[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/CofD/&/Wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness & World of Darkness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39
File: FUCKIGN FAGNESS.jpg (223 KB, 1000x430) Image search: [Google]
FUCKIGN FAGNESS.jpg
223 KB, 1000x430
Last thread >>46490101
http://pastebin.com/NjH6gQqi
>>
Chronicles of Fagness
>>
>>46504832
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WAubuRa6nQ
>>
LoTC mentions that assamite sorcerers occasionally recruit from mages

How would a mage feel about that?
>>
>>46504957
How, a gay werewolf post, already.
>>
>>46504973
Not good I would think.
>>
Has anyone tried to make the Assamites into a Bloodline for VtR?
>>
File: 21898162763_da2cfe4b6f_o.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
21898162763_da2cfe4b6f_o.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
So is Horizon Zero Dawn basically what The Sundered World is with robots instead of Spirits?
https://youtu.be/Fkg5UVTsKCE

>>46504849
Quiescence has always existed. And it's always been a problem (slash-benefit) for Hunters. It's in 1e. People just pretend it wasn't. I could probably find some quotes like I did last time, if I wasn't so lazy. It's definitely talked about in Witchfinders, but I don't have that on me.

>>46504902
That's not what he said at all. And there's only a "mage issue" because people WHO ARE NOT FANS OF MAGE are getting pissed off and saying shit like "mage supremacy". Why do people not understand this? People who like Mage are not getting up in arms about things. People who hate Mage are acting like this is some big thing that says Mages are the best and always right.

>>46505139
Why would you?
>>
>>46505139
I think Azerkatil fill some of the same thematic space? They're Turkish assassins, iirc.
>>
>>46505229
>Why would you?
Why not?
>>
File: tumblr_m2fqi7NOSO1qcu2w6o1_500.jpg (62 KB, 446x647) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m2fqi7NOSO1qcu2w6o1_500.jpg
62 KB, 446x647
>>46505139
See: >>46505270

Chris, do you know if we'll ever see any of the bloodlines books for the Strix Chronicles update?

>>46505229
Mages win with preptime. How you beat mages is to not let them get prep time.
>>
blackhand pdf yet?
>>
>>46505304
No idea, sorry. I haven't had any interaction with Requiem at all since coming onboard as a freelancer so future plans for Vampire are opaque to me.
>>
>>46505335

Just wanted to say that you're a huge part of me learning to actually enjoy Werewolf. It's still not my favorite, but your material and genuine enthusiasm have helped me a lot!

What are your favorite non-Werewolf lines?
>>
>>46505304
The preptime thing really doesn't mean anything; a mage with an hour to prepare is probably going to have, at most, Mage armor going by the time the fight starts, in 2e.
In 1e, though, the preptime thing doesn't even mean shit. The examples that assume a mage has preptime, I'm pretty sure, all assume they have days, if not weeks, to do ritual casting, and get mad stacks of dice, which is never going to happen in a real game.
>>
File: REMOVE KAWAII.jpg (62 KB, 546x800) Image search: [Google]
REMOVE KAWAII.jpg
62 KB, 546x800
>>46505335
Ah well, it was worth asking I guess. Speaking of questions, if you could change any one splat other than werewolf, what would it be and how would you change it?
>>
>>46505304
Preptime isn't even some instant win button. I mean, Mages are compared to Batman all the time, but Batman only wins because the writers want him to win. It's the Q problem. Q gives James Bond a random assortment of gadgets and no matter how ridiculous, no matter how "why would I ever need this?" they are, they'll all get used by the end of the movie. Because that's how the movie is written.

I guarantee in an actual Mage game you're going to constantly fuck up, because having all of the answers (in theory) doesn't actually mean having all of the answers (in fact).
>>
File: 1408240664499.png (154 KB, 798x558) Image search: [Google]
1408240664499.png
154 KB, 798x558
How do you come up with a Durance and a Keeper when escaping the Hedge makes all your memories fuzzy and vague? Is it mostly something the Storyteller has to make up?
>>
I am about to play my first WoD game ever, with everybody as original-flavor mages. Already read the book, already read the 1d4chan page. What is not in the books that I should know or be prepared for?
>>
>>46505304

Mages beat virtually anyone with prep time, at least in 1e. This is generally not required to combat regular humans, Hunter or otherwise.

Of course, the Quiescence also generally prevents humans from knowing about and locating Awakened mages or properly prepare for an encounter with them. It's the reason why Dave believes mages are not an appropriate target for Hunters until Tier 3.
>>
>>46505393
Just remember the OOC and IC separation, and work on it with your Storyteller.
>>
>>46505426
>Give us a link citation, Aspel.
Citation of what? Dave not saying the thing you say he did? Give me a citation that he did.
>>
>>46505364
Thanks! My favourite non-Werewolf lines for nWoD or just generally in rpgs?

>>46505376
Hmm. I'm tempted to say Geist because I always felt it had unrealized potential; feels like what it needs is a clearer signpost towards structured stuff to do in the game, so maybe add more detailed and structured antagonist groups. However, it's been ages since I played Geist so my memory is pretty rusty on that.
>>
File: 1459053192033.jpg (257 KB, 1280x1246) Image search: [Google]
1459053192033.jpg
257 KB, 1280x1246
>>46505480
>Geist
>mfw

MY NIGGA! I've always wanted a better done geist, the concept is fucking brilliant and with more of a focus on being that link between the living and the dead I think it would really shine. Part of the problem of Geist too is that a lot of the real spooky antagonists remain in the underworld, where they never interact with your average player unless they go down in there.
>>
>>46505480

What WW gamelines do you currently write for besides Werewolf?
>>
>>46505480

Favorite nWoD/CofD.
>>
>have favorite games and games I like less, but honestly could think of tons of fun ideas for every single line
>can't salvage a single fucking thing from Beast

It's incredible, really.
>>
>>46505684

Not even the Lairs and the Apex system? That could be the root of some decent politics, maybe.
>>
>>46505717
How so?
I'm not >>46505684
Just trying to get sold on Beast so I want to know what politics they generally have.
>>
File: m75y2fxcYn1qc0vxho1_500.jpg (126 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
m75y2fxcYn1qc0vxho1_500.jpg
126 KB, 500x750
>>46505684
Beasts are good antagonists for basically anyone. I could also see one-off Beasts being decent, if dangerous and largely unpredictable, ally NPCs. But they really seem to make a trash heap of a player splat.

>>46505480
I don't know who wrote the Sundering material for Dark Eras cause I haven't actually read it yet, but thank you to whoever confirmed Father Wolf x Helios. It feels good that my fanfiction became canon.
>>
>>46505717

Everything good about Beast could honestly just be tossed into a Mage supplement describing spooky beasties lurking in unpleasant corners of the Astral. I'm saying this as someone who doesn't even love Mage.

Beast doesn't bring anything new or interesting to the table.
>>
>>46505588
Awakening and Trinity. Hopefully I'll be in on Deviant but time will tell!

>>46505665
Hard to say; I've enjoyed good chronicles of Requiem, Awakening, Vigil and Mummy; they all have their own strengths. Probably the most interesting that I've *run* as a GM that's not Werewolf would be my pre-Revolutionary-War American colonies Awakening game; I enjoy the scope for weirdness that Awakening allows when brewing up plot and situations.
>>
>>46505874
>Chris has played Mummy
>I'm not the only one who's done a colonial game that wasn't about the revolution

Both of these are overwhelming revelations. Care to share more?
>>
>>46505874

Is there an nWoD game that you aren't overly fond of?
>>
>>46505874
>Chris
>writing for Trinity

That's good to hear. I'm anxiously awaiting the new edition.

