[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GLYOS AND FRIENDS GENERAL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47
File: Glyos April 4 2015.jpg (364 KB, 500x1848) Image search: [Google]
Glyos April 4 2015.jpg
364 KB, 500x1848
Previous thread: >>4797510

Read the guide before asking questions:
>https://sites.google.com/site/glyosandfriendsguide/

If you're a beginner, give the guide a read or ask some questions, someone should help.
Old news is greentext and don't post as any line without news.

>Onell Design
People have been getting their shipping notices and it looks like a future line will feature a return to RXH.

>RawShark Studios Callgrim
Jesse is heading to C2E2

>Banimon
Tanks had a successful drop and lore is up

>Four Horsemen (Glyos compatible lines only)
>Shipping Price went up, shipping arriving.

>SpymonkeyCreations Weaponeers of Monkaa
>Preview for upcoming wave, no news of when it'll drop.

>Nistuff Outlander
There was another wave of customs, check to see what's left

>Toyfinity
>Club Zeton filled

>The Godbeast Kabuto Mushi
C2E2 Mushi confirmed, Boba Fett, Skeletor, and Hordak. Unpainted ones will also be for sale, any left over will go to the store

>Mystical Warriors of the Ring
Goliath in black is next for the ring, 5" Takeshi Sumo has been popping up everywhere

>Rise of the Beasts
Four new figures and one new head

>Octobertoys
Check your emails

>Toy Pizza
Tooling phase is done, preorders ship out Sept. 2015. Mecha Zone Pizzanaut also up for preorder.
>>
File: image.jpg (258 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
258 KB, 640x640
>>
>the return of expensive hipster garbage vinyls

I haven't had something to complain about with Glyos for years, but here we are. Oh well, I'll just hope for some new fun building toys eventually after he satisfies the garbage part of the market.
>>
>>4824762
Sick
>>
>>4824792
>I haven't had something to complain about with Glyos for years, but here we are. Oh well, I'll just hope for some new fun building toys eventually after he satisfies the garbage part of the market.

Yeah, this Real X Head stuff seems kind of lame.

>>4824762

This looks badass, why can't cool stuff like this be a normal release? Godbeast is kind of starting to annoy me lately with all his homage and exclusive shit.
>>
He is starting to annoy you with shit that is easy enough to get if you asked for help? Oh the entitlement issues glyos fans have
>>
>>4824844

Isn't it more entitled to ask complete strangers to give up their time at a convention to send you dumb shit?
>>
If they will already be at the Convention and heading to that booth what time are they giving up?
>>
>>4824762
Wannnnttttt
>>
File: hornetroidloose.jpg (75 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
hornetroidloose.jpg
75 KB, 500x350
>>4824841
>This looks badass
>annoy me lately with all his homages
>>
>>4824841
>Godbeast is kind of starting to annoy me lately with all his homage and exclusive shit.

GET THOSE MULES REVVED YOU FAGGOT.
>>
>>4825072
>How dare they try to sell something unique at a special event!
>Don't they know my autism forces me to purchase doubles of everything they ever make?
>It doesn't matter if I like it, I have to have it just because they produced it!

I want to start making exclusive glyos figures to sell at cons just so I can make spergs like you have a heart attack.
>>
Haven't seen anyone else mention it here yet, so let it be known: Matt will be releasing a second run of bronze axis joints at the end of the month or so. So hold on to whatever bronze you got in the drop, more building opportunities are coming soon.
>>
>>4825618
Axis joints come and go all the time, but re-releasing figures is a never.
>>
>>4825629
Hades mkiii says otherwise.
>>
>>4825704
Well, we were promised a rerelease, but we still have yet to see it and it's been quite a while, so the jury's still out until that drops. Part of me wonders if Matt won't just make a few changes and release it as a Mk.IV--Hades is a pretty important dude story-wise, so it makes sense he'd keep getting further iterations.
>>
>>4824444
I have always wondered what those characters in the picture for general mean?

On a side note, I know some of you dislike this, but hey, I am active on multiple boards and gotta say, nice quads.
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (141 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
141 KB, 1024x768
I want to make some toys based on these guys
>>
>>4825711

Hades MKIII Rerelease will be a crossover exclusive at Godbeast's local elementary school where he sells Kabuto Mushis. If you don't have children there's still plenty of time to have a baby and enroll it.

#revupthosemules
>>
>>4826145
It's Japanese. Katakana to be specific, which is used to phonetically sound out foreign words. The four characters (yeah, I don't know why they squeezed two into the third bubble) sound out "Gu Ri O Su." Meaning the name of the line would actually pronounced like "Glee-ohs." But I think it's probably just poor grasp of the language, I'm pretty sure I've heard Matt pronounce it "G-lie-ohs" before.

OP didn't make that btw, it's from one of Ralph's old Glyos comics.
>>
>>4826201
Matt is a fan of 1980s Japanese media and Engrish so that misspelling is probably intentional, much like the CONGRATULATION at the end of the older Passcode games
>>
File: sdglyosfrontpheyden.jpg (161 KB, 960x660) Image search: [Google]
sdglyosfrontpheyden.jpg
161 KB, 960x660
>>4826201
There's a second way to type out Glyos in Japanese, which goes "Gu Ra I O Zu"

The one in OP's pic, "Gu Ri O Su" is closer to the "Glee-ohs" pronunciation while "Gu Ra I O Zu" is closer to the "G-lie-ohs" pronunciation.

