[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BJD/Doll Thread: Brace your anus for summer!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 78
File: LM Sarubia.jpg (670 KB, 1365x2048) Image search: [Google]
LM Sarubia.jpg
670 KB, 1365x2048
Last thread >>5675336

>FAQs:
/toy/ - bjd.buyfags.moe
/jp/ - dollfaq.buyfags.moe

>Doll news:
bjdcollecstasy.com

>WIP Database/Height comparison:
dollection.fi
>>
File: tumblr_o7u5zpIDJF1uqzh6uo1_540.jpg (91 KB, 458x810) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7u5zpIDJF1uqzh6uo1_540.jpg
91 KB, 458x810
>>5697867
Last thread had no shortage of salt and sand pouring out of every orifice.

>Guppykisses v. everyone debacle

>Ayyy let's take anon confessions as fact

>Dumb faceup trends continue to be poorly done by Culur

>Resinsoul centaurs look less trash than their other stuff

>Furries don't use bjd as a medium because they don't know about them (please let's keep it that way)

>Con season! Wear your green lanyard!

>Drama errywhere

>Don't visit TFTF's tumblr at work.
>>
>>5697880
Is that a chibi unoa with a banana bong?
>>
File: 26657314454_257254fb48_h.jpg (248 KB, 1600x1066) Image search: [Google]
26657314454_257254fb48_h.jpg
248 KB, 1600x1066
>>5697914
Yes, anon. Stoner Unoa wants us to take a hit.
>>
>>5697880
>Furries don't use bjd as a medium because they don't know about them
So what you're saying is there's a gap in the market for people willing to sell out?
>>
>>5697970
No, there's a gap in the market because furries don't have the money or patience to do BJDs. If you "sold out" and marketed towards them, you wouldn't do so well.
>>
File: Smoke weed_every day.jpg (275 KB, 960x600) Image search: [Google]
Smoke weed_every day.jpg
275 KB, 960x600
>>5697880
>>
>>5698044
Jesus christ, so recently I feel like I've developed the ability to see how thin Smartdoll arms are and I never noticed before and really wish it could be unseen because it's such a great body sculpt otherwise. Can't unsee those damn Adventure Time-esque noodle appendages tho.
>>
>>5698044
Yeah thats the first thing about them that turns me off. The second thing is how the face only looks good front-facing because there's no depth to the sculpt.

Other than that Chitose a cute.
>>
>>5697970
>>5698022
To reach furries you have to be a furry. More than any other fandom it's a matter of networking, you have to know people to know the right people, to be able to produce the right kind of work in the right amount to attract the right customers. It's niches within niches.

There are a couple of dolls out there right now that I think furries would get if those dolls were in the fandom, or at least visible in the fandom, but they're not, and those artists are not aware/willing to delve too deep into the fandom to find the right buyers.

I'm making dolls but i'm making them mostly for me. I won't even think about marketing until after I have solid QC going for me.

The BJD hobby is at a turning point where it's on the verge of becoming recognizable, but as of yet it remains a very closed off, difficult to navigate and elitist hobby, in addition to prohibitive costs.

It's not that furries don't have money, although a lot will waste it all on cheap drawings, the number of fursuits is on the rise, and even those who decide to make their own are still spending enough to buy a doll with it.

Much as dolls are a popular option for people to explore fashion that can't wear said fashions themselves, I think that furry dolls could become a popular option for those who don't/can't wear fursuits. But, as things stand right now, there's too big a gap between the different communities and general knowledge. Most of that vicarious need is met through plushies/role play/visual art, but give it a few years to a decade and I think more furries will start turning up. Thanks to Zootopia, there has already been a significant swelling of the furry fandom. Give all the kids who get way into it enough time to become teens with fursonas, and they'll be desperate to spend mommy and daddy's money on anything that can show 'who they really are inside".
>>
File: Screenshot_20160522-090254.jpg (337 KB, 1261x845) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160522-090254.jpg
337 KB, 1261x845
>>5698221
This sounds like a nightmare
>>
I have the solution to the furry dolls problem: doll sized fursuits.

Any Texas anons or just anyone going to A-Kon at all here?
>>
>>5698997
I am.
>>
File: tumblr_o2veaz0IHi1uba917o1_500.jpg (106 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o2veaz0IHi1uba917o1_500.jpg
106 KB, 500x500
>>5698221
As a former furry, you've made a really good assessment. If they do want to hop in the hobby, there are quite a few options out there-- Zuzu delf, Pipos, DearMine-- which do different sizes. Other companies have experimented with anthros, but I don't think they had sold as well as originally thought. If they want to test the waters, they can always get a Hujoo Freya or other anthro, but there isn't much sculpt diversity.

I think they would rather put their money toward fursuits, since it's sort of a status symbol to be able to actually physically represent their fursona.

>>5698997
I'm going to A-kon.
So I guess that makes three of us?
Hngg, Ringdoll sculptor is back this year and makes me go full yellow fever.
>>
Man, pet dolls are really catching on.

But goddamn, this kawaii uguu gryphon's got me.
>>
I want to get back into collecting now that I have a new job, but I don't know if I wanna start with swag for my yosd or a pipos... I've always had a soft spot for their froggies...

I guess this is kinda relivent, ha. I'm not a furry, and I've always been uncomfortable with people thinking animal bjds were furries... even though that's what they kinda are. They're a lot more cute and inncocent, though.
>>
>>5699298

Actually that's a hippo grif but your right it's kawaii as fuck.

I really want my bjds to have pets but most of them are way to small for 65cm+ dolls so I have to stick to art dolls as pets for them.
>>
File: realfee hippogryphs.jpg (240 KB, 640x961) Image search: [Google]
realfee hippogryphs.jpg
240 KB, 640x961
>>5699460
Yeah, you're right. I was going full retard because that's the first fairyland Realfee body I am crazy about because it has a pet doll option that I would rather have. I still don't really like the Realfee heads-- they're just not my thing. I am close to liking Mari, but that's it.
>>
>>5699298
what is the cost of that thing?
website?
sorry i'm new in this kind of dolls...
>>
>>5699767

Fairyland is the company name and that one isn't listed up for sale yet. The last real fee they released were $370 so maybe a little more than that?
>>
>>5699767
It's hard to say, because this one comes with many more parts than their Realfee.
Blog: http://dollfairyland.tistory.com/
company: fairyland.co.kr
>>
>>5699504

I know what you mean about the faves. They're a little to dark crystal for my tastes.

Also what's the deal with fairyland dolls anyway? Seems like people loose their shit over every new release then sell them as soon as they get them. Everyone was trying to dump their Sias for a while and nobody seems to have kept their real fee.
>>
>>5699504
daaaaaaaaaaamn nigga fairyland is gonna make bank on this shit
>>
File: 029.jpg (161 KB, 750x1125) Image search: [Google]
029.jpg
161 KB, 750x1125
>>5699789
i've kept my realfee anon, she's cute as fuck. also she's the limited event head pupu so i'm not about to sell her face any time soon. though the new hippogrif boy looks a lot like a pupu.
>>
>>5699789
Now that I think on it, I'm curious too. This is just speculation, but maybe people are super fickle and want the next hottest thing and discover that it's not as popular as they had anticipated. Some may want to flip 'em, but are finding it's not as simple as the limited runs of MNF Liria where just her head has been sitting close to $400. It gets saturated because they aren't limited and FL is releasing new dolls rather quickly that better image their characters, so it's possibly a revolving door.
Again, just speculation. Owners can do what they want, but I've been noticing it too.

