[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Exalted General - /exg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28
>What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For the basics of combat, play this tutorial: https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?769761-Exalted-3E-Combat-301. It'll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. There were a lot of lesbians though. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on /tg/. With the new edition, though, chances are more games will crop up.

Resources for Third Edition:

>Final 3E Core Release
https://mega.nz/#!ctgxyJaC!ygkrLnFsrnBJzIUZY-dJsMfyFrhFQgDsQuuo52fcW0I
http://www.mediafire.com/download/q51qw8skdw1rg15/Exalted_3e_Core.pdf

>Frequently updated Character Sheet with Formulas and Autofill https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pfjmZKzcUqAX9mB58IAEUIFkZr8rq4CvdRRM4kzwwgU/edit?usp=sharing
>General Homebrew dumping folder: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByD2BL6J89NiQzdCWWFaY0c5Mkk&usp=sharing
>Collection of old 3e Materials, including comics and fiction anthologies https://www.mediafire.com/folder/t2arqtqtyyt28/Exalted_3Leak
>Charm Trees:
>Solar Charms: https://imgur.com/a/q6Vbc
>Martial Arts: https://imgur.com/a/mnQDe
>Evocations: https://imgur.com/a/TYKE4

Resources for Previous Editions:
>http://pastebin.com/raw/EL3RTeB1

Backer Charm Edition:
Just released, if you have it and are in the process of taking out the watermarks, keep us updated.
Cleaned up the OP, why did we replace a 3e tutorial with a 2e one?
>>
>>47583277
>why did we replace a 3e tutorial with a 2e one?
When did we ever have a 3e tutorial?
>>
File: Dawn Caste Fashion 02.jpg (312 KB, 730x1032) Image search: [Google]
Dawn Caste Fashion 02.jpg
312 KB, 730x1032
>tfw based Volfer is proof that artifact bikini armor is canon
>>
Some peeps just requested access to the Master Sheet with Formulas, you just make a copy of it yourself friends, unless you're wanting something else?
>>
>>47583338
Empress Approved (tm)
>>
>>47583321
We used to have the combat 301 up a while ago, then we had the 2e playable tutorial, and then that link was dead for months, then we updated that link, and now I moved it to the 2e resources because it would just confuse new people.
>>
>>47583380
>combat 301
I must have missed that phase. Do you have a link?
>>
>>47583338
>artifact bikini armor is canon
Of course it is.

But if you try to argue that it's anything heavier than Light Armor in one of my games, I'll laugh myself senseless and refuse.

Artifact armor doesn't magically protect your exposed bits; it's superhard, superthick plates of impossible metal, not something that projects an invisible forcefield over your skin.
>>
>>47583412
It's in the OP, that's what I was talking about replacing the old 2e one with.
https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?769761-Exalted-3E-Combat-301
>>
>>47583433
>not something that projects an invisible forcefield over your skin.

Unless the artifact armor does, in fact, do exactly that, but by then you're making a point of it.
>>
>>47583433
Unless evocations.
>>
>>47583446
>>47583452
At which point your Light Artifact Armor gains a Soak-boosting Evocation. It does, however, remain Light, with the appropriate base stats for the Evocations to then build on top of.

Having protective bikini armor isn't something I'd prevent my players from doing. But they'd have to come at it from a direction that's sensical rather than 'lol, fuck common sense, it's Heavy Armor because EXALTED!'
>>
>>47583478
Eh, it could just as well be an attunement bonus. That's what I did with my artifact armour, which was fluffed as a set of bracers - upon attuning, your skin hardened and darkened, and you got the armour stats.
>>
>>47583437
Oh, I thought it was something interactive and playable, not some boring forum post.

I'd imagine that's why it was removed in favor of the 2e tutorial. Because the 2e tutorial was actually-fun and got me, personally, interested in Exalted a few years back when I first stumbled across it.

C'est la vie.
>>
>>47583522
If I were competent at coding and Exalted, I'd make a 3e version.
>>
>>47583478
>At which point your Light Artifact Armor gains a Soak-boosting Evocation. It does, however, remain Light, with the appropriate base stats for the Evocations to then build on top of.
>Having protective bikini armor isn't something I'd prevent my players from doing. But they'd have to come at it from a direction that's sensical rather than 'lol, fuck common sense, it's Heavy Armor because EXALTED!'
Agreed. If you want a bikini to magically count as heavy armor, you need Glorious Solar Plate.
>>
>>47583522
I was looking to see if anyone had a similar playable tutorial for 3e, but no one did. I would much prefer a playable one to show off to newcomers.
But we just have the boring forum post, and an outdated tutorial, which although fun to you a few years ago, would actively make it harder for you to understand 3e because you have to unlearn what it taught.
It's still in the old resources link for people to play if they're doing 2e.

>>47583546
It would be pretty great, if there are any takers, step forth.
>>
>>47583570
Do you have the old 2E one as an example? Don't think I've seen it. I can code, have decent system mastery, and am currently stuck at home sick, so I've got some time on my hands.
>>
>>47583601
>http://pastebin.com/raw/EL3RTeB1

NM, figured that one of the links in the OP is a link to links,
>>
Hey, does anybody have a link to the Backer Charms yet? Hope there's something for War in there...
>>
>>47583601
If you can code up a 3e tutorial - even directly ripping the fluff scenes straight out of the 2e one, if you wanted - that would be the literal best thing.
>>
>>47583601
Just getting it functional for the bulk of the system would be pretty great, don't fret too much over obscure edge cases, especially if natural language causes problems.
>>
>>47583601
https://web.archive.org/web/20160314105757/http://jyenicolson.net/exalted/
It's pretty fun, and introduces you to the setting and conceits like stunts as much as it does things like the combat engine and social combat.
>>
How much of a nerf is it if you rule that counterattack charms can only be activated once per turn?
>>
>>47583864
>How much of a nerf is it if you rule that counterattack charms can only be activated once per turn?
A colossal one. Counterattack charms are already super limited because you regen only 5m per turn. Changing it so the new limitation is that they only get one activation per turn would make them wastes of XP.
>>
>>47583864

Depends what you mean by "activated"; as long as it doesn't impact stuff like Crane Form, and Ready in Eight Directions that are activated once, and then triggered multiple times, it's probably fine - most of the other ones I can think of are decisive counterattacks, so activating them a second time isn't really that useful anyway, as you're already reset to base (assuming you hit).