We're no closer to pronunciation either of them right.
>>
>>4824762
Is this something that's going to be up for sale at some point? Or is it custom config?>>4824762
>>4824762
>>
>>4826198
nah, that's ok. I have plenty of Glyoses anyway.
It's not like we're insufferable obsessive complusive addicto austistic neurotic toy collectors....right?
>>
>>4826579
It's a special C2E2 at not TGB's booth
>>
>>4826617
We aren't people on OTF
>>
>>4826632
what the fuck is otf
>>
>>4826418
Yeah, I know. That's why I said it was probably poor grasp of the language--if they were trying for a G-lie-ohs pronunciation, it should have been clear to go for the "ra i" rather than the "ri."

Anyway though, Buzzclaw is probably right--it's likely intentional.

>>4826635
OctoberToys Forum. It's the official Glyos forum, and it's where most of the fans gather and talk and trade and stuff. OctoberToys themselves also collaborate with Matt from time to time.
>>
>>4826579
At C2E2 in the Nerd City booth. TGB is selling them. That is a fact straight from TGB.
>>
>>4826579
from what i read, its from his son.

and thats the only one.
>>
File: 20150406_190507.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
20150406_190507.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
Got my order from the recent Onell drop, first time actually messing with the onell glyos. Only had outlanders and Mushis prior to this order.
I really love the Force Defender and the Skeledens are really fun to mess with.
>>
http://www.481universe.com/?p=8003
There's going to be a Nistuff drop on the 11th.
It'll have clear parts.
>>
>>4828909
Weapons???
>>
File: m-c-sale-15.jpg (281 KB, 448x676) Image search: [Google]
m-c-sale-15.jpg
281 KB, 448x676
>>4828963
This classy arm blade that ends in a port, not a plug is one.
>>
File: nycc-customs-oc.jpg (664 KB, 986x986) Image search: [Google]
nycc-customs-oc.jpg
664 KB, 986x986
>>4829002
Confident this helmet is something too.
>>
>>4829007
Hard dick
>>
>>4829007
Isn't this just the same helmet he released previously in limited resin-cast runs? Maybe this means it's finally hitting production PVC? Or maybe it's just a leftover that he used for that custom.

Also, I'm not really into Outlanders, but I do really appreciate that Ni does little "accessory packs" with new heads and parts. It's what I've always wanted out of Glyos, and I'm thrilled someone in the "family" is doing it.
>>
>>4829189
The helmet is from a limited cast run from his custom collection, but it's one of the few normal pieces. I honestly believe it'll be one of the new bits added.
>>
One of my friends advised me against storing spare parts for glyos in a certain kind of plastic bag (that he conveniently can't remember). Is there any truth to this or is he just fucking with me?
>>
>>4829224
http://www.onepercase.net/2012/04/psa-how-to-store-action-figures-like.html
http://www.collector-actionfigures.com/dash/blog/tips-on-storing-your-figures-from-go-figure/
http://www.poeghostal.com/2012/11/are-zipper-storage-bags-destroying-your-toys.html

It really should be on a /toy/ sticky. PS, sometimes Matt ships extra in small baggies like these. Cause he's a bro.
>>
>>4829234
Thank you much. Guess I wasn't finding anything because I was specifically researching glyos.
>>
File: P1010149.jpg (461 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
P1010149.jpg
461 KB, 1600x1200
>>4829224
>>4829236
Just move your stuff to a transparent tacklebox-style setup. It's safe, it's convenient, and it will be a great asset for you as your collection grows (you can dig through it to find parts).
>>
>>4829260
I have one of these for extra parts for my other figures. Good idea for glyos. What's that translucent guy in the middle row? Doesn't ring any bells, but I like it.
>>
File: P2173379.jpg (127 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
P2173379.jpg
127 KB, 640x480
>>4829278
The main spoon body from a Beantown beanbot Spoon Racer.

A formerly supported line featuring Beanbots, the source of the Phaseon, and Glyos wheels.
>>
March Drop Freebies. Copper Crayboth, Clear Orange Crayboth and a "new" Metallic Red Crayboth. I suppose the red is from an upcoming drop, according to the speculation that I'd read.
>>
>>4829341
>March Drop Freebies. Copper Crayboth, Clear Orange Crayboth and a "new" Metallic Red Crayboth
Got any pics? Also, I'm supposing then that it doesn't match the metallic red from last year?
>>
>>4829365
Sounds like baseless rumors again.
>>
>>4829341
could just be a leftover crayboth from the metallic red drop, I got a black unpainted buildman and some black axis joints in one of my orders that probably was leftover from the old buildstation stock.
>>
File: P1010111.jpg (390 KB, 1984x1488) Image search: [Google]
P1010111.jpg
390 KB, 1984x1488
>>4829293
I remember getting a couple of bean bots and spoon racers as freebies before the bean bots were repurposed as phaseons, I even have a Pheyden Bean, pic is an old build I made when there weren't as many kinds of parts lol.
>>
>>4829409
I got a bronze craybaby
>>
Someone posted the red Crayboth on Twitter and the color looks Crimson to me.
>>
Someone also mentioned they got a Redlaw Cray as well but it could just be an unpainted version of that clear purple one from a few drops back.
>>
File: 2015-04-07 08.48.03.jpg (1 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
2015-04-07 08.48.03.jpg
1 MB, 2448x2448
My stuff came last night!

Matt & Co. are too very nice.
>>
>>4830522

I wish I got another Argen... he's the only thing I bought one of.

