[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Imperium Asunder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24
File: 1467892933829.jpg (3 MB, 4000x3401) Image search: [Google]
1467892933829.jpg
3 MB, 4000x3401
Empty IRC edition
Previous thread here: >>48140604
You can find a brief overview on the story here: https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Imperium_asunder We're currently working on expanding the brief overview and making wiki pages for each Legion. All ideas are welcome, but not all ideas are good. Post your idea. If it's fresh, well thought out, and fits in with everything else, we'll welcome you with open arms. If it's derivative, redundant, or just plain boring, don't get upset when nobody likes it, just try again with a new idea.
>>
>>48162143
Repost of idea for reworking Oramar
I'm thinking that the Warp Raiders are less specifically attempting to averting visions of the Emperor's death, but are obsessed with trying to decipher fragments of visions they see.
I'm thinking they have a very teleological view of the universe and believe in something akin to linear fate, looking for an absolute truth.
In their odyssey, they cross the edges of acceptability with xeno tech and warp entities and are called to account for it at Nikea, which is presented as a review of the Librarius to content a few anti psyker primarchs.
It's not and the legion is censured, but rather than standing down, they vanish into the warp and end up going in a pilgrimage and find the primordial truth.
That's when they understand their visions and fulfil their destiny and corrupt the warmaster.
They hold a grudge against the Sky Serpents for Nikea.
>>
>>48162143
FoM here. Looking to do a few important things and each will need some input from everyone.

1- In the herasy all over the western imperium as the fists lose battle after battle trying to protect the forge worlds from sudden turnings of herateks and heretical legions the fists Marcus Sinistrum takes drastic action and orders the destruction of many of the resisting forge worlds, destroying them before they can be taken by the enemy. While i quite like this idea and feel it fits the grimdarkness of the 40k etc it does change up the universe a decent amount and so id like other input.

2-The battle for mars and the herasy. I think it would be good to have mars be more than just the home of the mechanicus, if because of the void dragon or perhaps an interplanetary artillery capable of firing or earth? my best idea is that the fists are attacked on mars before they can mobilize and are stopped from fighting on terra due to being held back by a traitor legion that at first tries to corrupt me then failing that attacks on that note i'd like to hear from any traitors that wish to take mars, specifically Gengrat Vannevar and his Behemoth Guard i feel would be good.

3-The fate of mars and the void dragon, this all really depends on point 2 but for the sake of my legions story mars ultimate fate is very important and depending what happens to mars the void dragon might very well be loose which is quite a big deal.
>>
Must be a slow day.
>>
>>48163388
Maybe the active anon can work on the wiki pages? I know I will.
>>
>>48162327

Mars would have been consumed by the Eye of Terra. So the Void Dragon would be surrounded by the Warp and trapped forever, that is if someone doesn't try to free it before Mars is subsumed into the Warp.
>>
Still fleshing out these heretek mofos.

>(1/2)

SOCIETY

At its core, Archeotect society is a meritocratic technocracy. Every House is ruled by its Highborn Lineage, which is differentiated not necessarily by conventional hereditary means, but by the passing down of certain programmable traits within the transformative vitae of individual members. Nobility conceived as Highborn have been dismissed from their position as inheritors for incompetence, and, similarly, those marked with singular aptitude are often ‘adopted’ into these core lineages.

Social, political and personal advancement are synonymous within the Archeotect fleets. Rising in rank means access to more exotic and powerful personal enhancements, as well as greater freedom to experiment with new forms of self-modification. At the very pinnacle of each Highborn Lineage are the ancient Apotheotects, the founders of modern Archeotect society, and the ultimate arbitrators of all. Responsible for maintaining the direction of their fleets, these beings can no longer be said to be human by any stretch, their inhuman intellects coursing through immense forms of adaptive metal and biomechanical computium, reality buckling and straining around the weight of their thoughts.
>>
File: archeotects.jpg (2 MB, 1526x3126) Image search: [Google]
archeotects.jpg
2 MB, 1526x3126
(2/2)

They have little time for the mundane, and most decision-making on a day to day level falls to the Magus (a relic-term from the Mechanicum of old, which many of the Archeotect founders were descended from), the pubic head of each Lineage. Each Magus has at his or her disposal a council of Grand Viziers, and beneath them a hierarchy of Viziers Lesser, between which the responsibility of governing the fleets is split.

Specific culture differs between many Houses, though the central cause that drives the Archeotect Nation remains firm throughout.

It should be noted that, due to their nomadic nature and advances in galactic mapping that this has resulted in, the Archeotects have developed a strong tradition of intermediary function and trade facilitation. Houses Gehennict, Dukas, and Voldare in particular have significant holdings across the galaxy and profit greatly from trade between minor xenos sovereignties.
>>
And now for some writefaggotry.

Tried to do it in the style of those old White Dwarf log entries they used to do.

(1/2)

++Accessing Archives++
++Formatting++
++Displaying: Sergeant Albrecht Thule, Mission Report, Log #3876++

-indiscernible static-

"...ther Durain, confirmed deceased. Brother Sergeant Tireaus, confirmed deceased. Artifact missing."

"Signs of battle litter the clearing, though surprisingly little of the surrounding foliage has been disturbed. Brother Elas and Brother Tirn appear to have been cut down beside Brother Cael. Damage to their armour is minimal, concentrated in three small, circular perforations in the upper torso, each one accompanied by a similar exit wound. It would seem that their deaths were quick, and, most likely, quiet."

"Brothers Orteas, Avulus, and Laurent... whatever weapon struck them down, it is recorded in none of our annals. All three Brothers show similar damage to their armour, as though the material has somehow rippled outward, like water, exposing their naked flesh. The same effect is evident upon their bodies, too, compressing the contents of their torsos against the rear of their armour. The cause of death, in the opinion of Brother Artas, would have come in the form of massive damage to our Brothers' internal systems."
>>
>>48164083

(2/2)

"The case of Brother Sergeant Tireaus, along with Brothers Uller, Flavius, and Durain, is a more muddled affair. Uller and Flavius appear to have sustained grievous injuries consistent with the typical signs of chainsword damage. Sergeant Tireaus and Brother Durain were found a short ways east of the squad, Tireaus' weapon lodged firmly in Brother Durain's gut."

"I must admit, my thoughts at first turned to treachery, for the Enemy is vile in its manner and subtle in its ways, and no man nor Astartes is exempt from its temptations. Upon closer inspection, however, Brother Tireaus appears to have been absolved. Once attempts were made to extricate him from his armour, it became clear that its inner workings had warped terribly, driving a mesh of barbed stalactites through much of his torso. It is our estimation that Brother Tireaus was killed long before Brother Durain, and his armour itself perpetrated the killing of his Brothers in arms."

"Save for the strangeness of their weaponry, the attackers have left little in the way of identification. We remain wary, and, Emperor Willing, we may yet have the chance to avenge our fallen Brothers upon them."

"Thought for the day: death is not to be feared, or grieved, for it is our passage into the Light of the Emperor. All is well in His kingdom."

++Report Concluded++

- Mission Report of Sergeant Albrecht Thule, later Captain Albrecht Thule, of the Angels of Light. Thought to be one of the first recorded encounters between Archeotect agents and Astartes
>>
File: laughingnecrons.png (126 KB, 500x395) Image search: [Google]
laughingnecrons.png
126 KB, 500x395
>>48164083
>Brother Tim
>>
>>48164310
...Fuck, it does look like that, doesn't it?
>>
>>48164608
I legitimately only just noticed that it didn't say Tim. Isn't kerning fun?
>>
File: TempestPatternArmor.png (27 KB, 201x281) Image search: [Google]
TempestPatternArmor.png
27 KB, 201x281
Some tiny bit of fluff I came up with:

Due to the fragmented nature of the loyalist marines across the crusader states, there are many more Mark of armors in use compared to the canonical timeline. One such Armor pattern is the Tempest Armor of the Storm Hammers: due to its complexity, the Mark 4 armor only see limited production in the Storm Kingdom, instead replaced by the cobbled-together Tempest pattern, making it a variation of the Heresy armor. Essentially a stripped-down, reverse-engineered and modified Mark 4, the Tempest Armor sacrifice some of the more advanced systems on the Maximus Armor and shielding in crucial areas, exposing some power cables.
>>
In case anyone needs to know, we made an IRC at http://webchat.freenode.net/. Look for the channel ImperiumAsunder
>>
File: Horus-Heresy-Rogal-Dorn-3128329.jpg (488 KB, 811x1081) Image search: [Google]
Horus-Heresy-Rogal-Dorn-3128329.jpg
488 KB, 811x1081
Popping in for a moment. Currently we are on track for something like 3 (or more?) separate primarch duels at the tournament of blades. This seems like too many. Two maybe would mark the occasion as epic, but it feels like we are getting excited and blowing our load prematurely, since this is really one of the only major battles we have plotted out as of yet. So I propose we postpone some of these duels, push them back to other major battles on the road to Terra, at the siege itself, or after the emperor's death. I'm thinking maybe at the tourney we have Enoch vs Engerand, and then Klaus battles the Warmaster in the shadows, that way he can reprise this duel after Big E bites it and he's rallying the loyalists. But that's just my thoughts.

>>48164813
I like this well enough. A more detailed setting never hurts.
>>
The whims of society and the military have kept me busy.

So I'm not gonna be part of this any longer. Got other stuff on my plate.
>>
>>48165829
Maybe someone can pick up work on the Hekatonkires?
>>
>>48165406
All of them are going to be sitting in a box next to one another when shit goes down. What do you expect them to do?
>>
Any movement on if Apothecaries are per-Legion, or are all from the Oathsworn?