But I can think of no good reason to do so. If someone's spamming counterattacks, they're burning through their resources. They should be allowed to make that call if they want to - the charms are balanced around their resource cost.
>>
>>47583938
They're lame and slow down combat more than other stuff.
>>
>>47584092
Then ban them entirely, or else leave them alone. What you're proposing would make them worthless. Don't do things in half-measures like that.
>>
>>47583433
you'll get tired of them every single time stunting to bend in such a way as to catch the attack on their boob
>>
>>47584243
Stunts boost Dodge/Parry, not Soak/Hardness. They're not going to stunt to catch it on their boob.
>>
File: handbra.jpg (15 KB, 328x287) Image search: [Google]
handbra.jpg
15 KB, 328x287
>>47584285
>They're not going to stunt to catch it on their boob.
>Parry
What if they're wearing a pair of artifact smashtits?
>>
>>47584335
Come on, that has to at least give an off-hand penalty. If the book detailed such a penalty. You do get the +2 clash bonus for a pair.
>>
No Awareness or Dodge backer charms. Every other ability got at least one.
>>
>The backer is brand new to Exalted, so I had to help
>him find the exact right Charm. The first couple of
>Resistance Charms we worked on didn’t feel right to his
>personality, so we scrapped them. Finally I asked him
>what characters he likes most, and he started to talk
>about an overpowered archer from Fate Stay/Night. I
>had known since the beginning that Archery yet needed
>an overpowered Charm, so I worked out this incredibly
>powerful mechanic. There may be yet be another up-
>grade to this Charm, one of unfathomable power.
>>
>>47584362
Hey, if the second level of Ambidexterity lets you pick locks with your feet without a penalty, surely it lets you parry swords with your tits without too much of an issue.

But yes, they give a great bonus to catching a clash between the pair. They even come with Disarm.
>>
>>47584485
So they're prehensile tits from Gainax?
>>
>*John lowers an LP of smooth slow “doo-wop” onto the
>spindle and swishes his brandy around in a shot glass
>while staring out the window at the setting sun.*
>>
>Backers can't find their own charms in the book.
Bravo Morke.
>>
>>47584432
link?
>>
>>47584477
So, we'll finally be able to stat Archer and Gilgamesh in Exalted.
>>
>>47584527
Yes, and?
>>
>A Lunar warlord-queen is sweet on the Dawn
>Caste, but if he makes an ass of himself at her feast
>the entire Circle is going to be kicked out of her
>dominion, and they badly need to remain there
>until their work is finished. Rather than trusting
>him to dress himself, the Zenith tailor presents a
>highly-stylized garment fit for royalty, so that the
>Circle’s fashion victim doesn’t get them exiled.
>>
Anyone dewatermarking it right now?
>>
>Four Archery, two Athletics, three Brawl, four Bureaucracy, one Craft, two Integrity, two Investigation, two Larceny, two Linguistics, five Lore, one Medicine, ten Melee, three Occult, five Performance, six Presence, two Resistance, one Ride, six Sail, four Socialize, three Stealth, five Survival, six Thrown, two War, one ???.

Jeeze, ten melee charms? I know it's kind of the 'default' combat skill, but I wish the backers had spread it out a bit more. Other Abilities could use the space better.
>>
anyone have a pastebin of the backer charms?
>>
>>47585437

I don't know if anyone on /tg/ even has the backer charms yet. A lot of the posts here are from second hand sources.
>>
>>47585470
I've got it.
>>
>>47585491

Would you mind pastbining then? I mean if you are a really nice person you would do that for us poor anons would you not?
>>
I'd have bought it if I knew Exalted existed 3 years ago.
>>
File: 1445738716515.jpg (44 KB, 383x700) Image search: [Google]
1445738716515.jpg
44 KB, 383x700
There's a charm in the backer PDF that I have a strong suspicion might trigger Tornado Wolf and some of the other more rabid Lunartards out there.
>>
>>47585503
I'm a jerk, though.

Any Abilities you're particularly interested in?
>>
>>47585536
Prescence

Occult
>>
>>47585536

A social ability might be nice. And I am sure you are a nice person deep down anon.
>>
>>47585536
Athletics, Awareness, Investigation, Stealth, or Survival please?
>>
>>47585536
If you would not mind the crafting and the medicine charm
>>
>>47585536
Anything that you think turned out to be dope as fuck, anon.
>>
>>47585536

War, if you'd be so kind.
>>
>>47585531
Ohh, what does it do? Lunar taming leash?
>>
I didn't mention every Charm for the relevant Abilities, just the ones that grabbed me.

>>47585541
Presence has a couple Charms that let you imbue your followers with divine might, granting them small mote pools and a handful of suitable spirit Charms. Occult gets a couple spirit-familiar buffs and an upgrade to Ancient Tongue Understanding that turns it into a general-purpose dice trick.

>>47585546
Socialize gets a couple Charms that let you augment an Instill action to add another Minor Intimacy on top of increasing/eroding the main one.

>>47585564
Athletics has a Charm to let you run so fast that you self-duplicate into an army as long as you keep going fast. There aren't any Awareness Charms. Investigation gets a Charm to let you use Charms to follow up when someone else investigates a crime scene on your behalf. Stealth gets a sneak-better Charm and a couple combat ones, the more impressive of which lets you more easily return to concealment after an attack. Survival gets a mote generator, a charm to let you imbue yourself with natural beauty (or freakishness if ugly Appearance is your thing), and... some more Familiar charms. Though one of them lets your Familiar make an animal army, so that's okay.

>>47585571
One of each. The Craft Charm lets you retroactively have made something useful to help get past a problem (it's what >>47584727
was quoted from), the Medicine Charm lets you freeze someone who's about to die in time until you can find a cure or whatever.

>>47585595
It's not spectacular, but the first Charm I saw that I thought was perfect for my Solar was a Melee charm that lets you get motes from successful parries, and with a repurchase, makes Ready in Eight Directions Stance not reset you to base Initiative if you successfully parried every attack aimed at you that round.

>>47585723
Low-req Charm that gives you more dice to orders based on the Size difference between armies (either way), high-req Charm that turns damage into more strategems.
>>
>>47585772
Sort of! Less extreme than that, not that I expect the worst of that lot to care.
>>
>>47585800
Oh, that's great. I can't wait for the forum discussions. What exactly does it do?
>>
>>47585784
Thanks very much, these all sound pretty interesting.
Are you taking the watermark out to share with us?
>>
>>47585834

I doubt it since he won't pastebin. Don't worry anon somebody will over the next few days.
>>
>>47585828
It's one of the Survival Charms I mentioned. Your form is warped by communion with the elements and the beasts of nature; increases Appearance by one (breaks cap) and grants a one-die bonus to comfort or soothe elementals, beasts, and Lunars.