I never owned a buildman before but he comes with so many great parts.
>>
File: CB9nR-TUMAAX8uw.jpg (39 KB, 599x337) Image search: [Google]
CB9nR-TUMAAX8uw.jpg
39 KB, 599x337
>>4829341
>>4829548
>>4829909
Looks like a Maroon Crayboth. If only the person bought a Skeleden or Reverse Skeleden for comparison.
>>
Look at what TJ "my grandma is dying, pay me to play with toys" got.
>>
>>4830597
oh when did this drop? I would've liked to have had a clear pink Skele-Glyos
>>
>>4830605
It was a freebie
>>
>>4830597
Let the tears of the entitled autists come flowing. Maybe one of them will kill themselves because of trauma of seeing something they can't have.
>>
>>4830611
that's one nice freebie... I wish I got one.
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 184x167) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 184x167
>>4830597
He mad. He jelly. He mad.
>>
>>4830597
>>4830617
>>4830632
No worries, Matt doesn't run new colors strictly for freebies. A Mordireus Skeleden is surely in the cards for the future. And boy, I can't wait. I hope there's more shit in Mordierus too, I can't get enough of that color.
>>
>>4830658
Yep - almost every "never seen before" freebie has been some kind of final-run test shot, meaning it will show up in a near-future drop.
>>
>>4830597
I'm kinda reminded of when Jin Saotome got a Gobon in 2009 before its general release.

He leaks prerelease pieces to the media, which is a smart move regardless of whether or not we like those guys.
>>
>>4830559
I kind of kicked myself when I got him for only ordering one. Next drop I think I'll definitely order two.
>>
File: tumblr_nmgaml5TU71qmio30o1_540.jpg (65 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nmgaml5TU71qmio30o1_540.jpg
65 KB, 540x540
Official not custom pics of the arm blade.
>>
>>4830766

Hell yeah! That's what I'm taking about. Glyos so needs more weapons!!!
>>
>>4830818
Non spymonkey melee weapons make my coochie drool
>>
>>4830597
I'm jelly most definitely so succulent
>>
I got my package of bronze goodies today. There was a bronze crayboth and a bronze Neo Granthan included as extras. Ultra Bronze is a pretty nice colorway, it could have become my new favorite metallic colorway, except there's a pretty bad looking squiggly spot on my Gobon's back which ruins the otherwise smooth look, at least he looks nice from the front. However the same thing happened with the Pheyden head that came with my Skeleden and makes it kind of look like exposed brains texture which is actually kind of cool, so I guess in the end the swirling can make some figs look better/more interesting and others worse.
>>
>>4831633
Like a solid bronze Neo Granthan? Can we see?
>>
>>4831640
Its not solid bronze, just the bronze and dark teal that still in the store.
>>
>>4831675
Oooh, gotcha. Still cool. I'm just still holding out hope for a nice unpainted granthan at some point.
>>
Personally im not a fan of the whole feeebie thing. Dont give someone a crayboth and a scarf who spent a significant amount of money time and again yet give someone else who may be a casual buyer or spent twenty dollars a figure from the next drop or something that was never released. Its too inconsistent and random. All it does is upset people. Just give people what they bought or give everyone the same freebie.
>>
File: OMFG-GANG-WEB.png (516 KB, 800x418) Image search: [Google]
OMFG-GANG-WEB.png
516 KB, 800x418
>>4831633
>However the same thing happened with the Pheyden head that came with my Skeleden and makes it kind of look like exposed brains texture
I have several metallic swirl Pheyden heads like this, it's a cool look. I also think it's cool cause in the swirl, you can see how the plastic poured and layered over itself into the mold. I don't know why this is prone to happening more on certain pieces than others, though. At first I thought it was the size of the piece, or surface area, but I rarely see extensive swirling on chests. It's mostly toecaps and head domes on Travelers, for some reason.

>>4831688
TBH, I'd go nuts for unpainted versions of a lot of things. One of my absolute favorite figures is the Pheyden blue Armorvor--there's just something so cool about the blankness of it.
>>
>>4831732
People have been getting freebies according to how much I paid. I remember someone getting like a rig block and two conversion sets after spending like a ton on everything else.
>>
>>4831732
You're thinking about this all wrong, and ironically, your stance and attitude tells me that you're a part of the very problem you claim to be against. You say people get "upset," but ain't nobody getting mad about this supposed inequality but you.

Freebies are freebies. They're something Matt throws in for fun, because he's a generous guy and it's always cool to see what surprises might pop up in your order. When you start thinking about them as something you DESERVE based on how much you spent, you're fucking spitting in the face of his generosity. Plus, what do you think, Matt's going to put every box in order of how much they spent and carefully mete out freebies based on that? "Okay, he spent $15, which puts him into tier 2...one free scarf." Fuck that, he just throws shit in at random along with whatever dedicated extra he might have cooked up for the drop. Though I DO know he does a little extra for international customers to make up for the high shipping. Something which again, he has no obligation to do, he only does it cause he's a good guy.

tl;dr: stop being so fucking selfish and entitled. This is just a fun little thing Matt does and you're turning it into something very ugly.
>>
Im not mad or upset about free toys. Im a grown man.i was just stating my opinion. The only thing i "DESERVE" is what i bought. I never stated i was against freebies just not a fan of the way its done. Moving forward i will take your kind words of wisdom and advice to the utmost importance. Obviously your a true gentleman and scholar.
>>
>>4831883
You are against freebies then dipshit. Although something tells me on the day you order 2 figs and get double your order for free then you suddenly will be a big fan fan of how it works. Fucking moron.
>>
File: Stryker-Lock-Arrival-USE-2.png (554 KB, 800x522) Image search: [Google]
Stryker-Lock-Arrival-USE-2.png
554 KB, 800x522
I'm pretty hype for these little guys. I love the RxH design aesthetic, and in a pocket size to boot.

I'm just hoping they're not $30+ each.
>>
>>4831749
This hits every nail on the head in regards to freebies. Screencapped for future use. Everything that needed to be said, was.
Thank you anon for knowing what to say and how to say it.
>>
Thank you for telling me my current and future stance and or opinion on freebies. I see from your keen choice of words and wisdom in your posts your clearly a real stand up person far superior to the common dipshit or fucking moron like myself. The glyos community is obviously truly lucky to have someone like yourself.
>>
>>4832256
You got called out for being whiny and self-entitled. Keep your butthurt to yourself.
>>
Is George sending our shipping notices for the Skeleton Warriors stuff, or is it just showing up unannounced?
>>
>>4832198
Are they going to be sold in the onell store?
>>
>>4832198
I wish they were even more RxH, like the helmet was cracked open and there was half of a gooey mutant face. These look Halo-y, sort of vanilla
>>
>>4832256
look at this passive aggressive little bitch.
no pls, by all means, continue being salty about people getting free things.

