[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #619: Potato Powered Technology
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>IRC
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>Last Thread
>>44161267
>>
>>44176376
Just a thread reminder that everyone's husbandos and waifus are shit.
>>
File: Rey.jpg (39 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
Rey.jpg
39 KB, 630x420
>I forgot that this was supposed to be Rey Mysterio edition.

Goddamnit, quick everyone talk about Lucha and stuff!
>>
>>44176516
So then, do any of you wear a mask almost all the time you're in public?
Social masks count too, I guess.
>>
>>44176516
We need a Mucha Lucha jump.
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 600x450
>>44176415
>>
>>44176706
But of course! I've always been pretending to be human!

And not everything that pretends to be human is actually MORE than human. Some imposters are LESS.
>>
File: blankstare.gif (823 KB, 500x343) Image search: [Google]
blankstare.gif
823 KB, 500x343
>>44176706
Oh, absolutely. The usual 2D silhouette avatars are just understated enough to hide our true nature while also being accurate enough to be ominous.

And of course, if someone were to pull it off, they would die

Actually we did keep the luchadore mask from Jackie Chan Adventures for the next jump. But alas, it was part and parcel of a drawback so-we ended up having to bid it adieu after it started to get scruffy.

>>44176739
Digger's working on one, actually
>>
>>44176706
Public? No. Why would I wear my Cowl of the Gray Fox/Gray Cowl of Nocturnal in public? The Gray Fox is a myth after all, just something the beggars make up to scare people.
>>
File: kona3.jpg (11 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
kona3.jpg
11 KB, 300x168
>>44176706
> Social masks count too, I guess.
I like to pretend I'm a friendly and lovable person!

>>44176786
Quiet, me.
>>
>>44175520
>http://pastebin.com/8asWCynd
so is Khaannn! 200 CP or 300 total since it's something you have to choose?
>>44175870
Oh that would be an awesome jump.
>>
>>44176942
But I'm not you. I'm not anybody.

Or is that how you feel, too?
>>
>>44176977
Go away Mr Eaten (not that anyone named that exists), just play over there with your candles or something
>>
>>44177003
Oh, if only having no true identity actually gave all-devouring black hole powers.

Instead, it just leads to a life of 4chan posts and moral/mental/physical weakness.

But enough about that, let's discuss Jumps. Any incoming Jumps or updates you're looking forward to?
>>
>>44177195
The Macross update looks pretty awesome, from what I've seen of it.
>>
>>44177195
Well, apart from Sunless Sea, Blame! and maybe Transistor I've heard tell of a Bayonetta update so-that's vaguely cheering
>>
>>44177195
Enchanted Arms is surprisingly what I want most. All y'all messing with shit I don't know anything about when my forte is obscure Japanese videogames and old 80's anime.
>>
Is there any way to be basically the reverse of angra mainyu or to make an entity like it
>>
>>44177404
By pouring all of humanities goodness into someone than sacrificing them perhaps?
>>
>>44177195
It might be the nostalgia talking, but I'm pretty hyped about Chrono Trigger.
>>
>>44177195
What>>44177289 said, it might seriously screw up my chain but I'm looking forward to it.
>>
>>44177456
>Chrono Trigger.
Wait. This is happening? Like, it's legit happening? If that and Macross come out too close together I may explode in a shower of nostalgia bliss.
>>
Could you use the Certified Tech perk in Fallout to learn (or maybe just flat out know) how to make the implants (like GRX, Sub-dermal armor, and Monocyte Breeder) if you buy them? I want to put those implants in my Xcom troops if I can.
>>
>>44177590
I don't know why not. It's a pretty straight forward, reverse engineering / you know the tech from this verse perk. Those are all things from the verse that are constructed, they aren't bullshit magic perks, so it stands to reason that you'd be able to fabricate and install them.
>>
>>44177486
Wild Card's working on Chrono Trigger, yeah.

>>44177590
I think so?
>>
>>44177428
I don't think a sacrifice wouldn't it be willing if I wanted the opposite of evil
>>
>>44177661
>>44177665
Alright. That's good to know. That'll greatly help my Xcom soldiers.
>>
>>44177715
No clue I was just giving an answer.
>>
>>44177747
Ahh I'm sorry
>>
I feel we need a Jump for the greatest video game on the planet Fantasy world dizzy
>>
File: image.jpg (122 KB, 888x499) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122 KB, 888x499
>>44177195
Still waiting patiently for pic related.
>>
>>44177827
I think you spelled duke nukem wrong
>>
So for those who roll for jumps, what is the earliest you got Gurren Lagann, Darksiders or any such powerful jump?
>>
>>44177883
>>
>>44177195
SYMPHOGEAR IS COMING SOON I SWEAR.

I got two more episodes of GX.
>>
>>44177922
I rolled medaka box as my third jump I was underpowered ridiculously
>>
So, I have no idea about Familiar of Zero, how easy it is to fuck off from plot or any troubles in that jump and just survive?

Doesn't help that the jump is made oddly
>>
>>44178100
You can guck off but there is that apocalypse problem
>>
>>44178100
I'm pretty sure as long as you don't end up as Louise's familiar and stay away from the academy and any blonde elves with big tits, the plot will be stable enough to resolve itself.
>>
File: Antispiralnope.png (130 KB, 392x279) Image search: [Google]
Antispiralnope.png
130 KB, 392x279
>>44177404
...now, we of course have never done such a thing and never will but this DOES remind us of something Elodie did aeons ago. You'd need several things:

-A Conjoin Conjuresfication of either Let's Put Our Hearts Together from Generic Sugar Bowl and Anima from Final Fantasy: Revenant Wings
-Rumormonger from Persona
-The Water of Life from Five Star Stories
-Well of Purpose from FF14
-Synchronised Conjuration from FF Crystal Chronicles
-The Power of Friendship from Chroma Squad, and Analysis from Adventure Time
-The Gulug Stone from FF9
-App Master from Soul Hackers
-A mass of quantifiable and storable spiritual energy, like Eradia or Mantra

So what Elodie basically did was-travel the world scouting for individuals with truly benevolent intentions after a rigorous screening process to weed out the hanger-ons and well intentioned extremists. All the while spreading rumours of a Nebulous Good Thing happening at a certain mystic conflux on the planned date of the ritual. She also had her subordinates secrete Mantra collection units throughout society to gather a vast supply of spiritual energy. From which she filtered all the friendly aspects using a spiritual distillery.

On the day of the ritual she used the Gulug Stone to endow her recruits with the capacity for casting the conjoined spells. It was centered around a dais containing the Water and a great well containing the immense reserve of friendship energy. Then all at once she had them pool their benevolent intent to create-
>>
File: Antieh.png (139 KB, 399x330) Image search: [Google]
Antieh.png
139 KB, 399x330
>>44178216
-well, she flat-out refused to call it a god. And we refused to call it a spirit of friendship, but either way-it was this fluffy pink cloud that was the embodiment of hopes and dreams and trying to help people for no reward.

She didn't just let it go off on its' own, either. She spent, what, five years carefully teaching it about starting small and accepting others' differences? All kinds of behavior not befitting a deity. She even taught it to shapeshift to pretend to live as a human. It's almost like she wanted the entity to treat other sentient beings with empathy and equality instead of dictating what was best for them with its' superior form of existence. Absurd.

