[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DC Superhero Girls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 43
Yay or Nay?
>>
Somewhere in the middle? Bodies are fine, articulation is fine, but the faces have that weird, flat, sticker-like look... especially Supergirl and Wonder Woman.
>>
I'd get ivy and super girl, no doubt
>>
>>5208305
They match MH and the spinoff
>>
>>5208237
Wonder Woman with pants = no buy.
>>
Are these supposed to appeal to DC Fans or MH collectors who happen to be DC Fans?
>>
>>5210062
They're supposed to appeal to a gender neutral children's audience. They aren't going to put hearts and flowers and girly shit on the boxes, and are offering versions that are purely plastic so that boys can buy the action doll without being called a fag for buying barbies. However at the same time boys can buy the doll versions and girls the plastic version because muh neutrality.

I'd buy Jinx if buying dolls at 20 didn't make me look like a massive manchild...
>>
God Harley's image has been damaged beyond repair.
People know her more for the died pigtails at this point.
>>
>>5210114
Are there pics of these 'plastic versions'? Does that mean the hair, or the clothes? Or both?
>>
>>5210138
Solid plastic hair + clothing. There's a pic of Bee and Harley, let me see if I can find it.
>>
Any chance of Starfire?
>>
>>5210141
Here you go.
>>5210143
Yes she's in already, so is Jinx, Blue Beetle, The Flash, etc.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2015/10/01/dc-super-hero-girls-exclusive-sneak-peek/73133572/
>>
>>5210150
Harley's hair looks cuter in plastic IMO.
>>
>>5210150
Also, they're showing off more of the line at nycc

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2015/10/01/the-dc-super-hero-girls-universe-is-live
>>
>>5208237
I'd buy these for a neice or younger cousin, sure.
>>
File: AllFiguresDownload31.jpg (735 KB, 3000x1225) Image search: [Google]
AllFiguresDownload31.jpg
735 KB, 3000x1225
>>5210150
Man, those look great, shame they're not 1/18. I wonder what the folks of IAmElemental will say to a line that overcomes pretty much all the issues their figures had(Unknown entity, nearly identical figures, high-price, bad articulation, etc). These aren't the best though, I'd have liked a waist-joint, but otherwise they look fun.
>>
>>5210194
they look shit and no girl wants generic bland dollar store heroes.
>>
>no mega milk power girl
The fuck? Isn't this going to give girls who grow into having a huge pair of tits an inferiority complex?
>>
File: bodies 1.jpg (75 KB, 533x800) Image search: [Google]
bodies 1.jpg
75 KB, 533x800
>>5210307

Power Girl will be the first in the line to have the "Big Sister" body buck.

...Or Big Barda. Either way.
>>
>>5208237
A cautious Yay.
Will definitely be tempted to pick up a couple of them.
Now, if Mattel does include Hal in the second wave, they can just have all my money. Will need at least 10 of him.
>>
>>5210330
>that underwear
Are they wearing thongs or something?
>>
>>5210194
That's what happens when you lets feminists design toys. (seriously, they both had Gender Studies degrees)
>>
>>5210150
OK so it is true they are doing "action figures" as well. I like the design and don't mind the "they all go to the same school" scenario, so I'll get them. Hope they sell well enough and the line doesn't become dolls heavy
>>
>>5213254
I thought they were okay folks till I read the part about movie Gamora figure was too inappropriate for her son to have or something like that. Eeesh
>>
>>5210348
Forget that, am I the only one that sees a pretty distinct bulge on the one on the right? And a smaller bulge on the left one.
>>
>>5213335
Some people who call themselves feminists spend a lot of time complaining about how fictional characters are too sexy and dress like whores
>>
>>5213347
And I get that to a certain degree, but saying flat chested Gamora poorly sculpted attempt of a cleavage too sexy is ridiculous...

