[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG lore: MR ROCK AND MR COCK edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 83
File: FLakes.png (6 MB, 1801x3329) Image search: [Google]
FLakes.png
6 MB, 1801x3329
PREVIOUSLY ON THE FLAKE THREAD:

Ajani-lite. More flakes. ASHHAAYYAAAAA. Oh. Avatars. More stories were written and more bromances were formed. Will is a troll mastermind still and friends with Mr Santa. The plotlines are taking shape. Selenra continues to be bae. The Messenger thinks in code. Myrs are adorable when paired with Ajani-lite. The adventures of Symon and Zix begin. Symon X Anna.

JOIN IN ON THE STORY FUN.

WHO WILL YOUR FLAKE PICK?

Team Gaia or Team Will?

Or DIOMEDES

Previous Thread:
>>46880129

>THE GLORIOUS ADVENTURES OF MR COCK AND MR ROCK HAVE BEGUN
>>
Can I get Deka and Rinteller's flake sheets for reasons?
>>
>>46906982
>what is magical realm?
>>
What is this silly thing and how do you jump in?
>>
>>46907025

We make our own characters for MtG lore and write stories about them.
>>
>>46907098
And then they fight or hate fuck. Or bro out. Or other things.
>>
Reposting the Zix story cause it was tail-end of last thread, and because I made some changes. Things were awkward because I wanted him to interact with Diomedes and couldn't make it work, and ugh.

>pastebin
http://pastebin.com/TmK30nnT

Zix was sick of the woods. His search for Ugin had taken him to many a plane in the past few weeks, with no useful results. Kamigawa had nothing. Alara had nothing. Shandalar, Dominaria, Vryn, nothing. Now, after three days aimlessly wandering the forests of Lorwyn, he really had to wonder if his methodology should improve. He once again reached into his faded, travel-worn robes, and felt the piece of home that he carried there. He considered more than once going back. Ugin sounded powerful, from what he had been told. Maybe he'd gone there. Maybe he'd liberated the Mirrans, and maybe life there would be worth living, like it was before his kind was forced to the furnace layer. The darksteel slipped from his fingers. That was ridiculous, of course.

Screams from the underbrush startled Zix, and he spun to see a group of boggarts running past him in fear. Stunned, he was left alone when the hunters came into sight. "Eyeblight! We hunt!" It was by pure luck that Zix ducked out of the way in time to avoid the arrow. An elf, mounted upon a stag, rode into the clearing as he stood up, his hood falling back. Her face contorted into one of particular disgust, and Zix scowled, his plates growing tighter at the back of his neck. The elves here didn't like his kind, and he never particularly cared for them either. He would have gotten ready to fight her, but all too close he heard the tell-tale thundering of more hunters. He stepped back and started to planeswalk away, but she had already nocked another arrow. Zix disappeared from Lorwyn as she let it loose.

>continued
>>
>>46907098
Granted to produce something better than the current mtg plotline then, if anything. Is there some kind of template or stuff like that?
>>
>The Messenger thinks in code.

The fuck?
>>
File: zix.png (1 MB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
zix.png
1 MB, 1562x1186
>>46907138
He re-emerged from the blind eternities on a mountainside, precariously near a cliff. He stumbled back and slumped against the wall before even noticing the arrow in his side. With a grimace he yanked it out and applied pressure with his robes. Nothing he couldn't survive, as long as he didn't need mobility. Lying on the ground, staring into the sun, he had a few, painful but pleasant, moments of peace before someone's figure blocked out the sun.

"I thought I might find you here." It was William Arete.
"How'd you know I'd be here?"
"I know you're looking for Ugin, and I know where you might get some clues." William ignored the question. He did that a lot.
"You seem to know a lot of things."
"You just need to do something for me, and I can do something for you."

After their conversation, William stepped away, vanishing into the aether without a sound. A few minutes later, Zix had worked up the strength to stand, and started climbing the mountain. What felt like hours later, he reached the walled city at the top. Not every plane had goblins for him to blend in with, but if he wrapped himself up enough he could pass himself off as some hunchbacked beggar or prophet. The innkeeper gave him a strange look when he refused to lift his head, but glamered rocks look as good as anyone else's money.

Zix reached his room and checked his map. Innistrad; another place without goblins and with touchy natives. Still, he needed to go there to find more hedrons, and Symon Haskell. For whatever reason, William wanted this walker tracked down, and if he wanted him around, then maybe he'd be useful to Zix too, when William's project was all said and done. Zix lay on his bed and tried to get some sleep. The glamer would wear off in a few hours, so he'd have to be gone by then. He slowed time, giving himself twice as much time to rest, and slipped into an uneasy slumber.
>>
>>46907006
I saw that match up from last thread and realized that I think Deka and Rinteller are both involved with the church, and want to see if they're worth shipping.
>>
File: stone.png (895 KB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
stone.png
895 KB, 1562x1186
Also repostan' mr. rock because he's not on the flake sheet yet.
>>
File: delthefunkeewitness.png (1 MB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
delthefunkeewitness.png
1 MB, 1562x1186
Repostan Del.

Probably going to be writing a short little thing, but out of 100% totally unrelated curiosity, would Boros or Zzorious handle crime reports?
I know Boros is more military/police, but Azorious does more with actual law.
>>
>>46907259
The way I always took it, Boros is analogous to the police, while Azorius is analogous to the courts.

So Boros handles the crime reports and interrogations and such, while Azorius does legislation, actual trials and things like that.
>>
>>46907307
Figured as much, wasn't sure. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>46907259

I hope you know I'm forever going to refer to him as Del The Funky Witness now.
>>
>>46907157
reporting from another author:
ENVIROMENT: UNKNOWN_
BRETHREN PRESENCE : VALUE=0[LONELY]_
OBSTRUCTION PRESENCE: VALUE=0[SAFE]_

SEARCH: STOP_
MYR CONSTRUCTION PROTOCOL: EXECUTE_
SUMMON[BRETHREN SERVITOR]=20: REQUESTED_
MANA: SUFFICIENT_
SUMMON[BRETHREN SERVITOR]=20: EXECUTE_
BRETHREN PRESENCE: VALUE=20[NOT ALONE]_
ORDER: MATERIAL[METAL][COLLECT]_

ACTION[REST=172800]: EXECUTE_

ACTION[REST=172800]: COMPLETE_
MATERIAL PRESENCE: SUFFICIENT_
MATERIAL ANALYSIS: METAL[SILVER/IRON/COPPER]
BRETHREN PRESENCE: VALUE=0[LONELY]_
SUMMON[BRETHREN SERVITOR]=10: REQUESTED_
SUMMON[BRETHREN SERVITOR]=10: EXECUTE_
BRETHREN PRESENCE: VALUE=10[NOT ALONE]_
SUMMON[FORGEMASTER]=2: REQUESTED_
SUMMON[FORGEMASTER]=2: EXECUTE_
CONSTRUCT[MATRIX]: REQUESTED_
CONSTRUCT[RESERVOIR]: REQUESTED_
CONSTRUCT[TURBINE]: REQUESTED_
MATERIAL: SUFFICIENT_
CONSTRUCT[MATRIX/RESERVOIR/TURBINE]: EXECUTE_

COSTRUCT[MATRIX/RESERVOIR/TURBINE]: COMPLETE_
COMPLETION TIME: SUFFICIENT_
BRETHREN PRESENCE: VALUE=0[LONELY]_
ACTION[ACTIVATE=MATRIX/RESERVOIR/TURBINE]: EXECUTE_
ACTION[ACTIVATE=MATRIX/RESERVOIR/TURBINE]: COMPLETE_

ACTION[REST=432000]: EXECUTE_

ACTION[REST=432000]: COMPLETE_
BRETHREN PRESENCE : VALUE=UNKNOWN[NOT ALONE]_
ORDER: SEARCH_
SEARCH: EXECUTE_
>>
File: 1460927900654.jpg (809 KB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
1460927900654.jpg
809 KB, 1562x1186
>>46906982
Here's one. Deka only made a card, never filled out a sheet. Will post that in a moment.
>>
File: 1461013374146.jpg (38 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
1461013374146.jpg
38 KB, 375x523
>>46907477
>>
>>46907425
reposting* fuck

also, Ajani-lite flake here: debating making a fullteam of walkers (maybe including The Messenger because he's fun) with a Weatherlight-inspired ship because the lack of one for the Gatewatch really bothers me
>>
File: MtG_Snowflake_Base.png (149 KB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
MtG_Snowflake_Base.png
149 KB, 1562x1186
>>46907025
>>46907150
Trust me, it's not.

All we do is create non-canon planeswalkers and argue over whether they fit their right place in the color pie and if they spit on any lore. Some people get attached enough to start writing about them.

