[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hmmm... Thirteen orcish warblades from the elite guard Sixteen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 10
File: unkar Plutt.png (145 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
unkar Plutt.png
145 KB, 256x256
Hmmm...

Thirteen orcish warblades from the elite guard
Sixteen helms in reasonable condition
Eight crossbows with goat leg cocking mechanisms
Five full halberks of ringmail and three hoods
Seven brigandines
Twenty daggers

What you have brought me today is worth...three and a quarter portions.
>>
Food as currency actually sounds pretty neat for post-apocalyptic settings.
>>
>>45586685
>three and a quarter portions
That's slightly more than a day's meals, right?

Man, if I keep this up, I'll be able to buy that spaceship and get off this place in no time!
>>
>>45586685
Three and a quarter portions my ever loving ass. How about I show you how a few of those weapons are used. Bet that would get ya to raise the payout.
>>
>>45586685
Or, I could give these weapons and armor to a group of locals fed up with this bullshit, face fuck you with the daggers, and we take ALL the portions?
>>
>>45586685
That movie blew
>>
>>45586925
Three day's and a quarter meals, I suppose.
>>
>>45587025
Jorge pls.
>>
>>45587025
It was average

The pacing was all fucked up
>>
>>45587070

The pacing was fucked, the story itself was cookie-cutter, the characters weren't memorable and the scale (the easiest damn thing to get *right* in Star Wars) was nonexistent.

Did any part of this movie really feel like an epic space adventure? Why was the Republic not on Coruscant? How did a single lost system result in the loss of the entire Republic and her fleets? What was the point of the Resistance? Why was the Resistance only equipped with six X-Wings? Why were the TIE-Fighters literally just TIE-Fighters with a couple guns slapped onto it?

Why why WHY? Why did this movie make 2.06 Billion dollars?
>>
>>45587119
>Why did this movie make 2.06 Billion dollars

Because I thought it was fun.
>>
>>45586685
>3 3/4 of your portions? that'll feed me for like a week!
Stupid bitch didn't know what was being offered.
>>
>>45587119
And most importantly:
If Leia is still a general after winning the fucking biggest battle in the whole fucking galaxy instead of ruling, just how shitty is she at her job?
>>
When Star Wars Episode 1 was first released the world was in love. As far as anyone was concerned it was the greatest movie ever, and no one could say otherwise. The hype was on in full force, Star Wars mania took the world by storm, everything was Star Wars. EVERYONE loved Episode 1!

Then as the hype faded, people started to look at the movie objectively.

Now, you'd be hard pressed to find someone who would admit it was even a good movie at all. Awful acting, awful writing, awful dialog, awful continuity in regard to the SW universe as a whole, awful unlikable characters, everyone only now admits it was awful. But not then. No, only now. If you tried to say any of this back then you'd be branded a hater or a troll, but now you'd be preaching to the choir.

TFA's hype is still going strong. Give it time and it'll be regarded in the same way the prequels are. I guarantee it.
>>
>>45587162
Not at all. She's like Cincinnatus.

When her republic needs her, she is willing to serve, but virtuously returns to the proverbial cabbage farm when there isn't trouble.
>>
>>45587162
She's Vader's daughter
Best way to avoid that shitstorm is to stay in the frontlines
>>
>>45587209
You'll enjoy the rest of your life a lot more if you just let it go, anon
>>
>>45587119
Episode 1 syndrome.

No one wants to admit it was a bad movie because it's Star Wars, it HAS to be good, right?
>>
>>45587119

The entirety of The Force Awakens was to one-up the old trilogy and supplant it as "classic" Star Wars, everything was intentionally designed with extra size and scale and grandeur while telling the exact same story because Abrams wanted his movie to be the one people pop in when they want to watch "the good ones."

The Republic was not on Coruscant because Coruscant was part of the old canon, the loss of a single system resulted in total First Order victory because Abrams wanted to erase everything that happened in the OT so it could become another "plucky rebel story."

The Resistance existed because Abrams needed The Rebellion, which technically still existed at the end of ROTJ but Abrams is a hack incapable of working with a New Republic vs. Imperial Remnant story. The X-Wings and TIEs exist for the exact same reason.

It's all a damn sloppy rerun of the original story with none of the charm, it's the cinematic equivalent of having a book open while you're writing your own book and copying shit whole-sale.
>>
>>45587209
>Give it time and it'll be regarded in the same way the prequels are
At least the prequels tried to do something different.
>>
>>45587246
Not that anon, I just see a lot of parallels.
>>
>>45587258
This
>>
>>45587284
So do I. Ep7 was better than the prequels, not as good as the OT, better than the Battle for Endor but not as good as Caravan of Courage, about the same as the Droids cartoon.