>>47585834
Wouldn't know how.

>>47585851
I did say I was a jerk.
>>
>>47585834
IS there a watermark?
>>
>>47585891
If anon doesn't know how to diff them to take them out, they won't know how to see if there even are any.
>>
>>47585536
Melee
>>
>>47585861
>elementals, beasts, and Lunars.
Lol, that's just hilarious and demeaning to Lunars without actually mattering much. I love it!
>>
File: 1388869715830.jpg (27 KB, 313x334) Image search: [Google]
1388869715830.jpg
27 KB, 313x334
>>47585784
>There aren't any Awareness Charms.
>>
>>47585940
What do you feel Awareness is missing? I've not had any problems with it.
>>
>>47585784

>Low-req Charm that gives you more dice to orders based on the Size difference between armies (either way), high-req Charm that turns damage into more strategems.

Well, better than nothing, but I'd hoped for more.
>>
Here's an error that I'd like to see corrected: My Charm doesn't appear in the pdf.

It was supposed to be called "Puritan-Demon Cofraternity," and after telling me that my concept wasn't workable, and that I reconceptualize it, Mr. Morke sent me an email saying "never mind, I'm working on something closer to your original concept." That was the last communication between us.

Onyx Path's incompetence continues to amuse me.
>>
>>47585940

Gotta spend wordcount on all those other Abilities that don't have enough options. Y'know, like melee.
>>
>>47585948
I haven't had any problems with these other sets either but they still got new Charms.
>>
>>47585976
Yes, yes, Morke's a liar, and Holden's a liar too, we all know.
>>
>>47585937
May it awaken the mighty fires of autism rage under Tornado Wolf's bottom.
>>
>>47585891
Not a clearly visible one, but I'm not sure if that means there isn't one.

>>47585927
Beyond what I've already mentioned, there's a few different Clash goodies, including one that lets you Clash attacks you're unaware of. There's one that lets you wreck the terrain (and bystanders) after parrying a high-damage attack. A kinda neat one that gives you extra dice when striking to defend an Intimacy, and extra damage that scales with how much your opponent hates that same Intimacy (plus it's aggravated against cursed and blighted creatures including ghosts, demons, and the Abyssal Exalted)

>>47585960
Honestly, I'm pretty happy with it. An extra charm for competence in Orders and something flashy and high-Essence were exactly what I was hoping for.

Here's a Charm I thought was pretty cool.

>Diving Hawk Discipline
>Cost: 3m
>Mins: Thrown 4, Essence 1
>Type: Supplemental
>Keywords: Decisive-only
>Duration: Instant
>Prerequisite Charms: Spitting Hand Technique
>When she sees the perfect moment to act, the Lawgiver strikes with unthinkable speed. This Charm supplements a Thrown Disarm, Distract, or Unhorse Gambit, allowing it to be made without needing an aim action.
>On Diving Hawk Discipline
>Thrown is about versatility, utility, and quick bursts of damage. The more versatile it becomes, the better it gets at the other two.

It's got a few followups. Death-Dealing Diffusion lets you attempt two Gambits simultaneously. Whirlwind Hand of the Striker lets you grapple with Thrown. Dancing Steel Symphony lets you try a bajillion Gambits simultaneously, which can be doubled with Death-Dealing Diffusion or be grapples if you also know Whirlwind Hand of the Striker.
>>
>>47586070
>. A kinda neat one that gives you extra dice when striking to defend an Intimacy
Daaamn. My melee Zenith really wants this. Now I hope this gets out to the public before the next time we spend xp.
>>
>>47586101

>Divine Executioner Stance
>Cost: 6m (+1m)
>Mins: Melee 5, Essence 3
>Type: Simple
>Keywords: Uniform
>Duration: Indefinite
>Prerequisite Charms: Rising Sun Slash

>When her sense of justice or righteousness is offended, the Solar’s wrath suffuses her blades, making her attacks swing faster and bite harder. When she first uses this Charm, she grips her weapon tightly and makes a vow based on a Principle or Tie that she holds, to use her every means to defend or protect that Intimacy. This act has great mystical significance, recorded in the celestial registers of Heaven, as the Lawgiver swears on her weapon and her skill to protect what is most dear.

>Thenceforth, whenever the Exalt makes a Melee attack in defense of the attached Intimacy and pays one mote, she gains bonus dice equal to (Intensity). In addition, if her target has acted to harm one of her Ties or threaten one of her Principles, a successful attack adds damage equal to the target’s strongest opposed Intimacy to the Solar or her protected Tie or Principle. In simple terms, the Lawgiver may not know her opponent’s Intimacies, but the Storyteller does, and can select the most appropriate Intimacy on the damage roll. If the Solar has vowed to protect the street urchins of Nighthammer, she may not realize that her target despises children, but the damage of her attack rips through his corrosive spirit and wounds him that much more deeply. This Charm confers no knowledge of Intimacies to the Solar.

>In addition, if the target is a cursed, blighted creature, such as a ghost or a demon, or one of the Abyssal Exalted, the damage on this attack is increased by one, gains one automatic success, and the damage is aggravated.

Renowned Explorers just finished downloading, so I'm gonna go play that for a bit.
>>
>>47586070
>Diving Hawk Discipline
Because what thrown reaaaaally needed was more gambits!
But yeah, pretty cool, I might actually be tempted to make a thrown gambit character now.
>>
>>47586151
Oh my, this is perfect for my Zenith.
>>
>>47586151
This is perfect...
Well, it's E3 but ptherwise I love it. Thanks anon
>>
>>47586199
I almost wish it had the Bridge keyword from some Zenithy ability.
>>
>>47586210
Like Integrity, the ability with all the Bridge keywords?
>>
>>47586151
This is a fucking cool charm, though I feel like it does one too many things at once. That said, the charms are bloated enough as it is without adding to it by splitting shit up. So, kudos.
>>
>>47586070

>Honestly, I'm pretty happy with it. An extra charm for competence in Orders and something flashy and high-Essence were exactly what I was hoping for.

