[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls Lore General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 53
File: rihad.jpg (190 KB, 1191x670) Image search: [Google]
rihad.jpg
190 KB, 1191x670
OP forgot the subject line edition

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))
[UESRPG 1e + other TES RPGs] http://www.mediafire.com/uesrpg
Discussion in #UESRPG (same server)

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] http://www.imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] http://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] http://www.elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
No waifus or husbandos except Vehk and Vehk
Keep the MK/Lady N related squabbling to a minimum.

To keep this from becoming /tesg/ minus waifus, don't post memes unless you are also posting quality discussion. Especially if it's not even Elder Scrolls related.

Previous Kalpa: >>>46860993
>>
File: BlackreachOverhang.png (506 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
BlackreachOverhang.png
506 KB, 1000x563
first for why/how did the falmer keep non falmer slaves in blackreach
>>
>>46883749
Abduction at a sufficiently young age and brainwashing? Some sort of illusion spell?
>>
>>46883749
Cultural emulation of the dwemer signifying their new-found role as powerful tormentors rather than slaves, and through the use of torture and indoctrination.
>>
>>46883878
Or, y'know, threats of violence and torture?

>>46883749
Why does anyone keep slaves?
>>
File: 600px-MW-npc-Therana.jpg (116 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
600px-MW-npc-Therana.jpg
116 KB, 600x600
>>46883918
>Why does anyone keep slaves?
Let's ask Mistress Therena.
>>
File: 6877519147.jpg (131 KB, 745x858) Image search: [Google]
6877519147.jpg
131 KB, 745x858
>>46883918
Threats of violence and torture doesn't really explain why they are completely willing to fight me to the death even when I'm slaughtering their masters left and right.
>>
>>46883987
You might kill a dozen, or two, but those slaves know how many of them there really are. How many Falmer are hiding away in the dark crevices that event the Dragonborn never finds his way to.

If even one Falmer in Blackreach survived to tell his reinforcements that the slaves hadn't fought? Only they know what might await them.

As well, they could have just been tortured to the point of being broken as people. Like Reek in ASoIaF.
>>
>>46883987
Stockholm syndrome lad. Let's also not forget that

A: They might not even know where the exit is
B: Will probably be killed if they try to flee
C: For every one falmer you kill, another 40 are lurking around somewhere
D: Have no map
E: Have no weapons or armor
F: Could be compleatly indoctrinated by the time you get there
G: Don't know you're the Dragonborn or willing to save them

Better to pick the devil you know.
>>
File: pelinal badass.jpg (879 KB, 1185x1920) Image search: [Google]
pelinal badass.jpg
879 KB, 1185x1920
http://mishapabor.tumblr.com/

Why doesn't Bethesda hire this guy as concept artist? Oh right it's too "weird" for casuals.
>>
>>46884232
I honestly mistook his art for stuff MK did for a while.
>>
>>46883909

but why? It's not like the Falmer are ever doing anything labor intensive that they can't do themselves. The only exception are surface expeditions, since they can't handle bright light

>>46883918

>Why does anyone keep slaves?

Good point, but the Falmer don't seem advanced enough to require it. Slaves require water and food, that's fairly expensive given that there isn't exactly unlimited amounts of food inside dwemer ruins.
>>
>>46883956
How is that new Mistress Therana romance joke mod btw? Is it actually funny and lore friendly?
>>
>>46884096
>>46884107

I guess the larger question is how they even got there in the first place. The Falmer don't take well to the surface, so if I had to guess I'd reckon most were children that found their way into the ruins, and then were raised by them.

Either that or they're slaves from the surface that are wanted. It's not like dwemer ruins are easy to accidentally walk into.
>>
>>46884303
Slaves are not pets. Slaves are slaves. They can drink from leaking pipes and eat the fungus, scraps of the charus' meals, or their own dead. You can starve a slave for months and they can still preform labor.

And it doesn't matter that the Falmer don't absolutely NEED slaves, it matters that they can take them, emulate the dewmer, and focus more of their population to militant or expansionary activity rather than building or digging. And the Falmer can survive on the surface in the right conditions, and are just as dangerous as they are underground, as seen in Ghosts in the Snow.
>>
File: azT03zF.gif (1 MB, 320x213) Image search: [Google]
azT03zF.gif
1 MB, 320x213
>>46882642
>>
>>46884405

>They can drink from leaking pipes and eat the fungus, scraps of the charus' meals, or their own dead. You can starve a slave for months and they can still preform labor.

yes but not efficiently. Slaves are technically a form of currency (especially if there's a labor shortage, like there clearly is in the dwemer ruins) and treating them extremely badly means they generate less money (or food, or what have you). Even at the most basic level, why bother corralling them in the first place if there is no obvious activity for them to preform? The only two I can think of is either farming or digging since the Falmer aren't smart enough to have them do anything else.

The only other answer is using them as sacrifices, but even then why bother breaking them at all?
>>
>>46884563
Farming and digging are extremely important - They need both to support the huge population and to allow invasions. The slaves themselves are worthless to the falmer, seeing as they have little problem getting more. Between breaking into forts and lighthouses, ravaging caravans, and dragging anyone unfortunate enough to cross their path screaming into the pits, they have ample means to replace them.

And once again, it allows them to focus more on military activity and on breeding.
>>
>>46884563
There can't be a labor shortage and no activity for them to perform.
>>
>>46884637

I didn't claim they weren't important, but I also can't see how the Falmer are developed enough to have any objective other than survival. They choose to live in tents/shacks, rather than their old masters homes for example.

Also they clearly don't have an infinite source of slaves, given that they're only seen inside Blackreach (which was a major city/place for the Dwemer) and that they're not considered a major threat to surface people (beyond being a boogeyman).

Which brings me back to my point: why bother with it. The Falmer are up to something, but it's never named because todd is a hack
>>
>>46884715

that's the problem here: there's only about 30 of them, but there's no obvious activity they could be doing beyond perhaps farming

which leads me to believe the answer has to do with magic (sacrifices, perhaps?). Remember, the only slaves we see are the ones inside Blackreach, which obviously has a lot of unique magical phenomena in it (including it's own dragon)
>>
>>46884753
Firstly, most of the proper dwemer ruins that the falmer haven't claimed, and even many of them they have, and full of constructs and active traps, which are for all intents seem to be self-replenishing based on having seen Spiders repairing equipment in Skyrim and ESO. Yes I cited ESO, please refrain from spewing your dank memes. This makes recolonizing a bit of a bitch.

Secondly given that the falmer have gone from a superstitious myth in Bloodmoon, to a boogyman in the early 4th Era, to actively invading settlements or mines and attacking travelers by the time of Skyrim, it would seem they are becoming more aggressive and planning to make a push at the surface.
>>
File: case.jpg (193 KB, 1300x628) Image search: [Google]
case.jpg
193 KB, 1300x628
>>46884806

Let's take a look at what Blackreach has: glowing mushrooms (which can increase shock resistance) and geode viens (which produce corundum and ebony ore along with gems and soul gems). So clearly the slaves are there to mine geodes (aka, soul gems) and farm glowing mushrooms for the Falmer. Since geodes can spawn grand and black soul gems, there's a a strong reason to mine it all out since it means more powerful magic spells.
>>
>>46883749
The enslaved become the slavers, I guess.
Falmeri history is rather tragic.

Speaking of Falmer, the concept art really seems to emphasise the symbiotic relationship between Falmer and Chaurus that I wish had been expressed clearer in Skyrim.