What parts are you writing?
>>
>>46505902

The Mummy Chronicle's documented here: https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?714475-Mummy-the-Curse-Destroyer-of-Worlds-%28AP-Podcast-Book-Club-%29

It's a fun one!

>>46505738

The idea that there's a network of monster layers that exists in both the real world and the world of human nightmares is neat, even more so when the scariest thing in the area changes the Lairs so they manifest in a way related to it. I could see a game where it's all about establishing Lair networks or something.
>>
>>46505902
>Mummy
DaveB ran a Mummy game for a bit; iirc we stopped it because we started playtesting Mage 2e, can't remember for sure. Set in Mumbai, was a good laugh. My Ren mummy probably fed one of the other player characters' bodies into a furnace in a past era for HERESY which is why he doesn't have his original body in the modern age. Lots of flashbacks and flashforwards, and our Bull mummy had an Int of 1 and no concept of any way round a problem other than through it.

>Awakening
I think I posted some of my notes for the game up on /wodg/ a while back, including lists of all the mages and cabals in the colonial Consilium of Albany and New York. Sadly didn't get more than a dozen or so sessions in before one of the players moved to Germany, which kinda put a dampener on it. Was building towards crazy stuff with hostile timelines attempting to write themselves into reality; a cold war between the Uncrowned Kings alchemists and the Tamers of Stone freemasons; very tense relationships between the colonial and Iroquois Consilia, etc etc.
>>
>>46505931
Yeah; Promethean looks amazing but 1e rightly has the reputation of best game you'll never play. Lost has some very strong elements (and my wife loves it) but I always felt it needed a bit more overarching structure to hang plot off; it felt a bit too loose and directionless by default for my liking, beyond the initial thing of 'return, try and reestablish life, possibly kill fetch' which only lasts so long.

>>46505980
Just the section on the state of Europe in Trinity Aeon.
>>
>>46506020

That Awakening chronicle sounds awesome. I had a Requiem game set in 1700s Canada focused on a war between the French Lance and British Invictus, with the horrifying native Strix-puppet vampires as a wild card.
>>
>>46505480
Chris have you thought about when Onyx Path Talks about possible giving Geist a 2E, JUMPING ON TOP THE TABLE SCREENING "I VOLUNTEER AS DEVELOPER!!!!"

in all seriousness though I'm pretty sure you would a fantastic job as Geist developer. You turned Gifts from a frantic mess to a master piece of theme and function. Dave would definitely help out with the ghost bits, after all he laid a trap in mage to almost insure it. Lastly weren't you the one who madw the underworld submerged in the oceans of fragments?

Chris destiny is calling you.
>>
So, /CofD/. What kinda cool beasties have you put together using the horror rules from Chronicles?
>>
>>46506238
Say what now?
>>
>>46506267
the new 2E core added some pretty good guidelines for making horrors, which are meant to be like recurring and relatively free-form antagonists. Some of the examples in the books include an urban siren disguised as a little girl who wanders around dangerous areas, black eyed children and the actual Jersey Devil.
>>
>>46506144
Yes, I am the one who instituted the underworld ocean thing and it seems various people at OP like the notion; however, while I've developed rpg stuff before, it wasn't at OP and I don't really have enough writing credits on OP stuff as yet for them to consider me for developing things, I think, let alone a whole line. Besides which, I suspect there are OP vets already lining their bids up for the Geist dev if a 2e gets confirmed.

That said, I'd definitely be very eager to work on a Geist 2e if it happens. One downside of being a developer, from what I've seen on ChroD books thus far, is that you don't get to actually *write* very much - you have to trust a lot of that to your writers and, well, I *like* writing.
>>
>>46506295
Well alright that makes a lot of sense. But make sure to at least get the rights to work on the Manifestations and Keys.
Even if you have to kill a mother fucker for that right. Except Dave only maim Dave.
>>
File: 1452179836803.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1452179836803.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46506020
>Awakening
>I think I posted some of my notes for the game up on /wodg/ a while back
>colonial Consilium of Albany and New York

I save it for those who are interested.
>>
>tfw any interest you had in Hunter 2e has evaporated now that the new Delta Green is coming out and Night's Black Agents has gotten some awesome nee books
>tfw the same thing is happening with Mage because of Unknown Armies

help me
>>
>>46506517

They're wildly different games, so I dunno what to tell you, other than you probably didn't actually like Mage and Hunter to begin with.

Seriously, it's like someone lamenting that they lost all interest in Mutants & Masterminds because Aberrant is coming out: they're both about superheroes, but nobody would try to use one as a substitute for the other if they had the choice.
>>
>>46505645
>Back on the topic of "being human" in Chronicles of Darkness: Do werewolves get much chance at this? They seem too busy being spirit cops in other realms of existence.
Failing to be human often enough is a good way to completely fuck over your Harmony. Balancing your human and spirit halves is very important.
>>
>>46506517
just go into another general
less shitposting here for the rest of us

>>46506295
And you have so many good ideas! We need you to keep making werewolf great again!

Think about what you could do with the hosts, or changing breeds.
>>
>>46506576
He's saying he's lost interest because Mage 2 and Hunter 2 isn't out, and Delta Green and UA are great games on their own.
>>
>>46506611

"Aw man there's some bananas right here, I'm losing interest in steak!" It's nonsense. Either you didn't actually want steak specifically to begin with and were just generically hungry, or the bananas won't satisfy your thirst for steak and it's irrelevant that they're there.
>>
There's a very small disagreement on the OP Mage forums on whether the term "Council of Free Assemblies" was ever used as the full name of the Free Council in Mage 1e.

I always though COFA was a 1e term, but after reading the thread, I searched my PDF's and couldn't find it.

Did Dave invent COFA for 2e and I'm just confused because the spoiler is so old?
>>
>>46506517

Who do I have to pay at Onyx Path so that there's a Dracula Dossier-style campaign book for a CofD/WoD game? Text-induced sandbox games might be one of the most exciting changes to the traditional printed adventure I've ever seen, and it'd be perfect for these games.
>>
>>46506672

#BananasAreForHunters

#SteaksAreForMages

#SucksToBeAVampire
>>
>>46506672
That's a horrible analogy, and you clearly don't know how gaming works.

Games can last for months or years. If he wants to play a game right now, Mage2 isn't available. So he starts DG, and plays it for the next 2 years even when Mage comes out because GAMES LAST LONGER THAN FUCKING BANANAS DO
>>
So /tg/, what's your least favorite hunter organization and how would you fix it?
>>
>>46506747
>So he starts DG, and plays it for the next 2 years even when Mage comes out
And he's either satisfied, because he didn't actually want Mage specifically and is just as content to play DG, or he's not, because he DID want to play Mage, and decided to not because he's an impatient idiot, I guess?
>>
>>46506672
>two games about personal horror and monster hunting have as little in common as steak and bananas

You're a retard.
>>
>>46506761

I fix my least-favorite Compacts by just not using them.

I'd fix Les Mysteres by actually making them about Vodoun and not some vague bullshit pan-shamanism thing. Why was Spirit Dlayers such a shit book?
>>
This general is making me hungry.
>>
>>46506683

I mean, you could do the same thing with Book of Nod for Masquerade or Mythologies for Requiem.