Some people need to pick their battle better.
>>
>>5210348
Just low rise panties, anon. It covers back completely. I think its just so the molded underwear doesn't show from under a bikini.
>>5213339
Its not that they have a bulge, its that the middle body is completely lacking anything. The small one and the big one both have a more or less flat area from roundest part of tummy to crotch, where the middle one is a nearly diagonal line from belly button to ass crack. It makes no sense anatomically and basically means she has no room for a vagina.
>>
>>5208237
What is it with doll companies being completely unable to do hair with bangs?
>>
>>5214345
You mean like flat blunt bangs? They're a pain in the ass to root. Like you have to specifically attach the hair in a certain way to make them look right. I've done it for a custom and its annoying. Side fringe is way easier because they don't really have to do anything extra for it, plus its in style right now.
>>
>>5215365
Yeah, regular forehead covering bangs. Two, maybe three, of the girls in this DC line's promotional art have them and none of the toys do. Even back when I was entertaining having a small run of dolls made, I couldn't find heads with bangs, which was a deal breaker because every character I wanted to do had them.
>>
Looks like they couldn't be bothered to get the costumes accurate
>>
>>Superhero Girls with Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn
>>Superhero Girls
>>with Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn
>>Superhero
>>Poison Ivy
>>Harley Quinn

Didn't really do a whole lot of research on them, did they?
>>
>>5210330

They need to release a shorter Draculara doll
>>
The High School angle is so chronically overplayed it's not funny.

Besides, there's no way they would ALL be the exact same age. The characters also grew up in different parts of the world

It's just so homogenized, cookie cutter cliche. Mattel already has TWO high school doll line out there now. Mattel should really try thinking outide the box
>>
File: 20151010_144143.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20151010_144143.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Saw these today at NYCC.

The dolls and concept are cute but I still don't get why they decided to add Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn.

Did they basically just look at all the DC Bombshells posters and decide make all of them characters.
>>
File: 20151010_144041.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20151010_144041.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>5215899
Also moichendising!
>>
File: 20151010_144115.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20151010_144115.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>5215905
>>
File: 51YAG38SRWL._SL1500_.jpg (55 KB, 353x500) Image search: [Google]
51YAG38SRWL._SL1500_.jpg
55 KB, 353x500
> Superhero High

How generic can they get? Also the concept's been done before.
>>
>>5215899
>The dolls and concept are cute but I still don't get why they decided to add Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn.
Branding. Why would you purposely not add two of your biggest and most recognizable female characters?
>>
>>5215911
>Also the concept's been done before.
You act like Sky High was the first time this had been done.
>>
>>5208237
don't see power girl
>>
So many dolls with awkwardly thick/big legs nowadays...
>>
>>5208237
So what do they look like naked?
>>
>>5215899
>>5215644
To be completely fair, Harley and Ivy have been written as both evil as well as sort of...neutral in the past. Like Ivy's definitely had incarnations that had little criminal aspirations, or her only reason for criminal action was to save flora & fauna. Basically, these two are sort of acceptable to me--they're not out-and-out 100% villains like some other characters in Batman's rogues gallery. They could be repurposed as the "bad girls smoking cigarettes in the bathroom" at the very least.
>>
>>5215935

Theyve got Supergirl.

Theyre both basically the exact same person
>>
>>5215916

It's called "SuperHERO Girls", not "SuperVILLAIN Girls"
>>
>>5215980

Keep your fithy perversions to yourself
>>
>>5216055

I'm pretty sure Harley and Ivy have killed people.

At the very least Harley's been accessory to murder while she was with the Joker
>>
>>5210135
Feel the exact same man. Harley's old design was the best, I don't know why they had to give her this generic slut look.
>>
>>5216070
>Harley's old design was the best

all the advertising and cosplay among gamer girls disagrees with you :^)
>>
I like Harley with dyed pigtails and see it as the right step towards femininity in a mostly male demograph.
>>
>>5215899
>why they decided to add Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn.

Because they are more well known than many of the other actual heroines in DC?

Also I think because they were easier to assign persona girls can relate and admire, based on their design and characteristics.

And I just realized they didn't go with Catwoman, at least for the main line up. She is well known enough, but visually I think they thought it overlaps with Batgirl, and persona wise it was hard to make out a character that is not a cat-burglar? Thief with claws and a whip is not really a good role-model. I guess they could make her all about animal protection like in TAS...
>>
>>5216291
Catwoman is possible for the second wave, since she has a profile in the "Other characters" section. Also in that section: Hawkgirl, Star Sapphire, Hal Jordan and Beast Boy.
All my money for Hal Jordan, Mattel!
>>
>>5216685
>Hawkgirl's bio - white letters yellow background

I want to punch the person who made this site. Cheetah's bio doesn't help either hahaha

Seems like Catwoman is not the sparkles and fairies version of the character, so that is alright with me
>>
>>5216076
That's only because they're too lazy to put in the work to make the proper harley costume.
>>
File: DCSHG Cheetah.png (80 KB, 310x392) Image search: [Google]
DCSHG Cheetah.png
80 KB, 310x392
Frankly speaking I would kill for a decent version of Cheetah in 1/6 scale.
>>
I wonder what those people that criticise dolls like Barbie for their unachivable body proportions think about this kind of dolls. Are they horrified, or just generally happy because they ain't really skinny, wich became the new mainstream taboo.

