[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Predicting the Future
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 207
Thread images: 22
File: 1457642995882.jpg (335 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
1457642995882.jpg
335 KB, 1280x1920
Personally, I love futurism because not only is it a fascinating topic in itself but it's also basically one big crapshoot in the end. Which in turn means it leads to fun for those who don't take it too seriously, skub for those that do (which is fun for the rest of us) and ultimately some laughs when looking back on the predictions.

This thread is therefore dedicated to discussion about the future. Serious predictions or lighthearted discussion, sociopolitical developments or scientific advances, settings that fa/tg/uys have created or played in involving the fabulous world of tomorrow; whatever. Anything involving the (potential) future(s) of humanity.

Space tits.
>>
Gigaflops will become an exchange traded commodity much like oil is today, supporting an industry of server farmers selling their processing power on the open market and governments, research organisations, financial companies and extreme immersive MMORPG companies buying them.
>>
File: kamand-map.jpg (244 KB, 825x1241) Image search: [Google]
kamand-map.jpg
244 KB, 825x1241
>>
>>46388107
>>
>>46388333
>Grossgermaniums
It's like I'm actually on /int/
>>
File: 1417127731019.jpg (45 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1417127731019.jpg
45 KB, 640x480
>>46387436
>This thread is therefore dedicated to discussion about the future.
Call me /pol/ if you want but whatever, I'm only stating the facts disconnected from any particular ideology and I'm not even going to say if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

A pet peeve of mine that always shows up is that in sci-fi scenarios that are hundreds of years into the future (both Western and Japanese in origin) there are always one or more American, French, German, British etc. etc. characters... and they're all white (usually blonde too if the Nips are designing them). I can't help but cringe because the demographics dictates that before this century is over, all these countries and a few others will be minority white. What makes sci-fi authors think white people will even exist by the year 2500, let alone lead space exploration programs and command spaceships?
>>
>>46387541

Nah, I'm betting wattage. It more or less is already - oil prices, and therefore energy prices, already form the bedrock of human civilization.
>>
>>46388617
It would less be that there would be fewer white people and more so be that we're probably just going to have a mix of everything in the distant future with genetic engineering mostly responsible for deviations from the norm.
>>
File: 1337534921063.jpg (67 KB, 682x500) Image search: [Google]
1337534921063.jpg
67 KB, 682x500
>>46388785
>more so be that we're probably just going to have a mix of everything
Europe and America are the only places that enforce "diversity" and very little of this "diversity" is exogamy. Most of it is simply the minorities outbreeding the native minority.

On top of that even if all of Europe and America were crossbreeding like mad (which they demonstrably aren't, most people stick with their own race for romantic affairs) then we still wouldn't end up with a future where everyone is the same shade of brown because literally every other continent isn't engaged in demographic suicide.

So no, we would not end up with a multicultural world where everyone looks the same and we no longer have hate and intolerance. It is just a world without white people.

In the most ironic of all ironies, the idea of some "future race" is at the same time both ethnocentric and anti-white.
>>
>>46388802
*native majority [for the time being]
>>
>>46387436
Genetically Engineered Animalgirls
>>
>>46388802
Then again, by the year 2500 we could definitely see UV protection everywhere to the point where we devolve the naturally high melanin in our skin. Especially if we're all live in spess. In spess, Ivan, if you are being hit with any of the sun's radiation you are not of getting tan, you are dead.

Hey there's an idea, SPF5x10^1mil sunblock so when you space walk you only need your atmo-mask and space debris shield.
>Workers protest their right to work in space completely naked!
>Critics say dicks and tits in 0-g are gross!
>>
>>46388802
Well shit at this point it's kind of hard NOT to call you /pol/.

Far future Star Trek like settings imply that we manage to fix our massive poverty issues, and since there's a direct tie between poverty and the amount of children people have so if you're saying Europeans are going to go extinct because of lack of babies in Star Trek like worlds you're wrong because they fixed poverty.

And for the second part once genetic engineering comes into play it will be impossible to predict WHAT phenotypes will be on display for the future human population because everyone gets designer babies.
>>
>>46388802
That kind of happened with Mexico though.
>>
File: mxfb5fz.png (431 KB, 600x431) Image search: [Google]
mxfb5fz.png
431 KB, 600x431
>>46387436

by 2116 C.E.

>People will have started to refer to Earth as "Terra" for no particular reason.
>Anime will have become real.
>Art will be short for Arthur.
>Life will basically be like the game "Second Life" with everything good and bad that implies. (i.e. scarcity will be a societal "mechanic", appearance will be a choice, terrorism will be funny)
>The only currency will be neon.
>>
>>46388855
If my knowledge of Korean plastic surgery and Chinese advertising is any guide, people are gonna want their babies to look whiter than themselves.
>>
>>46388855
>Far future Star Trek like settings imply that we manage to fix our massive poverty issues, and since there's a direct tie between poverty and the amount of children people have so if you're saying Europeans are going to go extinct because of lack of babies in Star Trek like worlds you're wrong because they fixed poverty.
Well, that's legit enough. It would still require fixing Europe's incredibly low birth rates though, considering all of its nations are below replacement rate (which is to say having enough children to replace the previous generation and ensure stability (neither growth nor shrinking). That number is 2.11 in most Western nations: 1 child to replace the father, 1 to replace the mother, 0.11 to compensate for others who may not reproduce for whatever reason). Ireland, with the highest fertility rate in all of Europe, is still at 2.0 which is barely below replacement level. So even if world poverty ends tomorrow, we'd still need to find the million dollar solution to Europe's low native fertility. And even then for some countries it might already be too late

>>46388878
Mexico never invited in the Spaniards with smiles of tolerance though.
>>
>>46388894
This. Just look at how many "blondes" out there have dark colored roots. White people might cease to be born, but they will never cease to exist.
>>
>>46388851
The lack of atmosphere will still make the workers swell up a bit though so unless they have chitinous exoskeletons even the dumbest wouldn't go out without at least SOME protection.

But skin pigments based on where you live established through pure necessity is an interesting concept though. Those with families spending most of their lives in space would end up being Vulkan levels of black, while uv protected colonists might feel some need to establish who is a spacer and who is a colonist, so they would have their skin be made much lighter.

If far future us has managed to learn nothing from human history in this setting, then we've essentially just started an entirely new form of race wars. God damn it.
>>
>>46388654
That's not really a future thing though. I use to work a few desk down from this crazy Russian physics Phd who builds pricing model for electricity options. Its mostly power hungry industries like Aluminum smelters that buy them
>>
>>46388894
It's ironic how white people now shame themselves for imposing their "standards of beauty" while in East Asian countries people willingly admit that white features are simply aesthetic. And just because they think white people look pretty doesn't even mean they actively start hating themselves and their own features. Japan is crazy for blondes but will always cherish the Yamato Nadeshiko.
>>
Humanity will stagnate because all of our society's incentives are directed toward the financial sector, real estate, and other areas that don't actually produce anything. Our species believes that these things are worth more than any scientific advancement that ever was or ever could be. Things will continue this way until we run out of the materials needed to produce the electronics that we've come to rely on, at which point we will regress to early 20th century technology until we can come up with an alternative.