Hell, you could do a lot with Dreams of Avarice in that format.
>>
>>46506865

Hungry for hot, sticky werewolf seed?
>>
File: 13013175093.jpg (98 KB, 638x1000) Image search: [Google]
13013175093.jpg
98 KB, 638x1000
>>46506761
Ashwood Abbey. There is nothing redeeming about them at all and you know anyone at the table who wants to play them is almost certainly That Guy. The easiest fix is to make it antagonist only faction or to clean it up some - have the posh kids going on big game hunt/safari the way their grand parents did, only now they hunt werewolves instead of lions. Keep the spoiled rich kid background without the rape and drug addiction.
>>
>>46506761
>tfw nobody loves any of the Compacts that aren't in the core book
>tfw the mediocre parts of Mortal Remains drown out hoe awesome the four new groups in it were

Hunter 1e was one of the most consistently great lines, with Slasher being incredible enough to make up for the lackluster bits elsewhere.
>>
>>46506938

There was an entire debate about whether or not to cut the Abbey/make them antagonist-only on the forums.

Personally? I like them as bad guys, or rebranded as a faux-Masonic "rich people get together to talk about the occult, sometimes even getting parts of it right" deal.
>>
>>46506871

Very true, I could see someone easily planning a cool Vampire chronicle around something like the Testament of Longinius. I think it'd still be neat for a full on in-character book with an accompanying ST manual to give support to possible leads coming from the book.
>>
>>46507030

Good luck finding players willing to read an entire book. The Dossier works well because everyone's read or seen Dracula at some point in their lives.
>>
>>46506938
Didn't they end up agreeing to make them antag only in 2E? They are one GOOD day away from becoming slashers after all. They kind of reek of 'the most dangerous game' peppered with drunken hooliganism.

They make a great group for antagonism, and I could imagine playing a game as them. But that game would most definitely turn into rebelling from the status quo of the group quickly.

'But father, why do I have to wear this uniform all the time? Just because you did?'
'Son, you'll go out there and shoot those dirty lycans, and like it. And bag the biggest one yourself, the Jamesons are coming, and I need him happy so he'll make me partner.'

And then you go and kill stuff, but not because DAD wants you to, but because you want to. Probably ending with realizing that some men deserve to be hunted just like the monsters, and killing some upper level Ashwood guys.
>>
>>46506938
Why did he go up there to check out his underwear? Isn't that easier to do on the floor?

Hey, White boi, get down from there, retard.
>>
>>46507098
>Didn't they end up agreeing to make them antag only in 2E?

Nope. That's the Bear Lodge. And, if the devs continue down this path, the Ashwood Abbey is slowly getting taken over by the Lodge, in an annoying introduction of metaplot.
>>
>>46504840

Someone explain this meme. I assume it's bait, but my desire to know more intensifies.
>>
>>46507098

We don't know anything about their 2e incarnation. Monica put up the most, people discussed it, and until we see a full outline, that's pretty much it for now.
>>
>>46505456
>everyone who replies to me is the same person
I didn't claim shit, Aspel. lrn2anon.

Where the fuck did he say what you say he did since you obviously read it and have such a clearly superior memory to other anon.
>>
>>46507163

Bear Lodge? I thought that it was the Hunt Club that was infiltrating Ashwood Abbey.
>>
>>46507163
Were the Bear Lodge the guys from Spirit Slayers? Aren't they just a compact of hunting bros?

I guess I never fully read their lore, but I always thought they were just the calm random hunters who ran into big game, while the Abbey was more 'we're rich and do this because we can get away with it'.

But now the name sticks out to me. Is Bear Lodge supposed to be like 'Opus Dei' Owl Lodge guys?
>>
>>46507169

It was annoying bait a while ago, and now we just roll with it and/or mock it. I believe it was probably the result of some of the political arguments about pronoun use, SJW's and whatnot. There's nothing to deep behind it.
>>
>>46507211
>>46507209
Damn it. Yes. I mixed the two organisations up.
>>
>>46507209
Okay now I'm real lost.

How many organizations of 'White people go out of control with their hobbies' do we need?
>>
>>46506681
Yes, I did, and yes you are.

#backtoproofing
>>
>>46507219
/tg/, where 4chan's gay hate is only paid lip service.
>>
So, does anyone have V20 Black Hand to share?
>>
>>46507235

Ashwood Abbey are a bunch of rich hedonists who hunt/fuck monsters for fun.

The Hunt Club are a bunch of slashers who murder normal people for fun.

The Beard Lodge are pretty normal game hunters who happen to be good at shooting werewolves.
>>
File: 1309200142917.jpg (14 KB, 299x293) Image search: [Google]
1309200142917.jpg
14 KB, 299x293
>>46507235
You're familiar with the Vampire covenants, right? Or literally any part of Mage, the creep type that spawned both the Technocracy AND the Whipping Boys?

White people going several steps too far with their hobbies is just part and parcel with WoD.

>>46507136
Being sexy makes you stupid, it's called minmaxing.
>>
>>46507304
>Beard Lodge

Yes
>>
>>46507235
>White people go out of control with their hobbies'

It's one of the primary themes of the CofD.

If non-straight, white, cis, abled, Christian males were evil in any way without a DAMN good reason, some of the WW fanbase would have a stroke.

#PCCofD
>>
>>46507257

Thanks, Dave.

I guess your 2e spoilers have been around for so long that I've just created a Mage 1.5 in my head.

#ProofFaster
>>
>>46507443

They should make the 'Boule' from Freaknik into an evil GM controlled organization. It would give them Black antagonists, and who wouldn't want to depict Not!Oprah as an evil mastermind?
>>
>>46506593
the werewolves in my current campaign spend MOST of their time bantering & hanging out with their packmates. You don't actually have to go into the Hisil that often, and they'd be going even less often than they already do if they didn't have a dedicated locus in the pack leader's basement.
>>
>>46507209
>>46507235
>>46507352
>>46507443
>>46507516

Are we talking about some kind of meta-level dindu nuffins? Like, the fans will only accept that the only humans that can be antagonistic are white, hetero, cis, male, etc.?
>>
>>46507443
>>46507516

It's ironic that so many developers and authors for WW are actually straight white men.

#White(wolf)Guilt
>>
>>46506761
Ascending Ones. Too much focus on "drug dealers" and not enough focus on "alchemists" for my taste. The conflict between their occult roots & current status as a glorified international drug cartel might have been interesting but it just fell completely flat imo. I'd make the dealers a small & frequently-maligned faction in the group, while playing up the syncretic Islamic/Egyptian mysticism. Being an Ascending One should be about venerating dead gods & going on crazy vision quests with supernatural kush.
>>
>>46507352
Whipping Boys are cool though. Enlightenment through pain.
>>
>>46507633
>Dindu nuffins

I had to look that up, I don't want to know what parts of the internet you frequent.

But think about it, most of the organizations of CofD (if not WoD in general) are just a bunch of White dudes pushing things too far, and then everything goes out of control.