Elodie has since gone on to refine the process by including SCP 999's slime, aether and deitygen, because she's very creative about coming up with ways to rebel against us in a way that works on multiple levels. If we had a heart, it would be breaking to see her championing free will and the essential goodness of the human spirit after all these years.
>>
>>44178216
Thank you anti sempai
>>
>>44178168
>>44178143

I literally have no idea what that means, someone explain the setting
>>
>>44178262
It's beautiful
>>
>>44178283
Most of the stuff will solve itself, but the giant flying rocks that are currently underground will start flying at some point and the continents they're under won't be very happy with that, what with the whole apocalyptic situation as they all fall and die and what-not.
>>
>>44178283
The apocalypse they're talking about is the fact that for some reason a huge amount of wind elemental mana is building up underground, turning the rock into anti-gravity "windstone" crystals. Eventually they're going to reach a critical mass and rip free into the sky, and in the process they're going to cause civilization-ending earthquakes. There's pretty much nowhere on the continent that's safe. The magic Pope knows this, and has started the local version of the Crusades to conquer elven lands and possibly make a safe haven that way. Of course, the elves have a very small territory, so even if it works most of the world is going to die. Also, the elves don't know about the windstone buildup, it's not like they're trying to hog the safe zone to themselves. As far as they know humanity just up and decided to genocide them for no good reason.
>>
>>44178317
>>44178374

Could I just fuck off into my warehouse? Or make a ship running on Spiral energy from Gurren Lagann, doesn't have to be big, and fuck off into space, and be safe?
>>
>>44178374
Is there a way to subvert the mana (like, eat it) or does mana not work that way in FoZ?

I'm suspecting the late author had something planned for it that wasn't just rocks rise everyone dies.

>>44177195
I've actually been planning for some gauntlets, but those don't seem to be as popular. Anybody want to be a bald suit wearing killer for hire?
>>
>>44177871
What is pic related?
>>
So Faction Fort from Dragon Age Inquisition, so how it works? There is a fort in the jump, but there will also always be similar type of fort in any of my Future Jumps, and there is also a version attached to the Warehouse, but the one attached to Warehouse is not the same as those in other jumps... But it says the upgrades to the fort carry. But they are NOT the same fort. So do they mean upgrades to the forts in jumps, or upgrades to the fort in Warehouse affecting the jump forts?
>>
>>44178409
Sure, "fuck off to space" is almost always a solution. Ducking into the warehouse, too.

>>44178462
Maybe? It's not something that anyone in the series who knows about it is considering as a viable option, but it's possible some out of context abilities like Jumpers are so fond of throwing around might be able to do it.
>>
>>44178462
The main problem with that is this is fantasy setting. They can't even drill to the windstones, let alone drain the mana.

You however can try. Just fanwank it, the only thing that upsets me about the FoZ jump is that I can't change the plot if I want to see how it actually ends.
>>
How powerful are Bayonetta Angels? Because I picked up Lumen Sage and I want to know how they'll do when fighting the Demons in DMC.
>>
>>44178462
I would enjoy being a bald suit wearing killer for hire, though I would prefer to do so with the meagre powers I've acquired so far.
>>
>>44178838
Bayonetta in general operates on a tier of power higher than DMC. Oddly enough relative to THEIR demons in-universe, Bayo angels tend to be more numerous and organised but individually less formidable.

Still-compared to DMC demons they're definitely a force to be reckoned with. In particular your "regular" summons-the Audito-could kick around most of the boss demons except real higher-ups like Mundus
>>
So how does the Faction Fort from Dragon Age Inquisition work? Do all of the Forts on all jumps share improvements except the Warehouse one? Does it keep appearing in future jumps?

How does it work?
>>
File: image.jpg (300 KB, 1280x854) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
300 KB, 1280x854
>>44178491
Girls und Panzer.
>>
>>44179251
Don't we already have that?
>>
File: image.jpg (678 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
678 KB, 1920x1200
>>44179489
Not yet, unless I missed a thread.
>>
Yo Dirge-now, I'm sure there's a good reason for this but why is the Yen Xing priced so far above all the other robot chassis in Five Star Stories? Just how powerful is this advanced technology the other mechs don't posess? Exactly how far above the other models is a Yen Xing with a Flame Speid in combat capacity? Surely it can't be anywhere near the planet buster weapon?
>>
>>44178462
The impending windstone apocalypse was apparently caused by the magical ecosystem getting unbalanced as a consequence of the war between the ancient Void users and the native supernaturals thousands of years ago - oh look, it's the plot to every Arrogant Humans Messing With Nature movie ever.

My wild guess for the author's solution is therefore probably something involving the Humans and Elves putting aside their differences blah blah...

>>44178515
For a jumper's solution? Regardless of cause, as an ecological disaster the first thing that comes to my mind is that it's fixable by the Let's Put Our Hearts Together world-healing perk from Generic Sugar Bowl jump.
>>
>>44177293

I'm so sorry about my slow pace anon, feels like forever since I began work on White Knight Chronicles, and then I have the Bloodborne Update scheduled for after that. Enchanted Arms will be a while yet, but I am gonna get it done eventually.
>>
>>44178462
You could try using alchemy (FMA/JTTW) to open up pressure vents to try, and bleed out the mana at various points across the planet. From the sounds of it bleeding this mana off is the way to go here. Otherwise you could figure out how to make cities float, make water cities to return to land afterwards, or just create wellsprings and establish magical formations that periodically create huge crystals of wind mana.
>>
Is anyone working on a Fallout 4 Jump?
>>
Is there any way I can get lancalots np what would that be ranked
>>
>>44180048
He has multiple noble phantasms. Which do you want? The rank should be on the wiki.
>>
>>44179918
I'd think that falls under the umbrella of the Fallout jump. Maybe a single perk/background but that's about it.
>>
>>44180048
Knight of Honor (the one that makes any weapon he holds his NP) is A++. For Someone's Glory (the black fog that hides his identity and lets him shapeshift to other heroic spirits) is B. Arondight is A++.
>>
>>44180093

There're quite a few things that Fallout 4 adds or confirms that could be incorporated - particularly if the heavily restricted scope of the jump is changed.

Just a Synth background would be enough though, true.
>>
>>44180069
>>44180148
Knight of honour is the one thank yall
>>
>>44179509
Russian team is best tank team.
>>
>>44180166
Plus 4 takes place 10 years after the current jump. The game is pretty different from the previous ones so i don't think it would be too much of an issue
>>
>>44179918
>>44180093
>>44180166
>>44180390

People have expressed an interest in a FO4 jump, but the problem is that 1) Whoever writes it has to make it sufficiently different from the current Fallout jump, and 2) Someone has to write it.
Plenty of people have expressed the idea that FO4 has enough new stuff for its own jump. It's not even that hard to come up with ideas. The problem is getting one of those people to write something.
>>
>>44180390
It starts well before the first jump, though, so you've got the potential for that as well. I agree that it should be it's own thing.
>>
File: image.jpg (128 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128 KB, 1280x720
>>44180367
Lies, blasphemy, and propaganda.

Ameriboos best boos.
Volleyball Team best team.
Type 89 worst tank.
>>
>>44180449
Fight me Mate.
>>
Jumpers! I want to get my knight on. Which jumps give you the best body armor for style and/or tanking?
>>
>>44180510
Overlord has some good stuff, despite being a shit jump.
>>
>>44180510
DnD jumps or any fantasy jump
>>
>>44180510
Macros. Go buy yourself some Zentradi power armor.
>>
>>44180564
Do note that the update Red is working on includes customization options for both mecha and power armor, so if that anon's willing to wait a bit they'll be able to get really nice armor from there.
>>
File: image.png (39 KB, 406x179) Image search: [Google]
image.png
39 KB, 406x179
>>44180475
Let's fucking go.
>>
>>44180592
At this rate I'm gonna have to go mug some other jumps so I can roll into Macross with extra CP
>>
>>44180548
The PDF for Overlord on the drive tries to print itself when I open it. Looks like the file's got some javascript embedded in it?
>>
>>44180612
>dat pic
Fucking hilarious
>>
>>44180645
Indeed it is,even if only the height thing is true.
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 496x643) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 496x643
>>44180510
I think the ODST gear is pretty styling.
But that's just my opinion.
>>
>>44180510
Fallout has nice power armor.
>>
File: image.jpg (326 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
326 KB, 1920x1080
>>44180701
Yes ODST is stylish in comparison to Mjolnir. All you have to do to improve is plop on an energy shield and fix the EVA problem.

I find it interesting how little time UNSC armor can spend in space. ODST can last 15 minutes while Mjolnir is 90 minutes.
>>
>>44180952
Well, there's not much room for oxygen storage in there.
>>
>>44180975
That makes sense, especially considering that they're Drop troopers not meant for EVA operations.