Gotta decide how to paint up this apothecary terminator I'm working on. For that matter, do we have icons and Legion colors for all?
>>
>>48165987
colors yes icons no
>>
>>48165829
aww, its not like we need you to stop in more than once in a while senpai but okay
>>48165975
someone suggested that they'd be seated in personal boxes spaced out evenly around the arena
>>
>>48166109
>The Primarchs and equerries of the legions muster in the arena with their honor guards. Above them in the stands are ranks and ranks of armored Astartes, here to cheer their fathers' names. The arena floor before them is so massive that the competitors set up their preparation camps and tents inside the arena itself, along the outer edge.
>>
>>48165886
Honestly, they're so undeveloped that you can cut them flat out and put in another legion.

Actually, you know what, I lied. I'm staying.
>>
are all the slots and rooms filled btw?
>>
>>48166561
>All ideas are welcome, but not all ideas are good. Post your idea. If it's fresh, well thought out, and fits in with everything else, we'll welcome you with open arms. If it's derivative, redundant, or just plain boring, don't get upset when nobody likes it, just try again with a new idea.
>>
>>48166614
Thank you anon

sorry if that was put somewhere,
>>
>>48165987
I think the hospitaliers symbol and color was the apothecary helix and white, and when they became oathsworn they probably changed to some other symbol and ash bone white. They look like standard apothecary with their white, helix, and attached legion symbols on the appropriate puldron. Given ten thousand years, most legions symply believe this to be the apothecary colors. Few give thought to the origins if they know at all, while the curious customs of apothecary's choosing their own apprentices from recruit yet untouched by implants is just one of many ancient traditions and rites in that mystic shrouded future. Regarded with a mix of distrust due to their nature yet sacred due to their role, it is up to each legion if they are regarded as Oathsworn or just apothecary.
>>
Added small blurb about Unholy Terra to the main page.

The Behemoth Guard, Second Sons, Bloodhounds, and Void Lords have seemed inactive from my perspective, and don't have much in the way of fluff. We'll give it time, but after that I suggest we have someone adopt them or have them removed in favor of something else. Not all legions need to be as detailed as the really closely examined ones, mind you. Canon 40k has really detailed stuff and stuff that left vaguer and is just there, and that's fine.
>>
>>48166992
Behemoth guard anon posts once or twice a day. Void Lords and Secon dsons anons haven't posted in a while.

Bloodhounds is me. I'll make their page this afternoon.
>>
>>48162327
1. Sounds fine.

2. To be honest, Mars is important enough just through the war marchines that it holds. I mean Sigismund is sent to aid mars in the Heresy, and manages only to load up on arms and armour, because the Skitarrii and Titan legions are just too strong, so rather than fight he just steals the shit they need for the war to come.

3. I like the Void Dragon loose, but maybe weakened from having to fight his way out?

>>48165987
We came to the conclusion that Oathsworn acted similiar to mars and the mechanicus, training the other Legions Apothecaries and loaning out their own to others out to the legions but its possible for you to have your own Apothecaries in the Legion for sure.
>>
Knights Exemplar anon wishes to tell people that he's written a story about Klaus Staffel's duel with the Warmaster here: https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Tournament_of_Blades#An_oath_disregarded.2C_a_blade_drawn
>>
>>48167252
>3. I like the Void Dragon loose, but maybe weakened from having to fight his way out?
>>48162327

What happens to a C'tan when it wakes up and then is immediately hit full-force in the face with the birthstorms of a warp deity?
>>
>>48167259
Reading it now. I also went through and added dead links to all the REDACTEDs
>>
>>48167259
Two minor criticisms of an otherwise good bit of writefaggotry

1. The concept of Astartes vs Astartes is utterly incomprehensible to loyalist marines before (and even during) the crusade. On battlefields like Istvaan III and Calth where the traitors surprise the loyalists, there are multiple accounts of loyalist marines unable to fire back against their enemies because they are incapable of comprehending what is happening. A good guy primarch would not even be able to conceive of the notion of purging marines from legions.

2. It's a little clear English isn't your first language.
>>
>>48167289
Does the Warp affect C'tan? I thought they were anti-warp
>>
>>48167456
Thanks, he can see the thread but his IP was banned for some reason.
>>
>>48167522
He's got a blanket ip ban in his region. 4chan blocks a lot of countries.

We love you Staffel-sama.
>>
>>48167580
>>48167522
What country is he from? He should be able to VPN to a non-banned country.
>>
>>48167515
IIRC it's actually more like they're warp-allergic than warp immune.
>>
THE NINE HIGHBORN HOUSES

House Vanth: As the firstborn Lineage, House Vanth has the self-appointed responsibility of ensuring that the other Highborn Houses and their estates remain not only dedicated to the cause, but pure in their search for perfection. The agents of House Vanth are ever watchful for signs of degeneration within the houses, both genetic and societal, ensuring that the Archeotect Nation does not stray into an evolutionary cul-de-sac through mismanaged self-modification. Their most prominent holdings lie in the no-man’s-land located between the vying Crusader States.

House Dukas: Scattered across the breadth of the untainted galaxy, House Dukas has established a mercenary relationship with a vast number of smaller states (as well as some larger factions), collecting and selling favours in return for armed intervention or protection. The soldiers of House Dukas are particularly hardy and stubborn by Archeotect standards, often less willing to cede ground and more inclined to fighting on for a slim chance at victory. They have close ties with House Gehennict and House Voldare.

House Bruliea: The closed fist of the Archeotect Nation, appointed as such by none other than themselves, House Bruliea boasts the most extensive numbers of active ground forces. They are the quickest of Archeotect Houses to resort to armed invasion when a populated planet is required for excavation, targeting centres of resistance with specialized commando teams before deploying vast legions of heavily armoured, cybernetically-enhanced soldiers. Many of their planetary holdings are scattered across the black spots in Crusader State space.
>>
>>48167746

House Ronove: Oddly myopic by Archeotect standards, House Ronove’s interests lie almost entirely in a particular segment of the galaxy, its holdings and fleets concentrated ‘west’ of the Tempestus Gap, just ‘north’ of the Veiled Region. They have developed a close relationship with a number of human and xenos planets scattered among several sectors, and react fiercely to interlopers in their affairs, even toward other Archeotects. Other Archeotect Houses can only speculate what motivates them to linger in this region, but, whatever the case, it has lead to an unprecedented number of recruits from outside sources, many citizens of their protectorate planets choosing to join their guardians.

House Gehennict: Masters of a sprawling mercantile empire entrenched into the markets – both legitimate and illegitimate – of uncounted worlds, the Gehennict are often accused by other Houses of letting their lust for profit steer their attention from the great archaeology. They facilitate trade and move goods in the billions of tons each day, and their vast wealth has made them prone to employing vast legions of xenos mercenaries. They have a particularly fond rapport with the Void Dragon corsair fleet.

House Gagarin: Rarely heard from even by other Archeotects, House Gagarin’s fleets prowl the very edges of known space, the majority of its planetary holdings clustered throughout the Veiled Region. They send vessels out into the farthest and coldest of worlds, out in the most remote reaches of space, based on the assertion that the advanced societies of long ago would have had much of their infrastructure as far from the galactic core as possible. In recent years they have appeared across known space, travelling with shocking speed, and have become increasingly withdrawn from Archeotect politics. Many other Houses have begun to suspect that they are hoarding some manner of revolutionary technology from the cause at large.
>>
>>48167755

House Voldare: Secretive even by Archeotect standards, the Voldare are known for their clandestine actions. They are officially partnered with House Gehennict in mercantile affairs, protecting both Houses’ interests through subterfuge, sabotage, and assassination. Voldare ships and ground forces utilize excessive stealth technology at the expense of heavy armour, preferring to strike pre-emptively with overwhelming force than to better prepare to protracted engagements. They also have a particular fondness of genetic technology and have in the past diverted great resources toward hunting the Oathsworn, hopeful that some of their eldest adepts may hold new knowledge to add to their own. Associate often with the Everspiral haemonculi coven.

House Lycea: Primarily operating near the Tempestus edge of the Firewall or at the northern fringe of the Storm Kingdom, House Lycea is immersed in the study of the Warp and artefacts related to it. They regularly cull psyker populations across nearby planets, taking most for experimentation, and have turned the construction of technology designed to dampen or negate Warp-related effects into a high art. They make it their part-time occupation to hunt daemon infestations and other Warp anomalies, using them as field-testers for their latest technologies.

House Naamah: Virtually unheard-of for a millennia, House Naamah was last seen toward the tail end of M39, the combined might of its every fleet plunging into the dread domains of the Chaos Marches, supposedly on the trail of a technology so mighty they were willing to brave the clutches of the Warp to secure it. The House was assumed lost until it emerged late M21, and has avoided all attempts at contact by other Archeotect fleets.
>>
>>48167746
Are these Knightly Houses or fluff for the Blades?

I get the feeling its the first one
>>
>>48167580
>4chan blocks a lot of countries.
Is there a list? I'm curious.
>>
>>48167785
Neither. It's a possible heretek faction I've been working on. Full stuff >>48164033

All criticism and such welcome, of course.
>>
File: tourney.png (37 KB, 1088x765) Image search: [Google]
tourney.png
37 KB, 1088x765
I made a shitty mockup of the Tournament cause there's a bit of confusion.

This is not necessarily canon. There is no canon.

Legions sit together among the stands in assigned places. They're deliberately arrayed traitor-loyalist-traitor-loyalist so when the battle breaks out they're scattered. In a ring around the other legions in the highest seats of the stands are the Eyes of the Emperor. When battle breaks out they encircle and push inward.

In the arena itself are all of the competitors. 100 men from each competing legion, plus their armament servitors, an oathsworn medicae camp, and the Primarchs.

