[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Crazy Ass Situation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /t/ - Torrents

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_0608.jpg (74 KB, 800x754) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0608.jpg
74 KB, 800x754
Alright turds, listen up. I need your situation.

My mom works at a doctor's office. Today she calls me talking about a patient they had today who is filing for bankruptcy, even though his job is going perfectly fine.

The man said to my mother that their router got 'hacked'. Any the hacker, or maybe a group of people, was somehow able to download presumably TB's of data through that router. I did not talk to the man myself but presumably there was no one outside his home that he could see that would be within range of his home router's signal.

One day he gets a letter from some big company saying they are filing a law suit for $1,000,000 on the grounds of breaking copyright infringement laws. He can prove that he didn't do it, nor any of his family, but supposedly the alleged claims are legit because 'they used his router'.

He said the people he talked thinks one of his family's mobile devices got hacked on a public network, from which the hacker got his home router's password.

Does all of this make sense to you? I could see his home network possibly getting 'hacked', but to download enough data for not only somebody to notice, but for them just to send only a letter about a $1,000,000 law suit?

Wouldn't the FBI get involved? You don't just send a letter to someone about this sort of thing?

It all sounds fishy to me.
>>
>>724712
>I need your situation.
I need your opinion.
>>
You can anything with tech if you have the knowlege, but how much TB's of data you have to dl to aquire the 1M fine? Also wifi routers have 100-150 meters range so no need to sit in front of the house like in movies, if this is true he'll get into hell of a law shitstorm.
>>
>>724718
You're doing it wrong.

>>724712
This is /t/orrents not /t/echsupport. Fuck off to >>>/g/sqt.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.