary out there since stryfes and its variants hold 18 and weigh far less.

If you like the looks than that's fine, but I personally buy for unique role filling and performance. So far the line has done neither effecively. Mean while the zombie strike like has some pretty unique guns. Flipfury and dominator has a massive fun/crazy factor while still having an actual niche. Slingfire is the same with its lever action, however does its role a bit worse than some others. And of course we have what most consider the end all be all of side arms with the hammershot, which not only has a pretty unique prime but also is size efficient and fills its role perfectly. Overall I'm not impressed with anything doomlands has offered.

What's this about a pistol? First I'm hearing of it.
>>
Agree to disagree on the lawbringer, I thought it looked awkward but once I got it in hand totally changed my mind. Flywheel are for faggots so stryfes and anything else can eat a dick. As for the vagabond we've already established that its not practical in a war but it's pretty sweet otherwise. Plus you can't slamfire a strongarm!

The pistol looks like a sawed off roughcut then cut in half with a hammer pull spring. It's flat out ugly, but otherwise I like the dollars aesthetic so far and whether it's under zombie or doomlands nerf has established that their fantasy lines are where the most fun and out there ideas are going to come from. ill let everyone else worry about rivals for performance and modulus for their super leet status, give me the shotguns, she'll firing guns and revolvers any day of the week.
>>
>>5240996
>Plus you can't slamfire a strongarm!
Yes you literally can
>>
>tfw the zombie strike and elite longshots are literally just repaints and still get a maximum of 20-30 feet of range

Literally why
>>
>>5241532
Money, money, money.
>>
>tfw war later today
>tfw guy bringing barricades he made out of shipping pallets
>tfw friend of mine did a full auto zeus mod
>tfw 20+ people attending

craaaazy stories incoming this weekend fellas
>>
>>5241847
>full auto zeus mod
Might as well stick flex tubing and a funnel onto it.
>>
>>5241847
at first I thought you were talking about nerf barricades
>>
>>5241851

I mentioned that to him actually. Soon as we can find the tubing I think we'll try to make some kind of backpack out of it.
>>
>>5234602
Man, I love the size of that. If only you could fit stryfe/rapidstrike parts in that shell.
>>
>>5241940
You can if it wasn't for child safety laws.
>>
I want a blaster like the doominator but rebuilt to fire demolisher missiles so I can live out my Demoman fantasies
>>
>>5244331
dude I want to make this a reality so hard
>>
File: pTRUCA1-21458605dt.jpg (68 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
pTRUCA1-21458605dt.jpg
68 KB, 500x500
this shit i want to mod is half off at toys r us

>their phone doesn't work so ill have to go there by chance
>>
>>5244377
Beware, it performs the same as it did back in the day, so it cant even try to compete untill you mod it.
>>
>>5244418
i know, cant find the original model though, so this lower price one will do
>>
Babysat three young boys last night and had an awesome Nerf war with them. They gave me a single gun, built a huge barricaded base for themselves, and added plenty of bogus rules. Still won, because... They're little kids. xD It was very fun though. The gun they gave me was a single shot top loading pistol with a weird stock attachment. It kind of looked like the old NES Duck Hunt gun controller.
>>
Should I bother with Modulus if I own a Styfe?
Or should I just buy some of its accesories?
>>
>>5244589
Definitely buy some of its accessories. Hell, Amazon has a thing where you can build your own Modulus. Though, if you plan to buy all the accessories, it's cheaper to buy each kit.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/adlp/nerfmodulus/
>>
>>5244549
>The gun they gave me was a single shot top loading pistol with a weird stock attachment. It kind of looked like the old NES Duck Hunt gun controller.

Sounds like the SharpFire
http://nerf.wikia.com/wiki/SharpFire
>>
I have returned with a semi fun semi disastrous war that I will go into detail about.

Had a turnout of 18 people. 9v9. For those that missed my intro backstory in the last thread. My group of friends have a faction we call "the wolf pack" and this other dude's friends calls his "the olympians" because they ran track in high school (and now some in college) and like melee weapons. We had the same teams all night. Wolves v Olympians. Started out trying CTF for the first time in our years of experience.

The war was held at my parents' place. They were cool with everyone coming down and everyone liked my place the best in the past so it was a no brainer. Big property. Lots of old houses and cover everywhere. Perfect battlefield tbh. Had flags on opposite ends of the yard which was an easy 80 yards or so. Match started off slowly. Plan was for me and another quick guy to assault the flag and the rest would defend. Well this didn't work at all bc the other team was defending way too hard. I had a pyragon and he had a retaliator. Between half the enemy team and a clutter of buildings they could sneak around, it just wasn't working. Several respawns later, I give up and join the defense team. Which works out because the olympians have 2 big ass wooden shields constantly charging us so extra manpower never hurt. I got around 4 or 5 kills throughout all of this, and I cannot remember for the life of me how it happened, but there was one point where literally the entire enemy team was respawning. So I dropped my gun and just sprinted into their territory, grabbed the flag, and ran like a maniac the other way.