Here's the template for writing one up. Use MS Paint, Photoshop or whatever's convenient.
>>
>>46907150
Or an archive, either?
>>
File: MtG_Snowflake_Nonsense.png (160 KB, 1562x1406) Image search: [Google]
MtG_Snowflake_Nonsense.png
160 KB, 1562x1406
>>46907539
And if you want to go full blown Magical Realm, here's an alternate sheet.
>>
>>46907539
This looks like 96% of what MaRo does every day at work, excepts he gets paid for it and the stories look like straight out of a poor quality DC comics book...
>>
File: 1445169590367.jpg (4 MB, 1803x6030) Image search: [Google]
1445169590367.jpg
4 MB, 1803x6030
>>46907543
The closest thing to an archive is the image in >>46906914, which is a collection of all of the snowflake planeswalkers in the latest 'snowstorm,' boiled down and each given a basic summary.

Here's the old snowstorm from Autumn 2015, which is the last period when snowflakes were a big thing in lore threads.
>>
>>46907577
He's the design lead. He comes up with basic ideas for sets and planeswalkers and throws them at the creative team and says 'MAKE THIS LOOK COOL.' Otherwise, he's mostly focused on the card design aspect.

He probably contributed to Innistrad with stuff like 'what if we had a gothic horror set' and 'what if we had creatures that could transform.' Then it's up to the creative team, Doug Beyer and company, to turn his ideas into cool shit and good stories. Sad part is, the quality of the stories they produce can be determined by a coin flip.
>>
>>46907675
Yeah well, don't tell me he shouldn't slap the whole team in line some more. Say, I am not really sure about why and how they suppose anyone would be seeing Nahiri as anything but a crazed bitch, but they keep pushing her as some sort of antihero.
That, and making snapcaster red again.
>>
>>46907733
Well, the whole Nahiri-and-Sorin thing just makes any sane person want to grab them, smash their heads together and demand that they both grow the fuck up, understand when they've fucked up and learn how to apologize to each other.

Literally this entire conflict between those two walkers could have been prevented if either of them was just a tiny bit less self-righteous and had even had a shred of patience for one another.

As for MaRo, right now MtG's selling better than ever so right now, they're more interested in identifying what they're doing right and how to stay on that track than smacking the team around for doing anything wrong. Because as long as this shit sells, they feel like they're doing right.
>>
>>46907556
I want one of these filled out for Inzhu, Ginger, Iriqi, Katin, Cala, Izari, Naran, Deka, Sonia, Marjanah, Dyna, Astera, Cianne, Ygraine and Gaia

get on it
>>
>>46907989
>Cala
I'm going to post all three of my characters in short order, as soon as the old thread dies.
>>
>>46907543
There are some stories that have been logged. But if you want in on them you should ask anons to repost them.
>>
>>46908546
It would be cool to make a repository for this stuff like it was done for the saladian pantheon.
>>
>>46907989
>gaia
Aye aye, captain.
>>
>>46908596
That's a good idea. When I'm done with finals, I'll work on compiling stuff.
>>
File: Myr5.jpg (74 KB, 575x311) Image search: [Google]
Myr5.jpg
74 KB, 575x311
>>46907529
>(maybe including The Messenger because he's fun)
When its spark has made it less of a robot and more like a sentient being, I see it hopping onboard. It will just need a lot of convincing that travelling in a group is more effective than just going
CONSTRUCT[MATRIX/RESERVOIR/TURBINE]: EXECUTE_
And that it doesnt get the idea to do that while on the ship.
>>
I might work on another Symon-centric piece in the next day or two. Does anyone have Anna's sheet saved? I've not had a chance to look at it yet.

I also had a question- how strenuous is the actual act of planeswalking? Does it require much in the way of mana or stamina? I was thinking that perhaps an advantage of Symon's would be that since he's a seasoned traveller, he'd be able to planeswalk more precisely and frequently than most- perhaps not as well as a crazy oldwalker like William, but enough that he might tackle someone through the blind eternities if he was desperate and needed to wear them down.
>>
>>46907529
That luck like a good idea, I dig it.
>>
File: 1460778563451.png (2 MB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
1460778563451.png
2 MB, 1562x1186
>>46909050
>>
>>46907259
"Hey. There's a weird, interfering with our business. I think he may be rogue. Accidentally stopped the removal of the arrester poking her nose into our affairs. Send word when you can. "

"Working on it. Found a Boros report. Eight feet tall? Icy outside, fire inside? There's some scribbling about a book he was looking for. Pretty sure those meatheads didn't even know what it was for. Apparently he was in the library when the 'Rakdos cultist' burst in. Doesn't speak much, according to other incidents with him. Spoke in grumbles, said 'stop' and 'are you okay'. Mumbled about 'help with something'. Apparently, he saw some witnesses, and panicked. Vanished, nobody's seen him since. Izzet teleportal, maybe?"

"Someone found the book he was looking for the other day. Some stupid fiction book about other worlds. Poor bastard probably thinks it's real... Hey, unrelated, but we still up for date night?"

"Yeah, yeah, of course."

Short Del piece is done. With that, if anyone wants to use him for other stories.

POV is two Dimir agents. Don't quite know why.
>>
File: cardart_KTK_Plains_NoahBradley.jpg (75 KB, 700x450) Image search: [Google]
cardart_KTK_Plains_NoahBradley.jpg
75 KB, 700x450
Gods, Iosha hated sand. It got in everything. Her boots, her hair, her ship. Everything. And the damnable sun was awful, beating down on her. She just knew that she was burning already. "So what are we doing here again?" She huffed. Trust a leonin to have 'friends to find' on a backwater desert plane. She wondered how he wasn't dying of heat stroke; his mane wasn't exactly small, and on top of his fur he was wearing some sort of leather armor.

"Tracking." he muttered, eyes closed and nose lifted. Iosha snorted with derision. "What, by smelling him out? How long ago did you last see him here, that you think he might still be here?" Nishal sighed and turned to look at her, clearly unimpressed by her constant talking. "By feeling for his mana. Mirrodin has a feel to it, the same way that Fiora does, and the myr have their own specific touch." He looked back out into the distance, searching. "He has travelled far, but I believe he is still here." He walked back aboard Iosha's ship, leaving her standing in the harsh desert. "Are you coming?" He called from deep inside. "I do not know how to fly this." She heard him mutter. She rolled her eyes and boarded the ship, whisking the sand away from herself and the Forerunner. No way was she allowing it to start building up. If it did there was no getting rid of it.
"So where is he on this sandtrap?" she asked when she reached the helm. Nishal was sitting in one of the seats, brushing his legs off onto the deck. Iosha surreptitiously ignored the small pile of sand forming beneath him, reminding herself that the constructs regularly clean the deck. "I believe he is in the Abbasid kingdom. It should be roughly half a day's flight north. Should we leave now we will be there in time for one of their bazaars. All sorts of artifacts there, if you would like to look around while I attempt to locate our friend." She didn't say anything, because she knew he would see how excited she would be about the chance to explore another(cont'd)
>>
File: Jakrol Kejem.png (1 MB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
Jakrol Kejem.png
1 MB, 1562x1186
>>46908183
Would you look at that, it passed. Three flakes coming up.
>>
File: Jakrol, Pain Savant.png (235 KB, 375x524) Image search: [Google]
Jakrol, Pain Savant.png
235 KB, 375x524
>>46909864
>>
File: Cala.png (2 MB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
Cala.png
2 MB, 1562x1186
>>46908183
>>
File: Cala, Mischief Seeker.png (273 KB, 375x524) Image search: [Google]
Cala, Mischief Seeker.png
273 KB, 375x524
>>46909910
>>
File: Remes.png (2 MB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
Remes.png
2 MB, 1562x1186
>>46908183
And this guy.
>>
File: Remes, Dimir Artificer.png (256 KB, 375x524) Image search: [Google]
Remes, Dimir Artificer.png
256 KB, 375x524
>>46909958
>>
File: airship_by_terrylh-d60ffmw.jpg (91 KB, 1007x504) Image search: [Google]
airship_by_terrylh-d60ffmw.jpg
91 KB, 1007x504
>>46909647
plane's artifice. Instead she simply grunted her understanding and lifted the Forerunner off the sand, hands flying over the control panels as she changed their altitude and speed to follow Nishal's direction. She wondered to herself what kinds of artifice would exist here. Maybe more automatons? She was always looking for new crewmates. And any sort of advanced engines would be welcome.
There was nothing but sand between them and the Abbasid kingdom, and so they arrived what felt much sooner than the half a day that was suggested. The sun was setting behind them as they drew close enough to disembark before too many natives seen the airship, and walked through the large gates surrounding an elaborate castle and the surrounding buildings. Inside the walls was immense bustle, and Iosha was amazed at the sheer amount of business that was taking place around her. The only thing that she'd seen come even remotely close was the markets of Ravnica, and those existed on a plane that was nothing but city! She quickly turned to her companion and handed him a disk of her own invention. "Break it when you find him," she instructed. "We'll meet at the gates when you do." He nodded to her and set off into the bustle, quickly losing himself in the crowd. With that taken care of she went her way, searching for the bazaar she had been promised. It didn't take long; the noisiest section of the streets were full of stalls and hawkers, each vying for the attention of the person so clearly not local to this kingdom.
Ignoring them, she made her way to the first stall she seen with any sort of artifice; a large booth filled with all sorts of trinkets. She reached into her satchel and pulled out something she had snagged Esper before she first left; a small bird that could fly on its own. The stall owner hooted when he seen it, indicating to his own stock in a sign to open barter. She stared intently, then settled on a silver dagger inlaid with jems and gold. The shopkeep contd
>>
>>46907605
Would you happen to have Ioneth's sheet?
>>
>>46909910
Will anon here, I'd like to have her as another student if you're interested. I think she'd be a good counterpoint to Zix.
>>
>>46909989
>>46909647
Who's Iosha? I remember Nishal from last thread
>>
File: merchantflake.jpg (889 KB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
merchantflake.jpg
889 KB, 1562x1186
Reposting Lawrence the Monger
>>
>>46910120
Good luck? She's really hard to pin down, even with the lure of academia. It wouldn't take very long before she got another burning question that she has to go off and find an answer for.