Seems like every major American company that sells dolls marketed for kids needs to have an animation first nowadays...
They just look like an ordinarily made set of dolls that rely on familar faces/ well known brands to sell new boring toys.
Defnitely not for me.
>>
File: IMGP8541.jpg (183 KB, 662x1000) Image search: [Google]
IMGP8541.jpg
183 KB, 662x1000
I was unsure about getting them but then i saw the display at nycc and now i think i might get a few of them.

I'm gonna post some pics i took
>>
File: IMGP8544.jpg (189 KB, 662x1000) Image search: [Google]
IMGP8544.jpg
189 KB, 662x1000
>>5225325
>>
File: IMGP8548.jpg (229 KB, 662x1000) Image search: [Google]
IMGP8548.jpg
229 KB, 662x1000
>>5225329
>>
File: IMGP8549.jpg (206 KB, 662x1000) Image search: [Google]
IMGP8549.jpg
206 KB, 662x1000
>>5225333
>>
>>5216063
Well, like other anon said, all of these characters have multiple versions, some of which are not evil or murderous -- the version of Harley that brought gifts to that pregnant superheroine or teamed up with Harley to beat up an animal abuser are pretty popular among fans who don't enjoy the canons where she's an insane murderer.
>>
>>5225427
>teamed up with Harley
Ivy, i mean
>>
>>5216291
Why do all the characters have to be good role models? Didn't you learn anything from Frisky Dingo? You need a Misfits to your Jem and the Holograms. An Evil Horde to your Princess of Power. A Murky and Lurky to your Rainbow Brite.
>>
>>5225333
She's adorable. I guess I'll be getting her then. Painted legs and all.
This is the first doll with teeth on show that I've liked.
>>
File: index.jpg (12 KB, 329x153) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
12 KB, 329x153
>>5215658
To be fair Mattel did not invent this idea, at least as far as the DC universe is concerned.
>>
>>5225333
Oh hey, it's Deadpool with breasts for little girls.
>>
>>5225666
Well, it's too early yet to tell if that will be the case with the story line. It seems that it's more like Ever After High where characters get to decide their destinies. So some will become villains and others heroes it's just not set in stone yet for all the teenage characters going to that high school. I'm guessing the curriculum will be split between villain and hero classes like it is in EAH. Maybe they are all at one school to make it easier to train them all to the same level and for pairing off hero to villain. Why do you think a GL is hanging with a SS?
>>
>>5208237
I thought The Wasp was a Marvel character
>>
>>5227007
this is bumblebee you dense fuck
>>
>>5213413
>its that the middle body is completely lacking anything.
Well, the middle one is Frankie, who a girl made from stitched together body parts by her dad. It's possible he left out a vagina for his little girl on purpose so she would get any ideas or so that boys couldn't take advantage of her.
>>
>>5227015
The rumor is Spring 2016, but if Mattel's track record stays true for similar stuff like MH/EAH than these will be out right before Christmas probably.
>>
>>5227009
>bumblebee
HAHAHA how dare I not recognize such a famous character standing shoulder to shoulder with fucking Wonder Woman and Supergirl, surely she deserves as she is equally well known
>>
>>5225427
>Harley that brought gifts to that pregnant superheroine

Black Canary in injustice.

Daily reminder she helped the joker to literally nuke an entire city and coerced Superman into killing his wife and unborn daughter. Also, she's probably guilty of raping a 14 years old boy, Billy Batson.