Speaking of Halo armor, did anyone snatch the Spartan IV augments and armor? It never hurts to be able to make super soldiers.
>>
>>44180952
Mjolnir v1 and ODST armor are about equal to me. Mjolnir has that imposing fact to it, but ODST looks decidedly more military.

Mjolnir V2 is shit though. Looks like fucking skateboard pads. Which suits the shitness of SPARTAN IVs I guess.

Fucking 343
>>
>>44180510
I would have to say marvel just because of Ironman. There have been so many variations on the Ironman armor that at least one of them will have to appeal to you. Since you can buy a knockoff version of his armor you can make it look like whichever one you want.
If you want some more form fitting power armor you might try Bubblegum Crisis.
>>
Latest update for Street Sharks
http://pastebin.com/8asWCynd

Now I still gonna need a capstone for Seavitae. Also gonna need some equipment or something for Seavitae and Street Sharks. Although they don't really have a lot of equipment, they have Bends.
>>
File: Give her the protection.jpg (151 KB, 670x870) Image search: [Google]
Give her the protection.jpg
151 KB, 670x870
>>44180510
Mount and Blade, if you want a legit knight.

90% of jumps if anything else, honestly
>>
For the Boufbowlobolo capstone in Wakfu, does it only work for 'Boufballs', and how do you get/make more of them in other jumps?
>>
File: sig.jpg (8 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
sig.jpg
8 KB, 150x150
>>44176376
Me again.

Jump 35: Harry Potter
>Background
Alias: Jane Doe
Sex: Female
Drop-In
>House
Rolled 4: Hufflepuff
>Skills & Abilities
Occlumency--perfect poker face, magical mental defense
Natural Potioneer--potions prodigy, never screw up and often improve upon recipes.
Technomage--natural talent for mixing magic and technology. Easily make electronics and such work around Hogwarts and other such places.
>Gear
Wand--Cherry wood, kitsune tail hair core, 8 inches,
Potion Reagents--small case with refilling store of common magical potions ingredients
Philosopher's Stone--stone that produces Elixir of Life and transforms metals into gold
>Complications
Bully Teacher--one of the core subject teachers has it in for me, intent on making miserable and getting me expelled. Either Snape not liking that a "muggleborn" 'puff is doing better at potions than his precious pureblood Slytherins, or Sinestra taking issue with my frequent and unsubtle claims of having seen many of the stars and planets she blathers about in person.

This one's a lot of fun. A lot of my Jumps being in the order they are is for build up to shenanigans in this one.
>>
>>44181649

Start by making friends with Harry at Diagon. Ollivander makes the custom wand in exchange for a number of my tail hairs for him to experiment with. Use knowledge of books to set up events a certain way, such as being in the girls' bathroom to intercept the troll and bash its skull in with its own club, earning me the nickname "Troll Slayer" among the students. Also, set Harry up to be friends with Neville and Hermione instead of Ron and Hermione, and go with the three of them to retrieve the Philosopher's Stone. Replace it with a shiny bit of garnet and squirrel it away in my Warehouse. Second year is pretty boring, since I broke into the Gryffindor common room and stole Riddle's Diary from Ginny. It, along with Ravenclaw's Diadem, becomes raw material for experimentation on how to destroy a Horcrux without basilisk fangs or Fiendfyre. Also, I made the Hufflepuff Quidditch Team as the best Beater in the school. Not many people have been able to hit a bludger with enough accuracy to make it hit the other bludger to knock the quaffle out of the air on its way to an unprotected goal.

I let third year play out as in the book because I was bored the year before and definitely not because I forgot about the whole Sirius in Azkaban thing. Left things along right up to letting Wormtail get away--being unconscious makes it so much harder to escape. So Sirius is exonerated, but is still in no condition to take care of Harry. Also, at some point, it became known to the school that I'm a Kitsune. Start pushing Harry and Hermione together.
>>
>>44181669

Fourth Year was fun. Sooo much fun. Entered myself in the tournament as the only constestant from the Chuck Norris School of Badass. Complete all the tasks, but end up with no points for the third because I threw my dragon through the arena wall without using magic, and then earthbent the mermaid city up from the lakebed to become an island, then rescue all the hostages without getting my shoes wet. Of course, the whole thing was a setup to get Voldemort and all his followers together so that I could have my droids come in and blast them all to kingdom come, then have a bit of gloating over Voldie by showing him all of his horcruxes before kicking his new skull in.

Pretty quiet after that. Stuck around the remaining years, learning magic and meshing technology and such. Got Harry and Hermione together, and Neville and Luna.
>>
>>44181689
Did you do any of the scenarios?
>>
>>44181717
Considered it, but no. Closest I would have gotten is exterminating the ministry of magic.
>>
>>44181455
>Uberhaifischmench turns your white blood cells into tiny sharks
That sounds absolutely incredible. Unfortunately, I don't know enough about the series to offer any suggestions for what you could add.

Quick question, what happens if a human background take a perk like Uberhaifischmench, Khaannn!, or Shark Attack? Drop-ins can probably justify it by being a drop-in, but what about Research Assistants? Is there some clever justification for why and how we can do that stuff, or should we just fanwank something?
>>
>>44181810
>Research Assistant
>Justification for weird genetic stuff
Come on, Anon, are you even trying?
>>
File: image.jpg (223 KB, 680x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
223 KB, 680x960
>>44181689
>threw my dragon through the arena wall without using magic,
I like your style, though I personally went with a shoulder fired anti-tank rocket.
>>
>>44181455
As an amusing side note to something in the setting and jump, none of the street sharks can breathe underwater. Moby Lick, however, can. Think about that for a moment and how hilarious it is, considering his genetic base.

A hulk-out mode might work for the Seaviates 600cp, I seem to recall the electric eel dude having that happen once.
>>
>>44181631
Man, I don't curve at all. That thing would be painful as hell.
>>
>>44181940
I think it was something they forgot. Seeing how the first time they escape from military is via the water.
>>
>>44182238
Yeah, it's just something that amused the hell out of me when re-watching the series.

Now that I think about it it was the squid-man that had a hulk-out mode.
>>
>>44181918
Well, "Troll Slayer" was getting stale, so I decided I should do something to get a new nickname. Unfortunately, they decided to just go with "Scary."

Forgot to say, took Arithmancy, Runes, and Care of Magical Creatures. Fourth year was fun.

>Sit at the Gryff table for lunch, giving no fucks.
>Everyone knows at this point about being a kitsune, but only friends know about my blue toxic blood.
>Say, "So, good news is Hagrid was right about the female skrewts sucking blood. Bad news is Hagrid's now down a skrewt. Good news is Hagrid's now down a skrewt."
>Hermione bang head on table again.

>Walk right into the Gryffindor common room, remembering the passwords from the books.
>Hermione asks, "Jane, if you were raised in an orphanage in Kent, why do you have an American Southern accent."
>"Lots of planets have an American South...wait, that hasn't come out yet...You can take the girl out of the South but can't take the girl out of...can't take the South out of the America....Fuck you, that's why."

>This happens every other month or so
>Sit with Harry, Hermione, Neville, and Luna.
>Say, "I have a cunning plan."
>Hermione, "God fucking dammit, Jane, no. No. I don't care what it is, I'm not doing it."
>"Glad to see your vocabulary has improved, Hermione."

More and more shenanigans.
>>
>>44182360
How would hulk out mode work?
>>
>>44182397
More shenanigans, eh? Tell us! Tell us!
>>
>>44182446
If I remember the episode correctly he gained a bout half again his usual size and was so tough and strong the sharks were bouncing off him, even Slamoo failed to so much as knock him back.

I think it also made his poison even more potent as well.
>>
>>44182462

>Choosing classes
>"Hermione, Muggle Studies would be a waste of time. You know more about it than any Pureblood."
>Hermione, "Not all Purebloods are ignorant of the Muggle world, Jane."
>"Weasley! Oi, Weasley! I'll give you five galleons if you can spell 'electricity' without help."
>Ron, "Uh...E, L, E...K...L...I...."
>"The prosecution rests."