I'm just saying, getting worked up over whether or not people like or dislike a movie enough to make a long post on the Internet seems kinda silly.
>>
>>45587340
You're projecting an awful lot there.
>>
>>45587162
>instead of ruling
Ruler of what? Space dust?
>>
>>45587340
>I'm just saying, getting worked up over whether or not people like or dislike a movie enough to make a long post on the Internet seems kinda silly.

You're getting awfully upset that people are passionate enough about something to talk about it, anon.
>>
>>45587403
He's just mad people dislike something he likes.
>>
>>45587386

He probably thinks Leia was a big-name politician in the Rebellion.

The big-name was Mon Mothma, not Leia.

God, imagine if Abrams made his trilogy a "Shadows of the Empire" with the New Republic in cold war with the Imperial Remnants.
>>
>>45587385
>>45587403
>>45587425
Rather than continuing this troll-off, you guys all know about the new SW movies starting this December, right
>>
>>45587430
>God, imagine if Abrams made his trilogy a "Shadows of the Empire" with the New Republic in cold war with the Imperial Remnants.
It's a Cold War gone hot
>>
File: 1447263270212.jpg (11 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1447263270212.jpg
11 KB, 250x250
>>45587480

The petulant man-child in me wishes an answer to this question; do any of them feature, as the hero, an original white male character?
>>
>>45586925
Wasn't a quarter portion basically a small meal on it's own?
>>
>>45587162
She became a governer but the republic refused to go to war with the first order so her and a few other members of the senate secretly created funded the "Resistance" as their arm to counter the order.
>>
>>45586925
>Man, if I keep this up, I'll be able to buy that spaceship and get off this place in no time!

Naw naw anon, you don't want to leave the planet because mommy and daddy might come back and pick you up after 20+ years!
>>
>>45587563
Who cares, it's Star Wars
[engine noises in space intensify]

>>45587578
That puffball didn't look very filling to me. No wonder Rey's so shrimpy. Even Star Destroyer guts can't buy her a decent meal.
>>
>>45587601

Was any of this explained to us in the movies?

If it ain't in the movies it didn't happen.
>>
>>45587430
Seems almost exactly what happens, until an mperial remnant (Abrams is clear that the First Order is just one of many) wipes out the New Republic government.
>>
>>45587615
>Who cares, it's Star Wars

I care because I want some equal representation in my space movies.
>>
>>45587070

I have never really enjoyed any star wars movie, but I thought the Force Awakens was okay.

The first three movies? Over blown bullshit that people view with nostalgia goggles on.

The next three movies? Whiny angst shit. Guess Kylo was more like Vader than he realized.

The shows based on the series we almost universally garbage with the exception of the Star Wars Clone Wars animated shorts because the director understood people wanted to see Jedis be badasses during a god damned war and delivered upon that while also showing just how awesome the clone troopers were too instead of treating them like they were expendable jokes.

Star Wars is a shit franchise with a few okay things here and there.

Star Trek is a shit franchise too for the most part. I thought Next Generation was good even though it looks horribly dated it is still entertaining to watch after the third season. The original show sucked dick though as did basically everything else including the bulk of the movies. The JJ Abrhams flicks were at least decent popcorn munchers and Benedict Cumberbatch was awesome as Kahn.

The fucked thing is I really, really, REALLY love the universes and ideas represented in both Star Trek and Star Wars. I just hate basically all the characters in those universes.
>>
>>45587340
This explores the radical notion that our time is valuable. We are on 4chan, so it is not.
>>
>>45587430
Imagine if Abrams wasn't a complete hack.
>>
File: OVER THE LINE.jpg (19 KB, 373x519) Image search: [Google]
OVER THE LINE.jpg
19 KB, 373x519
>>45587732
>hates the original trilogy
>likes the Clone Wars
>>
>>45587767
>over the line
alright walter
>>
>>45587276

>They tried to do something different

No they didn't. They still focused on politics that nobody gives a shit about. They had a lazy love story that nobody gives a shit about. They focused on space wizards that are supposed to be super god damned rare, but they are all over the place.

Truly, they were horrible films, just like the original movies were.

