[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So some of my students found out that I play D&D and are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44
File: hotforteacher.jpg (18 KB, 236x317) Image search: [Google]
hotforteacher.jpg
18 KB, 236x317
So some of my students found out that I play D&D and are now trying to set up a group, wanting me to be their DM. Nice kids, good grades, well behaved, I know their parents, teachers pets pretty much.

Should I?
How would you go about this?
>>
Yes. You will be remembered 15+ years from now as the cool teacher who DMed for them as they reminisce fondly about their days of bygone youth.
>>
>>46042389
Don't fuck em.
>>
>>46042465
>>46042450
Don't listen to either of these.
>>
>>46042389
Sure, if you don't mind angry parents accusing you of indoctrinating their children into Satanism.
>>
>>46042389
Run some games with them after school. Unless you're a child molesting freak, then you probably shouldn't.
>>
>>46042389
You probably shouldn't. Teachers aren't really supposed to socialize with kids after school- I go to a different neighborhood every Friday so that I don't run into my students at FNM. It's just weird, and someone will complain. That's how it is.
>>
>>46042389
If you want to then sure why not. Just don't go magical realm on them or be that one anon that fucks them or any little brothers they have
>>
>>46042389
Yeah. Run a simple dungeon crawler core rules only for a couple sessions and then you can run a "real" game for anyone who sticks around for more than 3 sessions. Run it as an after-school thing or something. I would have loved for one of my teachers to have done this for me, and I still have awesome memories of the scout leader who got me into 40k
>>
>>46042389
No, but be an 'adviser' to their game. Make it semi-official or something.
>>
>>46042483
So fuck them but don't run a game for them?
>>
If this is real, be really careful. Meet at a games shop and not in anyone houses and such, but if you're a teacher you probably already know this.
>>
Yes, just make sure you do it at school during a tutorial or the like.
>>
>>46042483
So he should bang his students instead of playing D&D with them?
>>
>>46042514
Then he should have them set up an after school club of some sort. He can DM games as the clubs adviser at least.
>>
>>46042514
This isn't true everywhere. Where I live, it would be perfectly acceptable for a teacher to run a D&D game, if D&D weren't a gateway to Satanism.
>>
Sounds pretty cool.

I'd probably let them play with pregens for a little bit first, set up a mini campaign and let the kids try out different characters and classes and whatnot. Once you've played a few sessions, have them create characters if they want or they can stick with the pregens.
>>
Tell them whoever scores the killing blow on the BBEG gets bonus points on the final.
>>
>>46042527
>>46042546
Yep. Other way around is no fun and too much work.
>>
>>46042575
That'd be retarded
>>
>>46042514
That might be true in a big city but in a backwater town in the middle of nowhere, there's pretty much no choice.
>>
>>46042389
>Should I?
Yes. If you are confident as a DM.

>How would you go about this?
I would start by asking them what type of systems they use and what type of gameplay they enjoy.
>>
Never ever.
You're just one baseless accusation of rape away from having your life ruined.
Minimize unsupervised contact with students at all times.

If you really want to, tell the parents at least of of them has to be there too.
>>
Yeah just make it an official club or run it at your lgs.
You should be fine and the worst that could happen is one of the kids is a That Guy
>>
>>46042625
This. This. This.

Definitely run it if you can OP but always have another adult and never have one of you alone ever. I'm not saying the kids would, but it's a good practice
>>
>>46042389
I think the more proper thing to do in this case would be to run a one-off adventure with this group, preferably on school premises during a spare period or after school, whatever is more convenient, and following that adventure see if you can't get one of the group to consider DMing.

Spoken as someone who didn't get into the hobby until much later, I wish I had gotten into DMing earlier, as it would have sped along the unavoidable botches of my first attempt, and I would have been able to meet with the group more reliably.

They're in the perfect part of their lives for a weekly function like this, before jobs and differing school schedules in college or uni pull them apart. If they're interested in the hobby, give them an enjoyable introduction and be available to offer advice for their own campaigns. Otherwise, don't get in too deep, as it might be seen as being a little too involved.
>>
>>46042625

I saw this happen to a teacher when I was in high school.

Seriously, OP. Don't do it.

I'm a teacher now, actually. And while I'll go to FNM and talk to my students who play M:TG, I draw the line at anything in which I could be accused of doing anything inappropriate with students.

Like, you have to draw a line somewhere, anyways. They're students, not friends.
>>
Just start an after school dnd club so you don't come off as a weirdo for wanting to hang with students out of school.
>>
File: 1455824049005.jpg (52 KB, 720x566) Image search: [Google]
1455824049005.jpg
52 KB, 720x566
>>46042389
Sure. Do it for a few hours after school for one semester. Use something other than D&D.
>>
>>46042389
How old are these kids? That's probably relevant to the situation.
>>
>>46042687
This.

I had a teacher in HS who oversaw a Gaming club after school every Thursday. I even became the elected president of it and we would play shit loads of games, including D&D and Rogue Trader and shit.
The teacher never joined in, but he was a cool guy and if he did that would've been awesome.

Just make sure it's in school and an official club. Don't run campaigns in your dungeon. Leave that for the REAL roleplaying.
>>
>>46042625
This a thousand times.

If you can get a chaperone, it could be fun. Hell, if it could be some kind of school club activity or some shit that parents sign off on, in a perfect world that would be great.

If you can't get a parent in on this, or you can't assemble in a public place where there can be no threat of inappropriate conduct, then don't do it. Hell, explain this to the kids (as delicately as possible). When I was in high school, one of the english teachers had a band. He was one of the most well-liked teachers in the school, mostly because he was actually a decent educator/human being, and a group of the more musically adept students in his class wanted to start a band with him.