"I'm not against freebies!, I just don't like it when I don't get them!!"
>>
Are the RxH one solid piece of vinyl?
>>
>>4832297
No, even the smallest are two pieces. The new figures seem to be at 7 pieces based on articulation.
>>
>>4832287
Yes, these are Stryker Lock that Matt's been recently talking about. They'll be in an upcoming drop, hopefully soon.
>>
>>4832289
They look a lot like RxH's recent trooper designs.
>>
>>4832297
No. Multi-piece vinyl figures, these look to be similar in parts count to an Armodoc. RxH are hand-cast, Japanese sofubi, not factory made Chinese vinyl like Onell.
>>
>>4832198
>I'm just hoping they're not $30+ each.

Count on it.

I'm not hype at all for these. Don't like their look and I know I won't like the price. When I wanted 'new Onell vinyl' I must have been wishing with a monkey's paw.
>>
>>4832317
>>4832359
>>4832804
According to RxH twitter, 11 parts, 10 pt articulation, 10 cm, and they were selling them for 3500 yen, so right about $30.
>>
>>4832889
That's more like $35.
Plus importing them I'll bet they'll cost at least $40 a pop.
>>
>>4833158
>That's more like $35.
3500 yen = $29.13 as of right now.
>>
>>4833158
Learn 2 yen
>>
The only way I'll be really pumped for these is if there is corresponding onell vinyl with black wash detail lines for crazy building and mashups.
>>
The new Outlander Accessory pack contains a shitloads of heads, a new helmet, a little gun hand, and the sword how earlier ITT
>>
>>4833403
We're getting the Xennus Helmet, Celebros-Cytoid head, Yough head, Momori Head with a second face, Micro Astro Head, and one more head I don't recognize with a second face. The weapons are an arm blaster similar to the Glyan gunbarrel with a phase arm tip, and a arm blade with a port instead of a plug.
>>
>>4833426
Precum
>>
Good maybe that will move his 500 releases that have not sold. Or at least give him more parts to make his two a month custom drops
>>
>>4833641
Yeah, I love Ni's stuff and I know he kind of wants to do his own thing, but without the following or building pieces of onell, I don't think it's going to happen. Seems like a few matching colorways with Matt would be the move right now.
>>
>>4833725
Which is the ultimate irony because with 3 releases (1 figure and 2 accessory packs) Ni has nearly matched the unique looking output and build potential of Onell with 1/10th of the molds. I don't buy Outlanders often but when I do I buy like 16 of them and a bunch of packs. The only Onell fig that really matches the potential of the Outlander is the Buildman.
>>
>>4834125
>16
Autismo alert
>>
I'd be more excited about the accessory packs if they weren't clear.

Like, even if they were a translucent, unpainted color, I'd be down.

But if all that's showing up tomorrow is clear, I guess I'm gonna wait for the next drop.
>>
Hmmm. New heads are always exciting, but the only one I like here is the Yough head. Sword is kinda cool, but puny blaster is ridiculous looking. Dunno if I can bring myself to put down $8+shipping just for the Yough head and sword.
>>
Christ, I guess I haven't built seriously with Glyos in a while! It's been only an hour and my fingers are hurting quite a bit. It's nothing like the pain of the old PVC mix, but still...ow. Picking out and pushing in switch pins over and over really worked me over.
>>
>>4834125
Yes the Outlander is so superior in building, because the Outlander has holes in the feet and back. Not to mention, Onell copies and mimics Ni's genius all the time. Did you know that Ni used a time machine to go back and create the whole Glyoverse. It's great when the Outlander himself speaks here.
>>
File: 1425946525482.jpg (27 KB, 214x320) Image search: [Google]
1425946525482.jpg
27 KB, 214x320
>>4834548
>>
File: WP_20150409_001.jpg (364 KB, 916x1632) Image search: [Google]
WP_20150409_001.jpg
364 KB, 916x1632
Mr.Bones arrived today.
He's got a nice range of motion and the glyos compatibility is just frosting on the cake.
>>
Are you ready to get pizza'd?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP6MId7Np8o
>>
>>4835517
I won't lie, those look a lot better than expected

Still not my style of toy, though
>>
>>4835527
Not my style either, the faces look weird/ugly. They should just sell the normal ones, they're the best example of a figure with glyos compatibility.
>>
>>4835527
>>4835539
>>4835517

Basically everything good about this Pizza guy project is by David White/Mecha Zone.

What a shitty concept.
>>
>>4835634
>David White/Mecha Zone.
Speaking of which, there's going to a collaboration between him and Toyfinity.

No details are known yet but he drew a kickass concept for a snake RF
>>
>>4835517
I like this more than the kickstarter figures.
>>
>>4835703

I hope they are Robo Force kits in the colors of his 3d printed robots.

I really have no interest in fragile 3d printed parts for my Glyos figures.
>>
Man I don't mind that the freebies are random and I don't care if I don't get any... but I only got a Crayboth and some people who ordered way less than me got like $35 worth of stuff. I wonder if there's any method to Matt's madness or if he just sits on his couch and tosses baggies of figures into random boxes.
>>
>>4836236
>like $35 worth of stuff.

Those are most often international customers who paid like 20 dollars or more extra for shipping.