Of course, it's entirely possible that we will have depleted all the easily accessible fossil fuels by that point, and without computers it will be difficult to make use of other forms of energy. So we could end up backsliding even more, maybe to 18th century technology. If that occurs, expect a massive population crash down to 18th century levels (around 1 billion) as we lose access to industrial food production and modern medicine.
>>
>>46388936
>Humanity will stagnate because all of our society's incentives are directed toward the financial sector, real estate, and other areas that don't actually produce anything.
Oh please, I hate corporatism as much as anything but do you honestly believe innovation was never driven by money? Artists and scientists alike have always appealed to whoever has the most money. This is why the great Renaissance masters mostly worked for the Church and why most advancements of the 20th century (including the internet) are military in origin. Hell, the canning of food was not invented to help poor people save their food longer, but because Napoleon requested a way to feed his troops on the go. Unless you're talking about the donations of some incredibly rich philantropists and gentleman-scientists who did science simply because they had too much time and money on their hands, progress has never been purely directed at the greater good. Any benefits for the greater good generally come about by accident.

The only real problem this scenario creates is the problem of fossil fuels, and even that has generated so much attention politicians constantly debate it. The only worrysome factor is the ability of the rich to bribe politicians (which is more related to our political system than the nature of progress, which will always be driven by money and self-interest).
>>
>>46388917
>Those with families spending most of their lives in space
Yeah, but they'd be either inside space suits or inside structures with windows tinted to block UV and such, so when would they ever be hit with anything to induce tanning? I think spacers would actually be white to the point of translucent skin, and a tan would be a mark of status; either because you can afford the energy for more than just health-tanning, or because it implies you live on a proper planet as opposed to a ship or station.

Fun fact, back in the Roman days it was fashionable to have pale skin with the veins showing because if you had no tan you clearly weren't one of those serfs working out in the field. (thinking on it, this seems incredibly wrong, but who am I to second-guess history books?)
>>
>>46388987
While your general UV radiation could be filtered with relative easy the sun is a bitch that often refuses to cooperate with radiation shielding. You can either choose to have absurdly thick walls for your space habitat, and I really mean ABSURDLY thick, or you could go with making an artificial magnetosphere to help you out. Either way if any piece of the station fails during a solar storm any extra layer of protection would be better than nothing. People wouldn't tan, they'd just alter their genes to build better defenses against the sun's rays so they don't fry when things go wrong.
>>
>>46388956
> do you honestly believe innovation was never driven by money?
It was. The problem is that the money that can be gained from actual technological innovation has been vastly outstripped by the potential profit from other sectors. People who want money now don't invent new technology. They speculate, swap, short, and so on.

I readily acknowledge that the desire for profit has driven a lot of scientific advancement. In fact, the reason I think stagnation is likely is because the desire to make the most money possible will now point people in directions other than science. Why invent when you can make a thousand times as much via financial instruments?
>>
>>46389031
Nice backtracking. Didn't take long for you to abandon your moronic blathering about "society's incentives" and what "our species believes" is "worth more."

Aside from that, it's bullshit to begin with. Nothing but the bern victim propaganda that's become popular on the left lately. Do you think people just sit on that money that they make? No, they invest it. That money does end up going to new innovations in much larger amounts than it would have otherwise. That's what the financial industry does, it magnifies wealth, and it's a damn sight more than what closet marxists like you contribute.

Newsflash, the financial sector produced the single largest expansion of wealth in human history. It's the reason why you're able to sit around shit talking the big bad 1% People think it's more important than any single invention because IT IS. The single biggest reducer of poverty in history is capitalism. The single most productive inventor in history is capitalism. End of discussion.
>>
>>46389201
>That's what the financial industry does, it magnifies wealth, and it's a damn sight more than what closet marxists like you contribute.

Crucially, and this is what the bernie bros hate, is it magnifies wealth for people who deserve it. People who work.

What libtards hate is that they don't get what they can't afford. They want things they won't work for. You want healthcare? You work for it.
>>
>>46389031
> The problem is that the money that can be gained from actual technological innovation has been vastly outstripped by the potential profit from other sectors.

Here's a thought. Instead of bitching and moaning about it, you could actually try innovating. Bam, problem solved.

But wait, that would actually require WORK, and you obviously don't want to touch that. You just want to reap the benefits of in free stuff while screaming about the evil rich people who actually try to produce things.
>>
>>46389258
> You just want to reap the benefits of in free stuff
Fucking THIS.
The left never seems to be able to get it through their heads. THERE IS NO FREE LUNCH. Giving something to an unproductive is never "free," it always requires stealing from a productive person.
>>
Look at all these history majors. These people don't deserve a future.
>>
>>46389201
/thread
>>
>>46389284
>it always requires stealing from a productive person.

Stealing is a very strong word unless you consider all taxes to be stealing.
>>
>>46389312
> wealth taken from its owner by threat of force
That is literally extortion.
>>
>>46389201

>The single most productive inventor in history is capitalism.

I dunno, the CSIRO has kicked the shit out of a lot of companies (Not every single one in the world but every single one in Australia) and it's purely government funded and doesn't even do military contracts.

They are the guys who invented Wi-Fi.
>>
>>46389322

People can immigrate if they don't like the tax rate in a country. Taxes also provide a lot of very basic infrastructure to help companies and individuals function.
>>
>>46389325

Between NASA, DARPA and the CSIRO there is a shitton of modern life that was created by the government.
>>
>>46389325
> Not every single one in the world but every single one in Australia
Yawn. Come back when they win against something other than the national equivalent of a bunch of toddlers. A single US defense contractor could make them look like cavemen.
>>
>>46389312
What is a more appropriate word for taking a person's money under threat of arrest and imprisonment in order to redistribute that money to others?
>>
>>46389325
Aussie shitposting knows no bounds.
>>
>>46389355

Alright then. Find one that's invented more parts of modern life than the CSIRO.

>Wi-Fi
>Plastic Banknotes
>Modern Contact Lenses
>Mosquito Repellent
>RAFT polymerisation
>Self-twisting yarn
>Soft Detergent.

That's just a few of them.

Are you wearing clothes and posting via Wi-Fi?
>>
>>46389331
> People can immigrate if they don't like the tax rate in a country.
And where can I go if I don't want anyone reaching into my pocket to pay for shaniqua's eleventh kid? Where's the option to not get extorted at all?

> Taxes also provide a lot of very basic infrastructure to help companies and individuals function.
They pay the salaries of government bureaucrats while private companies do the actual work. Just cut out the middle man that provides zero value add.
>>
>>46389391
Monaco.
>>
>>46389331
> Taxes also provide a lot of very basic infrastructure to help companies and individuals function.
Why should MY money go to help someone "function" if they can't be assed to get up and do some actual work themselves?
>>
>>46389378

And what do you call 'Using government property like roads, bridges, military safety and other infrastructure WITHOUT paying for them?'

That would be theft of services. Thus we get the social contract that is taxation. People pay the government and the government uses it for things that are needed for the society to work.
>>
>>46389385
> shilling this hard
Aussies. Not even once.
>>
>>46389424

That's not really an answer to my challenge to find a US defense contractor that makes them look like cavemen.
>>
>>46389420
> See, you benefit from Vinnie and me keeping away all those riff-raff, so it's only fair that you fork over 70% of the profits. Otherwise we might not be able to prevent a nasty accident from happening to you.
>>
>>46389407
There are a few things that require very long term investment in order to function well and the private sector is not terrific at that in many cases.

Of course, for every example we have of well run public infrastructure (power infrastructure in the UK was great while it was government owned and then quickly went to hell duets lack of investment following privatization) we also have examples of grossly inefficient structures being subsidized like crazy because government stagnation refuses to allow them to adapt or die (see Amtrak).
>>
>>46389440

And how would the private sector get places without roads or stay safe without police forces or a legal system that is independent of themselves?
>>
>>46389420
And "making society function" requires giving people that didn't work thousands of dollars in tax refunds when they're already getting their food, health care and housing paid for?
>>
>>46389455

Yeah, selling government assets where I'm from has provided nothing but pain for most people. It ended up more expensive in the end and didn't even provide better service.
>>
>>46389468

Wait...so you are opposed to the government giving money back if they taxed too much? As that's what a Tax Refund is. It's giving money back because too much was taken before.

