[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ERFWORLD - Bk 3 Pg 108
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (530 KB, 900x1245) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
530 KB, 900x1245
Predictamancy - Foolamancy linkup sweet.

Looks like Maggie and Lillith are protected by Fate as well as Wanda and Parson.
>>
>>45004285
So wait, what are they doing?
Dancing around the bad fate while aiming at the good?
>>
>>45004756
Using Predictamancy to predict where their invisible enemies (in blue) are, then using Foolamancy to create holographic targets where their allies (in red) should shoot to hit the aforementioned invisible targets.
>>
>>45004285
Marie and Jack are not, though. Someone's going to have to die to keep it interesting.

Unless it's just going to be their newest casters
>>
>>45004756
I think each dot is where someone from that color's team might attack.
It's impossible to say exactly where the attack will be but they're playing the odds. Avoiding areas of high probability and trying to position their troops in areas of low.

At least that's my take.
>>
>>45005330
>Unless it's just going to be their newest casters
That's a given
>>
I still don't get why Parson working for Charlie would have been such a bad thing.
>>
>>45004285
Wouldn't a "better" plan be throwing all your expendable units in line to get hit as many times as possible before croaking?
Quickly draining Charlie's coffers.
>>
>>45005835
Will this be the first time a Sean Bean character dies /twice/ in the same scene?
>>
Don't forget to drop your trip, ladies and gentlemen
>>
>>45005860
For the world as a whole Charlie would just use him to further manipulate the world and do more of what ever a Charlie does. So probably not much of a change.
For Parson though he would probably be actively working against people he has come to care for. And Charlie would most likely issue a lot of orders so he wouldn't have much free will.
>>
>>45005887
It's going to be a freaking Money Fight.
Every single hit is worth more schmuckers than most factions have ever accumulated at once.
>>
I really liked the eyebrow piercing Parson had in his charlescom getup.

Pegged him as a rebel right away.
>>
>>45005956
That was a butterfly stitch, over the cut where he had been bleeding from.

Turning cleaned him up, but presumably couldn't heal him.
>>
>>45004285
So... how does the truce factor in here? Charlie lost millions by accidentally firing through the portal and hitting Gobwin units as well as free casters. So is the truce off? Are they at war now? Are they at war with the magic kingdom?
>>
>>45008691
Truce is still on. Every single hit, whether a OHKO or a graze, incurs a 5 million schmucker penalty. That, along with busting the veils, is why they're doing the link up. Force them to spray and pray while you snipe headshots.
>>
>>45004285
They can't even loose all their schmuckers. The contract between gobwin knob and charlescom says that attempted to attack also counts as a breach of contract. So every archon that steps through the portal and open fires costs charlescom the penalty clause.
>>
>>45008691
The truce was set to last a certain number of turns, with no way to end it early. So there will be a lot of money going back and forth in this fight.

GK is probably going to get kicked out of the Magic Kingdom for this, but Charlie might just be able to spin it in his favor.

I mean, GK did steal his guns and use his portal (again). And it's completely true he wasn't aiming at any GK units or Magic Kingdom casters when the machine guns opened fire. Which they only did because of an action by Jack.

Charlie is completely innocent in this.
>>
>>45009164
Except he actually carnied his portal for any unit to go through, he sent an attack force to the kingdom to croak units there.

Meanwhile Parson can easily argue that the Magic Kingdom violated the neutrality first, by not guaranteeing the same freedoms that he grants to the same units that can go through portals, and had to bring his own bodyguards so he had the same freedom.

Parson brought a force to using a technicality in the portal working that is hard to replicate, while Charlie carnied his portal up for any invasion.

