[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>buy MOC figure on eBay >seller ships it in a box way too
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 10
File: rnfuctysi.png (34 KB, 730x290) Image search: [Google]
rnfuctysi.png
34 KB, 730x290
>buy MOC figure on eBay
>seller ships it in a box way too small, bending card just to fit it in

This should warrant at least an automatic neutral feedback, if not negative. There is no excuse for sellers to do that. They practically damaged it to fit it in the box.
>>
File: file.jpg (9 KB, 107x26) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
9 KB, 107x26
>>
>>5689247
>Buy figure from BST
>Guy ships it loose in an envelope.

This is why I don't buy from either /toy/ or facebook BSTs much anymore. It's been the case in about 80% of my purchases.

Get a damn box, people.
>>
>eBay marked item as shipped
>seller just printed postage label through eBay
>seller doesn't give package to post office for another 3-5 days.

If a seller can only send one or two days a week, I understand, but that should be stated up front in item descriptions. 90% of sellers do not state their handling times.

>item averages $10-$15 shipped
>half the sellers who have that item insist on keeping their prices at $50-$100 despite what other sellers charge

Look, you might think your item is valuable and that "someone will eventually pay it" but when the copies that do sell are worthless, you will never sell yours for big bucks. Amazon sellers are actually worse about this than eBay sellers.

>make offer on item
>seller counter-offers with a price 25 cents below initial asking

I know some jackasses are dumb enough to offer 40% of the asking price, but if the item is $100 and I offer $95 and they do that, I get the impression the seller is a jerk and buy from someone else.
>>
>>5689247
>wanting MOC
You deserved it.
>>
>>5689353
>seller doesn't give package to post office for another 3-5 days.
This has become an annoyance of mine. They marked it shipped and then don't drop it off in the mail for a fucking week.

>>5689353
>seller counter-offers with a price 25 cents below initial asking
I've had people flat out refuse to send a counter-offer anymore. Why offering Best Offer if you're not going to take one?

But of all the problems, Amazon has been a bit stupid lately.
>Order MoC Cthulhu new, ships in an envelope like a DVD single.
Arrived totally trashed. Returned, Amazon paid shipping.
>Order 3 different older Amazon Prime action figures which were add-on items for cheap. All new.
First was a McFarlane completely opened and scotched taped back onto card. Big Box used, though. Returned, as it was missing things.

Second was perfect, even used a box the correct size for those old Image Comics massive card backs. Kept.

Third was a Playmates figure bent and crushed into the box. Amazon gave me a refund without question.

So far Amazon is easier to use lately, especially with Prime shipping, than eBay has been.
As much as I
>>
>>5689393
>my opinion was clearly asked

where?
>>
>>5689425
>Why offering Best Offer if you're not going to take one?

eBay seems to be forcing it as an option, every time you manually relist it's checked by default. They also beg you to add it when you first list, and again you have to manually uncheck the box. I bet a lot of sellers don't even notice it's checked anymore.
>>
>seller charges $15 postage
>sends either Media Mail or Fedex Smartpost which costs 1/3 that

>seller refuses to do combined shipping on multiple items
>>
>>5689446
>opinions need to be solicited on 4chan
This isn't your safespace.
>>
>>5691600
this isn't your personal blog, either. Your opinion isn't worth a damn.
>>
>>5691636
Yes, because expressing an opinion on a topic related to the thread and the board is blogging.
>>
>>5691652
>you hurt muh feelings

I don't give a fuck.

>topic related

no one gives a shit about your need to open every fucking toy. The topic of this thread is eBay seller incompetence, not your hate of MOC figures.
>>
>>5691661
>I don't give a fuck
Sure thing, bro.
>>
>>5689247
>buy MOC

Sorry OP, I didn't read anything after that, because I just assumed the rest was you greentexting about how retarded you are.
>>
>>5689393
Fuck off babby.
>>
>>5689456
And it's always such a bitch to uncheck because it doesn't register clicks correctly.

But more to the point, eBay users are such lowballing poorfags that they're not even worth responding to. There is asking for a couple of bucks off and there is flying into a rage at not getting 75% off plus free shipping.
>>
>>5691863
>eBay users are such lowballing poorfags

On the contrary, if something I want is overpriced I will usually ask the seller if they're willing to negotiate.

