[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We need to start having Shopkins threads.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: image.png (424 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.png
424 KB, 1024x768
We need to start having Shopkins threads.
>>
I appreciate the style and the sometimes pun names but they just don't appeal to me.
>>
OP here, just wanted to share my personal experiences with these fellas.

>be in 11th grade
>some kid in my class who we shall call carpenter loves shopkins
>at first I didn't really get why he liked them, I was just now hearing about them
>one day, carpenter gets a shopkin that he already had in his collection
>he gives it to me
>reluctantly, I take it because I'm nice to him
>Google shopkins when I get home from school to find out which one he gave me, since I knew they were selling like beanie babies
>it's cheery churro, and alternate colors one no less
>I now have newfound mutual respect for carpenter

I didn't want to reveal any names, because as far as I know he might accidentally stumble upon this thread somehow, and given the fact that he's in special Ed, that not might be the best thing to have happened. I have seven shopkins now, almost all of them are rare except for one ultra and one common
>>
>>5285360
My niece's mother goes through cases upon cases of every wave and has never found a limited ed.
>>
I'm really into MiWorld kits, so I see these a lot since they're usually displayed next to each other. They're cute, but not my thing. If they ever make any stationary sets, I'd probably be in though.
>>
>>5285577
I'm pretty sure your best bet for Marsha Mallow or Roxy Ring is to get the 12 packs or the season mega packs. Those ones are more likely to have them, still rather slim chances though.
>>
My 4 year old daughter is obsessed with Shopkins. They're all over the house.
>>
>>5285356
Bump
>>
>>5285356
I like that their blind packages are styled like little shopping baskets
>>
When I was a kid I loved small toys, like the size of shopkins. They're not something I'd be interested in today, but I really wish they were around when I was a kid because I would have enjoyed them.
>>
>>5285356
Why cans grown men like these? They seem targeted at little girls. I like the garbage monster ones way more.. "Trash Pack" or something. I also with they were plastic instead of squishy rubber. They'll never last as that rubber. When they get old they'll start deteriorate and getting gooey/sticky. They also collect dust and hair like mad. Hard plastic would have been a better choice, like they used for crazy bones.
>>
"Need" is such a strong word, OP. Also,

>>5285384
>be in 11th grade

Just because this is /toy/ doesn't mean suddenly underage users are magically ok.
>>
>>5287741
>>5287725
You are so fucking mad it's adorable. If OP's not underage, I bet you are!
>>
>>5287741
holy shit, what crawled up your ass and died?
>>
File: image.png (303 KB, 624x352) Image search: [Google]
image.png
303 KB, 624x352
>>5287794
He is a Lard Lad, making a spectacle of himself. Pay him no attention and he will starve into nonexistence
>>
the kids i work with are obsessed with these and play pretend grocery store with them

i cant understand why adults would like them
>>
>>5287848
>cute(subjective, but a quality many would say they have)
>cheap
>small

Impulse purchases mostly, I'd imagine
>>
>>5287851
Jesus christ, I have reported Greg like 6 times already just this morning
>>
>>5287858
I saw the stupid fucker posting in /aco/ of all places. It's really pathetic how desperate he is.
>>
>>5287861
You cannot win at the game you're playing so poorly.
Every day you have come, you have been lambasted by the anons and pruned by the janitors. They are improving their timing of banning you, actually.
This extends to the other boards you have sought to plague, only to be laughed at outright or off boarded by other, more interesting threads. You are at best a clown and at worst unnoticed, both of which run opposite of your desire for respect.
In a year, you will have left and be a memory in a few.
You will be forgotten by time.
>>
>>5287874
My dog is dead, you sick fuck. Trees aren't enough for you?
>>
>>5287883
Greg. buddy. you need some help
>>
File: 1434160779925.png (225 KB, 480x361) Image search: [Google]
1434160779925.png
225 KB, 480x361
Thank you dear Janitor, I love you
>>
Who taught him how to use a VPN?
>>
File: $_35.jpg (10 KB, 300x253) Image search: [Google]
$_35.jpg
10 KB, 300x253
Ive always thought these things were cute. I've been meaning to pick some up.

I have a few trash packs though. I think they're pretty neat my favorite is boggy bagel. I don't think he's rare or anything just something about him I think is cute.

I don't super actively collect these sort of things but every so often my gf and I grab some blind bags and guess which ones were going to get and make a game out of it.

Anyone got pictures of their shopkins?
>>
>>5287909
All the recent images he's uploaded on this board and others have been titled 'image.jpg'. He's probably posting from an iPhone and toggling aircraft mode on and off to get a new IP each time he's banned.
>>
He's still not as bad as Jin Autismtome.
>>
We can have a civilized Shopkins thread but talk go ape shit when I post about the Zelfs??

...ohhk
>>
>>5287997
one of these things is not like the other
>>
>>5288026
What exactly is the difference?
>>
>>5287997
>Zelfs
Never heard of these before.

>somehow uglier versions of troll dolls

They went apeshit for a reason.
>>
At first I really liked these but after they started pushing them like crazy the paintjobs started going to shit really fast.

They sell Shopkins where I work, if I find the really bad paint jobs I'm talking about I'll gladly post pics.

>>5287848
To be fair, I also enjoyed playing pretend grocery store as a kid.

Now all that pretend paid off as I work in retail while attending college.
>>
File: image.png (560 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.png
560 KB, 1024x768
>>5285356
>mfw I stared something, didn't i
>>
>>5287720
>I also with they were plastic instead of squishy rubber.
A few years ago, there was a very popular toy line called Squinkies (made by another company) that had the same squishy material. Moose just copied it and the rest is history.
>>
>>5287203
Me too, because then fat neckbeards can't feel the bags and take all the "good" ones so kids have a better chance of collecting more than the shittiest ones.
>>
File: 1444138055487.gif (2 MB, 237x304) Image search: [Google]
1444138055487.gif
2 MB, 237x304
>A toy* which is basically designed entirely around consumerism.
>People actually buy this shit for their children.
>It'sworking.jpg

*Aren't they just shitty tiny plastic animals?
>>
>>5287997
>>5288763

I think shopkins are pretty dumb, but it's cool if people are into them.

Zelfs are inexcusable though.
>>
>>5290903
This is what's happened to try and make the crap we used to get for 25-50 cents attractive again.
>>
>>5285365
I don't really actually get what Shopkins are about.

Aren't they just like re-ment with faces on?
>>
>>5290917
How is one better than the other?
>>
>>5285384
Huh. Rarely a cute story on /toy/.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.