The only time freebies make me jealous is when it's an unreleased piece. But there's apparently a method to that too as he has sent those before to toy 'media' members with followings. Like 'press leaks.'
>>
File: WP_20150409_008.jpg (338 KB, 1632x916) Image search: [Google]
WP_20150409_008.jpg
338 KB, 1632x916
>>
BTW, if Toyfinity brought back Rock Bugs and Things in full, how'd you want them to do it? Personally, I'd want Matt to sculpt 'em for Vinyl, as they seem like they'd be better suited for such with their bulky figure-swallowing nature.
>>
>>4836465
I'd have someone else do the sculpting for them. Maybe TGB or Uamou, hell, if it was a fantasy project, Marmit
>>
File: skydevilerphantomparasiticfront.jpg (385 KB, 700x524) Image search: [Google]
skydevilerphantomparasiticfront.jpg
385 KB, 700x524
>>4836473
For those who don't know what Marmit is, it's the company who made Sky Deviler and then was filled with Crayboth.
>>
>>4836480
It's not hard to make a hollow vinyl toy that fits small figures.
>>
So, I just got into Glyos, what the heck is muling?
>>
>>4836300
THE DEVIL'S IN THE FIDDLE AND THINGS ARE NOT OK
>>
>>4836595
Muling isn't a Glyos-exclusive term, it just means you get someone to go get something for you, "like a pack mule." So if a toy was only being released at SDCC, you might see people who aren't going asking if anyone is willing to mule.
>>
Basically ask someone to pick you up a con/event exclusive item. TGB is usually the only one needing it since all the other glyos companies are shut ins most of the year (Spy Monkey Monkey has exclusives too)
>>
>>4836668
>>4836595
and muling exists in glyos because matt was forced to insure all his packages, and doing that outside of the united states results in astronomical shipping. Someone from the US usually buys stuff and then sends it to canada or europe for someone.
>>
Ni's next release is Clear Accessory pack 2, Smoke Accessory pack 1, and Smoke Outlanders
>>
So Ni is selling Smokelanders tomorrow? Does this mean the promotional sticker figure is going to change soon?
>>
>>4837371
He says now promo figure will be a random stock figure.
>>
>>4837432
Fuckin blows
>>
>>4837432
I'm conflicted about this.

On the one hand, a secret surprise figure was a fucking neat idea, and I'm sad that there might not be another one to look forward to, now.

On the other hand, a free figure is still a free figure, and I already have a Smokelander. There've been plenty of Outlanders I missed, some that I wanted but not enough to drop the cash on, and some that I wouldn't mind a couple more of.
>>
>>4838274
I mean, dude's sitting on a fat stock of old 'landers so it's really his best option financially.
Plus, that still adds a bit of a surprise element to the free figure.
Absolute worst case scenario, you have trading fodder.
Absolute best case scenario, you get a figure you never thought you would like and end up falling in love with the colorway which has happened to me more than once.
>>
>>4836865
>because matt was forced to insure all his packages
And to further add to this, he was forced because he was getting so many claims of lost or stolen packages when he shipped internationally without tracking. So international guys, that's why you have to pay a ton for shipping. Either packages were legitimately getting lost by the dozen, or sketchy people were claiming losses knowing that Matt had no way to prove it and would send them a new order.

On the bright side though, muling actually does work quite well. I muled for some international anon for a while and shipping was still quite a bit cheaper than it would be through Onell. Of course, I shipped to them with no insurance or tracking though, so you need to make sure both parties are trustworthy and hope nothing fucks up with the mail service.
>>
SpyMonkey's next release plan is new versions of The Weaponeer (DC Warlord) and Eternal Barbarian (He-Man)
>>
>>4838718

Why is everywhere that isn't North America and Japan so shit with mail?
>>
Niistuff is like the Jin Satome of the Glyos community...

I have no idea why everyone unanimously praises his customs and releases as super awesome.
>>
>>4839627
Outlander is as good a figure as any in the glyos compatible releases and the accessory packs are by far the best method of making more unique characters and figures on the cheap, in fact I wish Onell would do the same.
>>
>>4839627
The dude is humble and has a passion, the fact that he could work along side Matt with his own figure is amazing and I hope the best for him.
>>
>>4839627
Not even close. Ni is a good guy. I'm actually not a big fan of the Outlander, but it's cool that he got it made. His customs are actually well made, and while I don't always like the weird creations he comes up with, it is impressive how many different ways he finds to use Glyos parts and the sheer volume he makes for each customs drop. He's a pretty nice guy to talk to too.

Oh yeah, and I am legitimately a huge fan of his stable of awesome headsculpts. That's what first drew me to his site, his resin head casts. I'm glad to see them finally hitting production PVC after all these years.
>>
>>4839627
>I have no idea why everyone unanimously praises his customs and releases as super awesome.

Popular things aren't always good
>>
>>4839794
Ni is good at painting. When it comes to builds he fluctuates wildly.
>>
File: strider-tall-small.jpg (158 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
strider-tall-small.jpg
158 KB, 600x300
>>4839839
Pic related
>>
And the Banimon xDoomkick slimy dudes are coming next weekend.
>>
>>4839776
>Oh yeah, and I am legitimately a huge fan of his stable of awesome headsculpts. That's what first drew me to his site, his resin head casts. I'm glad to see them finally hitting production PVC after all these years.
Absolutely. Went ahead and picked up two of clear new accessory packs and I can't wait to see them in different colors. Here's hoping Ni does some Ankram stuff.

And Ni /is/ super nice to talk to and really seems to enjoy this whole business. Cool guy. 10/10.
>>
>>4839843
I'm always really surprised when straight Outlander repaints hang out in his customs section for long periods of time.
>>
>>4840016
Dyed Landers were silver that weren't moving, some of the repaints are more like "panel lined and extra paint" and could be made for cheaper and with more parts left over by not getting paint, but the Saiyans, the Quian, and Xerennus, are really nice.
>>
>>4839839
Some are amazing, others just look like he's trying to get rid of extra parts.
>>
>>4837432

well if you had in stock 15-20 production runs what would you do?