I recently got something for $50 down from $60 simply because I asked the seller in a non-begging manner and offered to pay them directly via Paypal so they wouldn't take a hit on listing fees.
>>
>>5691863
To be fair for every retard offering 20% of asking price there's some retard listing something at %400 it's actual value. And apparently ebay isn't even the worst at this, every time I search for something at zenmarket there's like 10 listings at $800 for a recently released $60 figure.
>>
>>5691852
Take back your (You).
>>
>>5689247

I'm not a super hardcore, professional seller, but I have well over 1,000 feedback now. In this age of ""omg muh customer satisfaction, not as described, etc"", it was beyond stupid of them to do this. They're just asking for a headache down the road.
>>
>>5691668
>>5691758
>>5689393

there are meds for autism these days, go take some.
>>
>>5691885
>there's like 10 listings at $800 for a recently released $60 figure.

This always makes me think they're listed in the hopes that some super rich kid is going to say 'fuck it, I want this toy' and drop 10x the MSRP just for convenience of getting it without having to scroll down the page for a better deal.
>>
>>5691914

I really doubt that could pay off very often, as many people on eBay who are poorfags, cheap and entitled (I want this new thing for 75% off!), or will put an item on "watch" and then never bid.

More likely, it will remain one of life's great mysteries.
>>
>>5691914
I've seen eBay sellers that will price a common thing super high then put it on sale to about normal price levels. I guess their angle is that they think someone will see it, notice the regular price and believe they're getting some tremendous bargain because it's on sale.
>>
>>5691900
Unless you mean euthanasia I don't think that's true.
>>
>>5691885
Some of those marketplaces are so far off the beaten path that they have just as much (little?) chance of selling no matter what the posted price is.

Personally, I'd sell everything 10% cheaper if people would pay a Square or Stripe invoice. But nobody will budge from all-Paypal-all-the-time for anything.
>>
File: firstworld.jpg (106 KB, 1916x1073) Image search: [Google]
firstworld.jpg
106 KB, 1916x1073
>>5689393
>being upset because people keep toys in the package
>>
>>5692155
>oh no the box is bwoke!
>>
>>5692155
>first world problems
You realize you're on a board for complaining about toys right?
>>
>>5692242
>oh no someone isn't doing it the way I prefer
>>
>>5689247
Always leave negative feedback instead of "neutral". Neutral feedback is just a half-assed negative that makes the buyer look like an idiot.
>>
File: 084.png (298 KB, 600x512) Image search: [Google]
084.png
298 KB, 600x512
>see a figure I want while browsing
>seller has less than 20 feedback, not 100% positive
>click on his profile to see what the negative was for
>"Great seller, fast shipping, no issues, thanks! :)"
>>
>>5692242
Ohhh no generic box #33 has a slight crease in it, I want a discount because I'm a MOCfag. I make it a point to bend every ML/BS cards I come across
>>
>>5692306
Poor guy got his percentage wrecked because of one retard who couldn't click the right box. This is why everyone should actually read the feedback comments.

>>5692410
1/10 Nice try kiddo
>>
>>5692526
What do you mean "nice try" I hate MOCfags and since I open my shit I've got no problem bending the cards or crunching in the plastic bubble. You guys complain over every minute imperfection on a completely generic fucking card/package, so I do my part by fucking up the package just enough for you to look at it and actually debate whether or not you want that Ahsoka bad enough to where you'll take that bent up box.
>>
>>5692545
>>5692410

and I thought the fucktards over on /pol/ were mentally ill
>>
>>5692545
>since I open my shit
>everyone else should open it too
>I mainly buy My Little Pony

That explains it, you're gay.
>>
>>5692545
I'm glad Mandy are MISB-fags, though.
Last week I was looking for a vintage Armor Flamedramon and the two offers were a MISB for about 8000 yen and another for 2500 yen. The only difference was that the 2500 one had a slightly torn box, but the figure was in the same condition as the 8000 one.
>>
>>5692579
but I want my toy loose so I can save money, so what if it's probably had paint scraped off or parts lost! Mommy only gives me so much a week!