I mean, I'd have liked them to play up the initiative aspects of War's design space more. Effects like:

-Purchasing this Charm allows the Solar to activate Battle Path Ascendant whenever her army drives a non-trivial opponent into initiative crash.

-Once per scene, when the Solar would gain initiative from her other War charms, she may grant a portion of the initiative gained to her allies instead. The Solar may transfer up to twice her Essence rating, or the total initiative gained (whichever is lower) split however she chooses amongst any number of targets. Initiative not transferred to others in this way is gained by the Solar as normal. This charm resets when the Solar begins her turn at initiative 15+.
>>
>>47585976
What was your charm supposed to do?
>>
>>47586501

I doubt it is his. Some one posted in the errata thread that their charm is not there. I think he just is posting about Morke and Holden's massive incompetence.
>>
File: Miracles of the Solar Exalted.png (932 KB, 589x765) Image search: [Google]
Miracles of the Solar Exalted.png
932 KB, 589x765
>>
>When a Solar dies, the Exaltation unbinds itself from the soul and flows back into the cycles of heaven. From there it is directed by the Essence of the Unconquered Sun - which carries his energic will - to seek out a new hero.

R.I.P. Lytek
>>
Tell me, would Apocalypse from the latest X-Men movie be an Exalt? If the answer to this is is yes, what exalted group and caste would fit him best?
>>
>>47586817

First Age Zenith, just recently awoken from Inviolable Essence Merging, and still nutty.
>>
>>47586796
Another interesting tidbit of lore lost to the circlejerking. I'm sure it is for the 'greater good' of their own delusions.
>>
>>47586877
>and still nutty.
I find this funny because it's true.
>>
>>47586941

I'm glad he's gone. It's another one of the changes to make Exaltations more magical and awesome, instead of mechanistic and predictable.
>>
>An earthquake causes damage to thousands of expensive wheels of cheese, which will go bad if they are not used immediately, causing the economic collapse of an entire industry. The Solar chef produces a recipe for cheese soup that allows restaurateurs to buy the damaged wheels in increased volume, to attempt to save the industry from total collapse. See Projects on page 226 of Exalted.
>>
File: 1447184126028.jpg (22 KB, 444x322) Image search: [Google]
1447184126028.jpg
22 KB, 444x322
>>47587001
>>
>>47586941
You can still have Lytek in your games. The Game Police aren't going to break down your door if you use him in your campaign.

Serious question: where does Lytek fit into a campaign? Is he just a bit of background fluff that's interesting until you think about him? He can't really do anything without changing the setting, and he'd be under enormous pressure from other gods and the Sidereals to act in specific ways (mentally crippling Lunars or Solars with endless flashbacks, for instance, or just not releasing them from his cabinet), so you get the same issues with him as you do with the Christian God; either he can't actually do anything, or he can and somehow is both completely satisfied with the status quo and can't ever change his mind about it.
>>
>Special activation rules: By spending six points accrued by Master Plan Meditation, this Charm may be used retroactively, without a roll and for free, allowing the Solar to declare away a guard that’s just caught her, a trap that’s just sprung on her, a hiding place that wasn’t there before, and so on. She may only introduce a single fact in this fashion.

Solar Cheat-Codes Prana
>>
>>47586941
https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/general-exalted-thread.44/page-946#post-6020228

Jon Chung is right about Lytek, Lytek is not necessary at all.
>>
> The Abyssal version of this is bound to be nasty.

Mirror charms are back
>>
>>47587105
>SV Exalted General
Oh no.
I mean, he's somewhat right, but still.
>>
>>47587116
Isn't there, somehow, an Abyssal or Infernal version of Lytek?
>>
>>47587140
The monstrances and Lillum probably accomplish the same things as him.
>>
>>47587137
I'm not a fan of the infernal fan forum, but I respect Jon Chung
>>
>Another kind of Exalt has their own version called Oud Flying Elsewhere; they hold their instrument high, let go, and it falls into the sky. When they need it back they reach up and it falls back down into their hand. Even in a completely enclosed space, it comes right down.

fukken siddies
>>
File: Naamloos-2.png (138 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
Naamloos-2.png
138 KB, 350x350
>>47587200
Now that is an oud ability.
>>
>>47587168
Fair enough. What's he done?
>>
>>47587200
I have to admit, I had to look up what the fuck an oud was. Turns out it's basically a kebab version of a lute.
>>
>>47587228

He essentially mathematically disproved 2E combat

He's also been a bit of a dick since, in regards to 3E. Good with the crunch, not so good when the system explicitly states that fluff can override crunch (i.e. you can't farm helpless targets for initiative).
>>
>>47587200
>>Another kind of Exalt has their own version called Oud Flying Elsewhere; they hold their instrument high, let go, and it falls into the sky. When they need it back they reach up and it falls back down into their hand. Even in a completely enclosed space, it comes right down.
>
>fukken siddies
I want this to be how all the Sid elsewhere charms work
>>
>>47587228
He's the guy who figured out what the 2e combat paradigm inevitably led to (all perfects, all the time, paranoia charm combo setups, motes and WP as your real health track, etc...).
>>
>Disclaimer: Ship’s cat was not harmed in the writing of this Charm.
>>
>>47587293
EXPLAIN! EXPLAIN EXPLAAAAIIIIIIINNNNN!
>>
>>47587260
>He essentially mathematically disproved 2E combat
Could you try that again but use words that make sense
>>
> In addition, she gains one non-Charm bonus die to soothe or comfort any elemental, beast, or Lunar Exalted through the use of social influence.

Reminder that Lunar Exalts are pets.

>>47587308
>Sometimes your ship’s mast suddenly explodes. Not a problem if you are one of the Solar Exalted!
>>
>>47587331

He basically showed how 2e lead to "One True Builds" in many ways, such as combat, social, and craft.
>>
>>47587355
>social

Kinda, if you count figuring out the RAW effectiveness of MDV: Fist as a kind of build.
>>
>>47587336
>>Sometimes your ship’s mast suddenly explodes. Not a problem if you are one of the Solar Exalted!
THAT JUST RAISES FURTHER QUESTIONS!
Hermes Conrad would clearly be a Sidereal.
>>
>This is the Charm of the Dawn Caste generals who tore apart and routed the invincible armies of the Great Masters in the Time Before.