It isn't like no one would accept something different, there is no chance to. When every bad guy is White, we don't even know what another bad guy would be like.
>>
>>46507704
I'll take a Whipping Boy over a Daksha any fucking day.
>>
File: 1369749257691.jpg (126 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1369749257691.jpg
126 KB, 500x750
>>46507633
I don't think it's on purpose (except, maybe, in the extraordinarily clumsy writing of Beast), it's just a weird accident. It does also play into the cultural idea that most people involved with clandestine organizations of any kind are white, and basically every antagonist group in WoD is clandestine by necessity.
>>
>>46507760
Hells yes. The Whipping Boys have an interesting idea of how to bring about enlightenment, and they are also not futanazis.
>>
>>46507633
most of the organizations in CofD are American or European, thus most protagonists & antagonists are going to be white or culturally Anglo-Saxon.
The only antagonist faction that actually flirts with the idea of white racial prejudice that I can think of right now are the Ivory Claws and they're about the racial supremacy of werewolves.

the histrionics, my god.
>>
>>46507760

The Daksha are weird, but at least they have the right idea about those filthy Sleepers.
>>
>>46507704
They are cool. But they're totally 'white people go way too far with their hobbies'.
>>
>>46507857

OP/WW makes a point about exploring and praising diversity, except with backgrounds of most antagonists.
>>
>>46507352
>Or literally any part of Mage
You know. The main Mage factions were founded by Greeks and Indians, with input from Aegyptians and Persians.

Neither of those is white.
>>
>>46507679
>#White(wolf)Guilt

That's a keeper.
>>
>>46507715
>Dindu nuffins
>I don't want to know what parts of the internet you frequent.

i don't want to alarm you but /pol/ has turned 4chan into one of the biggest places on the internet for white supremacists and the far right more generally.
>>
>>46507958
>Greeks ain't White

I hate to break it to you, but as far as the rest of us are concerned, they are part of your club.
>>
>>46507958

WW books definitely include a diverse array of characters. The issue is whether WW antagonists and villains are very disproportionately white men.

Also, by modern standards, Greeks are definitely white guys.
>>
>>46507870
>the right idea about those filthy Sleepers

In the CofD, it's best to not get too attached to you food.
>>
>>46507950
everyone in mummy: the curse is black including the bad guys. there's several hispanic angels in demon, there was that black werewolf antagonist in one of the SAS modules, there's a black soul eater in Geist, etc. etc.
>>
>>46508158
>Egyptians are black

HERE WE FUCKING GO
>>
>>46508067
Hmm. I'm ignoring completely inhuman shit here, like Strix and Pandorans.
Vampire: VII are frickin' weird, with multiple-choice backstory. Hard to tell. Belial's Brood generally have middle-eastern origins. Mostly, the other Covenants serve as opposition.
Werewolf: Pure are of all races. Race is secondary to species. Bale Hounds are traitors, and can thus be any kind of shit.
Mage: First Seer cult was Romans. Probably white. Scelesti have popped up everywhere, but their paradise-nation was in Iraq.
Promethean: The one group of alchemists we've seen are certainly Old White Men with power. Counts.
Changeling: Privateers and Loyalists are traitors, and could come from anywhere.
Geist: No organized opposition.
Mummy: Everyone is African.
Demon: No human-based opposition.
Beast: No organized opposition.
>>
>>46508158
>There are antagonists that matter in Geist

Huh, don't know if we have the same version then.
>>
>>46508158

Even ignoring how stupid the whole "Egyptian = black" thing is, both the Nameless Empire and Egypt had tons of contact along the Mediterranean and into the Middle East. There's also the fact that many Arisen (and all Shuankhsen, iirc) are in new bodies.

>>46508225
>No human-based opposition

Deva Corporation is from India, while Hunter gives us an American startup called Utopia Now.
>>
File: 872362.png (193 KB, 647x611) Image search: [Google]
872362.png
193 KB, 647x611
Did I hear Whipping Boys?
>>
>>46508158
>>46508225
>>46508225

Everyone is Mummy is not black or African.

Mummy can lost their original bodies, Shuankhsen all get new bodies, and cults span all potential backgrounds.

It also doesn't necessarily matter the origins of a group, but whether the portrayed NPC's are white males.
>>
File: image.jpg (250 KB, 543x990) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
250 KB, 543x990
>>46508158
>everyone in mummy: the curse is black
>>
>>46508296
the sahu is based on the perception of one's self, so technically it can be any shade the mummy can remember. and yeah i was exaggerating for effect with "everyone in mummy is black" since even *that* one sidebar only says "very few to none of the people of Irem were European or 'white', mostly arabic, Mediterranean or Ethiopian in ethnic appearance."
>>
>>46506853
I like Les Mysteres as a catch all.

>>46506761
There are so many orgs I don't care for. Off the top of my head:
Abbey is antagonists, showing what a "Hunter" can be when they go off the deep end and hunt for pleasure. Same for the Faithful of Shulpae. And the Bear Lodge. And Hunt Club.

Null Mysteriis, Talbot Group, Barrett Commission, et al aren't really Hunters, so much as Hunter adjacent.

Loyalists of Thule are fucking dumb. "We're guilty over Nazis!" stops working when anyone who would have been part of the Thule Society is dead or too damned old.

The Aegis don't have a specific hate-on for Mages/Werewolves, or if they do, they also have it for Mummies. Likewise, the Lucifuge don't get all conservative Christian when it comes to Mages.

The otherwise awesome Knights of Saint Adrian don't work so obviously for the God-Machine.

>>46506938
I hate people arguing in favour of the Abbey.

>>46506965
Mortal Remains was great. Also, I hate the Compacts in the Corebook other than The Union and Network Zero. I like Keepers of the Source and the Maiden's Blood Sisterhood. Most of the other Compacts are barely even Hunters. Sure, it's nice that The Barrett Commission exists, but how the fuck are you going to play that in a typical Hunter game?
I did play one game where we were Werewolves being looked after by Talbot, though.

I also love Habibti-Ma and while they're not a group I'd want anyone to play as, I love that ̶B̶i̶o̶s̶h̶o̶c̶k̶ Utopia Now exists. I also love the Knights, I just wish they weren't so overtly an example of "Hunters are pawns of the bad guy splats".

>>46507003
>>46507098
I think making them antagonist only is the best answer. It should honestly satisfy everyone. You can still PLAY an antagonist faction, it's just clearly not the intended type of character, and has a clear "ST Advisory Warning" sticker.
Otherwise you sanitize them and make them less of what people want.
>>
>>46508362
>Everyone is Mummy is not black or African.

Fine.

PRACTICALLY everyone in Mummy was part of an Empire acting out of Egypt, ranging across North Africa and the Middle East.
Better?
>>
>>46508367

All Arisen *were* African.

Many Arisen have lost their original bodies and all Shuankhsen change bodies. Everyone is most certainly not black.
>>
>>46508404

Again, the issue is not the ancient background of some small number of antagonists across the CofD, but whether white men represent the vast majority of antagonists actually offered by WW.
>>
>>46508400

You can be a hunter whose Vigil doesn't involve killing monsters, y'know. Null Mysteriis, the Loyalists of Thule, and Network Zero are all obsessive weirdos hunting the truth.

If anything, we need more non-militant Hunter groups. It kills me that we don't have a canon diplomat organization.

>>46508404

Much.
>>
>>46508158
>there was that black werewolf antagonist in one of the SAS modules

Really?

#token
>>
>>46506761
Ashwood Abbey.

Either make them bona fide antagonists, or massively tone down the sadistic rapist angle, and concentrate more on being a rich society of monster hunters.