>>46884280
He's my favourite fan artist. So much outstanding and imaginative work.
>>
>>46885048
I'm sincerely disappointed that charus being mounts never panned out. I guess them being equivalent to dogs is alright, but the art for the falmer riders was just amazing.
>>
>>46885017

Also forgot: Blackreach has whatever Aetherium is, which allows for the construction of Dwemer metal. But the Falmer have no obvious use for this, since they use their own weapons and not Dwemer ones. Perhaps they found a use for it, or are still attempting to mine it after their masters left.
>>
File: SI-concept-AA02.jpg (612 KB, 795x1024) Image search: [Google]
SI-concept-AA02.jpg
612 KB, 795x1024
>>46884232
Adamowicz concept art was superior to this
check his artbooks you faggot
>>
>>46885236
Hey, I'm sure the other guy could be great with some polish and professional support.

And, you know, one's dead and the other's not.
>>
File: neighbors.png (25 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
neighbors.png
25 KB, 640x400
For anyone curious about that Arena experiment: after that glitched nightmare land that happened because I went into an exterior, I started going south-southeast from Old Gate instead of north-northwest from Thorkan Park. That's been going for about 5 hours now. 7 more and we'll know whether the manual's wrong about the 12 hour estimate or not. Even if nothing happens I'll keep it going for as long as possible. If by next week's thread the map still says I'm nearest to Old Gate then I'll have to conclude that Arena's wilderness is effectively infinite and unique to each city as opposed to the real open world of Daggerfall and later TES games.

If it is the case that nothing happens after a week, we'll try again with the fully unpatched floppy version in case Bethesda changed how the wilderness worked in some update. The patch notes do contain a few lines about traveling and wilderness inns specifically, so there may be some small chance that traveling between towns was made impossible as a side effect of one of them.
>>
>>46883436
>but actually plenty of Dwemer technology makes sense and we know some things about Sotha Sil's technology
From a practical sense no, they really don't. Nothing the Dwemer have can really even be called futuristic regardless. None of the things created really improve on irl technologies at all beyond what is clearly out of the ass magical stuff. The same kind of goes for Sotha Sil, which while aesthetically designed to look slightly futuristic, is pretty damn well based in the realm of fantasy.
>Theopunk is like bit cyberpunk or steampunk, but technology is powered by gods, belief and theology. Basically Numidium, ALMSIVI and most of shit related to those
Sounds like a word made up to relate to TES. Regardless, Numidium is really very far from the idea of Sci-fi. It's not 'big robot', It's a fucking god built in the completely unconventional ways you would build a god. I don't really understand ALMSIVI's connection to sci-fi, unless you are referring specifically to Sotha Sil who is still fantasy based.
>but it's clearly fantasy magitech variety and there's nothing in it that doesn't fit with Elder Scrolls. Personally I think KINMUNE is interesting and worthwhile because it uses what are sci-fi tropes turned into Elder Scrolls and fantasy.
The fact that it is science fiction based is exactly why it DOESN'T fit in with Elder Scrolls. It's just a bullshit tangent Kirkbride throws off on the lore to make people think 'oh wow this isn't what I expected.' Then he claims shit like 'TES was always sci-fi' to add an empty sense of depth and meaning to everything he's written that does nothing but create a cult of circlejerking over how "unique" he makes the lore.
It's literally no different than George Lucas saying shit like 'oh Star Wars was never Sci-fi, it's a soap opera,' it's just fucking masturbation.
KINMUNE is just another example of how MK can write whatever bullshit he wants and people will eat it up just the same because it's 'totally not generic'.
>>
File: mail.jpg (85 KB, 634x501) Image search: [Google]
mail.jpg
85 KB, 634x501
>>46885548

>None of the things created really improve on irl technologies at all beyond what is clearly out of the ass magical stuff.

Not the guy you're responding to but I take it that the Dwemer were exceptionally good with penumatic devices, which allowed them to have almost modern plumbing systems and mail systems. One could even guess that the lights inside their cities/ruins aren't powered by magic, but by an embedded gas system. Laying in a worship somewhere is a protype air gun or cannon.

just my .02
>>
>>46885471
I really suspect that it's one of those intended features that never got included. Arena changed so much from its original vision during development that it became an entirely different game. You controlled a party of gladiators at some point in development.

As a sidenote, the cities of Daggerfall and Soulrest were apparently moved because the designed map didn't fit with the buttons on the travel map. So Daggerfall was supposed to be on the Iliac Bay, more or less were it was in later games, but those buttons you see in the bottom left got in the way. Soulrest was supposed to be more inland and further south.
>>
>>46885548
>Star Wars was never Sci-fi
That's mostly true, and Star Wars is at its best the less Sci-Fi it is.
>>
>>46885753
>Laying in a worship somewhere is a protype air gun or cannon.
Tribunal has actually centurions armed with pneumatic guns.
>>
>>46885827
Yeah, it's called science fantasy and that's what MK's "sci-fi" stuff really is about. Diffrence being that science fantasy is like sci-fi, but instead of real science based technology, you have fantasy science based technology and usually some form of magic.
>>
>>46885827
Star Wars is definitely sci-fi. Yes the story in whole is essentially a hero's journey epic, but it is still pretty straightforward sci-fi with some mystical fantasy mixed in.
It's best described as a space opera.
>>
File: best Pelinal depiction ever.jpg (243 KB, 1024x473) Image search: [Google]
best Pelinal depiction ever.jpg
243 KB, 1024x473
>>46885236
Adam was GOAT.
>>
>>46885937
Star Wars never tries to tell a Sci-Fi story, nor be about the Sci-Fi elements though. It's only science fiction in setting, and then only barely that. The word "science" has nothing to do with it. Star Wars is even less about science fiction that Flash Gordon is.

I'm not saying that it doesn't have anything to do with science fiction, but it's very much not "straightforward sci-fi".
>>
>>46885753
Dwemer technology in Morrowind does some what make sense in relation to real technology it is based on, but combined with magic sometimes.

You have filament based electric light bulbs (these appear to be no magical at all aside being magically impossibly durable like all Dwemer stuff) and what appear to more magical form electrically powered lights which use ebony. There's what is obviously electrical generators that look like steam turbines and are called "dynamos" in construction set. Then there is interesting mystery of tubes and coherers. Coherer is primitive real life radio technology and it's very unlikely they would chosen name like that if it doesn't mean something. This mystery ties nicely with some of Dwemer towers having what looks antennas and all the shit about calling that is assumed to be similar to Psijic telepathy, but is far likely to have something to do with those coherers.
>>
>>46886087
It's a science fantasy setting because it has it's completely own kind of science that has very little to with actual science and our laws of physics. Haven't you ever read how blasters are supposed to work for example or how they have magnetic levitation that seems to be ripped straight from Viktor Schauberger's crackpot pseudoscience?
>>
File: Elektronenroehren-auswahl.jpg (307 KB, 1920x934) Image search: [Google]
Elektronenroehren-auswahl.jpg
307 KB, 1920x934
>>46886097
I always thought that tubes, cylinders and coherers were Dwemer versions of vacuum tubes.
>>
>>46886170
>Haven't you ever read how blasters are supposed to work
No, since I don't really care about the books/media surrounding Star Wars. I'm mainly thinking about the original trilogy, which is essentially a fantasy story that happens to be set in a setting that's not typical for fantasy.
>>
>>46886239
Coherer's predate vacuum tubes though, see:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coherer

Dwemer tubes do look like vacuum tubes, but Dwemer coherer is actually combination of what looks cylinder and two tubes, so they could all be likely just parts of coherers.
>>
File: Sithian_Stone.png (3 MB, 1634x1048) Image search: [Google]
Sithian_Stone.png
3 MB, 1634x1048
In Oblivion, among the Heaven Stones related to astronomical objects (Moons, Magnus, etc.) there is one called "Sithian Stone" which gives the "Sithian Web" power.