>Great Masters

I honestly preferred Primodials
>>
>>47587391
>I honestly preferred Primodials

For all we know that might not even mean them. Could be an epithet of one of the Primordials' loyal servitor races.
>>
How to play a DB:
>Have 12 kids with 8 different women.
>Become the Scarlet Emperor/Empress
>then die, when you try and cook spaghetti
>>
File: 1431721811694.jpg (220 KB, 330x900) Image search: [Google]
1431721811694.jpg
220 KB, 330x900
>When a Solar has a deeply physical and spiritual bond with one of the Lunar Exalted, that Lunar is said to be her bond mate - a tradition going back thousands of years. This Charm is occluded, hidden from the normal roll of Solar Abilities, and only becomes available to the Solar to learn if she has a Defining Tie for her Lunar and vice versa, and if their bond has been deeply established according to the Storyteller. Then, in circumstances where they are touching each other — sparring, one holding the other’s wrist to keep them from going over a cliff, sharing a kiss, etc — the Storyteller may deem that the Solar feels a sudden oneness with her Lunar. The Lunar will feel this same oneness in turn. Roll their combined Essence scores, and if the result is one or greater, the Storyteller describes a numinous moment in which the Solar and Lunar touch mind and soul and become as one. This can be a completely disassociated stream of consciousness event, or it can be a series of images from their past lives. The end of this sequence leaves the Solar capable of learning this Charm.

>This Charm allows the Solar to physically merge with her Lunar mate, becoming a single entity of divine wrath and living flame for one scene. The combined being resembles a fusion of the Solar’s physical form with her iconic anima, and the spirit-animal of her Lunar mate. This form usually has four arms, has bestial and ethereal traits, such as horns, hair that floats and crackles with lightning, gale force-winds that whip around in her vicinity, and so on. The mote pool for the merged being is the Solar’s current pool + 25, and the health levels of the combined being are equal to the Lunar’s undamaged health levels. As a quick character, the fusion has all of the traits of the Solar, but the players may do the work to assign the merged character its own sheet, giving it the Lunar’s Attributes and the Solar’s Abilities.
>>
File: All The Cakes.png (792 KB, 925x609) Image search: [Google]
All The Cakes.png
792 KB, 925x609
>>47587442
>In any case, the merged Exalt uses all of the Solar’s Charms for actions, but its Attributes on any roll can be enhanced by any Attribute boosting Charms the Lunar has learned. In addition, the form gains horns, fangs, claws, wings, and other mutations applicable to the Lunar’s spirit form and the Solar’s iconic manifestation, a number equal to the Lunar’s Appearance or Stamina +1. These natural weapons can be used to use animal attacks such as Bite, Gore, and so on, listed in the antagonists chapter of Exalted.

>To use this Charm, the Exalts must share a Defining Principle that they are merging in order to defend. If they are killed while in this form, they both die. Once they have used this Charm, they may not end their merged form until the end of the scene, though they may choose to end it if they fall into Initiative Crash.

God bless you Jennifer Alyxendra Barron
>>
>>47587442
>>47587456
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgqFk_6KR4
>>
>>47587442
>>47587456
I like it.
>>
File: Miracles - Archery.png (1 MB, 927x595) Image search: [Google]
Miracles - Archery.png
1 MB, 927x595
>>47587486
>>47587489
Except for this (which is Ability ???), all of the Apocryphal-keyword charms are in Sail.

Fucking boat autists
>>
>>47587533
why did you reply to me?
>>
File: Miracles - Integrity.png (909 KB, 925x591) Image search: [Google]
Miracles - Integrity.png
909 KB, 925x591
>>
File: Miracles - Melee.png (1 MB, 923x589) Image search: [Google]
Miracles - Melee.png
1 MB, 923x589
>>
File: Miracles - Presence.png (1 MB, 921x569) Image search: [Google]
Miracles - Presence.png
1 MB, 921x569
>>
File: Miracles - Stealth.png (941 KB, 923x593) Image search: [Google]
Miracles - Stealth.png
941 KB, 923x593
>>
>>47587600
That looks pretty abyssal to me.
>>
>>47587595

This looks less presence, and more "show-off half a millisecond from realising a burning raptors about to eat his face".
>>
>>47587612
It does. It's supposed to be for a charm that enhances attempts to grapple somebody from stealth and drag them off into concealment.
>>
>>47587626
It's a Prophet-Uplifting Evocation enhancer that lets them flare your anima as you speak through them
>>
>>47587631
That's pretty cool and does of course work for a Solar, but generally speaking there really shouldn't be any sort of anima effect for stealth. You can say this for most Exalts but especially Solar
>>
>>47587648

Let me guess, "Sacrificial Wyld-Hunting-Baiting Dupe Prana"?
>>
File: 1445791044318.jpg (61 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1445791044318.jpg
61 KB, 600x450
>>47587787
>>47587626
>>
>>47587533
Oh, it's Apocryphal? It doesn't seem thaaat out of theme to me
>>
>Disarm-stab combo, combinable with a Melee charm that lets you automatically disarm people

>tear out their heart and offer it as a prayer to Sol Dragon King style, get health or WP back

>AoE attack that shoots yourself into the air via explosion, then shoot yourself like a meteor into another enemy, useable reflexively after tearing someone's heart out

Brawl went bonkers
>>
>>47587969
Also not one of them was a backer charm
>>
>>47587990

Because of all the abilities that needed love, it was Brawl

*headdesk*
>>
>>47587105
>Lytek is not necessary at all.

Neither are most Deathlords, the Lunars, the Solars, the Alchemicals, all the gods except the Incarnae, lost egg DBs, and 80% of Exalted Third Edition.

What is necessary != what is interesting and make a good setting. Lytek makes a good setting, and is incredibly interesting as a god. The circlerjerking has created a monster in the name of Lytek, a monster who was never canon, a strawman, and they hated their own creation. They wanted their own delusion dead, and they got it.

Canon Lytek is a fun, interesting character that stimulates the setting. The circlejerking Lytek is not the canon one, but they lashed out against him because that's what circlejerk do. And the devs listened to them because they are stupid morons with the integrity of a tumblr camwhore.

Deep down, you know it's true. It pains me to no end to be the voice of reason against the ridicule of manchildren and prepubescent boys. Deep down, right where your reason belongs, you know I am right.
>>
>Like the Unconquered Sun, the Solar is everywhere and nowhere at once. Moving at impossible, Essence-fueled speeds, the Solar becomes multiple copies of herself. As long as she keeps moving, she is each of her copies and none of them at the same time. The Lawgiver becomes a battle group having Size (Essence / 2 rounded up), Magnitude 10 (regardless of her maximum Health Levels), and no bonuses from Drill or Might — simply use the Solar’s normal combat pool.