I'm fine with them maintaining the Vigil for personal enjoyment, but not when they're eye-fucking Changelings to death, and hate-fucking dismembered Prometheans.
>>
>>46506965
The Barret Commission and the Night Watch are fine in my book.
>>
>>46508400

The Loyalists of Thule are about all kinds of guilt; the whole Nazi thing was merely about their founders. You can be one of them just because you accidentally summoned something or couldn't save someone.
>>
>>46508485
>a hunter whose Vigil doesn't involve killing monsters

#boringvigil

#coward
>>
>>46508409
the appearance of mummies is based on their self-perception, not on the appearance of the body they are currently inhabiting. #sahu
>>
Am I weird if the thing I'm enjoying the most out of 2e so far is all of the example settings?

>tfw they're all you care about in The Pack
>>
>>46508554

Yes, but one of the Twice-Arisen likely remembers that this current body is not their original, likely teisting their sahu to resemble something between the two. Even if they remember being their old self, the sahu still looks like the new body.

We even see some of this with that one Mummy with the stupid controversy over their gender; the apparent gender of their sahu changes with rising Memory.
>>
>>46507179
Why don't you ask the Anon where he got his info? Just because I read something doesn't mean I remember which of the hundred threads it was in.

>>46507163
Hunt Club. And it's not metaplot, it would be an aspect of the setting. Something that's been happening, not "since the last time you saw them..."

>>46507352
The Whipping Boys actually have a Left Handed version.
And there's at least one Hunter Compact that's "lefty terrorists"

>>46507633
>>46507950
>>46508067
But all those groups are player character groups, just like the drug dealing Arabs and the cannibal Egyptians. And I guess technically The Cainite Heresy is Middle Eastern, but fuck that group is dumb.

>>46507787
>Not liking hermaphrodite space nazis

>>46507879
>>46507958
Yeah, but the Daksha are Indian. Every Mage group is about people going too far in their hobbies, to the point of looking like The Warriors gangs.
>>
>>46508622
>the Cainite Heresy is Middle Eastern

They started off in Medieval Europe and got their magic from Romans, what the fuck are you talking about?

And stop replying to fifty posts at once, autist.
>>
>>46506761
>>46507680
I agree. While I like elements of the Ascending Ones and think they could work well together, in their current incarnation they feel like 2-3 groups slammed together haphazardly.
>>
>>46508720
>they're hermetic alchemists who draw upon a real Greco-Egyptian occult tradition
>but they're also inner city drug dealers
>and also militant Muslims

I'm glad we have an actual Hashashin compact so that the AO can just be druggie weirdos in 2e.
>>
>>46508158
The soul eater was Hispanic. He's a Nicaraguan mestizo. Although I suppose they can get pretty dark in that part of the world.

>>46508485
The problem isn't that they don't kill monsters. The problem is that they generally don't "Hunt" or uphold a "Vigil" in any capacity. NetZero actually does both of those things, while Null Mysteriis doesn't. Loyalists kind of do, but they leave the actual footwork to others, and also they're dumb and stupid.

It's not that I don't want anyone who's not militant. It's that I don't like the options we're given.
>It kills me that we don't have a canon diplomat organization.
Ascending Ones
Network Zero
Lucifuge
All the ones you just mentioned?
Habibti-Ma
Barrett Commission

Part of the problem is that "diplomat" doesn't make for an interesting game when you're fighting monsters. You aren't going to stop a barghest with diplomacy. The Aswang probably isn't going to want to listen to your thoughtful rhetoric.

>>46508533
The problem is that doesn't WORK. You're not a "Loyalist of Thule" at that point, you're just someone blackmailed into helping them, and then blackmailing someone else down the line. It's so stupid. They're a group that has potential and it's just so dumbly handled.

>>46508705
No.
Also, there's no mention of Europe (or Rome) in their write up. Doesn't say they're Middle Eastern, either, but I could have sworn I read something like that. Might have been in the other parts of Night Stalkers.

>>46508776
>>46508720
I think the three elements can work together. They just don't currently.
What actual Hashshashin compact? The one from that one Vampire book? They kind of suck, though.

I want Ascending Ones to get fleshed out better. They have so much good stuff, but it's almost all in Vampire books and talking about the Mekhet.
>>
>>46508917

The Loyalists of Thule as a whole are "occult scholars driven by guilt." That's a perfectly coherent premise, and I don't understand your beef with them. They're one of the most popular Compacts in the game.

And the Cainite Heresy gets their Endowment from the Aves Minerva, a Roman Conspiracy that passes it onto them. It's in the Paterfamilias SAS.
>>
>>46508917
>It's not that I don't want anyone who's not militant. It's that I don't like the options we're given.
>>It kills me that we don't have a canon diplomat organization.
>Ascending Ones
>Network Zero
>Lucifuge
>All the ones you just mentioned?
>Habibti-Ma
>Barrett Commission
>Part of the problem is that "diplomat" doesn't make for an interesting game when you're fighting monsters. You aren't going to stop a barghest with diplomacy. The Aswang probably isn't going to want to listen to your thoughtful rhetoric.

The Long Night are also, kind of, diplomats. Their mission is first and foremost to convert the monsters, and make them give up their monstrous ways. Killing is what they do when they have no other choice.
>>
>>46508969

It's because Aspel's a bit of a literalist who cares more about the surface details of something rather than anything else.
>>
Can someone link Black Hand V20?
>>
File: laughing around skeletons.gif (175 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
laughing around skeletons.gif
175 KB, 500x375
>>46509033

Vampire fans, everybody
>>
>>46509033
Yes. But why?
>>
>>46509005
>The Long Night are also, kind of, diplomats

"Convert or die" is not particularly 'diplomatic.'
>>
>>46509114
From their point of view it is!
>>
>>46509087

So, Rose actually posted a "State of Vampire" today.

"So I'm slowed down. To address that, I'm bringing in a co-developer on Vampire, starting with A Thousand Years of Night.

Here's what's coming:

Secrets of the Covenants: Mike needs some time on it, but the manuscript's been locked down and approved by Paradox for a while now.

A Thousand Years of Night: Paradox just approved the outline, which goes to writers over the weekend. I or my co-developer, Danielle Lauzon, will post the outline.

Half-Damned: Working on mechanics for this; once that framework's together, it'll go to outline, approval, etc.

Guide to the Night: The last currently announced title, this one's large and ambitious -- it's supposed to be a top-to-bottom guide to running and playing the game. You'll see a few familiar concepts, like how to use Tiers to scope your setting, but it's mostly new territory. We'll be covering how to create characters and link them to the world, how to run games for more (and less) self-directed groups, and a lot more. EDIT: Also probably a whole bunch of Climbing the Ladder type stuff.
>>
>>46509152
>From their point of view it is!

I guess that must count for something.
>>
>>46509194
After all, compared to many of the other hunter organizations, they are quite fair for adding the "Convert or" part.
>>
>>46508552
>not playing a Hunter who's Vigil is to date a monster
Explain yourself
>>
>>46509031
>>46508969
I don't like the Loyalists because so much of their schtick is wrapped up in "we helped the Nazis and feel guilty". That's what the whole first page of their two and a half page write up is about. On top of that, their write up goes on about how they're scholars and not meant for actual Hunting.

I'm also aware of where the Cainite's Endowment comes from; I could have sworn there was something about the modern version maybe being started in the MidEast. But I'm not going to go to the wall on that, because I might be wrong; I just remember someone calling me on that and begrudgingly admitting that they might be right.