>>5699808
The mouth looks like Pupu, but they eyes on Pupu are cuter imo. I like the concept behind the Realfee/Realpukis-- a few anons have some damned cute ones (yours included) but I just can't see myself owning one and giving it enough attention for the pricetag.
>>
>>5699817
yeah the realfee don't fit in in my other dolls, they definitely have their own fantasy art aesthetic that isn't common in BJDs. they remind me a lot of Brian Froud's art and book "Good fairies Bad Fairies. "
>>
>>5699838
>Good fairies Bad fairies
Ha. I have that book.

Where did you get those leggings? I know they're out of focus, but I like the texture.
>>
>>5699504
I'm with you there--most of the Realfee heads are straight-up ugly to me, but I really like Mari and her cute little parted lips. I'm kicking myself for not getting her in mint with the rabbit legs when I had the chance.
>>
>>5699890
they are actually the leggings that came with may's fullset outfit. they are the only part of the outfit i actually liked, lol

>>5699903
im surprised to hear people actually like mari. she just looks extremely monkeyish to me, with her tiny nose and round head and cheeks. she just looks like curious george with a fish mouth imo.
>>
File: mari2.jpg (344 KB, 859x800) Image search: [Google]
mari2.jpg
344 KB, 859x800
>>5699916
Haha, that's about right. Some of my favorite leggings are often parts of fullsets.

>she just looks like curious george with a fish mouth imo
Ayyy, so she's a sea monkey.
[spoilers]brb, killing myself[/donotworkhere]
>>
File: mari.jpg (122 KB, 420x342) Image search: [Google]
mari.jpg
122 KB, 420x342
>>5699925
pic related was my first thought when seeing mari 2bqh
>>
>>5699916
Aw, I think she's cute, but I'm a sucker for dolls with open mouths/pursed lips. Ironic that you mention she looks "monkey-ish" though, because I can't stand monkeys or primates in general, but I just love Mari.

All the other Realfees just remind me too much of those creepy troll trinkets some of my mom's friends used to collect. Your Pupu is probably one of the cutest non-Maris I've seen though.
>>
File: 031.jpg (156 KB, 750x1125) Image search: [Google]
031.jpg
156 KB, 750x1125
>>5699955
aw thanks anon, i dont want to offend anyone by dissing mari too much. she is kind of cute but definitely not for me. same for the new girl. i actually think the original realpuki pupu is the cutest version of pupu, but i had to settle for the realfee version. i snagged it when i could and i dont regret it, she's super cute.
>>
>>5699287
That cat's tail looks so much like a doll dick.
>>
>>5697867

it scares me they made dolls of Anzu.
>>
File: 5437596649_eaf5083f88_b.jpg (150 KB, 930x523) Image search: [Google]
5437596649_eaf5083f88_b.jpg
150 KB, 930x523
>>5699955
Anon, I feel like we're too much alike. Like I'm samefagging with some kind of personality disorder and don't know it.

>>5699960
>dont want to offend anyone
It's 4chan. If they're offended, they're better off leaving anonymous mongolian chopstick puppetry boards in general. Tired of those that sperg out over little shit, but it happens everywhere.
>>
>>5700104

Shit anon I wish the doll in your pic was a regular offering from a company. We need more monster girl dolls that aren't cutsyfied all to hell.
>>
File: triggered.jpg (59 KB, 499x358) Image search: [Google]
triggered.jpg
59 KB, 499x358
>>5699800
>nigga

SOMEONE CALL THE POLICE
>>
File: sh119_04.jpg (141 KB, 420x630) Image search: [Google]
sh119_04.jpg
141 KB, 420x630
>>5699817
I personally think it's a bit like with Soom (or, like it was with Soom years ago in my local group): people are afraid they are missing out on something.
They like the doll, maybe not for 100% but a good 80%.
They rather buy the doll now than risking no re-release/having to face huge af second-hand prices/never seeing the doll for sale at all.
Most of the releases that went well but were sold quickly again by people were the ones that offered something new.
Of course people jump on that, maybe it's the only time FL will ever release this and it's the closest the buyer ever got to owning that certain concept.

That's how a lot of people in my group ended up with a shitton of Sooms while Soom still produced new things.
Fuck, a unicorn dude with hooves?
Never had that before, better buy it.
A wolf guy? Fuck, count me in.
Dolls with wings as arms? Here I come.
That stopped after Soom started recycling parts and totally dropped when they came up with rereleases, combining old parts and lotteries.
As soon as Fairyland does the same people will calm down too.
>>
I feel torn right now. I'm going to be living abroad for a year or more in 2018 and I don't know if I should build my crew up or not. I want to have a 4-5 doll setup but if I do get them, what would I do when I leave? Ship them to myself, put them into storage back home?
>>
>>5700742
Well, what were you planning on doing with the rest of your stuff that you couldn't take with you?
>>
why don't more companies use faceplates like unoa
>>
>>5700922
Harder to engineer. Since the main functionality is swapping out faces, that means all of the faceplates have to be sculpted to fit the same head back, across all the different sculpts and over time. This can be an issue since there can always be a certain degree of shrinkage in every step, from the clay master to the mold to the resin cast itself. Conventional heads are sculpted individually and then the headcap simply sliced loose.

Its also a more visible and obvious joint and some sculptors/collectors prefer the joints to be completely hidden.
>>
>>5700922
I'm glad they don't. I fucking hate faceplates.
>>
File: 15850526161_1a474c024f_o.jpg (159 KB, 552x458) Image search: [Google]
15850526161_1a474c024f_o.jpg
159 KB, 552x458
>>5700922
I'd change that question a bit: why don't more companies with a faceplate system actually offer different faceplates to buy?

Even the ones that do have such a system usually only have one, maybe two faceplates to offer for one sculpt (open eyed and sleeping version).

I agree with other anon though, it's harder to make such a system (no matter if it's a half face/half back one like Unoas have, or one where the face part is a lot bigger, like with Granado).
But if you already made a working one, why not add some more face options?
>>
>>5701050

Agreed. When the magnets finally give out youre boned. One of my dolls had cheap magnets holding the head cap on and they literally disentigrated over time. Imain how shitty that would be with a faceplate system.
>>
>>5701279
Dollshe made ones with super, super tiny magnets, the faceplates basically hold on by pure wishful thinking.
Can't remember anymore how often my Saint suddenly lost his face.

If faceplate, then with a hook + magnet system.
>>
>>5700316
I left the doll hobby right around the SOOM rundown and you're absolutely right. Hooves for all sizes, wing of all kinds and horns like you couldn't imagine. People wanted them for parts, modding, full-sets and all kinds of things. I used to watch the new monthly doll release like crazy to see what new amazing thing they came up with. Transparent curled fairy feet? Aww yeah. Resin cat paws for SD with unicorn horns. Why wasn't it done sooner? Have an OC who needs birdwings for hands and a beak to go with his goat hooves? Got you covered! Everything felt special and it was marketed as 'limited' and back then almost nobody else did them. Rereleases definitely killed it.
>>
>>5701279
You know you can replace magnets right
>>
>>5700973
Makes sense

>>5701128
Yeah that too, I thought customisability is the whole purpose of faceplates like
>want your doll to often change expressions like an action figure
>get a faceplate
>want it to have the same face all the time
>get head

>>5701279
>remove magnets
>add new magnets
am i missing something
>>
>>5701281
Agreed. My Lillycat doll's faceplate pops off every time I try to adjust her head position or wig. I often have to take off the faceplate, adjust, put faceplate back on-- aw crap, not quite the look I wanted-- readjust. My LTF is similar, but not as bad. I'm not as panicky about that one since the fp can be replaced easily.

I love the fact you can change faces without taking the whole head off, but it needs better engineering to keep it from consistently slipping off.

