[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My players voted on the next setting we are running. They choose
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 10
File: Eternal Warrior.jpg (64 KB, 498x750) Image search: [Google]
Eternal Warrior.jpg
64 KB, 498x750
My players voted on the next setting we are running. They choose to be vampire hunters in the Twilight series...

I have no idea on how to run this game, what system to use, and if a group of humans can even work together to kill vampire in this setting.

Any help tg?
>>
If this isn't bait, which I'm sure it is, just use a mixture of World of Darkness and Vampire: The Requiem rules. They're both White Wolf publications, designed to work together, and more story-driven, which is likely to appeal to people interested in Twilight.Humans can easily take out a vampire as long as they're resourceful enough, and if its just *one* vampire, or if they happen to have special anti-vampire weapons.
>>
>>43772457
Not bait, I wish it was.

And the only way I can think they could kill one is tricking it into a building and firestorming it.
>>
>>43772421
You could always try GURPS, it's pretty good for modern-day games. Would also give your players many vampire-killing capabilities if you delve into High Tech a bit. Like silver tipped incendiary bullets.
>>
>>43772457
Not Twilight vampires tho, who seem to have no weaknesses (like, to sunlight) aside from being chopped apart by power tools/other vampires (they seem to be "diamond hard" as in the only thing that can pierce them are things that are similarly diamond-y as them, so usually other vampires).

And have some seem to have naruto magic.
>>
I am no expert in this you understand.

Humans with the right equipment and with a bit of team work could take down Twilight Vampires.

at basic they are very fast, very strong and very resilient. They can step around an axe swing and hitting them with a baseball bat just ruins a good bat.

and they will fuck up your rib cage or collapse your skull if they get a good solid punch in.

Their super speed does not extend to dodging bullets. Their resilience isn't going to save them from land mines.

They can also recover from great injury. Dismember them and burn the pieces.

This is without taking into account special unique powers that they sometimes manifest.
>>
>>43772516
Fire is their only weakness I know of. see>>43772488

I read the books to try and figure this out. Didn't help...
>>
>>43772535
>I read the books
ANON NO.
>>
>>43772546
It was for my players. Had to be done.
>>
>>43772569
You mad bastard.

Did you take all proper precautions beforehand and decontamination rituals afterwards?
>>
>>43772421
I always thought there was some decent scope in the Twilight setting for an RPG.

>if a group of humans can even work together to kill vampire in this setting.

They can't. However, the Twilight universe does have a ruling council of vampires in Italy, a near-eternal rolling vampire civil war in the southern states and a masquerade concept.

My personal preference would be to set it after the final book, when the ruling Volturi have just been made to look like a bunch of utter retards and have the players be a group of vampires sent out into the world undercover to find out what the fuck happened.

I don't know if you've read it but in the final book Bella and Edward have a baby. Vampires are supposed to be infertile so this is a huge surprise to all involved. They then have the baby and are ratted out to the Volturi who turn up to carry out the death sentence for the half-vampire child and the parents. The assumption they make is that, through want of a child, they turned a toddler. This is considered a very bad thing as turning someone inhibits all further mental and physical growth so the resulting vampire is mentally subnormal and incapable of keeping the masquerade.

They show up, get the fact that they're wrong publically shoved in their face and have to apologise and fuck off. They respect the head of the Cullen family, who is pretty senior as vampires go and is famous enough that they can't just kill them all to cover it up, plus Edward has almost broken the masquerade before on purpose so they're already not happy with him.

In that perspective it'd make sense to slap together a team of differently skilled vampires and say "figure out what happened, then take some revenge for whatever made us look stupid but do it on the down-low".
>>
>>43772593
I made prayers to the Emperor of Man to shield my mind before and after. Never read more then 15 minutes at a time so I could limit my SAN loss.
>>
>>43772625
>The assumption they make is that, through want of a child, they turned a toddler. This is considered a very bad thing as turning someone inhibits all further mental and physical growth so the resulting vampire is mentally subnormal and incapable of keeping the masquerade.
Isn't Edward a teen? Why didn't they kill him however many years ago?
>>
>>43772625
Add in to this that whilst newly turned vampires are lower in skill and their ability to manage their own strength and speed, they are much stronger than a regular vampire and stronger still than the Cullen gang, who only drink animal blood and are basically barely ticking over.