What the hell is this one supposed to represent?
>>
>>46886413
>Sithian
Could be Sithis aka the void outside Aetherius?
>>
So do you think we'll ever hear about the Nerevarine's trip to Akavir?
>>
>>46886455
Holy shit, I'm stupid. That's most likely it.
>>
>>46886469
Probably not because we have never heard about other heroes either with sole exception of CoC possibly being Sheogorath in Skyrim, but CoC is very special case among heroes since he actually became god. Generally it's like a TES tradition that heroes disappear.
>>
>>46886413
Probably the veil.

>>46886455
There isn't anything outside Aetherius.
>>
>>46886875
>There isn't anything outside Aetherius.

That's fitting, because Sithis embodies 'is not'.
>>
>>46886971
>not replying "No, there is Nothing outside of Aetherius."
One job, Anon, and I set it up for you perfectly.
>>
>>46886998
Damn it.
>>
>>46886618
I think it's kind of nice that the heroes all settle down in some way, especially for the Eternal Champion and the Agent. They deserve rest.
>>
Which in-universe organization best represent /tgesg/, and why is it the Lusty Argonian Historical Society?
>>
>>46887367
>not the Biters
>>
I think the fact that there's nude mods for Arena is sort of hilarious.
http://www.nexusmods.com/tesarena/mods/7
>>
>>46886971
Almost certainly Oblivion.
>>46886971
Sithis is supposed to be part of the Aurbis, not the Void which is literally something that is not there.
>>
>>46887678
>Almost certainly Oblivion.
meant for >>46886413
>>
So I'm still not understanding exactly what CHIM is, anyone care to explain it to me like I have a disability?
>>
File: cosmos tes.png (146 KB, 1280x942) Image search: [Google]
cosmos tes.png
146 KB, 1280x942
>>46887609
They were a new race and they're all dead though.
>>46887678
I thought it was like this and Sithis being another name for Padomay. Things outside Aurbis aren't really things, but more like forces of order and chaos.
>>
>>46887736
You see, when Vehk and Vehk loves himself very much, he achieves a greater form of understanding.
>>
>>46886618
Well, Nerevarine became immortal, and we heard just about as much about him as CoC, which, admittedly, is basically nothing
>>
>>46887671

but not for daggerfall
>>
>>46887736
It's just enlightment that you everything is one and you do not really exist as an individual, but instead of zero-summing you love yourself so much that you keep existing despite being everything. Dagoth Ur was inversion of this basically being all is me rather than me is all.
>>
If Ebony is Lorkhan's blood and Moons are parts of his body, I imagine there must be a shitton of Ebony Ore on Masser and Secunda, right?
>>
>>46887671

protip: only paid users can view the link
>>
>>46887794
>I thought it was like this and Sithis being another name for Padomay. Things outside Aurbis aren't really things, but more like forces of order and chaos
Sithis is not another name for Padomay, Sithis is the idea of Padomay as applies to the Aurbis. The interplay of Sithis and Anui-El IS the Aurbis. The Aurbis itself is the mind of Anu and therefore there is nothing that exists outside of it. The Void is the idea of that nothing. Imagine what the Aurbis was like before it was dreamed, that is the Void.
>>
>>46887890
Oblivion is sometimes called the Void too though.
>>
>>46887915
Yah, and that tends to cause some confusion. Oblivion and Sithis are both often called the void, but they aren't THE Void.
>>
How do you get to own a plane of oblivion?
They aren't all claimed, right? Like with how Mankar with Paradise and made it into his own with the mysterium xarxes.
If you somehow got into some unowned plane, could you make it your own, or would you need actual power to do anything?
>>
File: georgevehk.png (330 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
georgevehk.png
330 KB, 600x450
>>46887736
It's recognizing that you don't really exist. I liken it to lucid dreaming. That moment when you realize that you're in a dream, 90% of the time you wake up. For dwellers of Mundus, waking up would be very bad since their very existence is the "dream". CHIM is the rare moment when you can realize that you're dreaming, but you don't wake up; in lore terms, not waking means asserting that you exist even though you're now aware that you really do not. Now that you're aware of the dream like nature of your reality, you can manipulate it, much like in a lucid dream.
>>
>>46887950
Any sources on this? I checked the UESP article and everything seems to point just to Oblivion.
>>
>>46887870
You just need an account.
http://i.imgur.com/W1R04hW.png
>>
>>46888028
>The first ones were brothers: Anu and Padomay. They came into the Void, and Time began
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/The_Annotated_Anuad
>All creation is subgradient. First was Void, which became split by AE. Anu and Padomay came next and with their first brush came the Aurbis.
http://www.imperial-library.info/content/loveletter-fifth-era-true-purpose-tamriel
>Anu and Padhome, stasis and change, both vast realms sitting in the void
>Outside the wheel is the void, bereft of anything. It cannot be named. If it has more aspects than stasis and change, they are outside of true language
>Some were like Lorkhan and discovered the void outside of the Aurbis, though if some saw the Tower I do not know, but I know that, if they did, none held it in such high esteem. In any case, some of those that did see the void created its like inside the Aurbis, but each of these smaller voids sought each other out. Void shall follow void; the etada called it Oblivion
http://www.imperial-library.info/content/vehks-teaching
>>
>>46888230
Thanks.
>>
File: Hvp7AA7.jpg (93 KB, 960x768) Image search: [Google]
Hvp7AA7.jpg
93 KB, 960x768
I just downloaded Daggerfall. Should I play Arena first?
>>
>>46888490
I'd say you should, Arena's a fair amount easier to get accustomed to and will provide a great introduction to Daggerfall.
>>
>>46887290
>Agent
Oh boy do I have some news for you...
>>
>>46889075
what?
>>
>>46889075
>The agent of the Blades is believed to have been killed in the process.
The agent supposedly died when Numidium was activated, although because time cucking, he might be alive somewhere, probably not in the current timeline.
>>
>>46889295
>>46889162
Forgot to tag the one I was replying to as well.
>>
>>46889295
>The agent supposedly died when Numidium was activated
sauce?
>>
>>46889353
[url]http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Warp_in_the_West_(event)[/url]
>>
>>46889404
An actual source please.
>>
>>46885471
Awesome
>>
>>46889433
http://www.imperial-library.info/content/daggerfall-narrative
>>
File: file.png (314 KB, 531x445) Image search: [Google]
file.png
314 KB, 531x445
>>46889075
I'm allowed to dream.