Also, try not to keep flammable or fragile valuables around that aren't books. They may not survive.
>>
File: Ioneth.png (2 MB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
Ioneth.png
2 MB, 1562x1186
>>46910101
>>
>>46909989
nodded his approval and she handed him the bird, then grabbed the blade and placed it into her bag. If nothing else the gems could be repurposed as eyes for another automaton, but mostly she liked the way the blade looked. It was at most an improvement on her current weapon, and at least a fine companion. She smiled and walked away from the stall, but before she could find another to peruse her bag began to vibrate. She reached inside to find the source, and soon pulled out a disk identical to the one she had handed to Nishal. She was impressed; she thought that it would have taken much longer to locate the companion he was searching for. As she made her way to the gates she heard a great commotion coming from the direction the leonin had travelled in when they arrived. Turning to get a look at the cause of the disturbance, she was greeted by her companion and a metallic creature half his size running through the crowd. "Iosha!" he roared. "Get to the ship! I angered the Djinn!" She sighed and started running as fast as she could. Of course he hadn't been able to do anything peacefully. Stupid paladins.
Nishal and his friend quickly caught up to her, and she was more than a little angry to hear him chuckling as he ran. Instead of shouting at him then and there she bottled it in, deciding that waiting until they were safely inside the Forerunner would make her berating him much more satisfying. The wind began to whip about them, and was quickly in a frenzy. Nishal slowed to a stop and she quickly followed suit, turning to see what development had caused the leonin to stop running. She did not like what she seen: above the gates was a whirlwind of sand, and in its centre was what Iosha could only assume was the Djinn. She couldn't help but notice that he looked angrier at them than she felt about the sand getting all over her clothes and likely into every pocket of her bag. (cont'd)

>>46910183
new walker, esper artificer human. Have to write up a backstory
>>
>>46910215
Belloski/Lawrence trade war when?
>>
>>46910237
Yeah, I figured he'd more or less point her in a direction with enough instructions and foresight that she might get stuff done. Cool though, hope she does get used in a story then.
>>
>>46910251
Sweet thanks!
>>
File: JR_2.jpg (324 KB, 675x526) Image search: [Google]
JR_2.jpg
324 KB, 675x526
>>46910259
She felt more than heard his shout of indignation, though him drawing his swords definitely punched home the point. Ioasha and Nishal both quickly drew their own weapons, and an ominous hum began to emanate from the centre of their metal friend.
Nishal pointed his sword towards the Djinn and roared, and Iosha watched as the walls beneath him crumbled. The swords in his hands, too, began to disintegrate. Responding to the roar with a shout of his own, the winds assaulting them began to gain strength. Iosha began throwing her own spells at their flying enemy, starting first with countermagic and when that failed moving to hexes to sap at the Djinn's power. His flight began to sag, and as he drew closer to the ground Nishal began to charge towards him. She kept up her barrage of spells, feeling more energy than she thought she had. It felt strange; very unlike her own energy, and not too different from Nishal's.
Nishal leapt into the air, bringing his sword to bear against the Djinn's and bringing them both crashing to the earth. Nishal reached into her bag and drew out an automaton, throwing it towards the clashing leonin as a metallic blur flew towards the combat. Her own contraption expanded out from itself into a construct wielding a mace and a shield, as the blur met its target and once again knocked the Djinn off his feet as the myr joined the fight. Iosha's eyes darted back to her side - the myr was still there. Throwing off her befuddlement,she turned back to the fight and continued throwing disabling magic at the Djinn while also assisting her ally with supporting magics. The fight was quickly over when it was three to one, and soon Nishal and the two constructs stood over a defeated king. He turned and began walking towards the Forerunner once again, leaving Abbasid in stunned silence to deal with their fallen leader. When Iosha and the myr fell in step beside him, he answered her questioning stare with a simple "they were treating him as a slave."
>>
File: beardboy laughing.jpg (27 KB, 412x352) Image search: [Google]
beardboy laughing.jpg
27 KB, 412x352
>>46907197
>>
>>46907197
Terrible walker, clearly needs red in colour identity. No mountains in deck, why bother.
>>
>>46909927
I, DIOMEDES, would take her to war!
>>
File: Selenra.png (1 MB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
Selenra.png
1 MB, 1562x1186
Selenra-anon here, thinking of trying to spew out some writing today. Any thoughts on a direction?
>>
>>46910605
Once more aboard the Forerunner and stationed at the control panels, Iosha surveyed her newest crew member. Nishal informed her that he had simply thought of the myr as The Messenger, though he was not sure what message exactly he was sent to deliver. She didn't mind having him aboard; he didn't look dangerous, and if Nishal said he was integral to their mission then she trusted him.
She was pulled out of her thoughts by Nishal's voice. "Messenger," he started, speaking to the myr. "I have been told that there is an impenetrable plane in the multiverse, a plane full of magics and controlled by an ancient, mighty planeswalker. I believe that she has the power we need to help us end the Phyrexian contagion of our home, and I would like to know if you would like to help us find a way to access this plane. If we can get to her, we may be able to convince her to help us save our plane."
Iosha and Nishal stared expectantly at the myr, waiting for him to speak his mind. After a few minutes of silence, Nishal simply said "Alright. He hasn't tried to planeswalk off the ship, so I'm assuming he's on board with the plan." He turned to look at her, smiling. The smile faltered slightly before he said "There is one more ally I would like to find before we try to enter the sealed plane. Do you have any bad blood with orcs?"
Iosha didn't respond, simply throwing her hands into the air and shouting.

When the Messenger copied her actions and trilled loudly, she couldn't help but laugh at the absurdity.

>>46910846
join Nishral, Iosha, and the Messenger on the quest for Gaia!
>>
>>46910846
How she teamed up with DIOMEDES?
>>
I was going to post a new 'flake, but i need pictures! Pictures of female human rogues in reasonable attires!
>>
>>46910919
I know your pains. The character art threads on /tg/ and the tgbooru aren't currently meeting my needs. I've taken to just flipping through my already existing image folder and building characters around what I think looks like it would be an interesting flake.
>>
>>46910919
I can't seem to find a picture of a blue skinned elf.
>>
>>46910889
also, self-review: not bad for something I just started writing, but now I need to make an Iosha page and a proper design for the SS Forerunner. Guh.

Also I figured I'd tie in Gaia to bring my flakestory together with the mian story of the flakethread.
>>
>>46909927
You should keep in mind that elspeth, sun's champion and the new chandra are six mana walkers. That plus ability is still way too much on your three mana walker.
>>
I've never made a walker card, any advice?
>>
>>46907529
the Gatewatch doesn't have a boat because the Weatherlight itself took a few thousand years to make and required collapsing a plane - and the laws of the multiverse have changed since then to make interplanar travel a whole shitload harder for anything other than a planeswalker.
Even assuming the Weatherlight's method still works, do you want to spend a millenia crafting a ship out of unique materials and then sacrificing an entire plane to get it going?
>>
>>46911049
Elspeth also comes into play with one more loyalty counter. That obviously doesn't make up the entire difference in balance, just sayin'. She's more vulnerable out of the gate and her abilities are also mostly more niche.
>>
>>46911117
post-mending, Venser nearly developed a silver-based ship that would have allowed them to travel between planes but then he caught the ded. Feasibly someone could be doing the same thing, probably with some sort of Etherium engine or something that's driven by the aether that makes up the B.E.
>>
>>46907989

>Izari

Glad you're thinking of her. What do you expect from her?
>>
File: 541_ironmyr_mrd.jpg (104 KB, 620x451) Image search: [Google]
541_ironmyr_mrd.jpg
104 KB, 620x451
>>46910919
Try out pinterest too.
>>46910990
Myr anon here. I'm really glad you used The Messenger more in your story. I say that because what I am going to ask about next is going to make me look like a huge ungrateful cunt which is not making me feel happy.
Basically, I wish to know how they knew the myr's name, its not exactly tossed around, especially since "The Messenger" is a name that people chasing after it gave to it. I also wish to know how it was recruited to the crew, when it is not gaining immediate benefits towards its own goal. I assume that since the myr was treated "as a slave" it is still in its early days of planeswalking and it has not integrated myr construction protocols or its powers to summon temporary myrs as its defence, or it would have otherwise been found in a giant myr reservoir in the desert.