New vampires are essentially still full of human blood so they're utterly bugnuts strong, they can crush a regular vampire with minimal effort.
>>
>>43772625
>They can't
I disagree.

it might not have been seen to have happened yet but that doesn't mean that it can't happen.

A man with a shotgun should be able to fuck them up if he can get really lucky with the aiming.
>>
>>43772682
Because whilst he's young he is old enough to understand not to simply kill someone in plain view because he's hungry, or to go for a mid-day stroll and so on. He's I think supposed to be around 16-18 and was turned when that was easily the age of majority. I imagine the same taboo would exist towards turning a tard.
>>
>>43772721
You know, I'm not even convinced that the pellets would penetrate their skin. Given what you see them doing (which is admittedly not a lot) I think it's entirely possible the pellets and most bullets would simply spank off their skin. One of them puts his body in between the main character and a skidding truck and not only survives, but there is zero marks on him.

I just asked my girlfriend, we can't remember any time a vampire is even hurt by a weapon in the books and vampires normally rip other vampires to pieces to kill them, which seems a little au naturel if a weapon was useful. She thinks a rock fall might be enough to mangle one long enough to burn it but that's kind of reaching.
>>
File: 1447434782499.jpg (39 KB, 554x570) Image search: [Google]
1447434782499.jpg
39 KB, 554x570
>>43772421
>Can humans even kill vampire in this setting.
Use pic related strategies. Super speed don't do shit against a minefield and artillery fire.
>>
>>43772790
Traps and shit then.

ACME anvils on a rope time.

Also fire.
>>
I was think on backstory for the party. Here are some ideas.

1. Mercs funded by grieving Billionaire that lost his child to a vampire. The Billionare just wants as many bloodsuckers dead as possible and will cover any costs they need and clean up afterword.

2. Religious Order, Party will be more of scouts for the church then hunters. Maybe the Church as a treaty with the head vamps?

3. Crazy fucks that love the rush of hunting something as dangerous as vampire for fun. Barely funded and mostly rely on SHEER balls to the walls crazy!
>>
>>43772822
You're kind of reaching, I think this is one time you kind of have to drop the HFY and admit that at least for gaming purposes a Twilight vampire is outside of the party's ability to fight. As I say, the only way you can make this work is with a team of vampires and even then it'd take some planning.
>>
>>43772844
Party wants to be human. That is why I am at a loss and need help.
>>
>>43772844
On the other hand, the players clearly chose "vampire hunters".
>>
>>43772421
Humans working together to kill something has been our thing since the goddamn Stone Age!
And if the fucker runs like Usain Bolt, can break concrete wall by punching it and will laugh off pistol rounds, well, that just mean you need to bring bigger gun and shoot him from half a mile away. Or rig his place with explosive while he's out pretending to be human.
>>
>>43772835
4. Rival Vampire that needs to get rid of competition but doesn't want to get his own hands dirty.
>>
>>43772421
I once did a one shot like this. Did more research into the twilight series than I ever would have liked to admit. Something too keep in mind about twilights vampires is they are literal bullshit. They are more akin to XMEN than they are to vampires.
>>
>>43772421
They're all teenage girls who were enthralled by vampires up until recently, and now they have to get revenge by bullying the vampires until they can no longer bear the shame and move to a different town, never to be seen again.
>>
>You were so happy to be out of the hunting game. Just moved to some out of the way town, gonna chill and live a normal... wait is that a group of vampire just sitting across from you? This school haves vampires? Wat do?