>>46509005
>>46509114
Technically the Malleus is the same. But they focus way more on the militant part.
>>
>>46508969
i'm gonna throw my hat into the ring in defense of the Loyalists of Thule who are incredibly cool & good. The "weight of one's sins/history driving one to penance" is a neat theme & one that i always find myself drawn to. Also I like to interpret the "3 Old Men of Munich refuse to die before any of the other two because they hate each other so much" legend/rumor as a literal, supernaturally true thing because I love it.
>>
>>46509253
>Technically the Malleus is the same. But they focus way more on the militant part.

Yes. And with a longer history of knowing that none ever walk away from their powers.
>>
>>46509168

>Danielle Lauzon

Oh, that's a new name. Gonna do some research, see what they've done before.
>>
I'm going to be playing my first WoD session tommorow. My group is going to play the Nightmare at Hill Manor module, and after that we are planning on moving to Werewolf: the Apocalypse. I was confused at first, since it's a nWoD module and W:tA is oWoD, but apparently there are going to be some rule changes anyway. Besides that, what should I expect?

Also the Storyteller is a girl
>>
>>46509415
>Besides that, what should I expect?

Jump. Fucking. Ship.

The games have completely different themes, and they simply don't work together. That game WILL be a mess.
>>
>>46509415
>Also the Storyteller is a girl
Why does that matter?

Also, that's something you should ask your ST about. Maybe they're doing an oWoD version of Nightmare at Hill Manor so that you all know the mechanics. Or maybe they mean Werewolf: The Forsaken. Either way, get that straightened out.
>>
>>46509415

Shit, that's what you can expect.
>>
>>46509483
Girls dig m-preg
>>
>>46509114
>>46509294
I like how the Long Night has a faction that attempts to become a monster so they can better help turn other monsters to the light.

Also one of my least favorite things in Hunter is the MM depiction in Mortal Remains. No, Mummy resurrection wouldn't raise any uncomfortable questions about their faith. I have to wonder what the writer was thinking when they wrote that. The immediate answers to what they are seeing is either some sort of demon or someone who made a deal with a demon for imperfect immortality.
>>
>>46508917

>All this hate for the Loyalists of Thule

See, I always thought of the Loyalists as this collection of different groups under one banner. You've got the former Neo-Nazi cells who realized they fucked up something big, and want to atone. Killing monsters helps with that. You've got your old school academics, the guys who stumbled onto occult knowledge and are trying to preserve and collect it and keep it out of the hands of those who'd use it for nasty shit. You've got your newagers, who buy into all that mystic mumbo jumbo, but don't have any mumbo jumbo themselves, they tend to gravitate towards the Thule because it's one of the more occult focused compacts. Then you have your lifers - the guys who are descended from the original society, and who really take the seeking forgiveness angle.

The Loyalists are a group that probably tends to ask questions first and kill later, but they will hunt and they'll hunt like men possessed because they *know* more shit about the occult than most other compacts. And when they see a threat, it's very very much a serious deal.
>>
>>46509483
I already talked to her, so I assume that it's what you said, and she is doing a oWoD version of Nightmare at Hill Manor. She said that she prefered the old rules
>>
>>46509616
>I like how the Long Night has a faction that attempts to become a monster so they can better help turn other monsters to the light.
... you're reading that the exact opposite of what it says.
Some of the Merciful WERE witches. They're Charity Carpenter as a monster hunter.

>>46509709
>See, I always thought of the Loyalists as this collection of different groups under one banner.
If only that was how they were presented, I'd be fine-ish. But they're strongly focused on the anti-Nazi thing.

>>46509731
>She said that she prefered the old rules
Bail.
>>
File: 1453778538133.jpg (10 KB, 252x244) Image search: [Google]
1453778538133.jpg
10 KB, 252x244
>>46509731
>She said she preferred the old rules

Oh BOY you're in for some fun. Quick hit a guy with a chainsaw and see it do no fucking damage because of Soak!
>>
>>46509756
>If only that was how they were presented, I'd be fine-ish. But they're strongly focused on the anti-Nazi thing.
It's an intrinsic part of their compacts history. It's something that they'd be hung up on certainly. I don't like the extent it's put towards in the Compacts and Conspiracies book, but then again I look at Compacts and Conspiracies as a sort of collection of rumors and half truths hidden in a veil of even more lies. I mean shit like the NetworkZero guys having Dirty Bombs available is kinda retarded.
>>
>>46509348

Oh hey, they've apparently been writing for a while. Worked on Chill 3e and GMC, it seems like. Neat!
>>
>>46509756
>>46509765
Welp. Actually she only mentioned she prefered the character creation rules, but I'll make sure to storytime if anything worth telling happens
>>
File: 1455804395580.jpg (35 KB, 250x302) Image search: [Google]
1455804395580.jpg
35 KB, 250x302
>>46509879
>she prefers oWoD Character Creation rules

You'll have to storytime this shit because its' going to be a glorious fuckfest most likely. Werewolf + Female GM + MODULES.

Plus I doubt she'll be playing werewolf like it should be. Make a Bone Gnawer who's totem spirit is the Almighty Dolla and only speaks in jive.
>>
>>46509348
>>46509852
>Danielle Lauzon

She also worked on Dark Eras, although I don't know which era.
>>
>>46509818
I haven't even read their C&C write up. Just from the corebook is why I don't like them. They don't grab me, and their theme is dumb.

>>46509931
>Hurr durr, female GMs

But seriously oWoD is garbo
>>
>>46509931
>>46509879
Also, forgot to mention. Neither the ST nor the players have a lot of experience with WoD, so I was already expecting some problems
>>
>>46504840
Enjoying your 2 1/2 pages of less offensive tradition structures in your Ascension, brah?
>>
>>46509998
This is going to be fun to hear about

>>46509969
If you don't like them you don't like them. But as for female GM's, that's usually fine. Female GM's with oWerewolf isn't exactly a sign of good things to come, especially if she likes oWerewolf character creation. Prepare for sparklewolves.
>>
File: whitewolf.jpg (94 KB, 640x468) Image search: [Google]
whitewolf.jpg
94 KB, 640x468
So we were talking about how the "Human Question" aspect was the best theme for the entirety of Chronicles/World of Darkness (>>46494111).

How do werewolves tie into this if they're constantly fighting shit in the spirit world and regularly being innawoods?
>>
>>46510181
Spirits aren't always innawoods in NWoD/CofD. Spirits are EVERYWHERE and the cityscape is as important as the wild world.
>>
>>46507787
>they are also not futanazis
>futanazis
What? When did i miss that?
>>
>>46510202
yeah but where do the "what does it mean to be human" questions come up?
>>
>>46510181
Because they usually live in cities. Werewolves hunt spirits, and spirits are everywhere. Spirits also love people because people feed spirits. Ergo, spirits (At least of emotion) go where people go.
>>
>>46510181
They also hunt other werewolves, claimed and hosts and humans, which are not in the spirit world.

Obviously the spirit world is not limited to the woods, either.
>>
>>46510181
The human reflects in the spirit, and the spirit reflects in humanity.

The Human Question in Werewolf is, "How do we reflect on the world?"

I run werewolves not as a bunch of werewolves running around killing bad stuff that pops up, that makes them superheroes. Werewolves keep the balance, which can mean busting up humans causing bad juju as much as spirits causing bad business.

A constant murder spot causing murder spirits that are messing up the spirit is a problem. It is a particularly urban problem as well.

I think a constant question when running Werewolf should be, 'what normal human stuff would cause problems in the spirit world? What would my spirit world plot do to the physical world?'
>>
>>46509959
Alexandrian Mage. She co-wrote it with Malcolm.