He turned them down for exactly this reason, explained the situation, and while people were bummed everyone understood that, yeah, the man can't jeopardize his career for a fun side-project with some students.
>>
File: 1455387875480.jpg (37 KB, 496x818) Image search: [Google]
1455387875480.jpg
37 KB, 496x818
>>46042505
He could always run a campaign about the Alexiad and teach his students that DEUS VULT.
>>
File: 1451340948193.png (109 KB, 400x419) Image search: [Google]
1451340948193.png
109 KB, 400x419
>>46042870
unfortunatly, FUN is of THE DEVIL.
>>
File: 1435049793947.jpg (285 KB, 889x1126) Image search: [Google]
1435049793947.jpg
285 KB, 889x1126
>>46042928
>Protestants
>>
File: 1457909335875.png (18 KB, 156x191) Image search: [Google]
1457909335875.png
18 KB, 156x191
>>46042942
> Implying I am one.
but seriously, I have people say fun leads to temptation of the devil. these are also the shit head who still drink and lie about it at their mega churches on sunday.
saddest part of living in the south for like 4 years.
>>
>>46042389
Working at a school also anon has taught me that you should got to other places for gaming as well. You could host the club, but never be directly involved in the gaming in case some parent has a fit. Watch out for yourself.
>>
>>46042389
That's fine but you'd be best off running through the school like a club to avoid rape accusations as many of anon brought up. Maybe do a nice write up about collaborative storytelling and improving improv skills, might be able to get a budget for it.
>>
>>46043033
>Living in the south
>Ever
sometimes I feel like there is no location on Earth 4chan will ever agree is a good place to live
>>
>>46043234
New England is pretty based
>>
>>46043294
Get fucked. Midwest best place hands down.
Wholesome but progressive communities and abundance of funding for shit that your backwards ass area has to have 5 different projects and public services fight for. Also your governors tend to suck dick pretty hard.
>>
>>46042389
clear it with their parents first

fuck what everyone else is saying, do you really want to limit what you do with every student you will ever have?

Imagine if you had a teacher that was willing to DM a dnd game for you when you were a kid. That kind of shit really makes a difference.
>>
>>46043403
My old high school had a cool computer technician who would play a Star Wars RPG with some of the nerdier kids who didn't want to hang out in the quad and get shat on by seagulls. He was pretty bro-tier and introduced me to Starcraft and RPG playing in general
>>
>>46043403
When i was a kid a teacher could spend time with students without a witness and solid alibi and not be accused of rape and having his career ruined.
I guarantee you OP does this long enough without getting every kids parents permission AND a parent chaperone he'll eventually get accused of something or have the school shit it down to prevent such things.
>>
File: 1287853467596.jpg (2 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1287853467596.jpg
2 MB, 1600x1200
>>46042389
Tell them if the average of their scores on tests you give equals A- or better you'll do it. B or better if you actually want to do it and your a big softy.

>>46042505
Hey, having kids at school playing a board-game under a responsible adult is far better then them going out and getting in trouble, weather through underage drinking or worse.
>>
>>46043462
And has it made you more successful in life?
>>
school'll probably shut you down even with parent permission.
>>
>>46043590
Depends on whether or not OP is male. If I were a male teacher, I'd avoid my students like the fucking plague after school hours and make sure we're never in private during school hours because fucking EVERYTHING makes you a pedophile nowadays.
>>
>>46043557
I doubt there are many news stories where a teacher decided to host a dnd game, and then was accused of rape

I'm very aware of the legal scruples these days, but it's not always a guarantee that something terrible will happen

when I was in HS (keep in mind this was *just* 2 years ago) my psych teacher held a study group at his home for the class

Nobody got accused of rape, and I would have gone myself if I wasn't busy with the qt in the class

>>46043583
I'd guess no, but it depends on how you measure success
>>
>>46043590
worth a shot then, no?
>>
>>46042389
Shoot, I'm an 18 almost 19 year old senior in High School, and my English teacher has run games for our group since we were freshmen. His teacher did the same as well.

Of course, we advertise it as one of the school's official "clubs", but still.

If you're fine with it, and they're fine with it, I don't see why not.
>>
>>46043572
There are two things Aaron Diaz is good for in this world, and they are drawing tits and making fantasy/sociology puns.
>>
File: 1271575376682.jpg (208 KB, 850x925) Image search: [Google]
1271575376682.jpg
208 KB, 850x925
>>46043583
Helped me become polite and more confident conversationalist instead of an absolute social retard. I'm still awkward and boring unless I'm talking about nerd stuff, but hey, being around people is tiring.
>>
File: 1454339314800.jpg (24 KB, 229x343) Image search: [Google]
1454339314800.jpg
24 KB, 229x343
>teacher at an all-girls school
If that idea even crossed my girls' minds I'd be fired on the spot, I'd fucking quit but the money is too good
>>
>>46043810
Pity he couldn't just stick to that. The sociology-inspired D&D stuff was actually pretty funny, especially with that one guy constantly finding ways to be a teamkiller.
>>
OP - try to see if you can set it up as a school club or function. Maybe as a traditional games club. Send a letter home to the parents explaining it. Offer to meet them with coffee or whatever the first night the group meets, so they can see what's up and know who you are. Get the kids to get a permission slip signed with the letter. Don't fuck any of the kids.

If you go about it super above-board it's very unlikely it will come back on you, and it could be great for the kids.
>>
>>46043572
http://dndis.wikidot.com/
>>
>>46042389

I'm also a teacher and I'll tell you: NO. Some shit always happens or the kids start to think they can get away with things around you and get into trouble at school and you are forced to go back to 'adult' mode. They'll feel like you betrayed their trust or something and their parents will think their kids have special privileges around you . Once they aren't in your class any more then it's ok.
>>
>>46043362
I don't get why our goveners tend to be so craptastic. Maine is a total shitshow.
>>
>>46043572
>Hobbesgoblin
I laughed.
>>
>>46043617
if op is a female teacher, she should ara ara~
>>
File: mega_milk.jpg (55 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
mega_milk.jpg
55 KB, 480x480
>>46042389
A big fat NO. All it takes is one misinterpreted sentence from a student to their parents along the lines of:

>"So Mr Alex told us we'd be wearing armor, but not the clothes we had on now, like, different clothes..."
>"He told you to take your clothes off?!?"
>"Honey, call the cops!"

And your life is finished. Don't bet your life on a bad game of telephone. Not worth it.