>>5701495
Have you tried getting out magnets that are glued in there? If the freezer/heading method doesn't work, it fucking sucks and you almost always chip the doll.
>>
>>5701398
Removing magnets can be a serious pain in the ass.
Seconding other anon, when freezing doesn't work the only thing you can do is drill into the magnet and hope you can remove it without damaging the doll.

Honestly easier to just tape it down or stick some putty between headback and faceplate.
>>
>>5701495
>>5701398

Freezing doesn't always cause magnets to just pop out. Sometimes you have to drill out the remained of a shitty magnet and one false move with a power drill and you've fucked up a dolls face. Add trying to preserve a faceup to that equation and its super shitty.

Also some companies use weird non standard size magnets and good look trying to find a place to order those from.
>>
>>5701279
I don't think my faceplate dolls even have magnets at all, the Chicline and Pukipuki faceplates pretty much just clip on.
>>
Ok so maybe I'm just absolutely retarded at this but what is the magic phrase to get the tiny cell phone strap accessories to show up on Ebay? I'm looking for minature Iphones, Ipods, 3DS, and just general cute in-scale stuff but all I've found is one vintage camera and a bunch of squishy oversize bread.
>>
>>5701676
If you want things from Japanese vending machines, gashapon. Other small accessories are from Rement.

Not sure how they show up on eBay.
>>
>>5701788
Hm, I'm looking but most of the gashapon is just about the same scale as Rement and therefore wayyy too small. I'm looking for SD scale stuff, like the super cute little cell phones and other accessories that Dollfie Dreams always seem to have. The only thing I've found so far is the little camera keychains on Licht.
>>
Speaking of Soom, what is up with the super dark company photos in new releases? I can barely make out any details of the dolls.
>>
To anon who wants to make a new FAQ/pattern list, here's a buttload of doll mag scans

>plus.google.com/112174196208952755265/photos
>>
>>5702164
SD sized stuff is really hard to get, sadly.
DDs are easier because they have smaller hands, but in general most props are 1/6, if not smaller.

Most of them ARE Gashapon pieces though.
Your best bet is to search with BJD, prop, accessoire tags, find a fitting listing and then try to trace it back.
As japanese doll owner you definitely got it easier there though.

Try some doll companies (like LUTS, Dollmore, Sadol, Crobidoll, Tata etc.) too, they sometimes sell props.
Not all of their props are made by them, but they sometimes list the original maker and you can look for them.
Taobao is a great help there.

>>5702206
Wish it was only Soom.
I still think that the last few pictures should be blank close-ups of the face from all sides.
If an outfit is sold with it, add some clear pictures of the full-set at the bottom too.

I remember when they didn't provide blank pictures of their heads.
People wrote them and all they got was a "sorry, we don't have a picture of the blank head".
Bullshit.
You made the damn doll, just get a head and take a damn picture.
>>
>>5700832
I'm going to be getting rid of a lot of stuff like clothes and shoes, throwing out my mattress, donating other stuff. Things that would be a waste to put into storage. I'd store my desk and bed frame, some toy collections I have, my books.
>>
File: tumblr_kxfwyklzdn1qa340go1_400.jpg (234 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_kxfwyklzdn1qa340go1_400.jpg
234 KB, 400x600
>>5703247
I actually got one of my dolls for cheap from a seller that is specialized in these storage sales.
The original owner never came back and the stuff in storage (incl. the dolls) was auctioned off and later ended up on ebay.
Poor guy was all dirty and still had the wig/eyes he had on pictures I found of him taken in 2007.

Honestly anon, if the dolls are important to you take them with you or store them with someone you trust.
Regarding building up a group, 4-5 isn't tooooo bad.
I would probably just find a way to take them with me, or if they are similar sizes maybe take two full ones and let the other heads share bodies.
Till 2018 a lot of things can happen though.
>>
>>5702684
Wtf? they said they don't have blank head pictures available? that sounds super fishy and scammy. I hate their pictures. Especially with the ghost of war dude it looks like they are hiding something. They pulled the same bullshit with Brett's dreamy unicorn face and it pissed me off so bad. Because I loved that face but the fact that they kept it in the shadows and posted limited angles of the face I thought there was something wrong with it so I passed on it. Fucking soom is going down the shithole.
>>
>>5703502
i think when they say things like that its because the people translating for / running the website are usually separate from the sculptors/designers. I get that impression from fairyland when they post showing pics of future dolls but also say "we don't know when its going to go up for sale yet" etc. So yeah, whoever is running the website may only have access to what the company itself gives to them.
>>
File: nightmelody_1.jpg (133 KB, 400x420) Image search: [Google]
nightmelody_1.jpg
133 KB, 400x420
>>5703520
In case of Soom that's partly true, the Q&A is handled by special people who do basically nothing else.
They need to communicate everything with the rest of the staff.

However, writing a message to one of the other guys saying "hey, gimme a blank picture of that new head we made" shouldn't be a problem.
Not to mention they should include such pictures anyway, but eh, it's Soom.
>>
>>5701676
maybe try Strapya? Buttloads of cellphone charms.
http://www.strapya-world.com/
>>
>>5703545
I'm amused that their sales pics are currently too dark since they used to overexpose them too much (so too light)

Actually they used to post 'basic' unedited/blank photos of their sculpts back then too, in like 2008=2010, specifically bc people said they couldn't tell what the dolls looked like in the glittery promo pics for the fantasy monthlies, i guess they stopped? Its a shame, the new Soom team post firing and rehiring seems so much worse at customer service.
>>
>>5702600
The dubs have brought us a wonderful gift. Will add that to the next thread.

>>5703545
Yeah, I impulse bought Nephelin back in the day and when she arrived she just didn't look the same to me. There's a small resemblance there, but I probably would have skipped on it if I had seen blank pictures of her head. I also really hate when they hide fantasy parts, or in the case of Aslan, did not show the fantasy part blushing on the cream white version. I understand when they add a new skin color mid-release, but promo pics had a CW version. I sort of wanted to see how he would look as an anthro version of Jungle Emperor Leo.
>>
>>5698997
I'll be there. I have a sales booth, so you'll just have to wonder who I am when you dig through doll stuff.
>>
File: elitist doll bitches.jpg (111 KB, 550x518) Image search: [Google]
elitist doll bitches.jpg
111 KB, 550x518
>>5704806
lol sup Kayke?
>>
>>5704806
>>5704816
I think I'd actually consider buying a ready painted head from Kayke if (and only if) I was buying in person, so hey, maybe I will run into you after all.
>>
Does anyone know what hands are those on the Resinsoul 70cm body on the right? or does anyone know other similar looking hands in that size? I'd appreciate the help.
>>
>>5704816
When everyone is Kayke, does that mean that no one is Kayke and she will cease to exist?
>>
File: orly.jpg (153 KB, 444x400) Image search: [Google]
orly.jpg
153 KB, 444x400
>>5705168
She's been caught posting here before and she is a confirmed guest with a sales table. Everybody is Kayke. Kayke is eternal. Unless we get the promised Coffeepocalypse.

>>5705008
The wrist ball looks like it's a little too big for the wrist socket, but it's not a bad match.
Could it be a hand swap with the body on the left? If that's the case, gotta figure out what the left body is.
>>
>>5705274
The left body is a resinsoul 72cm Yi body. The hands also belong to it. but I specifically want the right one's hand because of the pose and size.

