[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /tg/, it's been a few years since I've come here
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 24
File: Macha BAWWWW.png (29 KB, 434x605) Image search: [Google]
Macha BAWWWW.png
29 KB, 434x605
Hey /tg/, it's been a few years since I've come here and I wanted to see if anything's changed.

When I left:

> RubyQuest had just died off, but was still easy enough to reference
> Touhoufags were killing the board, egged on by the popularity of MaidRPG
> MaidRPG polarised the board, and the threads generally devolved into people accusing everyone of being eRPers and forcing their fetishes into games
> Macha still hadn't gotten laid
> LIVII was dead
> 40K players believed they owned these boards
> 3.5 was still system of choice
> WFRP 2nd Ed was considered a player-killer

What's changed in my absence? What's new, and what plagues the boards now?
>>
>>46083712

Well lurking the fuck moar hasn't changed. So get to it.
>>
>>46083712

It's all just SJWs, Dungeon World, and quest/ERP threads now.

Everyone keeps to their generals, gamefinder is basically dead.
>>
>>46083712
>Macha still hadn't gotten laid
This much hasn't changed.
>>
>>46083740

Familiar

>>46083746

... what the hell is Dungeon World?

>>46083751

Is she still talked about?

Oh, and is Wolf Cunt still head of the Space Wolves?
>>
>>46083712
>Macha still hasn't got laid.

Yeah there was a couple fics that dealt with her devirgining and LCB stuff in general that blew up into an weekend smut thread with loads of written and some drawn lewd of various quality for like 2 years before shitposters basically won and filled the threads so much with trolling that the mods couldn't do individual bans and had to get rid of the threads which is why said smutposters moved to /d/.
>>
>>46083751
Well except for the ton of average to mediocre smutfics about Macha getting laid.

And a fair bit of LIVII and Taldeer dickings too.

But I'm guessing that's not part of your headcanon.
>>
File: 1449016100447.jpg (149 KB, 967x826) Image search: [Google]
1449016100447.jpg
149 KB, 967x826
>>46083712
>> 40K players believed they owned these boards
Still true

> RubyQuest had just died off, but was still easy enough to reference
> Touhoufags were killing the board, egged on by the popularity of MaidRPG
> MaidRPG polarised the board

Never heard of RubyQuest, Maid Quest is just an amusing novelty, Touhou fags are gone

> threads generally devolved into people accusing everyone of being eRPers and forcing their fetishes into games

Eternally true

> Macha still hadn't gotten laid
> LIVII was dead

Not sure when LIVII died, so guess thats not true. Macha being the ever virgin is still a meme but not one really banged on.

> 3.5 was still system of choice

It's still the system of choice for bitching about? It will always be what people mean when they talk about D&D without specifying an edition. That being said, seems like it's not that popular to play

> WFRP 2nd Ed was considered a player-killer
Isn't high lethality the point of warhammer?

Also >metathreads
>>
File: Loli-Krieg.png (198 KB, 1600x1844) Image search: [Google]
Loli-Krieg.png
198 KB, 1600x1844
>>46083853

Huh. So a cleanse of smut happened, but left behind the trolls.

Sounds about right.
>>
>>46083917
Catgirls are now canon thanks to the Felinids
>>
>>46083841

You remember Vince Baker, cringemaster game designer and forge pretensionmaster extraordinaire?

He made a game that was "Narrative game, but using D&D stats to trick plebs" that was incredibly popular that was a hack of a "Gays having sex in the postapocalypse" game.
>>
>>46083891

Interesting. At least the Touhoufags are gone. An enlightening primer.

Also, does anyone even play the new Warhammer? When Fantasy went roundbase, I died a fair bit inside.
>>
>>46083917
To be fair it was a really long 2 years and is still technically up in /d/ and now occasionally /aco/.

Also they've never stopped. The 1d4chan page '/tg/s smut index' has a stuuuupid amount of fics and a fair bit of pics too. Check it out...for historical documentation.
>>
>>46083712
nowadays the biggest plague on the board is a general negative attitude.

After the success of getting "elf wat do" threads removed, EVERYONE is trying to declare something or other the new plague on the board, which has really damaged conversation.

40k is the new plague, quests are the new plague, generals are the new plague, card games are the new plague, everyone has a bone to pick with everyone else.
>>
>>46083947

How anime do the canon furry minis look?

>>46083948

Gross.

>>46083967

Interesting, will indeed check it out. For historical documentation, of course.
>>
>>46084018

Well, with the banning of a fair chunk of shitposting, I can see how our surly community would just attack each other. The 'universal targets' removed, who else is there to abuse?
>>
>>46084018
>nowadays the biggest plague on the board is a general negative attitude.
Been here every day since 2007. This is absolutely true.
>>
>>46084019
Ironically the whole idea of making a smut archives was in case the threads got nuked and as a place where the content creators could deposit and sort out their fics with ease.

Hell you can search it for fetishes or characters and its organized by author too.
>>
>>46084129
I think it might be time to purge those archives, so that the smutfags finally give up hope and stop trying to worm their off-topic chatter back here.
You can be a smutfag and post on /tg/, but you need to post /tg/ on /tg/, not /d/ on /tg/. It seems like that lesson still hasn't been learned, so we might as well just wipe their stuff from 1d4chan, along with replacing it with a banner that just says "ABANDON ALL HOPE, YE WHO CONTINUE TO TRY TO BREAK THE RULES."
>>
>>46083891
>Macha being the ever virgin is still a meme but not one really banged on.

exactly.
>>
File: GTFO1380696119535.gif (1 MB, 400x219) Image search: [Google]
GTFO1380696119535.gif
1 MB, 400x219
>>46084282
Dude, you've already driven off the smut crowd, you can stop with the mentally unhinged shitposting now.
>>
>>46083751
Except for all the erotic fanfiction of self-inserts banging Macha silly
>>
>>46084019
There are no canon furry minis, besides the SWs, and the Felinids have been around longer than I've been into the hobby. So, at least before 5th.
>>
>>46084789
They're still here, they just lost their generals. There are still plenty of "have you bullied your healer today" type bullshit threads around.
>>
>>46083712
>Annoying, but mercifully brief plague of "Excuse me" Warhammer nitpick threads
>Quest threads are even more prevalent than before, and the increase in quantity has brought a sharp drop in quality
>TwoDee's Shadowrun Storytime reached its conclusion
>Loads of fetish threads, and fetish shitposters (such as a namefag called NiceDaemonette)
>>
>>46084789
No one wants to "drive anyone off".
Everyone just wants less shitposting.
And smutposting is just another way of saying /d/-flavored shitposting.