>or worse, one of your students will get a crush on you and start writing about your "adventures" in his/her diary...which parents read...you're fucked and not in a good way
>>
>>46044139
What kind of kid still writes a diary?
>>
>>46042389

In short, Yes!

My High School English teacher was DM for us nerds. I can personally say the experience was largely positive for all concerned. I to this day see the man as a model teacher and someone to look up to.

You should remind everyone that the game is not the same as class. Simply state that here we are not teacher and student, but it should make no difference in their behavior once in the classroom. Further, make clear that you will end the game if they do disrupt the class with no appeal possible.

They should understand.

Depending on your students the opposite may even occur. I remember the first meeting I still raised my hand to use the bathroom even though we were at our FLGS. That broke the ice though and made clear the necessary differences between settings for the other new players who were new to the group that year.

Use your judgement of their character. But if they are mature enough to recognize the difference between DnD and reality they should be mature enough to recognize the difference between the game and the classroom.

Above all have fun!
>>
>>46044139
>>46044402
Don't forget that some girls are conniving enough to blackmail you over something you never actually did. Either she gets straight A's for now on or she'll "prove" to everyone that you fiddled her diddle against her will.
>>
>>46042505

Your filename is dumb. The point of that comic is that the DM is actually going to teach the little girl real life spells because the girl's played enough d&d to be "ready."
>>
>>46044402
Most of them do, it's just not classic pen&paper thing, but a blog, tumblr or some such.
>>
>>46044432
For increased legitimacy you may even want to make it an elective or after school activity officially with the school.

This will give it the colour of an after school sport or activity and may even win you additional accolades from the administration for your efforts.

For the record, my professor did this and managed to make tabletop gaming the star factor of my school's after school program lineup when soliciting parents.

The hours spent playing 40k and war-hammer fantasy mixed with DnD and Traveller were real treats that still make me the envy of my fellows.
>>
>>46044139
>So Mr Alex told us we'd be wearing armor, but not the clothes we had on now, like, different clothes..
What this fuck is this supposed to mean?

Like what could OP say that would result in this? This is like you writing bad loli fapfiction.

It's like you've gotten in trouble for trying to fuck a student before
>>
>>46043840
But if he stuck to his strengths, how would we have ever known what a ponce he is?
>>
>>46044535
>What this fuck is this supposed to mean?
An introduction to the concept of roleplaying. Your character isn't wearing what you're wearing right now, your character is wearing something different (armor).
>>
>>46042389
>Should I?
Fuck no. In today's sue-happy world? The risk is small, but the consequence is WAY too big.

Maybe after they're out of your class.
>>
>>46043234
i didn't have much of a choice, being a wee lad. it was extretremely difficult to explain to friends what it meant to not be a protestant.
>>
>>46044402
It's called livejournel or facebook and everyone can see it at any time. He'd be double-fucked.
>>
I'd say be careful, not because pedo charges or whatever since that's less likely than you'd think but because kids will naturally start to see you as less of a teacher and more of a buddy and they'll probably start to act like that in class as well.
That's a fucking no-go right there
>>
>ITT: yet another reason why private tutoring beats teaching - not only the money's better but you can diddle your students (assuming they are of age) scot-free
>>
>>46042389
Absolutely

My first experience playing a REAL D&D game was with a teacher and it was fucking awesome. I recommend you run something classic, something that is difficult for a rational parent to misconstrue, something in classic story books

Save the princess from a dragon, destroy the evil artifact, stop the Evil Wizards plans or save the forest from rampaging orcs

Yes they are generic and often boring for vets, but as a fresh faced noob nothing is more fun than putting yourself in the shoes of the heroes in all the classic fantasy tales. Knights and Wizards, and honestly? If you frame it as an after-school club(what we did) parents will by and large be absolutely fine with it. Unless they have crazy parents, but as you know their parents you would know this.

It can be fun for all involved and introduce them to a brand new hobby. Don't deprive them of that because your not certain, odds are everything will go fine. We only hear about the horror stories because they are the exception, not the rule, so as long s you don't want to sex on them everything will go well.
>>
>>46044548
That is true, but does that really matter? I don't honestly care too much about what a creator is like personally if he makes good shit, especially since a lot of artists and writers had weird habits and quirks. But now his flaws mean he's made some stuff that isn't good.
>>
I run a group at the high school where I work. I set strong content guidelines (both content and story), always run on campus with people around.

There'll always be a that guy, you've got to shut that stuff down quick. Hopefully, you'll get other teachers interested, to run more tables, and be a second pair of eyes.
As long as you're not a creep, things'll be fine.
>>
>>46044548
The great game of life these days is 70% "Don't let people find out what a ponce you are."

Diaz lost that game years ago.
>>
>>46044651
Do you have dental coverage?
>>
>>46042389
No guts, no glory. Just do it in the school, preferably in an area with cameras, and you're golden. I would have killed a Jewish midget to have somewhere to play the game in high school
>>
>>46044748
Well, no, but I got insurance that takes care of it.
>>
>>46043812
But is it better than the pussy?
>>
>>46044919
Always choose the money
>>
>>46042389
Do it. After school club or something. It's not that different from an improv club or a chess club. It's pretty much the two combined.

Ignore all the people in here who are paranoid about false rape charges. This is not the epidemic that the male-dominated chunks of the internet seems to think it is. Do things somewhere public if you're that worried.

For the actual campaign, do something generic and try to teach the kids to play it hammy. Kids need to do things the generic way at some point in their lives so they can appreciate all the subversions that the rest of pop culture is built on. Same reason why music targeted at teenagers is so simple. And being able to be a ham without feeling self-conscious is the most important life skill you can teach young nerds.
>>
Do it, keep in mind that these kids are young, and will tend towards being "Those Guys," so you know, spell it out for them.

If you're really afraid, get someone else in on it, like English teacher, or Theatre. Since, you know, it's cooperative storytelling and acting, yanno? Hell, you might be able to get a math teacher in on this.

If satanisim has you paranoid, well, actually, just to keep them flexable, don't do D&D, or don't JUST do D&D. We've all run into those gronards who don't switch systems. You can prevent this.