He is the OMFG of the Glyos world, tons of choices and product that does not sell
>>
Yo guys, Got my skeleton guy, and its pretty damn boss.

So of course now i gotta get a bunch more to make skeletal abominations with.

anyone know when theyre going on sale for real?
>>
File: granite gladiator.jpg (29 KB, 360x540) Image search: [Google]
granite gladiator.jpg
29 KB, 360x540
SMC is aiming for a release this friday. The line-up seems to be:
-Palidar (pic related)
-The Weaponeer mk.2
-Eternal Barbarian mk.2
-Gray gohlem with minimal white paint apps
-Gray gohlem with minimal black paint apps
>>
File: Stryker-Lock-Duo-CLOSE.png (1 MB, 928x827) Image search: [Google]
Stryker-Lock-Duo-CLOSE.png
1 MB, 928x827
Stryker Mohawk -White Soft Vinyl w/ Black paint rub and Metallic Blue Visor $30 USD
Made in Japan by RealxHead
>>
File: Stryker-Lock-Duo-2-CLOSE.png (1 MB, 903x840) Image search: [Google]
Stryker-Lock-Duo-2-CLOSE.png
1 MB, 903x840
Stryker Crossborg -White Soft Vinyl w/ Black paint rub and Metallic Blue Visor $30 USD
Made in Japan by RealxHead
>>
>>4841962

These designs look gross...
>>
A crossover project that Mori and I have been discussing behind the scenes since back in 2011, Stryker Lock has finally come to fruition, with the first edition rolling out in Japan last month.

Stryker Lock was designed to continue merging the aesthetics of RealxHead and Onell Design, with a compact structure comprising of 11 separate parts and 10 points of articulation, packed into 4 inches of Japanese produced soft vinyl. These figures are meant to travel across our combined story arcs without limits, whether as mutant hunters, titanic watchers from beyond or simply armored warriors surviving within The Zone.

As far as compatibility goes, due to its smaller stature Stryker Lock possesses a uniquely sized fit function system, with the head, lower arms and lower legs designed to be easily swappable with future Stryker Lock releases. We did add a few cross compatible features, the biggest one (even though it's very small) being a right hand that can firmly hold a Glyos peg (Glyos Grip!). This means that you can build a variety of blasters and assorted phase hardware from your existing Glyos parts to give your figure some additional firepower.

Mori's mastery of soft vinyl production was in full effect throughout this project, as he solved a number of challenging puzzles to get everything to work just right. The smaller scale and multiple part construction feels tight yet robust in hand, and the sculpting truly captures our original concept and design principles. The master of RealxHead, as always, put on a clinic.

We are excited to announce that the first domestic edition will be popping up in the store this Wednesday, April 15th, at 9:30PM EDT.
>>
>>4841967
>As far as compatibility goes, due to its smaller stature Stryker Lock possesses a uniquely sized fit function system, with the head, lower arms and lower legs designed to be easily swappable with future Stryker Lock releases. We did add a few cross compatible features, the biggest one (even though it's very small) being a right hand that can firmly hold a Glyos peg (Glyos Grip!). This means that you can build a variety of blasters and assorted phase hardware from your existing Glyos parts to give your figure some additional firepower.

So, it's not compatible with other glyos vinyl parts? I figure Matt would say that outright if it was.
>>
>>4841962
>>4841963
hmmm I might consider getting one of these, they do seem a bit of a weird scale but might look alright with my mini chaos and scar phyeden from back in the day.
>>
>>4841962
>>4841963
These look fucking retarded and have nothing to do with glyos. Take your viral marketing to facebook.
>>
File: 1428369950204.gif (1 MB, 393x284) Image search: [Google]
1428369950204.gif
1 MB, 393x284
>>4842030
>nothing to do with Glyos
>being this fucking stupid
>>
>>4842030
But they DO have something to do with Glyos! You can stick one Glyos peg in them!
>>
>>4841761
Did they confirm if that's Maxx grey or not? If so, I could use some for building fodder. If not, eh, skipping, Weaponeers aren't really my thing.
>>
>>4841967
>>4841983
How tiny are these? It would've been really smart to use the Super Crayboth vinyl plug size on a new piece. That's only four pieces so far, but it'd be something.
>>
>>4842242
4 inches, a little taller than those normal action figures. And seeing they were designed for another toyline, I doubt they'll use compatible Glyos pegs.
>>
Banimon has been pushed back to May
>>
In hindsight should a got more spooky skeletons
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-04-13-17-53-32.png (616 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-04-13-17-53-32.png
616 KB, 720x1280
>>4843203
>>
File: Snapchat-498812144501941717.jpg (229 KB, 720x1184) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-498812144501941717.jpg
229 KB, 720x1184
>>4843225
>>
>>4843225

How's it feel being the weird guy on the line?

Expo-fag here
>>
>>4843470
Eh I only creep out some of the people I am the main freak though
>>
>>4843470
Our expo is the main creep he rubs the servers shoulders and shit without permission
>>
>>4843450
Kelsey's lookin cute mmm
>>
>>4843484
>>4843486

I only expo one day a week. Mostly just bus. Our usual expo is basically Elias in Clerks 2 if you replaced his bible with an engineering textbook.
>>
>>4843488
That's Shelby haha
>>
File: fucking nerds in my workplace.jpg (29 KB, 271x384) Image search: [Google]
fucking nerds in my workplace.jpg
29 KB, 271x384
>>4843450
>all these people getting their skellies in
>I still haven't got mine

This wait is suffering.
>>
>>4843575
Let the butthurt flow through you
>>
>>4843450
>12" taco
That is a massive fucking taco. It's the Hot Toys of tacos. I have never heard of such a thing.
>>
Stryker Lock unfortunately comes off as a less-cool version of the Mohican Trooper. I'm not a big fan of the beefcake proportions either. Like, yeah, the price is nice for a Mori piece, but I think I'll just save my money for normal RxH releases instead.