Parson will also likely be forced to reveal that Charlie is a Carny, while Lilith has his image in her head and she can do foolamancy. It also doesn't help that this whole thing was started by a Charlie committing a Croakamancy and Thinkamancy atrocity.
>>
>>45010439
Would outing Charlie as a carny have any negative repercussions for the knob gang though?
>>
>>45010439
Parson never had any right to be in the Magic Kingdom since he's not a caster. They wanted to keep him out because this is exactly what they feared would happen: if he abuses the neutrality of the Magic Kingdom, then soon others will react and do the same. Why shouldn't Charlie be able to defend himself against hostile forces using his portal? Or in this case, retrieve his stolen property. GK isn't playing by the rules, so Charlescomm is simply doing the same.
>>
>>45010439
>It also doesn't help that this whole thing was started by a Charlie committing a Croakamancy and Thinkamancy atrocity.
Hardly an atrocity. Everyone knows vivisecting captured enemy units is vital for unlocking research trees.
>>
>>45005896
No. Liam Neeson.
>>
>>45005330

Jack at the very least is likely connected to Wanda though.

>>45005887

Probably wouldn't be enough. Charlie's projections are that if he wipes out the entire GK contingent, he'd be out 140 million, and he has enough in the coffers to cover it.

Not to mention he plans on recovering it by seizing the capital and with it, GK's treasury. (Although Jed the Head is probably going to have something to do with protection from that prong)

>>45005994

Just to elaborate on this, when he's healed, he doesn't have it, even before he turns back.

>>45010439

That's not clear. It's pretty likely given Lillith's actions from before, such as not engaging even though she's not led by a warlord; that the gimmicking isn't the portal, it's the archons. They're at least enough of casters to go to and from portals.
In fact, that brings up a theory of mine. We haven't seen much about the Arkenshoes in actual use, but we've seen a fair bit of the hammer and the pliers, and in both cases, they extend what the user does rather than developing new powers themselves. Decryption is basically ultra-uncroaking. Stanley gets a wider variety of demonstrated abilities, but they're all tied to things that warlords do: He can tame (dwagons) better, he can fight better, he can lead better.

The Arkendish, on the other hand, seems to work in entirely different directions, intruding on the fabric of Erfworld itself and possibly creating new unit classes.

What do you guys think of the notion that Charlie attempted to use Carnymancy to modify the 'Dish itself?
>>
>>45012196
>What do you guys think of the notion that Charlie attempted to use Carnymancy to modify the 'Dish itself?

Maybe that's why fate wants to murder the shit out of Charlie, he's been messing with things he shouldn't be.
>>
File: 004[1].jpg (339 KB, 900x1234) Image search: [Google]
004[1].jpg
339 KB, 900x1234
>>45012196
>Stanley gets a wider variety of demonstrated abilities, but they're all tied to things that warlords do
So does that mean, assuming the hammer is amplifying the ability, that without it he can turn, say, every 500th walnut into a pigeon?
>>
>>45012876

I had forgotten that one, but at a weak guess, it's related to the ability to harvest nonspeaking units for provisions (it works the other way around too, remember the fight with Translyvito and Jillian near where Faq used to be?).
>>
>>45010940
Well nobody trusts Carnymancers, so the repercussions will probably be lesser.

>>45010970
That's arguable. Anyone that can walk through an uncarnied portal should have the same rights to access it.

Well and the Titans certainly seem to disagree considering JoJo dare of letting the Titans have the first shot in Book 2.
>>
>>45013002

Why is everyone assuming that it's the Charlescomm portal that's carnied and not the Archons?

Archons display a whole host of traits and independence that is pretty much unheard of for other units. Some of them can even provide leadership and things like dance-fighting. Wanda can have that telepathic connection with decrypted archons, but not other decrypted units. An unstacked Archon is capable of not engaging with a hostile side's units in its hex, something no other units can do.

There hasn't been anything yet revealed about Charlescomm's portal that indicates that it's different from any other portal. Plus, it makes an immediate strike at GK's capital very, very feasible, just do it the same way Parson did.it.
>>
>>45012196
It's been speculated that depending on the unit type the Arkentools will unlock different abilities.

Also Charlescomm has Archons yes, but he's the only side that can pop them. The Arkendish allows him to pop them faster and use them as relays.

