[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>literally never had a priority 2-day order arrive on the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: usps-logo.png (127 KB, 1024x814) Image search: [Google]
usps-logo.png
127 KB, 1024x814
>literally never had a priority 2-day order arrive on the expected day
>every time i sell something and ship via priority 2-day, it arrives on time

USPS hatred thread.
>>
>>5749259
it just shows your shipping address is not a good area for deliveries . Also there's No Guarantee for Priority 2 day, it gets there when it gets there, they will try to do it in 2-3days.
>>
>>5749259
>post office delivers my album and poster set to my door no problem
>they hold my nendoroid because the beaner mail carrier is too lazy to drive up to my house
>delivers my 8 disc sound track no problem
>they hold a one inch replacement piece for one of my figures when the package is literally the size of an envelope
>they deliver my imported amiibo no problem
I want everyone at the post office here fired and blacklisted.
>>
>>5749259

All of the packages I've gotten via USPS have either arrived on the expected delivery date or a day earlier.

The only time they held a package back was due to me having to ship it to an alternate address that's located in an area that's known for iffy shipping and said package being larger that the mailbox.
>>
>he thinks USPS is bad

Try being Canadian and dealing with our customers/postal services
>>
UPS tried to scam me out of $300 by claiming a cash on delivery fee for something I bought on ebay.
USPS just refuses to bring my packages to my house and makes me drive 40 min across town to pick it up every time.
>>
>>5749463
>tfw Canada Post may go on yet another fucking postal strike
>>
>"Priority Mail 2-Day" is the trademarked term for the service yet 2 day delivery is just an estimate

This is the thing that class action lawsuits for false advertisement are made of, they shouldn't have called it that, "Priority Mail" was fine.
>>
>>5749401
This. If you have a problem with USPS, it's your own local USPS.

Mine is fine, and I'm sure that's the case for a lot of people.
>>
Today they delivered a day early, but last week it took them four days to go two hundred miles across the state on top of the three days they spent getting it from Florida.

I'm neutral at the moment, I guess.
>>
>>5749575
>>5749401

Mine is great. I just got back from the post office and they are so nice and helpful.

It must suck to live somewhere with a shitty USPS.
>>
>>5749489
>"Priority Mail 2-Day" is the trademarked term for the service yet 2 day delivery is just an estimate
1) They have this disclaimer (or a reasonable facsimile thereof)
and
2) Who says Priority Mail 2-Day isn't a cutesy way to say "Priority Mail Today!"?
There's no "false advertising". They in no way say "we will deliver this in 2 days guaranteed!" It's a ploy. They count on Mr and Mrs Average Joe to be simpleminded who never read the fine print, or think past the words in BIG BOLD LETTERS. That's how marketing works.

>lawsuit
Yeah.
Right.
You honestly think that there wasn't a legal team that went over all of that with a fine tooth comb when the PO marketing dept came up with the idea? Nigga please.
It would be laughed out of court before it even came close to a trial.
>>
>>5749682
>I'm retarded

I can see that
>>
File: 1466293762772.jpg (42 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
1466293762772.jpg
42 KB, 360x360
>Be American
>Nothing comes by USPS
>everything comes on time from UPS
>>
Is FedEx Smartpost shit for everyone or just me?

It was in my state Monday, then they shipped it back out of state, and then again to another state. And the estimated delivery changed from Friday, to tomorrow and then Saturday.
>>
>>5749865
nah, it's shit. I've seen it depart and arrive in the same city for 3 days in a row.

which is funny because back in 2015 it was faster that first class.
>>
>>5749701
>can't back up your statements
>call people names instead
I know you collect toys, but that's no excuse to act like a 5 year old.
>>
>>5750030
I know you don't have a law degree or a clue, but that's no excuse to act like you have a brain.

>doesn't know what false advertising is
>>
>>5750053
But I do know. It's very simple. It's when a company makes claims about a product or service that are not true. If the PO says Priority 2-Day Mail is guaranteed to be delivered in 2 days, then they would be lying because it usually isn't.
But they don't make that claim. Priority 2-Day Mail is the NAME of the service. They're very upfront about that, and the fact there is no guarantee for delivery within that time frame. In fact right on the website (and on the boards at the actual Post Office) It says "2-3 day delivery". Not "2-day guaranteed delivery" From a legal standpoint, that disclaimer is their "out".
Even if it were guaranteed they are allowed certain exceptions. That phrase *certain restrictions apply means that they could still take longer than 2 days and not be deceptively advertising the service.

The onus is on the customer to read all of the print and not just the BIG BOLD LETTERS. If they don't bother to read everything, then it's the customer who is at fault. Not the company. They see Priority 2-Day Mail and assume that its a lock on 2 day delivery.

Is it shady? Yes it is. Is it playing toward the idea that most people won't actually read all the facts about a product or service before buying? Of course. But the one thing it's not is false advertising. At least not in the legal definition.

But you know this already, and you can't defend your claims, so you resort to name calling and childish behavior. So if you think you have a handle on everything, then by all means go file a class action suit against the post office. Let's see how far you get with that.

INB4 some lame excuse for not doing it, or more childish name calling.
>>
>>5749784
This and FedEx. It takes a couple days for things arrive, but nearly twice as long when it ships with USPS.
>>
>>5749865
Smartpost is intended to be the least efficient form of shipping that it can possibly be. That's why for a lot of big companies they use that as their free shipping option. When tallying up the final total to ship, UPS/FedEx gives a discount on rates because they don't waste time making the final delivery, and USPS gives a discount on rates because they only have to handle the package in the last few miles of its journey. Plus the packages move in whatever vehicle has space, so it can jump out of your state and back in it if an out-of-state facility was going to make a shipment to a close facility.
>>
>>5749480
>Canada post so lazy they got rid of mail boxes
>Now community mail boxes only
>>
>>5749259

I'm on east coast so everything comes into either JFK or Jamaiica NY. When it leaves there I always get it by the next day.
>>
>>5749784

UPS has the worst drivers in my experience. One of them had the gall to call me and tell my my address was wrong and I'd have to pick it up. They thought that because the driver couldn't see any of the three story buildings from outside of the complex. The guy didn't even get to the parking lot.

Fucking useless.
>>
>>5751092
And they'll still be charging us retarded prices to ship even domestically.
>>
If you're upset that the Post Office service continues to decline, stop voting for Republicans.

https://www.uspsoig.gov/blog/be-careful-what-you-assume

http://www.cnbc.com/id/45018432

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/need-to-know/five-things/the-u-s-postal-service/11433/

http://business.time.com/2013/02/07/how-healthcare-expenses-cost-us-saturday-postal-delivery/

http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2015/10/the-right-wings-assault-on-the-post-office-smashing-the-myth-that-its-in-financial-trouble.html

t. someone who has to field angry calls every day from people wondering why they didn't get the shit we sent to them on time
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.