Actually, go mouseguard. Small animal Jedi.
>>
What if OP is a girl?
>>
>>46046146
>another teacher
>now it's a pedophile human trafficking ring just like I heard about on the CNN

But seriously, muddling the boundaries of teacher/friend is probably reason enough not to do it. Help them set up a student group and run it on their own.
>>
>>46043294
If you are even vaguely /k/ New England is nearly pure hell, unless you count New Hampshire.
>>
File: 1456279892772.gif (113 KB, 400x362) Image search: [Google]
1456279892772.gif
113 KB, 400x362
>>46042389
After school program?
>>
>>46044548
can someone please explain how he is a ponce? I see people shit on him, but never give a specific reason. Now all I've ever seen is his art, and it looks amazing, so whats the beef?
>>
>>46047190
He tried to sue Nintendo for "stealing his idea" when they made Linkle, who was only tangentially related to his Zelda OC: basically Zelda doing Link's job in a shitty steampunk setting.

He essentially argued that they were both 'Zelda characters, played as a female link, who wore a hood'.

Then he tweeted something along the lines of "Wow Nintendo, it's not like I'VE ever designed a Zelda character," and banned some reportedly cool dude for responding with "But you haven't."

Basically, he's an all-around entitled prick who just so happens to draw well.
>>
>>46047505
dang. I'm sorry, he disgraces my state, though probably also exemplifies some of the hipsters in it
>>
>>46047505
Sounds like grade-A ponce to me.
>>
>>46047505
Didn't he also have a twitter meltdown when some guy made a comic about how his "feminism" is hypocritical and he wants to marry his waifu?
>>
File: MaryCagleIcon.jpg (22 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
MaryCagleIcon.jpg
22 KB, 150x150
>>46047593
Yeah, one of my favorite comic artists, Mary Cagle (CubeWatermelon) made a bit of a satire on the subject and he would not shut up for weeks on end.

http://cubewatermelon.tumblr.com/post/95456037742/sometimes-i-think-its-okay-to-just-admit-that-you
>>
>>46047505
>"Wow Nintendo, it's not like I'VE ever designed a Zelda character,"
> "But you haven't."

FUCKIN' SAVAGE
>>
>>46047190
>>46047505
Yeah, there's the Nintendo stuff.

Which all came after he basically spent the last 3 years being the biggest SJW mangina ever on Twitter, and acting like a smug asshole about it.

He's a gigantic douche, and he developed a superiority complex because people have been praising his artwork on DeviantArt for the last 7 years or so. He thinks being mildly ok at doodling means people care about his shitty opinions.
>>
>>46042942
>Catholics
>>
File: 1452866019094.gif (14 KB, 416x416) Image search: [Google]
1452866019094.gif
14 KB, 416x416
>>46047678
got a screencap of his buttrage?
>>
>>46043933
the fact that false rape/pedophilia accusations loom over every guy's head in today's society is really depressing, but regardless of this, >>46043933 has a solid point. I've seen it happen when you get too friendly with your students. The power dynamic is absolutely necessary to prevent even good kids from sliding.
>>
>>46046530
oh they get a free pass when it comes to plying minors with alcohol and raping them. so a D&D game is an easy 'no problem, go for it'.
>>
File: st_benedict_large.jpg (78 KB, 492x600) Image search: [Google]
st_benedict_large.jpg
78 KB, 492x600
>>46047801
>Protestants
>>
>>46042728
No Dr. Dazzle, Dr. Thunder or Dr. Riffic? It's like you're not even trying.
>>
File: Aron Diaz Butt-Rage.png (18 KB, 515x276) Image search: [Google]
Aron Diaz Butt-Rage.png
18 KB, 515x276
>>46048069
Only one I got, sorry.
>>
File: Martin Luther Bane.jpg (275 KB, 716x3234) Image search: [Google]
Martin Luther Bane.jpg
275 KB, 716x3234
>>46048500
>Catholics
>>
>>46047713
He god BTFO by someone who's only claim to fame is making a a shortstack porn comic one time and promptly never doing anything of import again
>>
File: Dr Pepper Knock offs.jpg (155 KB, 625x476) Image search: [Google]
Dr Pepper Knock offs.jpg
155 KB, 625x476
>>46048615
I got you senpai
>>
>>46048615
I'd kill for a fresh original recipe Mr. Pibb.
>>
>>46042389
Set up a Role Playing Games society, justify it with the standard resume bullshit. Have a safe place for everyone to hang, and if you wanna, podcast your sessions (For your protection and our Lulz)
>>
File: More Dr. Pepper fakes.jpg (119 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
More Dr. Pepper fakes.jpg
119 KB, 620x620
>>46049464
>>
>>46042389
Start a school Games Club