>>46889433
It's possible to survive being stomped by the Numidium, right?
Please tell me it's possible, Anon.
>>
>>46889523
It's only one of 6 canon endings. If Jills mended the timelines so all the endings happened, there must be at least one alive version of the Agent, just like there are both Mannimanko and the God of Worms.
>>
File: aDi0I4E.png (1 MB, 865x1320) Image search: [Google]
aDi0I4E.png
1 MB, 865x1320
>>46889523
>It's possible to survive being stomped by the Numidium, right?
>>
>>46888081

and accounts cost $5, it redirects me to their forums

is this a new thing? I remember having a free account years ago
>>
>>46889665
>"If you do not want to buy Premium Membership simply skip this step by pressing "Create Account" at the bottom of the page"
Reading is pretty useful.
That said, I had no idea they did paid "premium" stuff now. Sounds absolutely retarded.
>>
File: 1421211761454.jpg (5 MB, 2881x2152) Image search: [Google]
1421211761454.jpg
5 MB, 2881x2152
>>46889607
This. Numi is pure antithesis, he transcends Time and Space. If he unmakes something, it's unmade. The best that Aka and the Jills can do is get a rug and hope it covers up the hole.
>>
>>46890056
If he Unmade the Agent, you are right. If he just stepped on him - no.
Unless Numidium Unmakes everything he steps onto.
>>
>>46890207
That could be problematic for the ground beneath him
>>
>>46890237
Hence Landfall.
>>
>>46890207
The Agent's fate is purposefully left unknown.
Please stop trying to ruin this by saying the Agent was killed.
>>
>>46890272
We're just speculating, chill out.
>>
>>46890255
Is there an actual in game source for landfall
>>
>>46890309
No, it's pure MK territory.
>>
>>46890309
Hard to really be one when most about it was written after the latest TES
>>
>>46890288
Well in Daggerfall the Agent doesn't ever even come across Numidium and once the Mantella is found they are brought back after the damage is done anyways.
>>46890309
no
>>
>>46890272
Using the mantella yourself was going to be an ending choice, but they cut it from the game for whatever reason. You can hack the game files and go through it though. So in at least one timeline the Agent died.
>>
>>46890363
>So in at least one timeline the Agent died
So did Tiber Septim.
>>
>>46890405
Tiber died in at least two.
>>
What are Shor's Bones actually? Does his bone marrow still produce liquid Ebony?
Also bump for the >>46887855 question.
>>
>>46888490
Play neither cus they old af
>>
>>46890480
>What are Shor's Bones actually?
The moons maybe
>>
File: asdfasdffd.png (75 KB, 790x768) Image search: [Google]
asdfasdffd.png
75 KB, 790x768
How does it feel knowing that ESO is now canon and MK's writings probably never will be?
>>
>>46890480
just speculating here, but since Shor is basically Lorkhan, also known as the fucker who convinced everyone to create mundus, and the aedra that became the very laws of nature that uphold nirn's existence are called the earth bones, it would make sense that Shor's Bones are the Earth Bones.
>>
>>46890541
ESO incorporates a lot of MK's writings you realize. He and Shlick are very good friends.
>>
File: ESO bait.png (23 KB, 400x227) Image search: [Google]
ESO bait.png
23 KB, 400x227
>>46890541
>>
>>46890541
I think the whole point of ES lore is not to get bogged down in what is/isn't canon, given that choice and approaching situations multiple ways is a key element of the medium it evolved in.
>>
>>46890551
Makes sense.
>>
>>46890541
Completely disinterested.
In all honestly, I'm here for fun lore, I care pretty little about canon. The only usage for that is, for me, as a groundwork for discussion, and for utilization in TES-based things. The property of being canon in and of itself doesn't really have much value in my mind.
>>
>>46890554
ESO got better with the DLCs and stuff. Once they started branching out and finding their footing things got a lot more tolerable.
>>
>>46890701
Maybe gameplay wise, but the lore it brings is absolute sload shit.
>>
>>46890746
Do Sloads even shit at all?
>>
>>46890746
Nah, no more or less than the current stuff. We got more cyborgs, dwemer lasers, and stuff like Ebonarm lore and demiprinces.
>>
>>46890763
Where do you think Sload Soap comes from?
>>
>>46890791
Boiled baby Sloads?
>>
File: acd_007.png (13 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
acd_007.png
13 KB, 640x400
>>46885471
Not sure exactly when, but it stopped looping sometime in the last 80 minutes. It's back to "real" random wilderness. One could optimistically take this to mean that I'm near a city (such as Thorkan Park) again. Or maybe it's coordinate overflow and I'll end up back at Old Gate again if I travel south enough; the game still maintains that I'm in Old Gate's wilderness after all. Or maybe whatever memory issues or limitations in their generator that caused the looping got reset and I'm still out in the middle of nowhere. Either way, the fact that it finally changed after so many hours of walking is interesting on its own.
>>
File: lorkhan_by_ezeleolos-d59zotv.jpg (136 KB, 1024x494) Image search: [Google]
lorkhan_by_ezeleolos-d59zotv.jpg
136 KB, 1024x494
Hey kid wanna /SITHISIT/
>>
>>46890763
>>
File: Lorkhan.jpg (122 KB, 900x844) Image search: [Google]
Lorkhan.jpg
122 KB, 900x844
>>46890873
Also, post your favorite Lore-khans.
>>
>>46890667
>>46890633
The reason you don't care about canon is because the series is becoming shit and we all know it. If MK were still on staff, you'd all be on a proverbial witch hunt against anyone posting fanfiction.
>>
>>46890970
>becoming
>>
>>46890982
>implying they're done ruining it
>>
why are ebony and glass so different? Why is ebony so much denser, but glass so less so, but almost just as sharp? How do their nature's differ?
>>
>>46890970
>The reason you don't care about canon is because the series is becoming shit
Not really, it's more of a general attitude I've come to have about canonicity in media. I just care a lot less about it now that I did before.
>>
>>46891051
Ebony is blood, Glass is lymph.
It's just different minerals, okay?
>>
>>46891068
Canon is what separates lore from speculative bullshit. "Wouldn't it be cool if..." only goes so far.

Making up things and pretending that's somehow relevant to the games is scarcely better than those autistic kids who draw themselves as hedgehogs.
>>
>>46890782
>and demiprinces
The way they threw in Fa-Nuit-Hen was pretty unimaginative imho.
>>
>>46891136
That's a fine opinion Anon, but I don't care.
Canonicity is a tool, that's really it.
>>
File: Fucking_N'wah.jpg (10 KB, 236x283) Image search: [Google]
Fucking_N'wah.jpg
10 KB, 236x283
>Be me, alchemist in great and beautiful Morrowind
>Finish snorting moon sugar off order forms
>Outlander strolls in
>Wants to buy all my reagents
>Lodes o' Mone.jpg
>Fetcher smashes them all together in a shitty ceramic bowl
>Oh shit n'wah what are you doing
>I could shit potions better than this
>Drinks a potion
>Crushes more flowers
>Repeats for several hours
>Understands the most advanced theories of every school of study
>Convinces me to sell my house and buy his potions
>No one can afford to purchase these potions from me
>mfw
>>
>>46891217
Why don't you come up with your own setting then?
>>
>>46891106
>Glass is lymph.
that's kind of a fucking disgusting thought