"SOOOOOMEOOOOOONE COOOOOOVER MEEEEEE" I yelled at the top of my lungs in a half cartoonish fashion as they soon spawned in and trailed me from a ways back. They didn't catch me though. I triumphantly slammed the flag down into our goal and got us our first ever CTF win.
>>
>>5244845

Truth be told, nothing noteworthy happened that I took part in for the next few rounds. We won the following 2 CTF games and were 3-0 for the day. We were gonna do quick TDM bc CTF is taking forever at this point then go grab something to eat. Here is where disaster strikes.

Friend of mine has some kind of really old nerf gun that looks like it's from the late 90s/early 2000s. It was originally a 6 turret thing but he cut out the turret and put a PVC pipe on it and turned it into an air powered sniper rifle. It shoots really, really, really hard. At point blank it put a whole in one of the shields. Well, some hotheaded fag on the other team was unlucky enough to get in the face with it it and he got all huffy puffy and wanted to fight over it. Thankfully we separated the two and they went their separate ways. Needless to say that match was a no contest. We just figured it'd be best to call it quits after that near fight and eat something. It was like 6:30 by this point so we just chilled til after 7 and waited for it to get dark. Here's where the fun began. Night time sneakin nerf gear solid.

Before I go on, the kid that got shot with the air gun has a black eye now, so needless to say he's kinda pissed for the rest of the night. But anyway, we start up night time CTF and we have the absolute most grueling matches of nerf I've ever experienced. I've hidden in trees before, I've crawled through mud, I've ran through a creek, I've hid under houses, but this was just miserable. No one knew where anyone was at, and the panic of having multiple shields moving on our base while the rest of the team was unaccounted for was absolutely horrifying. Many times would I stealth all the way into their base only to have some fag sitting in a corner pop me on the way by. It was just a constant string of respawning and defending and respawning and defending. It was totally a good time but absolutely miserable at the same time.
>>
>>5244854

I say with shame and butthurt that we only won one more match and lost the following 3. Idk what even happened. Turnout for the day was 4 wins and 4 losses, and at least one of those I feel I could've prevented. I grabbed an unguarded flag at one point and for whatever reason I ran into the enemy team and not the unguarded way I came from. I just wasn't thinking I guess. We were all tired and half pissed off.

At one point, some dude on our team threw a hoodie on and covered his face and was literally IN THEIR BASE PRETENDING TO BE ONE OF THEM. He literally sat and defended their flag and was about to run off with it but one our dudes shot him thinking he WAS on the enemy team and got the flag himself. And said guy died. That poor man was in disguise for 15 minutes or more and didn't get anything out of it. That was two more potential wins we could've had but didn't because of silly, not-thinking-straight shit.

On top of the butthurt of losing, black eye kid and his friends stole some of our stuff in retaliation for the sniper rifle incident. Friend of mine made some homemade tomahawks out of paper and electrical tape and we legit have 2 of the 5 we started and they were nowhere on this property this morning when I cleaned up. So now both sides are kinda pissed and I'm not sure who's gonna be invited back to these things.

It was overall fun for the most part. I had like 22 kills by the end of it all. Probably around 10-12 deaths, I lost track really. I made this one kid run into a fence at one point due to pyragon slam fire and shot him while he was down. Another notable kill was me just firing a retaliator round into a group of 3 from about 50 feet out at night and hitting someone. It was fun but the butthurt is real. We likely take this too seriously for our own good but it's pretty shitty that the day turned into black eyes and stolen goods.
>>
File: boomco_breakflip.jpg (337 KB, 3000x2250) Image search: [Google]
boomco_breakflip.jpg
337 KB, 3000x2250
>>5240616
>The vagabond is a pump action strongarm. It's price point is completely unjustified.
I agree.

I like the look of the Vagabond, and often that's enough to justify the purchase for me, but not at that price point. I'll buy blasters purely for style and "coolness", but if you want me to pay THAT much, it better actually be effective and useful too.

And the Lawbringer is just ugly as sin. Try as I might, I can't get myself past that.

BoomCo's Breakflip is really fitting both the Vagabond and Lawbringer's niches better than either of those guns do, at least for me. "Shotgun" aesthetic (but actually effective), and one-handed / dual-wield without being flywheel (while not looking like a massive hunk of ass).
>>
Does anyone have experience with bootleg vortex discs? I'd like to buy in bulk and I'm not paying $20 for 40 of those suckers if the bootlegs aren't much worse
>>
>>5244882
Bought some for my cousin.
They're pretty good, if not on par. Just remember you WILL get 1-5 defects in a 30 pack
>>
>>5244763
Definitely was this one. Good call!
>>
>>5234602
>>5233998
I'm admittedly not a huge follower of Nerf but this looks so fucking cool. I've gotta own it. I'm not a huge fan of the plastic-tipped darts though, can I sub in any of the old suction cup ones?
>>
>>5245421
Not the OLD old darts, but they did do suction cup "elite" darts last year. You should still be able to find them.
>>
File: image.jpg (254 KB, 1600x898) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
254 KB, 1600x898
Don't know how up y'all are in leaks but here's this. Firing switch dictates what you shoot.