Perhaps I should update its card, since The Messenger is a crazy robot. Not in the style that it wants to learn what "a heart" is. It is, before its spark makes it feel something else, entirely mission-oriented.

Once again, really sorry for sounding like an ungrateful cunt. I am happy that anyone finds any use for The Messenger. I just cant help but to notice these things as the creator of this robot which acts more like an antagonist than a hero.
>>
>>46910890
Methinks I'd need to talk with DIOMEDES more about that.

>>46910889
It would make more sense if Selenra knew the slightest thing about that.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 1562x1186
Here's a new flake. She's a little spicy.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1200x1644) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1200x1644
>>46911263
Here is her full pic.
>>
>>46911199
dude, sorry I got his character so wrong! I wasn't sure how he was supposed to work AS a character, so I was mostly going "alright, this feels like it would work in the story and also do a good job with what the character feels like to me." my bad bro. this is a genuine apology and not me being an asshole.
honestly I was setting this story like, a year or two after the first one. Nishal would have 'walked a lot more, and would probably have started trying to gather as much info as he could on anyone he wanted to come with him to free his home. in searching for the myr and his background, I figure SOMEONE would have called him The Messenger at some point.

and I was actually planning on setting this later into the myr's spark life, after he had developed sentience and was beginning to display a rudimentary personality. I was planning on writing a giant myr reservoir into the desert, but then got sidetracked with the Djinn fight. I can probably write something about them continuing on to the reservoir and attaching at least part of it to the ship, to create a mobile myr reservoir like I was planning on.

>>46911202
if you give me a plane that she's on right now I might be able to hammer out a little start of a story from the crewside and we could do a back-and-forth thing about her joining or deciding to not if you want to
>>
File: 1461620474690.png (1003 KB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
1461620474690.png
1003 KB, 1562x1186
Whelp, I'll look for a good pic when I am more comfortable and it is not 3 am.
>>
>>46911399
She's on Lorywn, but she's on the cusp of travelling, so you could reasonably meet her in Ravnica or Theros too, I guess.

My main concern when writing is that I don't feel comfortable writing on behalf of other people's flakes.
>>
File: kinky dragon jew.png (1 MB, 1570x1406) Image search: [Google]
kinky dragon jew.png
1 MB, 1570x1406
I was bored
>>
>>46911529
>favorite position
This ignited the spark of my sides, sending them off to another plane.
>>
>>46911263
A lot of her attitude is on the very, very edge of Rakdos. She exploits people only to kill them, she's cruel towards her underlings and she asserts herself as queen and top of the pile wherever she goes. She's very, very close to deserving some black in her color pie.
>>
>>46911497
I'm gonna shower and pass out because I've got exams tomorrow, but after all that's dealt with I'm cool to start co-writing a thing about them meeting. until then I'll probably still be posting, but no more writing for me
>>
>>46907989
>>46908622
Anon asked and I delivered. I'm a good person.

For you, anon. For you.
>>
>>46911646
Sure.
>>
File: katin smut.png (1 MB, 1562x1406) Image search: [Google]
katin smut.png
1 MB, 1562x1406
>>46907989
Here's Katin's.
>>
>>46911129
I believe the point being made was that getting two tokens is too much for a three mana walker's plus, regardless of starting loyalty. Which it is, before factoring in the dies trigger instead of getting generic tokens. Hell, the first Elspeth was a major constructed playable at four mana and only got one vanilla token, and yours gets two with abilities at cheaper. It'd be played just for that.
>>
>>46911448
Paranoid, self-interested rogue just looking to keep an eye on their own back, that's a pretty good take on black. She needs some more red in her though and I'm not talking about goblin dick.
>>
>>46911202
But I am DIOMEDES!
>>
>>46911164
Lots of switching. I imagine she's into breathplay, restrictive bondage, anything that leaves her (or her partner) feeling very, very vulnerable.
>>
>>46911698
I do remember though Teferi bringing his merry friends around with him at a point. Though I guess only oldwalkers could do that.
>>46911730
You mean Akki dick right?
...Ugh.
>>
>>46911765
Mending is what shut off most of the happy funtime bring-your-friends-with-you shenanigans.
>>
>>46911653
But did Will meet those standards? I hope for my ship he did
>>
>>46911715
Trust me, I know it's not really balanced. Just made the argument to try to cushion. That being said, I'm pretty sure my character design is less awful than my card design.
>>
>>46911749
I ship DIOMEDES x GLORY

Is there any flake that could beat him in a fight?
>>
File: the-art-of-jason-chan-2.jpg (254 KB, 910x1400) Image search: [Google]
the-art-of-jason-chan-2.jpg
254 KB, 910x1400
>>46911448
>>46910919
I'll post five. Pick one or find your own.
>>
Since this was fun last thread: Post joke theme songs for your flakes, try to guess who everyone's is based on the songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acQ6jLe3R8E
>>
>>46911508
Don't know what breathplay is and too lazy to google it. And she doesn't like to feel vulnerable. But, she always leaves people feeling vulnerable and violated.

>>46911627
Al almost thought about it. But, she's not underhanded. She's very straightforward and just excited by battle.

And the only thing that goes in her color pie ends up being dominated into psychologically scarring submission.
>>
>>46911913
>>
>>46911147
Venser was also looting Phyrexian portal ships, was a savant with teleportation technology, knew people that were involved with the Tolarian academy AND the guy who the Weatherlight became, and even with all of that didn't get it right. I don't think it's really feasible when a character literally has every possible advantage and still doesn't succeed at it before dying.
>>
>>46911941
>>
File: dark_elf_by_butjok-d48sq6u.jpg (117 KB, 900x1172) Image search: [Google]
dark_elf_by_butjok-d48sq6u.jpg
117 KB, 900x1172
>>46911971
>>
File: kim-seung-jin-1.jpg (179 KB, 1000x1447) Image search: [Google]
kim-seung-jin-1.jpg
179 KB, 1000x1447
>>46911987
Hopefully one of these fits the bill.
>>
>>46907529
Use planar portals. They're canon the only way for non-walkers to survive going to another plane. Rare as fuck, but useful.
>>
File: Untitled.png (23 KB, 614x336) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
23 KB, 614x336
>>46911918
Now you know! And knowing is half the battle.
>>
>>46912017
Also stopped working after the Mending.
>>
>>46912019
Why not just say erotic asphyxiation?
>>
>>46911971
>>46911987
>>46911941
>>46911913
>>46912010
Thanks for the help man, I'll save these and decide on which to use tomorrow morning.
>>
>>46911791
Well, time will tell won't it?

I hope Urza met those standards. I make blasphemous ships.
>>
>>46912047
Simplification.
>>
>>46911749
In which case I refer you back to.

>>46911202
>My main concern when writing is that I don't feel comfortable writing on behalf of other people's flakes.
>>
>>46907477
>>46907503
Thanks for dropping these in. Unfortunately, without much more than a custom card to go on, I'm not seeing much point in doing anything interesting with these two.

Rinteller's seems really low-power for a planeswalker, or is that just because I'm coming off Nahiri and Sorin?
>>
>>46911916

Mostly just the name.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XFFqYQl-Cc4
>>
>>46912090
Well I think we can talk a something out. Personally, I think he just challenges every flake he can find, so meeting her would have ended with two violent, bloodthirsty individuals having the time of their lives and DIOMEDES offering her a place with him and Tien Sheng.
>>
>>46912070
No, Will will tell time.
>>
>>46911529
>dragon milfs

Well, the guy's got good taste.
>>
>>46912105
>She's supposed to be from Innistrad, but I'm apparently fucking worthless when it comes to set symbols. Anyway, Deka was a Cathar under Thalia, whose Spark just recently ignited. She's currently lost as all fuck, no idea where she is or what's going on, but she's determined to try and keep doing the right thing none the less.

>I'm actually using her in an upcoming game that's centered around a small group of young Neowalkers trying to survive the many dangers that hunt young Walkers.

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/46746021/#46756735

That's all we really know of Deka, sadly. As for Rinteller and lots of other planeswalkers, lots of flakemakers seem to choose to ignore the 'all planeswalkers are naturally gifted with powerful magic' lore. Or in other cases, their powers are used in rather mundane ways like Ginger's superspeed, Selenra's ability to make some fantastic gear, Tomiko's affinity for poisons and toxins and so on.
>>
>>46911448
Thinking about it I have no idea about how these walkers interacts with each other.
>>46912242
Say, who is this DIOMEDES guy?
>>
>>46910889
The mission that Nishal is on, is it trying to get into Gaia's realm?
>>
>>46912300
Nevermind. I'm retarded.
>>
>>46912281
>Deka was a Cathar under Thalia, whose Spark just recently ignited. She's currently lost as all fuck, no idea where she is or what's going on
>Rinteller is currently on a quest of personal vengeance after the angels fucked up his pet village

Suddenly, I see potential after all
>>
File: Diomedes.png (2 MB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
Diomedes.png
2 MB, 1562x1186
>>46912295
TO GLORY! need to redo it
>>
>>46912300
>>46912318

trying to get to Gaia's realm to enlist her assistance in the eradication of New Phyrexia, yeah
>>
>>46912295
One of them is doing something on a plane, the other one stumbles across them doing things and likely figures out from basic information that the other person's a planeswalker. Shenanigans ensue.
>>
>>46912382
ALL HAIL!
>>46912436
Ah, I see. I'd like to get to know more when I come back, then. Hopefully with a pic for Murdock.
>>
File: Alexstrasza.png (504 KB, 550x596) Image search: [Google]
Alexstrasza.png
504 KB, 550x596
>>46911529
>Dragon Milfs
Boy, do I have the perfect lady for him.
>>
>>46912487
No. No you don't.
>>
Here's my first Flake for the new storm. I had a few in the last one, but no R/B ones.