Nice picture btw. The genital blushing is gross though. blush the balls more beautifully next time pls.
>>
So I managed to get charcoal stains on my doll's resin due to a messy studio. Recs for cleaning it off?
>>
>>5705008
I think theyre Dollmore hands? The Large version? Idk but I bought some that look like those... 8 years ago?
>>
>>5706131
Magic eraser not working?
>>
File: GD000027_001_01.jpg (112 KB, 500x753) Image search: [Google]
GD000027_001_01.jpg
112 KB, 500x753
does anyone know who makes the girl modeling this dress?
>>
>>5706385
Not 100% sure but I think it's an Unoa Zero Marion.
Sorry for your wallet anon, they are usually not thaaat easy to get.
>>
>>5706385
Is her forehead double the size of her face, or is the wig just way too big?
>>
>>5706385
>>5706425
She's a Unoa Zero Latea
(Marion has the closed mouth)

I actually have one for sale (the whole doll, box and everything). I'm taking it to A-kon, but I'm not listing it for an appalling price, anon.

They're very rare and tough to get, so you likely won't find it for under 1K. Unoalchemy just sold 10 B-grades that all went for $980 I think.
>>
>>5706425
>>5706562
thanks for the help friends

A-kon is a long way from TN and i just got back from acen so i wouldnt have had the budget for it anyway. i ended up not even taking my girl with me this year because there wasnt even a doll panel.

thats unfortunate to hear though i guess i wont be getting her after all.
>>
Has anyone else noticed that like 90% of dolls coming up for sale on DoA are listed from Russia or china? I'm kind if nervous buying second hand stuff to begin with and that's really not helping.
>>
File: 13926343903_6e8cd287d7_o.jpg (100 KB, 670x449) Image search: [Google]
13926343903_6e8cd287d7_o.jpg
100 KB, 670x449
>>5706562
Damn, I did a quick google search and Nomyens had labeled the open mouth one Marion (http://www.nomyens.com/html/unoa_zero.html).
Just checked the Flickr group, even there people seem to mix them up.
Thanks for clarifying though.

I still would love one myself, since I like Unoas but am not a fan of MSDs, but the price really isn't great.
Not a fan of the Zero body either, maybe I get a FP someday and make a hybrid.

>>5706651
Weird, for me everyone always seems to be from the US.
But I'm from Europe, so I might be a bit influenced by that.
>>
>>5706848
Yeah, that Nomyens post has caused a loooot of confusion for people.

If you fall in love with the Zero sculpts, actual Marion is relatively easy to get, and can be hybrided with just about anything with a buff headback.

It's really only Latea and the full doll that are hard to find.
>>
File: marion1.jpg (100 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
marion1.jpg
100 KB, 500x750
>>5706883
Marion is actually a really nice sculpt. I don't know why it's not more popular. They're pretty easy to find, too.
>>
>>5706883
Unfortunately I'm more into Latea, since she's more like a grown-up Lusis.
I'm not a fan of Sist, and Marion is basically her big version.
She can be pretty, but I don't like how tightly pressed together her lips look on the blank head.
>>
>>5706930
Yeah, Latea is more popular and people tend to hang on to her. I wish you luck!

A good alternative is a Merry Doll Round Merry if you want basically a big Lusis.
>>
>>5706546
I'm glad someone else noticed how fucking weird latea head is. It's way to tall it's alien looking.
>>
File: latea.jpg (128 KB, 400x533) Image search: [Google]
latea.jpg
128 KB, 400x533
>>5706960
I dunno, it has never seemed too tall to me. Compared to the 5head on some of my volks, it's pretty damn small.
>>
File: images-1.jpg (5 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
images-1.jpg
5 KB, 194x259
>>5707058
It's the angle
>>
>>5707241
Update: Asked roommate's boyfriend for help and the face is clear now. Turns out I just needed man strength, not acetone.
>>
>>5706328
Thank you beautiful anon. They do have nice hands. I think I'll get a pair from them.
>>
Questionably on topic, sorry, but how hard is it to style Pure Neemo doll hair for beginners? I assume it can't be colored without ruining the head since it's rooted, right? They have some clothing that makes my heart hurt, but I'm not a huge fan of any of their licenses.
>>
>>5706893
Marion is my favorite Unoa sculpt of all time. Latea is cute but she looks like 80% of the other female Unoa sculpts in her expression and aesthetic, but Marion...she has a great sophisticated look.

This convo reminds me i want one.
>>
>>5707946
You can always just buy the body separate, anon. They hybrid pretty decently. Just Googling "Pure Neemo hybrid" brings up some cool mixes. Pullip and co. heads are popular, but you can also use Obitsu heads.
>>
How difficult would it be to pass a recast as legit on DoA? Obviously not as a MP item, just in the forums.

It's nearly impossible to tell the difference through photos unless the doll is in an unavailable skin tone. Plus, I don't think anyone would police people in to showing a CoA, unless it was being sold.

How would the mods/anyone else find out if the doll is never sold, has a full faceup and is fully clothed, and is in the right skin tone?
>>
>>5708658
why would you want to post it onto DOA to begin with? no one comments pictures or dolls there. you'd get more attention on tumblr or instagram to be honest.
>>
>>5708658
This sounds like you are trying to do that, anon.

There are probably quite a few "totally legit" recasts on DoA, and a lot of them will probably never be recognized as recasts.
Most people who got banned were stupid enough to post the same photos both on recast forums and DoA (Culur did so for example), which makes it easy for people to trace back.
So, if your doll looks like the real deal and you didn't out yourself the mods/anyone else won't know.

Honestly don't get this though, if you wanted a recast you should just live with the consequences.
Rules are rules.
>>
>>5708658
You bought a recast, own it. Why would you lie about it? You chose to be shitty, you don't get to pretend that you ain't.
>>
Speaking of culur, she's trying to cast her uneven as fuck doll in the next 2 months. The breasts being uneven us the only forgivable thing, but mismatched eyes and uneven shoulder heights is lazy craftsmanship
>>
>>5708760
>tfw trying to get into BJD by sculpting and then casting my own 6 inch doll from scratch and online guides

My materials are in the post, what do I need to beat for you guys not to laugh at me?
>>
>>5708784
Don't open pre-orders and try to sell it right away.
Yes, it's the buyer's fault if he still gives you money, but it makes you come across like an idiot too.

It's just normal that someone who is doing this for the first time will have some wonky parts, ill-fitting joints and whatnot.
Especially when you sculpt a BJD without even owning one.
However, even an inbred idiot can sand, so at least make sure that your doll looks polished and well finished.
There is no excuse why your badly engineered doll should also look all uneven and lumpy.
>>
>>5708807
I spent like 2 hours yesterday making sure I'd gotten the plan right, I don't plan on selling anything for a while. Especially since the 2 part resin I have is probably not ideal for dolls.

Planning on doing a dryad, which should allow me to be a little more asymmetrical and not have it look like utter shit. I also didn't know doll joints would be so interesting when I started planning and researching.
>>
>>5708784
I think there's nothing wrong with people who want to make their own dolls, it's wonderful in fact. But people like culur irritate me. "she has imperfections, it's such a good thing~" no it's not. If the shoulders on your doll are uneven in length and angle then clothing will not fit it correctly. If the eyes on your doll are uneven in position and size then eyes will not fit it correctly.
These are not imperfections, these are major anatomy flaws that will prove to be the downfall of this doll.
Remember you're going to be competing with a hundred companies, make sure your work is on the same level as their work.
>>
>>5708814
I agree with your viewpoint, an imperfection is fine, and obviously expected from time to time, but it should be something you're not making excuses for, unless your explanation for it is "Yeah I fucked that up, gonna do better on the next try."

Often people have messed up priorities, where they expect to get recognition for something immediately, rather that accrue "That's much better than your last one" over time.
>>
>>5708825
That's what's so dangerous about it. They demand praise for something that, in all honesty, doesn't deserve it. God forbid you tell them that, suddenly you're a bully which gets you attacked by their fans. What happened to being able to give constructive critisism to someone?
>>
>>5708858

>What happened to being able to give constructive critisism to someone?