It's clear the Smut crowd haven't actually left /tg/, and that's fine as long as they want to post about traditional games. The only issue comes from when they start spamming retarded "magical realm" threads in hopes of somehow using that as a bridge to get their smut threads back here.
>>
We got some interesting quests since you last came.

Civilization games (controlling a civ rather than a character) go in and out of fashion, with cyclops civ being the last big one, and the same QM (name of cyclopsOP) is running a 'just this side of /d/toolewd' homunculus civ quest every Saturday.

We got like... Two or three people running semi regular 'skirmish quests' where 10-30 separate players all control a single unit in a fire emblem style game, gotta keep an eye out for them.
>>
>>46083712
You missed the rise and fall of Jim Profit II: Autistic Boogaloo, virtualoptim. Have his permaban thread.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/42780325/#p42780693
>>
>>46084999
>Bridge
Nigger they are already off the fucking site. And if they want /tg/ related smut they just go off site.

You need to calm down, its pretty clear how you feel about /tg/ OC, and I'm gonna guess you are one of those vindictive trolls that basically had to outshitpost the smut thread, ruining your point.

Given the fact that they are still around on other parts of 4chan and here.
>>
>>46084999

You're paranoid as all hell

Take a chill pill
>>
>>46085071
If we're going to bring up civ style quests I feel like Hive Queen Quest should get an honorable mention. It was huge before it went on haitus, easily one of the highest trafficked on the board. I can't think of any other quest on the archives which every single thread got 20+ ratings, outside of a few /a/ imports. There's also Death Among the Stars Quest which uses a similar format and is currently running.
>>
>>46084282
>>46084999
No one made you the king of /tg/ dude, and the only reason the smut threads went down is because of the shitposters attacking it and to quit their rule breaking. The threads were doing just fine for 2 years before that.
>>
>>46085296
RIP, one of the best quests ever written. The QM could've made it a book.
>>
Why is Touhoufag being gone a good thing?
>>
>>46084983
>Quest threads are even more prevalent than before
Lies. Quests are dying.
>>
>>46085487
If only. They are in a lull right now but wait till summer and they'll go back up their 30 threads/night heights.
>>
>>46083948
>He made a game
Vincent Baker had nothing to do with DW other than creating Apocalypse World.
>>
>>46085268
You might be right, and there's no longer any of those idiots who are so headfucked that they don't even recognize when they're breaking the rules with off-topic-

Oh, wait.
>>46085313

It's one of those guys who still has hopes of bringing the ERP/Smut Threads back here. Looks like they never learn.
>>
File: 1453625337370.jpg (53 KB, 400x266) Image search: [Google]
1453625337370.jpg
53 KB, 400x266
>>46085335
HE WILL RETURN
IT IS WRITTEN
>>
>>46085519
Also right now there are 26 threads that fall under the aegis of collective games, 14 quests, 4 Civs, 3 Builders, and 5 CYOA threads.
>>
>>46083712
>> 40K players believed they owned these boards
Believed, nothing...
>>
>>46085574
You are an overt liar. I count 9 quests, 2 civs, 1 CYOA, with one of those quests on the cusp of falling off the board.
>>
File: 1402785626683.jpg (148 KB, 953x534) Image search: [Google]
1402785626683.jpg
148 KB, 953x534
>>46085555
Of all the myriad of retarded and hypocritical arguments you used to argue for a purge of any and all smut, saying that they're off topic was objectively the most cancerous. /tg/ wouldn't be /tg/ if off topic posting wasn't allowed here.
>>
File: Filters.jpg (178 KB, 403x882) Image search: [Google]
Filters.jpg
178 KB, 403x882
>>46085658
Am I, that is what my filter is pulling up.
>>
>>46085694
moot himself said /a/ was the best board.
>>
File: Not lying.jpg (87 KB, 394x644) Image search: [Google]
Not lying.jpg
87 KB, 394x644
>>46085697
oops wrong one.
>>
File: 094702374.jpg (7 KB, 299x169) Image search: [Google]
094702374.jpg
7 KB, 299x169
>>46085697
>>
>>46085729
>Weekend smut
>Weekend lewd
>/wst/
I'm not saying you're pulling up an old captcha to back you're flawed argument with yet more bullshit, but that's exactly what I'm saying.
>>
>>46083712
Here what happened so far.

>Quest threads everywhere
>Touhou fags dead for good
>Macha is Macha
>LCB has been continued
>40k players getting told to go get their own containment board
>/tg/ is our containment board retort
>Age of Sigmarines still considered bad
>WHFB fags cried and moaned for several months
>>
>>46083917
>So a cleanse of smut happened

Hopefully they will do the same for quests at some point.
>>
>>46085815
Never going to happen, enjoy your dead board when that happens. Only thing people will post in is generals.
>>
>>46085769
I'd post a full screen but you'd just yell shooped, so I won't bother.
>>
>>46085694
A little off-topic is fine. Too much, and problems arise. What you fail to comprehend is a sense of "balance."

An eternal general dedicated to off-topic chatter isn't exactly conducive to anything except being disruptive, obnoxious, and setting a bad precedent. This is all largely self-evident, and explaining this to you is largely a formality, since you should already know and understand this.