that way it is 100% legit and above board
>>
File: l5B1j2b.png (16 KB, 523x289) Image search: [Google]
l5B1j2b.png
16 KB, 523x289
>>46048069
Googling "aaron diaz mary cagle drama" picks some stuff up pretty quickly. Go ahead and dig in yourself for more.
>>
File: R3mOR8v.jpg (87 KB, 323x750) Image search: [Google]
R3mOR8v.jpg
87 KB, 323x750
>>46048069
>>46049864
>>
>>46042389
Other anons have said much of what I have to add, about the necessity for it to be an after-school program and to watch your back about false accusations, also that you could be the overseer of a club enabling multiple activities and not just DM for one, but there's also the increasingly fraught situation now about trigger-warnings and microaggressions and shit like that that your life would be so much better without, because if you were DMing, you'd need to have complete control over the narrative, much like a lesson plan, and that goes against the grain of RPing - let the kids DM for themselves and they don't have to worry about it in the way you might.
>>
>>46044402
I thought this too but as of recently discovered that no, it is still completely in vogue for girls to write actual physical pen and paper diaries. Somehow.
>>
>>46044535
This is actually a pretty representative hypothetical of what a typical school moral panic clusterfuck starts off as.
>>
>>46042389
>How would you go about this?
Open doors in the faculty at all times, if you do it there. If you meet in a place outside it, it has to be a public place with passage. And emphatically do not give them a lift.
>>
You need 2 things
>making this an official activity
This way you are the supervisor of the pupils. You will not get accused of rape or anything, don't listen to autists. You just need to show you are doing this to help your students and not just for fun, because teachers and students cannot have fun together-there's a social barrier between you. Say they will learn how to speak in public, to behave around others, just spout whatever bullshit and try to sound very professional
>not get carried away
And I don't mean kiddie fiddling, I just mean you have to make clear that participants can't and won't get a different treatment in class, and be true to your word.
If you feel you can handle these two aspects you're free to go, and have fun
>>
>>46049870
>2 mediocre artists go back and forth
>this qualifies as drama
you people need lives
>>
Do it, OP.
Be sure to bring lots of condoms, lube, and Dr. Pepper.
>>
>>46042625
Don't you have clubs at your school, anon?
>>
>Americans can't do any activities with their students or they risk getting accused of rape out of nowhere
Lmao
>>
>>46050354
believe me, we find it just as stupid as you do
>>
>>46050354
>Americans
Are you implying Europe isn't as bad? Need I remind you that British Airways (believe it or not but it's NOT an American airline) told a man who wanted to sit next to his pregnant wife that the plane wouldn't take off unless he changed seats.... because he was also sitting next to a 12 year old unattended boy? Until very recently that was the policy of British Airways and many other European airlines: men are not allowed to sit next to unattended children.
>>
>>46050354
Yes, it's most undignified. In the civilized world we rape our students with wild abandon.
>>
>>46050418
They're probably worried the men will have a sexual emergency.
>>
Do it, what could possibly go wrong?
>>
File: pedogeddon.gif (739 KB, 500x263) Image search: [Google]
pedogeddon.gif
739 KB, 500x263
>>46042389
Supervise an official school gaming club if you want. Give sage advice, but keep some distance and don't join the games. There's a reason every military on Earth has rules against fraternization, and it's not just because they hate fun.

Whatever you do, do not meet the kids off school property for this. It'd probably be fine, but there's a small chance it would detonate your life. You've got friends and fellow-gamers, right? Play with them.
>>
>>46050502
>There's a reason every military on Earth has rules against fraternization, and it's not just because they hate fun.
There is? I know nothing about the military but I always thought that (historically at least) the most popular generals were the ones who fraternized with their soldiers. Then again, wanting to keep some distance makes some sense.
>>
>>46050530
Generals often become popular for fighting alongside their men and sharing in their hardship, but that's not the same as being friends with them.
>>
>>46050684
Of course not, you wouldn't expect soldiers to obey orders from their peers to deliberately and knowingly risk their lives for reasons they can't tell them about.
>>
>>46044139
Jokes on them. I wear a go pro at all times, track my position every 15 minutes and wear a mic/wire.
>>
>>46042389
As long as you cover your arse for all the child protection stuff, go for it.
>>
>>46042389
Are you a male teacher or a female teacher? Yes this is relevant.
>>
Just play FATAL and you'll be fine OP
>>
>>46042514
We had a great teacher back in highschool (i think its called in english, post elementary school pre uni). Ran boardgames (well, more or less only Diplomacy) both as part of a few lessons and also in his apartment after school.

Everyone loved it, no complaints from parents (at least that i know of) .

I say go for it OP, at least if you know the parents are okay with it (if not, convince them by telling them RPGs are math disguised as fun that also boosts creative thinking bla bla you get the point)
>>
>>46042389
Actually in a similar situation myself.

I think you shouldn't do it alone. See if you can find another teacher to join in, for a bit of legal covering your asses.
>>
>>46042389
Just do as the other anons said and start a school backed gaming club, make sure you stay in good graces with the powers that be, and rather then dm for them, get one of them to dm and teach them the ropes and offer to help out but keep it as a game of their peers.
>>
>>46042389
Go for it man. Just don't be a slut.
>>
File: 1453938089882.png (1 MB, 1169x800) Image search: [Google]
1453938089882.png
1 MB, 1169x800
>>46042389
>being a teacher
>current year

Enjoy balding by the time you're in your mid-30s. Enjoy having no relevant career progress. Enjoy dealing with a bunch of brats and their helicopter parents.
>>
>>46043933
This guy gets it.
>>
>>46052220
>Enjoy balding by the time you're in your mid-30s.
Women don't bald.
>>
File: youre_serious.gif (4 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
youre_serious.gif
4 MB, 320x240
>>46052412
>>
>>46052412
The women end up fat emotional wrecks, probably control freaks too.
>>
File: I came here to laugh at you.jpg (60 KB, 641x480) Image search: [Google]
I came here to laugh at you.jpg
60 KB, 641x480
>>46052412
>Women don't bald.
>>
>>46052220
So what are you recommending instead anon?
>>
>>46042389
2 teachers at my old high school were into magic and one of them played with us during lunch.

Unless there's some school policy against it and it doesn't disrupt education, I see no harm in it. You will however, forever be "that nerdy teacher"
>>
>>46052498
A non-shit job. If you really want to teach someone, go for being a uni professor where you at least don't have to bother. Or take it up at a business firm.
>>
File: FemalePedo.png (167 KB, 1278x1000) Image search: [Google]
FemalePedo.png
167 KB, 1278x1000
>>46042389
>>
>>46049458
...Incase?
>>
>>46047056

Ahem, in Vermont, if you can pass a background check, and have the money, you can buy a gun. Want concealed carry? Put it in your pocket. No licenses to get, no tests to take. Lots of guns (mostly used for hunting), and practically no gun violence. Vermont is basically America's Canada. Massachusetts we are not, at least in regards in guns.
>>
>>46042389
What Subject do you teach ?
>>
>>46052798
Vermonts a haven who permit is your constitution bit. Sadly it has 1/8th the land of your average state with similar laws and maybe 1/2 you can hunt on and half of that you need permission to use.
Last i checked if your a /k/ enthusiast arizona or montana is the place to go for space, privacy, and guns.
>>
>>46053326
Wow autocorrect mangled that.
>>
>>46049801
FINALLY one of these fucking things has Mr. Pibb on it. I loved that shit, first soda I ever actually liked drinking IIRC. We'd always get it for our D&D group while I was in highschool because it was cheaper than Dr Pepper. Good times, man.
>>
File: 1451407054688.png (12 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
1451407054688.png
12 KB, 380x380
>>46050418
>the child is literally inside its mother
>'unattended'
>>
>>46053836
No, let me explain. There were three seats. The mother wanted to sit by the pathway because it would allow her to get up quickly in case of an emergency. The husband would sit next to her because they're fucking husband and wife. An unattended twelve year old boy was sitting by the window. The man was asked to sit somewhere else and told his flight wouldn't leave until he changed seats.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/male-sexism-should-men-really-be-banned-sitting-next-kids-planes-1446921