Also I'm imagining only the Judgement Bringers probably knew about the whirlwinds.
>>
Heey, I know its really not my place but i was wondering if I could flesh out some fluff for you particularly locations and factions. The wiki page looks like it could use some assistance and I have some ideas on how to flesh out the vaguely named Dark worlds if you wanted.
I did some Dark Eldar writefaggotry before for the warhammer 30k so like i kinda know what im doing but i mean who really knows anyway its all subjective based upon the reader.
>>
>>48168068
We welcome help, so long as it's discussed in the thread.
>>
>>48168097
Okay thats fair I just need to run out quick but then ill dump my vision for the Dark worlds if thats alright
>>
>>48168055
>There is no canon.

GUYS HE IS SAYING ITS CANON.

GET HIM!
>>
>>48168055

>In the arena itself are all of the competitors. 100 men from each competing legion, plus their armament servitors, an oathsworn medicae camp, and the Primarchs.

I think it would work better as just the current contestants and a handful of servitors.

With the Primarchs sitting in a VIP box off to the side, maybe just below the JB area.

>>48168068
Go ahead.
>>
>>48167831
How many tech focused factions are there?

these guys (probably the best / most interesting)
FoM (also good)
Enclave collection whatever (evil tau?)
Warp Raiders
Ironhearts (Sounds good havent read much)
Behemoth Guard
Dark Mechanicus

I can't believe anons criticise GW for shitty writing when almost half the factions all have the same gimmick.
>>
>>48169477
Are all these guys super tech focused? Aren't quite a few of them pretty specific in their interests - Warp Raiders are only interested in xeno tech and such?

Some overlap is fine. Canon 40K has a few chapters with technological leanings, plus the mechanicus, plus Tau, plus Deldar, etc etc etc...
>>
>>48169477
>Mechanicus
>Tau
>Salamanders
>Iron Hands
>Iron Warriors
>Dark Mechanicus
>>
>>48166548
I lied again after thinking about it. Leaving.
>>
>>48169477
I think its more multiple people found the idea cool and these same people were in the thread. This is how we ended with primarchs which were mostly pro-psyker, iirc.
>>
>>48168388
So the overall theme for the Dark worlds is as follows, hopefully I'm not infringing, i wanted to pick something nobody fleshed out at all so i could build up a blank slate.

Anyways, The Dark worlds are a truly terrifying sector to behold now that the Emperors light shines no more. The cluster, heavily reliant upon Imperial aid even before the great collapse, as secessionists, heretics and renegades were a constant threat. Loyalists were barely holding ground before, so it comes as no suprise that when the aid stopped arriving, many worlds fell, leaving few stranded worlds left.
The Dark worlds now are a Broken collection of petty states, Daemonic holdings, and renegade kingdoms, held together loosely by their collective hatred of anyone who wishes to invade the dark worlds.

I would expand on the major factions present and as well as history, rivalries, past wars, and leaders.
>>
>>48169592
> Mech / Dark Mech
1 faction split in two but the heresy, makes sense

>Tau
New faction whose whole gimmick is that they are "the other tech faction"

>Salamanders
more artificers than tech, they focus on making existing stuff pretty and well running. Not actually making things.

>Iron Hand
Space marine + Mechanicus

>Iron Warriors
Evil space marine + evil mechanicus, again duality.

See how its not the same?
>>
>>48168055
I'm pretty much behind this.
>>48169816
I'm also behind this!
>>48169661
Enoch AKA "Fuck the Emperor" AKA "Fuck Psykers" holding down the anti-psyker camp and feeling pretty lonely about it
>>
>>48169855
I'm sure this more pro-psyker stance can come to bite people in their shiny metal armored butt more than a few times.
>>
>>48169816
Sounds great.
>>
>>48169564
The Collective is very tech focused but it's primarily focused on computing, cybernetics, and robotics, the things common to the cyberpunk and transhumanist science fiction that inspired me to come up with them.
>>
>>48169564
Dark Eldar?

really, I always thought there thing was slaves and pain and torture and such.
>>
>>48170141
They're probably the second most advanced race in the setting.
>>
>>48170141
Their technology is rather advanced, its just they go a, shall we say, 'odd' application of it. Mostly its technology related to fucking up the body in some of the most grotesque and fucked up ways. They're more like those really, really mad doctors and surgeons. You know, the type to make human centipede and then say "I can do better!"
>>
>>48170171
wow, I missed that. I've never read there codex.

Makes sense, I did consider Eldar to be 2nd most advanced (disregarding the Dark Age of Tech)
>>
>>48170208
Yeah, haemonculi do all they do without warp magic.
>>
>>48170208
So (chaos) Oathsworn?
>>
>>48170366
Funny you should say that.

In actual canon, Fabius Bile, the premiere in Chaos geneticists, studied under the haemonculi.
>>
>>48170433
He did? Didn't know that. Certainly explain quite a lot now...
>>
>>48170433
I always wondered why they'd let a slaanesh worshipper into Commoragh.
>>
>>48170486
Isn't Bile technically just a renegade and not a worshipper of chaos? Sure he hang with Chaos Marines but I reckon he himself does not serve any chaos god.
>>
>>48169477
I thought the Extropians were straight up advanced tech stuff, not evil or anything?

They don't really seem like a 'science' faction, just an advanced society. Whereas the NANOMACHINES SON nomads have a society driven the idea that science(!) will save them.
>>
>>48166992
Here. What all do we need. I've had a busy few days.
>>
>>48170581
The Collective does do a lot of things the Crusader states would consider evil. I can't imagine any of them like the idea that the soul can be reduced to mere data that can be edited, replicated, and restored from backups in the event of death. The Kor Protectorate likely wouldn't stomach them because of their lackadaisical attitude toward death.

They do view the universe as being holographic or simulated (the jury is still out on which), so in a sense they are somewhat like the nomads, though this is more in a transcendental sense.
>>
>>48170508
He rants about the pleasures of excess he'll give his subjects after he fucks with their brains. Even if the dude doesn't worship slaanesh, he's slaaneshi as fuck.
>>
>>48170748
Sure, but isn't that basically what the Dark Eldar are like? They're just in denial.
>>
>>48170814
The only thing the Dark Eldar care about is prolonging their own existence by causing suffering in others, because it's the only way to keep their souls from being eaten by Slaanesh.
>>
>>48170862
The Dark Eldar take precautions against the corruption of slaanesh. The reason they take slaves is to offer their souls to slaanesh. Fabius Bile on the other hand had more of a "whatever Slaanesh do what you want" philosophy. Dude was crazy.
>>
>>48170659
Oh wassup, Um, place i'd start would be if you wanted to just throw some stuff up on the wiki about your legion, really basic stuff, that'd be grand
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Imperium_asunder#Dark_Imperium
>>
hey if no ones doing the Behemoth Guard I can do it, its part of the Dark worlds
>>
I'm going to bed soon, but before I do what still needs to be fleshed out about the Undying Scions? Also I saved that piece of writefaggotry if anyone needs to see it again.
>>
>>48170953
>>48171174
Yeah, I'm on a cell phone. If one of you could make a page, we can start populating it with what we've come up with in earlier threads.
>>
>>48171252
I gotchu im on it
>>
>>48171315
Many thanks. Actually, I'd been thinking of the home world as bathed in the light of the eye--I've got fluff in earlier threads, but I like what I'm seeing too.
>>
I did some grammar edits for Klaus, his writing lots of run on sentences and other errors. It should be more readable now.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Tournament_of_Blades#An_oath_disregarded.2C_a_blade_drawn.
>>
File: 1359991477356.jpg (2 KB, 126x103) Image search: [Google]
1359991477356.jpg
2 KB, 126x103
>>48172289
>his writing lots of run on sentences and other errors
Oh god the irony
>>
>>48172265
hey man I am sorry if I am stepping on your toes, I assume I had creative freedom with it
>>
I'm working on the Behemoth Guard page. Here's what I've got in basic terms.

>Homeworld filled with beasts
>WWI era technology
>legion are technicians like Iron Warriors/Hands
>seduced by the dark side of the tech
>begin using the warp to make new stuff
>warp-twisted monstrosities
>Tzeentch devoted legion
>>
>>48172312
Oh, my bad homes.

Well, actually, this is as good as any a time to reveal that I'm actually the same dude who came up with the Sky Serpents. I was going to reveal that earlier, but there was the whole snafu with the Hektor Heresy, and I figured the last thing we needed at the time was more fuel for that.

Anyways, there's some fluff that was pretty well received that I've put up in the wiki, so if you want to talk, we can discuss it.
>>
>>48172440
I'd been trying to bring it into more public discussion to make it a 'joint collaboration' legion, but this works too.
(But yeah, that's why Xun wouldn't talk to Gengrat and vice versa)
>>
>>48172440
>reveal

I smell a conspiracy.

STOP THE PRESSES
>>
>>48172440
well not really a discussion just more so what do you want me to do, cause I mean I have a vision, like im just unsure what you want me to do with the legion
>>
>>48172475
Huh?
I'm trying to hand off the legion, so to speak. I'd prefer max collaboration and all that.