The Internet happened anon. For every one person you get offering legit helpful criticism you get 10 hiding behind anonymity shouting "that looks like shit!" And "get gud scrub lol"

People always try to pull the 'art school is harsh, learn to accept critisism' card, but could you imagine an art school that allowed other students to shout whatever retarded shit pops into their minds at all times?
>>
>>5709496
Well have you tried not being shit
>>
>>5706562
That's pretty rad. I'll be swinging by to look at her, but she's not in my budget this year. More of an "omg omg I get to see one in person!" Thing.

>>5709496
Eh, a problem I keep seeing, even when not anon, is people cannot handle criticism -at all-. I get what you're saying, though. Even though an anon gave Kayke some criticism that was reasonable (you're talented, but only when you don't rush, etc.) she took it as a horrible personal attack and wanted to think she was the only one right because she has an art degree. And now I'll get to see that lumpy abomination firsthand tomorrow.
>>
>>5709847
Seconding this; tumblr specifically breeds this idea that criticism of any kind is bad. They'd rather hear, "Oh wow, this looks so good!" about an uneven, half-finished doll, when in reality, they'd get more constructive feedback from some rando going, "Check ur anatomy bruh, get gud scrub."

While it definitely isn't the best, most considerate way to say it, at least in the second comment, they'd know to look for something to improve on.
>>
A-Kon anons, please be mindful of the weather. If your doll cannot be covered, reconsider bringing it. It's raining like a motherfucker. Also, don't bring more dolls than you can handle. The entire outside area of the hotel (this includes courtyard, sculpture area, that one thing next to the dealer room everyone had their picnics at) is closed for construction. This means all attendees will be inside at the same time. The Anatole can hardly hold everyone on a normal year. My last note is to bring a sweater. I'm so cold. Why is it so fucking cold?

See you there!
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3024x4032) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3024x4032
>>5706562
Damn, I love her! I hope someone realizes just what you've got on that table. My first time seeing her and the chibis and I have to say I am super tempted to grab one in the future.

You had quite a swarm, so pix weren't easy to get. Most of those prepainted faceplates were awesome.
>>
Anyone going to AwesomeCon?
>>
>>5709847
Post pics when you do.
>>
>>5711053
Damn anon, making me wish I went this year.. but bills come first. Goodbye little dolly dreams, see you in a year.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>>5711088
In all honesty, Kayke's booth looked nice and fit her style. She had different Coffees up for display, but they are definitely not my cup of tea. One of them literally looked like she made out with a pot of red glitter, but it's the sort of thing we expected. The resin quality looks rather nice! Haru did a fantastic job fixing what he could.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>>5711088
She also had some other dolls she had customized in the lineup.

>>5711255
Yeah, that shit is understandable. Good news is programming seems to be improving every year. The venue for Dollakon was moved over to the other side of the Tower elevators. With the courtyard being closed, there's still quite a bit of traffic. But hey. It's already looking good for next year!
>>
>>5711491

Did she actually sell any of that shit.
>>
File: 003.jpg (104 KB, 750x687) Image search: [Google]
003.jpg
104 KB, 750x687
Sooah boy anon here. Got a shipping notice for the withdoll body I plan to use, really anxious to see if it will work. In the mean time, one of his clothes orders came in today. From swdoll.com The jacket had a ton of loose threads and is kind of wrinkled, I can't tell if I will like it until I put it on a body. The boots I really like, hoping they won't be too ridiculously clown big. And the sunglasses I'm really happy with too. Came in a little plastic case with a cleaning cloth.

Hurrr, I love being excited over doll shit for once.
>>
>>5711491
I dont know shit about this person, but second from the left is really pretty
>>
>>5711491
EWWWWWWW they look so disgusting. WTF who buys this shit?
>>
>>5711536
For what it's worth, the dolls she did faceups on but didn't sculpt looked really nice.
>>
>>5711542
Yeah, I got a shipping notification today for an order I made in February. Pretty excited!
>>
>>5711491
The hollowness of the face bothers me most. No cheeks whatsoever. Looks like a malnourished horse. The far left confuses me a bit though. Lumpy looking thighs and weird midsection. And the vitiligo one just really looks like she started casting and then realized she didn't have enough light resin and just continued.
>>
File: tumblr_o86kgxLyH71rascg6o3_1280.jpg (812 KB, 937x1656) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o86kgxLyH71rascg6o3_1280.jpg
812 KB, 937x1656
ey honey i'll suck your dick, only $5 Don't worry momma's clean.
>>
File: kaykefix.jpg (193 KB, 937x1656) Image search: [Google]
kaykefix.jpg
193 KB, 937x1656
>>5711813
my attempt to make it look less like a half starved crack whore with a barely healed glasgow smile.
>>
>>5711831
phew, that is SO much better. I don't like those wiggly whispy eyebrows and the eye make is so heavy. I really wonder what this doll would look like with a nice, polished, classic BJD faceup.
>>
>>5711813
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH Love you anon!
That was my exact thoughts when I saw those dolls.
>>
>>5712092
I saw it on my tumblr dash and I was just horrified.

>>5711831
Amazing!

>>5711904
Same, like, anon did a great job rescuing the sculpt but there's not a lot to be done with that drag queen makeup.
>>
This poor doll. Monster high clothes, and a marker tattoo? why
>>
>>5711813
Am I the only one seeing the random globs of misplaced glitter? Like I know its craft herpes and never comes off skin but its actually really goddamn easy to pick up off a faceup if you have a soft rubber eraser or some spare eye putty handy.
>>
>>5711831
Excellent job Anon. I think the eyes are too close together though, could you try to fix those too?
>>
Does anyone know if the Feeple60 Lunnula will be available in tan any time soon?
I'm not very familiar with Fairyland but I know there are a lot of FL whores here. Please help.
>>
>>5711831
It's cute, and while I don't like what Kayke did with the face either, a bit boring too.
Kayke probably tried to aim for something like Iplehouse did with their Rania, the lips are just too duck-like and she lacks some chin and jawbone.
She also managed to hid a lot of the flaws with her face-up, still doesn't hide that there is something off with the face.
>>
>>5712239
Isn't that a limited edition and expensive doll?????
>>
>>5711831

This just makes it look like a unoa with heavy make up. I liked it better before, at least it wasn't generic pretty.

>inb4 I'm accused of being kayke because nobody could possibly like something I don't like
>>
>>5713091
Idk what it is but any time I see shitty cheap effort put into a not-normally-cheap doll I assume it's a recast
>>
File: lilycat.jpg (157 KB, 655x983) Image search: [Google]
lilycat.jpg
157 KB, 655x983
>>5713195
looks absolutely nothing like a unoa. if anything it looks like a lilycat knockoff
>>
>>5713195
Eh, I see it. It's the half sphere face with all the features in the middle. Like a Roran.
>>
>>5712285
Nah, that's her signature style. She likes the gaudy look.

>>5712821
I actually preferred the other faceplate she was working on, had kind of a cutesy Atelier Momoni vibe. Coffee is kinda ehhhhh. Looks better in person than photos, but people threw money at Kayke during prototypes for her, so hopefully someone will like her end result.
>>
>>5713195
I want to say she wanted compatibility between Coffee and Unoas faceplate wise. Not sure if that actually happened.
>>
>>5713230
>those thighs

Too bad there are no Wakfu/Dofus dolls
>>
File: enaibi.jpg (1 MB, 1200x2194) Image search: [Google]
enaibi.jpg
1 MB, 1200x2194
>>5713569
enaibi actually works on wakfu, not sure if she is just a grunt or an actual character designer or what, but many of her dolls have that big hipped big legged look
>>
File: My little Hooker.jpg (93 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
My little Hooker.jpg
93 KB, 375x500
>>5711491
They actually look like what Bratz dolls grow up to be - with a few botched lip jobs, a crippling heroin addiction and a full time job walking the streets.