>Fourth year, after enduring libel and gossip, invite Rita Skeeter over for tea and an interview.
>Skeeter, "I'm surprised at you, Miss Doe. I had the feeling you didn't like me."
>"I think we just made poor impressions on each other. Sugar in your tea?"
>"Oh, yes please."
>Several Weeks Later
>Skeeter is in St. Mungo's with an unexplained illness, complaining of fatigue, nausea, and sudden hair loss.
>Pay her a midnight visit.
>"Hello, Rita Skeeter. Did you enjoy your tea? Don't sit up. Don't bother asking for the healers, either. I am glad to see that wizards are just as susceptible to alpha radiation as normal humans are. You really shouldn't have had that sugar in your tea--it overpowers the flavor of the leaves. And, of course, the polonium I mixed in with it is horribly toxic if ingested. Though you've likely already figured that out--looks like I got here just in time. Rita Skeeter, you attacked me, but not with any weapon that could actually hurt me. I could let that pass. But you hurt my friends. Your words caused an innocent little girl to be sent to the Hospital wing. I thought I made it clear to you that I protect my own. Goodbye, Rita Skeeter."
>>
>>44182737
Dudette. People with grudges come back as ghosts.

This might not have been your brightest plan.

Also, murdering a libelous reporter is a bit disproportionate. Why not just sue them into oblivion or gaslight them?
>>
>>44182737

>Since I can't seem to lose my accent, no matter what language I'm speaking
>Harry asks, "Jane, if you've been alive for three and a half centuries, do you remember any of these wars Binns keeps going on about?"
>"Harry, you know that I ain't done one assignment for History of Magic. Besides, I was in America or Japan for most of my life. Did fight in a couple of wars, though. You're talking to Lieutenant Commander Jane Doe of the U.S. Navy, flying an F4-U Corsair with the 557th Joint Fighter Wing. And I can't forget trying to hold the Union boys out of Arkansas--didn't work, mind, but we gave our damnedest."

>Despite being a genius, with magical talent and power out the wazoo, was actually a very middling student when looking at averages of grades.
>Never once attended History or Astronomy. Only ever went to Lupin's and "Moody's" DADA.
>Snape always docked points because I'd turn in my homework on paper from a typewriter instead of quill and parchment, because fuck that. Never mind that I charmed it to hold a spool of paper the thickness of my shiny new troll club in a secret compartment and the uniform letter size means I can't write bigger to add length, it isn't "Traditional"

>April 1st is the Weasley Twins' birthday, and everyone's prepped for pranks and hijinks if the last two years are any indication. The teachers kept a close eye on them, and Percy especially was ready to rat them out to the nearest authority. But no one, but no one, was expecting for a deinonychus to burst into the Great Hall during dinner, riding a huge mole/dog thing, wearing a Stetson, with a lightsaber in one claw and a Browning M1 in the other.
>"THIS WAS TOTALLY NOT THE WEASLEY TWINS' FAULT!"
>Fire some blanks, slice off a torch, and run back out.
>>
File: Breaking Potter.jpg (18 KB, 568x346) Image search: [Google]
Breaking Potter.jpg
18 KB, 568x346
>>44182737
I sense a disturbing lack of southern drawl in your revenge gloat. Your shenanigans are amusing however so it gets a pass.
>>
>>44181669
>>44181689
>>44182397
>>44182737
>>44182940
I bestow upon you the tumblr crown of LOL IM SO RANDUM
>>
>>44182737
Definitely agree on Muggle Studies. There's only two reasons to take it - easy O, and entertainment value. Although honestly I'm not sure how easy an O it'd be - odds are I'd have to struggle to be stupid enough to actually pass.

Rita, though? That's a pretty shitty thing to do to someone, especially who hadn't actually done anything but be a prick to you. Plus, I'd put good money on there being magical treatments for radiation poisoning, or at least ways to detect foreign substances in the body.
>>
File: implying.jpg (15 KB, 640x273) Image search: [Google]
implying.jpg
15 KB, 640x273
>>44182849
...what? Dude. She's Rita Skeeter. She's only SLIGHTLY less worthy of revenge than Umbridge.
>>
>>44183223
...no? She's basically a real world ethic-less reporter except with the ability to turn into a hard to see flying bug. Unless you go around slaughtering tabloid writers, I don't see how she comes even close to Umbridge the child torturer.
>>
>>44183287
So massive invasion of privacy, stalking, and slander aren't enough? Especially when it's established that without some very solid blackmail, she'll keep doing whatever she pleases.

If her nonsense caused the injury of one of my friends, I would likewise retaliate disproportionately.
>>
File: STANDO.png (134 KB, 375x549) Image search: [Google]
STANDO.png
134 KB, 375x549
>>44183287
How bad is it that when you mentioned the bug thing i totally thought of Tower of Grey from Jojo
>>
>>44181455
I feel like Assistant's perks are pretty much all "the same but better." I like more diversity in my weird shit. I also don't understand what the Radical Inventor perk actually does.
>>
>>44183326
That's literally par for the course for a tabloid writer or paparazzo. Only difference really is that she turns into a physical bug instead of bugging phone lines.
>>
>>44183326
I bet a libel lawsuit in Muggle Court would take the wind out of her sails a lot more effectively. You could probably get her held in contempt if you played your cards right.
>>
>>44183326
For a slow and painful death? No. No that stuff isn't quite on the level of torturing children and adults, supporting a genocidal regime or murder.
>>
>>44183389
I would also argue that given how the vast majority of the Wizarding population seems to take it as gossip, it's much worse overall.

Of course, I suppose I'd rather that be the news standand rather than the Cosmo and National Enquirer equivalents.
>>
>>44182940
still me, moved to tablet.

>it's September. that certain season is upon us. we're teenagers (mostly). you know what that means.
>"Harry. Harry, wake up."
>Harry, "Wha? Jane? it's five in the morning."
>"i have an itch i need your help scratching."
>Harry, "Wait, what? Jane, what if the others see?"
>desperate whine, "Harry, please! I need you!"
>he gets this cute flustered look as i drape my tails over his arms.
>Harry,"o...okay. I'm ready if you are, Jane."
>"Good!"
>slap a set of brushes in his hand.
>"that one's for the ears, that one's for the tails, and that one's for the hair."
>Harry, "but...itch...i thought..."
>"my winter coat is coming in, and it itches something terrible. be a dear and brush out all the old fur? there's a good lad."
> that's right. shedding season.

>>44182849
>>44183173
i may or may not be a shitty person. my thinking is that most weird aren't around enough Radiation to really know what to do with it. or how to treat it.
>>
>>44183408
Except she doesn't publish anything for muggles, and the wizarding courts don't seem to give a shit.
>>
File: DOOT DOOT.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
DOOT DOOT.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
Tell me about your instrument, /jc/. You play one, right?
>>
>>44183408
I'm pretty sure that would run into the minor issue of wizards mindwiping everyone every time you try to present evidence.
Or her just doing it to everyone involved herself, for that matter.
>>
>>44183450
It's still in writing, so it's still libel. Doesn't matter if it's not distributed to the general Muggle population - that just affects damages, and what you really want is an injunction.
>>
Jumpers, will they forgive you for leaving?
>>
>>44183498
The ministry of magic would block you on the grounds that you can't present evidence to a muggle court without breaking wizarding laws.
>>
>>44183502
Nobody'll miss me when I'm gone, I'm sure.

I mean, I could've been a regional champ back in Pokemon, and instead I spent my days turning my team into a jazz band. All that wasted potential, huh?
>>
>>44183453
My instruments are a bit unique, but they get the job done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDlif8Km4S4
>>
>>44183461
Reminds me of my journey through the Potterverse. I hit it after Dresden, when I went Warden... Long story short, I decapitated a third of Magical Britain, and I honestly don't feel guilty. Fucking Warlocks.
>>
If I take the "Ire of the Lich King" drawback in the warcraft 3 jump, would i be safe in Stormwind? or the Undead scourge could manage to conquer it?
>>
>>44183453
Not counting my voice?
I'm partial to the Violin or the Guitar
>>
>>44183461
i play the violin, focusing on classical, rock, and irish folk music. never for money, just as a hobby and creative release.