It was a man from Luxembourg if I'm not mistaken, though this case isn't the only one. Not by far. Luckily their policy has changed now, but the point was proving that this retardation and misandry is not limited to America.
>>
>>46050433
I understand that reference.

I wish I wouldn't though.
>>
>>46050418
>>46053882
tl;dr Britain is Sweden 2.0?

Isn't this sort of sexism against EU law?
>>
>>46053930
Not when they change what sexism means by EU Law.
>>
>>46053989
Only if it's against women, right?
>>
>>46053930
Brits aren't even allowed to defend themselves with violence from a rapist.
>>
>>46054027
No. Sexism is what women say it is. How else could it be? Who else BUT a women knows EXACTLY what sexism is to her and her feelings? Why draw hard lines in the sand men can uncomfortable skirt to rape your sense of self?
End of the day: a women says you just did something sexist it was infact felony tier sexism. Even if its scratching your ass or standing somewhere or being taller and therefore being a physically imposing figure or drinking a beer (a manly and evil action that leads to inebriation which leads to rape), etc.
Its like the wild west but half the population is the town sheriff and theres no telling when oned corrupt or will turn corrupt and point their gun at you for shits and giggles. Just so you know, all of those examples above are real and resulted in jailtime and criminal records for the men involved.
>>
>>46054178
>>46054027
>>46053989
>>46053930
Is there an echo in here?
>>
>>46054152
>Telling lies on the internet
>>
>>46054281
shame it's true though
>>
>>46042389
Jesus OP, we aren't even supposed to be Facebook friends with students. What do you think actually hanging out with them would do?

Fucking hell.
>>
>>46047056
Maine has constitutional carry bub.
>>
>>46054152
Jesus, Britain. You ban pepper spray and import rapists, and then launch a feminist political party... that calls for boardroom quotas.

Screw the real suffering women and men suffer, upper class women need their unearned promotions!
>>
>>46042389
Yes, but proceed with caution.
1.) alert the parents, and require their permission, before the kids are allowed to join the group.
2.) The events should occur in a public location on school property. Find out if they will let you host in the cafeteria after school. That way, you've got space, a clean table, and places to sit without needing to be on someone's private property. (and, because this is america, someplace with security cameras.)
3.) Be inclusive, but don't advertise. If new people want to join, they can join.
>>
>>46054281
Sadly true. You could get slapped with assault charges. Just like police could get charged with excessive force if they touch the rapist to try and stop him.
>>
>>46054439
actually as of late Britain is pretty much the only EU country that doesn't import rapists
>>
>>46054566
No, it does, just not through the EU's quotas.
>>
>>46054580
>>46054566
HEY!
Our rapist imports MEET or EXCEED all EU quotas, thank you very much.
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 218x220) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 218x220
>>46052597
Ok. Little mad.
>>
>>46054672
I'm wondering what she was wearing when she got thrown out of the house "near naked".
>>
>>46054672
this thread was yesterday
>>
>>46054854
two days ago, 3/14 and all that... but FUCK MAN, that is- that is-
Wow.
I know 4chan has a reputation but, FUCK! seriously!

Shota is my fetish but even i know to keep it to the doujins. You don't fuck (with) kids!
>>
I would suggest doing it as an after school club and dealing with it as professionally as possible.
>>
>>46054886
>Evangelion 4.4: You (Don't) Fuck With Kids
oddly fitting
>>
>>46054886
Try don't fucking the kid when he's in your car sleeping on your lap with a boner after a afternoon at the CC2013. my husband never forgive me
>>
>>46043362
Midwest is overrated. No idea why film uses it as the 'base' of the US, foreign actors typically use Midwest accents. New England has culture, money, education, and technology in spades. While >>46047056 is right (I would toss in Vermont) overall it's pretty mint to be in New England.
>>
>>46050418
fucking anglo
>>
>>46052597
This was my fetish when I was a teen desu
>>
>>46055250
STORY
>>
>>46052412
Or so they would have you believe
>>
>>46042514
>Not having a nerdy teacher that plays MtG and brings his own board/card games for students to play with during lunch.
>>
>>46055354
Again your main issue is your governors and current state of infrastructure development both of which suck terribly. Midwest is often used as the idyllic united states setting cause its where the original middleclass life came from. You could grow up on a farm or near one or in a good looking natury place, go to a highschool with just enough kids to fill the football stadium (which the whole town will show up to to), you'd probably be on the team fucking a cheerleader. Maybe go off to the military with the town giving you a send off with a party and a welcome home party when you get back just to settle down with your highschool sweet heart, did i mention that army base is just next door so its like you never really left till deployment. Then you grow old drinking beer on your porch during perfect summer days with you and your wife on the loveseat swing watching your grandchild try to catch some fireflies while your kids sit on the porch stoop bundled up beneath a blanket.
>>
>>46056016
>tfw this could have been you but instead you got a single parent family in a shitty neighborhood where people aren't even try hiding smuggling drugs in broad day light

Contrary to popular belief, gunshots often aren't loud enough for you to hear when you're inside.
>>
>>46056329
It's a beautiful image, Anon, nobody's gonna deny that, but it's about as real as becoming an adventurer. Hell, there was a guy who wrote a story a lot like that, except since Hemingway actually saw action he knew what it really would have been like to come back. It's called "Soldier's Home" if you're interested in feeling even worse, but I guess you might get some catharsis from it
>>
>>46042389
ASK SCHOOL FOR PERMISSION FIRST

THEN ASK PARENTS
>>
>>46056016
Can't argue with the first part. Fuck Deval and FUCK the BIG DIG!!! (Baker is okay so far) As for the second part I'm from a small town in South Eastern MA where you can basically have that idealized life, just in New England.
>>
>>46047678
CAGGLLEEEE

Let's speak English is kawaii as fuck nigga
>>
>>46055738
It wasn't your father's.
>>
>>46056659
Actually, this.