>Call them out
>Fuck it, move to new town.
>Go talk to them.
>Other.
>>
Make the players members of an elite all-world-government vampire task force with specialized anti-vampire weaponry.

Give them weapon options. Even if they can survive being hit by a truck, they probably can't survive large enough caliber weapons that put all that force in one tiny spot. They probably can't survive high explosive 40mm rounds, land mines, or napalm.

Give them crazy shit like handguns chambered in heavy machine gun calibers, attack helicopters, a Mk19 automatic grenade launcher, bandoliers of all kinds of specialized grenades, a diamond-edged powered combat drill for if it gets down to some desperate measures type shit.

Maybe give them anti-vampire serum that makes the vampires explode, like in Blade. The only problem is actually injecting them with it.
>>
>>43773130
Call in the Napalm Air strike
>>
>>43772421
Use Vampire: The Requiem. It's made for doing shit like this. Just lower the power level of the werewolves though cuz in WoD a single werewolf is stronger than a vampire unless both are very high level then at that point vampires get stronger.
>>
>>43772868
>>43772863
Then they die instantly.

Twilight gets shat on a lot with people saying that the sparkle vampires are pussies etc. Well the fact is that if I actually ran a humans versus Twilight vampires game I would be written about the next day on here as 'that GM' because Twilight vampires are absolute total bullshit.

They move so fast they blur, they can pick up and throw boulders, they are essentially impervious to most man portable weapons, they give zero fucks about sunlight. They also don't sleep, because of this you can't catch them napping, they tend to be well read and learned due to their free time, they are almost invariably rich if they care about money because their outgoings are so low and they have time on their side.

Most of them also have a special power, which include in canon:

>Perfect wide area Sense Motive
>The ability to cause everyone in an area complete sensory deprivation
>The ability to cause that same wide area excruciating pain
>Mother fucking perfect prescience

Can you see the problem? It just ain't happening. This is what happens when the party meets their first vampire:

1. Vampire takes a 150 foot move action to get away and then causes them to lose all 5 senses.
2. They skip their rounds indefinitely.
3. Vampire moves up to one person a round and tears the PC in half.

Alternatively the vampire senses your aggression, murderises one person and escapes instantly and then follows you like the fucking predator killing someone every night while you sleep.
>>
>>43773300
This is why the campaign must take place in the year 2100, when all the players are vat-grown flawless assassins. Superhumanly fast and armed to the teeth, with cybernetically hardened sensory organs and an immunity to pain. Monowire filament weapons.

They're still the underdogs, and every single hunt will come down to them working together to pull by on the skin of their teeth, but at least they have a chance.
>>
>>43773300

>Alternatively the vampire senses your aggression, murderises one person and escapes instantly and then follows you like the fucking predator killing someone every night while you sleep.

Actually, if you pick a vampire with a weak enough ability as the villain, I could see this working as a horror game; bumbling humans with a hatred for vampires try to take one out, only to realize they bit off way too much. He starts toying with them as they try to flee, and the party has to ultimately find a way to use his hubris against him to kill him and save their own lives. Like a sparkly Jason Vorhees with a superiority complex.
>>
>>43773174
Why not just use incendiary ammo?

>>43773513
In the black twilight of the near future Tessier-Ashpool sends ninja to hunt vampires. Who is the truly the most feared predator in the night?
>>
File: boner.png (143 KB, 672x434) Image search: [Google]
boner.png
143 KB, 672x434
>>43773609
>In the black twilight of the near future Tessier-Ashpool sends ninja to hunt vampires. Who is the truly the most feared predator in the night?
>>
>>43772421
Humans can kill them, but it takes some Expendables tier crew with actual modern military equipment and top tier intel+planning.
>>
>>43772421
XCom vs. vampires

So VComz get onto it
>>
>>43773300
Considering shapeshifters and vampires are real, couldn't the PC be wizards?
Or maybe witcher-type fellas?
>>
>>43773300
If there is one thing that twilight did show though. They are suckers for humans. If humans wanted to hunt vampires, the best way for them to do that is a little role reversal. The humans would be the ones doing the seducing, there whole shtick could be setting the twinkle vampires up to kill each other. A game where the objective of the players is to betray and manipulate the more powerful beings has a ton of potential.
>>
>>43772421
>a on how to run this game, what system to use, and if a group of humans can even work together to kill vampire in this setting.
>Any help tg?