>>48172421
I assume that you're the one who came up with the quote? It's fantastic.
>>
>>48172487
Alternatively I could curb what I saw for the Behemoth Guard and transfer it to the Silver Spears or Iron Hearts, as itmight work better for those Legions
>>
>>48172487
Oh, go for it. Ideally, there's room for what already exists, but I also only came up with the legion because we needed more traitors.
>>
Gengrat was found 40 years into the crusade on Terrodyne, a world bathed in the light of the Eye of Terror. His homeworld was a mist-shrouded waste, inhabited by great beasts. The Industrial Combine which ruled the planet had industrial era technology, as if WWI era Europe was taking on Godzilla on a regular basis. A high rate of mutation on the world resulted in a high ab-human population used for menial labor and bait. Gengrat was raised in his youth in the deep swamp wastes by an abhuman witch named Grenwyth. Grenwyth lived in an iron hut, and on her shelves and walls were many tools of unknowable use. Gengrat's pod had been pierced by a tree, and his brain had been pierced by a branch. Grenwyth crafted for Gengrat an implant, using an ancient relic her family had kept for centuries. That relic was in fact a datastore, which stored within it thousands of machine spirits, tainted by centuries of degradation.. These spirits would whisper into Gengrat's mind for the rest of his days. Grenwyth taught Gengrat many of her technosorcerous arts, and of the great god Tzeentch who could make one's wishes reality. Gengrat used the powers he had learned from his foster mother to terrorize the outer wastes. Voices in his head told him which way to go through the mists. One day the voices lead Gengrat to the gates of the city, and demanded entrance. He ensorceled the minds of the city watch, and they escorted him to the Combine's council chambers. There he slew every one of the technocratic rulers, and claimed the planet as his own. When the Emperor discovered the planet, Gengrat merely left his throne empty and marched off with his father, not sparing a thought for the fate of his homeworld. For many years the Imperial Truth convinced Gengrat that Grenwyths teachings had been superstitious nonsense. However, always in the back of his head the voices called.
>>
>>48172511
Well, let's discuss it? What's your ideas?
>>
>>48172517
I like this. A lot.
>>
>>48172520
Well basically I wanted to dreate a legion of stalwart warriors whose primary focus would be grinding victory and firepower but like that dosent work for the Behemoths
However, Becasue the Silver spears specialize in Infantry this makes them suitable, I would just say they like to kit out their tactical squads to blast everything that comes their way. Also could make them candidates for city fighting specialists?
Plus It would accent a grim Legion, who got tossed into a multitude of horrendous war zones and marched on through, strengthening their bond between brothers, but also isolating them from the other Legions, because as they continue conquering they start growing emotional colder. It makes sense if they always get put in the worst fighting (like cityfighting or holding the line), which would also help mold them into infantry experts
>>
Reminder we have an IRC here:http://webchat.freenode.net/

Join ImperiumAsunder
>>
>>48172587
You're literally describing the Justice Bringers. They blow up everything.
>>
>>48172587
Another option might be the Second Sons.
>>
>>48172619
As the original poster of the Second Sons, what he just described is almost exactly the original concept for them just with chemical/rad weapons.
>>
>>48172657
I advise you check out >>48172601
since we're actually discussing the matter now.
>>
>>48172685
You got it.
>>
File: zoidberg.jpg (22 KB, 548x420) Image search: [Google]
zoidberg.jpg
22 KB, 548x420
So the matter of human auxillia, we should discuss it why not?
>>
>>48172440
>>48172475
Okay how many of you are all the same person

have I been having this conversation with just one crazy guy for 6 threads now

>THATS NOT A PANCAKE, CAPTCHA
>>
>>48172751
>human auxiliaries maybe?
The Paladins work with them more often than not, and work well, since they are good at assessing their allies' strengths and weaknesses.
>>
>>48172815
Oh, you would know Enoch, you're me, after all.
>>
>>48172751
Space Marines can't really fight without human auxilia. Every expeditionary fleet during the crusade has Imperial Army soldiers, and chapters/warbands past the heresy make extensive use of guardsmen/cultists.

It's kind of a silly statement to say "the marines use human auxiliaries" because space marines do that pretty much by necessity. You can't bring a populated planet to compliance with like a hundred dudes. You need millions of throwaway conscripted soldiers to hold territory.
>>
>>48172838
Aye, but dudes like Alpharius, Xun, Gorrillaman, probably Alexios, and the Warmaster use them very differently from Gengrat and Perturabo.
>>
File: 1391200434355.jpg (143 KB, 900x759) Image search: [Google]
1391200434355.jpg
143 KB, 900x759
This is how I picture Gengrat
>>
File: ZoidbergII.png (126 KB, 900x667) Image search: [Google]
ZoidbergII.png
126 KB, 900x667
>>48172901
The voices, the voices! Always with the talking!
You want I should tell you what they say?
>>
File: LwcN3D0.png (942 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
LwcN3D0.png
942 KB, 600x800
>>48172901
A Second Son
>>
File: Ghoul_concept.jpg (515 KB, 603x1385) Image search: [Google]
Ghoul_concept.jpg
515 KB, 603x1385
>>48172935
Actually, I recently saw some conversions using third party miniatures that I thought were a good approximation. http://imgur.com/a/ExtFa Obviously the weird backpacks are off, and the colour scheme too, but I like the idea of not totally rotting looking. Also the three circles of nurgle taking the form of a nightvision goggle type deal.

Overall, they're not the typical rotting and bloated Nurglites. They're wasting and emaciated, with corroded/modified but largely intact armor. All glowing a sickly green and radiating lots of radiation/toxic gases.

They're non of the life aspects of Nurgle, but all the death and stillness aspects.
>>
>>48173019
Those look dope as fuck.
>>
>>48173019
Their very existence would piss off the Storm Hammers, since radiation-fueled mutants called Glowfiends exist on their homeworld of Lostregia and prey on humans.
>>
>>48172930
I think zoidberg feels the warp overtaking himself.

Is it a good pain?
>>
>>48173050
I came up with a warcry for the Storm Hammers

"Cant touch this."
>>
>>48173050
>>48173111
>"the storm hammers are known to don large baggy pants and do a distinctive ceremonial dance called the 'hammer dance'"
>>
>>48173139

"They break the will of their enemies will to fight with terrifying and psychological displays of dominance, especially using the aforementioned artillery."

Made me think of a technique Monash used where during the routine bombardments of enemy trenches he started to mix in gas rounds so that over the period of a two weeks the enemy started responding to incoming arty with gas masks.

Then when he actually launched an attack on the trenches he didn't use the gas. - but the germans still put on the gas masks because that was their new operating procedure.

When the allied infantry arrived the germans struggled to repel them because they had next to no vision and could barely breath (due to the masks).

Might be worth modifying and stealing for a short story.
>>
Reading the wiki you guys have a lot of overlap.

2 void specialists
3 'single combat' specialists
5 tech specialists (and a dreadnought legion)

Also what is compliance actions and empire building? It sounds like the Night Lords crossed with the Ultramarines.

Honestly there is probably even more overlap I stopped looking.

If you guys are going to have SO much of the same, you might want to pair them off as opposites, like the mechanicus /dark mechanicus. Or the Night Lords/Ravenguard.

Factions that are very similiar but have a very obvious divide.

That would probably require cutting a lot of the fat though.
>>
>>48174356
There's only two Astartes factions that I'd consider to have real overlap.

I wouldn't class the Warp Raiders and Behemoth Guard as really the same as a general 'tech faction'. Warp Raiders appear more about sorcery and the Behemoth Guard have an entirely different feel - it's less that they have more advanced technology, and more that they're using what they have in horrible ways.

Distinctions between Legion tech are probably going to come up a lot, as this is all about a fractured mankind where everyone has gone their separate ways and begun to develop independently.
>>
>>48174515
>There's only two Astartes factions that I'd consider to have real overlap

Being?

Even disregarding the Raiders and the Guard - who admittedly have a decent amount of difference.

It still leaves all the rest.
>>
>>48174542
Fists of Mars and Iron Hearts. But that's fine, they're essentially opposites.

There's also only two Legion of single combat guys, right? The Bloodhounds are good at close combat but are more like Chaos Space Wolves than "1v1 me faggot" types. The Silver Spears and Knights Exemplar seem like this continuity's equivalents of the Emperor's Children and the Dark Angels in that they're both good duelists and on opposite sides.
>>
>>48174588
And those Paladins of Kor have 'duelling' listed among there specialities.

I mean im actually surprised that sue-nation doesn't have more 'specialities'.
>>
>>48174600
Oh? I didn't see that.

I do agree that the Paladins should be a little grimmer. I think it should at least be noted that they have to really struggle with policing malign cults and such under the guise of benevolent organizations.
>>
>>48174620

That would help them significantly. Or having the Primarch killed off for being so naive.

My suggestions for fixing all of this.

1. Grimdark up the Paladins.
2. Remove the Oathsworn
3. Join the Ironhearts and Behemoth Guard together. The bionically enhanced fits for most the legion, and you can have a sect within focus on techno-sorcery.
4. Remove the Extra Collective - if you really need an evil robot faction that isnt the Dark Mech, bring back the Men of Iron.
5. Add more chaos legions with their own thing - in canon they managed to have Nightlords, Word Bearers, Black Legion, Alpha Legion.
If need be, more the Oathsworn down here - a legion of Fabius Biles!
6. Do something with Warp Raiders, I dont know what, just something, anything.

Just a few suggestions.
>>
>>48174724
The problem with your suggestions is that you are largely complaining that we aren't following the textbook 40k formula. While I do agree there is some overlap and that we should obviously work on that there's also the difference that EVERYONE has to be an empire builder since there is no real central authority.

Which reads to me as less of a suggestion and more complaining that some people dare attempt to be creative.
>>
>>48174802
I see what you're saying but it seems like an excuse.

Warrior-Gods who find themselves having to build an Empire because of an unforseeable turn of evens dont develop their armies based on empire building.

What I mean is, this isnt developing consistantly at all.

As for sticking to 40k - youre right, my biggest gripe is that it deviates considerably, but only because it deviates for no reason or inconstantly.
>>
>>48174905
The reason I'm partaking in these threads at all is specifically to deviate from standard 40k with the Extropian Collective. I'm trying to make compromises with them where its possible but in general if I can't push the boundary there's no point nor fun in it for me.