Favorite movie that George Lucas ever did? Willow. I haven't cared for anything else he has touched really.
>>
>>45587632
It seems like a lot of fairly important background information was left out of the movies to be put into books, which you can buy separately and read so that you can re-fill your library of Star Wars books because the older, better stories are no longer canon.
>>
File: jej.jpg (36 KB, 385x327) Image search: [Google]
jej.jpg
36 KB, 385x327
>>45587781
>>
>>45587767

Not the CGI clone wars. The traditional hand drawn clone wars that was about 95% Jedi and droids fucking shit up across the galaxy.
>>
File: 1383863490241.jpg (339 KB, 710x508) Image search: [Google]
1383863490241.jpg
339 KB, 710x508
>>45587813
>It seems like a lot of fairly important background information was left out of the movies to be put into books

But that's not how a movie series works, you should not have to *buy* books to understand how the movie works.
>>
>>45587832
I know which one you're talking about, it doesn't change anything I said.
>>
>>45587634
>Abrams is clear that the First Order is just one of many

When and how is this ever clear in that mess of a movie? It's not even explained why the NEW REPUBLIC and the RESISTANCE are separate entities. You and your bodies work your asses off to beat a bunch of dudes in shiny white plastic, blow up their killer space balls, and save the entire galaxy from tyranny, and within the time it takes to half-raise a son into a feathery haired piece of trash, people forget your magic space knight brother was even real.

And Han Solo amounted to fucking nothing.
>>
>>45587869
>And Han Solo amounted to fucking nothing.

TELL THAT TO KANJIKLUB.
>>
>>45587848

Maybe they were looking at the 343i model.
>>
File: Nero pls.png (1 MB, 690x460) Image search: [Google]
Nero pls.png
1 MB, 690x460
>MFW nobody IRL believes me when I say that it's just a rerun of Episode IV
>>
>>45587932

>Following the model of a company that killed Halo without even trying.

>>45587943

In the modern era, everyone is a Cassandra.
>>
>>45587869
I said Abrams is clear. The movie is vague.
>>
File: White Male Protagonist.png (2 MB, 1224x1584) Image search: [Google]
White Male Protagonist.png
2 MB, 1224x1584
>>45587718
>equal representation
You ever heard of false representation?
>>
>>45587998

Wouldn't equal representation mean nobody is over-represented?

If we started shoving black people into roles, wouldn't that make black people over-represented in the media?
>>
>>45587162
More importantly why isn't she a fucking jedi?
I mean a huge part of RotJ was that Leia had just as much potential mojo as Luke. Considering how few jedi are left it would sort of make sense to train the only other force sensitive mother-fucker you have laying around.
>>
>>45587794
>They focused on space wizards that are supposed to be super god damned rare, but they are all over the place.
So I guess you never play any character in an RPG that isn't a cabbage farmer from the outskirts of an uninteresting and uneventful farming town?
>>
>>45588042

Because Kylo Ren lost his marbles and that encouraged Luke to just fuck off, when that has never struck me as something Luke's character would do.
>>
>>45588052
He is, but then he turns out to be a dragon adopted by a childless couple or something and his village gets burned down.
>>
>>45587960
Well shit, did he come out after the movie to tell everyone? I didn't wait through the credits.
>>
>>45586989
>>45586991
I'm with these guys. That's fucking robbery, you leathery heap of minotaur shit and you know it! Everyone's sick of this shit and about ready to put all that salvage to a much better use!
>>
>>45588082
So what? The Force can be self-taught. Look at Rey. What's Leia's excuse.
>>
>>45588934
Politics and scruffy smuggler dick took up all her time. Oh and she actually did start learning in the GOD DAMN EXPANDED UNIVERSE.
>>
>>45588934
Leiah isn't a Mary Sue?
>>
>>45588872
>accusing robbery
>while threatening robbery
>>
>>45588671
see >>45587813
>>
>>45589035
You mean the Expanded-and-Overwritten-Never-Happened Universe?
>>
>>45589098
He's the robber; we're just taking what we're owed!

If you've got a problem with that, go ahead and starve while you're burning in the sun and killing yourself in this wasteland working yourself to death. The rest of us are taking our fair due and damn anyone who tries to stop us to the deepest pits of the hells!
>>
>>45589050
No, because I was introduced to her at an impressionable age.
>>
File: Well shit.png (3 KB, 341x85) Image search: [Google]
Well shit.png
3 KB, 341x85
>>45589118
>TFW you accidentally your own question

>>45589119
Yes that one exactly.
>>
>>45589050
...the literal princess general commando who is the secret daughter of the big bad and latent wizard, not a mary sue

Fascinating
>>
>>45587025
Good movie, but the writing dragged it down. Rey could have been an interesting character, or the movie could have focused on the actually interesting characters.
>>
>>45586901
Not as much as you'd think.