If the vampires are nigh unkillable, why not have the players follow a more subtle way such as trying to get particular vampires to turn on one another or the same with the werewolve. Design each vamp and werewolf so they have hidden secrets that you have to find out in order to blackmail them and stuff.

But if your players want to physically hunt vampires, it should be more akin to setting up traps and hunting then fantasy combat.
>>
>>43772535
>they're
They also take agg damage from wolves and other vamps.
>>
This whole thread is telling me just one thing.

Arnie style Terminators vs Twilight Vampires.

Mankind's most awesome weapon vs mankind's predator species.
>>
How come it's pretty much only vampires that can kill other vampires, anyways? Is it just their super strength?
>>
>>43774551

Yeah, it seems like they're just so durable you need industrial levels of force to bring one down.
>>
>>43774666
Shouldn't anti-tank rifles be plenty, though?
>>
>>43774709
This is actually talked about a little bit in the Twilight Books. Originally they started their masquerade more as a way of controlling the Vampire population. However in the modern day they maintain their secrecy not only because the ruling coven of vampires enforces it, but also because humans might actually pose a threat with modern technology. However this isn't expounded upon, and nobody clarifies what modern technology might be able to do it. Anti-tank rifles and the like might actually be dodgeable by Twilight Vampires just because Twilight Vampires are so beyond stupid in terms of power level.
>>
>>43774709

Hm, I guess it depends on how Twilight vampires actually work. Since they are obligate phelbovores, my guess is that their bodies are more or less just animated homunculi, which would make anything short of a brain-obliterating headshot a non-issue unless it interfered with something mechanically. Plus their heightened senses and speed make it so that if they know you're taking a shot they can probably dodge it; your only real chance would be to fire undetected and make a killing headshot on your first try.
>>
>>43772625
>They then have the baby and are ratted out to the Volturi who turn up to carry out the death sentence for the half-vampire child and the parents.
How were they planning on carrying out a death sentence against vampires? This is probably important, isn't it?
>>
File: Vampire$.jpg (101 KB, 359x591) Image search: [Google]
Vampire$.jpg
101 KB, 359x591
>>43772421
Now, I'm no expert on Twilight, never reading a single book or watching a movie.
From what I've heard, though, the Vampires there are hilariously Mary Sue because of young adult fiction syndrome, and so I would recommend reading the book pic related.

It's the story of normal human vampire hunters fighting fucking enormously overpowered vampires, as in the only thing that kills them at all is sunlight, staking them hurts but doesn't kill them, and everything else doesn't do shit.
Killing one (real) vampire in this book takes like three-four hours just to drag it out into sunlight and nearly ruins their entire operation and breaks all their equipment.

In retrospect the book kind of does read like the action movie version of Twilight, because the Vampires are written to be a perfection of humanity, and that means being really sexy-Twilight tier in addition to slaughtering humans.
I wouldn't call it great, the latter half has a way to long almost out of nowhere flashback scene where the main vampire plays with two females in that weird sort-of-rapey bot not still technically consensual domination way. The main antagonist is fucking replaced at the end for no reason and the new one is established and dealt with in the most anticlimatic way in the very last chapter.
Overall alright for pulp 80s fiction, really good for figuring out your game
>>
>>43772421
Aren't Twilight vampires ludicrously, preposterously overpowered? They have no supernatural weaknesses from what I remember and have to be put down ridiculously circuitously to get them to actually stay dead.
>>
Awesome shit, I just remembered this.
Something like this might fuck their shit up.
>>
Oh great now you have to read a bunch of fucking twilight novels.
>>
>>43772421
Your players probably just want to move around killing creepers and stalkers.
I personally would use Savage Worlds with the Horror Companion and the "Buffy-esque" dramatic kill rules.
From there, basically use the vamps like kidnappers in a Liam Neeson movie. Your players, as a team, want to be doing to sparkle-piars what Neeson does to kidnappers.
Have fun.
>>
>>43772516
Never read the books and only watched a part of the flick (drinking game) and these suckers seem to be kryptonian vampires.