Anyway it's still pretty early in so there's lots of times to iron out a lot of the similarities and establish differences.
>>
>>48171214
?
>>
Taking a break from Archeotect stuff to propose a traitor/renegade Legion (if there's still room).

Note: these guys are 100% a work in progress, I've just got the basic concept here.

Name: The Giant Slayers (WiP)

Primarch: Name undecided. Raised on a planet where gigantic abhumans ruled over mankind. Lead a rebellion. Hated tyranny and being looked down upon, loved the ideal of the hero, slowly became more and more irate with The Emperor with time.

Doctrine: Specialized in bringing down large targets, Giant Slayers are schooled rigorously in the means and method to destroying all manner of beasts and war machines. They field large numbers of armour piercing weaponry, utilizing teams of crack shot autocannon specialists, and coat their armaments with all manner of poisons and corrosive gels.
>>
>>48175286

Location: The Giant Slayers operate out of a shattered district of Commoragh, having crushed the kabal previously in residence. After a brief period of fighting, local kabals became very agreeable to the idea of local allies with no taste for scheming or ambitions beyond whoring, boasting, and killing huge beasts. The Giant Slayers have a particularly close relationship with several wytch cults and are often accompanied in battle by hordes of shrieking xenos. Sectors near their entryways into realspace are often no-go zones for those in the know, civilization kept at heroic age levels for recruitment purposes. Xenos beasts and even daemonkind are shipped to these worlds in vast quantities to 'enhance' the local wildlife.

Tidbit: The Giant Slayers abhor dreadnoughts, but use them nonetheless. Rather than interring their dead within them, they trap captured enemies within their shells, employing the haemonculi of Commoragh to twist their bodies and minds into a state of unholy, utterly insane fusion with the metal of the construct. These dreadnoughts take the role of 'giants' in their traditional games, serving as punching bags of a sort for Astartes of the Legion to whet their appetites for combat against. In battle, they are deployed amidst enemy forces in drop pods, set loose to rampage through the unfortunate ranks of their victims, driven to a frenzy by decades of sustained agony and brutal battle.
>>
>>48175286
Do they lean toward a particular chaos god or are they-

>>48175295
Well now I am just plain sold.
>>
>>48175303
I imagine they're in the "totally not corrupted by Chaos guys, just TOO AWESOME" camp, but pretty much be Khornate as fuck.

I had the idea that their Primarch refused Princehood because he wants to be a man fighting monsters, but he still wields a daemonic weapon, rides into battle on a broken Bloodthirster, etc.

The Legion would be convinced that they can master anything, even Chaos, and we all know how that ends.
>>
>>48175286
They sound like an evil version of the Lancers of the Knights Exemplar.

>Tidbit:
This I like a lot. This is the creativity I can get behind.
>>
File: Attach0.gif (168 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Attach0.gif
168 KB, 400x400
>>48175295
>the tidbit
>>
>>48175359
Welcome to club totally-not-corrupted!
>>
>>48175359
I like this. A lot. What happens, though, as the legion does get more chaos?

If they're Khorne, might the Eldar see it as an aspect or rebirth of Khaela Mensha KHaine? With the primarch being seen as a living Avatar?
>>
>>48174724
With regard to the Warp Raiders, I'm thinking they would make a pretty cool bunch of arch-heretics. I've suggested that they keep getting visions of a future and in the end fall to chaos because, in their view, it was the only true future. In their view, defiance is an illusion.
They end up filling their ranks with the neverborn and do just what their name suggests, breaching the immaterium for raids.

These are our chaos undivided fanatics, our daemon marines.
If the Sky Serpents followed the way of Chogoris and only took a sip from the power of the warp, the Warp Raiders threw a kegger, got shitfaced, and came to in bed with a whole bunch of daemons snorting warp dust.

Thoughts?
>>
>>48175961
I'd assume that they make heavy use of sorcerers and chaos raptors?
>>
>>48176173
Yep. Warp Talons too. In a lot of ways behaving more like Dark Eldar than like the legion they'd once been.
>>
>>48176173
Hmmm. Also other maybe crazy daemon marine hybrids.
>>
>>48174802
>>48174905
>>48174967
Hey FoM here, i've been in this from early in the 1st thread and i'm just posting to say i entirely agree with >>48174724 i had high hopes at the start but as this has gone on it seems that quantity of posts here is inversely proportional to quality of content.
The Kor are salvageable but it seems no one is posting anything grim happening there which sucks.
The Oathsworn are so utterly pointless, we had a whole thread about how OP they were and even that missed the point that we have an entire legion dedicated to not having an opinion for themselves and being part of other legions. They do NOTHING.
The Extra Collective holy shit they need to leave, i'm so sorry Brokha your pretty creative but it's so not 40k you totally don't fit.
>No one seems to be posting for chaos
>No one hates psykers
>No one wants to infight between legions
>No one wants to kill the primarch
Maybe that last one is a bit harsh but at this point i've mostly lost interest in participating here unless there are some sweeping changes, so just do whatever you want. I like Raydon if anyone cares he can make decision for me until i come back because my life is empty and this gives me a tiny amount of life.

A point i did not neatly fit in, I see a number of posts about how this is supposed to be different from 40k so stop bitching. The problem is that this is becoming star trek
>>
>>48177388
Agreed. The problem with the Kor Protectorate is that Anders doesn't post often enough to see any complaints.
>>
>>48177388
>>48177548
any other thoughts on my points?
>>
>>48177607
I think the 'no one hate psyker' aspect is a bit overblown. Psykers are still feared, its just that their life just suck LESS than in the canonical Imperium. I can easily rewrite my draft of the Storm Kingdom to show that this is not a psyker utopia...because it isn't and never will be.

Alternatively (or adding to this): The great leeway Psykers have mean they most likely organize into dangerous cabals and they are more likely to act like dicks toward ordinary humans and more likely to fall into some sort of ideology which mark them as superior stock. In the Storm Kingdom they hold 'court mage' positions, mostly: I imagine many corrupt advisor are madenned psykers.
>>
>>48167746
These guys almost sound like the Imperium Asunder's version of rogue traders. They're like... posthuman space mafia.

I for one welcome our cyborg merchant overlords.
>>
>>48177388
Alexios has a problem with psykers, but yeah, we need some more chaos up in here.
I'll toss up some ideas for more chaos this evening.
I suggest that we open up chaos a wee bit, too, perhaps compile the ideas on a wiki page.

In the mean time, let's talk about ways to make the warp Raiders nastier. I'm thinking they have a vendetta against Xun for his "betrayal" at Nikea.
>>
>>48177664
That makes sense and is suitably dark.

I assume they're barely tolerated in Alexios' lands.

In the Jade Empire, psykers are collected by the legion. The legion loves psykers, but in practice it means that all psykers must serve the state. They're all sent to the schola progenium or sacrificed to feed the warp beacons.
It is their privilege to serve the state thusly.
>>
>>48175904
I've actually been considering a Khaine connection, maybe even have some of the Legion worship him or at least have co-opted Khainite battle prayers.

I was thinking that the Primarch himself, while he managed to reject Princehood, was still touched by the Warp, and he's slowly come to resemble certain perceptions of him. His skin is like bronze, his eyes blaze like fire, etc etc.

Speaking of bronze, that would probably be these guys' primary colour. Supreme arrogance and gaudy heroism is part of their theme, so a lot of their armour would be customized to resemble hunky musculature. The Primarch himself would have been known for his stunning looks during the Crusades, cutting the archetypal figure of the hero, and would probably have been used a lot for propaganda purposes (which would further fan his immense ego).
>>
>>48178206
Do they often raid the Unyielding Vigil?
>>
>>48178206
He might even come to believe he's the avatar. Go on a crusade against the Slaneeshi legions.
>>
>>48178206
Ooh ooh:
Xxx, Giant Slayer, Khaine Reborn!

How about a Celtic theme? CuHualicn macbeath
>>
>>48178370
If he's an avatar he'd get killed when we need to introduce a new character.
>>
>>48178345
Sure. I had the idea these guys would raid absolutely everyone they possibly could, but if you want a faction you've created to be the people that get hit often, I'm cool with that.

>>48178370
>laughing_Cegorach

>>48178445
I was considering that. Maybe Aodhán Something. I'm also playing around with some Greek-ish and Sumerian names. Already decided that the planet he's from would have been called Nusku.
>>
>>48178756
Hmmm. If you need help with Sumerian, let me know. I can also do Akkadian. My Akkadian is way better, desu.
>>
>>48178756
To top that, they're a legion that's laregely dreadnoughts. I'm sure the thought of bringing one down is hard to resist for a Giant Slayer.
>>
Oathsworn anon here. I guess my opinion of what's fun and playing support pisses you off. Have your circle jerk, I'm out.
>>
A few minor ideas I thought up during work:

Firedrakes: Giant Slayer bolters are often customized with an cylindrical barrel attached to the underside, carrying a one-shot melta charge. Unstable and wildly inaccurate at all but the closest ranges, these attachments are often fired at point blank against larger, armoured foes. In many instances, this causes severe damage to the bolter itself, sometimes even rendering it unusable.

Dragonslayers: Veteran Giant Slayers, seeking to prove their worth against the greatest foes, sometimes embark upon a ritualized quest, delving into the darkest of daemon worlds in order to slay a Warp fiend of repute. They bind these defeated daemons to their weapons. Groups of Dragonslayers, galvanized by daemonic energies and tempered by centuries of combat, cut a bloody swathe through the ranks of their foes, seeking out yet greater monsters to challenge and foes to break.
>>
>>48179012
How about you list your grievances instead of just crossing your arms and not-really-leaving?
>>
Question. Has anybody touched on the gene-seed banks luna had or was that post HH and I'm confusing my time line?
>>
>>48179013
Bad ass. The dragon slayers remind me of one of the old warhammer vampire clans.