A note about her name. It's pronounced in a classical Latin or Greek way, so the th makes a hard T sound.
>>
>>46911909
>CHALLENGE ACCEPTED
>>
>>46912579
That's not fair at all, but I concede you win.
>>
>>46912457
Not much to know more about. Most planeswalkers are pretty obvious outsiders and foreigners, to the point where they're picked out by natives as obviously being out of place. And if natives can do it, most planeswalkers definitely can.

If someone on Theros has red hair, coppery metal embedded in their skin, wears a tricorne and fights like they're out of a wuxia flick, they're probably a planeswalker.
>>
>>46912426
But does he know it will kill the plane and piss her off?
>>
>>46912544
a FOOOOLISH THEROSIAN WARRIOR wielding a MAGIC WHIP, who was FLUNG THROUGH A PORTAL THROUGH TIME?
>>
>>46911764

Interesting. Why do you think that?
>>
>>46912660
not a clue, no.
>>
>>46912526
What are you, gay?
>>
>>46912660
Sounds like Kixdle's kind of work.
>>
>>46910889
Nishal and Iosha's sheets? And how do they know about the plane at all?
>>
>>46912671
Yep. Except she's not trying to get back to the past, and her word is generally the law when she's around.
>>
>>46912544
Too much interaction with the gods of Theros for me to feel comfortable. You're making a character that defined the history of not only an entire plane but a canon plane, even if her actions have faded into antiquity.

One of the less lore friendly snowflakes.
>>
>>46912691
>Kixdle's
Who?
>>
>>46912685
Not gay enough for that thing in the pic.
>>
>>46912544
Nice, a perfect rival for DIOMEDES!
>>
>>46912726
Her. >>46911263 >>46911286
>>
>>46912010
Would you happen to have anything that could pass for a blue elf?
Or a neat tree elemental?
>>
File: Planeswalker Nishal.png (1 MB, 1562x1302) Image search: [Google]
Planeswalker Nishal.png
1 MB, 1562x1302
>>46912697
Nishal's sheet, Iosha doesn't have one yet.

As for knowing about the plane, I'm going with "planeswalkers keep talking about some dude trying to get onto a plane with an immensely powerful walker. maybe this uberstrong walker will help us take back Mirrodin!"
>>
>>46912719
More lore friendly than the Phyrexian construct, or the myr, or the 'this is exactly my reanimator deck' necromancer, or Cromat Nissa at least.
>>
>>46912719
I could probably scratch off Iroas, and just say she was slain by a god. Might have been far enough back that the only member of the Pantheon still the same would be Kruphix.

I also realize I made it seem like she was hot shit, but I intended her to be more of an upstart who got so big for their britches that they got killed. Kinda like what happened to Gideon, but the evil version.
>>
File: Gaia, the World Core.png (1 MB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
Gaia, the World Core.png
1 MB, 1562x1186
>>46907543
>>46908596
Well, I don't have a repository, but here's a repost of the shit I've written. Pic related is flake sheet, next post is pdf.
>>
>>46911263
>>46911286
Zix'd hit that.

he probably wouldn't. sounds dangerous
>>
>>46912785
Correct.

She's not eye-rollingly awful but it's a bit too important in the setting for me to comfortable and say I approve. It's a good idea but putting it on Theros, a canon plane and making her have a dramatic impact on a part of the Multiverse? I can't like that.

Just criticism from an anon though, so you don't need to listen to it.
>>
File: Gaia's story.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Gaia's story.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46912815
>>
>>46912830
Realistically, I think it seems like something that would be pretty common on Theros. Or, common relative to other planes. People step up to fight gods, get smacked, and become yet another legendary figure slowly fading into antiquity as more modern versions crop up to take their place.
>>
>>46912756
>As for knowing about the plane, I'm going with "planeswalkers keep talking about some dude trying to get onto a plane with an immensely powerful walker. maybe this uberstrong walker will help us take back Mirrodin!"
Seems logical enough. At this point Will's been all over the timeline so there's bound to have been rumors and archives made. Maybe he went to an interplanar library on a hub world (like Ravnica or something) and found an old worn-out passage about said sealed-off plane. Then he periodically found other mentions of it and went "Worth a shot."
>>
>>46912675
Pharika's all about the dichotomy of life and death and utilizing methods that are capable of propagating them both. With Izari following that philosophy as well, I imagine she'd view sex in a similar light. Pleasure and pain are simply two different responses to stimulation, why not embrace both the same way that Pharika embraces life and death simultaneously?

So erotic asphyxiation and anything else that helps inspire helplessness and makes her or her partner feel like they're teetering between life and death? That seems like the sort of thing a disciple of Pharika would dig.
>>
>>46912785
Not really. Which one of those added too actual lore instead of creating their own that's stands on it's own feet, an addition that technically recanted actual lore.
>>
>>46912870
Absolutely, it happened a lot in reality. Nonetheless, it's a canon plane with an established history and trying to shove a character into it feels a little awkward.

I'd be more likely to give it a thumbs-up if it was a character from a non-canon plane.
>>
>>46912818
Very. Shit, I have a feeling that most guys don't survive sex with that pickled cunt.
>>
Alright. I have an idea for a Flake but I need ideas to make it work.

He's W/B with a focus on mass removal spells and stuff like Barren Glory. He goes and blows up countries or whole planes so he gets to be lord of the ashes.

How could I have that interact with other people without him just exploding every plane he goes to?
>>
>>46912891
Sounds like blindfolds to me. Any other sense deprevation could work.
>>
>>46913009
I was focusing on the pain-pleasure dichotomy but sure, the contrast between the presence and absence of stimulation could be something she'd focus on as well.
>>
>>46912891
>>46913009
I imagine Izari and Katin would have great blind-sex.
>>
>>46912932
Yeah as much as I'd like to ship Zix or Mr. Rock I feel like neither has personalities particularly conducive to any kind of sexual relations.
>>
>>46912891

That makes a lot of sense, actually. I'll have to keep that in mind. I could totally see her doing that. There are also lewds to be had getting trained by a gorgon, I'm sure.

>>46913009

Definitely.
>>
>>46912890
>>46912756
Will anon here, it's been a long standing development discovered over thousands of fast forwarded years. Entire academies of magic have been built just to basically figure out the nature of this missing realm. Overall, I'm down with Will guiding Nishal around very subtly, if not outright pushing them forward with missions. Dude can time travel, I have no doubt he could manipulate them, if that's not too presumptuous.
>>
>>46913049

Izari has taken a liking to Lorwyn, and has an interest in some faerie magic.
>>
>>46913156
Hey, Will-anon. Would you or anyone else be annoyed if I posted more bits about Gaia's history?

I'm terribly sorry for the spam, it's just I've fallen in love with my creation.
>>
>>46912753
Do you mean blue skin, or blue color identity?

Nonetheless, posting blueberry elf girls (half of which are actually just grey).
>>
>>46913612
Go for it! I'm really enjoying keeping William enigmatic and not telling his story myself, but instead having it told through other's point of view if you want to include him.
>>
>>46913217
Oooh, do I smell a ship brewing?
>>
>>46913640
>>
>>46913659
>>
File: dark_elf_by_agnidevi.jpg (135 KB, 840x1018) Image search: [Google]
dark_elf_by_agnidevi.jpg
135 KB, 840x1018
>>46913670
>>
>>46913217
Maybe Kixdle will blow up Lorwyn for you. Then Izari will be free from that nightmare.
>>
File: dark_elf_by_njoo.jpg (99 KB, 541x700) Image search: [Google]
dark_elf_by_njoo.jpg
99 KB, 541x700
>>46913682
>>
>>46913659
That's a Drow. >__>
>>
>>46913721
Drow are elves, frequently depicted with a blueish skin tone. Deal with it.
>>
>>46913644

Maybe. They're both humans on Lorwyn, which is an oddity. It's not unlikely that they would have met.

>>46913692

She likes Lorwyn because it's a stark contrast to Grixis.
>>
>>46912756
Nishal vs DIOMEDES when?
>>
>>46913641
Ok then.

As I said in the last thread, in her life before her spark ignited, Gaia fought under Feanor at the First Battle of Beleriand. In those days she was known as Tuilarë (her Quenya name, meaning springtime) or Celuêl (her Sindarin name, meaning the source of stars/starlight). Celuêl was adventurous and excitable in those days, and was outraged at Morgoth's defilement of Beleriand and Middle-Earth. So she joined with the rest of the Noldor of her house (those who did not return with Finarfin to the Undying Lands), and fought against the Dark Lord's forces when they came to Beleriand. But when the orcish and demonic hordes retreated from the Havens to bombard Feanor's troops, much of the battlefield was consumed in flames. Celuêl, like so many others, burnt to death in these fires.