Are there any examples of weaknesses?
>>
What Twilight serie?
>>
>>43772625
>They can't. However, the Twilight universe does have a ruling council of vampires in Italy, a near-eternal rolling vampire civil war in the southern states and a masquerade concept.
That sounds somewhat neat.

Is there anywhere that you can read about this stuff that doesn't require you to slog through the books?
>>
>>43773835
Wait.
Wait wait wait.
This has potential. Basically it plays out as twilight 2.0, only at the end is Edward that has to worry about dying horribly.
>>
>>43778510
All that stuff is only barely adressed in the books. Even though italian vampires are the big baddies of the serie.
Trust me, I read all of those books, and even worst, while reading the first one I thought hey, it is not so bad as they put it... gods was I wrong.
>>
Flamers. Anti-Tank weapons. More Flamers.
Hire Hellboy, Ash Williams and Machete.
Use more Flamers.
>>
>>43779041
Also these
>>43777921
>>
Basically, they are gonna be fighting Vampire-Golems. so they better bring some flamethrowers and diamond tipped power tools.
>>
>>43773300
I'd have them be employed by some upper Vamps to hunt new, minor Vamps so you could power them down somewhat. Maybe rabid or only part vampires? You definitely couldn't throw them at a full Vamp though.
>>
>>43772625
Okay, wait, why the fuck do you need masquerade when humans literally can't kill you? Like, at all? Why won't you just, dunno, kill them all, enslave or just keep in a zoo if you like them too much? Why would you make so much effort to hide your powerlevel?
>>
File: CodecSnake.png (8 KB, 108x180) Image search: [Google]
CodecSnake.png
8 KB, 108x180
>>43773300
>It just ain't happening.
Hm.
Looks like I'm gonna have to be extra-careful, then.
>>
In one book, Edward tries to commit suicide by exposing himself to the sun at high noon, which is apparently the only time it actually is lethal to vampires instead of just makes them sparkle. It's not a lot but its a potential weakness to exploit.

And now I must go purge my brain.
>>
File: RaidenMGS4.jpg (139 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
RaidenMGS4.jpg
139 KB, 1024x576
>>43779229
C'mon Snake, you know this fight is much more my style.
>>
>>43779388
So possibly tranqing them and quickly taking them to an area with a lot of ultraviolet light. Though, I guess in that case you could just burn them or put a bullet through their head.
>>
>>43779731
I think the high noon thing is more magical symbolism than anything to do with UV. Though loading up with a bunch of phoenix flashlights and whatnot to do battle with vampires sounds pretty cool.

One other thing that might be worth mentioning that can harm vampires in Twilight are true werewolves. These guys are supposed to be rare as fuck, but the vampires basically freak out at the possibility that the werewolves in the book could be true werewolves rather than the "spirit wolves" or whatever they really turn out to be. Unlike the werewolves seen in the books, true werewolves are a lot more powerful and aren't tied to any one area for their powers to work. They're more like Shagnasty or the Loup-Garou in The Dresden Files than anything else. Thing is, just like the eternal vampire civil war, true werewolves never get more than namedropped in the books, so we never learn the extent of their powers.
>>
>>43779731
Vampires have skin that's extremely difficult to penetrate. It's described as being tougher than granite and is obviously incredibly ductile.