Best case scenario, you can scavenge any dart to use, but it seems pretty large for a side arm. If the internals are similar to the firestrike, it has small niche advantages for having 6 shots loaded and a variety of ammo. However it appears a bit bulky an not entirely practical.
>>
>>5244880
I can agree to all those points except looks, but that's highly subjective and that's okay.

As far as 'shot guns' go, I'd suggest looking into the split strike. I just recently picked one up purely for giggles, and I'm enjoying it. Long ago I got a buzz bee double shot just for its gimmick of '2 darts no re-prime' and this is that same concept but perfected. No shells to fiddle with and it's entirely possible to use 2 of the systems at once for a burst of 4 darts when you need it.

Be warned though, out of the box mine is not only underperforming my triad, but one of the halves shoots about 10-15ft farther than the other. Might just be a lemon. Simple spring replacement should fix that right up though.
>>
>>5245668
Doesn't look all that practical.
>>
>>5240616
A pump action strong arm, in and of itself, isn't a bad idea and would actually be a very useful blaster. The problem with the Vagabond isn't the concept, it's the execution. The elongated and unneeded barrel, the extra long and odd looking loading cylinder and the reduced performance compared to most N-Strike Elites are what really hold it back.

As for the Flipfury and Doominator, the Flipfury as a blaster just seems large and awkward. The gimmick is nifty, but I find the Lawbringer actually feels more comfortable to fire and with less moving parts is a bit more reliable. The Doominator on the other hand is easily the king in terms of non-mag fed ammo capacity, but I'm just personally disappointed that of all the Zombie Strike gimmicks to re-visit they chose the Flipfury's rotating cylinders as opposed to the Sledgefire's shell system.

I personally buy blasters that I feel are unique and have decent to good performance as well, and I'll probably grab a Doominator at some point just because it looks badass. But if it used a giant, shell packed cylinder to fire repeated three shot bursts, I'd probably already own it. Throw in the fact that people have already created shells that would allow you to fire single, boosted power elites or Mega darts from the same chamber with no mods, and the Doominator would've been the king of versatility.

As for the Lawbringer, it's doable to dual wield, but certainly not the most comfortable way to shoot it. But it is a good gun with a simple mechanism that's fun to use and has a good ammo capacity (with extra dart storage). I would choose it over a Flipfury any day, mainly because I dislike large top-primed blasters like the Flipfury.

>>5244880
The Breakflip is essentially just an awkwardly designed Slingfire. It's a lever action blaster...but the lever is actually the entire handle of the blaster. If you want a lever action blaster, the Slingfire is pretty much a better gun with the same motion.
>>
>>5245668
>>5245686

It should've been pump action, with a larger elite ammo capacity and had a stock hardpoint.

Still, it's interesting that Nerf is finally realizing that Mega darts can work as good "underbarrel" ammo for Elites. Maybe we'll even get a Modulus attachment that can hook under a blaster's barrel that shoots Megas.
>>
>>5245707
>The Breakflip is essentially just an awkwardly designed Slingfire. It's a lever action blaster...but the lever is actually the entire handle of the blaster. If you want a lever action blaster, the Slingfire is pretty much a better gun with the same motion.

I disagree - I think it's a much better designed Slingfire, with a better look.

I wasn't a fan of the Slingfire at all. It's awkward-looking, and the lever feels flimsy. And single-handed operation was iffy, at best.
>>
>>5245756
It's the lever that feels flimsy. For some reason they made it out of really soft plastic. They should've taken notes from buzzbee and made the lever metal.
>>
>>5245421
By "OLD old," how old are we talking? Could I use the darts from say, my Maverick? Or is that too far back?
>>
>>5246147
The newer dart's profile is the same, if not a little bigger than the head they are fitted with; be it suction or streamline.

The "OLD" darts profile varied. Streamlines (orange clip darts) are like the newer elite darts, and will likely work fine. The micro darts, dart tag Velcro darts, and whistle darts have a dart head larger than the foam profile. This is the reason they didn't work in clip guns back then, and the same is still true now.
>>
No. Anything that uses a clip cannot use old suction darts.

Instead, the elite line now has "elite" suction darts. Which have the profile of the streamlined but have a smaller, tiny suction cup on the end.
>>
Update to what I posted >>5245686 about the splitstrike issue.

Opened up the halves to prep for mod since I had some OMW firestrike springs laying around. The plunger heads are similar to the firestrike in that it's designed to be one way. However the firestrike 'so head had a hole in it to allow it to come off if you teased it enough. These are completely solid so the same trick won't work. I plan to Dremel the edges off of the post, drill a hole in it, and then use a screw to secure it after I'm done replacing the springs.