>>44183438
one last shenanigans for tonight.
>"Hermione. Hermione, wake up."
>"Jane, you had better not be naked this time."
>"I'm not naked, I promise."
>"Jane, why aren't you wearing anything?"
>"what? I'm fully covered, i sure you. the very nerve of you to suggest that I'd break a promise made to a friend. why, I've got half a mind to--"
>"if you're fully covered, why don't i see any clothes on you?"
>"it wouldn't be a very good Invisible Cloak of you could see it, more would it?"
>"......i hate you, just a bit."
>>
Ah yes. Harry Potter.

Good times were had. Especially when I started playing matchmaker.

Harry/Fleur was pretty much old hat, but Luna and Malfoy was inspired if I say so myself.
>>
>>44183690
And just like that, I think you're a creepazoid now.
>>
>>44183389
>>44183424
I stand by my statement. She's the magical Ann Coltier. I'd probably have made it quicker instead of killing her with radiation poisoning, but... well. That was a jump where I had a horcrux. I was slow to anger, but once my anger was roused... well, let's just say that Umbridge was given three strikes. She used them up before she got the chance to fire Dumbledore. Accidents do happen, after all.
>>
>>44183715
three and a half centuries had eroded away any sense of modesty i had, especially after Career Model. what exactly makes me a Creepazoid?
>>
>>44183753
>She used them up before she got the chance to fire Dumbledore
That long?
You're a better man than I Crux.
>>
>>44183759
How old was Hermione?
>>
>>44183753
>>44183780
You guys are crazy, then again not everyone has a luck controlling stand, and I did brutally assault her. She just wasn't physically harmed, however her luck was in tatters after that, not sure what happened to her in the end, she just sort of vanished a couple days later.
>>
>>44183831
sixteen...ish? don't remember if it was before or after her birthday that year. definitely old enough to be tired of my bullcrap.

besides, it's not like i was trying to get her naked. that was Harry's job.
>>
>>44183876
Thanks for clearing that up. It would be very creepy if she was twelve.
>>
>>44183837
I didn't do much to Umbridge in particular, other than the assorted things I did to the school as a whole.

I did undermine her by not ever showing up to her detentions or doing anything she said. Mainly by quoting some bullshit bylaw that said that if you didn't have [some ridiculous number] OWLS and NEWTS, then you weren't really a teacher and thus I was not obligated to follow her directions. And then repeatedly reminded her that torture is illegal.
>>
>>44183944
Oh, and I enchanted her to always see that bullshit bylaw in every handbook she read.
>>
File: Jason.jpg (36 KB, 560x445) Image search: [Google]
Jason.jpg
36 KB, 560x445
Reminder that while you may be horrible at times, you'll never be as horrible as Nasuverse's Jason or Sir I Want to Use the Grail to Rewrite Reality To Suck My Cock
>>
>>44183922
not sure how that's any creepier considering I'm the one without clothes, but whatever.

i actually feel kinda bad. her teeth were already a sore spot for her, and all the crap i put her through started her on grinding her teeth, which her dentist parents were not happy about. she had to wear a mouthguard and a retainer until she was twenty and hadn't significantly interacted with me for three years.
>>
>>44184060
>not sure how that's any creepier considering I'm the one without clothes, but whatever.
Let me explain it in simpler terms.

Out of context it seems like you're acting like a pedophile.
>>
>>44184020
>Sir I Want to Use the Grail to Rewrite Reality To Suck My Cock
Clarify? Because that's kind of what making a wish IS.

Do you mean literally? He wanted a blowjob from the universe? Like, he wanted to have sex with Type-REALITY? (Is that a thing? Fucking Nasuverse.)
>>
>>44184060
Just, just stop.

The hole you've dug is deep enough.

>>44184020
What'd he do this time?
>>
>>44184060
>not sure how that's any creepier considering I'm the one without clothes, but whatever.
...You're not sure how stripping off in front of a twelve year old and lying to them to get them to look at you is creepy?
Anon...
>>
>>44183596
You know, I want to argue with that, but they kinda are Warlocks, aren't they? Three and Four are basically not even considered crimes except in one instance, and they break Six and Seven often enough.
>>
>>44184127
>What did he do this time?
Well, he wants to find the Ark of the Covenant so he can gain ULTIMATE POWAH, and Medea ends up turning him into a demon. (Forneus, I believe?)
>>
>>44184111
>>44184127

The really simple way to put it is without translations is:
Gilgamesh has less of an ego than Jason. Grade A asshattery
>>
>>44184060
You've exposed yourself, tera!

If you aren't tera, then stop acting like him and exposing yourself to minors and being a total bitch to the well meaning and somewhat socially awkward female lead. Between slow painful deaths for libel, continued 'randomness' (it isn't funny, for ref), and dedicated furryness... You're coming off as an edgy Mary Sue, and not even an amusing one.

Just a bitch. Er, a genuinely unpleasant person. That I need to clarify that so you don't play off it is annoying.
>>
>>44184169
The wiki doesn't really explain. But he went and become a demon king? I didn't even realize Nasu had demons worth a damn. I thought they were jokes that could possess people but at a hint of resistance get expelled.
>>
>>44184204
There;s some weird demon bullshit going on in Grand Order, I dont remember exactly what happened

But most of the plot of Grand Order is wacky shenanigans. Like Blackbeard's everything
>>
>>44184151
Nope. Because the Potterverse doesn't have the same laws of metaphysics as the Dresdenverse.

Frankly, the "Warden" who managed to decapitate an entire third of Magical Britain without feeling any guilt, under the belief that they were all Warlocks? I know who'd I'd be worried about having gone Warlock, and it wouldn't be the ones missing their heads.
>>
>>44184151
>Three and Four are basically not even considered crimes except in one instance, and they break Six and Seven often enough.
Technically they can't break any of those laws except maybe the 6th, since those are all based on using Dresden magic to do those things. Using HP magic to do one of the things would no more violate them than using a sword violates the First, plastic surgery violates the Second, or legal bindings (or slavery, for that matter) violate the Fourth.
And given the Sixth was made to prevent paradoxes, while HP time fuckery seems to make stable time loops...
>>
>>44184292
For the record can we just say time travel is silly?
>>
>>44184254
Aren't the Dresdenverse laws social instead of metaphysical? They're something the White Council established for the sake of governance, not inherent rules of magic. That doesn't excuse mass summary execution, though.
>>
>>44184312
Killing people with Magic in Dresden Verse makes you into a Psychopath. They do in fact have psychological effects on the magic user.
>>
>>44181647
WakfuAnon? Anyone?
>>
>>44184328
Do the others? Because the laws in question are the ones about messing with minds and the fabric of space-time. Those seem more like things that could have repercussions if used wrongly rather than inherent ones. Granted, with how easy it is for things to go wrong with those disciplines I'd understand if they didn't see there being a distinction.
>>
>>44184328
does that persist after the jump? I remember that it says that you can just use other magic, but sometimes you just forget, you know?
>>
>>44184382
>>44181647
I vaguely recall him mentioning either in thread or in IRC that it works with any spherical object of roughly the same size, or could be easily adapted to do so later on.