I also feel like the "can hold a Glyos peg" feature is really shoehorned in, and serves as nothing more than a gimmick to tie these in to the Glyoverse. What would have REALLY interested me is seeing a rotocast vinyl figure covered with Glyos ports everywhere, to see what could be done with that. Though I get it, it would be a big problem if people started using non-vinyl) switch pins on it, cause they could potentially push right through the vinyl and be a pain to get out.
>>
>>4844167
>it would be a big problem if people started using non-vinyl) switch pins on it, cause they could potentially push right through the vinyl and be a pain to get out.

Banimon tanks have little glyos switch-pin sized ports, is it a problem with those? I've never had a Banimon tank.
>>
>>4844244
Oh, I dunno, I don't own one either. Wasn't aware it had standard Glyos ports. Maybe it works by casting it thick enough that the port doesn't go all the way through the vinyl?

Actually, I'm curious now. Do any of you own the Banimon tank? I want to know how well the vinyl grips the pins and if the soft vinyl connection gets loose over time.
>>
Tank is great and the PVC ports work well. Since vinyl contracts and hardens over time if anything the opposite is true.
>>
>>4844167

I don't understand why this was hyped as a big crossover collaboration. It just looks like what they normally do and doesn't fit in with Glyos at all (single peg slot aside lol).
>>
>>4844955
I agree completely. I have no interest in these since they're not going to fit in with my Glyos and that's including all the vinyls.
>>
Stryker Lock figures went up early this afternoon and sold out in a few minutes. Got cartjacked on the Crossborg so I missed out.

Did any anons get anything?
>>
>>4845146

We are excited to announce that the first domestic edition will be popping up in the store this Wednesday, April 15th, at 9:30PM EDT.
>>
>>4845168
Something happened and they were for sale for a short while earlier today.

Either they sold out or were pulled within a few minutes.
>>
>>4843203
April 15th October toys
>>
Oh boy, so Ni, Doughty, Oct Toys, Spy Monkey MWOTR, and TGB all going here in the next week....they must want us to fight over where we spend. Jesus we just need RoTB and Kent to drop too
>>
I need some mafuking bone swing joints
>>
>>4845146
>>4845187
Got an email from Matt, his bad, but they'll be up tomorrow.
>>
Skeleton Warriors are up on October Toys.

$20 for Baron Dark, $10 ea. for Glow Skeleton or Regular Skeleton.
>>
>>4846757
That's just great. Skeletons are on sale and I still haven't received my Kickstarter stuff yet.
>>
>>4846835
>I still haven't received my Kickstarter stuff yet.
I haven't even received a shipping notice.

Sasuga, George-kun
>>
>>4846835
>>4846856
Me either - no shipping notice, no nothing.
>>
>>4846835
>>4846856
>>4846927

Same here.
>>
Just got mine tonight.
>>
Woo, I FINALLY got my skellies' shipping notice
>>
>>4844167
A-are these things the *only* guys going on sale tonight? I want to get my hands on some glyos (been out of the game for a while) but man... I just want some glyos... not those vinyl things.
>>
>>4847367
Only thing announced.
>>
>>4847377
Possibility on a mini stealth release then?
>>
>>4847391
This close to the last drop? Maybe. If anything, white Argen with a wash with Dark Aqua accents if Matt was being sneaky.
>>
File: PSX_20150415_210150.jpg (101 KB, 800x587) Image search: [Google]
PSX_20150415_210150.jpg
101 KB, 800x587
Anyone have any outer space men? I'm really, really tempted on Ophromatem and maybe Horroscope.
>>
>>4847403
I like some of them, but they're too pricey for my tastes, and they have next to no build potential.
>>
>>4847399
If only...
This Skeleden thing looks amazing. I'm mad I was out this long -_-
>>
>>4847403
I have Horrorscope and the lizard guy. QC isn't that great, Horrorscope has trouble standing.
>>
>>4843532
She's cute regardless
>>
And sold out
>>
2 minutes. Got my order in.
>>
I imagine there will be some serious whining on the blog tonight.
>>
Store is in the old layout. Regular releases at the top, buildstation at the bottom.
>>
>>4847480
>Store is in the old layout. Regular releases at the top, buildstation at the bottom.
Interesting. I like the nostalgic feeling it gives me, but I hope this isn't a permanent thing. The way Matt has been splitting the latest drop up from the old stuff has REALLY been a huge help and cuts down on confusion, especially when you're dashing through the store at breakneck speeds trying not to get cartjacked.
>>
I didn't order one of the new figures this time, but I might get one next time, it looks like there's already plans to get another shipment of these Stryker Lock figures produced since there was such a quick sell out. Now they know how much demand there is so there will probably be a larger supply next time.
>>
And the crying has already started, funny how many bitches want to quit when they miss out
>>
>>4847559
A little bit of butthurt from this PHILLIPS dude, but at least there's no outright babby tantrums like the bronze drop. That shit was so fucking embarrassing to watch.
>>
Well, we're starting to see what TJOmega did to our hobby. Fuck you TJOmega.
>>
>>4847564
Jesus that bronze drop was a shitfest.