She may be crazier than a bag of cats, and sometimes she's fun, but all in all and overall, she's a villain.
>>
File: DCSHG Catwoman.png (68 KB, 310x392) Image search: [Google]
DCSHG Catwoman.png
68 KB, 310x392
So anyone else find this one of the cutest versions of Catwoman ever or is it just me?
>>
>>5210150
These look gayer than the dolls.
>>
>>5210194
>>5210198
>they look shit and no girl wants generic bland dollar store heroes.
You know what I find funny is I better more man put in orders for those things than woman because guys could use those to make custom Saint Seiya female characters because Japan really never gets around to them. Why do all feminists want to make everything into foiboi guys or dyke woman that's really kind of sad in a way. Not that there's anything wrong with liking that if you do but variety would be better in imho.
>>
>>5227954
>I better more man
*I bet more men
damn I need more sleep
>>
File: 1444959635828.jpg (28 KB, 758x200) Image search: [Google]
1444959635828.jpg
28 KB, 758x200
>>5208237
>Superheros
>Harley Quinn
>poison Ivy
>>
>>5226997
I'm really hoping it's more along the lines of X-men Evolution, where the villians are bad seeds, rebels, and social outcasts of the school, and the villian adults secretly recruiting for the Injustice League or whatever they are calling the equivalent to the Legion of Doom now.
>>
>>5208237

Who da fuck is the black chick is suppose to be?
>>
>>5225325
>>5225329
>>5225333
>>5225337
Honestly, these look real high quality. Hopefully the final products will match the prototypes. Mattel has a bit spotty record with that; Monster High tends to be pretty much the exact same thing, Ever After High... not so much.
>>
>>5232143
You fucking casual. You are the reason Harley and Ivy are there.
>>
>>5232143

Bumblebee, fairly obscure Teen Titan
>>
>>5208237

When are they hitting stores?
>>
>>5232688

What are they going to name her?

I've been collecting Transformers long enough to know that

A) Hasbro has an iron grip on the Bumblebee Trademark
B) You can't use names across different toylines like that
>>
>>5232729
BB
>>
>>5232657
Pretty sure they're there because of popularity amongst the demographic.
>>
>>5232688
Oh yeah, from that episode with Aqualad's team.
>>
>>5232731
>BB
Wouldn't that be a very confusing nickname for her in this situation because BB is already the nickname for Beast Boy and he is also in this. I think they would just use her full superhero name or call her bee maybe. And anyway this is for little girls who most likely don't watch cartoons about robots that transform into cars and shit I mean what would be the appeal for them to such a show?
>>
>>5232729
DC's Bumblebee
>>
File: DC Barbie.jpg (60 KB, 673x354) Image search: [Google]
DC Barbie.jpg
60 KB, 673x354
So what your opinion /toy/ do you think these are better than the old DC female super dolls that were made before which were just mostly Barbies in cosplay and mostly bad cosplay at most of the time.
>>
>>5236605
They were OK. Most of the costumes were non-removable. They had a unique XL bust torso made just for those four dolls. Batgirl's mask stained her forehead. Supergirl's crest decal will peel off because the top is too tight. I'm certain Black Canary's fishnets stained her legs.
>>
>>5236706
Why did they go though all that trouble of making them and doing such a shit job at it? The somewhat unique body was a good start and then they just fuck up pretty much everything else. Who were these dolls even mean for? I don't think little girls would want them and I don't think mothers would get these for them even if they asked. They just are so bad in so many ways it boggies the mind.
>>
>>5233437
no one has the copyright to the letter B
>>
File: Harley x Billy.png (2 MB, 1988x1528) Image search: [Google]
Harley x Billy.png
2 MB, 1988x1528
>>5227365
>Also, she's probably guilty of raping a 14 years old boy, Billy Batson.
I wish.
>>
>>5215899
Heroes require villains.

And Ivy and Harley are both anti-heroes now as opposed to straight villains.
>>
>>5240280
They are 'Barbie Collector' dolls so they are made for adult collectors to be kept NRFB.
>>
>>5240280
>>5245648
>NRFB
Yeah, every single time I've come across one of the DC Barbies in any kind of secondhand or collectible store she's been unopened. Heck, the local vintage toy place has a trailer that is literally full of boxed Collector Barbie dolls, all from one estate. Back in the days of the seasonal Collectors Club catalog, old ladies could order dolls direct to them without ever having to leave the house, so there's high appeal to the crazy shut ins/hoarders.
>>
>>5245663

When I worked at KB, these people were second worst next to the Hot Wheels guys.