>damaging merchandise packages in a store

Yeah good luck either getting thrown out for life, being made to pay for it, or getting the cops called. And this isn't "wah a tiny 3mm nick on the corner" this is "I'm too incompetent to get a box large enough to hold the thing, I know I'll fold it in half or crush it and not send it in the condition described because I'm too lazy to get a bigger box!"

Shit, you retard, I could run that book you want through a paper shredder and send it in a smaller envelope, would you be okay with that?

Go play with your ponies.
>>
>this whole thread
I guess even the seemingly level headed posters on /toy/ are really just autists who have yet to be triggered by other autists.
>>
>>5692572
Fuck your MOC pony collection
>>
>>5692545
Oh, you were actually serious? Then you're obviously one miserable sack of shit who should seek professional help, but I'd say you're a lost cause at this point.
>>
>>5692575
>>5692579
>>5692584
Looking forward to my next box squishing experience, will it be ML, BS or something of the NECA/Transformer variety. You're going to have to look harder for that perfect package.
>>
>>5692598
if mommy lets you buy one

>>5692596
it'd be better to spend those mental health resources on someone worthwhile. You know, think of it like this- do you give that liver transplant to a drunk that collects welfare and hates work, or to the rich person that creates jobs?
>>
>>5692602
Oh no he's serious, he's going to go around squishing all the boxes, nope just got bored and wanted to fuck around on /toy/
>>
>>5692626
However I do look forward to cutting BAF pieces out of shitty ML figures
>>
>>5692584
>damaging packages on a mandarake store
You'd just get deported.
>>
>>5692596
Actually he sounds like a Hot Wheels collector. Yeah, I said it, a Hot Wheels collector. The trailer trash of the collecting world.
>>
>>5692944
Vroom vroom down the street I drive looking to ruin another MOC collectors life.
>>
Oh, I've had this happen to me a few times. It's no big deal. I just ask for my money back and I leave them negative feedback.
>>
>>5689247
What's a MOC
>>
>>5693562
Mint On Card.
>>
>>5693562
I made fun of OP upthread before I realized that MOC in this thread means "Mint On Card", not "My Own Creation" like it does in the Lego thread.
>>
File: lvrebztzb.png (49 KB, 730x290) Image search: [Google]
lvrebztzb.png
49 KB, 730x290
>no american children figures
>>
>>5689247
>>5693589
>random comic generator
>still more coherent and thought out than Penny Arcade or Walky
>>
>seller sends wrong item
>take photo, contact them rather than file claim to give them a chance first
>admit they sent wrong item, will send correct item out, offers to let me keep other item for a couple bucks which is a good deal to keep it
>seller mails right item, then starts trying to guilt trip me because sending the replacement costs more than the couple bucks extra I paid

They screwed up. I could've gone through a claim and gotten a prepaid shipping label for a return instead, giving them a mark that would've hurt their eBay seller standing, plus negative feedback, but I gave them a chance to make right. They could fix their mistake without trying to make it seem like I'm ripping them off in the process.
>>
>seller ships Parcel Post(or whatever they call it these days)

Hey kids, can you name a USPS service that the USPS needs to completely phase out? Shit, 99% of items, the price difference between Priority and PP is maybe 10 cents. If you need to save a whole dime and make buyers wait a week, you're being a cheap ass.
>>
>purchase figure through a buy-it-now listing on ebay
>pay immediately
>receive an email from Paypal an hour later that I've been refunded
>seller left a note saying ebay/paypal were going to make him wait 21 days to receive my payment and he wasn't cool with that
>I want the figure so I offer to pay him directly via paypal
>send him the money via goods/services option so I don't get scammed
>seller thanks me, says he'll ship it the next day (it was the evening by this point)
>it's been 2 days since he last contacted me
>figure hasn't shown up (understandable if he used a cheaper postage option, it could take 3-4 days)

Maybe I'm just being skittish but when sellers don't keep me posted I get worried I'm going to end up getting ripped off.
>>
>>5693941
i'm pretty sure that three-week hold thing applies to paypal as well until you make a certain number of sales.

what they don't tell you is it's three weeks -or- three days after confirmation of delivery

or i think like, one week after scheduled delivery
>>
>>5693949
I don't know if it applies to private sales.