Danielle has actually been freelancing with Onyx Path for a long time - nearly as long as I have. She did a whole lot of Demon: The Descent, for example. For me, she wrote the core magic system and several Arcana in Awakening 2e, and she's got a chapter in Signs of Sorcery.
>>
>>46510059
Do you even have anything to back up that insinuation?

>>46510222
The Daksha are a group of originally Aryan (as in Indo-European) Mages who see Mages as the descendants of Atlantis in a very Spirit Science theosophy sort of way, which is part of the Thule Society aspects that helped drive the early Nazi philosophies (but were technically abandoned).

As such, their first Attainment is taking on the perfected form of a three eyed hermaphrodite. They also see Sleepers as being lesser beings (and non-Daksha Mages as lesser beings than Daksha, hence their "you're only three-quarters chimp" quote)
http://www.thesubnet.com/portal/cod/mtaw/LegacyDak.html

They're honestly interesting, but racists make bad PC characters.
>>
>>46510358

It sounds like Vampire's in good (co-)hands then. Very excited for Secrets of the Covenants to finally be out!
>>
>>46510292
>They also hunt other werewolves, claimed and hosts and humans, which are not in the spirit world.
And vampires, and prometheans and magi and Beasts and demons and Demons and daimons and ghosts and idigam.

Werewolves are probably the most widely ranging splat next to mages.
>>
File: Hunter the Vigil.webm (3 MB, 710x400) Image search: [Google]
Hunter the Vigil.webm
3 MB, 710x400
>>46510358
Hi Dave!

Geist 2e WHEN
>>
>>46510366
Huh, that was a lot less autistic than i thought.
>>
>>46510464
>>46510292
>>46510260
What I mean is where does their "What does it mean to be human" question come from?

Vampires have to worry about not losing themselves to an inner beast

Mages have overreaching power that could fall to abuse over powerless mortals at any moment.

Geists think about their second chances at life.

Demon's have to worry about maintaining their cover and working towards their mission vs protecting the relationships they actually start caring for

Mummies deal with the problems of immortality and an inability to cling to an ever changing human world.

What do werewolves have going for them?
>>
>>46510481
>Something /wodg/ complains about isn't as bad as they make it out to be
no shit?

But I'm still going to joke about them being hermaphrodite space nazis. It's funny
>>
>>46510366
>racists make bad PC characters.

Racists may be bad people IRL, but whether they make bad PC's in a TTRPG depends on your chronicle and player group. Most major splats hold some prejudices, it's simply a matter of what you and your group and willing to explore or countenance during play.

Besides, everyone knows that in the CofD, humans are indeed lesser beings or just plain old food.

#MysteriumKnowsBest

#HumansTheOtherWhiteMeat
>>
>>46510611
If you go "full wolf" you get stuck in another world, unable to leave and constantly shapeshifting every few minutes because you are more spirit than man.

It's important to balance your fleshy side.

And it's BALANCE that's important. Going the other way is just as bad. You're stuck in THIS world and you shouldn't be, changing hurts and ruins all your clothes and costs energy to do, you go into death rage seconds after being triggered by things you cannot control at all.
>>
>>46510611
>Geists

Geists are the ghost-spirit-god things they time-share a soul with, the proper term you're looking for is Sin-Eater.
>>
>>46510611

Werewolves have to deal with the revelation that they were never actually human, which is terrifying in of itself. Then you get into the balancing act of Harmony, where too far towards Flesh you feel profoundly off-balance and too far towards Spirit you're literally leaving humanity behind.
>>
>>46510655
You're right, that it is all up to the group and what works there.

I consider racist PCs one step above the 'quiet loner' character. Sure you can make a quiet loner work, but you are really just giving yourself an excuse to not interact with the other PCs, and never contribute until X thing you like to do happens.
>>
>>46510703
>Werewolves have to deal with the revelation that they were never actually human, which is terrifying in of itself.
Untrue, werewolves might be from bloodlines but can be chosen at the whim of the gods. Unless you were born a wolf blooded you were a human before that.
>>
>>46510358

Is Danielle Lauzon the same person as the Danielle Harper you indicated was a Mage author a long time ago?

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/mage-the-awakening/572895-2e-spell-spoiler-compilation/page3
>>
>>46510611
One of the basic themes of werewolf is that they don't fully belong to the human world or the spirit world - and that focusing too heavily one side risks weakening the connection to the other. A lot of werewolf is about feeling ostracized and distanced from the people who you should be closest to, which is why they create such tightly knit packs. It's a self-defense mechanism against never truly fitting in, and against never being able to have a 100% honest relationship.

Vampire and mage turn the human question inward, they're about controlling inner demons. Werewolf is, essentially, the hedgehog's dilemma. It's about how human you can be if you can't be real.
>>
What would you want from a Mummy supplement?
>>
>>46510655
>>46510709
Let me rephrase: Characters who think everyone else in the party is a lesser being are not good PC fodder. Thinking humans are lesser is fine, thinking the other players are isn't.

I spent the last two days watching people arguing about how they don't feel comfortable with a Princess of Mirrors in the party while the wannabe Mirror tried to assure everyone that her self-centered egotist gloryhog of a character would play fine with everyone else.
>>
>>46510776
>Vampire and mage turn the human question inward

Everyone knows that mages are the *real* humans, and Sleepers are little more than sheep and cattle.
>>
>>46510826
Night Horrors: Wrapping Stars
>>
>>46510875
>Night Horrors: Rapping Stars
>>
File: fimA9Gj.jpg (174 KB, 1600x1950) Image search: [Google]
fimA9Gj.jpg
174 KB, 1600x1950
Which one defines your WoD character /tg/?
>>
>>46510906

>Rapping Stars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4IYLg8TgO8
>>
>>46510906
>>Night Horrors: Rapping Stars

Sounds like a sourcebook full of 1980's two-dimensional black villians.
>>
>>46510875

Would you just want lots of Arisen, Deceived, and Shuankhsen, or something else?
>>
>>46511057
Just like the rest of Night Horrors, antagonists for your games. It can have Arisen, DEceived and Shaunkhsen, it can also have rogue cults (like the precursor to the mummy hunting compact), necromancers and moreinformation about LDI, cursed "trap" artifacts designed for mummies, as well as threats noone's encountered yet
>>
>>46511109

Don't forget some mages. Those guys are real bastards.
>>
>>46511109

If it helps, Sekhem sorcerers got confirmed for the Dark Eras Companion in the Cleopatra setting.
>>
File: when the meme so supreme.jpg (47 KB, 377x175) Image search: [Google]
when the meme so supreme.jpg
47 KB, 377x175
>>46510963
Monsoon
>>
File: Literally a Meme Game.jpg (98 KB, 778x213) Image search: [Google]
Literally a Meme Game.jpg
98 KB, 778x213
>>46511545
I unironically adore whoever wrote this portion of Mage20.
>>
>>46511582
it's the same guy who wrote 99% of the rest of the book
>>
>>46511582

My God, Brucato really is full of himself.
>>
File: mgr memes 6.jpg (90 KB, 712x960) Image search: [Google]
mgr memes 6.jpg
90 KB, 712x960
>>46511787
>>
Which order has members most likely to switch sides and join the Seers? Guardians, Silver Ladder or Mysterium?
>>
>>46511989
Mysterium. But it's a trick question, because none of them are really inclined to do so because of their affiliation.
>>
>>46511989

There's nothing about any of the listed Orders that would make a member any more or less likely to join the Seers.