>spoiler
yah i know...
>>
>>46891217
>>46891244
Precisely this.
>>
File: sotha sil needs your help.png (445 KB, 1280x1796) Image search: [Google]
sotha sil needs your help.png
445 KB, 1280x1796
>>46891156
Eh, I kind of liked it. He's the greatest martial artist in existence by virtue of him being an insecure bosmerdaedricthing, who then created mental projections of what he thought the best fighters would be.
>>
File: 1422362402861.png (416 KB, 800x1143) Image search: [Google]
1422362402861.png
416 KB, 800x1143
>>46890948
>>
>>46891244
That has nothing to do with what I'm saying.
>>
>>46891310
From the way he's described the lessons, I've always sort of saw Fa-Nuit-Hen as being more conceptual, like movements and precision given a personality.
The way he is shown in ESO is kind of a let down.
>>
>>46891515
You should know by now that much of MK's writings are always about taking simple things and dressing them up.
And that the 36 Lessons are both embellishments and not. Hen was always gonna be a daedra that trained Vivec in his youth. Heck, of the two times he's mentioned nothing ever says he's a concept. It calls him outright a daedric demiprince. If anything, what was conceptual and weird was his attacks and fighting style, not his self.
>>
>>46891602
If you get hired at Bethesda what are you going to make canon?
>>
>>46891775
He'll be the Dreamboy.
>>
File: w-what.jpg (872 KB, 800x1030) Image search: [Google]
w-what.jpg
872 KB, 800x1030
>>46891775
I will make wailways so canon you don't even know.
>>
>>46889523
>The orcs needed the Numidium to stop the Bretons and Redguard from sieging Orsinium every other week
>>
>>46891602
>You should know by now that much of MK's writings are always about taking simple things and dressing them up
I can't really think of many examples where this is the case. Most of Kirkbride's texts deal with lore not all that present in game.
>And that the 36 Lessons are both embellishments and not
Yah, but mostly in allegory. I would be satisfied with the idea that maybe Fa-Nuit-Hen was in truth just some guy who taught a young Vivec how to use a netchihook. But the way he is presented in ESO seems to be an uninspired literal representation of what is an elaborate epic.
>what was conceptual and weird was his attacks and fighting style, not his self
But that's the thing, the lessons seem to imply that Fa-Nuit-Hen WAS those fighting styles.
>>
>>46887890
>The interplay of Sithis and Anui-El IS the Aurbis.
IS NOT.
>>
>>46892028
>Thus was born Sithis, who was the sum of all the limitations Anuiel would utilize to ponder himself. Anuiel, who was the soul of all things, therefore became many things, and this interplay was and is the Aurbis
http://www.imperial-library.info/content/skyrim-monomyth
>>
>>46892131
the correct answer would have been "IS too!"
>>
>>46891106
They're both mostly silica though
>>
Is there a type of gold magic/"goldmancy" that exists?
>>
>>46892372
transmutation
>>
>>46892372
-mancies aren't a thing
>>
>>46892391
Thanks
>>46892393
but memes are:^)
>>
>>46892372
>FORM THE FIRST: Makest thou the Mana Fountain to be Primed with Pure Gold, for from Pure Gold only may the Humors be rectified, and the Pure Principles coaxed from the chaos of Pure Power. Droppest thou then the Pure Gold upon the surface of the Mana Fountain. Takest thou exceeding great care to safeguard yourself from the insalubrious tempests of the Mana Fountain, for through such Assaults may one's health be utterly Blighted.
>>
File: 1458956705201.png (78 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1458956705201.png
78 KB, 2000x2000
>>46892393
>necromancy

Speaking of, I was a little disappointed with how that was implemented in Skyrim. I wish the guards would become hostile to someone raising a corpse in the middle of town in broad daylight.
>>
>>46892911
name one thing that was implemented well in skyrim
>you can't
>>
>>46892911
I'm sure someone could make a mod for this
>>
File: sload-penitent.jpg (20 KB, 150x180) Image search: [Google]
sload-penitent.jpg
20 KB, 150x180
What is currently the best way to play Daggerfall?

Don't tell me Unity Tools, I said play
>>
>>46893204
The same way that's been best for over a decade. DOSBox. DaggerfallSetup makes it pretty easy with all the patches and shit it includes.
http://wiwiki.wiwiland.net/index.php/Daggerfall_:_DaggerfallSetup_EN
>>
>tfw no TES war game
>>
File: 1356250537322.gif (490 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1356250537322.gif
490 KB, 320x240
>>46892807
This is my shit
>>
>>46890363
The canon reason is that the Mantella is supposed to be used by someone who's worthy - I believe they either have to have great power, or have some Septim blood, no matter how distant.

I personally think it was a good and interesting choice. You decide who to give Walk-Brass to, but you can't really use it yourself, even though in most games that would be something like an expected reward.
>>
>>46893887
>The canon reason is that the Mantella is supposed to be used by someone who's worthy - I believe they either have to have great power, or have some Septim blood, no matter how distant
You're thinking of the Totem.
>>
>>46893943
Yeah, I was wrong there, but since what happens is based off of your earlier choice of who you gave the Totem of Tiber Septim to, it only makes sense that you wouldn't get to make another choice after getting the Mantella. Not like you can use it without the Totem of Tiber Septim, at least in the sense of using Walk-Brass.
>>
File: 1436237784182.jpg (347 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1436237784182.jpg
347 KB, 1920x1080
Why does Peryite get Shield-Breaker?
>>
>>46891244
>Why don't you come up with your own setting then
Because TES already exists and because state of uncertainty and not controlling everything is an important thing in life.

And why do you think I don't have my own setting? I can only talk lore about TES on these imageboards.
>>
>>46895513
As far as I understand it's common for Daedra to claim men/mer made artifacts as their own. Some people have speculated that this is because Daedra can't make things (they can only change things, as they're descended from Padomay), but to be honest I think that isn't very convincing as there are clearly Daedric made artifacts like Mehrune's Razor and Anu/Padomay dynamic isn't that absolute.

Reason why Peyrite chose Spell Breaker is uknown to me, but then again Volendrung was also chosen by another Daedroth. Maybe it's just because Dwemer stuff is pretty damn well made and powerful.
>>
>>46896205
>I can only talk lore about TES on these imageboards.
There's plenty of worlbuilding threads on /tg/ where people talk about their own settings, so you can talk about your setting(s) if you want to. Sadly, they're mostly about just long lists of people posting details about their settings, so it's hard to get any discussion going. I have some own settings myself and when I post stuff about them, rarely anyone replies.
>>
>>46896336
TES has a history of 10 years of serious scholarship. Or as serious as you can get with a setting not Tolkien. Can't get that anywhere else.
>>
>>46896350
You're right, but Glorantha is pretty close. That aside most settings are one-shot kind of deal or clusterfucks like WoD, D&D settings or Star Wars, so it's easy to see why TES stands out.
>>
>>46896293 (You)
Had to post more on this because I realized why Volendrung was likely chosen by Malacath. Rourken Clan that forged it was outcast and as we all know Malacath is patron of pariahs. Makes sense and pretty simple.

However, Peyrite is like Nurgle of TES, so I can't figure any reason why he would choose an artifact that has nothing to do with his sphere, but it's then again not really like Daedra need any reason. Maybe it could be related to fact that Peyrite's sphere also includes natural order and Dwemer kinda favored natural order (Earth Bones, evidenced by their steam powered and electrical technology that is inferior to pure magically based technology) over magic (not to say that they didn't practice magic as they were master at it) as they felt it more comforting than magic.
I remember it is referenced somewhere in Morrowind that they didn't really like magic, but not sure where.
>>
File: 1453322246323.jpg (114 KB, 692x960) Image search: [Google]
1453322246323.jpg
114 KB, 692x960
>>46896463
>Dwemer kinda favored natural order
Wasn't Tonal Architecture all about altering reality to suit your own needs though?
>>
>>46896463
Spell Breaker could be considered a check on mages - magic is something that by nature messes with the natural order.
>>
>>46896483
Yes, but it was based on manipulation of natural order of things and not creatia or magicka. Specifically the fabric of reality that is song (even TES can't escape LoTR) and closest IRL equivalent to tones would be atoms I guess. This is also why Dwemer ultimately came to reject reality (aka world refusalism) that wasn't real enough for them and created Numidium to destroy everything.
>>
>>46887367
Census and Excise
>>
>>46896670
>Census and Excise
Care to explain why?
>>
>>46896728
They keep track of every character and try to make sense and organize the madness that is Morrowind, and probably other provinces as well, but without getting much attention.