You're probably going to want to treat them as a human shaped armored vehicle than a rather than an animal. They also have superhuman reflexes and senses so even though getting the drop on them is your best bet, it's going to be difficult.

I'd personally try and utilize traps, particularly using explosives and to try not to engage them directly, since they'll win conventional combat in almost all cases. If you actually have to fight them using unconventional measures might be valuable.
>>
>>43778510
There's a wiki
>>
>>43779731
He was exposing himself at high noon to break the masquerade, so that the high vampire council would have to kill him.
>>
So what Ive taken from this thread: 1.) Young adult fiction vampires are bullshit
2.) It takes a specialized team and Rules of engagement on the level of SCP foundation planning and contingents
3.) In the near future world ruled by dark supernatural creatures. A force for good stirs.
Vigilo Confido.

WANT
>>
>>43780634
Basically whenever you want to kill a vampire you have to lure it to the place where you buried a 1000lb bomb and then run into the aftermath with flamethrowers and hose down whatever you find.

I say buried because due to super overpowered magical senses I wouldn't want to risk them hearing or seeing an air dropped bomb coming and dodging it, which they could pretty trivially since they can run at over a hundred miles per hour.
>>
>>43780848

use an Incendiary bomb and kill two birds with one stone

I don't think a vampire is going to fare well against being covered head to toe in burning napalm(or at least some kind of solidified petroleum)
>>
>>43781569
My concerns with that are collateral damage and applying enough force to the vampire to actually disable it.

Dismemberment is the only way to incapacitate a Twilight vampire and burning them is the only way to permanently destroy them, yet they're capable of such rapid movement that they could extinguish most kinds of fire fairly easily. Subsequently you need to render them incapable of putting out the fire before you light them on fire.

High brisance is what you want from your device. Incinerating the vampire is a follow-up action.
>>
>>43772421
>They choose to be vampire hunters in the Twilight series...

Wow. I dunno man, that sounds so insanely bad.
>>
If they got super senses...can one overload them? flashy lights, noisy shit, etc. open up a window of opportunity to decapitate with your Diamon-y sword or purge the unholy scum with sweet napalm?

Also, are they inmune to poison? maybe poisoning the local fauna hoping for the best, but even if this works I doubt players would have fun sitting around hoping their target finally took the bait.
>>
File: Picture1.png (1 MB, 1275x526) Image search: [Google]
Picture1.png
1 MB, 1275x526
>>43782510
They don't have anything even resembling ordinary biology, they don't have any blood flow and their bodily tissues are hard and kind of crystalline (hence sparkling). All of the bodily fluids normally present in humans are either non-existent or replaced by vampire "venom".

It's more appropriate to consider then superpowered animated statues with incredible durability than conventional organisms.
>>
>>43782839
Crystals you say?
I see brute force, concussive weapons, overloaded sensory organs, and many wonderful explosives+flaming substances
>>
>>43774760
I bet a Carl Gustav would kill one, they'll burn a hole through a meter of steel. It's just a question then of contriving a situation where the vampire can't avoid the shot.
>>
>>43783178
They won't burn a hole through anything. All of the warheads are either HE or HEAT variations, or smoke/illumination.
>>
>>43782898
>brute force
You'd need a fuckload of it to even scratch a vamp.

Remember that Edward decided to tank the hit from the Anime Speeding Truck of Doom because he couldn't be bothered to just move Bella out of the way.

Anything remotely portable as far as blunt trauma goes isn't going to be enough.

Maybe a jackhammer could give them some heavy bruises.
>>
>>43783304
Fine punch a hole using plasma (how HEAT actually works).

Same difference.
>>
>>43779197
They don't want to be bothered? I think there was something about it actually being a masquerade from the other supernaturals in there too.
>>
>>43772421
I hope this is only a one-off. I can't imagine it having the legs to last much longer.
>>
>>43772421
the literal fuck are you playing?
>>
Your party are knights of The Round Table.

King Arthur has come back from Averlon and he is pissed. His is also burning with Fae magic.