Pic related is her spirit, just moments after her death, appearing as it did on the battlefield. This was was her in the spirit realm when she beseeched the guardians of the Halls of Mandos (where dead elves go in Tolkien's universe) to allow her passage. But because of the First Kinslaying (the first time an Eldar slew an Eldar, a conflict initiated by Feanor), and because she had not repented with Finarfin (because she felt it was more urgent to fight the source of Arda's evil head-on than to retreat behind the Valar's walls), she was denied passage.

Between the trauma of her sudden death and being denied piece with the rest of her kin, her spark ignited and she slipped into the Blind Eternities.
>>
>>46914015
Jesus hot coma wife was hot before she was a coma wife. Belagir's mom has got it going on.
>>
>>46914015
But how did she meet Will!
>>
>>46914091
That is a story for another time.
>>
>>46912335
I'm okay with you using Rinteller, but Deka is an RPG character, it seems. I wouldn't go changing stuff around with a PC like that.
>>
>>46914100
Tell it! We need closure! Or rather, an opening into their relationship.
>>
>>46914015
Damn. Someone reads a LOT of Tolkien.
>>
>>46914256
Indeed I do.

Did you guys find the story interesting at least? Not a writefag episode I know, but it at least details some of her past.
>>
>>46914046
daily reminder that you will never fuck hot coma wife before she was coma wife.
>>
File: kinky kobold.png (1 MB, 1562x1406) Image search: [Google]
kinky kobold.png
1 MB, 1562x1406
>>46911529
Another one because I was super bored
can the Simic make waifus that don't smell like sushi?
>>
>>46914015
>>46914389

Aaaaaand, now I've begun writefagging how Celuêl died. Why do I like to make my characters suffer?
>>
Power Tiers

>COCK TIER
Razorcock

>UNGLUED TIER
The Rock, Chillbrass

>Old Walker
Gaia, Will when travelling back before the Mending, Unknown?

>God Tier
DIOMEDES, Dyna, Kikiki, Hasomaru, Gwendolyn, Irriad

High Tier
Kolya, Rakkor, Acervus, Akanta, Vronak, Amund, Kharan, Ivander, Ariadne, Hakam, Ka'Koarm.

>Planeswalker Tier
Ygraine, Huija, Sheng, Zenri, Zix, Deka, Kaina, Cadros. Albin, Naran, Veldren, Wrotok, Skotonos, Balbus, Vontrask

>low tier
Ninki, Inzhu, Ginger, Stuzec, Sajek, Belloski, Katin, Sumarru, Izari, Mihails, Frances, Tomiko,
Xaniphe, Sonia, Vanya, Astera

These are all speculative and based on their fluff of seeking combat/other factors. A lot were left out, let me know if you feel there should be adjustments.
>>
>>46914748
>Will when travelling back before the Mending
Does Will actually have the power of a Pre-mending walker though? Or is he like Ugin; still ridiculously powerful, but a far cry from what he was before the Mending?

Will-anon, can you tell us?
>>
>>46914389
Give us the tales of her adventures in the planes! Was Ungoliat an Eldrazi?
>>
>>46914814
>Was Ungoliant an Eldrazi
If she was, then she is still eating herself to this day somewhere in the bowels of Arda.

God I love Tolkien's world.

Anyway, I'm working on the story of how she died, at the moment. You'll get to see a young Gaia (generally called Celuêl then).
>>
>>46914779
He's Ugin tier post mending, but what makes him dangerous is his ability to go back pre-mending with time travel and set up crazy shit. Truth be told though, he's no fighter. DIOMEDES could beat him in a straight fight probably, it's the other shit he's got going on. Then again, I think DIOMEDES is Nico Bolas tier.
>>
Oh god why did I write in that font..

For the counsel's approval.

A naive not-so-crabgrill that may or may not be being manipulated by Sorin 1.0.
>>
File: Fate Swept Homarid.jpg (82 KB, 752x523) Image search: [Google]
Fate Swept Homarid.jpg
82 KB, 752x523
>>46915028
Flake card
>>
>>46914631
I'm afraid the sushi is mandatory
>>
>>46915028
Baron Sengir? Oh boy, Will's going to track her down in a heart beat.
>>
File: Fate Swept Camarid.jpg (83 KB, 752x523) Image search: [Google]
Fate Swept Camarid.jpg
83 KB, 752x523
>>46915042
Fucckkkk. Wrong one.

She was only a tiny camarid before sparking.
>>
>>46915042
Way too week at that ridiculously expensive cost. Make it somethign stronger base or just cost U/B. Otherwise lightning strike kills it in one. Snow is a mechanic that's pretty much gone and would need a lot of reminder text.
>>
>>46914882
But does his spark become pre-mending when he travels back? Or did the Mending permanently change it?
>>
>>46915089
I honestly don't know. I want to say he goes back, but I have no idea.
>>
About halfway done with Gaia's death story.

I'm such an ass to my flakes.
>>
>>46915103
My gut instinct would be he doesn't go back... Because if it doesn't, you aren't time travelling, you're becoming what you were in the past.
>>
>>46915089
It might just be the current spark since Venser had the mutated spark that wasn't as strong
I would say that if Gaia can maintain her oldwalker spark by locking out the blind eternities, whatever they did to the new spark sticks.
>>
>>46915123
Yeah, fair enough. Then he's just God tier then, below Gaia and on par with Unknown.
>>
Shit, I need to do some writing for my flakes. Maybe that'll help snap me out of the funk I've been in with other creative projects.

...And also I appear to have someone calling for me to do the magical realm sheet for a few of mine. Huh.
>>
>>46915082
UB really does sound more right.

The snow mechanic was more for flavor. Land screwing you opponents ect. I wanted to ramp up to having your fish and homarid hoard overrun your opponents while their lands are frozen islands. The frozen surface can only be defended by those who can live in this new terraformed enviroment.

Maybe have the plus ability add up to three counters and change the -2 to a boomerang untapping 3 snow permanents?
>>
If Symon anon is on, would he mind if I used Symon in an Anna story I'm doing?
Also, what's his personality like?
>>
>>46915182
Simplify it.
2U/B no transform.

+1 Enchant target land with "Snow"(or flood if you prefer, but don't make it one of the option. Keep it simple). Lands with "Snow" do not untap.

-1 Add 1 to your mana pool for every land with a snow token.

-6 You gain an emblem with "Creatures you control can not be blocked as long as your opponent controls a land with Snow."

3 Loyalty.
>>
>>46915118
Wait isn't Gaia like an important half of the conflict here? Is she dying for real? Is the story over, have we woken up from the dream?!
>>
>>46915280
Lol, I'm talking about her first death, the death that lead to her spark's ignition
See >>46914015

I explain it there.
>>
>>46915303
Oh got it! This is fine. Less panic.
>>
Izari here

I might do a bit of writefagging tonight or tomorrow. I have a few story ideas I can put into whatever, so don't worry about that.

What would you like to read about?
>>
>>46915512
An action scene would be a nice change of pace.
>>
>>46915565
>An action scene would be a nice change of pace.
Gaia-anon here. Boy do I have a surprise for you. Check back in a few minutes. I'm almost done.
>>
Don't know about getting it done tonight, but I'd like my next writefag to be Zix and Symon's mission for William. The route I want to take is this; the Helvault was a form of imprisonment, and so were the Hedrons. The former put demons (and an angel), constructs of mana in stasis, while the latter kept the eldrazi, constructs of the blind eternities in stasis. Some combination of the two would "stall" the veil around the dark plane, allowing entrance (and also allowing the effects of the mending to flood in and ruin everything there). Does that seem like a solid enough premise? Maybe not supported by current lore, but at least not directly contradicted?

I just want to stop writing around vague plans and plots, and solidify what the means to Will's end is, so I can build up to it.
>>
>>46915565

I could certainly do an action scene. What kind of event, though?

I actually still have an old action scene from my first flake who never had a sheet. She had just ignited and wound up in a Gorgon den in a golgari sewer. I think I still have it at least.
>>
File: my mtg oc.png (1 MB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
my mtg oc.png
1 MB, 1562x1186
>>
>>46915648
Will here. The end goal for him is access to the plane itself to document and research a plane of all five colors, but no natural colorless energy. Then experiment by introducing colorless energy to it.
>>
>>46915512
post lewd stuff
>>
>>46915780
is this a joke?
>>
>>46915819
no
>>
>>46915707
gorgons are cool
>>
>>46915982
I agree

I can post that lore if you want.

I forget how long it was
>>
>>46916031
could be cool
>>
>>46915707
>>46915631
>>46915565
>>46915303
>>46914015
>>46914656

WELP. I finished it. This is the story about how Celuêl died and Gaia was born. Prepare yourselves, it's a long one. But it's filled with juicy action.