They also are awesome, I hope we get to see more of them in Tamriel Rebuilt...
>>
>>46892372
I know you probably meant something like Arcana Restored type goldmancy that is using gold in magic ritual. Similarly Feyfolken mentions that early Mages Guild had magitech enchanting/alchemy machines from Psijic Order that apparently worked on gold.

However, there is also one case of "create gold" type magic. An artifact called King Ognum's Coffer basically creates gold coins out of nothing with 24h recharge time.
>>
>>46890870
nice, please keep us up to date!
>>
>>46896855
Along those same lines, I'd go with the Scenarist Guild.
>>
>>46897163
Didn't know about them, thank you, I wish we could join them in any game.
>>
File: 206.png (1 MB, 1000x1264) Image search: [Google]
206.png
1 MB, 1000x1264
>>46897197
I doubt they'll ever be referenced again, sadly. The real-world purpose of their existence was to frame the Daggerfall strategy guide as some kind of in-universe work for flavor. It's a shame since they seem pretty cool. I'd love to join a real guild of lore keepers.

Speaking of that, I really wish they follow up on what happened regarding Morgiah and the king of Firsthold. The quest in Daggerfall was http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Morgiah's_Wedding and the Daggerfall Chronicles' description has some interesting comments:
>Princess Morgiah asks you to deliver a letter to the necromancers, specifically to the King of Worms in Scourg Barrow. In return, she will tell you something about the Emperor's letter. Her own letter is an agreement to give the King of Worms "her first" (no, it's not her first-born child) if he will arrange for her to be married to the King of Firsthold. He gives you a letter to give to Morgiah agreeing to the pact.

>This sets up part of the story for the sequel to Daggerfall. Therefore, no more will be said of it. As for its implication in this story, you now know how to find the King of Worms. [...]
>>
>>46897319
That was interesting to read. "her first" is it her virginity or what?
>>
>>46897319
Damn that would have been really cool if Morrowind's plot played off of that quest in some manner.
Instead we just got The Firsthold Revolt.
Kind of makes you wonder what they were planning, though I kind of doubt any people in Bethesda even know or remember what that was anyways
>>
>>46897319
Instead, it was her brother that ended up being relevant.
>>
>>46896350
>TES has a history of ten years of serious scholarship

And yet we were arguing about whether or not every bit of made up bullshit from a reddit thread is as good as canon.
>>
>>46897935
It requires serious knowledge of the setting and the wider fan cultures. It counts as scholarship. And since we can pick which "extended canon" things we want to accept, it's like shilling for your theories on magic, science, history. Exactly like real life. Fucking awesome.
>>
>>46897959
>Exactly like real life
Personal conjecture in real life is super if it's based off of evidence, but a lot of what gets spread around in these threads is hardly that. It's the real-world equivalent of believing in chemtrails or lizard people.
>>
>>46896205
But that's the thing dude. You say shit like 'oh canon is such an awful concept' yet the entire fucking reason you are even discussing Elder Scrolls is because it has a fucking canon.
>>
>>46898019
Oh, no. Canon is not a terrible concept. For most series it's a great thing that shouldn't be violated. But with TES we've got a peculiar situation where overlooking Bethesda's incompetence and interacting with various modders like Trainwiz enriches the whole thing. I don't know any other situation where an exception should be made like in TES. Fuck death of the author in general. And fuck redditors.
>>
>>46898019
This is precisely what I am getting at.
>>46898057
Being delusional probably enriches reality, but that doesn't make it correct or a good thing
>>
>>46898145
Taking Tamriel Rebuild's lore expansion as true is objectively correct, while treating ESO as trash is also correct. You're a fucking faggot is true, as well.
>>
>>46897935
You're really upset by this, aren't you? It's really tiresome to see the same uninteresting canon discussion being endlessly resurrected, for absolutely no reason.
>>
>>46898174
Taking Tamriel "Let's Make Ebonheart Imperial Fore Zero Reason" Rebuild's lore expansion as true
>>
>>46898238
I don't see why that wouldn't be the case. Not an argument against, a weak shitpost more like.
>>
>>46898174
Objective:not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts.

Subjective:based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions

Glad we could clear that up.

Thanks for the personal attack on me too, bruh. I'm sure "anyone who disagrees with me is a fucking faggot" is probably written somewhere in your personal headcanon. Probably in the 58th Sermon of Vivec the Hedgehog.
>>
>>46898274
I only see inane ramblings here. You've not cleared up the precedent for your case. The best you can do is >b-but other fanbases do so. That's not enough. Things are different here.
>>
>>46898057
Your lips must be covered in coal.
>>
So ever since Skyrim came around, the Elder Scrolls community had been split apart over the issue of Skyrim's Civil War between the Imperial Legion and the Stormcloaks. Each side has their pros and cons, each side has their positives and negatives and I can see both sides of the coin and their issues. Because of this a lot of people argue about who is right, which side has the best outcome, and from all the points and conclusions I rallied up, looked through, thought about, and so on I myself believe that in all honesty that the Imperial Legion has it right. I'm not saying that the Imperial Legion is perfect and I can see why those who fight along side with the Stormcloaks are set in their ways what with the banning of Talos but putting both the Legion and the Stormcloaks on a scale the Stormcloaks have more problems that I have against than what the Legion has. With the Legion, the only problems is of course the Thalmor to which I will be discussing along with this topic, and General Tulius. For those who have played along side with the Legion you know well how unknowable General Tulius is about Skyrim and Nordic culture, well as far as I'm concerned the true leader of the Imperial Legion is that of Legate Rikke. She was there in the Great War, she was there with Ulfric Stormcloak and Galmar Stone-Fist and saw everything but through and through she goes with the more logical. Let me explain here.
>>
Lets start with the main focus here, the end of the Great War, the White-Gold Concordat. Now, for those thinking that the concordat was just something the Thalmor or the Aldmeri Dominion cooked up just to ban the worship of Talos in exchange for peace between the Empire and the Dominion, that's just a bonus. Because as a member of the Aldmeri Dominion, what do you think is better? Killing every human, destroying everything, only to be left with nothing but ruins and spend hundreds of thousands to rebuild it all in your image and use your own resources to build it all from the ground up, or stop in mid fight and instead take command over them? That's what the Dominion did, that was what the concordat was about, the control over the Empire. That's what conquering is all about, you cant just kill every human being in sight. Because lets face it, Cyrodiil is not what it used to be back in Oblivion. No, there's probably hundreds of High Elves or Thalmor agents all over the city, watching over everything and killing those who oppose them and the Stormcloaks are going to be in a lot of trouble which again I will explain later.
>>
If you're an empire, like the Aldmeri Dominion per say, you just dont go out and destroy everything in sight, that's counter productive, it doesnt help them at all. They would be left with little to nothing to rule over except ruins and vast empty lands. With instead of destroying and killing off every human being in High Rock, Hammerfell, Cyrodiil, and Skyrim, who will be left? You have all that land with no one to govern them and have to spend millions just to get everything running again. With the White-Gold Concordat, they control the land of Cyrodiil with an already placed government, that was the prize, and the banning of Talos was just an all out bonus for the Dominion, an extra amount of pressure of their heel on the human race's neck. You think the Imperial Legion is proud for banning Talos, of course not but they couldn't do anything. They couldn't win every battle, no one can. How can I put this into terms people can understand? It's like playing Total War and/or Civilization or games that are like that. For those who play those games you know how expensive things can get when you burn down an entire city and rebuild your own city on that very same spot where you could've just taken the city over. And for one reason or another you will loose, whether it be a city or land, you cant win every battle. That is what the Imperial Empire is dealing with, the Dominion was more well equipped than what the Empire suspected, and because of that the Imperial Empire has been captured by the Aldmeri Dominion and with that the Dominion can make the Empire do whatever they please whether it be taxing and what not while the Empire governs itself under the eye of the Dominion.
>>
And it's not just that, the thing is with the Stormcloaks fighting against the Imperial Legion and the Imperial Empire, they sort of have their aim at the wrong direction. Because if you think about it the Imperial Empire is just enforcing the banning of Talos worshiping and all that because of the demands of the Dominion because the Dominion controls the Empire. The Stormcloaks are practically hitting the only friend they have, where they should be huddling up with the Imperial Empire and fight back against the Dominion and the Thalmor. It's like that of a warrior hitting the shield, the warrior presenting the Stormcloaks and the shield presenting the Imperial Legion/Empire. The warrior can bash and hit against the shield all he wants and cause dents and cuts on the shield but the warrior aint going after the one holding up the shield and only focusing only on the shield itself and the guy who is holding up the shield presenting the Dominion they can easily stab through the warrior much less kill him because lets take a look at numbers. With Skyrim they are alone, not unless High Rock makes an alliance with them but even then the Aldmeri Dominion has Elswyr, Cyrodiil, Hammerfell, Summerset Isles, and Valenwood. One or two countries against five other countries and I don't think Morrowind or Black Marsh will be joining with Skyrim again anytime soon, not with the relationship Skyrim have with those two countries. Even if the Stormcloaks were to somehow win and push the Empire out of Skyrim, the Aldmeri Dominion can easily just march through and end the rebellion just like that, the reason why they didnt do anything in this Civil War because they think little about the Stormcloak Rebellion. To them, the Stormcloaks are just a bunch of bandits as to they the Aldmeri Dominion have a massive army.
>>
>>46898464
>Cyrodiil is not what it used to be back in Oblivion
I want it to be what used to be pre-Oblivion.