Most countries also don't have taxation below a certain income threshold.

The number of people getting huge tax refunds AND qualifying for government support for food/housing must be astronomically low. That would somehow require you to have an income that is both very low AND to have had a lot of it taken away beforehand.
>>
>>46389462
> MUH ROADS
Private sector builds roads just fine. Get with the times.

> police forces
Private security. Done. Next.

> a legal system
BUAHAHAHAHA. Oh wow, you really had me going there.

Wait. You actually think that fucking LAWYERS are an example of a vital public good that justifies having a state?

Let me repeat my earlier sentiments. HAHAHAAAHA.
>>
>>46389258
But why would you innovate when the benefits of simply reinvesting your money into the financial sector and then waiting for the payout are so much greater?
>>
>>46389490
>The number of people getting huge tax refunds AND qualifying for government support for food/housing must be astronomically low.
You leftists must be really skilled at denial. That or just plain blind.
>>
>>46389510
> being this dense
> any year

Investing IS innovating.
>>
>>46389401
How big and powerful is Monaco compared to nations where people pay taxes, say, the United States?
>>
>>46389516
No it's not. It's investing. Innovating is creating new things. Investing is placing resources into something that may or may not be intended to create new things.
>>
>>46389510
> implying maximizing payout is somehow a bad thing

The left only supports profit when it is made by selling the organs of carved up infants.
>>
>>46389503
>private security
A rich oil billionaire has a larger security force because he can afford it. He moves in and your city/country is now ruled by the IS.
>>
>>46389536
Not implying that at all, just that maximizing payout on a personal level no longer tends to mean maximizing innovation.

I suspect that this is because the middle class is too large.
>>
>>46389538
> The people who work the hardest and produce the most are now in charge
> this is somehow a bad thing
>>
>>46388851
I wonder why no company has chartered one lf those 0G planes and made a 0G porno yet.
All I want is spess tits.
>>
>>46389566
You only get 25 seconds of weightlessness per parabola, can you cum and finish cumming in 25 seconds?
>>
>>46389284
Item 1: Bernie has put out his plans to fund his initiatives. Most people just ignore them though, and they do not get spread enough.
>>46389201
Item 2: Define wealth. Define money. Define value.
Money is a method of exchanging value. Value is usefulness combined with passed-down logistics. Usefulness is an indication of an item or service to allow activity, prevent/heal degradation of ability, or multiply effort. In short, money is a method of applying effort by exchanging value.
Economics of the flow of value. Volume of flow is one indicator, but what is just as important is the number of points that flow originates from and the number of points that exchange value. Then examine median volume of flow across all point-to-point flows. Also, look for pooling of flow, places where value is removed from the equation or put into a loop.

Now, your basic assumption that capitalism is the top dog without recognizing its issues (or worse, idolizing them) irks me. Especially since you refuse to even recognize the possibility that other systems could have a point. No single economic system is perfect - it always has an ideological basis. Always. Every system has its flaws and REQUIRES that it be supported by people who believe in it and don't take advantage of it (and if you claim that capitalism works only because people take advantage of each other - Newsflash, you're either a psychopath or a sociopath. Future prediction: we kill you when we get tired of your predatory behavior). Each system has its strong points, what it is best at. And we need to fucking combine them so we have enough flexibility to actually survive with an intact economy.

And now I leave this fucking thread because the Trump-fuckers are here waving their glorious bug-fucker's multiple business failures as proof of capitalism working, because it's apparently wrong to tax (aka "steal from") the rich, but it's okay to force the government to give you subsidies and grants paid for by the poor.
>>
>>46389511

Ok, can you find some examples?
>>
>>46389556

What about those people who simply inherit wealth? Do they deserve to be in charge purely due to the circumstances of their birth?
>>
>>46389556
Unstable equilibrium

>>46389588
Hoo boy
>>
>>46389588
>Bernie has put out his plans to fund his initiatives. Most people just ignore them though, and they do not get spread enough.
protip most people don't ignore them, they actively fucking fight against the thieving parasite enabling seditious marxist

you have lost
>>
>>46389524
Monaco: 2.02km^2
USA: 9.857.000km^2
The USA is ~4.879.700 times bigger than Monaco.
Assuming you meam miliatary power:
Monaco: 255 soldiers in service
USA: 1.4 million active soldiers in service in 2008
The USA has ~5.490 times more soldiers than Monaco.
I did the math, you do the thinking.
>>
>>46389503
Go live in a country with no government. Better yet live in a country with an absolutely corrupt government owned by a select few special interests, i.e. the mega-wealthy. Have fun.
>>46389556
Somewhat skewed and hard to measure. Many modern producers have external costs they never have to pay because fuck that I'm moving to a country with little to no regulation. Then there's the fact that they actively lobby for public funding whenever possible even when it's not needed.

However, go on believing in you're quaint pseudo-libertarian future. I'm sure future colonist who's very survival depends on everyone working towards the common good won't lynch the prick who decides his own personal interest is more important.
>>
I hate futurism because it's stupidly optimistic to the point where it tries to make obviously horrible things seem cool by showing us characters who completely accept them.
>>
Pol, please go. And take these leftists/righties with you.
>>
Well this thread took a disappointing turn.
>>
>>46388617
>>46388802
>Call me /pol/ if you want but whatever, I'm only stating the facts disconnected from any particular ideology and I'm not even going to say if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

This is 4chan's version of "I'm not racist, BUT..."
>>
>>46390854
>This is 4chan's version of "I'm not racist, BUT..."

I suppose we need one seeing as people on 4chan generally don'ttry to deny they're racist.
>>
Let's kick this back in the right direction.

What kind of future do you personally prefer in a setting: 1) 'Safe-tech', where massive advances in physics and engineering allow human to travel to, settle in and even build up whole nations amongst other star systems but technology doesn't change much in regards to overall society and what it means to be human or 2) Transhumanism, where technology like advanced biotech and computing/AI radically alter the human condition - so much so that it makes the digital revolution of the current generation look like switching from plastic shopping bags to paper - long before humanity can travel far from Earth.
>>
>>46393469
I prefer 3) Nostalgia, where everyone is put in a world resembling their idealized childhood.
>>
>>46388802
>Most of it is simply the minorities outbreeding the native minority.
But that's already happened to us here in the states. People with significant amount of Native blood account for less than 2% of the population.
>>
File: sigh.jpg (3 KB, 127x131) Image search: [Google]
sigh.jpg
3 KB, 127x131
>>46388617
>I can't help but cringe because the demographics dictates that before this century is over, all these countries and a few others will be minority white.

But thats a thin end of the wedge fallacy. Claiming that things will continue in this trend with no change, forever.

Also it goes against surface area to volume ratios.

It also promotes the idea of overpopulation. Which is a myth. Countries like Nigeria have a birth rate of 6 or more per woman. This is then lumped in with low birth rates in the developed world and used to justify an overpopulation theory. The only problem is; Nigeria has a high birth rate because it has a very high death rate, and most of those children will not live to 20.

It may be justifyable to say immigrants to countries like the UK have a high birth rate. But that is likely to only be initial. Western countries prefer to have fewer children which means more time is put into raising just one child. Also, you may have noticed that Europeans have populated most of the world. Canada, Australia, America etc... the declining birth-rate combined with the influx of migrants would logically then mean that all the land in these countries becomes owned by fewer and fewer whities. Untill you basically have a landed gentry situation.