An ideal currency is one that is
>easy enough to physically produce that it can be done with a reasonably minimal effort
>is non-perishable
>is small enough to be easily handled in large quantities by a single individual
>is easily recognizable
>has little if any other value in a society besides the possibility of being made into currency
>Can be easily branded/marked/forged in such a way to ensure legitimacy of its issue
>is backed by some sort of institution, even if that institution is simply "society as a whole."

The overwhelming majority of foods make a terrible currency, because they are perishable, cannot be handled by a single person in large quantities, can't be validated or regulated by an institution (as the currency is by its very nature self-reproducing, and therefore can produce itself in settings outside the control of society, affecting the value through uncontrollable means), and is often labor-intensive to produce at the macro level.

Honestly, bottle caps in Fallout are a pretty reasonable form of currency in a post-apoc world.
>>
>>45587848
>It seems like a lot of fairly important background information was left out of the movies to be put into books

No, the authors of the books decided to add in either previously cut material from the main movie (pretty common, because most stories get tailored pretty hard before they reach post-production) as well as adding their own personal interpretations and background info that is then approved by the franchise owner.

It's also DRAMATICALLY easier to add more information to a novel than a movie, and while most movies can only last around 2-2.5 hours at the most, there's no real limit for how long a book can be besides how easy it is to carry.
>>
>>45589928
The stuff shown in Force Awakens on the other hand, comes in plastic wrap that keeps it preserved, is clearly very energy dense(thus small while still being valuable), is easily recognizable(only green thing on Jakku), and is backed by mr Junk Trader.

It doesn't have little if any other value, because it fulfills the other minimum criteria for a currency; everyone needs it constantly.

The lack of branding isn't an issue because there seems to only be the one guy trading food, and making fake food would be hard and get you lunched.

It's not something that would happen much in the real world, but since Jakku's economy(such as it is and what there is of it) is based entirely on selling junk, the person who transports the junk offworld has good reason to want to keep the junk flowing.
>>
>>45589849
JarJar Abrams wants you to think that Kyle Whine and Captain Who-Are-You? are the bad guys, when TR-8R/FN2199/Nines and General Hux are much more compelling.
>>
>>45589928
>has little if any other value in a society besides the possibility of being made into currency
This is the only trait that Sci-Fi super-dehydrated food is missing.

And by definition, no commodity money will meet that requirement, so
>An ideal *fiat currency is one that is
>>
>>45590075
There's still quite a few problems with any sort of food currency, and why it's never really used except as an absolute last resort.

First, the value of the food is almost certainly tied directly to Credits to begin with, because the Junk Trader has to sell the junk he gets somehow. Therefore, the food isn't the real currency, but a "scrip" of sorts - the true currency that determines the value of goods in the society is still Credits, but instead of being paid in Credits for their work, they're paid in food as a form of Company Scrip. The food ultimately isn't the currency of Jakku.

Also, what happens when you get hit with a sudden famine? You've lost access to not only your money and financial wealth, but also an absolutely essential resource that you need just to exist. How are you going to buy more from surrounding societies, of which there almost certainly are in any given setting? You don't have any money, because food is your money, and you don't have any food. Because of this, there's going to be little consumer faith in the value of the currency beyond bare-essential trading at the low levels.

It does seem like a logical thing, but there's a reason societies rapidly adopt some form of non-perishable/non-consumable currency when they get the chance to do so.
>>
>>45589341
You seem to be lacking a base understanding on what a Mary Sue is.
Mary Sue steals the show and makes it about herself, not 'Is the last of the Crystal Dragon Pony Unicorns who's sole negative attribute is she cares to much about her friends.'
The two just oft go hand in hand.
>>
>>45590225
The food is the currency of Jakku, because nobody seems to have anything else in that shithole but portions and junk. Due to the dehydrated and vaccum packed nature of the food it can be assumed that fat junk trader is having it brought in from off world, so he sells/trades junk for portions, though he's probably still low on whatever totem pole is in effect here because he has to spend all his time on that awful death world.
>>
>>45587998
>Will Smith
>White Male
>>
>>45590303
Check your eyes, it only says Male.
>>
>>45590290
Given how temporary (and portable) the shelters were, why wasn't the entire operation located immediately adjacent to the nearest large wreck?
>>
>>45590358
check your own filename, bubba
>>
>>45587869
Nigga, the Galaxy is a big place
yes there were people who met Luke and saw him swing his sword around
but there were also people, even in the rebellion, who only heard about Luke in stories and shit.
>>
>>45590373
It was at the intersection of a ton of large wrecks?