>>46898464
>Elder Scrolls community had been split apart over the issue of Skyrim's Civil War
They really haven't. Reddit and cucks were for the imperials. Everyone else either didn't care (recognizing it doesn't metaphysically matter) or were for the old ways.
>>
And it's all because of one person; Ulfric Stormcloak. I get it, his heart is rather in the right place but his vision, it's not as it all crack up to be. From what I can understand from Ulfric Stormcloak's ideals, he wants Skyrim to be independent, not to rely on any of the other countries. Basically be a loner, and like I said earlier if the Stormcloaks were to be able to push back the Empire and became independent, then the Aldmeri Dominion with its five forces would easily destroy that independence, and if Skyrim became truly an independent country then High Rock wont help them, unless High Rock and Skyrim made an alliance but if not then Skyrim would be all alone facing that of five other countries. The whole Civil War would be all for nothing in the long run. Morrowind and Black-Marsh wont help Skyrim because with the ideals of Ulfric Stormcloak and his rule if he becomes High King, he would alienate them just like he has been doing in his own city of Windhelm such as forcing the Dark Elves into a single district as well as the Argonians and forcing them to live in the docks. And I'm not talking about player race wise, that has nothing to do with any of this.
>>
This is why I think Legate Rikke should be the actual figure head, the leader of the Imperial Legion. She loves Skyrim as much as anybody and she's a Nord, she wants what's best for the people and Skyrim and she understands what Ulfric doesn't. That one cannot fight endless armies without an alliance, and I believe that she knows or that she believes that with the forces of Skyrim as well as some others that the Empire may rise again and fight back to reclaim what was taken from the Dominion. That another rebellion is on the rise but this time unified and against the Dominion. But much like Rikke and Ulfric Stormcloak they are both one side of the same coin. They both love Skyrim but their vision and ideals are all different, Ulfric for me being the worse side of the coin. I can go on saying what everyone says about Ulfric saying that he's only doing this rebellion to become High King, that he's war hungry, but instead lets take Ulfric Stormcloak on a different approach with another person; High King Toryyg.
>>
Now according to the information of High King Toryyg, he was elected to be High King over that of a Moot, a Moot being that if there are no heirs or that there is to be one of the royal family to become the next High King, the Jarls must elect who will become the next High King or recognize the next High King to which that happened with High King Toryyg. Now why did I tell you this? Well the Moot pretty much have to go for all the Jarls of Skyrim, Ulfric Stormcloak included. So pretty much, in the Moot Ulfric Stormcloak confirmed that Toryyg would become the High King or the very least elected Toryyg to be the next High King. But with all that, to some people including me, that the death, the murder of High King Toryyg was unfair. High King Toryyg knew Ulfric Stormcloak, he knew the power that Ulfric had knowing how to use the Thu'um and that he was in the Great War. He knew that Ulfric was a powerful warrior and was well respected by the people and by Toryyg himself. And to make matters worse for Ulfric, is that Toryyg respected Ulfric so much that if Ulfric were to have come and asked Toryyg to side against the Imperial Empire, he would do it with no questions asked.
>>
But instead, Ulfric just went up and murdered him or should I say blackmailed him. Why did I say blackmailed? Well at the end of the game when you reach Sovngarde and find Toryyg, he say that he knew that he was going to die and that he fought fearlessly and still kept his honor but can Ulfric Stormcloak say the same? Toryyg didn't have a choice because according to the lore of Sovngarde not everyone can just go to Sovngarde, you have to uphold the traditions of Skyrim and the people. So since Ulfric challenged Toryyg to a duel, Toryyg had no choice but to accept or else he would not be permitted to go to Sovngarde. Ulfric knew this, pretty much saying to Toryyg that he either die by hid hand or dont go to Sovngarde. And at Sovngarde when you find Toryyg, he knows this as well. He knew what Ulfric knew, that what he did was honorless and just to so call redeem himself he did the same thing at the end of the Imperial Legion questline where he himself accepted the duel. So with all that, the death of High King Toryyg, all of which would've been easily avoided if it wasnt for Ulfric challenging Toryyg knowing full well that Toryyg would without a doubt be killed due to his lack of training and Ulfric being known as a strong powerful warrior, and there are other things that with the success of Ulfric would bring from alienation of other races, to Jarl Balgruuf being replaced and ran out even though Balgruuf shares almost the same thoughts with Ulfric, and so on.

I can agree to those who fight with the Stormcloaks that the Imperial Legion is not perfect, it has its problems, it has its issues, some I don't agree with. But for both the long run, for the people of Skyrim, I'd still fight for the Empire instead of working for someone like Ulfric Stormcloak.
>>
>>46898509
>wanting to be stormcucks
>wanting to be legionfag
Civil war was shit and underdeveloped like the rest of the game. Had it been given actual notice I might've wanted to pick a side.
>>
>>46898550
>Toryyg respected Ulfric so much that if Ulfric were to have come and asked Toryyg to side against the Imperial Empire, he would do it with no questions asked
What the fuck. Do you enjoy sneaking fanfiction as canon?
>>
>>46898489
>like the Aldmeri Dominion per say, you just dont go out and destroy everything in sight, that's counter productive, it doesnt help them at all.
But that's their end goal anyway. They WANT everything to be gone. They want to drop Nirn into Oblivion and meld back into whatever primal godsoup they used to be.
>>
>>46898575
"No questions asked" goes too far, but I think Elisif or someone at the Solitude court mentioned that Torygg respected Ulfric greatly and would've likely joined his cause, had he asked.
>>
>>46898575
It's actually said by Sybille Stentor that Toryyg had a lot of respect for Ulfric as a hero of the Great War. And I think we can trust the vampire's word on that.