GOTTA GO FAST!
>>
>>47588099
>GOTTA GO FAST!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXASS7aYIVM
>>
File: ponder.gif (3 MB, 280x154) Image search: [Google]
ponder.gif
3 MB, 280x154
>>47588099
Schrodinger's Solaroid.
>>
>>47588026
He does not do anything interesting at all, actually. That is how i should of phrased it instead of "necessary."

>Lytek makes a good setting, and is incredibly interesting as a god.

He can still exist, but "guy with cabinet full of exaltations and artifact N/A tools to mess with exaltations" is stupid and harmful to the setting.
>>
>>47588099
So what happens if you "kill" the BG? Does the Solar die? That sounds like a weakness, especially if you have some ox-bodies.
>>
>>47588153
Once you beat the battle groups Magnitude, it loses Size. Once you reduce Size to 0, you are left with but a single opponent instead an army: the Solar, alone.
>>
>>47588115
I never understood why he didn't burn his fingers or at least show discomfort touching the bullets.
>>
>>47588185
Presumably it just works.

>"RESULTS! THIS WORLD ONLY CARES ABOUT THE RESULTS!"
>"Yeah, well listen bub, this world may only care about your so-called "results", but I personally don't want to deal with the backlog of paperwork you're causing"
>"What are you talking abo-"*Alarmed quack*
>>
>>47585536
bureaucracy charms
>>
>>47588167
On the subject of battle group, when do they start doing real damage? My playgroup(s) always seem torn on if it's as soon as you hit i0 - or if it's when they attack you while you're crashed.

i.e. what happens when they do 4 dmg and you're at i3.
>>
>>47588661
you fall to 0i and take one real damage
>>
>>47588684
We've been playing with it the other way, on the basis that you take the damage as a single lump, (i.e. You go straight from 4i to -1i, and then are crashed) not as five lots of 1 dmg. Is their any actual timing on when you're crashed, or is this natural language?
>>
>>47588099

What's the cost on that one? And surely there's got to be a once per scene/day thing, or its just bonkers
>>
>>47588099

There's got to be some broken synergies with that one. Withering-only charms that get crazy when they start doing real damage with a battlegroup. Iron Whirlwind attacks that attack everyone in a rangeband X times.
>>
>>47589043
Forget synergies, imagine a battle group of Solars where EVERY member has this charm.
>>
I'm of the opinion that it's
>>47588661
While you're crashed.

>>47588684
No, you fall to -1i.

And my reference is page 208:
> Any damage the battle group inflicts against a target that has fallen into Initiative Crash, however, is instead applied directly to the target’s Health Track as bashing or lethal damage, whichever is appropriate to the standard armament of the battle group.

But I can see this being a natural language issue.
>>
>>47589043
>>47589103

Every member having the charm is irrelevant, since a battle group is still treated as a single individual. And Iron Whirlwind is decisive only.

Now Rampage-Berserker Attack plus Adamantium Fists of Battle plus Increasing Strength Exercise?
>>
>>47589182

Would Revolving Bow Discipline potentially crash everyone?
>>
>>47589199
Nah, ranged attacks work differently. You choose a primary target and apply the attack against everyone (friend and for) within close range of that target.

Nothing stopping you choosing the target with the most i, and raining death on his near-by mates though. Just make sure the targets at short range otherwise you'll be shooting yourself too.
>>
>>47589199
"Some think they can outsmart me, maybe...maybe, but, I have yet to meet a man that can outsmart bullet."
>>
>>47587969
I need this book.
>>
>>47589456
we all do, Anon. We all do.
>>
>>47588527

Honor-Instilling Mantra lets you write a charter for a business you run, instilled with Intimacies that you think are essential to running that business; your subordinates can then use those Intimacies as if they actually had them.

Pattern-Exploiting Commerce Spirit causes specified potential customers to find their way to you; the potential customer's resources rating is something you must explicitly specify (though 'any' is a valid specification).

Creation of Adamant Specie imbues a coin with magic that authorizes the bearer to make purchases on your behalf.

Spectacle-Inciting Order... y'know, I'm just gonna quote this one in the next post.
>>
>>47589577

>Spectacle-Inciting Order
>Cost: 8m
>Mins: Bureaucracy 5, Essence 4
>Type: Simple
>Keywords: None
>Duration: Instant
>Prerequisite Charms: Infinitely-Efficient Register

>If the Solar has established herself as a person of business renown in an area and has a practice or organization that is currently functioning, then she may use this Charm once per season to call a prestigious and strange package to be delivered to a local market or other place of public commerce. This delivery comes to Creation through a spirit court, a raksha court, or from the court of the ancestors, and what is inside will be strange, ethereal, or morbid as matches its source. In any case, the package is wrapped in glorious, scintillating, luminously textured paper, but is magically bound by a ribbon and can be opened by none other than the Solar. The package draws fascinated crowds and it is automatically perceived as something wondrous, a gift from the gods, or something strange and exciting. Roll the Solar’s unmodified Intelligence + Bureaucracy against a difficulty of 2 to determine the package’s Resources value. The Solar does not know what is in the box before she opens it, but she does know its exact value the moment it is delivered, and may trade on the expectation of what might be inside. Through repeated use of this Charm, and the eventual delivery of goods which are nigh priceless, the Solar can drive up speculation on the mysterious delivery and, on the fiction of never knowing the value of what’s inside, she can sell away something utterly worthless for a fortune, and can keep something priceless for herself, or use high Resources packages to entice future prospects into bigger gambling, business partnerships, and so on.

>On Spectacle-Inciting Order
>The backer wanted a Charm that would allow him to make money in a crazy, unexpected way.

>Backer: Greg Link
>>
>>47588026
Why is it necessary for Lytek to have influence on Exaltations? Why can't the god of Exaltation be a supervisor of the Exalted, a record keeper of their deeds, and the guy theoretically in charge of interactions between Celestial Bureaucracy and the Exalted?
>>
>>47589583
>MYSTERY BOX
>>
>>47589596
It isn't. And that interpretation isn't contradicted by the passage that stayed this debate. It wasn't the way the charger wad described in previous editions though.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (80 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
80 KB, 1280x720
>>47589634
>>
Ugh, am I the only one annoyed by the horrible index of the official pdf? Is there a free program to change pdf bookmarks?
>>
>>47588185
>I never understood why he didn't burn his fingers or at least show discomfort touching the bullets.
Heat dissipates from hot objects at a very specific speed, determined by the specific heat and heat conductivity of the two objects touching. In all likelihood, he didn't touch it for long enough for a meaningful amount of heat to disperse into his fingers.