Don't quote me on that, though.
>>
>>44184312
>>44184387

They're social laws based on metaphysical laws, because wizard magic in the Dresdenverse comes directly from the soul, and using your soul to do certain things is inherently corruptive and/or risks attracting Abominations and Outsiders.
>>
>>44184312
>Aren't the Dresdenverse laws social instead of metaphysical? They're something the White Council established for the sake of governance, not inherent rules of magic.
No, which is why a Wizard who beheads someone with a sword is fine legally speaking (barring little issues like murder and such) but setting them on fire with your brain would get you executed. Or why setting something non-human on fire with your brain is fine.
Technically, the metaphysical penalty isn't death, but there are metaphysical penalties and dealing with them isn't worth the risks for everyone else.
>>
>>44184254
Warden-anon here, and the laws aren't just there because of metaphysical corruption. They're there because that kind of magic is the worst kind of dark. It doesn't matter what universe you're in - you do not erase minds and use magic rape drugs as pranks. You do not enslave elves. You do not feed your prisoners to the Outsiders. These things are evil even in a completely different metaphysical setting.

And, quite frankly? They're pretty addictive even in the Potterverse. Not in the classical sense, but practically? Nobody's going to stop erasing the minds of Muggles, because that's how their society works. Nobody's going to stop enslaving the house elves, because they're practical, and poor little things, they love it so much. Nobody's going to stop feeding immortal souls to Dementors, because they're just criminals, they deserve it. They're never, ever going to stop being Warlocks, because once you start using dark magic, my goodness, how useful it can be.
>>
>>44184312
Dresden Magic takes the idea of 'self hypnosis is required for magic' to the extreme. The first time you do magic you need to convince yourself
>I CAN
as you use it more and more, this becomes
>I SHOULD
and eventually
>IT IS MY RIGHT

It also gets much, MUCH easier each time. Like, exponentially each time. Becomes less 'act of will' and more 'errant thought.'

It's also fairly explicit that this isn't just a slippery slope. It's like a fucking cliff.

Dresden killed one guy, in self defense, more than ten years before the start of the series. He more or less states that he's frightened of how often 'killing this fucker would REALLY make my life simpler.'
>>
>>44184387
>messing with minds
Messes with the users mind as well. Hence killing them.

>and the fabric of space-time
Risks paradoxes.
>>
>>44184423
>You do not enslave elves
That's not against the Dresden laws.
>>
>>44184423
To be fair, those elves seem to like being slaves. I think servitude might be an inherent aspect of their psychology. Dobby's the only one who wants freedom, and that came after suffering enough abuse for him to have been left with enough trauma that normal elf psychology might not apply. Certainly they need to be treated better, but I'm not sure that their servitude is itself wrong. It's how they achieve self-actualization.
>>
>>44184428
To be fair, that's true even without it being metaphysically addictive. Killing the right guy would make a lot of things so much easier. It's really tempting to know that you just can, and that you'd never be caught by mundane authority.
>>
>>44184204
Jason is under the impression that with a Grail in hand, the power of the Goddess Eurayle, and the Ark, he can rewrite history so that he becomes essentially the "Only Hero" amongst humanity.

This is after he's gone and taken the golden fleece, so him and his servant Medea (She's his servant, not so much his wife here, since he considers her a traitorous bitch not truly worth his time - but entertains her because he's not as adept as her magically.) decide to manipulate Francis Drake and Blackbeard into getting all the pieces for them.

Francis Drake finds the goddess Eurayle as part of her and MC's journey to resolve the Order Conflict that's happening, but Hector, Medea's agent, basically backstabs Blackbeard and takes his grail along with Eurayle. You get Eurayle back but Asterios dies in the meantime after taking two of Hercules' lives. (another of Medea's lackeys) It's explained that Jason believes his destiny is to become Earth's Greatest/Only Hero, and so all of the Grand Orders is essentially his birthright. He doesn't care about anything else in the world besides this heroic destiny, and famously delivers the same line as Emiya Shirou that he will become a Champion of Justice (seigi no mikata) - before saying that he defines Justice. He's pretty convinced that he's the true MC of Grand Order - and yes, he knows about the existence of the Grand Orders to some degree, because he's a Master of the Holy Grail Wars himself.

Haven't gotten much further in the story to figure out how Jason become fugly.
>>
>>44184467
Fourth law prevents enthrallment of any being, not just mortals. Tell me that House-Elves aren't enthralled.
>>
>>44184423
Nobody's going to stop commiting genocide because societal reform might be difficult?
>>
>>44184493
They aren't, not with magic at least.
>>
>>44184477
Main point is the CAN/SHOULD/RIGHT progression. It's super fast, and if you use a tiny bit of mind control- to say, help a friend get over their addiction- it's very quickly going to progress into 'lol, enthralling everyone for their own good.'
>>
>>44184493
>Tell me that House-Elves aren't enthralled.
They're not enthralled. They're in some kind of binding magical contract (with a really, really weird exit clause), and binding magical contracts with nonhuman beings are explicitly permitted under Dresden Laws.
>>
>>44184493
They aren't Hermione.

They aren't human. They are not Human. They don't think like humans do. Humans desire 'freedom' and dislike being ordered around. Well, we're rather bipolar about it actually, but that's beside the point. Humans would consider doing what House Elves do Slavery, because we hate the idea of doing all that for someone else with "nothing" in return.

And that's fine. It's our nature.

But House Elves are not Human. They don't Think like humans do. It's not Slavery, at least not from their perspective, they do it because they love it.
>>
>>44184423
Yes, but mundane ethical/moral issues aside, casting - for example - Obliviate is not inherently metaphysically corruptive as it is in the Dresdenverse.

And if your solution to Magical Britain is to slaughter your way through an entire third of the population, you've got more than issues, you've got subscriptions.

Yay, you haven't damned your soul through your magic. You might well have damned it through your sword instead.
>>
>>44184423
>he thinks the Dementors are outsiders
>implying they're anywhere close
Oh you sweet summer child
>>
>>44184538
Moreover, as the first book with House Elves show, they are capable of taking on fully trained Wizards. Ones who actually have a history of combat at that.

They are powerful magically, maybe even stronger than most Wizards. Though their magic "seems" more limited, they are capable of fighting with it. Fuck man they can Teleport past Apparition wards and can disguise their Magic as being used by someone else. If they were Enslaved and weren't doing it because they WANT to, they would wreck most Wizard's shit in.
>>
>>44184481
Thaaaaaaaaat's.

Huh.

Did Jason ever get a damn thing done on his own without Hera helping him at every single fucking step? My greek mythology is rusty...

Gil's ego at least seems halfway justified. Jason I just recall being a tool, and a mostly ineffective one beyond being Hera's puppet, and he couldn't even get that right. It's not like she wasn't rewarding him well...

Also, what, considers Medea a traitor? He's the one who broke the really simple promise of 'don't stick your dick anywhere else.' She was even willing to tolerate until he went and engaged himself with another woman without even acknowledging her and the two sons she bore him.
>>
>>44184402
I can't find it on 4plebs so it must have been IRC. Just have to hope WakfuAnon sees this.
>>
>>44184511
So why is using magic to kill non-humans okay, then? Wouldn't that have the same risks of super-slippery slopes? I mean, humans are good at dehumanizing our enemies, I'd expect that eventually a mage would come to think "that bastard doesn't really count as a person" and just blast them. Especially if they know that the problem is a psychological one, and therefore think that as long as they're using it for someone they don't see as human it wouldn't be corrupting.
>>
>>44184474
>Dobby's the only one who wants freedom
The first thing he did with his Freedom was go to work for Dumbledore for pennies.
He wants to serve, he's just 'gun shy' after the Malfoys being massive cunts
>>
>>44184586
I assume he thinks of her as a traitor for the same reason he cheated on her in the first place, egotism. She betrayed him by not just accepting it when he wanted to marry another woman, because clearly his whims are more important.
>>
>>44184604
Fair enough. So even he hasn't completely abandoned that aspect of his personality, with all his trauma. It's just part of what a House Elf is, to want to serve a house.
>>
>>44184402
Progress report!

>I can confirm this answer about Boufbolobolo to be true.
>I still can't figure out a 300-pointer for cereal.
>No I'm not saying what that's code for just yet.
>What kinds of mercenaries might be available in the 13 Colonies in 1757? I need at least 5 more types to round out the Caravan Section for AoE III's Black Family Scenario
>If I were to do Age of Empires 2 later on, how would that even be done? Would such a thing even be possible?
>Should I update Total War to add Attilla as a rollable timeline?
>>
So, Asura's Wrath.