In the mean time I fixed the previous problem of one shooting shorter than the other by applying some silicone grease to the plunger heads and o-rings. Both halves are now shooting to par with the triad I used before as a comparison.
>>
Is there a bolt-prime action rifle there's worth getting?
>>
File: not-elite longshot.jpg (71 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
not-elite longshot.jpg
71 KB, 500x500
>>5249831
Longshot, but only if you're willing to modify it.

Pic related: same internals as Zombiestrike and the original.
>>
File: system7-3.jpg (42 KB, 500x433) Image search: [Google]
system7-3.jpg
42 KB, 500x433
>>
Emergency page 10 prevention bump
>>
>tried cutting up a dart and shoving it in to see if I could make buckshot

Remember, don't nerf drunk
>>
>the sidestrike isn't internally fed like the Magnus

What could've been
>>
File: crankbow.jpg (343 KB, 3000x2250) Image search: [Google]
crankbow.jpg
343 KB, 3000x2250
It was real hard not to buy a Zeus today, I had it in hand and was looking for batteries. If I had found the batteries earlier I woulda bought it.

I'm also thinking about trying some Boomco. Crankbow, maybe the Halo Needler. Anyone have any experience with the Boomco stuff?
>>
>>5259075
Sorry apparently this thing is called the Flipbow.
>>
Is the BoomCo Plasma Pistol worth $10?
>>
>>5259329
That Plasma one looks so sweet, and Drac seemed to really like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlDgRkhFTCs
>>
>Try to look for Boom Co Halo Reviews
>Find this spaz looking shit
>4 seconds in
>"Covenant Carbeen"
>Close video and try not to get mad

What in the flying fuck?
Is it unspoken law for any toy Reviewer to not be able to pronounce shit?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODMYrs1hcwU
>>
File: fuck off.png (3 KB, 399x22) Image search: [Google]
fuck off.png
3 KB, 399x22
>>5260116
>tripfag
>shitting on coop
>not recognising that words can be pronounced more than one way
you should leave in my opinion to be honest family
>>
File: tfj7jivoy3yn9kdkyky1.jpg (355 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
tfj7jivoy3yn9kdkyky1.jpg
355 KB, 1024x576
>>5259075
Bought that Zeus, today.

Pros:
-Hits HARD
-Sized for an adult
-The mod potential is great
-Great design

Cons:
-Kinda heavy (but evenly weighted)
-Only 1 sling point
-Hard as hell to get things on and off the top tac rail

I wonder what happened to the ORIGINAL Zeus design, or is this a model that hasn't been released yet?
>>
>>5261129
Also I just realized that Apollo doesn't have the priming hook. lol.
>>
>>5239635
Is that a lefty rifle?
>>
>>5260733
This coop kid is a faggot and a spaz and that Tyran edgy kid is even worse.

Are their no good Nerf Reviewers?
>>
>>5261141
That priming hook is in the worst position, makes it much harder to aim
>>
pump action rival blaster when?
>>
>>5262029
When they make a flywheel blaster that doesn't exclusively use 12-round mags only so we can have larger mags.
>>
File: 1365297710594.jpg (77 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1365297710594.jpg
77 KB, 1024x768
>>5234602
Almost perfect for a new Plasma Cutter
>>
>>5262058
I predict the only way we're getting larger capacity is from a hopper-fed model, like all the modders are doing.
>>
>>5262139
I'm thinking Fusion Rifle.

Get with the times, man.
>>
File: 1721416-proton_pack_7.jpg (38 KB, 600x287) Image search: [Google]
1721416-proton_pack_7.jpg
38 KB, 600x287
RIVAL done changed the goddamn game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BSfB9OWdcE
>>
>>5261287
No, you operate the bolt with your shooting hand
>>
>>5264842
That thing is chewing up those balls.
>>
>>5264842
What a wonderful gun.

I hereby dub thee, ">>5264987
's Mother"
>>
>>5264842
Pretty old news (at least to my group), but at least you're spreading the gospel.

The main issue I see with the set up is it straight up destroys the foam you shoot. You can actually see bits of foam flying around when he shoots it. Secondly I don't see getting much use out of it, since that set up is screaming for a ban in any HvZ or war game anywhere.
>>
>>5264842
Coop did it first
https://youtu.be/2XmhHmLeazE
>>
>>5264996
lup geg
>>
>>5265787
Coop's a cunt.
>>
can someone tell me the initial velocity of the stryfe, thanks in advance
>>
>>5266229
Initial velocity: ~66 fps
>>
>>5266236
thanks
>>
>>5266204
why, what'd he do
>>
>>5266275
Not that guy, but I don't like how he shills his ebay account whenever he can.
>>
>>5266275
He killed Bob Ross.
>>
>>5266275
coop used to be goat. but i can't stand his forced "humor" in his recent videos.
though drac has gotten a lot worse lately too. his clickbaiting has reached new levels of ridiculousness with his longshot combos video.