I figure a lot of people weren't really interested in these since they're not really glyos figures. Maybe that'll cut down on some of the whining.
>>
>>4847564
There's some manbabby crying in one of the FB groups. It's always funny to see grown men throwing temper tantrums when they don't get their toys.
>>
>>4847585
The Real X Head fans that were after these probably know how fast the Japanese vinyls can sell out, and long time Onell buyers should know how quickly the previous Onell real X head stuff sold so I imagine its only some of the newer glyos fans that would be buttmad
>>
File: 2015-04-15 19.06.58.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
2015-04-15 19.06.58.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
It came! It came!
>>
>>4847724
thanks mr. sketal
>>
>>4847724
Aren't they neat?
>>
File: 2015-04-15 22.37.45.jpg (1 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
2015-04-15 22.37.45.jpg
1 MB, 2448x2448
>>4847737
Welcome!

>>4847740
Yep!
>>
>>4847751
# BONEr deerp deep derp
>>
The nerds are fighting on the re-release of the RXH. This is why they can't have nice thing.
>>
>>4846835
I hope my skeletons come soon because they are now sold out in the store. They have 39 Barons and 39 glow skeletons left.
>>
I'm not seeing the blog drama, just some 'oh damn I missed it' which is pretty normal

unless I missed it, shame for I always love a good shitstorm.
>>
>>4847892
>glyOG complaining that if white gets re-released it should be different so his figures will remain premium-priced
>>
TJOmega claims everyone had the same chance as everyone else. This isn't including the fact that since he reviews them at a larger audience than anyone else, Xanthax, that he gets special bonuses.
>>
>>4848172
Oh come now. Matt throwing samples of upcoming waves into big reviewer's orders I can believe--y'know, kinda like a press release and blah blah blah (although it is worth noting that many "nobodies" have gotten these advance samples as well!) But if you're implying he somehow influenced TJ's order going through, get the fuck outta here. The whole system is automated, and at drop time shit is moving so fast and chaotic there's no fucking way he could have wizarded up something like that. TJ probably just got there on time and had a fast enough connection to score.

Note that I am not a fan of TJ or any special treatment he might get, I'm just pointing out that your theory is ludicrous.
>>
>>4848172
That's not really how it works, at least with Matt.
Also Vangelus videos has a larger audience.
>>
>>4847979

Yeah, biggest faglord in glyos. Textbook definition of a flipper yet he stays in the community and posts pics of everything saying how awesome and badass it is, so when he posts the toys up for 2x-10x what he bought them for a month earlier people might think they are worth it.
>>
>>4847403
Despite my great dislike for 4H, I love the OSM. I'm working on getting one of each of the Infinity OSM.
>>
Shipping notice for my Stryker Locks (one of each).

I drink the tears of butthurt manbabies.
>>
File: c2e2mushiexclusives.png (558 KB, 544x953) Image search: [Google]
c2e2mushiexclusives.png
558 KB, 544x953
>>
>>4848875
Like him or not, TJ's a moderately popular Internet personality who does regular videos devoted to Glyos family stuff.

TGB's a bro who hooks people up, and also is well-versed in the art of promotion.

I'm sure jimmies will be rustled, but it's really just jealousy and self-entitlement - two things which seem to have infected the Glyos community as of late.
>>
>>4848887
TJ is a parasite and no good can come from him.
>>
File: 1282959321721.jpg (41 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1282959321721.jpg
41 KB, 500x500
>>4848887
>jealousy and self-entitlement - two things which seem to have infected the Glyos community as of late.

>as of late.
>>
>>4848887
>TGB's a bro who hooks people up

Only if you beg strangers to buy things for your in Chicago... or fly to Chicago yourself and maybe get something.

#mulesrevved2015
>>
>>4848875
pls support his partreon to keep his granma alive
>>
>>4848928
Why doesn't he sell his toys if he care so much
>>
>>4849091
Toy reviewing is his job so he needs those toys to make money.

#savegranny
>>
People dont realize if they just email TGB they can probably buy now , glyos fans are retarded in making things much harder for themselves
>>
>>4848911
>Or I can sit and bitch because my autistic non-communicative self doesn't have enough balls to simply contact TGB so he adds me to his "Beast List" to prepurchase one of each new Kabuto Mushi.
>>
>>4849201
MWAHAHAHAHA ;) OF COURSE THEY HAVE TRIED, BUT I ENJOY WATCHING THEM SQUIRM, SO I JUST TELL THEM THEY NEED TO GET THEM MULES RUNNING. I LOVE MY FANS, BUT I LOVE THEIR MONEY MORE :))))))))))
>>
Not enough numbers and letters to be TGB you faggot
>>
Was there a presale i missed out on with all the c2e2 kabuto mushi exclusives?? I see people posting pics of them in hand??
>>
>>4849345
TGB has "pre-sells" to certain people, generally those who have commissioned him or bought a lot form him at conventions.
>>
>>4849345

Remember, he cares about the fans.
>>
Email, uh email, maybe email

Or wait and miss out
>>
Isn't that convention a few weeks away yet? And people have them already. Was there a KM club sign up I missed?
>>
Its next week
>>
>>4849201
The thing is TGB has never come out anywhere and said exactly what the system is or how to be part of it or even let people know in a general sense that there is such an option.
>>
File: reaction (30).gif (1010 KB, 500x248) Image search: [Google]
reaction (30).gif
1010 KB, 500x248
Glyos cool kids club.

You either get first pick of all the cool shit and exclusives or you get a fucking mule like the rest of the plebs.

Congrats on ruining glyos, godbeast you fucking faggot.
>>
File: 9-TheDude.jpg (48 KB, 394x406) Image search: [Google]
9-TheDude.jpg
48 KB, 394x406
You know what feels really good?

Being chill. Like, I'm so unaffected by all this drama going on with TGB's exclusive sales and Matt's fast sellouts. I'm calm. I'm zen. Toys are just toys, man, and I'm not about to let them ruin my day for any reason.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.