How does the various given Impurity Levels compare to Mantra Levels?

Or better yet: what can Gohma actually do? How powerful are they compared to the Demigods and average soldiers?
>>
>>44184642
>>If I were to do Age of Empires 2 later on, how would that even be done? Would such a thing even be possible?
Well, there's an Age of Mythology jump, and while somewhat poorly balanced and seriously lacking in scenario options it's not terrible.
>>
>>44184642
Is Wakfu ever going to have a companion import?
>>
>>44184546
It actively damages the victim's mind. It's not an MiB neutralizer, it causes degradation. And it's their first solution to anything relating to magic being discovered.

A third may be an exaggeration. But I killed every single person who used Oblvate after a week-long grace period where I warned them to stop, and every single adult who maintained a House Elf slave after a week-long grace period where I warned them to free their slaves, and every single person involved in any capacity with Azkaban besides trying to get it closed down. No warnings for them.

>>44184569
If they're not a minor form of Outsider, they're dark enough that I don't particularly care.
>>
>>44184604
Also, as an aside, is anyone else really REALLY fucking annoyed that Lucius got away with everything because "he loved his family"?

Draco I can understand, he was a confused kid in a shitty situation.
Narcissa I can understand, we know fuck all about her or her past actions.
Lucius though? Fucker has Murdered, Mind Controlled, and been bribing the hell out of people for years. For fuck sake he unleashed what he KNEW was a powerful, dangerous, and malevolent magical artifact on a school, that his own son was attending, just to embarrass a rival.
>>
>>44184593
There's still an ethical slippery slope, but it isn't lubricated by an inherent risk of metaphysical corruption. And the Wizard Council's Laws Of Magic aren't the only laws that wizards have to follow, those are just the laws that concerning their use of magic. If you, as a wizard, go around casually shooting a bunch of innocent people via a handgun, you're still going to get a visit from the Wardens and their swords...
>>
>>44184679
I thought for sure I left a note in the fine print about Companions and races.

I swear, if I have to beg Konata to fix the images again because I can't into GIMP, there will be a reckoning.
>>
>>44184593
The thing you need to understand about the Dresden-verse is that most things aren't people. They can walk, and they can talk, and they can even think.

But they cannot decide.

They have No Free Will. They cannot Lie. They cannot Betray What They Are. They are things and concepts and ideas and power that have been given form and voices and minds, but to mistake one for human is a Mistake.

The laws apply to humans because they have souls. They possess souls, and so can Be More and Be Different and Be Liars. They can Have Faith and they Have Power even as oaths or thresholds strip it from them. As they breathe their last they can create terrible Death Curses. To meet the eyes of a being with a Soul is to know them completely and utterly- in that moment, at least, and you will Never forget it.

Humans, and their souls, and even their remains, are metaphysically important and to infringe upon the Free Will, Right To Live, Right To Form, Sacred Death and so on is metaphysically scaring in turn if you have a soul as well.

Look, just obey the fairly well thought out and easy to follow rules when playing with Dresden magic. Also, don't fuck with Dresden. The man is stone cold when the chips are down. Threaten his daughter? Genocide in a night.
>>
>>44184706
Oh, my bad. I can't believe I've completely missed that before.
>>
>>44184714
That's a hell of a lot of CaPiTaLs anon
>>
So for those of you who got a Final Form in SAO, what does it look like?
>>
>>44184714
Out of curiosity, what if I just want to spend all 10 years broing it up with Michael? The guy with the Jesus Sword
>>
>>44184682
And what did you do when the elves all died, either because they really do need it or they all commited suicide because they can't handle being free and can't crash at Hogwarts and become a drunk like Winky did?
>>
>>44184648
>>
>>44184764
We're gonna need a bigger boot for that spider.
>>
>>44184762
Justify, presumably.
>>
>>44184714
Oh, I'm not going to break the laws, I agree that the things they forbid are wrong. If anything I want them to be stricter, not looser. Just because something isn't capable of free will doesn't mean it doesn't have hopes and dreams and a rich inner life. After all, a jumper's going to run into plenty of worlds where people are purely mechanistic systems and free will is ultimately a very convincing illusion. It wouldn't be okay to kill those people just because they're soulless. Why should it be different here?
>>
>>44184642
>Learn to throw any ball
(Does it have to be the same size or could you learn to throw tennis balls or something? Maybe with lesser effect I guess?)
Alright, thanks WakfuAnon!
>>
>>44184760
His wife is a really repressed witch, he once killed a Dragon (look up Dresden Dragons, little and big D are distinguished- Michael basically slew a universal avatar in single combat with nothing more than his own faith... and Excalibur).

He's a pretty awesome bro. Real strong into the faith- you can't really blame him since his life is basically one coincidence after providence after divine intelligence- but he's also full on tangled up in Dresden's shit. Because he's Dresden's bro, and it's going to cripple him eventually.

Dresden is one of THE anti-Outsider weapons. Starborn, and all that. No matter what Dresden is going to be neck deep in shit.
>>
File: KQnqqsW.jpg (96 KB, 1032x720) Image search: [Google]
KQnqqsW.jpg
96 KB, 1032x720
>>44184682
>doublechecks wiki.
Obliviate damages the target's mind when _improperly_ used. That's also why its use is supposed to be legally restricted.

And did your warning to stop make it _clear_ that you were entirely willing and capable of carrying out your threat? Or did you just make a declaration and expect everyone in the country to magically (ahaha) know that you could and would in fact carry out your threat?
>>
>>44184799
Because here they're literally an automatic maintenance and defense system, and the Outsiders have been hacking them for millennia and are finally springing their trojans and rootkits?
>>
>>44184682
>A third may be an exaggeration. But I killed every single person who used Oblvate after a week-long grace period where I warned them to stop, and every single adult who maintained a House Elf slave after a week-long grace period where I warned them to free their slaves, and every single person involved in any capacity with Azkaban besides trying to get it closed down. No warnings for them.
Oh, well, you sure tried hard to minimise the slaughter, Anon. Obvious paragon of morality, you are.
>>
>>44184836
So what you're saying is, use the power of Justice to help his family survive all of the bullshit they get drawn into?
Sounds good to me
>>
>>44184586
Nasu Jason is a bit more extreme than that, because he believes he rightfully owns the world as a hero. Medea he keeps controlled because he forced her to betray her family, basically he keeps her like a dog on a leash. From the dialogue between the two of them it's pretty apparent that he never really considered her as anything besides a tool, so him getting engaged was more of a "well it's not like I'm doing anything wrong."
>>
>>44184577
Clearly the solution here is to find out why and how to make your own magically powerful servant race. We've got like, three, jumps which have that as a scenario reward.

>>44184481
Ancient greek heroes gonna ancient greek hero. What else is new, is King Midas a girl?

>>44184682
I can't wait to see your face when Comorragh.

>>44184687
Uhhm, forgive and forget? Love is more important than duty?

On all this talk of Dresden Files, what is the appropriate reaction to a dragon the size of a mountain pledging their support to anyone? Or setting up a big competition with an alternate system of magic as a reward. Maybe a tournament. With, at least six champion pairs. And a shiny cup.
>>
>>44184871
>use the power of Justice to help his family survive all of the bullshit they get drawn into?
No, Justice, NTR is bad, and I don't think he'll appreciate you waifuing his kids either.
>>
File: Objectively best 1 star servant.jpg (209 KB, 406x406) Image search: [Google]
Objectively best 1 star servant.jpg
209 KB, 406x406
>>44184890
>What else is new, is King Midas a girl?
Asterios/The Labyrinth Minotaur is objectively best berserker.
>>
>>44184890
Well I think Jason either is the Ars Goetia demon Forneus, or becomes the host for him. Still plowing through the story to figure that one out though.
>>
>>44184924
Contrary to popular belief I don't waifu every woman ever.
Also I don't NTR. That is the Worst Fetish.