>But Ulfric was at that moot, continually talking about Skyrim's independence in terms just shy of treason. I don't think Ulfric knew how much Torygg respected him for that. If Ulfric had asked Torygg directly to stand up, to declare independence, Torygg might have done it.
>>
>>46898289
>"The definition of objectivity changes when I want it to"

Whatever you say.
>>
>>46898289
When have I ever mentioned other fanbases? I couldn't care less about them.

It's this discussion that matters.
>>
>>46893204
what game is that?
>>
>>46899325
2 Seconds in Google
>>
File: 2016-04-25_161910.jpg (100 KB, 650x565) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-25_161910.jpg
100 KB, 650x565
>>46899337
thanks man
found it
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-25-10-33-48.png (327 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-25-10-33-48.png
327 KB, 1440x2560
>>46899477
Not that anon, but this is what I got. Pictures won't load, service is shit where I'm at
>>
>>46899666
You mean hell? Yeah, I'd imagine the service is pretty shit.
>>
>>46899666
I got "grass" instead of play or dress.
>>
Any news, Arena explorer guy?
>>
ALMSIVI already?
>>
File: 1454710727278.jpg (260 KB, 770x954) Image search: [Google]
1454710727278.jpg
260 KB, 770x954
>>46893537
there's a medieval II mod that converts the map to tamriel and lets you play as one of the nations there.
couldn't get it to work on my machine though
>>
>>46903558
I have heard there is also Elder Scrolls mod for Crusader Kings 2 also, but not sure if it's good.
>>
>>46903593
It's pretty good. Knahaten Flu will fuck you up, though (which is good).
>>
Daedra aren't necessarily evil, but are Aedra always good? They're the main religion so I haven't questioned whether they're inherently good or if they have their own agendas like the Daedra.
>>
>>46903786
Aedra are dirty liars.
>>
>>46903822
What exactly do they lie about? They can't normally interact with the mortal plane, but when Akatosh has he's mostly helped out. Unless you're an Ayylmao.
>>
>>46903876
Lorkhan is the one true Lord of Nirn, and the so-called "AE-Dra" are just his usurpers.
>>
>>46903876
Kynareth > Akatosh
Mara > Dibela
Zenithar > Stendarr
Julianos > Arkay
>>
>>46903934
Mankar, you know that makes no sense.
>>
>>46903934
Wasn't dying part of his plan?
>Lorkhan was cracked asunder and his divine spark fell to Nirn as a shooting star "to impregnate it with the measure of its existence and a reasonable amount of selfishness."
He needed to die for Nirn. Lorkhan died for our sins.
>>
>>46903593
It's okay but falls pretty flat in comparison to the standard game. The way the world is set up makes it feel very fake imo.
I honestly think they need to rebuild Tamriel from scratch which is something that will probably never be done
>>
>>46903786
They mostly just are. They're technically "dead" because they gave their lives to be parts of complex system that is Mundus aka Lorkhan's Arena. Basically they are more like forces of nature on mundus and natural laws rather than active gods with personality like Daedra. Their avatars that sometimes are appear are basically just ghosts of their memories in the machine.

There are exceptions like Lorkhan obviously that is actual living Aedra due to Talos and Magnus who didn't take part in creation, but doesn't seem to care shit about Mundus either aside acting as it's sun by flooding it with light aka magicka.
>>
File: 1459083136597.png (77 KB, 508x929) Image search: [Google]
1459083136597.png
77 KB, 508x929
>thousand-word lolsodeep speculation about the fucking civil war

literally no one cares

thanks to people like that, here's what you can expect from TES VI:
>Skyrim 2: Electric Boogaloo - another human province edition
>DLC takes you to Cyrodil
>LDB becomes new emperor
>armor and clothes are now single piece
>weapons categorized as melee or ranged
>6 potion effects - restore/damage health, magicka, stamina
>voiced PC
>begin game as member of thieves guild and dark brotherhood
>>
>>46904412
>LDB becomes new emperor
I really don't understand how this would be in anyway a bad thing. If anything it would show that Bethesda still has some fucking balls.
>>
>>46904412
>being this upset
>>
File: 1459407445206.jpg (298 KB, 515x2048) Image search: [Google]
1459407445206.jpg
298 KB, 515x2048
>>46904455
Would you like to talk more about the intricacies and character development of Lydia?
>>
>>46904559
No, I'm just amused that someone writing their thoughts about something (I assume, I didn't bother to read it), rustles you this much.
>>
>>46904412
>another human province edition
Well, we'd get Hammerfell presumably, and I'd have no problem with that.
>LDB becomes emperor
I'd be surprised, but in universe, putting a confirmed Dragonborn seems logical, as the entire basis of being emperor was being of the Dragons blood.
>armor and clothes
They were actually separate in Fallout 4, and you could wear clothes under armor, so that gives me a bit of hope.
>>
>>46904412
You forgot:
>all the books are recycled, new written cotent is notes that are about same length as your post
>dialogue wheel with yes or no and nothing else
>melee category weapons will include one longsword in style of each race and axes that are very rare collectible weapons
>no tamrielic artifacts in game because you can craft artifacts
>every quest will be atleast partly "radiant" (incl. main quest)
>removal of perks
>only one attribute "health"

And so on

and so on
>>
>>46904633
hell, I would enjoy a return to the attribute system

>>46904588
saying "you're rustled" doesn't really refute anything
>>
>>46904700
>refute
Where did you get the idea that I was trying to refute anything?
>>
File: Skeever Bait.png (158 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
Skeever Bait.png
158 KB, 625x626
>>46904700
There's nothing to refute.
It was /vg/ tier bait post to entice (you)s.
>>
>>46904700
But I meant that you have only one attribute. Health and nothing else. It also fully regenerates after every fight and leves by killing enemies. You could call it your character's level too and I'll be sure to inform marketing department about that.
>>
>>46904750
>that filename
fuck, you got me.
>>
>talkan about game mechanics about a game that won't even be out for years

Tell me about tattoos, who has them and do they serve any ritual/cultural purpose?
>>
>>46904924
Nords have Woad, Dunmer, Orcs and Nibenese tattoo their bodies and faces, Ohmes tattoo themselves to look more feline.
>>
File: 1414960807427.png (155 KB, 388x335) Image search: [Google]
1414960807427.png
155 KB, 388x335
Is there a mod that makes ascended sleepers musical like they should? Would add nice atmosphere/ambience to Dagoth dungeons.
>>
>>46904967
A lot of Bretons, mainly Reachmen, have Woad, too.
>>46904924
One of the most prominent tattoos in Dunmeri society is the symbol of Ghartok on their face.
It is a hand that represent the Black Hands of Mephala and the duality of action. Creation and Destruction, Offering and Taking, Sex and Death.
>>
Kirkbride's powerlevel chart

>Talos.

>The HoonDing.

>Trinimac.

>Vivec.

>Leki.

>Reman.

>Auri-El.

>Wulfharth.

>Morihaus.

>Pelinal.
>>
>>46904412
the people in largest city thing is kinda unfair thouugh, since vivec is basically the same three kinds of canton exteriors copy pasted around. Quickly counting what a town with regular houses for every inhabitant (ie. Balmora) houses, I get about 90.
>>
What is the comfiest town in Vardenfell and why is it Caldera?
>>
>>46905431
>not Sadrith Mora
N'wah go home
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 53

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.