[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Greatest nba players of all time 1. Jordan 2. Bill Russell
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2
File: images (7).jpg (14 KB, 319x461) Image search: [Google]
images (7).jpg
14 KB, 319x461
Greatest nba players of all time
1. Jordan
2. Bill Russell
3 Kareem
4. Magic
5. LeBron
6. Wilt
7. Larry Bird
8. Hakeem
9. Shaq
10. Kobe
>>
Can we stop putting Bill Russell in the Top 10 all time players list? He had it extremely easy playing in a time when he was the only Tall Strong BBC in a sport of white beta manlets.
>>
>>69532485
Then by that logic we should disregard wilt. Russell won 11 rings and stopped wilt.
>>
Jordan - obvious
Magic - GOAT leader, PG
Bird - GOAT clutch player, SF, trash talker
Kareem - best offensive weapon of all time, Duncan level proffesionalism on the court
Duncan - Magic level leadership, most efficient player of all time, GOAT PF in the best era of PFs
LeBron - the most gifted player of all time, whether he reached his potential or not. Has the whole package and then some
Shaq - same as LeBron, dominant beyond anyones control
Hakeem - changed the game for big men, even then, still the most dominant finesse big man to play the game

that's a pretty solid top 8, I really don't know who's after that.
I would say Kobe is the front runner.
Then Iverson just at what he did with what he had.
Then Dirk because regardless of his accolades, he was one of the hardest players to guard, ever.
If Curry won game 5 of the finals, probably would've said him regardless of his chucking. But that's out the window, him and Durant will never be in any discussion ever again, maybe the Warriors can be considered a GOAT team, but still.
Karl Malone is a Kareem tier offensive weapon.
Isiah Thomas is a Magic level leader, and goat manlet scorer, proto Iverson.
>>
>2. Bill Russell

6'10 nigga had a worse FG% than Kobe

FUCKING KOBE
>>
>>69532485
>>69532501
no he's right

wilt/russell era was meme era. russell won the rings because he had the better team. it was a 2-team era with 6 foot white guys named scotter and buzz
>>
>>69532485
Fucking this. I'm so tired of seeing meme players like russel and wilt in the top 10.
>>
Shaq is easily top 5.

At his best he's probably the GOAT.
>>
>>69532504
Solid reasoning. Curry needs at least 3 rings to make the list for me but his impact on the game is one of the greatest. Duncan is high up on my list as well. Iverson was probably the most offensively focused guard of all time but didn't really live up to his potential
>>
you don't make a top 10 of a basketball league that had about 3k players playing in all it's 70 year history. a top 5 would do it and this topic is already overdiscussed.
>>
>>69532485
First post best post
>>
>>69532426
I'd put wilt at 2, bird ahead of lebron (#1 in personality) and duncan at like 4 or 5. Tim Duncan just gets skipped in these lists because he's been so humble/quiet throughout his career, but he transformed a losing team into perennial contenders over his entire career.
>>
>>69532504
>Duncan over Bron
disregarded
>>
>>69532659
>tanking to get him team
ftfy
>>
>>69532659
(OP) Duncan was the greatest power forward of all time assuming we can discount bird and LeBron as not real power forwards. I just can't see how I could put him in over any people on my list
>>
>>69532697
Thats not a reflection of him. Name a better team player/leader in the game, or hell even all of sports.
>>
>>69532712
yes canada, we know that by all sports you tiny brain means hockey, basketball and handegg
>>
1) MJ - you so nuts if you pick anyone else here

2) Kareem - TWENTY year NBA career after a four years in college, NINETEEN All-Star appearances, won Finals MVP at the age of 38, averaged 35/17 in a season.

3) Russ - 11 rings. Easy era but he played great team ball and dominated Wilt H2H despite being outmatched physically

4) Wilt - Dominant statistically/larger than life figure.

5) Magic - Insanely clutch and versatile. Along with Larry, built the NBA from a fringe league to the juggernaut it is today.

6) LeBron - Can't in good faith put him above Magic, though he has better stats, as Magic's era was infinitely more difficult. Greatest player of his generation by far though.

7) Shaq - Impossible to defend in his prime.

8) Bird - Was probably 99.9% as good as Magic in his prime, but only played for 13 years. He was probably better than LeBron at his peak though as he fit into a team better (can play off the ball) and was a bit more clutch.

9) Duncan - Pretty much no weaknesses anywhere and dominant defensively. Won at least 50 games EVERY YEAR of his career besides the lockout seasons.

10) Hakeem - Greatest one-man playoffs in history.

5-8 is really close though.