I've paid people for stuff plenty of times with the goods/services option and they never complained about a 21 day wait.
>>
>>5693941
>>5693949
>>5693953

it's an eBay thing. You have to sell 25 items minimum, a total value of $250 minimum, and sell for at least 90 days before the stop those holds. It's annoying as shit and should be toned down. I can see it being your first 10 sales, but not 25. The policy sucks, but ti's still better than trying for months to sell shit in BST.

Though if he sent the thing with tracking it would free up 3 days after delivery. 21 days is the maximum hold period.

There is no hold if the buyer pays with eBay Bucks rewards points though.
>>
File: Absolutely Terminated.jpg (94 KB, 404x400) Image search: [Google]
Absolutely Terminated.jpg
94 KB, 404x400
>buy + pay for something on ebay on Monday
>seller doesn't ship until Friday
>>
>seller charges high postage, more than enough to cover Priority
>seller takes 3-5 days to ship out
>sends by cheap & slow service
>seller somehow has 100% positive feedback

There are at least a few reasons here they should be getting at least a few neutrals/negatives.

If a seller can send me a Monev the Gale for $10 priority, then someone who charges me $14 postage for a a set of small 90s figures that weigh 1/4 that should not be sending by Smartpost.
>>
>>5695271
>>seller takes 3-5 days to ship out

That really pisses me off, especially when they have the gall to include shit like 'payment required within 48 hours of auction ending' in all of their listings.

This isn't me going 'reeeeee I want my toys now!!!!'
I don't care what your job is, if you can't make it to the post office within two days of selling your shit, you shouldn't be selling on eBay.
>>
>>5695280
>if you can't make it to the post office within two days of selling your shit, you shouldn't be selling on eBay.
Then stick to sellers who say they'll ship within that time. Or perhaps you could just stop being an impatient manbaby.
>>
>>5695287
Or you could do your job!

Really, you sound like an SJW crying because men like tits.
>>
File: 1439509230754.jpg (405 KB, 1060x988) Image search: [Google]
1439509230754.jpg
405 KB, 1060x988
>>5695293
>Really, you sound like an SJW crying because men like tits.
Seriously? Just stop now kiddo. You're embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>5695293
>Really, you sound like an SJW crying because men like tits.
i don't understand, how is that even similar?
>>
>>5695345
Fuck off, fat bitch. No man will ever want you because you don't look like pic related. Go cry moar about it.
>>
>>5695367
Literal 10/10 woman
>>
>>5695367
>>5695380
>Literal 10/10 woman
>no feminine penis

Into the trash it goes
>>
File: 1449089162830.jpg (68 KB, 686x582) Image search: [Google]
1449089162830.jpg
68 KB, 686x582
>>5695367
Sure champ, whatever you say.
>>
>>5695267
>buy something from me Saturday afternoon
>whine at me for tracking number Monday morning
>>
File: abandoned_building027.jpg (170 KB, 834x1280) Image search: [Google]
abandoned_building027.jpg
170 KB, 834x1280
>>5696021
yeah I sense SJW jealousy at a woman sexier than you
>>
>>5689247
Had a guy send me two Star Wars figures MOC last week. In a fucking envelope. Like wtf man.
>>
>>5696326
Transformers movie Fallen had an orange exclusive version that came in a plastic hexagon box. I wanted the figure and the box too, because I wanted to use it for something. Seller jammed it in a fucking bubble mailer, of course the bx was stressed and mangled badly.

The post office gives out free boxes, you can easily reuse shit you get when you buy stuff, and in a pinch you can take a food box and turn it inside out. There's no excuse to shove shit in bubble mailers that can't handle it, or to have to shove objects in a box big enough to hold it 3X over.

>had a seller send me a box parcel post and gripe about postage, because they apparently couldn't find a box long enough without shipping it in something large enough to fit it 5X over.

I really am clueless and curious, when I run into one of these idiot sellers, how they manage to maintain a 100% positive rating when they display such incompetence.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.