anybody remeber those couple of awkward videos where coop was trying to imitate drac by having this funny looking girl in his videos? that's when everything started to go downhill.
>>
>>5234602
It is now November. Has there been any more specific word on when this is coming out? I really need it so badly. Also, will that stock be removable?
>>
>>5268285
>>5268285
I can only imagine it's removable seeing as the original recon had the same removable stock gimmick and you can clearly see the lock release on it's side. Also, this is part of the Modulus line...the line where the whole gimmick is how modular each blaster is.
>>
>>5259075
>Flipbow
Personally, I don't trust the vertical clip. It should be fixed, but I'm cautious of it. Plus, i think the flipbow looks flimsy and dumb. Personal taste.

The shotgun-looking one (whose name eludes me, because boomco doesn't seem to print the names on the gun) just seems -better-.

And the Needler is a cool prop and silly toy, but mechanically it's a piece of shit. I'm glad I have mine - it's fun to just HAVE - but no one is ever going to use it.
>>
I just bought a Flipfury and one of the darts is super loose. Is there any way I can make the dart fit better? I'm not super into Nerf so I don't want to go out and buy more darts.
>>
>>5266284
Just realized he said Coop, not Drac. Drac is the guy that shills his ebay account. I don't really watch Coop.
>>
>>5268633
I got a flipbow and it works pretty great. The vertical clip is good for a flip-prime, as the weight is evenly distributed, letting you use a larger magazine. With the Breakflip, anything bigger than the stock 8-shot will make it unevenly weighted from one side to the other as you fire.

As a result, the Flipbow comes with a 20 round magazine, and the Breakflip comes with 8.

The only drawback to the Flipbow I see is the small finger guard around the trigger.
>>
>>5269056
My breakflip came with a 20 clip (target), and works fantastically.

We played a ton of nerf tonight, and the breakflip did NOT disappoint.
>>
>>5268178

I like coop but his "nerf stereotype" videos are painful to watch
>>
File: P_20151108_180223.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
P_20151108_180223.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
Rate those guns guys.

Just got them, gonna rek the shit out of my gf.
>>
>>5271845
They're good.
>>
modulus or stryfe?
price doesn't really matter
>>
>>5271977
Do you like extra accessories that don't really improve your blaster in anyway?

If not, get the Stryfe. And if you do...you're probably still better off going with the Stryfe.
>>
>>5272060
what about paintability though?
>>
Who /magstrike/ here?
>>
Looking at a flywheel gun for HvZ (I'll be using a modded AT as a springun)-

Generally is the stryfe or rapidstrike preferable and why?
>>
File: 1443918760449.png (52 KB, 919x737) Image search: [Google]
1443918760449.png
52 KB, 919x737
>>5271845
>grey trigger
>>
>>5272281
Stryfe if you don't like to scavenge rounds (single shot preserves ammo)

Rapidstrike if you have tons of clips and ammo or are willing to scavenge
>>
Rival looks like a lot of fun, but ever since selling off my Vortex stuff I'm wary of adopting lines that use unique ammo.

Do we have any confirmation for new blasters for 2016?
>>
>>5272403
I'm counting on a hopper-fed Rival blaster sometime before 2017. It's a no-brainer if they're going after the paintball crowd, the mods already show it works too.
>>
>>5234553
Is the stock on that thing also an extra gun?
>>
>>5272281
Stryfe hands down. Assuming you are playing at a university like most HvZ games, the lower weight won't tire you out as fast when running and the stryfe can be stored pretty easily when you enter no play zones.
>>
>>5272195
The only advantage the modulus has in that area is that it's larger. The stryfe doesn't have that annoying carry handle to paint around too.
>>
>>5272207
n-nobody? :c
>>
>>5272804
I skipped that entire line.

Think Nerf will ever go back to air-powered?
>>
Holy shit those Nerf Rival foam balls smell terrible.
>>
>>5272925
Are you sure you're not smelling your own balls by mistake?
>>
>>5271977
This is mine here. >>5234553

If you wanna make an giant ass Tacticool Gun that's fun go Modulus.
Otherwise Stryfe easily.
>>
was thinking about painting for the first time, ill be doing it on a stryfe.

should i just go with what coop uses, or does /ng/ have some advice?
>>
>>5273154
But the Stryfe literally has all the same exact attachment points. You can do the same exact set up with a Stryfe, the only difference would be the color and size of the main blaster.

Now I'm saying the Modulus is a bad gun, I plan to grab myself one eventually just because I like how it's bigger then the Stryfe and looks more LMG then PDW when fully loaded up. But in direct comparison...the Stryfe is a better blaster.
>>
>>5274226
Sand the gun! If you dont sand, the paint will have less surface to stick to and will slide off.