>>44184890
>Uhhm, forgive and forget? Love is more important than duty?
I'm all for Redemption. But you need to repent and earn it. He never repented for a god damn thing.
>>
>>44184928
>objectively best berserker
>better than Herc
Man, you better start running, because there's a little girl who wants to shove your soul in a doll and use it as a piñata.
>>
>>44176706
The Mist from Percy Jackson. I got a lot to hide.

>>44183453
Why study one instrument? If you've got a few thousand years, learn at least a few dozen. I am partial to the variations on the piano, and the keytar.

>>44183502
What's to miss?
>>
>>44184945
Look Bersercules is alright, but I like Asterios more

Besides that battle already happened in Grand Order and Jason literally ruined it by having Hector ROCKET SPEAR that battle in the face
>>
>>44184937
>implying the worst fetish isn't fetishizing fetishes
They did nothing to deserve this cruel association!
>>
>>44184687
Yeah, that was a pretty ludicrous Karma Houdini.
>>
>>44184977
fun fact: Asterios survived Durinada Booster, died to wounds afterwards. Hercules died immediately and lost a life.
>>
>>44184979
What's the etymology on that, anyway? How did we get the same word for sexual paraphilia and magical talismans? There's got to be some weird academic origin story for that.
>>
>>44184802
Uh, WakfuAnon? You still here?
>>
>>44184888
The wiki mentions offhandedly that "Medea isn't a proper Heroic Spirit". Is that anything like Artoria's situation (who is somehow the actual person rather than a spiritual copy, if I'm following - at all - the wiki correctly)?
>>
>>44185120
>>44184802
Bouncing around and multitasking.

Speaking of bouncing, a smaller ball should work - if less effectively due to lower mass. By the same token, should you, by SOME unholy means, manage to Boufbolobolo an entire planet at something (obviously requiring you to be big enough to use the planet like a ball and SOMEHOW adapt the technique to the new size), well...

That'd be a whole lotta work and a whole lotta perks to do something hilariously irresponsible, now wouldn't it?
>>
>>44185123
No, Medea and Medusa are what are known as "Anti-heros"
They are "Villains" who got placed in the Throne of Heros due to their legends. The Grail War was designed to only summon "Heroic" spirits, ones who weren't villains, as they were less likely to betray their summoner.

The corrupted grail lets "Antiheros" be summoned.

Also yes, Artoria is an actual person rather than a spiritual copy. Because she made a deal with Alaya, the Spirit of Humanity.

It's hinted at, but never outright said, that if she had gotten the grail like she asked for she would have become a Counter Guardian.
>>
>>44185150
Thanks.
>>
>>44185171
No problem. Remember to boufbowl responsibly!
>>
File: 1443806798336.png (20 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1443806798336.png
20 KB, 125x125
>>44185018
> There's got to be some weird academic origin story for that.

GATHER ROUND, YOUNG JUMPERS, FOR I WILL PUT MY ART HISTORY CLASS TO USE FOR ONCE.

> Anno Dominos 1908
> Austria, near the town of Krems in a small village called Willendorf.
> Archaeologists digging up a paleolithic era site for shits n' giggles.
> Worker named Johann Veran digs up a statue of a large woman with tits;
> Being a lower-class Austrian in early 1900s doesn't give him a lot of entertainment of the carnal variety.
> thetimeisnow.jpg
> Sneaks it into his tent.
> During night, starts jackin' it
> Guy likes his women like he likes his bread; doughy and with a yeast infection.
> One of the head hanchos, Josef Szombathy, goes to the tent to see if there is any more swag.
> Sees young Johann 'polishing his bayonet'.
> "Excuse me sir, what the fuck are you doing."
> Confiscates the statue and fires Veran for being a sick fuck.
> Brings it back to his tent where his homies Hugo Obermaier and Josef Bayer are.
> They be lighting up the chalice with some of that nice Hindu Kush.
> Josef debriefs them about his little run in.
> Hugo releases his hit and say "damn, guy had a thing for the fetish."

And thus, the Venus of Willendorf brought about this phrase into the common vocabulary. Young Josef eventually married a large Vienna opera singer, who later crushed him to death while performing a bedroom rendition of "Princess Ida", thus also giving us the phrase "it's over when the fat lady sings".

Josef Veran's accomplishments are still celebrated in Austria to this day.
>>
>>44185161
>No, Medea and Medusa are what are known as "Anti-heros"
According to the side material, "Rider and Caster are not true Heroic Spirits, but they are not true anti-heroes either."
>>
>>44185123
Grand Order doesn't work off of the same system as the rest of the Fate Universe. Medea Older and Medea Lily are two separate entities, one of which is a "proper" Heroic Spirit. In the Grand Order system both of them are actually equally valid due to the Fate System being not very discriminating (it was made for an entirely different purpose than the Fate Grail Wars)

Medea Lily is sort of the real person in Grand Order, just as Jason is the real person (He's the Master), but Reishi-fication turns people into Servants. Explaining the system is a bit more complex, since parts of it aren't completely explained in lore.
>>
>>44185200
That's because unlike most Anti-heros, who are legitimately evil bastards, they are both arguably the Victims of their Legend, but popular opinion makes them the Villain.
>>
File: just a peek.gif (958 KB, 500x202) Image search: [Google]
just a peek.gif
958 KB, 500x202
You got any statues, /jc/? If so, tell me about 'em, from quarry to permanent location.

Gif hopefully unrelated.
>>
>>44185192
I'm afraid it's far more mundane than that.

>>44185018
Looking it up, fetish comes from two fairly similar words, facticius, Latin for artificial/false, mostly used for artificial here, and feitiço from Portuguese, which for this means sorcery or charm, and has taken on the meaning of fetish in Portuguese. Though feitiço's root is facticius, in the sense of artificial, seemingly in the sense that you charm someone with lies, or artificial products coming to mean art. So it seems that feitiço changed over time to be about lies, magic(as the idea of magic being lies to charm people), and art, which very directly relates to a fetish in the mystical talisman sense, and thus was used when it became important for people to have a term for that. Then it was used to describe the power some things have over people in a sexual context around fetishes regarding objects, and spread to the wider subject that is today summed up by sexual fetishism.
>>
Who was doing Puzzle and Dragons? I vaguely remember hearing about it.
>>
>>44185313
why
>>
File: haku.jpg (126 KB, 640x383) Image search: [Google]
haku.jpg
126 KB, 640x383
>>44185330
Anon wants to live the rerolling life I assume. Also something something Christmas covered waifus i guess
>>
File: 1444368770916.png (6 KB, 394x440) Image search: [Google]
1444368770916.png
6 KB, 394x440
>>44185313
Dirge_ is working on it.

>>44185330
Why not?
>>
>>44185161
Okay, cool, that makes sense. Thankyou.

Hrm. How do you think various Servants would react to a (nice) Jumper Master explaining to them the whole "if we win I get an _omnipotent_ wish" thing?
>>
>>44185363
Amusingly enough, Fate Grand Order actually does have servant lines about them talking about the Grail once you reach a certain bond level.

A bunch of them actually... don't care about the grail or the wishes involved. I'd need to actually grab the list to name names
>>
File: Tarutaru_M_Geomancer.png (259 KB, 558x479) Image search: [Google]
Tarutaru_M_Geomancer.png
259 KB, 558x479
>>44184890
which jumps give you magical minions?
>>
>>44185215
Is Grand Order one of the Fate jumps we have?
>>
>>44185399
No, and it's not done yet, and it'll be a nightmare to make regardless because the entire game is about Servants.

And you'd essentially be getting three of them from the one blasted Jump.
>>
>>44185399
Nope, also since we dont have the entire story yet because:
1. Mobile Game
2. Mobile game being done by an incompetent company that wont stop doing limited edition events and grindfests to give people a fucking breather so they dont whale their hearts and wallets out.

So that jump is not happening

For Months

If not ever
>>
>>44185428
NEVER FORGET

THE JAPANESE NEET WHO TOOK A $5,000 LOAN TO GET CELTIC THIGHS.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.