It was near a major trailhead?

It was a prime location for spacecraft to land?
>>
>>45590384
It's almost like filenames could be intentionally written wrong.
>>
>>45590586
why not just say 'oops, my bad' instead of getting defensive over it?
>>
>>45590373
Given there was a few craft sitting around, I assumed it was a mini-space port.

Also the food'n'junk trader was there. So maybe everything was there Because he was there.
You do generally want to stay near the food afterall.
>>
>>45590586
Then why did you tell him to get his eyes checked?
>>
>>45590606
>>45590621
I posted the pic originally, not >>45590358
or >>45590586

And I wrote the filename intentionally to be a little trolly.
>>
>>45590384
Not my image, kiddo.
>>
>>45589341
Who bravely and tearfully watched as her peace-loving homeworld was wiped out, no less.

Oh, and she was highly resistant to interrogation by fucking VADER. You know, the one the kid was trying to emulate. But somehow, she's not a Mary Sue.

And you know why? Because she isn't. And neither is Rey.
>>
>>45586991
He's got thugs.
>>
>>45587794
>They focused on space wizards that are supposed to be super god damned rare, but they are all over the place.
10,000 Jedi for a galaxy of ten million inhabited worlds.

Sounds fucking rare to me.
>>
>>45589928
>easy enough to physically produce that it can be done with a reasonably minimal effort
rubbish
>>
>>45592084
I'm pretty sure Vader left the actual interrogation to the TortureBall 5000, though, which is massively different to Kylo's force mind-raping.
>>
>>45592728
Well, what can you do with gold then, Mr. Smartass?
Gold teeth and less than few grams of gold per electronic circuit doesn't count.
>>
>>45592728
Fucking this

To be effective, a currency must be either:

>Extremely difficult to produce
and
>Have little value outside of being a currency
OR
>Extremely easy to produce
and
>Expendable in some use outside of liquid currency, but not perishable

If you mix the two you end up with either crazy inflation or crazy deflation. Bullets and coinage and bullets are respective examples. In this way, food that can be preserved indefinitely WOULD work as currency, ignore anyone who would say otherwise.
>>
>>45592780
>Gold
>Easy to produce
Go home Aristotle you're drunk on Sicilian wine again.
>>
>>45591082
That image is a joke, right?
>>
>>45587276
There you are. I was worried you died or something. /tv/ has moved on to shitting on Goat in a Shell or some such. Maybe you should rejoin them.
>>
>>45587209
> As far as anyone was concerned it was the greatest movie ever, and no one could say otherwise. The hype was on in full force, Star Wars mania took the world by storm, everything was Star Wars. EVERYONE loved Episode 1!

>Then as the hype faded, people started to look at the movie objectively.

TFA's hype is still going strong. Give it time and it'll be regarded in the same way the prequels are. I guarantee it.

Have to disagree here.

The issue is, the flip side for TFA is true too. 4chan is very much in the anti-circlejerk phase right now. The rest of the internet (especially reddit) love the film right now, so the posters here focus on the negatives and as you say, 'As far as anyone was concerned it was the worst movie ever, and no one could say otherwise'. Any mention of liking the film is shouted down by people telling you how bad it is.

Give it a while and maybe people will start to look at it objectively.
>>
>>45592703
For such a low ratio, they sure do show up a hell of a lot.
>>
>>45593541
Well the stories do tend to revolve around them, and they are figures of legend for most of the galaxy.
At their most casual and accepted they're elite warrior monkwizards that have secretive meetings and hobnob with galactic movers and shakers. Not someone an average criminal would meet.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RWW6aDpUvbQ
>>
>>45586901
It is literally just a barter economy with the primary means of trade being food itself instead of manufactured goods or raw materials.
>>
>>45593541
Yes, it's almost like the Jedi are not just randomly distributed around the galaxy. Like they are part of an organization which works together, an 'Order' if you will.
>>
>>45586925
Each portion is an MRE good for a soldier for one day
>>
>>45587943
Wasn't that the entire point of the movie?
>>
>>45586685
The aliens were really bad in that movie. It's like they were an afterthought.
>>
>>45586685
''Listen, mate, you can give me a better price or I can take these and find a better use for them, ya get me? Have ya noticed the amount of malcontents has risen a lot recently? Hmm?''
>>
We have wizards.
>>
>>45589928
Most of the time when practical currency like rations, ammo, water filters, anti-rad pills come up, authors are just not comfortable with idea of currency to begin with and want to depict barter, but would like an easy reference to values.
>>
>>45589928
>Not having a resource based economy in post apocalyptia
Fallout doesn't know apoc psychology, anon
>>
>>45589256
Socialism everyone
don't like it? Make your own food.
>>
>>45593426
>goat in a shell
Please, why is a hermit goat not a thing
>>
>>45595351
I imagined in Fallout Water Merchants would buy bottlecaps to seal their bottles. Since they offer the best commodity, people start using bottlecaps among themselves, expecting to sell them to WMs down the road if at all.