It would also make sense for them to raid the worlds of the Undying Vigil, to slay a legendary dreadnought.
>>
>>48179109
No idea.
>>
>>48174356
>2 void specialists
The Void lords are deep-void rangers who troll the space between stars, and are masters of boarding actions. The Warhawks are air superiority specialists who, because of that, are also pretty good at void boarding actions.

>3 'single combat' specialists
That's just how space marines are

>5 tech specialists (and a dreadnought legion)
Fists of Mars (loyalist tech specialists)
Iron Hearts (traitor tech specialists)
Behemoth Guard (forgefiends n shit)
That's three, all of which are sufficiently different.
Extropian Collective aren't spess muhreenz

>Also what is compliance actions and empire building?
conquering worlds quickly and then ruling them.

>>48174515
Warp Raiders and Behemoth Guard are literally nothing alike.

>>48174600
Paladins of Kor are sort of generalist vanilla marines in terms of combat specialization
>>
>>48174724
>1. Grimdark up the Paladins.
They're pretty grimdark if you guys stop assuming Protectorate worlds are all daisies and sunshine.
>2. Remove the Oathsworn
Removing something is worse than making it better.
>3. Join the Ironhearts and Behemoth Guard together. The bionically enhanced fits for most the legion, and you can have a sect within focus on techno-sorcery.
Why not just develop the Iron Hearts? There's like zero info on them.
>4. Remove the Extra Collective - if you really need an evil robot faction that isnt the Dark Mech, bring back the Men of Iron.
They're cool. Why would we want to remove something that's cool?
>5. Add more chaos legions with their own thing - in canon they managed to have Nightlords, Word Bearers, Black Legion, Alpha Legion.
Most of our chaos legions have their own thing? I do not understand this point.
>If need be, more the Oathsworn down here - a legion of Fabius Biles!
>6. Do something with Warp Raiders, I dont know what, just something, anything.
They're xenos-crazy witches who disappear into the warp. That's something.

I don't understand you people.
>>
>>48177388
>>No one seems to be posting for chaos
Yep. In the original thread it was "what if you were a primarch" and obviously nobody themselves wants to be a chaos-mad weirdo.
>>No one hates psykers
Alexios does. Most primarchs just think it's sort of useful.
>>No one wants to infight between legions
Uh, we're doing that? We can't writefag every single event in the setting in a day, dude.
>>No one wants to kill the primarch
Several primarchs end up dead, a few lost, and the rest simply haven't decided how they die yet. In M41 two primarchs remain.
>>
>>48175286
>>48175295
Why make a new eldar-friendly legion with a way too narrow and questionably useful specialization when we already have an eldar-friendly legion with a more useful specialization (sorcery)?

We have 19 legions, all of which are interesting concepts. We do not have 19 dedicated posters. These threads need to give up the notion of posters having pet legions they write for. We don't need a "warp raiders anon." We need the anons we already have to start writing stuff for the legions that don't have much writing.
>>
>>48181510
It's pretty cool, though. Crazy ego maniac who tries to become the new War God? And is half way to succeeding?
He's the echo of a dead God, in service to the blood god.
>>
>>48181565
Speaking of, I don't think we need to have the Warp Raiders so linked to the Eldar if we're building them up as the arch traitor.
>>
>>48181638
I always assumed the Warmaster himself was the arch-traitor. I never liked the idea of Horus not actually being behind the Horus Heresy and just being a puppet for Lorgar.

IMO the Warp Raiders concept works just fine as guys who got Alpha Legion style visions of the grimdark future and went "renegade" trying to avert it.
>>
>>48179804
That is an excellent idea.

I've put together some possible names for this Legion's Primarch. Let's see what people like.

>Celtic Feel:
Aodhán Kael
Braeloch Kaell

>Sumerian Feel:
Anshar
Sarraqum
Ankinueshpta

>Other Near-East Feel:
Samangelaf
Kashayim
>>
Am I the only one who thinks we should write stuff for the undeveloped legions we have instead of giving us more undeveloped legions?
>>
>>48181773
There's no reason not to have the outline for other Legions beyond the ones we've got.

I hear you, though. I'm really just pitching basic ideas here, I fully expect the older Legions to get more development first rather than this one, if it gets added to the list.

Also, I never envisaged them as chummy with the Eldar as a matter of doctrine or principle. They wouldn't have been consorting with them before the Feast of Blades. They're just rooming in Commoragh because it's convenient and fun for them.
>>
>>48181773
Nah, I think we should write up stuff for them, but we do need more traitors. I'm going to be messing around with Warp Raiders and Blood Hounds tonight.
>>
File: Watchingyou.png (70 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Watchingyou.png
70 KB, 300x300
I'm in your thread, probably shitting it up.
>>
>>48181957
What fucking year is it?
>>
File: swag.jpg (129 KB, 424x600) Image search: [Google]
swag.jpg
129 KB, 424x600
>>48181565
>>48181638

Ah, the xeno lover becoming the arch-traitor.
Memories.

Wouldn't that be problematic with the Eldar having an "in" with a legion.
A tragedy waiting to happen surely that the Eldar couldn't stop the Arch-Traitor even though they were closest to them?

>>48181967
It is the 31st Millennium. For more than a century, The Plot has sat immobile on the 1d4chan page. To be a writer in such times to be one amongst a group of writers. It is to live in the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable. These are the tales of those times. Forgot the power of character development and plot, For so much has been forgotten, Never to be re-itterated. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, For in the Hektor Heresy threads there is only war. There is no peace amongst the pages, only an eternity of trolling and snakes, and the laughter of thirsting writers.
>>
>>48177388
>>48174724

I see a lot of validity here.

>>48175286
Holy shit this dreadnought idea is like the best thing ive read. Very similiar to the Blades Lancers but that just means that they could even be a chaos offshoot.

>>48177664
Interesting point is that without the Emperor, how do we soul bind? I admit the Warhawks were pro-psyker but if we can't regulate and train them - thats a significant issue.

>>48181327
To be fair the Paladins page does specifically say duelling as a specialisation. Otherwise yeah they were meant to be the "Ultramar done right" kind of deal yeah?

Honestly team, I think all this discussion is pretty good. It looks like we are gonna be making some sweeping changes but like the other Anons pointed out, thats likely because the first thread was /how would you Primarch/ maybe we should take a step back and set more solid foundations?
>>
File: 1467742930341.jpg (278 KB, 1200x1440) Image search: [Google]
1467742930341.jpg
278 KB, 1200x1440
>>48182078
I like you. Good posts.
>>
>>48182300
I'm not sure that picture is entirely accurate.
>>
>>48182300
Weeeell, just so long as you lot don't mind an "old fart" in the thread, you flatter me.
>>
>>48182238
I've got an idea of how to help structure out the legions so that the roles are abit clearer.

If we focus on building the Legions as to what they look like at 4 points.

1. The outset of the Crusade
2. The height of the Crusade
3. The onset of the Heresy
4. Post Heresy

As well as try and pair up the legions in the same way the canon legions are paired it might help us try and avoid the issues raised above.

Questions? Queries? Doubtful thoughts?
Suggestions? Critiques? Ideas?
>>
>>48182630

What about later on? Do the Legions break up or devolve due to the need to (In the case of the Crusader States) Garrison and defend vast areas of territory? Is there ever a second founding of sorts or do the Legions remain united for perpetuity?
>>
>>48182662
Well I can't speak for all the legions, I imagine without a Primarch or uniting cause to lead them most would devolve somewhat.

If I were making a crusader state, I would fluff it as after the death of the Primarch, several Captains came forward claiming to be the successor. Whilst a great council was formed to determine who the rightful successor was (a hearing that would last say 200 years)

The different companies settled the region, in order to establish defences, recruitment stations, armouries etc. By the time a leader was selected (or they opted for a council of leaders) the Legion was already fractured beyond repair - now each splinter (or chapter, or house, or whatever you want to call it) sends their leader forth to swear allegiance to the Council/[Insert Leaders Title Here] In truth, outside the Core Worlds the Crusader state is merely an alliance of Chapters guarding against foreign invaders.

But as I said, the fact legions break up or stay together would be the pervue of the creator. the above is simply how I would do it - if I were to have a crusader state.

The legion I wrote up (the Hawks) break into strike companies after the Heresy and begin pirating the Dark Imperium, hunting traitors of note and generally just trying to bleed their fallen brothers.

Some of them know its a futile gesture in the grand scheme of things, but they consider settling down as saying "I give up". A quote I wrote up was along the lines of "As long as one Hawk still draws breath, the Battle for Terra continues, the War for the Imperium carries on" - or some such.
>>
>>48182662
Those who settle down definitely fracture into hundreds/thousands of successor chapters, chartered to defend subsector whatever. Those who stay on the dangerous side of the firewall probably break up into strike companies like >>48182816 which roam in isolated groups.

>>48182078
For the record I am firmly against Oramar being the "arch-traitor." Just let them be crazy witches who do crazy shit.
>>
>>48182238
>Interesting point is that without the Emperor, how do we soul bind? I admit the Warhawks were pro-psyker but if we can't regulate and train them - thats a significant issue.
Maybe there lies the grimdark part: they AREN'T soul-binded.
>>
>>48183098
>Well thats scary as fuck to think about.

I think you just turned the Hawks against the use of Witch-craft in 40k
>>
>>48183098
There should be varying attempts at soul binding. No method works perfectly but some work better than others.
>>
>>48183159
Feasible.

Like having psykers get possessed and have to expel the demon.

or etching runes onto the flesh (and bones) like grey knightesque.

or only working in brotherhoods to enhance the power they can access without having to individually summon much power (reducing the risk of possession)
>>
>>48183159
And if there are methods that work as well as canon soul binding then they should require rare materials, dangerous practices, or something that would cause contention between the crusader states.
>>
>>48183216
Like bathing in the blood of sisters of battle?
>>
>>48183203
>or etching runes onto the flesh (and bones) like grey knightesque.