They were almost all the "Murrica" sterotype with a scooter too. Rude as fuck.
>>
File: DCSHG WW Terrible.gif (1 MB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
DCSHG WW Terrible.gif
1 MB, 300x169
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgqowNjeC9I
>Dat Barefoot WW & HQ at 0:41
I hope the Harley doll has bare feet too without the shoes on.
>Star Riders Wonder Woman 1:11
>WWE Hot Pants Wonder Woman 1:15
>Blaxploitation Afro Wonder Woman 1:18
Who do I have to kill to get a WW doll in the third outfit, I need ten of those. XD
>>
>>5247726

If the line doesn't flop, you will probably get every outfit.

At least if similar style lines like Monster High are any indication.

Half the gimmick is the outfits.
>>
>>5247726

>not liking the hot pants version

Tasteless bitches
>>
>>5245917
Did you ever have to deal with somebody losing their shit over "treasure hunt" Barbies? I remember back then they had store exclusive variants just to fuck with people. Temp them to drive all over the county and then blow up at employees because one scalper bought everything.
>>
>>5245917

That was more a Hot Wheels thing. Guys would show up demanding to go through the unopened cases of cars. Half the time we would just tell them we didn't have any even if we did.
>>
>>5247726
this thing... just kind of stops. there isnt really a resolution or anything... i dont know if it is suppose to continue or thats it...
>>
>>5247789
Well, it's been coming out weekly so far, so there will be more episodes. No sure if they will continue this story in the next one or not though.
>>
>>5247776
>>5245917
I had an encounter with one of these when I was a kid.
>early 90s
>had just gone to Disneyworld and was still in Orlando area to see relatives
>after going to church with them my grandpa takes me to a toy store (might be KB) because i beat him at some game the night before
>find a DisneyWorld Barbie and get super hyped about it
>as I'm picking it out this lady has come in the aisle and is searching through the shelves
>sees the same doll and snatches it right out of my hands
>she barges off as I start crying (it was the only one on shelf and I'm like 3)
>grandpa chases her down
>lady starts screaming at him and trying to hit him
>security gets called
>she tells them to arrest my grandpa for assault and theft
>security tells her not only has she not bought the thing yet so it isn't theft, but she is in fact beating an old man with a Barbie box in front of a crying toddler
>i dont know if she actually got arrested but they walked her out of store and an employee gave me the now somewhat dented doll for free
>still have it somewhere
I assume it was a special one, I know there were other Disneyworld dolls that were sold through KB but I don't know if this one was exclusive to the area or what.
>>
File: DCSHG Harley Quinn Fanart.png (157 KB, 485x750) Image search: [Google]
DCSHG Harley Quinn Fanart.png
157 KB, 485x750
Bump for DCSHG episode today with more Harley.
>>
>>5227014
I'm aware, but I have these dolls (which is how I know what they look like from the side and up close) and out of 15+ in that size, they all have the weird flat crotch.
>inb4 why you staring at their crotches
I make clothes for them including panties and pattern drafting involves a lot of measuring.
>>
>>5208237
Holy crap these look like shit.

I wish Mezco would make them instead, Mezco is awesome.
>>
>>5257725
yeah, mezco superman and flash look sooo good. I'm glad batman wasn't a fluke
>>
File: 1446064449337.jpg (657 KB, 1920x3242) Image search: [Google]
1446064449337.jpg
657 KB, 1920x3242
So what looks are you hoping we will get in these dolls? I'm holding out for a Harley in n outfit that looks like pic related in some way.
>>
>>5215955

They're easier to stand up without requiring a stand.
>>
So do we have an ETA yet for when the dolls will be for retail?
>>
>>5261088

Holy crap those suit crinkles are hot.
>>
>>5261088
If they do it will probably be for a SDCC exclusive or something, which Mattel already is known to do for their other doll lines. I have the feeling they'll stick to the teenybopper trendy Disney Channel-esque stuff for the normal release though.
>>
>>5208237
It makes me more excited for the My Hero Academia anime
>>
>>5210054
I disagree. I prefer the pants.
>>
>>5210054
>Wonder Woman with pants = no buy.
>>5268202
>I disagree. I prefer the pants.
You two know this is going to be a fashion doll line like Monster High and Ever After High, right? So you are going to get a ton of different outfits for the characters if the line does well.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzT-zjOVlzY
New cartoon and WW gets pranked by a certain rival we know from the comics while doing her flying test.
>>
>>5268882
Or, more specifically, you are going to get ton of different releases of the characters in different outfits, if the series does well. Fashion packs no longer happen for any other doll line besides Barbie.
>>
Seriously when do you think they are going to release best girl as a doll? I need my cat girl fix, now.
>>
File: DCSHG WW flash.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
DCSHG WW flash.gif
2 MB, 500x281
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE5eoGBOP9k
Well, it really does seem they are serious about this line. Just wondering why it took a toy company this long to make action toys for girls to rival the boy's stuff? I need a WW action shield. ^^
>>
>>5268885