>Title
An End to One Life, a Beginning to Another

>Body

The fires blazed around Celuêl. Smoke and ash choked out the stars. ‘Varda help us’. Even with her keen senses, she couldn’t determine the roar of flames from the cries of her comrades. Soot stung her eyes.

“Maelai!” she cried. “Arkênnon!”

Only the crackle of fire responded. Either her kin were dying or they had already passed. Curse these foul abominations! Damn them! Vile, wretched, bedeviled spawn of the Dark One! That they had ever shared the same blood sickened her to the core. She would not rest until every one of their black souls languished in the depths of the Void!

But her vengeance would have to wait. For at this very moment the blaze spread, threatening to cut off her escape route. She struggled to her feet. The effort made her hack and cough in the thick soiled air. She couldn’t breath. Steam rolled off of her silvery armor. The light was blinding. The heat seared her fair hair, exposed when a great orc had knocked off her helmet with his ghoulish mace. The gash in her scalp still bleed from the impact. Still, she was sure the orc was fairing much worse, being without a head and all. But if she couldn’t escape this inferno then she wouldn’t be much better off than the black-blooded beast. She gripped her sword (a thin, curved, and elegant Noldor blade) tightly in her hand, and turned away from the growing flames.

How had this happened? The orcs were in full retreat not 10 minutes before!

>cont'd
>>
>>46916155

‘A trap’, she thought. ‘It must have been a trap. And we fell right into it!’

But the fires had spread so quickly, so suddenly. The battlefield had been bombarded from afar. They must have had catapults set up behind the ridgeline, out of sight from the far-seeing elves. But for the flames to spread so fast, so unchecked? How-

‘Demon magic.’

There must have been a Balrog leading them just over the rocky outcrop. And he used his dark sorcery to spread the fire into her brethren’s ranks. ‘He will pay for this. They will all pay.’

The smell of charred corpses filled her nostrils. She resisted a gag.

‘I must escape. I must avenge my kin.’

But the fires were so high!

‘I MUST AVENGE MY KIN!’

Adrenaline coursed through her veins, breathing new life into her limbs and chasing away the weariness of a days-long battle, hard fought. She sprinted for the gap in the fires as fast as she could. Her eyes narrowed to avoid the smoke, but she had no such protection for her lungs. She wheezed and choked on the airborne remnants of her fallen comrades. Her vision blurred. Time seemed to slow, and what should have been a few minutes’ sprint felt like an hours-long struggle. But at last, the gap drew near!

Only for a black shadow to rise up and fill it.

A great wolf! The likes of which Celuêl had never seen. Its eyes burned with cold intelligence. The wolves were beasts of darkness that only Morgoth’s greatest warriors rode into battle. This one seemed to have lost its rider. But that clearly had not stopped it from massacring the Firstborn in droves. Its black maw dripped with blood, fresh from a recent feast. Lodged between its fangs hung a small chain, decorated with tiny sapphires and emeralds. Even in this smoke, her eyes caught its glint.

‘Maelai’s necklace….’

A gift she had given him years earlier, before war had come to their doorstep. Memories of those tranquil times flashed before her eyes.

>cont'd
>>
>>46916177

‘Maelai…’ Tears brimmed her vision.

‘MAELAI!’

And then she saw red.

She surged forward, nibble as a bloodthirsty wildcat, all pain forgotten. The beast bristled in response, eager for its next meal. But she would not be such easy prey. It was one thing to slay the injured and the dying. It was another thing to slay an Eldar enraged. The great monster snapped its jaws to intercept her approach. But Celuêl was no longer there. She was high above the creature’s head, having leapt into the air in a feat of inhuman agility. She flipped mid-flight so that her sword pointed right at the nape of its neck. But it was the wolf’s turn to show its skill. Without turning to face her, it jumped straight up in the air, ramming her at the height of her ascent. The blow shook her sword from her hand, and must have cracked a rib or two. Her weapon lodged harmlessly into the thing’s shoulder. She fell to the ground with a thud, the black beast looming over her, eyes hungry and full of hate. It lashed out with its claws, once, twice! Celuêl rolled to avoid the onslaught. She couldn’t feel the pain in her ribs, nor hear the screaming of her muscles. She focused only on the animal’s throat, and vividly imagined its lifeblood flowing out.

Celuêl rolled forward out of its reach. She scanned its form for her weapon. The elegant blade still protruded from the monster’s hide. Though it looked loosened. She was sure that a few swift motions from the wolf would shake it free. But before she could form a plan the beast charged her. She tried to sidestep its attack, reaching for her blade’s hilt all the while, but her body wasn’t responding as well as it was just moments ago. Though her mind could not feel her pain or exhaustion, her physical form certainly did. The wolf’s fangs shredded through her armor, leaving an ugly gash on her side. Fresh blood poured out. She fell to the ground again.
>>
>>46916186

But not all was lost. The devil’s most recent attack had released her blade from its vile flesh. The monster rounded on her, prepared to tear out her throat. But…

‘Too slow.’

Her sword leapt into her hand, and a cry of victory escaped her lips. She slashed at the abomination’s head. Once, twice, thrice. The thing yowled in pain. Black blood soaked Celuêl, mingling with her own. The creature’s life poured out from the deep straight gashes on its throat. She grinned, an ugly smile filled with hate.

The wolf’s stance faltered. Seeing her opportunity, Celuêl struck once more, driving her blade deep into the monster’s heart. With a shudder, and what could have been a sigh, the thing’s strength finally gave way. The wretched monster, born of Morgoth’s darkest pits, at last fell to the side, dead.

Celuêl wanted to rise. She wanted to loom over the thing that had slain her friend, her love, and spit on its corpse. She wanted to slash and slash until nothing was left but a pile of meat for the flames. She moved to stand.

Her legs didn’t respond. She looked down. Blood stained the ground. Was it her’s? In the dance of the firelight and the swirling smoke, she couldn’t tell. She looked back up, up at the roaring flames, so close now she could reach out and touch them. She actually tried to.

‘Such beautiful light…’ Why had she feared it before? The fires were warm and she was so so very cold.

Her arms didn’t respond. They weighed at her sides, like two dead things. But she didn’t seem to notice. The fire’s reached her face.

‘Such…such light…’

Her sight began to dim.

‘I…I must avenge…I must avenge my…’

And then oblivion closed in.

>End

Well? What did you think? I've never written a battle scene before.
>>
So I just finished my Onakke Ancient EDH deck and now I want to writefag about it
Speaking of, could a five color deck be fluffed as the person having to use different mana rocks instead of lands to produce the mana to activate off color artifacts and such?
>>
>>46916077

Rala's father was a cartographer and her mother a skyfisher. Unlike her parents, she had a natural talent magic and learned from their band's spirit leaser, a lightcaster of some talent. She had heard voices her whole life, spirits from the lands they visited, and was warned by her teacher not to listen to their tainted calls, though she had her doubts. This same teacher told her of the vile magic that came from the swamps through which they passed, yet she felt a peace there, and affinity almost. It's magic called to her, though whenever she tried to embrace it, she received a stern reminder that it wasn't to be messed with.

It was in such a swamp that her band had made camp. She had slipped away for time as she often did, though this time was not spent alone. A Surrakar had approached her, but while she prepared for a fight, it merely looked at her. To her surprise, it spoke, telling her to listen to what the spirits had to say. Not really knowing what to do or how to respond, she simply watched it lumber off into the marsh. Ultimately, she had ignored its words; it was a monster after all. That it could speak at all was a laughable thought. She returned to camp and the band continued their travels at sunrise.

The days before they reached the edge of the marsh, the Surrakar's words still itched in her ear. She couldn't help but listen more closely. The spirits seemed upset, tense. They said ground was angry,and it made them scared. Her thought was to quickly leave the swamp, and thankfully, they had arrived at the natural stone wall that marked the swamp's boundary. The great cliff may as well have been a mole hill for their band for they climbed it with the same ease.
>>
>>46916245

The last thing Rala remembered was a thunderous quake as the stone lurched, the sound of screams and wind in her ears, and an unfamiliar vertigo as she tumbled through sky and stone towards the marsh below.

The sound of several voices speaking stirred her back to consciousness, sounding far away yet so close. Spirits. She was alive and in some kind of foul water, which meant she must have landed in a fairly deep pool in the swamp. The familiar welcoming she felt before tugged at her. It was dark and quiet, aside from the spirits,

"Looks like there's another one to join us,"
"Why didn't I look away?"
"What is it? An elf?"
"Those eyes..."
"It made quite the noise. She's sure to have heard it. Poor thing,"
"...way... away.."

