[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know consensus is he peaked at Juventus, but is it really true?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: zidane3.jpg (71 KB, 656x369) Image search: [Google]
zidane3.jpg
71 KB, 656x369
I know consensus is he peaked at Juventus, but is it really true? Those two CL finals that he disappeared in really fucks up his Juventus career for me
>>
Its a meme cause he was so underwhelming at Madrid.

He wasn't even better than Del Piero pre-injury.
>>
he peaked with France during the Juve years
>>
>zidane disappears in CL finals
>wins world cup
I RATE ZIDANE LOL FUCKING HIPSTERS
>ZIDANE
LOL

>disappears in CL finals
>doesn't play in euro final
General consesus that Cristiano Aveiro GOATnaldo is truly the greatest player of football history amirite guys
>>
>>69547056
Holy shit man give it a rest.
>>
For Madrid he was only good the first two seasons.
Then he magically recovered his stamina right after the 2006 WC group stages.
>>
File: rothelsburger_fedora.jpg (47 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
rothelsburger_fedora.jpg
47 KB, 640x360
>le fancy YouTube tricks poor anger management mercenary berber man
>I rate him (pbuh)
>>
>>69546956
Was he really? Maybe in the league, but was always fantastic in CL.
>>69547020
Agreed, but it's close. He was better in 2006 than in 98, but was better in 2000 than 2004.
>>69547056
But Ronaldo did play in the final
>>
Was he really that good ? I didn't start watching football until 2008
>>
>>69547381
>neo-/sp/
>>
For juve has always been "nice to see play" but not very useful in the field for the victory.
The champion was Del Piero.
>>
>>69547381
he was like Iniesta and Xavi morphed into one player with good headers and long shots added, in terms of skill he was an absolute GOAT midfielder, it's just that he was inconsistent. He often disappeared for entire weeks in the league. He was a genius in big games though, especially for France.

Also, he didn't peak in Juve. He was a lot faster than in Madrid, but that's about it, his ball control got even better when he went to Spain and during his first two seasons there he did things with the ball that he didn't even attempt before. He actually studied archive materials of Di Stefano and modeled some parts of his game after him to adapt to spanish football (he struggled during first months).

Then Perez sold Makelele and forced Madrid managers to play Galacticos in literally every possible game to generate money, even against some literally whos in Copa del Rey. So, suddenly 30+ Zidane was without any bodyguards in midfield and playing 90 minutes in 50 games every season + touring Asia during the summer. He lost all stamina, he was tired mentally too, he didn't have anyone to recover the ball for him, he had shit managers and a lazy team. He couldn't even quit his NT to get some rest, because they immedietaly struggled in WC 2006 quals and literally begged him to come back and carry them. He was a physical and mental wreck until he suddenly came back to life during 2006 WC knockout stages.
>>
>>69547500
Terrible english
>>
>>69547584
Leave him alone. Its understandable and thats all that matters.
>>
>>69547056
Lol, such a dick tsucker
>>
>>69547574
It wasn't just Zidane, Makelele and Thuram also came back
>>
>>69547574
based resident pole with his pinpoint posts
>>
>>69547584
tbhm8 the very fact that i can't string together even a short sentence of coherent Italian makes me admire his comparatively superb English. And also, we all perfectly understand what he said.... he's not like that one argie on /sp/ whose severly limited English vocabulary makes him sound retarded.
>>
What do the stars above Juventus crest mean? Titles won? Trebles?
>>
>>69550595
Every star represents 10 domestic league titles, so Juve's 3 stars are a result of their 32 scudetti. This is why both the Milan clubs have 1 star each (18 titles each)
>>
>>69547500
He had some great performances though, i think Zidane considers the 4-1 vs Ajax his best ever game
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.