That's the same of anything that has a limited speed or acceleration based on the mechanics of the un-sped-up world.

So, for example, let's take someone who moves at 2x normal speed. From his perspective, heat transfers from objects at 50% normal speed, gravity accelerates at 50% of the normal rate, objects like bullets or knives are moving at him at 50% of the normal speed, and so forth. The effect of this is that, from his perspective, he can touch objects for twice as long without getting burned, he can jump twice as high and falls at half the speed, including terminal velocity, which means he might be able to hit the ground running from a no-parachute skydive, and objects/weapons impact him with 50% of the total force that they would a normal-speed person.

This gets increasingly crazy as you climb up to 4x, 8x, or so on normally speed.

Now, the downside to all of this?

Someone moving at super speeds should have the same effect applied to anything with a frequency. Someone moving at double speed has colors (light) appearing subjectively to be 50% their normal frequency, and same with sound.

This is a huge problem. Violet basically tops out at ~790 THz, while red bottoms out around ~405 THz. That means even the highest-end violet becomes completely nonvisible at a mere 2x subjective speed, forcing you to instead rely on things like Ultraviolet being downshifted into the visible spectrum, and painting the scene in bizarre psychedelic colors.

What's worse is that it also increases the subjective viscosity of air, making air respond more sluggishly to attempts to breath or move through it.
>>
>>47589740
I use foxit. I've done a whole lot of tweaking to the core book so far.
>>
>>47589949
>I use foxit. I've done a whole lot of tweaking to the core book so far.
ohh, could you share your version of the corebook?
>>
Are the Backer Charms going to be released to the general public at all, or are they only for those who backed the game to begin with?
>>
>>47590091
They'll be available for sale on DTRPG
>>
I went to sleep and still no one's leaked it yet?
How many of you have a copy?
Google watermark diff stuff to learn how to clean it up and post it here.
>>
>>47589682
Feesh!
>>
>>47585986
Then you shoulda paid to have an Awareness charm written.

I mean jesus fucking christ on a bicycle, the Devs didn't decide not to include Awareness charms. Stop it with the unnecessary outrage.
>>
>>47589970
>ohh, could you share your version of the corebook?
Sure, I guess.

https://mega.nz/#F!yldwhLBS!jzQuHmx8lMoCBIVaiRHY-Q

I'm not done with my core book bookmarks, but it's better than when I first got it, at least to me.
>>
>>47590335
Several of those charms weren't suggested by backers and were purely ideas the devs wanted included. So no, the devs gave a bunch of extra stuff to brawl and melee, but none to awareness or dodge.
>>
>>47588941
AFB but I think it's circa 10m to start then 1m/round until you stop moving or die.
>>
>>47590335
>Then you shoulda paid to have an Awareness charm written.
In all fairness, a lot of the charms that backers paid for never got included either.
>>
What do the new Lore charms look like? And is the sorcery Occult charm just some exploding 10s or somesuch?
>>
>>47584485
yes
>>
>>47585784
athletics sounds more like an infernal charm
>>
>>47590465
I'm betting individual Exalt type differences will be blurred in 3e.
>>
>>47587057
solars get elf bullshit now too?
>>
>>47587261
yes
>>
>>47587399
the gm isdead long live the st

>>47587595
killing that guy with a sorcery spell represents presence?
>>
>>47588026
indeed
>>
>>47588099
like the sun? or like adorjan?
>>
>>47590620
It's her anima being channelled into him. They probably could have picked a different animal to avoid confusion.
>>
File: tumblr_o6nwp4INds1rl5132o1_1280.jpg (783 KB, 938x750) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6nwp4INds1rl5132o1_1280.jpg
783 KB, 938x750
Do you guys ever do flashbacks where you let your players actually play out their First Age incarnation's actions, with an effect on the presence of ruins and artifacts later in the city? I've tried experimenting with it, and found that it made things feel extra real to them - like they're not just stumbling across a sword, or a fallen archway, or whatever, but have a deeper appreciation for the fact that entire stories led up to that point.
>>
backer charms?
>>
>>47590707
like in final fantasy 8?
>>
>>47590756
>like in final fantasy 8?
Sure? The only Final Fantasy game I ever played was 6.
>>
>>47590754
not yet, but we've seen pretty pictures and some botching about melee getting ALL of them

there is one who claims to posses them but claims also to be a phallus. I doubt his ability to type if that were truly the case
>>
>>47590775
also many paid for charms have not been included and many included were not paid for and merely an excuse for devs to share their own homebrew or something.. they are liars and we must not forget. ;)

there, now you're caught up
>>
>>47590790
>many paid for charms have not been included
So far, we know of one, who was probably forgotten, since things point to them actually writing the charm and just not putting it in.
>>
>>47590808
yes, but 4cham h8
>>
>>47590808
>we know of one
We know of a lot more than that. There's an OPP forum thread dedicated to people not getting their charms included.
>>
>>47590866
Not getting what they asked/pictured in their head, or not getting theirs in at all? Because there's a fair few charms in the book and the charm backer reward was limited.
>>
>>47590866
No there's not. Liar
>>
File: b8.jpg (23 KB, 627x626) Image search: [Google]
b8.jpg
23 KB, 627x626
>>47590866
Yeah, maybe in your fantasy hate land, mate. Next time try to be a bit more convincing.
>>
>>47590770

Mah man!
>>
>>47590923
>Not getting what they asked/pictured in their head, or not getting theirs in at all?
Some of the former, some of the latter.
>>
>>47590866
In case you aren't being a troll that thread is for general errors also including typos
>>
>>47590866
Can't see it, link?
>>
>>47590398
>a lot of the charms that backers paid for never got included either

>a lot

Source? I've only read about one such occurence up to now.
>>
>>47590866
Oh wow, claims that can be disproven in about 5 seconds. I'm fairly sure that's a new low. Here, let me try too:

The devs said cosmic exalts, an all-female new splat that can curbstomp Solars are coming. There's a fat announcement up on the OOP site.
>>
>>47591253
3E confirmed for shit, the devs publish literal homebrew garbage now, I heard this from a reliable source.
>>
>>47591280
Nazi exalts are coming, with Swastikas as castemarks. Source: my uncle works at WW.
>>
>>47591299
Goebbels Caste is obviously best Caste.
>>
>>47591299
Holden and Morke have a thesis disproving the possibility they have ever lied, it's stickied on /tg/.
>>
>>47591299
>Swastikas as castemarks
No joke, though, I hope that Exigents get exotic caste marks.
>>
>>47592100
Some of them probably will get some unique caste mark-alikes, some probably will have something more like the Dragon-Blooded Aspect markings, some maybe nothing like that.
>>
>>47592100
>>47592130

"Some Exigents have sacred marks like the Celestial Exalted, while others bear physical indications of their divine station like the Dragon-Blooded, while yet others have no particular markings at all."