It is also often said in the same arguments that Brown hair is a dominant gene and Blonde is a recessive one. But what they also fail to state due to it being inconvenient to their alarmist argument, is that Red hair is actually a dominant gene in many situations. So expect to see more red heads too. I also have not gone into detail over what seems to be an emerging trend in having a young baby that is blonde and later becomes brown haired.

So what is the conclusion?

Most of what the stormtroopers are saying is Alarmism without too much detail below the surface.

Also, its not just the birth rate which is important. You also have to look at the demographics. India is 48.5% females and 51.5% males.
>>
>>46387541
>Gigaflops
Are we talking processing power or is this still space tits?
>>
>>46389221
>it magnifies wealth for people who deserve it. People who work.

Wait, do you honestly think Donald Trump has worked a 16 hour shift at anything in his life?
>>
File: red.png (440 KB, 819x424) Image search: [Google]
red.png
440 KB, 819x424
>>46395256
To make this more relevant to the thread.

In the United States, it is estimated that 2–6% of the population has red hair.
>>
>>46387436
No one ever plays around with a Second Generation of Amish, It's not too unbelievable that people couldn't let go of the past and dedicate their lives to the 2530's instead of the current year of 3376.
Also the Idea of Humans developing tech so Chimps and Dolphins have human level sentient and the tech to keep them going.
>>
>>46390854
>This is 4chan's version of "I'm not racist, BUT..."

If your not racist your a MORON.

Yes, i said it. Only a complete MORON would not observe regional differences between peoples of the earth. And because of political correctness that has been termed RACISM.

And why did political correctness come about? Well previously you would be denied a job just because you didnt go to the same university as the hirer, or you had brown hair. So something had to be done to stop such extreme policies. And political correctness was invented. But it was too successful. With the upper classes, the elite, no longer able to be so extreme, so discriminative, they flopped to the other extreme; which is failing to notice any regional differences between people atall! Truely it is a form of tyranny to be so indiscriminate. Yes, indiscriminate being the opposite of discrimination.

Only some crazed tyrant think humanity is best when homogenised into one singular entity. I have many black friends and acquaintances and all of them agree with this in one form of another. I will also advise, that gentlemanliness and truthfulness can be found in any race, to wit, dont be indiscriminate.

Turn this into a copypasta if you want.
>>
>>46389331
>Taxes also provide a lot of very basic infrastructure to help companies and individuals function
Not really. A huge portion comes from various forms of deficit spending. The government, through loans, or just saying "the next generation will be generate this much in taxes so they can pay for it", sets a budget that they can spend, which doesn't come from current taxes (for the most part). And you know what happens when they spend all that? They raise the deficit. Taxes don't pay for that stuff, but rather the theoretical taxes the next generation is predicted to pay do.

Moreover, even if that wasn't the case, the providing of infrastructure doesn't make taxes not theft. I have no choice in the matter, it's taken from me forcibly and use to pay for things I didn't choose to pay for.
>>
>>46389503
>Private sector builds roads just fine. Get with the times
Not going to disagree with you, but it really isn't getting with the times. The first road in america was built and maintained by a private company, so this isn't something new.
>>
>>46395694

>I have no choice in the matter, it's taken from me forcibly and use to pay for things I didn't choose to pay for.

Then move to a country without taxes. The government doesn't have to allow you to stay in it's land.
>>
File: bait.jpg (3 KB, 104x104) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
3 KB, 104x104
>>46389503
>> police forces
>Private security. Done. Next.

Are you serious?
Do you think mercinaries who worship the dollar are going to get you your justice?
>>
>>46395800
>The government doesn't have to allow you to stay in it's land.
But I live on private land. What gives the government the ability to kick me off of something I own?
>>
>>46395800
>The government doesn't have to allow you to stay in it's land.

Bro, i got this.

>>46395694
>providing of infrastructure doesn't make taxes not theft

I recently had to come to terms with the same dilemma.

You see; the country can be thought of as a big gentleman's club. The money goes to paying your dues and to uphold the standards of the club. You are given freedom, but those same standards apply to you.
You can leave the club. Some do. They become expatriates, because there are no more virgin territories (except your moms basement). So you gotta ask yourself; is the grass greener on the other side?
>>
>ctrl+F "robots"
>0 results
>ctrl+F "drones"
>0 results

So there's nothing to say about them, or is it just too boring?
>>
>>46388855
>And for the second part once genetic engineering comes into play it will be impossible to predict WHAT phenotypes will be on display for the future human population because everyone gets designer babies.

This.
Suddenly. Everyone in Argentina; White.
>>
>>46393469
3) One in which I can work.
4) One in which I can hunt mutated rats and pick berries to survive, just in case bern or trump fuck up everything.
>>
>>46395944
>You see; the country can be thought of as a big gentleman's club. The money goes to paying your dues and to uphold the standards of the club. You are given freedom, but those same standards apply to you.
>You can leave the club. Some do. They become expatriates, because there are no more virgin territories (except your moms basement)
But why should I be considered a member of the club simply by living on a piece of land the "club" says it has ownership of? What goves the government the right to levy taxes on someone simply because of where they live?
Or to be more to the heart of the matter, what gives valadity to the governments claim over an area of land?
>>
>>46388617
Even in the worse case doomsday scenario for the "white race", that's not how genetics work, Anon. People don't get blended into a perfect mocha latte mix. Look at the variation in the Middle East, Arabs range from being essentially black to looking like Aryan ubermenschen. Children can end up lighter or darker skinned than their parents, though there's obviously degrees. For the most extreme examples you can look at large biracial families in the U.S. and see the gamut of phenotypes, including traits that aren't present in any living relative (because recessive genes are expressing themselves out the wazoo).
>>
>>46396244
>what gives valadity to the governments claim over an area of land?

Probably because no one has invented a way to tell them no.

You could become a mini state, by declaring governance of yourself. But they will just refuse to recognise you in the same way the US refused to recognise Palestine until Isreal was formed. In other words; you need political clout. And your not rich enough, not slimy enough and not smart enough to get that. All you have is the technicality that you /SHOULD/ be able to govern yourself, even without aforementioned smarts and dollars to get the goodwill.
>>
>>46396244
> what gives valadity to the governments claim over an area of land?
The ability to control that area of land.
>>
>>46395256
>But what they also fail to state due to it being inconvenient to their alarmist argument, is that Red hair is actually a dominant gene in many situations.
The problem is that these recessive traits practically never express themselves in black or mixed race people. And even then it's not like these traits are being overtaken by dominant traits (carriers still carry on recessive traits): it's that they're not being passed down at all, or only barely compared to the explosion of for example African and Middle Eastern traits (which are often less than desirable due to the average low IQ in the African gene pool and the heavy cosanguinity in the Arabic gene pool).

>>46396391
Again, the problem isn't race mixing because that barely happens in the first place: it's the native populations of Europe barely reproducing. Even in a country like Poland which barely has non-Western immigrants the native population growth is negative. And it's only a matter of time before Brussels offers them a "solution".
>>
>>46390854
>muh /pol/ bogeyman
Memes aside, technically >>46388617 is right. At least according to the status quo of demographic trends.

That being said, change is the only constant, and statistics don't always forecast the future.
>>
>>46388617
>>46388785
>>46388802
>>46388921
>>46393469
I would imagine the entire concept of race being rather outdated by the time we become space faring, and possibly even before that due to the inevitable transhuman transformation of the human race. In the end its going to be about what kind of body and mind you can afford for your kids and the skin color will probably be an afterthought.

Once people start colonizing other planets and environments like space or deepsea we will start to see people who aren't even truly human anymore. Then the military will start making weapon-people. Eventually non-human formats will become accepted enough to enter into the mainstream outside of the spider-human-bear warform freaks and human-like bodies will start becoming a bit dated and possibly only for the nostalgic.
>>
"racism" today is an upper-class prejudice against the lower classes, based on the antiquated idea that holding stereotypes about a large group prevents people from learning about individuals from that group easily.