I actually didn't mind the sculpt, I think it would look kind of nice like a stylized Angelina Jolie if it had a more conventional faceup. I just have a different taste to Kayke I suppose.
>>
>>5712239
Actually, that dress looks pretty good. Would be nicer if the fabric wasn't thin and shiny but the cut suits the doll. That faceup is a crime tho.
>>
File: Sagittarius.jpg (69 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
Sagittarius.jpg
69 KB, 640x960
Hey guys, is Angell-Studio shit? I want this doll but I am having trouble figuring out the website.
>>
>>5711813
what dhat mouf do
>>
>>5713727
mintoncard carries angellstudio if you want an easier to understand website
>>
>>5713727
It's not shit.
Idk how that's related to you having trouble with the website, but it's one of the better-quality Chinese companies (it was one of the first "good" ones, way back in the day.)
>>
>>5713727
Not shit. I am seriously considering one. Sagittarius's eyes are so pretty but not sold separately. I'm more of a fan of their larger dolls.
>>
>>5714173
I think there's a company that makes really nice animetic eyes in a similar style, they might be named...vanilla something or...something fancy like that idk. They're Japanese and a pain to order from and I think the eyes are resin? Someone here probably knows what I'm talking about.
>>
>>5714116
>>5714173
Not shit. I'll pick one up then. Thanks anons!
>>
File: tumblr_mhckrz78kp1r9q9nwo1_.jpg (148 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mhckrz78kp1r9q9nwo1_.jpg
148 KB, 640x427
>>5714647
Just be prepared for long wait times.
Their customer service is good though and they are very helpful.
It's just that a lot of chinese companies are nowadays slow as fuck.

Finally decided to sell one of my grail heads.
Wanted this one for years, had him for nearly one now and it just didn't work out.
Am torn now between keeping him, because he's hard to get, or selling him because I can't seem to love him anyway.
Fucking sucks.
(pic not related)
>>
>>5713727
>>5714647
I'm getting her too, she's adorable. This will be my first Angell Studio doll too (and my first fullset). This is all your fault /toy/. I fell in love last thread when someone posted her picture.

Anyone have an estimate for their wait time if I finish paying the layaway in September?
>>
File: image.png (723 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
723 KB, 640x1136
Do I dare??

I really want Ante but, and I don't want to to hear it, I'm not trying to pay $200 for her..

Anyone purchase dolls from alliexpress before??
>>
>>5716590
That's a shitty recast. If you want the real deal be prepared to pay.
>>
>>5716590
I've been planning on getting a doll from aliexpress. The one I looked at had picture reviews and it looked pretty decent. I know it's a shit thing to do, and I expect pretty bad quality, but I don't really care
>>
>>5716590
at least by from a known recaster that people have bought from and reviewed if youre going to go down that road for christs sake
>>
>>5716590

That looks like luo's email and if it's his shop you should be alright. I've ordered from him and the recast is almost the same quality as a fairyland original.
>>
>>5716840
What's the appeal in buying something you know (or at least assume) isn't going to be well made?
>>
>>5717178
Saving $150+
>>
>>5717248

Plus shorter wait times as well.
>>
so my order from withdoll changed to "shipping" with a tracking number last Wednesday, but here we are on Monday and the tracking still doesn't work at all. Did they not even ship it yet or did they give me the wrong tracking number? I finally left a comment on their Q&A this morning. First time something like this has happened with a doll order and I've had around 15 or so dolls over the years, plus clothes orders.
>>
>>5716590
I've been so tempted by the cheap dolls, but damn I don't wanna join the entitled asshat club :/
>>
File: 1413441459787.gif (1 MB, 515x404) Image search: [Google]
1413441459787.gif
1 MB, 515x404
>>5717359
Just don't tell anyone about it
>>
File: 2016-06-06_01-39-06.jpg (475 KB, 900x992) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-06_01-39-06.jpg
475 KB, 900x992
Anybody here know if any of the other narae heads fit on artbimong's meronica body? I love everything about that doll except for the teeny tiny ass head.
>>
>>5717399
are there any dolls that have knees that don't look like shit when kneeling
>>
>>5716590
Actually, I've bought this exact doll from this seller. Resin quality good, there's an almost in perceptible amount of detail missing on the left side and the left hip sits ever so slightly off, but otherwise it's QA is on par with Fairyland's. My only real recommendation is to have them do the face up, because the chubby cheeks make it a real bitch, and getting a face up from a recast-friendly artist means scalper prices.
>>
>>5717178
Don't get it either, every cent spent on a fake is a cent too much.
It's not like a recast is five bucks, and no matter how much you pay you still just get a fake.

>>5717464
>and getting a face up from a recast-friendly artist means scalper prices.

Anything but free is already too much for you cheap fuckers, hm?
>>
>>5717464
yes, PLEASE get a faceup from them. It makes recasts much easier to spot.

For real, I can spot those faceups a mile off. Please continue.
>>
>>5717512
Serious question:
how to do you know you spot all the recast face ups? If you're missing them, how would you know?
>>
>>5717464
>My only real recommendation is to have them do the face up
I was actually planning on doing the face up myself, partly why I wanna get it so cheap. Never tried doing a face up on a doll, if I'm gonna accidentely ruin it, better if it's cheap
If you're getting a face up from then I feel like it would be really bad
>>
How do you feel about recasts of dolls that are out of production?
>>
>>5717602
Still gives money to people who will recast anything and everything.
>>
File: 200w.gif (561 KB, 200x112) Image search: [Google]
200w.gif
561 KB, 200x112
>>5717595
If you are gonna buy a doll to practice faceups then buy a practice head? Either msd or sd, as it is the easiest size to start with not a yosd
>>
>>5717595
Dude, PKFs are small, smaller than your average YoSD.
They are probably the last to practice anything on for the first time.

Seriously, you can get legit SD sized heads for 25$ + shipping.
No harm done, you don't have some shitty recast at home, it's cheaper and bigger too.
>>
>>5717669
>If you are gonna buy a doll to practice faceups then buy a practice head?

I feel like everyone in the doll hobby adds questions marks to sentences that aren't questions?
>>
>>5717590
Oh, I probably miss a few, but combined with all the other telltale signs of recasts (waxy resin, translucence in dolls that shouldn't have it, janky lips, etc) those recast faceups pretty much shout I AM A RECAST from a long way away.
>>
>>5717669
Unoa faceplates are 45 shipped, are legit, have good resale value, and are generally going to look good no matter what because they are nice sculpts. Then you can hybrid them onto a ton of cheap bodies, all without having to get a recast to "practice" faceups.
>>
>>5717393
I get my jollies from sharing and meetups, though. I'd always be reminded that I'm no better than a spoiled tween, and I don't think I could live with that.
>>
>>5717769
Diff anon, got an example to post? I'm genuinely curious since I suspect most of the local group to have recasts. Makes me a little uneasy when it comes to transactions or even just posting group photos online.
>>
>>5717464

Thanks anon, it's not like I'd go to any doll meet ups anyways. Y'all are weirdos and probz unattractive..so yea. It'll just sit in my own doll collection at home.

>>5717595
Why're you trying to pretend to be me??
>>
>>5717669
This. Alice Collections has some practice heads for cheap right now. One is $20 and the other is $25, and they'd be legit doll head sculpts.
>>
I just got back into the hobby after a two year hiatus via buying two wigs for two dolls I never did anything with before going into dolly hibernation.