Aside from that i got nothing besides dont make it look realistic. Its not worth the potential risk.
>>
>>5274226
S&S MUNITIONS THEME
dont forget to grab some extended mags.
>>
What's everyone's favorite small/pocket blaster?

I managed to find a Triad at Wal-Mart today and absolutely love it.
>>
>>5274503
>Triad
Gonna second that.
>>
File: qGzUt3yl.jpg (116 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
qGzUt3yl.jpg
116 KB, 640x480
>>5274503
Firestrike.

Runner up is the Dart Tag Stinger Jolt. I don't have an official one, but they sell a knock-off at Five Below.
>>
>>5274503
It really depends. Can't definitively decide between my triad and firestrike.

Triad got me back into Nerf after a 6 year hiatus as a 'why not?' purchase. Apparently I find hip firing that thing very intuitive, since I get good accuracy even when I fire as fast as I can. Gonna have to get use to it since it will be my HvZ secondary.

Firestrike was my first real mod that got noticeable results. Nothing too fancy, but it's made me want to start larger projects. If I'm in a traditional Nerf war, it's my secondary of choice purely for the ranges I'm getting out of it. Still have to finish off the barrel to try and get some form of accuracy out of it, since currently any elites I put through it sort of hop up and loop around in the air. But man does it have speed and power. I Gotta get around to that.
>>
>>5274503
I personally really like the Doublestrike. It might not be the most efficient small pocket blaster, but it's comfortable in my hand and I love the one handed prime and the two shot capacity.

I do wish the barrels were just slightly longer though. Too much of the dart tip sticks out when loaded, which causes problems when you pull it from a pocket/holster because the edge of the dart can catch and get damaged or pulled out slightly. The smallest bit of extra barrel could've solved this problem completely.
>>
File: slingfire walmart.jpg (62 KB, 484x345) Image search: [Google]
slingfire walmart.jpg
62 KB, 484x345
>>5272326
They're grey in Brazil too... Also, very expensive. They're not 'just a toy' around here... We have to choose wisely before we make our choice.

Let's say US$1 is worth R$4 today; US$18 would be R$72. We pay an extra R$108 only on taxes!
>>
File: rapidstrike nerf.jpg (86 KB, 487x496) Image search: [Google]
rapidstrike nerf.jpg
86 KB, 487x496
>>5275336 here
And the Slingfire is just a simpler mode, with a spring...

Look the Rapidfire:
United States = US$33,68
Brasil = R$299,00
One dollar today is worth exactly R$3,78, so US$33,68 x 3,78 = R$127,31

It's R$171,69 only in taxes! More than the toy is worth!
>>
File: 1446884295161.jpg (102 KB, 771x900) Image search: [Google]
1446884295161.jpg
102 KB, 771x900
hey guys, im the anon from the other day asking about stryfe paint.

does anyone have a good tutorial on how to do so?
>pic unrelated
>>
>>5275429
Sounds like it'd be cheaper to make your own.
>>
>>5276340
And now you know a reason why there's knockoffs/bootleg toys.
>>
>>5234542
My Battle-Brother
>>
>>5272756
Yes.
>>
File: Zooma Dart X.jpg (63 KB, 635x480) Image search: [Google]
Zooma Dart X.jpg
63 KB, 635x480
So I just bought this for about six bucks at a nearby Wal-Mart. Did I make a mistake?
>>
>>5280529
range?
>>
>>5280529
If you want to use it for anything more than ... Holding, then yes.

That's a drugstore toy, the rubber suction cups barely shoot half the time and are far from compatable with /anything/ else.

I've got one dicking around under by bed for the funs. But it's not anything you could ever take to a game.
>>
>>5280902
Well, I shot a dart down a hallway and it landed maybe 15 ft. away. So, not great. Not sure how else you'd want me to test the range in this case. Here, I searched it on YouTube and found this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PynDs_FOAo
>>
so anyone know about the springs used in the mags?
what are the characteristics and would I be able to replace them with something from the hardware store?
no mags blasters here
>>
>>5281813
Re ask the question in a clear manner and we might be able to help.
>>
So how long has the "Sonic Fire" TRU exclusive stuff been a thing? I was in the store today and saw a Blazefire and was very tempted to pick it up. I decided against it seeing as it's essentially the same thing as a half-working roughcut with a more annoying cocking system. But I just found it oddly comical that they'd release a "Crossbow" blaster without he Crossbow part.

Shame they probably can't do the same with the Crossbolt. I love the overall look of the thing and a springer bullpup blaster would be fantastic, but I'm just not too fond of crossbows nor top slide two handed blasters.
>>
>>5282150
Im pretty sure a Springer bull pup is impossible since the plunger has to be behind the dart. Unless of course you want some raven jolt love child abomination where the prime is under the "stock".
>>
What is everyone's opinions on excluding modified guns at an event, wether its more a classic war event or some campus HvZ?

Also what influences your reasoning? Safety, ease of use, cant be bothered, or what have you.