If you really want to go to your "paradise" where off-topic chatter is embraced, you can relocate yourself to /b/, /r9k/, /s4s/, /trash/, or any of those other "we don't need any other boards" boards.
>>
>filtering /tg/
Truly the worst thing to have ever happened.
These people should be forced to see the things they don't like until they leave.
>>
>>46085694
/tg/ was never the best board precisely because of fags like you.
>>
>>46085770
>>LCB has been continued
Lies.
>>
>>46085883
The autism is staggering, if they don't like seeing certain things why are they here and not on Reddit?
>>
>>46085889
>denying history
>blaming everything on everyone else
>>
>>46085915
False historians need not be heeded.
>>
>>46085883
Yes, because going through "Magical Butler Waifu Quest part MCCXVIII - In which we get sempai to notice us" and its ilk is the most important thing to enjoying /tg/.
>>
>>46085889
So...why do you come here? Just to shitpost?
>>
>>46085927
Well, I want to at least point out he's a shit for saying /tg/ was never the best.
At least according to moot, at one point, we were.
>>
>>46083712
>Rubyquest IS dead, however in its wake it left a bunch of copy cats, much like how there were infinite copycats of Epic Fail Guy way back in the day. Quest threads have about hte same amount of shittiness and twice the presence.
>Touhoufags were banned. Including THE touhoufag who was a tranny.
>Nobody really brings up Macha anymore.
>Don't remember this one
>40k players got pushed into a couple of stray threads inbetween the quest nonsense
>5e is new system of choice. Pathfinder is still kind of talked about from people still hanging-onto the old days and because all of the pantheon is waifus
>Games like that aren't really talked about

Things that you've missed:
>Game threads, in order to survive the sea of quests pushing them off, now form clustered generals which are 80% shit even if you like the game.
>SJWs have infected Table Top gaming through indie "fiction first" RPGs which have low amounts of rules to facilitate "safe" story-telling experiences where it's actually frowned upon for you to make a player feel bad by hurting their character without the express written consent of the table
>Magic the Gathering fans are the new 40k guys who think they own the board.
>Anything not relegated to a general thread or a quest/MtG thread is guaranteed to be thinly veiled Magical Realm world building threads, even though the ERP thread got banned to /soc/

Miss anything, guys?
>>
>>46085904
It was, it consisted by at least 4 threads with anons discussing on where to go next, but was quickly forgotten about just like everything else on /tg/ this days just like;
>Day lords
>Yu-gi-orc
>tower girls

Also based shoggy wrote more "All Guardsmen Party".
>>
>>46085954
Ironic, coming from the guy championing offtopic shitposting.
>>
>>46085971
you missed the advent of people calling literally everything magical realm.
>>
>>46085974
If it wasn't the original author, then it was just some fag trying to make a name for himself.
>>
>>46085979
Pray tell, how do you define shitposting friend?
>>
>>46085770
>/tg/ is our containment board retort

I really hate it when the 40kids say that, or go through the whole "/tg/ was made because of 40k" myth. They really have no proof outside of exaggerating how important they thought WW were, and all signs point to
it being just Moot's way of getting all the non-video-game game threads onto their own board. It's called /tg/ after all, and not /40k/ or /GW/.
It wouldn't be such an issue if it wasn't that they try to use the whole "TG WAS MADE FOR 40K" to excuse themselves whenever they're acting obnoxious and doing lame things like spamming primarch and other pointless threads that might as well be tossed inside the 40k general.
>>
>>46085313
>"Dude smut is dead"
>a bit scrolling
> DRAWTHREAD: SLUTTY MUTANTS EDITION
>>
>>46086065
That's clearly a joke, especially since there's essentially no slutty pictures delivered in that thread.
>>
File: World of Guardsmen.png (586 KB, 1089x2066) Image search: [Google]
World of Guardsmen.png
586 KB, 1089x2066
>>46085871
Oh I fully agree that everything must be in moderation, and having an excess of off topic posting is a bad thing.

It's just that this board in particular is renowned for turning shit threads into gold, and this argument is used heavily by people trying to purge particular topics they don't like and telling other people what they're doing is wrong.

Emblematic of the downhill turn this board has taken as of late, really.
>>
File: 519.jpg (17 KB, 290x350) Image search: [Google]
519.jpg
17 KB, 290x350
>>46085555
>It's one of those guys who still has hopes of bringing the ERP/Smut Threads back here. Looks like they never learn.

You said it yourself they are still active and still are on this board maintaining a presence. And the funny part is the threads are just in a friendlier board with easy access. And since the majority of this board tends to occasionally drift to lewd from time to time...well it comes up in a whole lot of threads.

And you can't do shit about it, because all offending content has always been off site and for you to shut down the "smutfags" would mean you would have to shitpost half the threads on /tg/ because they offended your narrow standards.

Which is why you aren't and never will be a mod, so you can tone down the smugness and stop bragging about your constant ban evasion.

But whatever, ultimately no harm done. So maybe I am overreacting. But still...do try not to start shitposting this thread though, no need for an internet outburst as it were.
>>
>>46085729
you fags with filters are as bad as the tumblrites with trigger words.

If you don't like thing don't engage thing. No one forces you to go in to a thread.
>>
>>46084913
All written by Macha of course.
>>
>>46086150
The problem is when people try and force the shitty thread into gold by intentionally posting shitty threads. It leads to unfunny shit like the Rape Factory.
>>
>>46085971
>>skeletons have infected Table Top gaming through indie "fiction first" RPGs which have low amounts of rules to facilitate "safe" story-telling experiences where it's actually frowned upon for you to make a player feel bad by hurting their character without the express written consent of the table
Do you actually believe what you're typing? Holy shit man.
>>
>>46086150
If you consider that screencap "gold", consider all your opinions disregarded.