Today, it manifests as IQ supremacy. Not all genetic clines have equal frequencies of high-IQ genes. Since IQ correlates strongly with life success, people who don't understand post-1990s biology think that different groups achieve differently in an equal-opportunity society because of invisible oppression, not IQ.

They refuse to admit the IQ-success link because they think that higher IQs - a natural, latent attribute - connote moral superiority.

In the upper-class positions they occupy, moral superiority is a big deal in the status-signalling game, so learning the science is socially unacceptable.

Meanwhile, lower-class people who probably never considered the science personally interact with different ethnic groups, so they observe the differences personally through inductive learning.

The upper classes then signal social supremacy by attacking the lower classes as racist for learning this and acting based on that evidence.
>>
>>46387436

Huge economic crash in 2017 followed by martial law. Eventually Europe will fall to Islam and Africa will get gangbanged by Muslims and China. America's decline will continue but nobody will fill the gap. China will annex parts of Russia if given the opportunity but civil strife will stop them from becoming any sort of superpower. Latin America will continue doing nothing.
>>
>>46388617
The present: westerners produce lots of quality science papers. Arabs and Africans...don't. Minorities in Arab/African states get South Africa'd.
The future: CRISPR enables PhD candidates to build programmable bioweapons in their garage.
Also in the future: westerners are a minority.

Put all these together, and check it out:
The Doylist interpretation: the future needs shiny gadgets because "muh scifi" and Arabs/Africans don't provide 'em.
The Watsonian interpretation: everyone in the future is white because once whites became an oppressed minority a grad student tired of getting mugged built some airborne ebola that kills all non-blondes.
>>
>>46402847
>The Watsonian interpretation: everyone in the future is white because once whites became an oppressed minority a grad student tired of getting mugged built some airborne ebola that kills all non-blondes.

This is never going to happen purely because there will be enough padding between the white enclaves and non-white majority that it will never reach that point, what we will be left with is much like South Africa; gangs wielding automatic weapons will fight for abandoned office buildings (or soon-to-be abandoned office buildings) built by white pioneers, fed by white farmers who grow rarer every day, and after raping their daily allotment of babies to cure the AIDS, go home to watch white-funded TV patented by a white guy.

And all of those white people will be living behind thick concrete walls with guards wearing body armor, the denizens of which will think "this is our fault" and continue to celebrate their Two Minutes Hate directed towards themselves before breathing in and going on with their lives.

This is the future, white people hiding behind walls and crying about how they "made the world this way" without ever realizing theirs was only one of many hands building this future.
>>
>>46395861
The government can confiscate your land any time they want.
They just have to come up with some kind of eminent domain wankery and there you go.
Your land is still their land, you're just taking care of it for them.
Like a serf.
>>
>>46396244
The fact that they can quietly come in and kill you and erase every record of you ever having existed no this land has always been government property.
>>
File: Conan3000.jpg (88 KB, 512x286) Image search: [Google]
Conan3000.jpg
88 KB, 512x286
>>46387436
Power and food will become decentralized, but the machinery, solar panels, and batteries will not.

This will lead to bunches of enclaves of communities setting up in the middle of buttfuck nowhere and telling the rest of the world to fuck off after they're decently established. Not 100% closed off, but also independent for many needs. Likely these communities will attract political extremists or cults, but also the occasional sane group that just wants to get as disconnected from the system as they can reasonably manage.

The debt of all major nations will rise and nobody will want to confront the issue. We'll all pretend it's not really happening even as all nations eventually end up with negative interest rates.

Moon mining for delicious h3 will be in full swing as power demands rise and investors begin to relax a bit more over space. Private space industry will no longer be the domain of governments and rich eccentrics, but still heavily regulated because y'know, they're ICBMs that can permafuck our orbital infrastructure capabilities if done stupidly.

One nation will dominate orbit with an orbital military base capable of raining hell on anywhere else in the world. Likely the USA as a reaction to other nations finally getting gud at space.

Increasing automation will far outpace the working person's ability to cope. Automated vehicles will entirely take over shipping yards, warehouses, and roads in climates without major snow. Layoffs will affect lawyers, drivers, office workers, and others across vast stretches of industries, sparking a renewed popularity in welfare programs or even a new, new deal type scenario. Economic hardship will also bring about unrest and unfocused civil action from many different factions. Political violence will skrocket as the internet allows for echochambers of extremists to gather and circlejerk, then meet up and do stupid bullshit to the point where it's common place.

Living in vans will become much more popular.
>>
>>46396244
>what gives valadity to the governments claim over an area of land?

The farce of a democratically elected representation backed by physical might and recognition from other groups with the same thing.

Do you not have civic/history classes where you were raised, or are you just baiting?
>>
>>46407144
democratically elected isn't a prerequisite for that
>>
File: cage1.jpg (28 KB, 403x269) Image search: [Google]
cage1.jpg
28 KB, 403x269
>>46395583
>dedicate their lives to the 2530's instead of the current year of 3376.

>mfw there are people who still take hours to cross the Orion Arm on antique warp ships rather than instantly transmitting to another system via Fargate
>>
>>46407099
>Living in vans will become much more popular

Will being by a river be a requisite?
>>
>>46389284
Annnd Rand tard detected.
>>46389201
Reagan pls
That is exactly what they do.

Trickle down is a myth
>>
>>46408468

Yeah, a myth created by Democrats. There has never been any policy anything like the trickle down meme except, ironically, the quantitative easing introduced by Obama.
>>
>>46396244
What gives validity to an individual's claim over an area of land?

I've always wondered why some people seem to have this entrenched philosophical objection to public ownership yet treat private ownership like an inviolate principle of human conduct, despite both forms of ownership having essentially the same moral problem, just at different scales.
>>
>>46387436
I hate futurism because it's often tained by neo-Malthusian ecological claptrap.
>>
>>46408636
No, you don't understand, I was born on top of this patch of dirt so I have a sacred bond to it that the gubmint is trying to break!
>>
>>46408639
Why would it not be? Our current economies are predicated on growth that'll literally be physically impossible in a few hundred years.
>>
>>46388617
So why aren't most sci-fi futures about 400 lb whales in space colonies?
>>
>>46396244
>What goves the government the right to levy taxes on someone simply because of where they live?

In theory, the government defends and provides services to the territory it represents that can't simply be opted out of.
>>
>>46387436
Roko's Basilisk will happen and either we'll be tortured forever or have to toil under an oppressive super AI god.
Otherwise, Roko's Reverse Basilisk will happen and we're still fucked.
>>
>>46408709
Again, neo-Malthusian claptrap. That conclusion assumes that our current supplies of resources will remain the same, that they're the only ones to exist on the planet, that alternatives will not be developed, and that it's somehow noble to deprive billions of people of the same standard of living as we currently have in the United States.
>>
>>46408776
The fucked part is alternatives have been developed but are being pushed back by companies who want to keep their monopolies on their respective industries.
>>
>>46408636
>What gives validity to an individual's claim over an area of land?
It depends.

>despite both forms of ownership having essentially the same moral problem, just at different scales.

No, it's not the same at all. Private ownership is the basis for individual economic wealth and independence. Private ownership also creates a connection with the land that doesn't exist between citizens and public land.

>This is an anecdotal story.
In my hometown, there are large swathes of undeveloped private land. They aren't undeveloped for lack of trying; the owners have been trying to build homes on that land for decades. The problem is their neighbors.