It would be all about the individual, and the Seers would have to offer a LOT for any Pentacle mage to even consider such decision.
>>
>>46511989

Guardians. Get far enough into keeping the Sleepers blind and believing in a hierarchy of souls and the lines start to blur.
>>
>>46512135
The Guardians police their own though. Like, nearly excessively police their own. I'm pretty sure they'd assassinate anyone they thought could be feeding information to the seers.
>>
>>46512438
They're also aware that they police their own. They're practically part of the oppressive system the Seers have, its' like a lateral move

you just disappear one place, pop up someplace else with a different name and your sympathy scoured
>>
>>46512438
>"We're too good at what we do to have defectors."
>"Who, Philby? I love that guy!"
>>
Do Mages have a way to shape their personal spaces to their wishes? I don't know a lot about the line.
>>
>>46513450
They have hands, so yes
>>
>>46513493

Sorry, shitty phrasing. Could a Mage influence the form of their Oneiros and impose that upon reality? What does a Demesne look like?
>>
>>46513540
>Sorry, shitty phrasing.
Nah I was being a dick.

They could use magic to carve out a place, I think they "could" overlay some imagined world on top of their own but it would require an attainment or powerful spell
>>
>>46508521
Honestly that makes me wanna play them more.
>>
>>46508521
>Ashwood Abbey
they sound fucking fun.

i would love to fuck a werewolf while it bleeds to death and play golf with the hole being a half head deep vamp in the ground as the sun comes up. why are they so bad anyway you act as if vamps or anything else other then changling have a reason to be a dick
>>
File: hunt3.jpg (17 KB, 379x286) Image search: [Google]
hunt3.jpg
17 KB, 379x286
>>46514033
forgot pic fixed
>>
>>46513716
Unlimited Bladeworks rote when?
>>
>>46508620
Wait what, Transgender/nigger mummies?
>>
>>46514257
More like: Mummy needs new body, needs it now, takes whatever's available (Which isn't even the same sex), however the soul remembers the original body and attempts to 'correct' the mistake. Therefore the higher Memory the closer the body comes to the original. Because spooky mummy shit.

It's pretty classic shit and I've seen it before in a lot of things, the soul rewriting the container its in. A particular Mr. Nasu has a fondness for this.
>>
>>46514303

Taking the body of a more modern person also has the added bonus of granting the Mummy the body's memories, allowing the creature to catch up with the times faster than learning it themselves.
>>
Mage 2e when
>>
>>46514612

Two weeks, probably.
>>
>>46514689
>>46514612

But once we have it, we will have always had it.
>>
>>46514711
And then we'll have nothing to talk about because Mage will be out.
>>
So if mages truly are the best and op, why aren't they -always- the apex of a nightmare... whatever, that beast faggotry.
>>
>>46514778
Because no one has read Beast to know wth you are talking about.
>>
>>46514778
Because they aren't the most fearsome or terrifying. Usually. Mages that are that OP usually don't bother fucking around with terrorizing their enemies, they just kill them with a snap of their fingers, then summon a qt fuckboi goetic daemon or some shit to screw over the corpse.
>>
>>46514794
>Because no one has read Beast to know wth you are talking about.

That's not entirely true. Many of us have read Dave's short story in the Beast Fiction Anthology starring the mage and bastet, despite the inclusion of the Beast character.
>>
>>46514711
>But once we have it, we will have always had it.

Heh.

However, upon Dave's sealing the Omen of Mage 2e, we might cease to exist, and thus will never be able to enjoy it.

#FuckArchmages
>>
>>46514808
But do they then fuck the qt goteic demon fuckboi in the ass in some kind of bizzare self-sex?
>>
>>46514962
Yes. Yes they do.

Mages (with a week of preptime) are the fucking scariest opponents because they can basically do anything you can do but BETTER, and or just say "Fuck You" to reality, flip it the bird, and chuck exploding pineapples at you until you give up.
>>
>>46515016
>Week of preptime
That is gay as fuck, no wonder they always die so fast.
>>
>>46515077
A day means the mage could probably be off fucking an interdimensional space slut and just forget to do his spell mojo. A week means they can take a break from fucking reality in its gay ass while it begs for mercy to instead concentrate on fucking you.
>>
>>46515077

Mages are more than capable of defending themselves on the spur of the moment in most instances,

However, with sufficient planning and prep time, particularly in 1e, they can easily find you and make you wish they had just killed you.

If you attack a mage, it must be done by surprise, very quickly and with overwhelming force. This is far easier said than done, and if the mage escapes, it's best to say your fond farewells to your family and friends, for it will probably be the last thing you do. Of course, even if you successfully kill a mage, his cabal will still probably hunt you down and end you like a rabid dog.

Mages are A-list supernaturals who adversaries include gods and other reality-destroying horrors. If you're not in that league and very lucky, it's would be best to choose softer targets.
>>
File: conga.jpg (26 KB, 236x377) Image search: [Google]
conga.jpg
26 KB, 236x377
>>46505005
Sorry I'm late. You deserve better quality shit posting. Still. Work commitments.
>>
File: Congaconga.jpg (1 MB, 1575x2475) Image search: [Google]
Congaconga.jpg
1 MB, 1575x2475
>>46515251
>>
File: congacongaconga.jpg (102 KB, 318x380) Image search: [Google]
congacongaconga.jpg
102 KB, 318x380
>>46515284
>>
>>46515135

Unforgettably, "inter-dimensional gay slut ass fucking reality" costs an additional mana and adds +1 to your Paradox dice pool.

It's easier to just stick with the exploding fruit.
>>
File: congacongacongaconga.jpg (73 KB, 317x475) Image search: [Google]
congacongacongaconga.jpg
73 KB, 317x475
>>46515298
>>
File: congacongacongacongaconga.jpg (33 KB, 296x475) Image search: [Google]
congacongacongacongaconga.jpg
33 KB, 296x475
>>46515320
>>
File: Gayracula1983_10.jpg (121 KB, 848x794) Image search: [Google]
Gayracula1983_10.jpg
121 KB, 848x794
>>46504840
>>
File: 1455820206659.gif (271 KB, 400x320) Image search: [Google]
1455820206659.gif
271 KB, 400x320
>>46515299
>mage clowns with actual pineapple grenades

Fund it.
>>
>>46505139
There's a full conversion for them in the translation guide, and their disciplines.

>>46515392
Pennywise the clown would make a good tremere.
>>
>>46515392
>>mage clowns with actual pineapple grenades

It sounds like an average Free Council Assembly.
>>
>>46515462
>>46515420
>>46515392
>>46515299
This reminds me I had a concept for a nWoD mage who's a professional magician. The slight of hand kind, and he's good at it, but he never uses his actual magical abilities to do a show.
>>
So what the hell is an Old God? You've got Shadow Gods, Supernal Gods, Fallen/Bound/Exiled Gods..

But True Fae want to transcend into an Old God, or something greater than. So what's teh damn difference?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKetRcG8l9I

Okay I know he's insane, but honestly this 'story' could be a great set up for a CoD/WoD game, probably on the apocalyptic side of stories but still. Could be a part of the dreaming Apocalypse from the demon STG or just weird infrastructure.
>>
File: 1453597836342.jpg (62 KB, 555x503) Image search: [Google]
1453597836342.jpg
62 KB, 555x503
>>46515519
It's all a philosophical argument.
>>
>>46508622
Anon is unreliable. I don't trust that guy to deliver. You're way more likely to. Like the tide, you always come back.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.