Page 36.
>>
>>47592144
I wonder if some have both, rather than one or the other, like how Lunars have both a mark and a Tell.
>>
Anybody got the backer charms yet?
>>
I expect there to be quite a bit of freedom in defining the look of your exigent, including both/none/something weirder.
>>
>>47592155
I think the point to them is that they can be whatever you want them to be, so sure, that.

I'm wondering if the Exigent book will also be the Getiman and Liminals book. There was a murmur that neither of the new Exalt types was getting a new book all to themselves, so it's possible that it'll be one giant book that is basically "Here's rules for making your own Exalts, and here's two we made earlier". Technically they aren't Exigents, but they could be made using the same rules.

Random idea: what about the "I curse you with immortality" cliche as an exalt? A god gets so pissed off with a pious, self-righteous mortal that they decide to test the mortal's character by giving them power, like that one quote.

"Here, immunity to STDs, aging, and societal norms. I'll be back in a hundred years and you can explain again why your vow of chastity is so important."
>>
>>47592207
Yeah, I'd expect the same. Anything, including people whose bodies are changed in dramatic and obvious way upon Exalting, should be possible.
>>
whats a good name for shadowlands that isn't gay as hell like shadowlands?
>>
>>47592269
>Random idea: what about the "I curse you with immortality" cliche as an exalt? A god gets so pissed off with a pious, self-righteous mortal that they decide to test the mortal's character by giving them power, like that one quote.
Considering the cost of creating and Exigent, I'd consider something like that unlikely, though some kind of an immortality curse without Exaltation might be cool.
>>
>>47592285
Deadlands.
>>
>>47592285
Shadowlands.
>>
>>47592285
Spoopylands
>>
>>47592269
>neither of the new Exalt types was getting a new book all to themselves

ridiculous. if anybody has to share it should be the boring pallet swapped solar abyssals
>>
>>47592675
You think that's preferable to, you know, Abyssals not being palette-swapped Solars?
>>
>>47592193
no

fears of hidden identifying watermarks to trace the leak apparently hold them back
>>
>>47592675
Maybe for the rules, but their role in the setting is important. I wouldn't be disappointed if the new Abyssals book was fluff on the underworld, some antagonists, soulsteel artifacts, necromancy, deathlord-derived special rules, and then just half a page to say "yeah, for charms you just want to take a solar charm and give it an angstier name".

That won't happen, but if it did it wouldn't be a tragedy.
>>
>>47592285
Creation's clogged toilets
>>
>>47592740
If I were an Exalted dev, I'd want to try to nail someone for leaking their stuff. Even if it wasn't the same guys as leaked the core book.
>>
>>47592742
so 'compass of celestial directions:underworld'
>>
>>47592285
Shadowdark
Darkbad
Shadow Shadow Bo Badow
Double Hell
Scarytown
>>
>>47592285
>whats a good name for shadowlands that isn't gay as hell like shadowlands?
"Haunted."

Instead of saying "That mansion rests in the middle of a shadowland teeming with ghosts," you say "That's a haunted house."

Instead of saying "Those woods are one massive shadowland," you say "Those woods are haunted."

Easy, evocative, and immediately gets your actual point across. I cannot imagine the reasoning behind not going that route in the first place.
>>
>>47593123
It's probably because there is absolutely nothing wrong with the term shadowland, and because it's useful to have a specific term for something with specific in-setting meaning. I mean, a house where ghosts have managed to get into that's outside of a shadowland would presumably also be considered haunted, and it would be a very different thing from a house that's also a shadowland.
>>
So, as an ST, would you allow charms from the backer charms pdf in your games?
>>
>>47593201
yes, why wouldn't I? It's official material no different from any other supplement.
>>
>notice old thread is gone
>new thread already at 200+ posts
>see backer charms released
FUCK
How long until they're up for sale? For once I don't want to spoil myself on this shit but i also don't want to be gone from these threads for however many days
>>
>>47593234
Because it's written with the explicit goal of being OP? And being official has never stopped people from hating on Zeal.
>>
File: 1386069447794.jpg (174 KB, 1184x1361) Image search: [Google]
1386069447794.jpg
174 KB, 1184x1361
>>47593251
>How long until they're up for sale?

Knowing OPP, probably about a month.
>>
>>47593201

Yes.
>>
>>47593201
On an individual charm basis, with needing permission for each charm they want to buy, maybe.
>>
>>47593267

So are you saying High Essence charms should never exist?
>>
>>47593267
[citation needed]
>>
>>47593201
My ST has said maybe, but he'll need to approve them first.
>>
Well, same as any other charms, really, except for the 'apocryphal' Sail charms that apparently exist because the Devs and the Backer couldn't get to a meeting of the minds on Solar thematics.
>>
>>47593267
Zeal happened when White Wolf had money and Exalted was being written and designed by, like, five different teams of freelancers who never compared notes. Now that Onyx Path doesn't have enough money to hire more freelancers than can cover essential staff and are pretty likely to hire the same people over and over again, it's unlikely that anything to the level of Zeal or Lightspeed Body Dynamics is going to happen in 3e.

>Because it's written with the explicit goal of being OP?
[citation needed]
>>
>>47593301
>For this special book we focused on writing Charms that were very, very, V-E-R-Y powerful. We're talking power level turned up until the pages hum and >crackle with Essence.
from http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/exalted/876347-exalted-returns-the-solar-backer-charm-pdf
>>
>>47593267

If you aren't allowing your players to have MAXIMUM FUN, you're STing wrong.
>>
>>47593251
Also follow up, did they get released on the tail end of last thread or sometime today?
>>
>>47593337

Exactly.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.