After a month in shipping limbo, turns out the wigs ~*~ran small~*~ and don't fit any of my 7''-8'' doll heads, let alone the two dolls they were meant for.

I asked the seller if they accidentally sent me two 6''-7'' wigs, and apparently that wasn't the case.

I remember why I ragequit this hobby so long ago. I shouldn't have to wait months and spend assloads of money to receive shit that won't work as advertised and that I immediately need to try to sell for 1/3 the price, if I'm lucky.

Goodbye again, BJD hobby. I am so done with this shit.
>>
>>5717767
It's??? a passive aggressive???? tumblr thing???????
>>
>>5718723
Damn, sorry about that anon. If you don't mind me asking, who did your purchase from? Maybe some of us can offer wig sellers we're a fan of, and more importantly, who to steer clear from as well.
>>
>>5718066
I'll admit I look like a potato, but at least my dolls look nice!

>>5718723
It seems like a silly reason to rage quit the hobby. It is frustrating as hell, I'll admit. What company was it? Were the wigs modeled on MNF/Unoa/other slim Mini with heads that are actually 6-7" and the seller was too derp to know that? It may also depend on what kind of wig it is, too.
Either way, gonna need more details.

>>5718765
More like a safeguard in place if they're wrong. Many times it has that P/A tone to it. If they get called on their shit, they would be able to justify it by saying they weren't sure.
... At least that's how I keep interpreting it as.
>>
>>5717595
you cant ruin a fucking doll by doing a faceup unless you aren't using the right materials on it. every faceup can be wiped off without a trace as long as it was sealed before you started.

then again if you plan to get a recast then you probably aren't going to spend the money required to get the proper faceup painting materials either so what fucking ever. have fun with your cheap ugly crap anon.
>>
>>5718765
I thought it's supposed to signify confusion???
Like I've been doing it since I learned to type and I always mean I'm either very confused or unsure? And nothing else? What the fuck????

No seriously should I be worried when people do this shit while replying to me?
>>
>>5719298
'Yes?'
>>
http://en.rocketnews24.com/2016/06/06/star-of-studio-ghiblis-kikis-delivery-service-now-comes-as-a-doll-with-four-cute-accessories/

I want it
>>
>>5717669
>>5717773
>>5718418
Thanks, I actually hadn't thought about that. Definitely do a bit more research into that
>>5717748
The one I wanted to get wasn't the same one as the other anon posted.
I weas looking at this one:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-1-4-doll-MiniFee-mirwen-BJD-DOLL-SD-t-PM/32290468182.html?spm=2114.13010308.0.76.wNSTzw
Thanks for the advice though!
>>5718066
>Why're you trying to pretend to be me??
lol what?
I'm >>5716840 , I wasn't pretending to be you
>>5719259
True, I'd still be a lot more paranoid if I got something more expensive though
Also, if I'm just practicing, I'd rather spend a lot on the materials then on the head.
>have fun with your cheap ugly crap anon
Thanks <3
>>
I have a Kikipop in the mail and I think that's pretty cool.
>>
>>5718066
Weirdo is spot on lol but at least I can afford to support the artists. I hope one day you have a change of heart and go legit too.

Recasts are bad mmmmmmkay
>>
>>5718723
Can't you measure the inside cap of the wig? If it is less than 7 inches thise wigs were falsely advertised and you should 100% get your money back.
>>
>>5719485

Jesus anti recast people are obnoxious.
>>
https://youtu.be/79GXYMqq6gQ

Oh wow this chick
>>
>>5719581
'I'm a bit random today' oh dear
>>
>>5719581
This bitch must have eaten a bag full of shrooms before filming...
>>
>>5719581
Crazy bitches like her ruin this hobby (or any hobby) Why does this hobby attract so many people with mental retardation?
>>
File: seensomeshit.jpg (403 KB, 1089x1024) Image search: [Google]
seensomeshit.jpg
403 KB, 1089x1024
>>5719581
she's way too old to be acting like that. ouch.
>>
>>5719470
Enjoy! I have a Kikipop and she's so adorable. You won't be disappointed in her.

>>5719576
Jesus pro recast people are morally bankrupt.
>>
>>5719581
It got a laugh out of me. Not sure if it was a terrified laugh or an actual laugh, but there was a laugh.

Do you guys have any tips for sewing doll clothes on a machine? I was sewing some clothes for my Picco Neemo by hand. They came out alright, but sort of meh as far as stitchwork goes. One wonky stitch really shows on 1/12 scale. While my machine actually produces straight stitches, it likes to do this thing where it eats the clothes.
>>
>>5720591
Just git gud at hand stitching. It's not even hard. wtf
>>
>>5720591
Invest in a lot of tear-away stabilizer!
>>
>>5720673
But its sloooow, also hard to get perfect pro-looking topstitching with hand sewing.

>>5720684
Seconded, stabilizer is your best friend when you sew tiny shit. Also use a straight-stitching foot.
>>
>>5720064
right??
>>
>>5720591
My major tips for sewing so tiny is to have nippers instead of scissors because they're better for clipping tiny seams, fray check the hell out of every goddamn thing before sewing, practice your handstitching because no way around it you're going to have to sometimes, and tear away stabilizer for anything. Just order that bitch in bulk. Ive used the thin newsprint-ish paper that supermarket ads come on in a pinch, but its not ideal and will dull your needle after a while.

Also if you aren't aware there's a special Dolly Dolly Coordinate book that has Picco Neemo patterns, I think they're the M size. Obviously its in Japanese but Ive had no issues so far between the pictures and occasionally using the google translate app.
>>
>>5717767
Are you the same anon who already complained about that a few threads ago?

No clue why you, and some others, are so dense about this.
It's supposed to mimic the way you raise your voice at the end of a sentence.
Usually to imply you are not 100% sure about what you just said; also works for sarcasm or "questions" you don't expect an answer for.
In writing this works best through using a question mark.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_rising_terminal

The passive aggressive Tumblr ???? is something different though.
>>
>>5721364
"Uptalking" (raising voice at the end of a sentence), vocal fry, and the use of the phrase "yeah, no" are plaques upon this society. These meaningless "ticks" lead to nothing but word-infused vomit spilling out of the mouths of everyone under the age of 35.

And YOU are part of the problem.
>>
File: tumblr_o6zf7bccsm1vqvn5mo1_540.jpg (93 KB, 540x810) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6zf7bccsm1vqvn5mo1_540.jpg
93 KB, 540x810
Less discussion about stupid shit people do with English and more doll shit.
>>
File: tumblr_o58ty8eWko1us7eqbo1_540.jpg (83 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o58ty8eWko1us7eqbo1_540.jpg
83 KB, 540x720
Pic not related, but Kayke's going nutters again. She's got a rash and is doing the amazon list begging thing.
>>
>>5721488
English isn't even my first language, and in my native one "uptalking" is actually pretty uncommon.
No clue how I am a part of the problem then, especially when I just explained the reason why people use ? for sentences that aren't straight questions.
>>
>>5721488
Shut up no one cares
>>
>>5721552
Could have lived without seeing the pictures of her at the hospital.

I also don't get why she needs to mod all the Coffees.
What the fuck did she do?
>>
>>5721488
No one cares about your anti-young people whining. Shut up, sit down, get used to it.