Teenage Cheetah is cute.
>>
>>5268885
that is contrive if i have seen something contrive.
>>
>>5276083
Thank goodness these women took the brave steps to make a cartoon about teenage girls in high school, that celebrates friendships between girls. It's so empowering and has never been done before.
>>
I might pick up Wondy. No interest in the others.

Not sure how I feel about the line conceptually.
>>
File: amethyst.jpg (56 KB, 575x330) Image search: [Google]
amethyst.jpg
56 KB, 575x330
>>5278084
Just remember that we got this over a proper Princess Amethyst cartoon.
>>
>>5278616
princess nobody wasnt profitable, especially the cideo game connection. if it was skyrim or fallout she was making it might have sold better
>>
File: DCSHG SG doll.png (331 KB, 600x1000) Image search: [Google]
DCSHG SG doll.png
331 KB, 600x1000
Posting clearer closeup pics of the first dolls to be released.
>>
File: DCSHG BB doll.png (386 KB, 600x1000) Image search: [Google]
DCSHG BB doll.png
386 KB, 600x1000
>>5282672
Oops here's the rest.
>>
>>5268885
why didn't Wonder Woman just say "something went wrong with my belt in there"?
>>
>>5282672
>Main character on the series.
>Literal first character to appear on the intro.
>Haven't appeared even once.
>Not even as cameo.

Why they hate her so much?
>>
File: DCSHG BG doll.png (299 KB, 600x1000) Image search: [Google]
DCSHG BG doll.png
299 KB, 600x1000
>>5284278
>>
File: DCSHG HQ doll.png (350 KB, 600x1000) Image search: [Google]
DCSHG HQ doll.png
350 KB, 600x1000
>>5284401
>>
File: DCSHG PI doll.png (399 KB, 600x1000) Image search: [Google]
DCSHG PI doll.png
399 KB, 600x1000
>>5284407
>>
File: DCSHG WW doll.png (376 KB, 600x1000) Image search: [Google]
DCSHG WW doll.png
376 KB, 600x1000
>>5284287
Maybe she was too embarrassed or where she comes from complaining is looked down on?
>>
With exception for Harley, they all look pretty good. Besides the much reviled shiny painted legs, her outfit looks cheap & ill-fitting. Here's hoping that the next Harley doll Matty releases will be in her original costume.