More importantly, when people try to spin a shit thread into anything else, all they end up doing is bumping it and adding to its post count, further encouraging the shitposter to make more of those threads. The only right move is to ignore those threads, and spend your energy on making actually decent threads into gold.
Go in the archive, arrange the threads by reply count, and take a look at all the great threads that got less than 10 replies, all because they had to compete against half the board being covered in generals, alongside shit threads that idiots like you bump because you make the mistake in thinking you're discouraging the troll by giving him all the attention that he's craving in the first place.
>>
>>46086204
That's probably the biggest problem here. This board certainly can turn shit threads into gold, but trying to actively make it happen is completely missing the point.
>>
File: 552px-Tg_logo.png (202 KB, 552x600) Image search: [Google]
552px-Tg_logo.png
202 KB, 552x600
>>46083712
1. Age of Sigmar.
+++Comment Redacted+++

2. Games workshop, "We believe our customers buy models to paint, not games to play or books to read."

3. All of the Quest Threads

4. /tg/ won the 4cc 2015 Winter Cup
http://implyingrigged.info/wiki//tg/
Main page has videos if you want to watch Doomrider consume all the cocaine that Creed's Tactical Genius can manage.

5. CCG was invented but has not yet subsumed the economies of the major industrialized nations to it's service.

6. All Guardsmen Party is awesome.
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/All_Guardsmen_Party
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-iH5zt0w7Y
>>
>>46086221
It all comes down to a matter of taste, I suppose. People such as yourself have your own interests, and regard anything outside of them shit for failing to gain your attention. Just out of curiosity, what do you consider decent or gold in a thread? I genuinely can't understand why anyone would spend any time on a board they think is entirely shit.
>>
>>46085838
Actually I think I believe you, you sound like the type of guy to filter just about everything under the sun. Post that full screen.
>>
>>46083853
You're wrong: WST was shitposting from the start. It was never anything but shitposting.
>>
File: 1336683284883.jpg (344 KB, 1250x883) Image search: [Google]
1336683284883.jpg
344 KB, 1250x883
>>46083957
Yup, Touhou is gone
Replaced by magical girls
>>
>>46086405
>all of this asshurt for no reason.
You really should stop whining.
>>
>>46086365
If look at my filters it is pretty much all variants of collective games with a side of smut threads. Pretty much all the specifics are ones that slip through the cracks by not following the normal naming conventions. My thread filters are pretty much all questfag trips that consistently forget to put quest in their subject line, as I occasionally browse the front page, old style.
>>
>>46084018
Sorry but play by post forum games are a plague on /tg/. They aren't really relevant, they're completely autismal, they don't contribute to actual discussion of the hobby (which is what 4chan is primarily for, inb4 you shitpost otherwise) and drive actual discussion down the board. Generals are okay because they do the exact opposite - contain similar discussions to make room for others and keep all the people knowledgeable about a given subject in one place.
>>
>>46083891
>Macha being the ever virgin is still a meme but not one really banged on.

It's also no longer canon

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/The_Final_Saga_of_Macha_the_Ever-Virgin:_Extra_Large_Heresy
>>
>>46086462
>>46086468
I wish I had a second autism speaks picture.

Christ Alive you people are worse than questfags ever will be.
>>
>>46085883
It's a chore to wade through all that autistic shit to get to the increasingly rare good threads.
>>
File: LO1409547062775.gif (3 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
LO1409547062775.gif
3 MB, 400x225
>>46086462
So you are literally admitting that filter almost the entirety of /tg/ when browsing it. I fucking knew it.
>>
>>46086177
>maintaining a presence.

This is the problem. The smut crew often post just to try and exaggerate their presence on this board.
A little smut and lewdness is normal, but it's no secret that there's people here with a clear agenda. People like yourself, who hope to make statements like "And since the majority of this board tends to occasionally drift to lewd from time to time" unchallenged. The whole "/tg/ is /d/-lite" movement is the reason why people got upset, and it's often very obvious when people are just trying to push an agenda.

Before you talk about paranoia, it's been admitted by multiple individuals, and it's otherwise obvious. The Smut people like the speed of this board and the reputation it has as one of the less shitty boards. They have tried multiple times to bring back the ERP/Smut threads, under new monikers like Magical Realm threads etc.. They would much prefer being here than /d/, because /d/ is filled with creepy people who do nothing but discuss their fetishes all day. What they fail to realize is that their dislike for the /d/enizens is how the majority of /tg/ sees them, because they are really nothing more than misplaced /d/enizens who think they are somehow special and different from the rest.

Is /tg/ lewd? Apparently, only at its worst. Many of the most cringe-inducing, mindless threads are either "Let's try to clean up this fetish so I can insert it into my game without people realizing" threads, or just straight up blatant "Let's talk about my fetish" threads. These are the threads that are hardly anything to be proud of, and are barely tolerated.
I would like for lewdness to be a little like it was in the past, where a person could make a quick, flippant lewd joke without attracting any lewdites who felt the compulsion to derail the thread into a debate about their fetishes. It's this unhealthy exaggerated form of lewdness that is hardly amusing and rather tiring.
>>
>>46086559
>>implying quest threads are almost the entirety of /tg/

What are card, board, mini, and other sundry games then?

Questfags everyone.
>>
>>46086462
>>46086468
>>46086601

Autists everyone
>>
Instead of "elf slave wat do" we now have at least one "female knight wat do" thread per day.

And G*D help you if you don't like quests, there's a guy running around with an "autism speaks" image and he's not afraid to use it.
>>
>>46083712
Did you miss moot basically leaving us for google?
>>
>>46086625
Miss the O there buddy?
>>
>>46086571
>Is /tg/ lewd? Apparently, only at its worst. Many of the most cringe-inducing, mindless threads are either "Let's try to clean up this fetish so I can insert it into my game without people realizing" threads, or just straight up blatant "Let's talk about my fetish" threads. These are the threads that are hardly anything to be proud of, and are barely tolerated.