Also
>plaques
>>
>>5721488
Shut the fuck up you retarded old fart. no one cares.
>>
File: 2cuties.jpg (188 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
2cuties.jpg
188 KB, 800x600
>>5722200
>>5722147

Kids these days I'm tellin' ya
>>
File: image.png (773 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.png
773 KB, 1000x1000
Anyone know when snow miku will ship out from volks international? Can I believe 'end June' or will it be more like August?
>>
File: tumblr_o88bi9sYJz1rf91hbo2_1280.jpg (220 KB, 848x1200) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o88bi9sYJz1rf91hbo2_1280.jpg
220 KB, 848x1200
>>5697867
Does anyone here that likes picco neemo know when they usually list this month's new outfits for pre-order?
>>
>>5721574
>I also don't get why she needs to mod all the Coffees.
Wait what? I don't see any posts like that...could have done without seeing her saggy underboob in that rash post though jesus.
>>
>>5723254
Same post.
>>
>>5723254
Don't follow her blog or know anything about her but I just knew she was a fatass
>>
>>5723137
Oh jesus, the one with green hair. I need that. Any info?
>>
File: DSCF4980.jpg (170 KB, 679x1051) Image search: [Google]
DSCF4980.jpg
170 KB, 679x1051
>>
File: DSCF4982.jpg (165 KB, 783x1175) Image search: [Google]
DSCF4982.jpg
165 KB, 783x1175
>>5726150
>>
File: DSCF4984.jpg (213 KB, 816x1060) Image search: [Google]
DSCF4984.jpg
213 KB, 816x1060
>>5726154
>>
File: DSCF4983.jpg (130 KB, 783x811) Image search: [Google]
DSCF4983.jpg
130 KB, 783x811
>>5726157
>>
File: DSCF4987.jpg (128 KB, 1273x535) Image search: [Google]
DSCF4987.jpg
128 KB, 1273x535
>>5726159
>>
>>5726150
>>5726154
>>5726157
>>5726159
Suuuppppaaaa Kawaii Desuuuu
Love their outfits.
>>
You've got to be fucking kidding me.
>>
File: tumblr_nxdmr4qhEt1ul4mdso1_540.jpg (142 KB, 540x810) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxdmr4qhEt1ul4mdso1_540.jpg
142 KB, 540x810
It's been pretty quiet, fellow dollfags. Anyone have any cool project they're working on?

Too many projects, too little time.
>>
>>5728062
True, where is everyone?

I'm currently working hard to finish some commissions so I can finally work on some of my dolls, totally guilt-free.
Too many of them had to stay blank.
Took me a few years, no waitlist for the future anymore, just slots.
>>
File: DSCF5009.jpg (422 KB, 752x968) Image search: [Google]
DSCF5009.jpg
422 KB, 752x968
Here thread, have a pic of office-senpai-san-sama-chan
>>
Eh I keep up with this thread and post text but I'm reluctant to say anything about my own dolls. Seems like a good way to be called out and lose business/rep by being traced back to 4chan.
>>
File: IMG_20160611_193851.jpg (972 KB, 1024x1864) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160611_193851.jpg
972 KB, 1024x1864
>>5728062
>>5728062
A work in progress, but I found this neat lantern for my Lipu and added lights and some stuff I've collected over the years
>>
>>5728214
Same here, anon. I mostly lurk and make occasional comments, but I can't bring myself to post any of my dolls or projects.

My following isn't big, but I know some of the pissbabies on tumblr will block you or smear you just for being on 4chan, and I'd rather not lose the few followers I do have.
>>
File: 005.jpg (131 KB, 640x964) Image search: [Google]
005.jpg
131 KB, 640x964
>>5728062
Got my sooah's body in today. A little frazzled that despite all the resin comparisons I've seen showing withdoll being darker than fairyland, the body I got is much lighter than I was expecting. So I'm going to have to try the blush the head lighter, and I might spray the neck with msc and blush it peachier. But at least now I know what I'm working with and can finally move forward and paint his faceup.
>>
>>5728062
I'm working on some wigs right now but I'm too fucking lazy to start the process of prepping the hair.

Making wigs is fun as hell, but doing all the prep kills half of the joy. I wish alpaca hair didn't cost an arm and a leg prepped. I need to stop being a peasant.
>>
>>5728062
I'm completely reorganizing my rooms and getting all my art supplies consolidated. I'm going away for a bit this summer and hope to get some of my smaller more portable projects finished before working on my bigger things.
>>
>>5728262
from what I have experienced, impldoll matched almost perfectly. And as meh of a company as they are, their bodies are actually pretty decent. Albeit a little shiny.

Does anyone know how long it takes volks store to restock ZM Finishing Spray? I don't want to settle for MSC since I don't like it as much...
>>
File: 634864.jpg (160 KB, 1070x712) Image search: [Google]
634864.jpg
160 KB, 1070x712
>>5728214
Same.
I'm not even worried about people reading what I write (since I'm usually answering questions and posting nice pictures I found/behave nicely even when I'm anon).
I'm worried about people thinking some of the rude/fucked up posts were written by me even though it was a different person.

And I know some of my customers think being on 4chan = basically being Hitler.
Can't risk that, so I'm stuck with posting photos from other people.
>>
>>5722646
Nobody? I've been spamming you guys with photos of her for 17 months now, I am a little excited
>>
File: tumblr_lz303h6ym81qemer2o1_.jpg (306 KB, 565x755) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lz303h6ym81qemer2o1_.jpg
306 KB, 565x755
>>5729352
I assume nobody here works with Volks, we know as much as you do anon.
>>
File: FAL_Hippogriff_Rus04.jpg (411 KB, 800x1202) Image search: [Google]
FAL_Hippogriff_Rus04.jpg
411 KB, 800x1202
Anyone looking at getting the new hippogriffs or any of the re-released Realfees from Fairyland this go-around?

I'm the same anon who regretted not getting Mari in mint, so I'm probably gonna cave and get her in violet, then possibly try and find some rabbit legs for her.
>>
Does anyone here know if recasters will sell parts separately? I have a soom supergem Amber from free choice event and both of her elbow pieces have snapped from being cast to thin. I emailed soom but they won't sell me a new elbow piece despite this clearly being a design flaw as the elbows are paper thin.
>>
>>5729574

I'm surprised that Soom told you to fuck off, my brown tan Beryl broke her upper arm a while ago (resin was crazily thin too, nearly see through) and they not only sold me a new arm but also matched it to her skintone.
>>
>>5729592

They werent rude or anything they just said they didn't have that part anymore so sorry. I'm not the dolls first owner either even though I have the CoA.

I'm looking into apoxie right now and apparently aves just came out with a bunch of new colors so I may just order some of that in flesh tone and try to make a repair.
>>
File: PhotoEditor-1465756263267.jpg (22 KB, 437x244) Image search: [Google]
PhotoEditor-1465756263267.jpg
22 KB, 437x244
>>5729635

Also if anyone was wondering what parts snapped it was these shitty little elbow caps I circled here ( not my doll picture) they are so thin you can see light through them. I can't believe more people don't mention these when discussion soom bodies.
>>
>>5729574
Yes, anon. They do.

Contact S/L and ask. They're usually very accommodating.
>>
>>5729664
This is why im passing on soom bodies. fuuuck that noise.
>>
>>5730111
>>5730111

Apperently the first supergem body didn't have this problem and was perfectly solid it's only when they 'fixed' it in 2012 that they gave it ultra thin elbow caps and ankle pieces. I have no idea why they though this design was so much better. It doesn't look better, no poseability improvements and is delicate as fuck.

It's a legitimate miracle that you don't see more soom bodies with this design broken on the MP.
>>
>>5728062
I'm wrapping up a swap. I fucked up a component of the main piece because screenprinting at doll size is shit. I can't find a good way of finishing seams at 1/6 without fucking the drape all to hell. My machine decided that the bottom tension should be permanently at 11, so I'm hand sewing and so ready for this shit to be done.
>>
Fucking hell, I hate selling dolls.

Why won't this piece of shit sell? I have it at a completely reasonable price and nobody fucking wants it.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 78

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.