The party have drunk from the Holy Grail.

Shit is about to get wrecked.
>>
Compromise and run a Hunters game in WOD.

Run it in your favorite generic and pray it doesn't blow up in your face.

Check with your players and make sure they don't just want to try Monsterheart for a change.
>>
>>43772421
Play Hunter the Vigil.
Homebrew a your own Vampires.
Play that game.
>>
Would the Ripple work on Twilight vampires? This is probably the only time I'll be able to ask this question.
>>
>>43772501

Seconded - GURPS Monster Hunters is a helluva lot better than the WoD version.
>>
>>43786877

/a/non here.

Sadly no, It's the concentrated force of life and sunlight; Twilight vamps are not harmed by sunlight.

On the other hand, they wouldn't be specifically defended against it either, so it could damage them, but would not be exceptionally effective.

It's still punching them with the sun though.
>>
>>43786902
At least the Pillar Men have a shot, if only a small one compared to the bullshit that Twilight vampires have going for them.
>>
>>43786922

Clearly you need to get the stone of Aja; If you couldn't kill them with sunlight, you just need a fucking sun laser.
>>
>>43772421
>this entire fucking thread
Your players have not READ TWILIGT. They do not have to kill TWILIGT vampires, they have to kill what popular culture portrays Twilight Vampires as, which is pretty much just normal vampires immune to sunlight.
>>
>>43774528
they would battle for eternity..or until someone drops fifteen thousand nukes on them
>>
>>43781898
is open conflict not a possibility? I mean, it has been established that the vamps are still scared of humans and their weapons despite their godlike powers. Open conflict just means humans give less of a fuck when it comes to collateral damage
>>
>>43772421

I own a very old WOD suplementar book called hunters hunted that talks about vampire hunters and was pretty neat at the time.
>>
>>43774760

The nuclear solution, son.
>>
>>43779197
>>43785406
I'm thinking it's because normal humans are the ones to advance technology and the like. When you live forever and are all powerful, what is there to strive for? Look at Cullen himself, all he does is go from town to town going to high school. Correct me if I'm wrong, I only saw the first movie with a QT fresh off the boat Korean Girl ages ago when I was still in high school myself.
>>
>>43787722
Skynet created in secret to monitor and find a solution to the Vampire Menace.

With the increased sophistication of human weapons, the outnumbering and increasing suspicions of the herd the Volturi decide to end the Masquerade.

Skynet and top scientists of the X-Com style council activate the Terminator sleeper agents seeded and scattered around the human population.

War escalates with mass vampire conversions to make undead armies, mass produced terminators and cyberneticaly altered humans.

Eventually it becomes apparent that the vampires are going to win. They are just too strong, too fast, too resilient and spread too fast.

Defeat is inevitable. And it will be defeat everlasting. If there is a humanity left after this war it will be as cattle and slaves and maybe pets.

They are as susceptible to nuclear fire and radiation as regular humans. Its their only real weakness on the large scale. One the Council never wanted to exploit because its bad news for the rest of humanity.

Skynet see thing differently. It has genetic samples and cloning facilities buried deep in the Earth as the ultimate back up measure. The all purpose contingency plan. The ultimate Plan B.

BOOM! and nuclear fire scours the Earth like a cleansing flame.

Humanity survives in fallout style vaults and shit.

At least one vampire survived.