Goyles from Transilvito are units that are extremely similar to Archons. So it's not new either.
>>
>>45013200

>Also Charlescomm has Archons yes, but he's the only side that can pop them. The Arkendish allows him to pop them faster and use them as relays.

And yet we've never seen any side that didn't have Charlie at the head deploy them.

>Goyles from Transilvito are units that are extremely similar to Archons. So it's not new either.

In that they're female units that cluster around a capital, yes. And I think they even have some natural spellcasting abilities. But there's no mention of them having natural leadership or anything approaching the level of independent thought that the Archons enjoy. It's really the last, that warlord-level of independence, that we don't see in any other unit type, which makes me suspect they've been tampered with somehow.
>>
>>45013122
Well i've read on the Erf forums that Independence and choosing not to attack is a property of being a Knight-class, which Archons are.

The telepathic connection is stated to be entirely due to the Thinkamancy special of the Archons, so an Archon without it wouldn't be connected to her, and any other unit with it would be. It's why Wanda had earlier suggested to let Maggie croak, so she could have a Thinkamancer directly linked to her.

If you want to see a difference in Charlie's Portal. It was orange before Lilith blew it's power fuse. Now it's yellow.
>>
>>45013358

>Well i've read on the Erf forums that Independence and choosing not to attack is a property of being a Knight-class, which Archons are.

I admit, I don't follow the Erf forums, but at least offhand, I can't remember any indication I've seen in the comic of that.

>If you want to see a difference in Charlie's Portal. It was orange before Lilith blew it's power fuse. Now it's yellow.

Pretty sure that's just the lighting that Lillith knocked out.

http://archives.erfworld.com/Book+3/120

It's a lot more yellower from the Charlescomm shot and orange in the MK shot.

One last bit of speculation I would add is Charlie's attitude towards his Archons. He seems to be interested in them above and beyond pure utilitarian purposes. His sense of confidence that Tondelayo and the other one carrying him to Topstation raised his comfort level. He seems to want the Archons to believe he's some kind of stud instead of a bloated cripple. That might just be a personal idiosyncrasy of Charlie's, but it's could also be because the Archons are different.
>>
>>45013306
>And yet we've never seen any side that didn't have Charlie at the head deploy them.
>Quote: Did Charlie pop anything but Archons? No. The capital could pop one every turn, or three every two turns if they had hired a Turnamancer. Few other cities could pop Archons at all, and all of those required multiple turns. This might or might not be a function of the Arkendish.

We also haven't any other side popping the same units are another side that wasn't men.
>>
>>45013473

>We also haven't any other side popping the same units are another side that wasn't men.

That's not quite true. In IPTSF, we hear that Charlie was carried away by a small group of Archons after Olive Branch tried to poison him: This was before the founding of Charlescomm, although it was still Charlie's side.

Still, Parson's interviewee doesn't state that other side's can't pop archons, merely about other cities. It is certainly theoretically possible that Charlescomm could expand, or has controlled other cities in the past that they have since relinquished.
>>
>>45013460
>One last bit of speculation I would add is Charlie's attitude towards his Archons. He seems to be interested in them above and beyond pure utilitarian purposes. His sense of confidence that Tondelayo and the other one carrying him to Topstation raised his comfort level. He seems to want the Archons to believe he's some kind of stud instead of a bloated cripple. That might just be a personal idiosyncrasy of Charlie's, but it's could also be because the Archons are different.
They're pretty much the only people in the world who don't want to kill him, and the only ones he can actually trust. It's the only reassurance he has.

Exploring how that connection was lost in Lilith was important to him because if he loses the archons, he's left with nothing.
>>
>>45013200
There does seem to be a designated theme for each Arkentool though. When the prince of Jetstone was using the pliers he could instantly kill any uncroaked unity.
Different ability but still related to the uncroaked.
>>
>>45015761
He wasn't attuned though, which means that the Pliers have that ability naturally.