This is what I immediately envisaged. There's also that ritual the GK do where they ALLOW themselves to be possessed, then drive our the daemon, making them resistant to invasion by other Warp entities.

On the subject of psykers, if the Giant Slayers make the cut, they'll be firmly in the "fuck psykers, fuck sorcerers even harder" territory. In fact, it might be fitting to expand their specialization toward psyker-murder, seeing as sorcery is generally considered unmanly and vile in the heroic folklore these guys are based on.
>>
Amaranth, homeworld of the unwavering legion

The jungle world of Amaranth lies on the border between the Tempestus and Ultima segmentae. Stalked by vicious cat-like predators, its inhabitants struggle to survive with simple stone tools. The first fortress monastery of the Scions, Ferramortis, is located in the highest mountain range of the planet and reaches deep into the planet's core. Only the hardiest of the planet's native population have a hope of reaching it.
>>
>>48183238
Most certainly!
>>
>>48183159
Well yes replacements surely exist but nothing can replace soul-binding to the emperor. And even THAT isn't perfect last I checked.
>>
>>48182630
Reference this idea of pairing legion purposes at the outset of the great crusade. Anyone have any issues - or find any faults with this.

Warhawks - Eyes of the Warmaster (Direct Action / Covert Actions)
Sky Serpents - Oathsworn (Purity of Mind, Purity of Body)
Angels of Light - Bloodhounds (World Builders / World Destroyers)
Fists of Mars - Ironhearts (Mechanicus + Astartes / Dark Mechanicus + Astartes)
Undying Scions - Second Sons (Endurance thru Bionics / Endurance thru Nurgle)
Storm Hammers - Judgement Bringers (Overwhelming Firepower)
Knights Exemplar - Silver Spears (Heavy Single Combat / Light Single Combat)

This leaves Paladins and Voidlords and Warp Raiders without a pair.

Admittedly there are probably better or more accurate matchups so feel free to offer alternatives.
>>
>>48183424
I think we could definitely put in the Giant Slayers.
>>
>>48183676
As a seperate legion or as a chaotic faction of the Knights?

They seemed very similar to the Knights Lancer division - just evil.
>>
>>48183688
Separate Legion. They feel like they have a different sort of flavor in comparison to the knights.

It's like the difference between Siegfried and Lancelot.
>>
>>48183075
So who is the first to go in for Chaos?

>>48183424
There's also Behemoth Guard and possibly the Giant Slayers. I think the Giant Slayers make a great pairing with the Paladins of Kor. Worth reiterating that I think we should only keep the paladins if they're going to be getting their asses handed to them for being so naive.

We could also merge the Paladins with the Knights Exemplar if need be.

+++++++
So far as merging the Ironhearts and Behemoth Guard, we might be able to do that, since I don't think there's much on the Ironhearts, outside of the whole heart thing. We could make one of the Grand Companies of the Behemoth Guard do that, for whatever reason. Perhaps the hearts they use are based on archaeotech blueprints they pulled up someplace.

I'm really fond of the Void Lords and think we should try doing more on them, bringing them into a pairing with the Bloodhounds.

I think the Oathsworn work well if the primarch and legion command gets destroyed during the Battle of Terra, thoug hthat does mess around with Klaus. We could just remove them as a legion and have them as a group akin to the techmarines, who train on Luna.
>>
>>48183814
>I think the Giant Slayers make a great pairing with the Paladins of Kor.

That's actually a really good point.

Classical shit-kicker heroes vs the more modern concept of heroism. Achilles vs Captain America.
>>
>>48183814
By M41 there Paladins will have long since sunk into making compromises and bargaining away their morality to keep their act up if they haven't failed all together.
>>
>>48183814
The Paladins and Knights work better as seperate entities IMO.

Giant slayers I think are great, just an option I was posting having them be an evil subfaction.

I think everyone agrees at this point Kor needs something bad added to demonstrate naivety is bad.

>merging the Ironhearts and Behemoth Guard
Yeah in that post I did that, the reason I kept the Ironheart name was that I think it sounds cooler, no actual judgement on which is more valid.

Is the Void lords anon still around - or were they just a pet project of another posted?

>>48183863
Arent giant slayers evil though? Or do you mean concept at creation kind of deal.
>>
>>48183814
>I think we should only keep the paladins if they're going to be getting their asses handed to them for being so naive.

I wouldn't say they should be getting their asses handed to them. But they should be in a similar position to the canon Imperium IMO - beset by enemies on all sides, torn at by threats from within that they have exceptional difficulty policing, etc.

One thing to remember about 40K is that ultimately the necessary evils of the setting are there because everyone's perpetuating them. It shouldn't be portrayed as impossible to be 'good'... just a ridiculously hard uphill struggle, with the weight of the galaxy against you.
>>
>>48183901
Yeah thats one option that was put out there, the counterpoint from Anders was that because they still had a Primarch they would be less likely to divide.

So I suggested a secret police, not unlike the Inquisition that murderises (secretly) anyone who steps outside the goody-goody image they are trying to maintain.
>>
>>48183907
>Arent giant slayers evil though?

Classical 'heroes' like Achilles and such are pure might makes right. They're often rapists and murderers with a moral compass that anyone today would be horrified by.

Milton's Satan is a Classical hero. Admirable in terms of capability, charismatic, and utterly blinded by hubris.
>>
And then it all went to shit in the name of "consistency."
>>
>>48183957
But they do fall to chaos, thats pretty evil
>>
>>48183999
Well yeah, that's what I'm saying.

Someone like Achilles could easily be a Chaos Champion. Rather than a hero who protects the innocent, he's a hero that does great deeds to glorify himself. Dude rapes a corpse at one point.

He's pretty damn evil by our standards, but in the Classical world? Totally heroic.
>>
>>48183986
Its much better to just have a whole bunch of copy-pasta legions and special snow flakes that make no sense.

I've got an idea for a new legion.

They use the Emperors own genetic make up (Grey Knights did it so I can too, precedence)

Each member is a powerful psyker and as strong as a Custodes.

The Primarch also didn't get taken too far away, in fact he stayed on Terra and was raised by the Emperor so he can control his psychic powers and has the largest legion. He is also a tactical mastermind because he was trained special.
>>
>>48184037
Yeah I get it, just making sure I understood.

>>48184061
Not the most helpful, but I agree consistency is important.
>>
>>48184061
I don't think there are really any copypasta Legions right now.
>>
>>48184061
>Its much better to just have a whole bunch of copy-pasta legions and special snow flakes that make no sense.
Yes.
>>
>>48183986
Nah not really, a lot of the core ideas seem intact. Not everything can stick or make sense.
>>
>>48184101
Well if thats what you want why even make it collab?

Just do it yourself - hell you made half the legions anyway, no wonder you want to protect your snow flakes
>>
>>48183986
>>48184061
I must admit I'm confused. What is this dispute about?
>>
>>48184653
Not entirely sure, I think about how closely the Asunderverse should be tied in with canon.

I think... thats what they mean by consistancy.
otherwise, its our own internal consistancy in which case I don;t know.

Alexious might be able to offer clarification
>>
The few guys left from the Hektor Heresy have been autistically editing their wiki for years. They fine tune every miniscule timeline. They are constantly cutting things because "they don't make any sense," then begging people for new ideas which are just as silly as the old ones, instead of making the original ones work in the first place. They arrogantly think they're writing some epic setting the likes of which the world has never seen, instead of writing nonsense fanfics for an already nonsense setting.

Why can't we just be honest about what we're doing here? Why can't we just be happy with goofy nonsense, since we're writing for a goofy nonsense setting? The canon primarchs are all rediculous mary sues, so why can't ours be?

If we want to write a setting where some noblebright paladins set up their noblebright empire in the far reaches of the galaxy, why can't we? Who's stopping us?

"WELL DA OVVA ASTARTES WUD STOP EM DUH"

Why doesn't the Imperium in 40k wipe the Tau off the face of the planet? I'll give you a hint, it's not for any in-universe reason whatsoever, though they give a few lore handwaves. It's because the Tau are cool, and they can't be cool if they don't exist, so they keep existing.

We need to stop thinking of these stories like the real world where things are based on causality and there are natural consequences to things. 40k is a setting where the rule of cool is paramount and you can write crazy shit.

>>48184653
Nothing in particular I'm just paranoid and crabby today.
>>
>>48184706
>canon primarchs are all rediculous mary sues
I, uh disagree on that one.

>Why can't we just be honest about what we're doing here
This is the crux of the issue I think, we need to determine what that is, obviously some anons have different ideas of what that is.

>based on causality and there are natural consequences to things.
mmm.

In any case thanks for clearing up what you meant.
>>
>>48184706
>The few guys left from the Hektor Heresy have been autistically editing their wiki for years. They fine tune every miniscule timeline. They are constantly cutting things because "they don't make any sense," then begging people for new ideas which are just as silly as the old ones, instead of making the original ones work in the first place. They arrogantly think they're writing some epic setting the likes of which the world has never seen, instead of writing nonsense fanfics for an already nonsense setting.

Weren't you involved with that? Your username on 1d4chan also links to a bunch of edits on the Hektor Heresy pages.
>>
>>48184781
kek
>>
>>48184706
Ah, so I see. Well, I suppose then, the really big question is tone.

Grimdark, some sort of hope to the setting, satire, parody of the Horus Heresy BL stuff?

I, for one, am fully in support of 'wet leopard growls'.
>>
>>48184781
Yeah, that's how I am able to talk about how shit the HH threads were.
>>
>>48184829
Why choose one when you can choose all of the above?
>>
>>48184829
So ill just put it out there as to what I thought we were doing.