Which is why concentrating it to 2 or 3 threads a weekend is a little more preferable then just having lewd derails in all of the threads discussing more serious topics. You seem to have forgotten the whole point of a quarantine thread that moves so much of its material off site is that it acts as a valve to let folks blow off steam and keep their fetish thoughts or whatever SOMEWHERE ELSE other then /tg/.
>>
>>46086571
How long are you going to keep up your one man crusade to force your tastes on this entire board? /tg/ has always been lewd, and it is far worse off for attempts to force it to be anything else. Jesus Christ, just let it go already.
>>
>>46086675
/pol/, /trash/, and /s4s/ proves that containment as a policy does not work for 4chan as a whole, let alone a topic on a board that the majority doesn't want to discuss.
>>
File: 1393383709616.jpg (68 KB, 576x440) Image search: [Google]
1393383709616.jpg
68 KB, 576x440
>>46086675
>>implying the lewdites stayed to their containment threads.
>>
>>46086468
You are 100% proving his point that shits declaring things against /tg/ are the true plague on /tg/.
>>
>>46086724
You clearly have no idea what happens when any of those boards go down.
>>
>>46086724
/trash/, /s4s/, and /b/ should be combined into a new board called /b/.
>>
>>46086730
>implying everyone on /tg/ isn't inherently lewd.
>>
>>46086675
No.
No, none of that "Purge" mentality bullshit. It was a stupid movie, and you're an idiot for thinking along those lines.

Even so, if they need to purge, there's an entire board for that. Call it a quarantine board if you want. In fact, with the addition of /trash/, there's now two entire quarantine boards they can take their overwhelming need to talk about their fetishes.
Look, this is hardly a new idea. Every time the mods have permitted a "Lewd General" on /tg/, the same thing has happened. Marked increase in lewd shitposting (not just lewd posting, specifically lewd shitposting), and the General eventually turning into a repetitive circle-jerk of /d/ discussion. Calling it a "release valve" is hardly correct, when it's better being called a "home base" or "spawning pit" or simply "malignant tumor."
>>
>>46085729
>>46085697
Jesus christ, I didn't realize we had people this awful on /tg/.
>>
>>46086794
>implying /tg/ has at any point not been 100% lewd
The only time it wasn't was the nazimod days. Which is probably where we picked up all the neo-protestants.
>>
>>46086730
>Implying lewd posting was ever not a frequent element of regular threads
Those rose tinted glasses seem to be restricting blood flow to your brain anon. Lewdness just got much worse after you destroyed /wst/.
>>
>>46086722
>/tg/ has always been lewd

Only the worst parts. Remember Thulsa Doom threads?
>>
>>46086804
And people say questfags are the problem.
>>
>>46086756
They spill their shit everywhere. I was there when moot took down /pol/ the first time.
I still argue that with heavier moderation, all that shitposting would have died down eventually.
>>
>>46086830
It's always been the people that can't stand seeing threads they don't like that ruin everything for everyone.
>>
>>46086804
In this grimdark future, there is only autism.
>>
>>46086838
>>46086844
Amen brothers, a-fucking-men
>>
>>46085729
>>46085697
>filtering setting builders and worldbuilding
Holy shit
>>
Hero Builders and Nation Builders are just quest threads under a different name. Especially when they get up above 15 or so threads.
>>
>>46086826
> Lewdness just got much worse after you destroyed /wst/.

Hardly. At best, that can be explained by the Lewdites being upset and hoping to spam their way back onto this board. It tends to come in waves, where the board reaches a sort of stasis where any lewd comments are at least remotely on topic, and then for a few days the lewdites get uppity before being shouted down and told to shut up and stick to either their thread in /soc/, in /d/, or the one's that occasionally get made in /b/.

I don't really understand what their end goal is. Do they just want the mods to eventually move a Lewd General to every other board? Because, going by the track record, that's a far more believable outcome than the idea of a /d/ general being tolerated on /tg/.
>>
>>46086828
I will admit I don't. Why were they so bad?
>>
>>46086890
>being this persnickety
>filtering setting builders, worldbuilders, and everything the fuck else
holy shit
>>
File: Dat Macha Edit.gif (3 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Dat Macha Edit.gif
3 MB, 480x360
>>46083712
>guy was gone 'a few years'
>references quests
>realise how fucking old of an oldfag I am
>realise how little of my home board I actually read

holy shit, Is this how one becomes an adult? You become a father and stop browsing /tg/ at work?
>>
>>46086890
>filtering world and setting builders
>filtering at all
This disgusts me.
>>
>>46086890
At that point just go to fucking reddit, close-mindedness is actually appreciated there.
>>
>>46086910
>>46086935
whoops, I accidentally samefagged. 4chan might be eating my posts.
>>
>>46086907
They were just light porn threads that started with a picture of Thulsa Doom and a demand for porn. Then all the porn was posted with the text "Bitches for Thulsa Doom."

The first time it happened it was kinda funny, mostly because the OP stayed in character and commented about the women. Then it got ran into the ground.
>>
>>46086930
Man quests showed up almost immediately after /tg/ was formed and have been here for almost the entire time.
It always makes me grumpy how shit changed after the nazimod days and everyone forgot how things used to be.
>>
>>46086907
Allow me to describe them to you.

Person posts a picture of Thulsa Doom, the villain from the first Conan movie played by James Earl Jones, alongside the phrase "BITCHES FOR THULSA DOOM!"
This would then be followed by him, and potentially other people, posting pictures of naked women, or women scantily clad but with the appropriate parts exposed.

Now, tell me, do you understand what's wrong with that kind of thread, aside from it being on a work-safe board?
>>
>>46086959
>>46086975
Honestly they sound preferable to metathreads and metabitching.
A lot more fun for sure.
>>
>>46086998
If you think so, then please, make your way over to /s/. It's literally a single click away.
>>
>>46086998
A metathread is like a release valve, they keep it from spewing in all the other threads.
>>
>>46087020
thankfully, there are more threads on /tg/ than metathreads.
>>46087026
People who post because they hate things are different than people who post because they like things.
People who post because they hate things insist on making sure everyone knows it.
>>
>>46086975
>Now, tell me, do you understand what's wrong with that kind of thread, aside from it being on a work-safe board?
I really don't. What about the occasional cheesecake thread that triggers you so?