It made no sense to her; they rarely did. However, what came next was even more bizarre. As she attempted to get herself up out of the water, she felt smooth, worked stone beneath her hand that continued up, stacked upon itself. Her wounds became in her effort to stand. Most of the pain lay in her shoulder, which more than likely took the brunt of her fall. The water was as high as her waist and the only light that could be seen was some distance away, shining down from a hole in the ceiling. There were things in the water, strewn about seemingly at random, many hugged the walls, while some barely crested through the water. She wondered if she had somehow fell into some sort of sunken ruin lost to time and finally uncovered by Zendikar's latest spasm. Had anyone else wound up down here? Were they alive?
>>
>>46916255

The spirits continued their babbling as she hobbled towards the light, and it became obvious that they were statues of some kind strewn about the tunnel, though there was something off-putting about them. The voices almost seemed to be emanating from the stone, getting louder as she approached and softer as she passed only to have the next voice take its place. When she finally reached a point with enough light to properly inspect a statue, she had trouble believing her eyes. The statue was eerily realistic with a face distorted in fear posed in such a way to make it look like it was shrinking away from something terrible. The detail rivaled if not surpassed the work of the stoneforgers she had seen even though they were worn by time.

"There goes another one,"

The voice startled her enough that she almost tripped over her bruised leg, "Another what?" She had more thought out loud that spoke to anything, nevertheless, she got a response,

"Victim," It spoke with a sad conviction. Was it talking about her? A victim of what? After a moment of thought, the realization hit her like a baloth. She staggered back towards the wall. They weren't statues.

They were people.

"Will this one run? She likes it when they try."

The sound of disturbed water gently echoed from the darkness, and from the shadows came a creature unlike any Rala had ever seen before, watching her with a morbid curiosity.
>>
>>46916265

The creature before her was a strange combination of an elf woman and something else, something she couldn't describe, something reptilian perhaps. Her extremities were covered in scales that traveled from claws hands up passed her elbow, in place of hair there was a mess of withering tentacles, and her eyes,

"Eyes! Why did I look?"

She forced her gaze downward at the spirit's voice, unsure if this was the thing that petrified these people, but sure enough not to take a risk,

"What's the matter?" A new voice cooed. It sounded alluring yet decidedly harsh with a slight echo from the tunnel walls, but more importantly, it was corporeal. The creature? "You look lost, and I can fix that. Such a curious thing to add to my collection," Rala could hear it's claw scrape the stone wall as it approached. What could she do? Run? Not in her condition. Fight? It was worth a shot. With a quick and practiced hand, she brought the spell to life. All at once, the tunnel lit up as though the sun were resting behind her and dimmed as quickly as it come save for a few bands that wormed their way around the monster's arms and legs, binding them together. The creature screeched and snarled, blinded for a the moment only to find herself trapped, however her snarl turned into laughter, "I love it when they fight," It teased as a pale green light devoured her bindings.

She stumbled away from it, losing her footing as she slipped on some sort of slime, catching herself on a statue. Was that to be her fate? Was she to become just another part of the scenery kept by this creature? "How did I end up in this mess?" She muttered to herself,

"Falling. Failing. Falling. Failing..." The statue answered as if to mock her, relentlessly chanting to itself
>>
>>46916270

She could hear her the creature getting closer through the spirit's steady chant that was slowly bring her to a panic, "Enough!" She shouted as she grabbed the statue in an attempt to push it to the ground, though to her surprise, her hands never touched the cold stone surface and instead passed right through it. She landed with a splash of murky water and scrambled to her feet trying to ignore the pain radiating from her leg and shoulder,

"Falling. Failing. Falling..." The voice continued, though it was much louder, carried weight, echoing off the walls. She dared a peek and was shocked to see a shimmering form standing between her and the creature muttering to itself, "Falling. Failing. Falling..."

"Your debtors won't save you here, Orzohv. Let them rest," The creature hissed. Rala had no idea what the creature was talking about, "If you're lucky, maybe your church will find your corpse and put your soul to work again," Its tone was mocking, though her meaning was lost on her. A wave of sickness prevented her from musing on it further and the spirit vanished into darkness replaced by the image of the creature. A clawed hand caressed the now silent statue almost lovingly before moving to her chin, "You'll make such a pretty addition."

The creature grabbed her chin with surprising strength, forcing her gaze up towards her doom. She didn't have time to think. All she could do was gather her strength and fight. Mana she had only felt from afar flowed into her, welling up inside of her. It was dark, black as night, and welcoming, compelling her to survive. Before she could meet the eyes of her death, magic sprang to life at her fingertips and she plunged them into the chest of the monster passing straight through her skin same as the statue. It wailed in agony as the life was sucked from its body and then suddenly became silent. Its lifeless corpse slumped with a splash into the murky water.

She was alive.
>>
File: RG0BS1U.gif (2 MB, 390x205) Image search: [Google]
RG0BS1U.gif
2 MB, 390x205
>>46916077

Well, there it is

>>46916245
>>46916255
>>46916265
>>46916270
>>46916286
>>
File: WELP.png (179 KB, 400x430) Image search: [Google]
WELP.png
179 KB, 400x430
>>46916203
>And then oblivion closed in.
FUUUUUUCK

Brutal m8
>>
Does anyone have Symon's flake sheet?
>>
File: Symon.jpg (937 KB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
Symon.jpg
937 KB, 1562x1186
>>46916356
I'm not Symon but I do!
>>
>>46916381
I hope he doesn't mind me using him, though if he does I can cut some stuff and substitute Faceless Intern.
>>
Tazdir, blademaster
1WUR
Planeswalker - Tazdir
0: Until end of turn, Tazdir, blademaster becomes a 2/1 Human Ally Monk creature with double strike and flying.
+1: Shuffle your library, then scry 3.
-1: Until your next turn, if Tazdir, blademaster is dealt damage, it deals that much damage to each player and each creature.
Starting loyalty: 3

Is it too OP?
>>
>>46916497
For what it's worth, the last story with Symon involved him meeting Zix to do some hunting stuff, and I'm writing about their journey to the Helvault/former location of the Helvault now.

Timelines are flexible though so don't worry about placing your story before or after that, just keep in mind that it's happening.
>>
>>46916539
It's strange that he doesn't have an ult to work towards and the Shuffle clause discourages using his +1 to dig through your library.
How about
+1: Scy 2
0: Until your next turn, if Tazdir, blademaster is dealt damage, it deals that much damage to each player and each creature.
-4: Put two blue Human Ally Monk creature tokens with flying and double strike onto the battlefield.
That way you get his protection ability, you can dig through your library, and a mini ult.
>>
>>46916155
>>46916177
>>46916186
>>46916203
Soooo.....did anyone read these? I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be a cunt, but I would like feedback. I've never written a battle scene before, and I'd love to know if there is something I can improve upon.

I'm so sorry for my douchery, I'm not trying to be an ass. Plz forgive me, I'll suk ur dic, kthx.
>>
>>46916642
It was nice, and I feel you
I still haven't fuckin gotten any feedback for my story as of yet.
>>
>>46916642
Don't know where you're from, gaia-anon, or /tg/'s demographics, but it's 3 AM EST so I imagine if most of the traffic is American that might explain the radio silence (I'm a filthy insomniac degenerate so that's why I'm online).

That said, I liked the story! As far as battle scenes go, you had a good mix of action and thought monologue. Is her "death" here when her spark ignites? Sorry I don't know all that much about lotr lore beyond the original plot.
>>
>>46916612
His gimmick is that he doesn't summon creatures, and that he mantains an "equilibrium", thus no ultimate, only +1, 0, and -1. I was thinking making all abilities +0, maybe it would be understood better but then he wouldn't ever recover loyalty if he gets hit.
>>
>>46916692
Then
+1 becomes a dude
0: Punches shit if he gets hit
-1: Scry 3, fuck the police.
>>
>>46916675
>I still haven't fuckin gotten any feedback for my story as of yet.
Sorry, bro. I liked your story, too! I thought it had a lovely pace.

>>46916688
>but it's 3 AM EST so I imagine if most of the traffic is American that might explain the radio silence
True. But I'm also a filthy insomniac. I forget that other people sleep.

>Is her "death" here when her spark ignites?
Almost. I'm going to do a second installment of this story tomorrow. Basically, her soul tries to depart to the Halls of Mandos (the place where elves go in Tolkien-lore when they die). Elven souls are different than the souls of man in that they never truly die. While their physical forms are destroyed, they can literally just respawn in the undying lands after a few centuries (or more) of tranquil rest in Mandos's halls. But Gaia was one of the Noldor, and, well...this is where some inside knowledge is required.

The Noldor were a house of elves who initiated the First Kinslaying under Feanor. That was the first time an elf had ever slain another elf. While some of the Noldor repented for their actions and returned to the Undying Lands, most did not. Gaia in particular felt a powerful need to fight the Evils of the East head-on. So while she did not personally slay any elves, she still followed Feanor. Anyway, fast-forward a year and Mandos (lord of the spirit halls, duh) issued a decree to the unrepentant Noldor. It was called the "Doom of Mandos." Basically, he exiled them from the Undying Lands until the Valar determined they had served their penance. So when Gaia died, her soul was not admitted into Mandos's halls. She was bereft and alone, unable to rest with her fallen kin. Her loneliness and trauma caused her spark to ignite. But that part is in the next story.

Thanks for the compliments, too.
>>
>>46916740
Yeah this sounds cool.
>>
>>46916774
I didn't post it in this thread actually, it's Anna's story.
>>
>>46916805
How many threads ago? Repost? Pastebin?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 83

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.