[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck did the NBA actually let him go to the Warriors,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 1
File: kevin-durant.jpg (286 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
kevin-durant.jpg
286 KB, 1600x900
How the fuck did the NBA actually let him go to the Warriors, why are they letting one team hoard most of the great players in the league and how the fuck is that fair?
>>
>>69555089
Are you joking? Look at The Miami Heat with Lebron. Look at the Celtics with Garnett.
>>
>>69555089
it's called FREE agency
players can go where they feel like as long as finances are in order
>>
They only got one free agent... The rest of the big 4 they got fair and square from the draft.
>>
silver said its going to be a point of discussion in the next cba talks for the sake of competitive balance
>>
>>69555089
they won Durant, but they also lost all their balance with Barnes and Bogut going away, as well as Barbosa and Ezeli

so they added an impressive 4th big name, but I'm not sure that, as a team, they improved
>>
>>69555435
the commissioner has the right to veto a trade for basketball reasons.
>>
>>69555089
Draymond Green is going to have an off year filled with douchebag-related off-court issues

Durant will never really fit into the team, always seems awkward and shoehorned in

both of these are 100% plausible, and after this year I'm pretty sure the Warriors team is blowing up, right? Don't most of their players have massively underwritten contracts because none of them were supposed to have ended up this good? Seems like this has a lot of ways it could go tits up
>>
>>69556304
no, he doesn't.

Chris Paul to Lakers was special in that the NOLA Hornets were owned by the NBA itself, making the commissioner the decision maker. Is that a conflict of interest? Probably? But normally, no, the Commish can't just stop a trade cuz he doesn't like it
>>
>>69556337
it's a good rule, this league has terrible parity and is not entertaining. the warriors were the most entertaining thing to happen in the 2000s because they figured out a way to create a super team without superstars, now they are falling into the same trap.
>>
>>69556304
Land of the "free"
>>
>>69556410
it's the smallest league in the country with only 500 players and that's being generous. there needs to be some efforts made to create parity or it would be boring to watch.
>>
>>69555115
you can argue it was different because those were 3 of the top 25 and then a bunch of nobodies, while this is 3 of the top 10 with not a completely terrible team around them
>>
>>69556304
>a trade
>free agency
>the same thing

stop being fucking stupid
>>
>>69555089
The NBA never has been and never will be fair.
>>
Something bad is going to happen with this Warriors team and it'll end up with Curry leaving to Charolette
>>
Fucking Americans and their commie sports. Why don't you just give the trophy to every team, you're not against equality, are you?
>>
>>69555089
Nike did this. They wanted a man in the Warriors team so it made sense to push KD to join, for them to sell more signature shoes.
>>
they couldn't stop it

well, they could have agreed on cap smoothing had they been willing to make some concessions to the player's union, but good luck getting the owners to concede an inch.
>>
>>69559133
>I'm going to pretend Financial Fair Play doesn't exist
>>
>>69558976
I can only hope

t. NC redneck
>>
>>69559379
So putting Durant in another player's shadow will sell more shoes? Ok. I think if it was up to Nike they wouldn't want Durant at OKC. Basketball is their bread and butter, they need the league to be as entertaining as possible.
>>
>>69555089
Curry and Thompson have been good for like 2 years. Durant has been good since coming into the league. It's not like a great lebron coming to a team with a great proven wade and good player in bosh.
>>
What is this meme about the NBA and parity? In any given basketball season there's like 4 teams at best with a chance to win.
>>
>>69556337
all nba trades have to be approved by the league office
>>
>>69555089
They are experimenting and in return obtain valuable analytics and data that can prove to be valuable in the long run of the nba. The cap raise, more rule changes and tweaks, etc. The more the game develops, the more the association will have totest out new theories ans concepts and proposals from within the org, etc...
Kevin Durant did a bold and extraordinary move by giving up his throne in okc and joining a beaten warriors team in order to create a potential dynasty - and in doing so creating a gap, and casting a shadow over most tittles won since the last team to be considered a dynasty. Trips rings in a row and more...
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9DD1k3OBWc
>>
>>69555115
>durant joins a championship winning, 73 win team with the current back to back mvp and who were up 3-1 in the finals last year, leaving a top 5 player
>lebron joins a shitty miami team, leaving mo williams
>same thing

nah
>>
>>69558437
>3 of the top 10
??? They only have two of the top 10: Curry and Durant. It's more like they have 4 of the top 25
>>
>>69564039
trades

not UNRESTRICTED, FREE AGENCY
>>
Why did Bogut leave? wasn't he a staple for GSW this season, and last ones as well?
Why would they let him go?
>>
>>69555115
Low tier b8
>>
>>69556390
> this league has terrible parity
Since the first 'super team' happened in Boston, 6 out of the 8 years have had a unique champion.
>>
>>69562905
There's only one ball. Durant is an outstanding player, despite being a spineless pussy. Yes, his star will shrink, but so will Curry's. Curry and UA were gaining a lot of ground. Durant being there to take possessions and shots away from Curry keep Curry out of MVP consideration, probably 1st team all-nba consideration and so on.
Curry will probably play better basketball this year, but his counting stats will go down. He won't come close to his 3 record next season.
>>
>>69566919
To afford Durant.
>>
>>69555089
Hello you play to win the game!
>>
>>69556304
What trade was made? You can't fucking fuck with free agency. It a be some shit if they tell a player he can't go here or there while a free agent.
>>
>be golden state warriors GM
>Curry has problems as a PG under pressure, tends to chuck sometimes without moving the ball, turnovers galore
>I know, let's bring in a G/F who cant be a true PG to relieve the pressure off of our best player and the best shooter in the NBA

Nothing will change, Warriors will win games, but crumble in the playoffs. 60 wins, second place, lose to spurs

Screen cap this
>>
>>69567166
>m-muh spuds. poopovich is genius

Kill yourself. They were exposed by the blunder. The Warriors have already clinched the title, there is absolutely no competetion. If you were a smart man, bet your entire life savings on them winning the finals, that's what I did and I'm gonna make a pretty penny. Good thing I did it before the KD decision so I will make even more money now. kek desu
>>
>>69556318
>Durant will never really fit into the team

the greatest spot up shooter in the league doesn't fit on a team that does nothing but shoot?
>>
>>69556280
Absolutely this. Every time Bogut was out last season, their production dipped dramatically. It's also a fairly bold prediction that injuries couldn't possibly knock GSW out of contention next year.
>>
>>69555089

You now remember the commissioner blocked Chris Paul going to the Lakers but his protege was ok with letting this shit happen. Basketball is dead.
>>
>>69555089
KD and Draymond are top 10
Curry is right around 11
Klay is somewhere in the high teens/low 20s

No one else on the team cracks top 50.

They're not even the best super team in recent memory.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.