This is something I have real difficulty understanding. We've always had threads like that, and there is little demand apart from a vocal minority to stop that. Why do you lot insist on changing the way things have always been, when most of the board disagrees with you and your shitposting is clearly making things as whole worse? Is a single or a couple of threads out of over 100 really worth trashing this board for?
>>
>less than 10% of the board appeals to my taste
>read thread
>people are outraged that less than 50% of the board is taken up by a thing they don't like
Oh my god you are the worst people
>>
>>46087041
How do you even come up with that logic?

>People who post because they hate things are different than people who post because they like things.
They're really one and the same. They're offering their opinions, and they want their opinions to be heard. You really think that the people who like things don't want people to see their posts? If that were the case, they simply wouldn't make them.

If anything, the people who make threads about liking a topic are seeking far more attention than people who criticize that topic, because the latter group didn't make a thread on a public forum.
>>
>>46087121
>this is about having opinions and wanting to be heard!
This is the difference.
It is about having a discussion you enjoy. Not some kind of goddamn political dissertation.
>>
>>46087082
>I really don't.

So, you're an idiot.
That's the bottom line. I am no longer talking to you, I am forced to talk about you, to use you as an example for other people to point at and to say "Look, it's a rulebreaking idiot who doesn't even understand why Thulsa Doom threads were a bannable offense as early as the first month that the guy started posting them."

>We've always had threads like that
Yes, we have had off-topic shitposts forever. And they've always been a bannable offense.

An occasional off-topic thread is fine, especially if it's original and exciting and it's made with the intention of sparking traditional games discussion. But, repeated off-topic threads are hardly that, especially when the first thread devolved into off-topic chatter, as did the second, as did the third. When people are making threads and only paying lip-service to traditional games, breaking the spirit of the rules while pretending to adhere to the letter of the law, they are obnoxiously saying "my personal interests are so important, I can spam them wherever I like."

You think the problem is just one thread, but it's not just one thread. And it's not just one type of off-topic shitposting. Without the rules in place, and everyone acting under your assumption that people should be free to post whatever they like, we end up losing a traditional games board and simply adding another /b/, which isn't fair to the people who come here to discuss traditional games.
You apparently need this explained to you. You think that this is some new change, rather than the same rules that have always been there.
And that makes you an idiot.
>>
>>46083712
RubyQuest got a sequel. Both are done, nobody talks about them anymore. I don't think NanQuest was as good, but still, its weaver.
>http://mozai.com/quests/NanQuest/

Oh! The Chapter Master game. Don't know if you remember hearing about it, but it's a thing.
>https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Chapter_Master_%28game%29
>>
>>46087286
>it's rule breaking that's why it's bad!
If you thought that was the case, you wouldn't be participating in meta-discussions.
>>
>>46087154
You want a hugbox rather than to hear honest opinions then. You are afraid of opinions that you don't share, and scared of any confrontation that might force you to perform any sort of self-examination.

What you want is Reddit. Seriously. You go to the subreddit of the topic of your choice, fall into the hugbox, and enjoy a calm, happy reassurance that your tastes are not to be challenged by anyone.
>>
>>46087315
>you want a hugbox
No, these people want a hugbox.
>>46085729
>>46085697
You must have missed your post.
>>
>>46087309
Do you not understand why the rule exists? I thought I just explained it to you. How did you miss it? Are you just that genuinely stupid?

Read the post again.
>>
>>46087315
You seemed to have ignored the people who want to make /tg/ and actual hugbox where anything that offends them is banned.

This>>46087337
>>
>>46087344
Sorry, rule-breaking-anon. I was under the impression if you cared about rules, you wouldn't be breaking them.
>>
>>46087337
I don't think you understand what a hugbox is.
>>
>>46087344
If you care so much about rules why are you posting in a meta thread?
>>
>>46087366
>I don't want to see ANY THREADS but the kind I want!
That's almost a definitional hugbox.
>>
>>46087359
Please, stop trying to deflect the issue. I assume it's because you've run out of options.
>>
>>46087388
>It's okay for ME to break rules, but nobody else!
Whatever you say, rulebreaking anon.
>>
>>46087315
>I don't want to talk about things and have enjoyable conversations
>instead, I want to tell people to stop liking things they like
>Anyone who disagrees with my opinion should go to reddit
>>
File: trollhalla.jpg (935 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
trollhalla.jpg
935 KB, 1000x1000
>>
>>46086209
Having seen it first hand with a group that shows up at my FLGS every tuesday, along with tables at my local conventions employing x-cards?

Yes. Yes I do believe every word of it.
>>
>>46087372
Because it's not about the rules for the sake of the rules, it's about being able to discuss traditional games. Yes, I'm making an exception right now, because if I didn't, you would continue with your moronic devotion to shitposting.
>>
>>46087315
>Faggot literally postsReddit ideology
>Thinks he's being clever

I can't believe this shit.
>>
File: 1441609252849.gif (3 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1441609252849.gif
3 MB, 400x225
>>46087425
>Yes, I'm making an exception right now, because if I didn't, you would continue with your moronic devotion to shitposting.

Hahahahahahaha
>>
File: 1389586897153.jpg (72 KB, 520x853) Image search: [Google]
1389586897153.jpg
72 KB, 520x853
>>46087286
>Yes, we have had off-topic shitposts forever. And they've always been a bannable offense.
Wat.

>>46087388
>Being this autistic
I literally do not know whether to laugh or put my face in my hands and cry.
>>
>>46087425
If you cared about traditional games discussion, you would follow the anti-meta-discussion rule.
Because people meta-bitching about what belongs here and what doesn't is as big if not bigger a shitpost topic than lewd, even in traditionally /tg/ related topics like 40k.
>>
>>46087480
Go with laugh, I've been enjoying it
>>
File: tumblr_nuk93nfYHI1u0r0dgo1_500.jpg (68 KB, 500x433) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nuk93nfYHI1u0r0dgo1_500.jpg
68 KB, 500x433
>>46087484
>Because people meta-bitching about what belongs here and what doesn't is as big if not bigger a shitpost topic than lewd, even in traditionally /tg/ related topics like 40k.