I'd suggest others do the same so we can sort out what we want to do collectively.

>Changing the beginning of imperial lore (great crusade & heresy) and then extrapolating what the 40k era would be like, who would be there, and such.

So as Alexios says:
>based on causality and there are natural consequences to things

That was uh, my idea of what was happening.
>>
>>48184867
Because thats just a hodge-plodge of crappy stories that dont make any sense if looked at together. Thats much more the realm of 1 shots, not a community setting.
>>
>>48184894
>Because thats just a hodge-plodge of crappy stories that dont make any sense if looked at together.
You mean like Warhammer 40k?
>>
>>48184867
>>48184877
Problem with all of the above is that we do have some tension between the amount of hope involved. Stuff like that.
>>
>>48184907
So rather than improve you just want to add crappy?
>>
>>48184927
A happy 40k setting isnt a 40k setting.

It defeats the purpose entirely.
>>
>>48181397
>3. Join the Ironhearts and Behemoth Guard together. The bionically enhanced fits for most the legion, and you can have a sect within focus on techno-sorcery.
Why not just develop the Iron Hearts? There's like zero info on them.

I'll develop the fluff/wiki more, don't purge me like that fucker the Emperor did I swear to warp I'll go all crazy on everything.

I even started making an Oathsworn apothecary terminator!
>>
File: Amusing.jpg (224 KB, 900x563) Image search: [Google]
Amusing.jpg
224 KB, 900x563
>>48184837
>>48184706

And I thought you could keep things civil.
>>
>>48184931
If I can sum up my fear, it's this:

I think people are trying to improve things to too high of a standard of internal consistency, uniqueness, etc. I think it's perfectly fine to have a few throwaway legions like the Iron Hearts. Every time I hear someone whine about 'taking up limited legion slots' I cringe.

Instead of trying to make the setting 100% perfect where everything is logical and make sense, I think people should instead just focus on trying to make things somewhat passable. 6 of our legions don't have wiki pages yet. Some pages that exist contain very little information, even though that information already got posted in threads and was good stuff.

Looking at the array of legions we have, I think we're fine. Overlap is at a fine level. Unique ideas are represented. Everything is fine. We we need to build up what we have rather than trying to rebuild foundations. Shit like merging legions is exactly the kind of retarded shit that happened in HH threads.
>>
File: IMG_0482.jpg (2 MB, 3024x4032) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0482.jpg
2 MB, 3024x4032
>>48185022
5th times the charm
>>
>>48185051
In my estimation, here's what we need:

>Wiki pages for the legions who don't have wiki pages yet
>Complete wiki pages for legions whose pages are incomplete
>Assorted writefaggotry for the Red Road to Terra
>Assorted writefaggotry for the Siege of Terra
>Assorted writefaggotry for the Flight from Terra
>Assorted writefaggotry for civil wars among the loyalists

Then we're basically done.
>>
>>48185051
I suppose it's worth pointing out that the 40k setting was not assembled fully in the first go over.
Might be worthwhile not to worry about the details and just let it happen.
>>
>>48185100
In fairness to Alexios/Golgothos, this isn't the first time he's working through the process. You guys might be working on a first draft, but this is his second swing at an alternate timeline based on what he thought went wrong with the Hektor Heresy.

As an observer (though not an impartial one), I actually think that the "hodge-podge of crappy stories" style has a lot going for it. Trying to track continuity is a pain in the ass and you can always hide behind the "unreliable narrator" routine.
>>
>>48185100
I agree with this post.
>>
For what its worth I tried to keep my stuff as tidy as possible and not too conflicting with other people. But...at the same time? I worry its just too 'standing there'. Althought, I suppose, one could argue that it might just be the Storm Hammers being increasingly insular. They got their own corner of the galaxy (and their own pride) and its not difficult to imagine they're starting to feel like they alone shoulder the burden of a 'true' Imperium when in reality this is most likely how each Crusader State feel about the state of things.
>>
>>48185051
>>48185082
>>48185100
Okay, well as I said I was working on a slightly different understanding, I think the Hawks are pretty up to date in terms of amount of content so ill just take a break and come back when the setting is abit more fleshed out or I have some more ideas.

Ill keep lurking but my writing method is abit different so at this point I can't offer much.
>>
>>48185163
I agree. One of the main reasons I drifted away from the Hektor Heresy is it felt more and more like work, even though I barely did anything. I like this because it's a little more out there, and a little more friendly to just showing up with ideas, no matter how well they fit. Obviously no square pegs in round holes, but octagonal pegs in round holes isn't that bad right?
>>
I made a page for the Iron Hearts. Also, if anyone can clearly depict the colors/icon for another Legion, I'd like to start building and painting a few marines for other Legio as well.
>>
>>48185446
>>48185232
>>48185220
>>48185181
Then the consensus, as I see it, is to chill the fuck out, goof around with some ideas and make some stuff.
We'll throw things at the wall and see what sticks.
What lends itself to ideas will go on, etc etc, but for right now and the forseeable future, we'll just do ideas.
>>
>>48185446
I think we started to bang the table a bit too hard about getting things "done", especially with regard to the Heresy itself. It's basically the most tightly-fit part of the setting, where there's only the [however many] Legions plus hangers-on to work with. Whenever anons have been writing about stuff in the Great Crusade it's been a lot more chill.
>>
File: Undying Scions.jpg (49 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
Undying Scions.jpg
49 KB, 400x500
We all have different reasons for wanting to do this, but that doesn't mean they have to conflict.

>>48185522
Any chance you could do a dreadnought like this?
>>
>>48185584
Uh I don't exactly have a large number of dreadnoughts lying around, but if you sent me one I'd paint it purple?
>>
>>48185856
Ah, afraid I can't do that mate. If you could do a normal battle brother that'd still be great.
>>
Does anyone know if the Silver Spears are present during the battle of Terra?
>>
“FOR THE WARMASTER! FOR GLORY! DO IT NOW BROTHERS! HAHAHAAAW!!!” the crazed exclamations of Milvious Garmon were cut short by the blare of a thousand bolters and other weapons, which liquified his superhuman body in extremely short order. Some seconds later, the faint whistling of shells could be discerned, and then the side of the stadium which held the majority of newly-minted “loyalist” astartes was mercilessly bombarded by all the artillery that poor Enoch could muster from his storage.

The XIII primarch overlooked this grisly scene without saying a word. His mind instinctually sprung to self-blame: Why wasn’t I able to foresee any of this? How could we possibly– but Xun Tohilcoatl of the Sky Serpents forced himself to throw such childishness away, and instead focused on what to do next: I need to regain command, get our sons out of this killzone. Wait... who?

“Quickly sir,” this was Patta, one of the two favored veterans currently attending to him in his private, conspicuously safe viewing hall, “we must get out of here before anyone can–”. Xun did not let him finish, but in a single fluid motion grabbed the plasma gun from his hands, turned towards the door, and fired. The blue star-energy coruscated from the weapon to the other end of the room before exploding brightly and harmlessly against a solid surface. A second later, the flash and dust cleared to reveal a hideous, leering face carved in silver. Its mouth seemed to bob slightly, as if in silent laughter, and immediately returned the favor by covering the whole room in blinding emerald light. Patta and his fellow veteran gasped forlornly as the rad-weapon cooked them inside their armor. Xun on the other hand was able to draw his arm to his face in time, and the plate he had forged alongside his father held strong. By the time he withdrew it, the shield with the demon’s face had been lowered to reveal a much uglier sight.
>>
>>48186362
“Kashaln,” the Serpent’s voice was a volcano held in the hands, dripping.

“Hello brother,” he replied amidst the din of a one-sided battle, “I see your witch-sight is as keen as ever.”

“Too generous; I could never foresee someone as tall as you bending down to lick the Warmaster’s boots so readily,” Xun took this time to smoothly shift his left foot back, and lay a hand on the hilt of his sword.

“Oh, do not be that way, little one.” Fuck you. “The Warmaster has simply offered me opportunities which our noble Father persisted in denying. For example,” he hefted the great spear over his shoulder as if it were a parade baton, “the Emperor would never have let me wet my blade with one of his precious sons.”

The strength in his bound would have carried him nearly halfway to where his brother was standing. However, the Argent Captain did not even make it there. With a gesture, Xun guided most of the psychic energy around them straight into Kashaln’s head, producing a deafening shriek which no other ears could hear. It was an almost bizarre display, the IV primarch dropping first to one knee, and then onto his back without so much as a touch from his enemy. But Xun Tohilcoatl felt no pity; indeed, with this much extra power the spell would normally have popped the heads of over a dozen large orks. So much the better. With his right hand, he drew the mighty bronze power-jian his people had gifted him. Perhaps it would give this wastrel too good of a death, but such concerns were secondary now.
>>
>>48186389

“Did you think I was going to indulge you with a duel, you worthless bastard?” he approached the fallen traitor at a leisurely pace, sword dancing deathly in his hand. “We should have splayed your treacherous hide years ago. An honest mistake.” Xun was only a few feet from him now, so close that he could see water in the primarch’s eyes as he clutched his ears in futility. Was he trying to ask for mercy? Just like the mercy he’d shown to all the marines outside.

“But I’m going to fix that right now.” The Sky Serpent raised his sword in the air, its blue hum filling all the earth and sky.

That's the first part of the duel between Xun and myself. Please critique to your heart's content. Hell, even suggest what happens next.
>>
File: 1417218356133.jpg (954 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1417218356133.jpg
954 KB, 2048x1536
>>48186362
>>48186389
>>48186411
This is great stuff. Kashaln comes off as spooky, Xun comes off as smart, and everyone is cool. 100% grimderp A+ post.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.