Wanda can technically do the same to any uncroaked, and maybe decrypted.
>>
File: Numa_Numa.jpg (18 KB, 413x310) Image search: [Google]
Numa_Numa.jpg
18 KB, 413x310
>>45004285
Just a friendly reminder that they're dance fighting to the Numa Numa song.
>>
>>45013122
Charlie's portal let the bullets travel through, but then they seemed to bounce off another portal behind the three Beans. This would suggest that you can't normally shoot missiles through a portal.
>>
>>45016750
Wasn't it confirmed in one of the text updates that Charlie had carny'd up the Portal?
>>
>>45018275
Not specifically the portal just that he did something to allow the Archons to pass through the portal, and that they aren't aware that they're able to.
>>
The Magic system in this comic is my favorite part of it. I love comics like this where we get to see it front and center.
>>
>>45004285
>protected by Fate
Not necessarily. They are FATED for something.

That something may be "act as a human shield in front of Wanda&Parson".
>>
>>45005929
I kinda assumed Charlie would disband him.
>>
>>45012196
>That's not clear. It's pretty likely given Lillith's actions from before, such as not engaging even though she's not led by a warlord; that the gimmicking isn't the portal, it's the archons. They're at least enough of casters to go to and from portals.
Portal is still gimmicked though. They can shoot through it. We see shots pinging off other portals in the park.
>>
Erfworld is still alive? I stopped readfing when fatdude threw his sword into the lava. There was a huge hiatyus then, right?
>>
>>45024270
>I kinda assumed Charlie would disband him.
Personally I expected Charlie to try and lobotomize him. Keep him on the field so the fate was still there, just remove his ability to ever accomplish it.
>>
>>45025764
That was the end of book one. It's not a constantly serialized webcomic, it's divided into books.

We're in book 3 now.
>>
>>45025764
Yea and there's been a loooot of shit since then. Including plenty of prequels in between the ongoing story.
>>
Is there a decent download of all the erfworld comics besides saving them 1 by 1 off the website?
>>
>>45025772
Do we even know the specifics of what he's fated to do yet? The exact wording on these things tends to be important, and I find it suspicious how much is still being kept from him.
>>
>>45026290
There has been talk of him being fated to kill Charlie. No specifics that I can remember.
>>
>>45026290
>>45026312
According to Marie
>So, do I have to personally stick a sword in Charlie?
>Doesn't have to be a sword.
sounds like he very definitely has to personally kill the guy.
>>
>>45026312
>There has been talk of him being fated to kill Charlie.
Mostly from people who want Charlie dead. Parson really should be asking more questions.
>>
>>45026381
Yes they do, but they can see that "personally murder him in single combat" and "orchestrate the downfall that results in stabber #3245 doing so" are the same for them. Parson would prefer the latter.
But if they say that Fate wants the former, that has legitimacy.
>>
>>45026427
He asked that question. Marie said it had to be him holding the weapon. I agree that the exact wording should be known, but it is quite clear that Parson has to do it himself.
>>
>>45026427
That's what I mean about wording. Is Parson's fate specifically to 'kill' Charlie (directly or otherwise), or merely stop whatever it is he's planning. Or end his side, or whatever.

The Thinkamancers are pushing Parson down the 'kill' road, which would still satisfy the prediction, but would be more about what they want than what actually has to be done.
>>
>>45026601
>Is Parson's fate specifically to 'kill' Charlie (directly or otherwise)
Yes it is. The actual Fate on the summoning scroll is that Parson personally kills Charlie. He can't even do it as a strategist, he has to do it as a combat unit.
It is confirmed by Marie a couple pages before the current clusterfuck got up to speed when they were chatting in front of the portal.
>>
>>45026875
Again, only implied. We still don't know the exact details of the prediction, or even who made it.
>>
>>45027040
It is pretty heavy set.
The only way out of Parson sticking a sword in Charlie is that it doesn't have to be a sword per se. Option that he doesn't murder is rejected by everybody involved in the Fated scroll summon.
>>
The most likely theory is that Parson will kill Charlie by pulling the plug on his life support.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.