In Fallout 2 I assumed coins were backed by NCR. It was fairly stable to make them equivalent of USD.

Since Bethesda took over though, they opted to iconic element rather then making sense.
>>
>>45592780
Gold isn't currency because it's useless, it's currency because it doesn't rust.
>>
>>45595655

Would it be a goat that has a shell, or a goat that can hide inside it's horns?
>>
>>45587209
I'm not a fan of Star Wars. But I will always admire prequels for showing how retarded heroes actually lose.
>>
>>45595659
You're right. When clean water or ways of keeping it clean aren't very available then it makes sense.
When clean water AND bottle caps are as common as an irradiated breeze then it's retarded.
Also socialism>capitalism. Especially in post apocalypse. People aren't that greedy when it's easier to be shot than have to deal with your shit
>>
>>45595798
Both
>>
>>45595816
Small communities would be communist. I mean, how often do you trade with your closest family?
But Fallout doesn't depict intra-village economy.
>>
>>45595852
What's mine is yours, so whenever a friend or family needs or wants something
>>
>>45595922
What I'm saying is communism works when you know everyone, everyone is interconnected by good will and can go door-to-door to shame slackers and freeloaders.

But it doesn't scale up. Once mutual love and respect has to be supplemented by laws and institutions, system that can be gamed comes forth.
>>
>>45595954
People aren't naturally slackers and freeloaders. Those people are just in a certain situation, or are taught that they don't need to contribute.
>>
>>45596050
I'd have to disagree. Some people are scum, and will attempt to cheat the system; hell, even normal people will cheat the system from time to time. Have enough people cheat the system, and other people will notice and be upset that they're doing it and do it themselves, until the system falls apart.
>>
>>45598740
If it's a shitty system with no consequences.
>>
>>45596050
People are natural slackers. It's not natural to expend more energy then necessary, because in the wild hyperactivity will starve you.
>>
>>45598905
Doing nothing will starve you, silly willy
>>
File: 1432551735781.gif (1 KB, 210x230) Image search: [Google]
1432551735781.gif
1 KB, 210x230
>>45596050

>People aren't naturally slackers and freeloaders.
>>
File: 1362730572867.png (13 KB, 555x407) Image search: [Google]
1362730572867.png
13 KB, 555x407
>>45599394

>>45598980
>>>45598905
>Doing nothing will starve you, silly willy

>>45596050
>>>45595954
>People aren't naturally slackers and freeloaders. Those people are just in a certain situation, or are taught that they don't need to contribute.
>>
>>45598980
Yes. The correct answer is to do as little as possible to conserve energy.
>>
>>45594941
Depending on the food it could act as a proper medium of exchange, if not as a currency.
see >>45590075 >>45592810

>>45593588
>they're elite warrior monkwizards
They're elite smaurai-psychics
>>
>>45595852
Small communities would be vaguely communist, but there would be distinct valuable personal possessions (probably mostly jewelry, and certainly all easily carried).
>>
>>45587209
I liked episode 1.
You cannot tell me that Jar-Jar is worse then Ewoks.
>>
>>45595954
>What I'm saying is communism works when
Aaaaand there it is, you're already wrong.
Communism objectively *does not work* outside of absolute idealism.
We have a large body of evidence for this and none to the contrary.
It's not up for debate.

>But it doesn't scale up.
It doesn't work on small scales either.
The smaller your scale the further you can lean towards socialism, but you can only get so close.
>>
>>45592703
More Jedi than inhabited worlds have appeared in the movies.
>>
>>45590303
and he's not the only black guy in there too.
>>
>>45589928
Dude, ancient cultures used pre-currencies involving grain, cattle, and etc. Read history some time, nigger.
>>
>>45589849
>It was a good movie except for the writing

God, stop defending this piece of shit film already. This is worse than the prequel denial.
Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.