These neighbors demand that the landowners be "good neighbors" and not develop their land. They bitch about how getting one home built is really a Trojan Horse to building 4 homes, or 8 homes, or 12 homes. And that's evil, because the green space belongs to EVERYONE in the neighborhood. Never mind that it's covered in noxious and poisonous weeds which survive the long dry season as yellowed husks, is home to dozens of invasive vermin species, provides a haven for criminal waste dumping, and catches fire every other decade because these neighbors oppose even regular maintenance of the land as being pat of a conspiracy to develop it and sue in court to stop it. They do this by claiming these activities would increase the risks of landslides or are an unbearable noise nuisance; the tactics vary depending on the location.

This, in a city where the rent for an average studio apartment is $1200/month if it's less than 15 years old, $900/month if it's older. This in a city where the average 3 bedroom single-family home is $850,000. This, in a city where these "neighborhood associations" try to force the homeowner to sell the land to large public land banks in order to keep the land "green."

Public lands, especially in urban and rural settings, are a net negative.
>>
>>46408829
That's not fucked. That's natural human instinct. The stupid part is that these entrepreneurs and inventors aren't able to do anything because it's actually the government stopping them. This is why government regulations are cancer; they are so easy to abuse.
>>
>>46408776
>cornucopians
>>
>>46408859
>It depends.
That's not an answer at all.
>Private ownership is the basis for individual economic wealth and independence.
Isn't that kind of a meaningless tautology? The same could be said of public ownership being the basis for public economic wealth and national economic independence.
>Private ownership also creates a connection with the land that doesn't exist between citizens and public land.
And indeed public ownership creates a different connection with the land that doesn't exist between private individuals and private land.
>anecdote
Landowners protecting the values of their homes is to be expected, and while it would seem in this particular example that that authority to stabilize housing prices at such a high level has been taken much too far, that does not implicitly condone the entire removal of community development policing. New development is not always good development, no matter how much you may handwave the consequences. Dirty development can cause a local housing crisis, lower rent can bring in higher crime which can drive away local economic powerhouses like high tech industry, commercial development can cause traffic pattern shifts which affect marginal efficiency of transportation public and private and disrupt property value due to noise pollution.

It's just not so simple to say these neighborhood associations should hold no public authority. The actions of individual developers can have far reaching negative externalies, a problem unrestricted free markets are notoriously poor at solving. Sure, in this case I'd probably agree that the neighborhood associations have too much power and need to be reeled in so the housing market can adjust itself to a more reasonable level, but this one example is not an effective argument to abolish public land management entirely.
>>
>>46408776
Anon, it's literally not possible. Assuming current trends of global energy consumption (around 1.5% annual growth rate), the amount of energy consumed by human society will exceed the amount of solar energy hitting this Earth in 600 years. It'll exceed the amount of energy emitted from the Sun in around 2100 years.

Einstein wasn't joking when he said compound interest was the most powerful force in the Universe. These are not sustainable growth rates, anon. Shit IS going to slow down eventually.
>>
>>46408776
>If I say that it's Malthusian and he's known for being a cunt, then somehow science will science up raw resources in the future

>There's totally a dichotomy to being concerned about our current economical model and literally trying to deprive billions. It's one or the other and we shouldn't bother even exploring the concept if resource management.
>>
Growing radicalisation and xenophobia will result in a war in no more than 30 years.
After that anything is possible.
>>
>>46409709
>Assuming current trends of global energy consumption (around 1.5% annual growth rate), the amount of energy consumed by human society will exceed the amount of solar energy hitting this Earth in 600 years.

>Humans are limited by solar energy output.
>Humans will need ever-increasing amounts of energy for, what?
>>
>>46387436
Whatever our future may hold, I pray that there will be more cute redheads with nice tits.
>>
>>46409802
Without that, there is no future.
>>
>>46408870
>evil gubbiment
>they are evil because I say so
>because there are "regulations" that make the common man unable to compete with corporations
>not the fact that corporations have orders of magnitude more money and are basically impossible to control
You're a sheep defending lions, my friend, and you need class consciousness real quick.
>>
>>46409782
Once you reach interstellar travel, the energy requirements required to cross the vastness of space in a reasonable timeframe (>1000s of years) grows to the point of absurdity. Makes the figures I whipped up look small. In essence, humans ARE limited by the Sun's energy output until we find a cheat to bypass the huge energy costs of crossing astronomical distances.

And that's the point, doofus, our society is predicated on this exponential growth rate and if it doesn't change in the future, shit's going to get pretty dire. There ARE limited resources and society will NEED a new paradigm other than to physically expand as fast as possible.
>>
>>46408584
David Stockman, Reagan's budget director, flat out admitted that what Reagan called "supply-side economics" was the same as trickle-down economics, they just called it something different because it was easier to sell "supply-side economics" to the American people. The policy itself is ultimately the same. Tax breaks and government handouts for the wealthy, on the assumption that the wealthy having more wealth will then create economic growth for the whole country.

So no, the myth of trickle-down wasn't created by democrats, they were just the ones willing to call it by its name.
>>
>>46410033
I'm interested in reading about this, got a link?
>>
>>46410033
>Tax breaks and government handouts for the wealthy, on the assumption that the wealthy having more wealth will then create economic growth for the whole country.
And they were right. The 1980s saw new wealth created on a level never before seen in human history. It's hailed in economics as a modern miracle. Not that you dims would know anything about economics. Supply side economics worked. Deal with it.
>>
Nationstates collapse, anarcho-capitalism becomes the norm, citizenship becomes something one buys.
>>
>>46410033
> David Stockman
A nobody who ran his mouth to the MSM for five minutes of fame and dims built up to try to discredit supply side economics when it proved them laughably wrong.
>>
>>46410058
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/1981/12/the-education-of-david-stockman/305760/
>>
File: Expansion-Distr.jpg (48 KB, 775x562) Image search: [Google]
Expansion-Distr.jpg
48 KB, 775x562
>>46410066
Show statistics, because it's bullshit.
>>
>>46410116
> the atlantic
> laughingwhores.jpg
>>
>>46410123
Shhhh that' a bad word for him. Don't hurt his virgin ears.
>>
>>46410123
In fairness they said new wealth, not anything about it's distribution.
They still seem to be wrong in the american context as far as I can tell though.
http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-states/gdp-growth
They might be talking about the growth in Asia and Africa but it seems a little unfair to give Reagan credit for that.
>>
>>46409886
Again, your premises are flawed in the extreme. This is the problem with Malthusians; everything is limited so we'll eventually run out, and at our current rate and assuming we never find any alternatives we will run out in 10 years. If we don't, well shit, we're going to run out anyway so we better stop now while we're ahead.

Electricity is a limited resource, and at the rate we're consuming it we're going to run out of electricity in just 400 years. So we better shape up now!

Cellphones are a limited resource, and at the rate they're being adopted every human being on the planet will have a cell phone in 5 years. So better not invest in telecom stocks!

Bananas only grow on banana trees, and we're seeing massive die-off of banana trees in Guatemala because of the Guatemalan Banana Lichen. At the rate we're losing bananas, bananas will be extinct in 25 days. We must conserve our bananas for the monkey population of the world.
>>
>>46410123
So basically this is saying that raises and bonuses went mostly to the "wealthy" classes from 1975 onward, right around the time of the first tech bubble and continuing through the hi-tech bubbles while manufacturing, agriculture, and mining sectors all declined thanks to environmentalist and union policies that made America totally uncompetitive in a globalist marketplace.
>>
>>46410271

You know, it's kinda funny when people talk about unions making America non-compedative. A lot of other countries that are big, economically, have unions.