Encourage them to form a D&D club, and act as an unofficial patron and sometimes DM who helps the kids learn the ropes of playing.

It makes it into a school activity so no one can accuse you of leading kids into your basement, and allows it to be a more public thing.
>>
>>46056935
It's also more than likely mandatory, since he'll be interacting with students.. Parents and the school will need to know. Otherwise you get fired even if nobody accuse you ofnkiddy fiddlin
>>
>>46057013
Yeah, but I'm just saying, having them make a club is far more acceptable than private activities with a student.
>>
>>46047801
That is basically the 16th century version of the "No Fun Allowed" robot. Down to the hammer
>>
>>46057311
Except Luther wanted fun to be allowed.
>>
>>46057327
Not the kind of fun the corrupt popes were known for.
>>
>>46057486
True enough.
>>
>>46056723
Never said it happened. Its just the birthplace of it. Hasn't been that way for 50-60 years. >>46056732
>>
>>46057486
Ain't nobody got fun like Borgias do.
>>
>>46057946
No idea why it added that last link.
>>
We had a games club at my high school it was primarily board games and D&D.The Teacher/advisor did play along with us. I believe they even got a little extra money for doing it. We met every Wednesday. And even had a picture of us dorks in the year book. Keep it official. Never meet at home or behind closed doors.

There are tons of non academic and non athletic clubs at most high schools in USA. Yearbook club, photography, art, quiz bowl, chess team, language clubs, Rotarians, Etc
>>
>>46055354
Enjoy your taxes, traffic, guidos, good ethnic food, high cost of living and strict gun laws.

The origins of RPGs are decidedly Midwestern.
>>
>>46053930
>tl;dr Britain is Sweden 2.0?
That's Canada. Britain is more like Sweden 3.0
>>
>>46058328
Oh yes, Canada has "common law" marriage, doesn't it? The UK isn't that bad yet.
>>
>>46044602
What kind of kid still has a livejournal?
>>
>>46052597
>Thread will probably get deleted and I can breathe easy.
>reading this in a screencap

Never tell the internet your secrets, whore.

>>46055250
Also a dirty whore.
>>
>>46050530
when americans say "every" anything they mean america's that thing.
>>
>>46059392
having a sex drive != being a whore
>>
>>46059483
>it's perfectly natural

I know you're trolling familia because the thread is dying and you're one of those gay people who roleplay on the 4chan, but lets keep it smart.
>>
>>46059576
>one of those gay people who roleplay on the 4chan
what
>>
>>46059892
People do do that. You find them more on nsfw boards, or you could argue some namefags are just playing a role.
>>
Having them over to your house = bad

Starting a school club like every other interest = good
>>
>>46059916
How do you know they're roleplaying?
>>
>>46059967
This.

If you have them at your house it's just going to make a rumor mill and will only end badly. Set it up as a club so it's all out in the open and you should be fine.
>>
File: 1311281478300.jpg (182 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1311281478300.jpg
182 KB, 500x500
>This entire thread
>This cult of fear
What happened people are so estranged, afraid of each other paranoid that simple hanging out is now considered creepy and a legitimate danger to one's life and career.
What the fuck happened.
>>
>>46042514
One of the teachers at my school used to play D&D with the students.
>>
>>46060098
Well, to be frank, they're ERPing. And they have ERPing threads. Let's just say you can tell.

Or on /tg/, you have stuff like the council of wizards or whatever. They have names and play the roles of characters, talking to each other and showing off spells and inventions - totally roleplaying.

As for namefags, when has ND ever acted like someone aside from ND? When has Lionguard never stood up for the Dark Angels to the point of stupidity? You could argue it's just who they are, but since they always take on that role when they namefag and never seem to act any different, it's like playing a role.
>>
>>46060261
So how do you know they're gay?
>>
>>46060156
This question has been asked by many reputable sociologists lately. >inb4: not a real science
I don't think we can pin it on one specific influence, there's multiple factors in play.
But keeping your job and private life separate has been good practice since forever. Especially when your job is underage people.
>>
>>46060156
feminism
>>
>>46047505
He tried to sue Nintendo because they stole his fanfiction based on their intellectual property?
>>
File: 1424152058221.png (28 KB, 627x442) Image search: [Google]
1424152058221.png
28 KB, 627x442
>>46060313
I'm not the guy you were replying to, man.

But doing it randomly in the middle of threads - not on their own threads, mind - is pretty gay.
>>
>>46051602
>in his apartment after school.
If you can't see how that will almost invariably cause controversy or possibly get someone thrown in jail based solely on suspicions in the year of our lord 2016, you're deeply and absolutely naïve. Like peter pan level naïve.
>>
>>46042728
Chaotic neutral should be Mr Pibb
>>
>>46044711
You may say that, and you may think that that's how it should be, but I'd bet my sweet new 27" computer monitor that you don't feel that way.
>>
>>46060156
Pedophilia has become such a toxic subject that even allowing someone to accuse you of it is check mate.

Almost certainly for your career as a judge or jury of your peers "won't take the chance." Quite possibly for your life and limb as you are brutally raped and murdered in jail.

The justice system is a joke when emotions run hot.

And let's not forget that the white-hot terror that fuels this shit comes from a real place; there are indeed horrible child rapists and traffickers and other "practicing pedos" out there; if it's a witch hunt, it's in a setting where witches are real.
>>
>>46060567
I don't understand what your monitor has to do with this. Or your logic. I don't hate Lovecraft for being racist, even if I'm not a big fan of his work.
>>
>>46042389
Can only be done in an official capacity as an optional club thing that happens at the school during hours where other adults/teachers are still around.
>>
>>46060716
He's not alive today, but if he was you probably wouldn't support him by buying his books.