Congrats. You've successfully managed to fall into this line of logic.
>>
>>46087528
>boo hoo, people are complaining that I am complaining too much
>how DARE they complain about my complaints
>>
>>46087528
>bringing tumblr pictures in
>bringing up sjw bogeyman in unrelated topic
>arguing his shitposting is the acceptable exception
Anon, you have to see how awful you are being.
>>
If a thread is interesting it has a right to live. If people find something interesting, they will talk about it. If you want them to talk about it somewhere else, don't come across as an ass. By making a fool of yourself, you strengthen their position by making them look good in comparison.

I shall now attack your person even more directly: rules-lawyering is a poor trait in a tabletop gamer. It makes the game less of a game and more of a chore. You are not one I would relish sharing a table with.

Finally, it's 4chan. It's almost all crap, but cries of "off topic" will only make things worse. Please quietly leave a report, and leave the people be.

In short: you're shouting to the wrong people.
>>
>>46084018
It hurts how prophetic this was for how the thread went.
>>
>>46087563
Please, don't try to deflect the point. It's quite a poor tactic, especially when you do so in a hypocritical "anti-sjw-boogeyman" manner.

And, the point, ladies and gentleman in the crowd, is that complaining about someone complaining about shitposting is hardly a stance to take when hoping to defend off-topic shitposting.
>>
File: Macha in High School.jpg (535 KB, 763x795) Image search: [Google]
Macha in High School.jpg
535 KB, 763x795
>>46083712

Quests are still here and they aren't going anywhere.

Touhoufags are all but extinct.

Macha jokes are occasional but nowhere near where they used to be.

Most non-Quest non-general threads are about 40k, MtG, and Alignment sperging.

We've had consistent "Drawthreads" for quite some time. They vary in post quality and creative output.

A man-sized perineum called virtualoptim shat around here for awhile. He got banned and now we don't really talk about him.

Every now and then we get a thinly-veiled attempt at smutthreads. Usually along the lines of "hay sup teeg so let's make a setting. The catch? you gotta make it your Magical Realm without anyone knowing"

Denizens of the board are completely paranoid of internet moonbats taking over our D&D. Apparently SJWs have turned tabletop gaming into some kind of propaganda machine.

/tg/ers continue the proud tradition of saying "I don't like thing!" while continuing to do thing.
>>
>>46087619
>you're defending off topic shitposting!
If you'd pay attention, he is actually telling you that you are a shit for off topic shitposting.
And that your off topic shitposts are as bad, if not worse, than other people's off topic shitosts.
>>
>>46087528
Are you even listening to yourself anymore? Try going back and reading your posts, only assume you were arguing the opposite point.
>>
>>46087613
It's how every single thread like this goes. Shit this one wasn't even a bitching thread.
>>
>>46087641
It still hurts, man.
How do these people not see themselves?
>>
>>46087597
>If a thread is interesting it has a right to live. If people find something interesting, they will talk about it

There are a hundred threads on /d/ right now, all with people discussing those topics. Over ten thousand threads appear and disappear on /b/ each day. The idea that "if people will discuss it, it belongs on that board" is faulty for that reason, because people are willing to discuss anything, regardless of whether it's on the appropriate board or not.
>>
>>46087667
Similarly, the idea that it is legitimate to complain that something should not be on the board is also faulty, as people will complain over anything, whether it is board appropriate or not.
>>
>>46087649
I really wish the mods would step up and start publicly banning these people, they are just incapable of seeing how awful they're being and refuse to stop. They're almost as bad as virt without a trip, only with meta posts about /tg/ instead of elf girls and Dungeon World.
>>
It is your right to not like so and so and to filter threads.

You have no right coming into a thread and telling people what to like/do though, if you don't like it either report/hide the thread and leave or just leave.

By replying to the shitposters you become yourself a shitposter, doesn't matter if it is to point the rules on what is a bannable offense or anything else.

You are not a janitor or a mod, you are a shitposter. Just like everyone of us who are having this debate on shitpost.
>>
>>46087649
Because people like pushing their agendas given the slightest excuse to. Some people cannot stand that other people have different interests then them.
>>
>>46087697
>>46087691
I think that's my biggest problem with that kind of people.
This is about pushing their agenda to them. Not about playing or talking about traditional games.
>>
>>46087715
Exactly. I wasn't the biggest fan of /wst/ but the way these autists drove them off, and the arguments they used to justify doing so was nothing but detrimental to /tg/ as a whole. As this thread demonstrates brilliantly.
>>
One of my few favorite kind of threads, the Draw Your Party threads, are now heretical for some god forsaken reason.

/tg/ never fails to disappoint.
>>
>>46087798
Yeah, that's why I hate the "not muh board" folks.
You can't even have a goddamn draw your party thread.
>>
>>46087694
This is the logic of a shitposter who is out of options.

You can't defend your shitposting, so your only hope is to say "please, don't complain about my shitposting, or you'll be just as bad!"
Please, try to defend your shitposting. Go on. I can defend mine, quite easily even, because it's helping to educate shitposters like yourself. It's a harsh sacrifice, but one I'm willing to make, woe is me, but considering that it's far better to calmly and rationally explain to you what's going to happen so when it does you don't make the same mistake again, it's somewhat necessary.

Why do you persist in this cycle? You shitpost, people tell you to cool it, you shitpost harder, people complain more, your shitposting escalates, and suddenly it's no longer the nice, patient folk, but the hoards of ticked off people who run you out with pitchforks and torches. You seem to think that when people complain, they're doing it by accident.

You might not believe it, but I'm rather tolerant of shitposting. I browse 4chan. But, I also know when idiots are going down a particular route, as I've seen it happen several times before. It can all be avoided by just not shitposting in the first place, but since you seem convinced that your personal brand of shitposting isn't shitposting, it seems like you're just going to have to learn the hard way, and the hard way is finding out that crying "please don't complain about my shitposting" is a fast track for making things even worse.
>>
>>46087697
>Because people like pushing their agendas given the slightest excuse to.