I ask because my uni doesnt allow any modified guns in its events. Not even paint is ok (due to some idiots getting to realistic but still). Im trying to get a general idea of what people think on either side of the issue since i cant contact the other players because this semester's game is over.
>>
>>5289332
With official events you really can't complain about a safety first policy.

Not all mods are created equal and not everyone knows enough to discern the risk factor between an AR drilled maverick and a singled Titan.

In my campus wars the president of the host club was a hardcore nerf modder and could generally set limits on what was acceptable. So while rebarreled, extra-springed, rubberbanded etc. Blasters were allowed, there were sstrict limitations on singled 4Bs and titans and other high power items.
>>
>>5289349
I guess that's what I'm trying to get at. I think spring upgrades, AR removal, rewiring, motor swaps, and over volting is fine. But rebarreling, singled air guns, and homemades are fair to be excluded (barreling because sharp edges + people running isn't a good combo).

I can't confirm it, but the sense I get here is that the restrictions are in place to keep the game fair for the zombies, which seems ridiculous sense they are heavily favored to win most games. I didn't mention it in the last post, but here there's a rule that you can't use a gun with more than 6 shots until a certain mission is completed, which is the main cause of my suspicions. This is further supported that there apparently was once ruling that clips with capacity of 18 or higher were banned a few years back.
>>
>>5289390
I would still assume it's because the moderators can't tell the difference between a long shot and an actual gun,

But in terms of rules. The whole point of HVZ is to be heavily favored for the zombies. Wouldn't be much fun otherwise.

Sadly. hVZ only ever happened once in my campus and we wernt allowed to use nerf.
It was run by differen people than the wars so marshmallows and socks only.
>>
>>5289453
I understand that the rules already heavily favor the zombies, but adding on extra limitations directly to the humans (rather than special zombies or similar) seems a bit much.
>>
>>5280529
I'm sure you can find that at a dollar store
>>
Jolt: The guitar hero of the dart blaster universe

on a side note, snapfires are nice to holster since the priming handle is rearward and not downward
>>
>>5289841
What even is this comparison?
>>
>>5289902

Not him, but maybe he's saying it's easy to pick up and anyone can have fun with it

But idk about that bc I'm balls at guitar hero
>>
The Boom co. Rapid Madness caught my eye just. Has anyone have any experience with it? I may just pick one up for the holidays.
>>
>>5291014
Idk, maybe he means it has the most reskins/repaints for what is the same blaster.

I know of orange, blue with white, white with blue, sonic lime green, sonic blue, and sonic red. I'm sure I missed a few though.
>>
File: clueelimback-600.jpg (159 KB, 549x407) Image search: [Google]
clueelimback-600.jpg
159 KB, 549x407
>>5291350
That time Hasbro tried to make Clue into an assassination game and made another 4 Jolts.
>>
>>5291463
I had no idea this ever existed. That's amazing and also typical of them to try and make the game types people have come up with in the Internet "official".
>>
>>5261305
Drac
>>
>>5261129
Does it? A friend of mine has the Zeus and it wasn't that hard hitting, and the motor kept dropping revs whenever it shot. So we had to wait like half a second between each shot. I was thinking of picking up the apollo instead because of this.
>>
>>5274385
Or he could just, you know, use primer like someone who isn't a complete dumbass.
>>
>>5292271
Bobololo
>>
>>5292271
He's an edgy trailer trash retard.
Holy shit. they're all cringey.
>>
>>5250141
What.
>>5239635
Its buzzbee so should be easy to mod. Cheap af too (Tediore of foam slingers?)
>>
>>5234553
Hey, question. Will the strike and defend blaster stock fit springers like the Retaliator and new recon or is the attach point only deep enough for the ECS blasters?
>>
File: KleefTFUholocron.jpg (106 KB, 435x688) Image search: [Google]
KleefTFUholocron.jpg
106 KB, 435x688
>>5244854
>2169
>not wearing Eye Pro
>>
>>5295402
You mean the one from the Modulus set with the built in blaster? It'll work on any nerf blaster that can take a stock, all Modulus stuff will. There is literally nothing new or different about the Modulus' gimmick as it's the same one N-Strike has been using for years.

Hell, I'm still kind of bummed the actual Modulus blaster doesn't have a semi/full-auto selector switch to make it at least somewhat unique because as of right now it's just another Stryfe clone.
>>
Any new on the alpha trooper release? Original speculation was that it would be out for black friday, but main retailers near me still have no word of it.

Any luck for the rest of you?
>>
File: Eat.jpg (102 KB, 882x882) Image search: [Google]
Eat.jpg
102 KB, 882x882
>>5297499
Canuckian here. They're at every Wal-mart.
>>
>>5297582
>claims Walmart
>box specifically says kohls

FOR WHAT PURPOSE?
>>
>>5297582
How much are these normally? Was thinking of just getting one off ebay.
>>
>>5297724
Just checked. Looks like around $30 is retail right now.
>>
>>5236960
>Do you prefer flywheel or spring?
I like them both, but in a pinch I would choose spring, I've been screwed by spinup time.