Twilight vs Terminator army in the a fallout world.
>>
>>43772625
>Bella and Edward have a baby.
It also happened with some jungle amazon chick.
Bella was mortal when she got knocked up. The amazon jungle chick was as well I think. They showed up at the very end and told that super goth vampire guy that her son grew up to an adult and blah blah blah. So evidently in meyers fiction vamps can knock up humans.
Also on a side note the Kindred of the East can reproduce.
All of the BS powers of Twilight can easily be broken down into existing disciplines. Hell even ones from the core books.
As far as them only being harmed by things hard and diamondy at one point one of them mentioned they stay hidden because with current weaponry/tech they would easily be hunted down and exterminated.
A shotgun blast to the head would make anyone have a bad day.
>>
>>43788022
I think vampire human hybrid dhampir things are in eastern European folklore.
>>
>>43772421
>My players voted on the next setting we are running. They choose to be vampire hunters in the Twilight series...
Tell them to find something else besides their pathetic "EWWW TWILIGHT VAMPIRES R SO DUM LOL XDDDD" bullshit. Yes, they're stupid, but so fucking what? It's like FATAL, completely boring in its offensiveness.

Just tell them to fucking let it go and stop giving even one solitary dusty shit about it.
>>
>>43788067
I've never looked into it as far as folklore goes.
I can't recall any of the traditional WW clans being able to do so either.
There's a section on it somewhere in the players manuals.
>>
>>43788067
>>43788144
It's Balkan folklore. They believe that Vampires will openly go out and fuck virgins for kicks via rape or otherwise, although mostly through rape. A Dhampire is a result of that.
>>
>>43788017
Of course that would mean that they have to play a Terminator rather than a human.

But it could be a group of Terminators that until recently thought that they were human.
>>
>>43779388
It's nonlethal, it doesn't even hurt them, but it's a definite way to break the masquerade. His whole reason for doing it there was to force the Volturi to kill him as it's basically the only way he can die.
>>
>>43788017
hmm..modern day Nosgoth-Fallout hybrid with a bunch of terminators? Awesome

>For supremacy. For survival
>>
>>43788462
I hadn't even considered a Nosgoth influence.

Maybe the vampires started to spawn degenerate monsters as a result of the radiation.

Was it irradiated vampire venom or irradiated human stock that caused it? Nobody knows for sure. Probably a mixture being fucked with as there is some consistency within groups rather than it being totally random but at the same time a clean human can become a pure vampire from even corrupted venom.

There are still "pure" vampires. The few that survived the fires of Judgment Day and the later generation spawned from those that emerged from the vaults and so were unaffected by radiation.

The vampires split up into 4 broad groups.
1. What's left of the Volturi trying to get back into power and make a new world order with them at the top.

2. None of the actual Cullens family survived till Judgment Day. The Volturi had them killed discreetly some time after the end of the books. Their legacy lives on in their followers.

3. Ferals and isolated clans

4. On the human side usually because they were unwillingly turned. Others, usually older ones, because they just want things to go back to how things used to be. Considerable overlap with the Cullens faction.
>>
>>43772421
From what I know, they're fucking overpowered. So you have two options:

>Give them a fatal weakness that your players can take advantage off: If you want the encounters be combat focused, search for an element that will weak them for a short period of time, making the encounter hard but not right impossible. This element can be rare, so it should be used only when the party has the fucker cornered. If you don't want combat, you can do something similar to demons, the vampires having a 'true name' that can be used to turn them into weak humans or seal them for a determinate period of time. Or you could mix both of them.

>Alternatively , you can give your party supernatural powers or sci-fi technology to turn the vampires into a red pool.
>>
One thing I have not seen mentioned is that even though we know that there are vampires, shapeshifters and (completely unexplained and therefore fair game) actual werewolves we get little to no explanation of any other magic going on, which definitely exists if the whole bookstore thing is any indication

There might be potions to increase human reflexes to the point of keeping up with vampire speed, spells to slow them down, or landmine traps using synthetic materials that make their skin brittle

There are definitely other fantastical creatures too.
The PC's could be "magically adept" humans, like witches, or "magically augmented" like sentient zombies
>>
>>43789039
I haven't read the books nor am I going to. Ever.

What was the whole book store thing?
>>
>>43772535
>I read the books
>>43772569
>It was for my players. Had to be done.
manlytears.jpg
>>
>>43773300
Thermobaric bombs don't have a motive to sense.
>>
>>43790493
Neither does the Terminator.
Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.