Knowing the author of something is a shithead poisons everything.
>>
>>46050787
Are you on probation?
>>
File: The Way She Goes Ray.png (152 KB, 560x320) Image search: [Google]
The Way She Goes Ray.png
152 KB, 560x320
>>46053795
Yeah, but I bet you were drinking the delicious original recipe known as Mr. Pibb. Today all you can find is PIBB XTRA-This is not the same as real, original Mr. Pibb. I loved Mr. Pibb as well, I wish they would bring it back. The way she goes I guess
>>
>>46060888
I would.
>>
File: 1372291197752[1].png (231 KB, 1000x710) Image search: [Google]
1372291197752[1].png
231 KB, 1000x710
>>46058734
Britain has Common Law as well though, so it might have Common Law marriage as well. Quebec is the only province where Common Law marraige doesn't apply as it uses the strictly superior Civil Law system.
>>
>>46060888
I wouldn't buy books from someone with evil views, like Paizo's SJW authors, but I could agree to disagree with him.
>>
>>46061513
baka, common law marriage has no connection to Common Law except that the jurisdictions that started the trend were Common Law ones.

It's not part of Common Law, despite the name, and is philosophically more in line with Civil Law thinking.
>>
>>46061644
>is philosophically more in line with Civil Law thinking
Could you elaborate on that? If I'm not mistaken Common Law is judgemade law so if enough judges have decided on a trend (like considering marriage and cohabitation comparable to a certain degree) it becomes law while (ideally) in Civil Law the judge is little more than "la bouche de la loi" and only makes up new rules very sparingly, mostly keeping the legal codes in mind? I don't see how Common Law marriage would be more in line with Civil Law philosophy.
>>
>>46061149
Assuming you weren't a racist yourself.
Substitute for something you do find truly heinous.
>>
>>46061730
Common law marriage doesn't come from judges. it's passed by legislatures. It's statutory law.

It's in line with Civil Law thinking for that reason, because it's a legislative expansion of the state's involvement in people's lives, rather than a court-created solution to a problem that comes before a court.
>>
>>46061776
Not many of lovecrafts books are actually racist which happens to be the original point. Tbh, I only read good works of fiction, so I never end up reading things by SJWs or lonely cat ladies.
>>
>>46044725
The great game of life has always been "don't let others find out how which of a pounce you are."

Its just that nowadays with the Internet and social media and all its easier to fuck up and harder to recover from when you do eventually fuck up.
>>
>>46061932
>Actually using social media
>Actually letting Zuckerjew sell your information to companies
You deserve everything that happens to you. Social media is fucking worthless. All it does is create shouting matches. Just imagine how much power the SJW community would lose with the death of Twitter and Tumblr.
>>
>>46061971
>Just imagine how much power the SJW community would lose with the death of Twitter and Tumblr.
Power that would be countered out of the cultural right used the same platforms to exert the same social pressure.

And aren't both those platforms losing money and basically only still existing because of subsidies from their parent companies?
>>
>>46061971
> implying I actually use social media

The only reason I even visit tumblr these days is for the art, and occasionally to have a laugh and remind myself that no matter how much of a ponce I am, I'm still nowhere close to these people.
>>
Don't think I've seen this posted already, I found it interesting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvvN6NVPpOk

Basically a teacher at a Christian high school who does D&D/RPG videos ran a class on D&D and RPGs. The school has a special week where the teachers can run miscellaneous classes. He bought all the kids dice sets, taught them about RPGs, ran a few games, etc.

There was another video of him proposing the idea, and one of him unboxing all the dice Chessex sent him (they gave him a discount since it was educational, pretty nice of them).
>>
>>46062178
I never implied that. I just used that as an example to show there's literally nothing good about social media and you're a tool for using them in the first place. Whatever misfortune befalls you through social media is entirely of your own design and entirely something you deserve.
>>
Ethically you should not, but you can direct them to a FLGS or something to get them started, or see if there can be an official after-school thing or something.
>>
>>46060156
>thinking anything in the news is even 50% factual or representative of reality
>Thinking 4chan is an accurate measure of society.

I am legitimately shocked at the number of you people who think 'teacher+alone with students=rape charge'. I can't speak for anything outside of New England but it's straight up paranoid schizophrenia to assume that any action of teacher to students other than teaching students will result in you being fired.

Cover your ass, be an authority figure, not a 'friend'. Don't think 4chan has any idea what they're talking about. If you want to encourage kids to roleplay, go for it. There's these things called rape kits and police investigations, they help innocent people from being sent to jail for nonexistent rape accusations.
>>
File: kes5.jpg (12 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
kes5.jpg
12 KB, 400x240
Question for any older Britfriends still awake:

Before the paedo scare, did teachers used to be more active in the community?

In the first episode of Doctor Who, two teachers secretly visit a student's home to check if she's okay.

In the film Kes, the teacher meets up with a student out of school, just to hang out and make sure he's doing all right.

Hell, even in the Dustin Hoffman episode of The Simpsons, Marge suggests that Lisa invite her teacher to dinner at their home. This seems like a quaint American thing, does it just not happen now?
>>
>>46042389

How old are they?
If they are older teenagers it'd be fine.
>>
>>46062647
Teacher here - it happens all the time.
It's happening everywhere in the western world.
Even just being accused means you can never be hired again.

The fact that you want to live in a world where these things don't happen constantly, does not make it true.

I live in a scandinavian country and my union is actively warning people about this shit. Hell, it wasn't too long ago that there was a case of something even more horrible; a bus driver who had reputation for being very friendly with the children got fired, ended up in court, and was told he wouldn't be rehired in the industry (the bus driving industry in general, mind) because a little girl said he had promised to take her on a picnic (which he had said, as a joke, as testified by others present in the bus that day.)

People are petty busy little shits. Your boss will fire you just to avoid the negative publicity, and if a google search brings up your name in relation to anything shady nobody is going to hire you - they'll just look at the next applicant.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.