[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which rugby is better, Union or League?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: sam-burgess_3088549b.jpg (84 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
sam-burgess_3088549b.jpg
84 KB, 620x387
Which rugby is better, Union or League?
>>
Its like golf and mini golf desu.
>>
The pinnacle of Rugby Union is viewed as the penalty goal. Every rule in the entire game is geared towards maximizing the amount of penalty goals that can be attempted within 80 minutes. Its great viewing. What a thrilling sport.
Rugby league is OK but I can't deal with all that running and passing. Sometimes a whole game can pass without a single penalty goal being kicked! Can you imagine?
I hardly ever get to sit and watch for eight minutes while a scrum collapses and repacks six times, followed by a penalty goal, in rugby league. If league wants to compete they need far more of it.
Also, there's far too much game time in rugby league. They set up too many plays and go far too long without slowing the game down with penalties, line outs and 4 scrum re-packs. What rugby league need to do is make field goals and penalty goals worth more, so more time is spent standing around watching one guy kick a ball. Did you guys see the latest Durban Pirates vs Roturua Razorbacks game? Six penalty goals to five! The pirates had no answer to the Razorbacks tactics of kicking the ball out then collapsing the scrum.
Its this level of tactical sophistication that is missing in rugby league, where as you rightly point out, its just a bunch of athletic guys trying to score tries against each other. Yawn.
>>
Rugby league players who were literal reserve graders like Berrick Barnes, Joesph Tomane and Rocky Elsom end up being superstars who walk straight into national teams. Even guys who considered “flops” like Sam Burgess still played for their country

Name me some Union players who ended up dominating League
>>
neither, play a real sport like football fags
>>
Unbiased view here, I've watched both (at the request of Oceanic posters) and league was better.
>>
>>69553189
Elite post Mr BSA
>>
>>69553052
i did a poo
>>
Why do we still have this thread?

It is the same shit every time. There will be arguing between both sides, and when the league boys inevitably win, the union lads will resort to their old, pathetic and outdated working class/middle class "argument" and just make fools of themselves.

At the end of it all, we don't get anywhere, you just like poking the union fans with a stick, don't you /sp/?
>>
>implying rugby sevens isn't objectively superior to both
>>
>>69553388
League 9s > Union 7s
>>
We shall let walkbro decide
>>
>>69553171
>Sam Burgess, the greatest player to ever play league, can only make the bench
>SBW, the second greatest player to ever play league, can only make the bench
>Wally Lewis, the GOAT league player only started playing league because he couldn't get selected in the Australian rugby team because Mark Ella was there

Explain to me again why anyone watches Rugby League?
>>
Can we not just agree they're both shit-tier for fat bastards who couldn't get onto the football team?
>>
Honestly, not even shitposting, to this day it still amazes me that there is a single person on this planet who thinks league is better. It's just mind boggling.
>>
>>69553949
I feel the same about union
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.