Also, what's up with some of the dolls having open palmed hands and others having holding hands? Poor Pamela can never use Harley's hammer to squash a plant eating bug.
>>
>>5284457
>Poor Pamela can never use Harley's hammer to squash a plant eating bug.
You do know if these are like Monster High or Ever After High dolls, you can switch out the hands and lower arms between dolls, right?
>>
>>5284434
It's hardly complaining. Her belt was acting up.
Why didn't she stop flying when she noticed it wasn't working though?
>>
>>5284407
what happened to her smile? It was much more on character before.
>>
>>5284457
I like Harley, she's likely the only one I'll get besides Batgirl. I wish they'd kept the toothier grin she had in the initial prototypes though, but I'll just repaint her. The shiny legs aren't great though, but to me it's like a callback to her old lycra/patent leather.
>>
>>5282672
>>5284278
>>5284401
>>5284407
>>5284416
>>5284434
What happened to the one Asian character, Katana? I hope they don't do a Ghoulia with her and have her mostly available in group packs because that would piss me off. Why do the Asian characters always get the shaft in these doll lines?
>>
>>5287558
I assumed that she would be second wave.
>>
>>5287558
From the looks of it they're doing mostly guaranteed sellers to start off so I'm guessing she'll come along in a later wave. You'll notice the only character in this first wave that doesn't already have a huge fanbase is Bumblebee, who is still at least in the Teen Titans cartoons. Katana is mostly in the adult DC productions and only has a few animated appearances, and at that most of them are the more serious dark versions.
>>
File: tumblr_nvz40wDnkH1qmsys9o1_1280.jpg (220 KB, 833x1000) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvz40wDnkH1qmsys9o1_1280.jpg
220 KB, 833x1000
Anyone hoping for any signature outfits for the characters in this line?
I like this fan art and hope they do at least one purple suit for Catwoman.
>>
>>5208237
they are fun looking
>>
File: I know where this is going.png (314 KB, 522x304) Image search: [Google]
I know where this is going.png
314 KB, 522x304
>>5293801
>they are fun looking
You have no idea how right you are, anon.
BTW, new episode with some lewd.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPl_jHqEUWI
>>
>>5295498
Cat Woman looks like the esurance chick... I have the weirdest boner now..
>>
File: DCSHG HQ tied up.gif (786 KB, 275x155) Image search: [Google]
DCSHG HQ tied up.gif
786 KB, 275x155
>>5295528
Seriously do the people that make these episodes not get how this comes off to older watchers? Are they doing all this stuff on purpose just because they can or is there one sick bastard behind the screens telling them to do this?
>>
>>5296386
Hey it worked for the rainbow equine show, why not this one?
>>
its like im watching winx club. I remember 2003..
>>
>>5215911
That movie is awesome. Why does no one talk about it?
>>
>>5296988
the setup is good, the climax is lackluster
>>
File: DCSHG Anon Ice girl.png (394 KB, 800x423) Image search: [Google]
DCSHG Anon Ice girl.png
394 KB, 800x423
So all the backgrounders are actual characters right? So I wonder if we can petition Mattel to make some sooner Like pic related. BTW, who does everyone think this girl is?
>>
>>5301087
Killer Frost?
>>
>>5301087
>>5301190
Scratch that, it could be Ice.
>>
File: DCSHG SG pic.jpg (60 KB, 835x956) Image search: [Google]
DCSHG SG pic.jpg
60 KB, 835x956
Wow I wonder how long it will be before we actually see Supergirl in an episode?
>>
When are these going to hit stores?
>>
File: 1424377983925.png (218 KB, 2250x2250) Image search: [Google]
1424377983925.png
218 KB, 2250x2250
>>5216058
>Theyre both basically the exact same person
>>
>>5296386
>how this comes off to older watchers
You aren't in the least familiar with the history of Wonder Woman, are you
>>
>>5225026
>>5295498
Talking about Cheetah, what's her problem with wondy? I mean, I know about her comics, and the whole savage untamed side of hers in sharp contrast to wondy's motherly attitude, and yadda, yadda.

But so far in this series, apparently heroes and villains can coexist without a problem, even explicit nemesis like star sapphire and green lantern.

Only cheetah have proven to have a real deep problem with wondy, and apparently, is fairly specific to her.
>>
File: 1425027681463.jpg (297 KB, 747x1134) Image search: [Google]
1425027681463.jpg
297 KB, 747x1134
You know since it seems that DCSHG is one of the other worlds in Nu52. It would be interesting to see so reference to this like in a contest for who represents a certain character best.
>Pic not necessarily related
>>
Bump for where's my retail date Mattel?
>>
File: cole.jpg (62 KB, 494x599) Image search: [Google]
cole.jpg
62 KB, 494x599
Bump with funny pic.
I guess Marvel/Disney hasn't caught on yet, it should have some girl friendly superhero toys like DC/Mattel yet.
>>
>>5311345
How nice. Her parents are teaching her to be a grumpy feminist nice and early.
>>
So /toy/ if we get school/room sets who's room do you want first?
I think I want Harley's first seems most fun.
>>
>>5311345
I'm more insulted by the fact that someone thinks that alarm clocks are fun gifts.
>>
>>5311345
Christ what boy wants a fucking clock.
>>
File: DCSHG_Wonder_Woman.png (153 KB, 460x320) Image search: [Google]
DCSHG_Wonder_Woman.png
153 KB, 460x320
>>5306279
It's possible that she sees WW muscling into her power circle because it seems Cheetah wants/was the leadership role and is also competitive. So they naturally bump heads probably be more evidence in the tie-in novels and comic books.
>>
Why doesn't DC make good toys anymore?
Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.