Oh god, you don't even see yourselves anymore.
>>
File: 1441741320885.gif (3 MB, 298x224) Image search: [Google]
1441741320885.gif
3 MB, 298x224
>>46087836
You... You can't be serious
>>
File: 1408737934529.jpg (16 KB, 480x293) Image search: [Google]
1408737934529.jpg
16 KB, 480x293
>>46087715
>>46087791
It's rather hypocritical, really. Flooding online image threads with vitriol is in no way related to table-top games. Of course, as >>46087836 says, I make a hypocrite of myself by feeding the fire.
Still, feeding the trolls can be good for the occasional lark. THIS, for example, is hilarious.
As thanks for the laugh, have a present.
>>
>>46087860
I think they're aware.
I for one, dislike the people who started pushing agendas in the first place for bringing politics to a holy place like /tg/.
It's not democrats or republicans, but by pushing an agenda as to what can be on here, you are by necessity forcing people to have the opposite agenda if they don't want you running roughshod. Which means EVERYONE has to be at least as loud as the most vocal minority or else they get their way.
>>
>>46083712

Nazimods.
>>
>>46087836
>don't complain about shitposting
Technically, it's "don't shitpost that things shouldn't be on /tg/".
Since you do that about literally every topic.
>>
>>46086405
Troll detected >>>/out/
Inb4 stop liking what u don't like
>>
>>46087836
At first I started typing out a long winded and eloquent argument as to why you are wrong and your assertions flawed.

Then I realized what I was doing and stopped.
>>
>>46088054
godspeed.
>>
>>46088054
You basically started to go for the "shitposts harder" step.
>>
>>46088086
I dunno, I don't think you can get much more shitposty than the kind of shit he was responding to.
He dodged a bullet by not writing out another huge shitpost.
>>
>>46088101
Right into the shitpost harder step. Congrats.
>>
>>46088054
Oh, the times i felt that particular feel.
You suddenly stop.
Your facial expression softens, for even it wasn't necessarily an angry one, your jaw was still awfully stiff.
You pull your hands away from the keyboard.
You feel a metaphorical weight being lifted from your shoulders and your wrists.
You then, finally, feel a mix of regret and relief.
>>
>>46088111
>to disengage and stop the shitpost cycle is shitposting harder
>>
File: Curious is the trapmaker's art.png (147 KB, 553x585) Image search: [Google]
Curious is the trapmaker's art.png
147 KB, 553x585
>>46087836
You're being a white knight trying to win the lady.

The lady in this case is 4chan, the slaggiest slut there ever was, or will be and she doesn't want your dick.

It is not your job to educate shitposters, it's a mod's. You are not a mod, maybe if you gargle on Hiro's cum for long enough he'll grant you mod privilege but until then...
>>
>>46088111
I'm confused, are you saying I should've replied to him?
>>
>>46088138
Alas, I know that feel not, for I have seen this anon before and know he will return and devote himself to shitting all over this board in the future.

I wish he would get a trip or name so I could at least call him out.
>>
I believe that more than any other board, /tg/ has become a victim of its own reputation. All those screencaps of Sir Bearington and the like float around, giving people the impression that /tg/ is a lot more exciting than it really is.

When it's not a Magic or general thread It always feels like people are trying way too hard here to make the next epic screencap.
>>
>>46087649
Self-reflection is hard enough for normal people in normal, face to face situations. Get a bunch of autistic neckbeards responding to nameless, faceless, endless lines of text on a screen and we might as well be a nation of Phineas Gages.
>>
>>46088142
Really, let's not play pretend. Replying in that manner isn't dropping the issue.

I understand you like cute games, but replying with "I'm not going to reply to you" is still a reply.
Want to really take the high road? Actually ignore it, instead of pretending that you had some great post or following it up with "no, really, it just wasn't worth replying to."

Let me put that as the final line. If you reply beyond this point, the game ends, with your loss. Just actually ignore it.
>>
>>46088275
>there are not multiple people in this discussion
so we've gotten to THAT stage
>>
>>46088225
/tg/ has become the new /v/ when /v/ turned to shit.
/tg/ will turn to shit at some point and a new board will take the mantle. /m/, maybe.
>>
>>46088328
This

Mods need to ban the "not muh board" crowd
>>
>>46088353
They really do.
>>
>>46088379
>>46088353
they generally already do, from what I've seen, given the thread deletions.
Last mootchat said it was against the policy to publically ban people most times unless it's like, a SUPER huge deal.
>>
>>46088353
I love Saint Seiya, I asked once a long time ago about the armors, they can give their power to their weaver or shut themselves down if he turned to be lame. I've got booted of /a/ because this topic wasn't /a/, I went to /m/ and asked there and got booted because the armor wasn't a mech and the "spirit" of the armor wasn't something man made, thus not /m/.
Went to /tg/ because yeah, that sounded like an machine spirit or a daemon and got told to bring that shit to /a/ because it wasn't /tg/.

A few of the answers I got where quite nice and had a lot in common with the other boards.
>>
>>46088353
More likely, everyone else will get forced out first, and /tg/ will end up being nothing but people accusing each other of talking about things that aren't /tg/ related.
>>
>>46088442
Even more likely nothing will happen.
>>
>>46083712
Ruby is still dead, quests/civ games/CYOAs ripped from /b/ with bad/no/DA art outnumber all other threads

WOD is dead

40K players have split into 40k'ers 30k'ers and retards spamming Star Wars vs 40k/Space Marines in nigeria wut happen thread's

3.5 is the game for autists wanting powerwanks, 4e is best boardgame, 5e is casual/nostalgic/mlp tier shit

>What's changed in my absence? What's new, and what plagues the boards now?

Quests, civ quests, gearup shets, CYOAs, metatjrrads about quest/civ/CYOAs, discuss muh fetish.
>>
>>46088603
Anon please, we just managed to stop the rampant shitposting.
>>
>>46088636
I see no evidence of that.
>>
>>46084929
>and the Felinids have been around longer than I've been into the hobby. So, at least before 5th.
Nope, purely a 6th edition addition to the fluff.
Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.