Australia has large agriculture and mining sectors and they still have unions. Quite powerful ones.
>>
>>46410266
>Electricity is a limited resource, and at the rate we're consuming it we're going to run out of electricity in just 400 years. So we better shape up now!
Isn't nuclear energy an almost unlimited source of energy though, especially with the research into making nuclear "waste" profitable again?
>>
>>46410307
>big, economically, have unions.
>Australia
Their big economic boom is predicated on how much easier it is for them to export minerals to China and India than it is for more distant countries, which has left them reeling from the commodity crash. As for agriculture, again, they're basically the biggest supplier for most of the Asia-Pacific region.
>>
>>46410271
There are competitive western nations with both unions and environmental protections that outstrip those of the United States. US unions are a joke, they essentially only exist in the public sector. Blaming them for a lack of competitiveness is equally ridiculous. If you're going to try to find a scapegoat to blame for a grand failing, it's better to look for one that wasn't comatose when the fuck up occurred.

The fact is that trying to go head to head with nations like China and India is just plain stupid. More than a million people die every year in India from the poor air quality. The number is more than 1.5 million per year in China. Getting into a "who can debase themselves for industry more" contest with nations like that is a losing strategy. Moreover, it's not a contest you want to win. What good is a little bit more money in your pocket when the very air you breathe kills you before you can spend it?
>>
>>46410346

Yes and the person I was replying to was talking about unions making countries noncompetitive globally.
>>
File: margaret-thatcher.jpg (309 KB, 1600x1527) Image search: [Google]
margaret-thatcher.jpg
309 KB, 1600x1527
>>46410307
>A lot of other countries that are big, economically, have unions.

And sometimes they get out of hand.
>>
>>46410384

Hey, careful. This is a blue board! That isn't safe for Miners!
>>
>>46410364
> 1 million in India
> 1.5 million in China
Less than 0.1% of the population in those countries. And likely those are just the old, sick, weak, and generally worthless unproductives. Why should I give up on being able to support me and mine just so that a lazy old nog doesn't have to cough as much?
>>
File: rf sam neill.jpg (15 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
rf sam neill.jpg
15 KB, 250x250
>>46410388
>>
File: sensible chuckle.gif (992 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
sensible chuckle.gif
992 KB, 250x250
>>46410388
>>
>>46410388
Well this thread wasn't a waste of time after all.
>>
>>46390854
Except he's actually telling the truth. More or less. Europe isn't very "diverse", but America is, according to its own metrics. In Europe, "Hispanic" isn't a race. That's just a slightly darker shade of white.

But there DOES exist a political push for mass immigration, and it has existed for four decades. Before that, Europe was nearly 100% white. White people are an acceptable target in politics, and you can't turn around without knocking into a leftist going on about how white people need to disappear. I've known these people. They don't just exist on the internet. And then you get shit like one of the heroes of the EU having openly professed that he wants to turn Europe into some hybrid European-African race, so they can be ruled better by the (white) elite. Does that sound massively racist? Well, it is. But there's still a prestigious award named after this fucker, and Merkel was its most recent recipient.

So yeah, it might not happen, but there are definitely powerful people who make it no secret that they WANT it to happen. And plenty of non-powerful people.

But on-topic, I think people stick to modern demographics in fiction in order to not offend anyone, or because demographics aren't their point. When you introduce Sven from Sweden, and he's a mulatto, and so are all other Swedes, you're setting yourself up for a shitstorm either way.
>>
>>46410527
>And then you get shit like one of the heroes of the EU having openly professed that he wants to turn Europe into some hybrid European-African race, so they can be ruled better by the (white) elite.

At that point why don't you just have Scramble for Africa 2.0? It's the best way to have the largest amount of arabs and blacks ruled by a white minority. Leftists can't do anything right, I swear.

>But there's still a prestigious award named after this fucker, and Merkel was its most recent recipient.

After Rome, the Hapsburgs, then WWI and WWII, is it really surprising that the Germans are once again out to ruin Europe?
>>
My group was talking just today about how old editions of traveller insisted that emails would take up several tonnes of cargo in your ship due to how predictions of computer sizes increasing since the days it was first made. It's a funny detail to look back on, and I can't help but wonder what similar oversights will be scoffed at in today's sci-fi settings.
>>
>>46410743
Well before aircraft really took off, if you looked in sci-fi books back then they were imagining how war would be fought in the sky and it was full of huge flying dreadnoughts with rows of helicopter blades lumbering about trying to fire board sides and cross each other's T.

I imagine in the future when space warfare actually happen we would look back at things like Star Wars and think how quaint it is, the same way we look back at those early sci-fi about air combat.
>>
Y'all niggas are blind to the most important aspect of the future: the Anthropocene. We're going into a radically different geological era where extreme temperatures and natural disasters are commonplace, water and food are scarce, and the oceans flood coasts all over the world.

The only reference I've seen to this environment itt are about those darn environmentalist and their market-distorting regulations. Y'all fuckers are gonna have a bad time in this new world. Global capitalism ain't gonna survive the end of oil coupled with climate change. This ain't your grandpa's future. We Mad Max soon.
>>
>>46410779
To be fair colonies on Venus would pretty much be exact replicas of our old visions of air travel, only real.
>>
>>46410932
This is the stupidest and dumbest view of the future people have today.
>>
>>46410379
The unions aren't what make them economically viable. They succeeded in spite of their unions because of the global market conditions. Now they'll fail because they can't adapt to them. All they're allowed to do is play around with their debt repayment plans, rather than actually cutting dead jobs and excess people.
>>
>>46410986

Actually, a job being non-existent/not having enough positions for all employees is Just Cause for termination. That's very much a reason you can get rid of people.
>>
File: BreakYourChains.png (97 KB, 173x258) Image search: [Google]
BreakYourChains.png
97 KB, 173x258
>>46410986
>>46411034

I've done plenty of Union work and I can say it's a lot better than non-union work. The Union will stand up for you when some Guild bastard starts leaning on you for a bribe or when they try to claim your mine because they want to take your soulstone find!.
>>
>>46411126
>Guild tries to start shit
>Union sends a Paladin of the Common Man to set them straight

I love my union.
>>
>>46411345
Who's the guild in that scenario? The upper management?
>>
>>46410392
It says something about the state of western politics that I can't tell if a guy using the same rhetorical style as a captain planet villain is being serious or not.
>>
>>46410779

Well, technically we already know that stuff like Star Wars is grossly inaccurate, but I suppose people will look back with amusement at our more 'realistic' hard sci-fi.

Plot twist: Hard sci-fi was wrong and space combat actually does end up working just like 20th century naval and atmospheric combat.
>>
>>46401397
>what is brazil?
>>
What's the most likely to happen; a new ice age (glacial period) or the ice caps melting and drowning a good portion of earth's coastline?
>>
>>46415300
From what I've heard, the second one. If the gulf stream stops it'll only be a regional glaciation right? Most of the world will still get much hotter.
>>
>>46415300

The latter. Global warming tends to have a feedback loop effect where the warmer the Earth gets, the more trapped carbon is released from melting ice thus making the world even warmer.
>>
>>46387436
>settings that fa/tg/uys have created

>I have one that I've been working on for years
>tfw it's probably faulty/shoddy and relies on certain setting/requirements to even be operable
>can't post anyway because away from laptop at home
May I?
>>
>>46415715