Honorable Mention:
Oscar, Jerry West, Dirk, KG, Malone, Barkley

Not Rated:
Ko-14,481-bricks
>>
>>69532712
Lebron
Magic
Jordan

easy
>>
>>69532712
Dirk Nowitzki
>>
>>69532711
both are SFs retard
>>
>>69532748
best itt
>>
>>69532711
Thats just because of as I said he's been humble/quiet, if he was a raging "Im the greatest!" loudmouthed nigger he'd be at the top of every list and all the kids in the hood would be wearing nike duncans

>>69532746
Why the fuck are you even here? We all know that the only sport yoour alluding me to missing is soccer, and that's the only sport with athletes you can draw examples from. If I said someone like maradonna or varela who rallied their troops and lead their countries to titles would you have been happier? Or would you only accept me listing a spaniard that no one outside of the iberian peninsula knows/cares about?
>>
>>69532912
No actually I look at the stats among other things. His double double stats rebounds, rings,and blocks are all great but can I put him as a top 10 player? No
>>
>>69533021
fucking retard
>>
Jordan
Kareem
Magic

Are the undisputed top 3.

The rest who gaf?
>>
>>69533021
http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2016/07/11/tim-duncan-by-the-numbers/#4dc7b0aa1634

>2: NBA MVP awards for Duncan in 2002 and 2003.
>3: NBA Finals MVP awards in 1999, 2003 and 2005. Only Michael Jordan won more.
>5.14: Duncan’s Defensive Real Plus-Minus during the 2015-16 season led the NBA. He retires second all-time in Defensive Win Shares behind only Bill Russell.
>12: Division titles for the Spurs during the Duncan-era, in addition to the five NBA championships.
>15: All-NBA selections, tied for most all-time. His 15 NBA All-Defensive Team honors is the most ever.
Recommended by Forbes
>67-15: Spurs record this season, the best in franchise history.
>126: Postseason wins for the trio of Duncan, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili.
>157: Duncan’s playoff wins are second most in playoff history.
>164: Career postseason double-doubles for Duncan, most in NBA history.
>.710: Winning percentage for the Spurs during Duncan’s career. It is the best 19-year stretch in NBA history and the best in the four major sports of any team during that time. The Patriots rank second at .704. The Spurs won at least 60% of their game each of Duncan’s 19 seasons.
>1,001: Wins for Duncan under Gregg Popovich. It is the most ever for a player-coach duo in NBA history.
>1,072-438: Regular season record for the Spurs since drafting Duncan.
>1,158: Total regular and postseason wins for Duncan. Only Kareem Abdul-Jabbar won more.
>17,950: Regular and postseason rebounds, fourth most all-time.

What numbers do you want? His stats are unbelievable. The dude is a winner plain and simple, I don't know what more you could possibly want
>>
>>69533288
6>5
>>
>putting players you never watched before they retired in your top list
opinion discarded
>>
1. Jordan
2. Magic
3. Bird
4. Kareem
5. Duncan
6. Shaq
7. LeBron
8. Hakeem
9. Dr. J
10. Isaiah Thomas
>>
1.MJ
2.LeGod
3.Kareem
POWER GAP
everyone else
>>
>>69533897
>Isaiah thomas
WEW LAD
>>
>>69532426
>Lebron better than Wilt
Fuck you
>Lebron better than Bird
FUCK. YOU.
>Shaq better than Kobe
I don't even like either of these guys, but fuck you very much.
>>
>>69532504
Do you just copy-paste this?
>>
>>69532426
I am SICK and TIRED of kobe being consistently shafted in these ratings. Have we forgotten already? Kobe is a literal god and people are letting his shitty last few seasons determine his legacy for them. After Jordan, the throne was not passed to lebron, it was passed to Kobe, who 3-peated before lememe even entered the league.
>>
>>69534146
>jordan
>magic
>kareem
>kobe
>bird
>lebron
everything else is up for debate
>>
>>69534089
>lebron not better than wilt or bird
Eat a dick you fucking casual. You never watched either of them and you're just memeing what espn tells you. Lebron is objectively better than Bird. Stats and achievement wise. Wilt just beat up on lil white boys.
>>
File: lebron-laugh-cavs.jpg (89 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
lebron-laugh-cavs.jpg
89 KB, 640x427
>bird is better than legod
>kobe is better than legod
>magic is better than legod
>wilt is better than legod
>russell is better than legod
STAY WRONG FAGGOTS
>>
>>69534146
>carried by shaw for 3 peat
>chucker
>rapist
>>
>>69534146
>>69534165
Samefag
>>
>>69534276
yeah those are both me I replied to my own post so you would know that the second post is in addition to the first
why would I samefag with extra flags on how dumb do you think I am
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.