>Clip fed or open turret?
Primary clip fed. Secondary revolver. Tertiary single shot.

>How much ammo is enough to fight but not be bogged down?
I don't think I'd need any more than 3 18s at any given time. If you ever feel bogged down, what you need is a better way of carrying your stuff, not less stuff.

Glory/war no, autism yes.

My school has melee, so I always have one of those. I usually have my primary, a side pouch for clips plus a secondary, and tertiary and a small melee in my pockets along with lose ammo.

I'm pretty aggressive during PvP, but my buddy just stays in one spot and snipes. It bores the shit out of me, so I usually go hunt people. If I'm not playing PvP, I'll just keep moving (ideally alone, but sometimes I have to babysit new players) till something tries to kill me.
>>
Not really a Nerf anon, but what's the consensus on the Alpha Trooper CS-12? I like the design and was thinking of nabbing one during Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales.
>>
>>5297702
Couldn't save the pic off of Wal-mart.ca.
>>
>>5297739
You mean the new CS-6? Alpha Troopers have always been the best stock springers, although the CS-6 comes with the shittiest mags out the AT line. Always liked the compactness of the 18 dart drum.

I don't think anything changed between the CS-12 and CS-6 besides the color scheme.
>>
>>5297746
Meant this thing (http://nerf.wikia.com/wiki/Alpha_Trooper_CS-12). Clip size is a non-issue since I was thinking of grabbing a few 18 dart clips along with a few suction dart packs, but just checking Amazon/Kohls right now apparently the CS-6 is listed as cheaper so I guess I'll roll with that. Thanks anon.
>>
>>5297739
It's out RIGHT NOW at kohl's website for $19. Not sure what the retail is elsewhere but that's still a fine deal. Claims its exclusive, but others have claimed against it. I just got 2 for just over 50 with shipping.
>>
File: nIwRyh6.jpg (449 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
nIwRyh6.jpg
449 KB, 1280x960
Are Rivals any fun? They look cool.
>>
>>5297762
Not that anon, but HOLY SHIT THANKS! I also did some searching and use the promo code "TURKEYTIME" for an additional 15% off. This'll be my first legit nerf gun.
>>
>>5297499
Every Kohl's I've been to has had at least 5.
>>
Just got my kid a Retaliator for his birthday and I've been playing around with it. What makes it so good? We only owned a couple of Strongarms and a Jolt beforehand, but I've played around with a Rampage and it seemed much better that the Retaliator. In particular the priming method seems clunky, and the only advantage I can see it having over the Strongarm is the clip system. The longer barrel actually seems to make it fire less accurately and make the darts fly slower.

Is there something I'm missing?
>>
>>5301723
Forgot to mention, the clips seem to mangle darts compared to the cylinder, and it pisses me off.
>>
>>5301723
You should have got an alpha trooper.
>>
>>5301726
EAT versus AT versus Rampage, pros and cons of each?

None of these are stocked in New Zealand wherever I've looked (which is why kiddo got the Retaliator), so I'll have to buy it from Amazon and get it shipped with a bunch of other stuff I was going to order anyway. Seems like EATs are expensive as fuck on there for some reason too.
>>
>>5301736
Disregard this, just found Elite Alpha Trooper for 34 Kiwi dollarydoos new. Fuck yes
>>
>>5301723
The priming mechanism on it is rather odd, but with some after market parts you can make it a pump prime like an AT. All nerf barrels create a phenomenon called barrel drag where the darts bounce around in there before exiting. Accuracy isn't a big deal since nerf darts aren't super aerodynamic anyways.

To be fair though, the useage of clips is a HUGE boon, since it makes reloading fast and you can hold multiples easily. And in comparison to the rampage, the horizontal mag well can be pretty goofy looking with the larger 18 round clips. Aside from that, rampage is basically better in every other regard.
>>
>>5297853
Zeus has noisy flyheels and Apollo gets the medal for worst cocking handle location ever. You cant put a scope there 'caus the handle is in line with it...
>>
>>5261305
>>5260116
>>5294731
you are such a little queer faggot, just off yourself, you dumb porch monkey
>>
Just dumping some paint jobs by a guy on facebook.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>5297746
>I don't think anything changed between the CS-12 and CS-6 besides the color scheme.
They changed the case mold to say CS-6 instead of CS-12. That's it.
>>
File: 20150811_190138.jpg (3 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
20150811_190138.jpg
3 MB, 4160x2340
>>5303896
Ho
>>5303898
Ly
>>5303901
S
>>5303903
H
>>5303906
I
>>5303908
T
>>
Hammershots at Canadian toysrus: 27.99 Snowdubloons
regular American Hammershot price, according to toyrus.com: $17.99
Price conversion of that, based on current exchange rate: $23.92 CAD

What the fuck
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.