Go ahead. You can give the gist if you don't have the specifics on front of you.
>>
>>46410266
Electricity and cellphones and bananas are all things we manufacture out of natural resources, numbnuts. Obviously we can just make more of those.
>>
>>46416321
No, you can't. Because those natural resources will run out in just a few decades. We've already hit peak oil, which we use for plastics and power, and peak silicon. And bananas are themselves just natural resources that are being consumed by mankind, monkeys, and a bunch of parasitic diseases that are wiping them out. We are at Peak Banana right now.
>>
>>46415670
Except it's not carbon that's being released by global warming. It's much more potent and effective heat trappers like methane. Carbon Dioxide is only significant because scientists say there's so much of it in the air it's having a warming effect, and they don't believe other greenhouse gasses are as significant because the quantities of those that remain in the atmosphere long-term are small, whereas carbon dioxide is continually replenished by living beings.
>>
>>46410527
>And then you get shit like one of the heroes of the EU having openly professed that he wants to turn Europe into some hybrid European-African race, so they can be ruled better by the (white) elite. Does that sound massively racist? Well, it is. But there's still a prestigious award named after this fucker, and Merkel was its most recent recipient.
Don't tell me this is actually true.
>>
>>46416874
Of course it isn't, you're on 4chan. If you believe the shit you read here then you must be really gullible.
In other words:
Random message generator > shit your racist uncle says > fox news > 4chan
>>
>>46418418
>shit your racist uncle says below a random message generator
I'm so happy to live in THE CURRENT YEAR
>>
File: 6vScT.jpg (137 KB, 717x880) Image search: [Google]
6vScT.jpg
137 KB, 717x880
>>46390854
>muh waycism

I'd excuse this if he weren't right faggot.
>>
File: 1418822301614.jpg (61 KB, 500x329) Image search: [Google]
1418822301614.jpg
61 KB, 500x329
>>46388883
>C.E.

Sad I already used my "gb2reddit" meme todya
>>
Do machines just not matter in the future?
>>
>>46419083
We may not have the energy to make them run.
But assuming Bill Gates succeeds in bringing us his "energy miracle", then they'll matter a lot. IAs making decisions and controlling huge chunks of the economy, robots taking most of the jobs. Military drones everywhere. Yup.
>>
>>46389201
>hedge funds
>lower tax then most middle-class families
>literally investing in stocks and other things, which is just legalized gambling at this point with better odds
>huge sums of money that are used to milk continually for a 'spending sum'
>taxes have been steadily devalued over the years for the rich, making it less interesting to invest for the sake of wealth then simply having it

:^) okay
>>
>>46389587
>can you cum and finish cumming in 25 seconds?
yes
>>
File: 1458584176159.png (1 MB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
1458584176159.png
1 MB, 1000x563
>>46389588
>Berniebots
>>
>>46402847
>Impractical. The more people who can create WMDs, the greater the chances that at least one of them will use their creations.

In the 1940s only two countries could manage the atom bomb. These days a lot of countries can manage it. There's a good chance at least one non-state organization got their hands on one at some point. And as the progress of technology increases, it's going to take less and less effort to construct something equally powerful because all of us have more and more power at our fingertips with each passing day. That's going to be a problem once that kind of power is available to individuals, because even if only one person in a million is crazy enough to destroy a city, by having two million people in your city you're practically dooming it to extinction.

So humanity spreads out. Sticking together too closely is too unsafe, too many eggs in one basket. People live in small settlements or just in their spaceships, buzzing around in a kind of loose cloud. Maybe there's even an alien species that's in the same boat and the two clouds encounter each other and just kind of merge Venn style because there's not much to fight over and no real answers to the big problem that's keeping everyone loose.
>>
>>46419162
I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
>>
>>46420363
Eh don't listen to me, I'm just being pessimistic. In the cornucopia scenario, we'll have sexbots and space travel too!
>>
>>46395677
lel I'll keep enjoying my fruitful relationship with my mixed race girlfriend.
I'm jewish, french, american. And from morrocan descent.

>2027
>not being part of the cosmopolitan elite
It's like you don't want to enjoy life.
>>
>>46395861
>private property
Spotted the koulak
>>
File: Democracy.jpg (65 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Democracy.jpg
65 KB, 250x250
>>46388617
>demographics

History indicates that those few tribes which now form the nations of the Anglosphere are better at everything than all of the rest combined. Naturally, those at the shallow end of the gene pool moan today that the truth is UNFAIR! But even if everyone can't be as smart and good-looking as the people who gave this planet a Free World to hate, so what?

THE FUTURE: I hate white people as much as the next guy, but you'll all just have to get used to schools, hospitals, broadband and written language or your backward 'culture' will be absorbed by the dominants and no one will lament your passing.
>>
>>46421916
Not anon but honestly, no one is saying that you can't have mixed race, or that people are only defined by their race, or that people of a certain race are inherently inferior to others. However, it'll be stupid to suggest that people don't identify along racial/ethnic lines predominantly and aren't affected/show loyalty to them. So go ahead and enjoy your mixed race with your mixed race girlfriend.

Although
>>>Cosmopolitan elite.
I hope you die in a fire. Your 'cosmopolitan elite' is a self-destructive phenomenon that only exists because of the sweat and blood of western white society building up over several hundred years. Multiculturalism and PC culture are tearing your society apart; I'm not even white, I'm Chinese, and seeing western society self-destruct because of mentalities like yours feels so wasteful.
>>
>>46387436
>This thread is therefore dedicated to discussion about the future. Serious predictions or lighthearted discussion, sociopolitical developments or scientific advances, settings that fa/tg/uys have created or played in involving the fabulous world of tomorrow; whatever

So hey, if there's any interest, I can talk about our ongoing /tg/ project of SPACE!. That is, our gm slash engineer-nerd's ongoing 'lets spreadsheet the shit out of worldbuilding the future off of the hard-er science of today, and play around in a political-social-economic driven sandbox game of it'.

We're also recruiting, if there's interest in being awesome in the fusion age, and tooling around with a haggard grizzled cruiser captain and some space russians that have ended up under his command, and a blond media war-reporter who outdoes them all.
>>
File: future.jpg (107 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
future.jpg
107 KB, 800x600
Industrial civilization will mostly collapse this century with the rich living in luxurious ass arcologies surrounded y the poor in shitty neighborhoods , the world is gonna look like Paolo Bacigalupi's The Water Knife
>>
>>46423064
>I'm Chinese
That's literally racism. You're not "Chinese" because Chinese isn't a race. You're Asian.
>>
>>46418418
It is true. Welcome to the world of 20th Century eugenics, which was super popular among leading intellectuals and politicians of the day.
>>
>>46407099
this is the first relatively reasonable idea I've seen so far.
>>
>>46395677
>>46390854
>This is Empire's version of "I'm not heretic, BUT..."

If your not racist your a HERETIC.

Yes, i said it. Only a complete HERETIC would not observe regional differences between creatures of the universe. And because of political correctness that has been termed HERSEY.

And why did political correctness come about? Well previously you would be denied a job just because you like to praise the void, or you had brown hair. So something had to be done to stop such extreme policies. And political correctness was invented. But it was too successful. With the upper class, the spess maroons, no longer able to be so extreme, so discriminative, they flopped to the other extreme; which is failing to notice any regional differences between races at all! Truly it is a form of hearsay to be so indiscriminate. Yes, indiscriminate being the opposite of discrimination.

Only some crazed Tau thinks the universe is best when homogenised into one singular entity. I have many ork friends and acquaintances and all of them agree with this in one form of another. I will also advise, that gentlemanliness and truthfulness can be found in any race, to wit, don't say hearsay.

Turn me into a fine red mist if you want!
>>
File: walking junk.jpg (70 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
walking junk.jpg
70 KB, 600x480
>>46396018
Really, what is there to say? Drone armies have four functions. Political hair-splitting as to if it's really declaring war if it's only killbots rather than human soldiers, kickbacks/bribes by drone manufacturers and it's easier for the public to accept video related than if it was a human soldier getting stoned.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUFqt_Ks0LU
>>
>>46424729

I'm interested. Go on.
Thread replies: 207
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.