[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trophies Power Rankings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 346x346) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 346x346
1) World Cup
2) Euro cup
3) Champions League
4) Domestic League
5) Domestic Trophy (FA Cup, etc)
6) Copa America

We can all agree correct? #1 being the most important.
>>
Copa America shared with CL. Would give them the same level of importance really. 10 years ago I would have considered Copa a meme trophy like the Gold cup but nowadays players genuinely care about it
>>
>>69530103
>players care about it
>70% of teams send meme squads
>players like Neymar and Suarez don't even bother playing

"No"
>>
1. Lombardi Trophy
2. Commissioner's Trophy
3. Stanley Cup
4. Larry O'Brien Trophy
5. CFB Natty Trophy
>>
>>69530087
>Euro cup

What's that?
>>
>>69530103
>care about it
They get the choice from their CLUB to choose between Copa and the Olympics and some players even pick the Olympics.

Not to be a bitch bro, but ask that question over here in Europe to players and they laugh at the Olympics. Same with CL you say?
>>
>>69530087
1 Euro cup
2 World Cup
3 Champions League
4 Domestic League
5 Copa America
>>
>>69530087

Copa America should be the same level as the Euros (level 2).

Whether European football is better than South American football (it is) is a separate point. But in the hierarchy, an international tournament for a certain region is still above the club tournaments for that region
>>
>>69530175
If it's most influence in the final, turn your list around and you have CR7's list
>>
>>69530161
>players pick Olympics over copa America
> >
>>
>>69530127
put the O'Brien above the Stanley Cup and we've got a deal
>>
1. AFCON
999999. All others
>>
>>69530223
>gaymar would be best player amd savior of brazil in copa
>chooses olimpdicks

Good point m8
>>
>>69530123

The Copa America Centenario of 2016 was a special case.

Messi, Neymar and Suarez all played in the 2011 and 2015 ones.
>>
>>69530087
2bh international football is shit compared to clubs football, most of the players don't even know and they only have some weeks to prepare their style.
That's why the champions league had matches like Bayern vs Juve (both legs) and Euro had matches like Croatia vs Portugal.

Anyway the WC is still the most important trophy and it's not even close.
>>
Imo you can't put clubs trophies and international trophies in the same ranking.

International:

1. WC
2. Euro
3. Copa America
4. Confederations
5-6. Gold Cup or the African Cup. African nations have more talented individual players but CONCACAF teams are a bit better
7. Asian Cup
8. The joke of Oceania

Clubs:

1. CL
2. Europa
3. Libertadores
4. Clubs WC
5. The rest

Regarding the leagues, it really depends on the league.
>>
File: 20100728171758_g.jpg (32 KB, 460x305) Image search: [Google]
20100728171758_g.jpg
32 KB, 460x305
Yup, that's a trophy.
>>
>>69530320
Nah youre just a spic m8
>>
>>69531042
Don't you have a 50% chance to be a spic as well as an american on a anonymous european imageboard?
>>
>>69530087
1 - WC
2 - Euro
3 - Champions League
4 - Domestic League
5 - Europa League
6 - Domestic cup (FA cup...)
7 - Domestic shitty cup (Carling cup...)

That's only regarding european teams. I can't put the Copa América nor the Copa Libertadores there, it's impossible to compare
>>
>>69531069
Yeah but Im a Russian living in America so im nota beaner m8
>>
>>69531117
Forgot to mention, the domestic league is above the Europa League only for teams from England, Spain, Italy and Germany. Maybe Portugal and Netherlands, I'm not sure about those.
For the rest it's way below.
>>
>>69531134
In Portugal we definitely feel like Domestic league>Europa League, but that is mostly due to intense rivalries, because most our teams (5th place and below) are shit
>>
>>69530474
Well, the CL also had matches like City vs PSG (both legs), without a doubt the shittiest football I've ever seen in a major tournament
>>
File: Ashes.jpg (27 KB, 500x536) Image search: [Google]
Ashes.jpg
27 KB, 500x536
all others suck
>>
>>69531239
nah m8 our clubs give priority to the league but i bet all the coachs would rather win the europa league
>>
I would say Euro is #2 until this year, this year it was clearly even worth less than an olympic medal in gymnastics
>>
>>69531673
>its an upset beaner episode
>>
1) World Cup
2) Champions League
3) Euro cup
4) Copa America
5) Europa League
6) Domestic League
7) Domestic Trophy (FA Cup, etc)
>>
>>69530087

You can't really compare club and NT championships, mr. Fat Murrican
>>
>>69531673
Are you implying an Olympic medal in Gymnastics is worthless, you fucking cunt?
I'd like to see you try and pull half the crazy shit those people do without cracking your fat skull in half, you worthless piece of shit.
>>
World Cup
Euro cup
Champions league
Copa America
Premier league
La liga
Serie A
Europa league
Liberators
Confederation cup
African cup
Bundesliga

Meme cups need not apply
>>
>>69530281
>>69530320
>>
why are you fags comparing club and international football

1.wc
2.yuro cup
3.copa america
4.confederations
5.african cup
6.asian cup
8.mexicowinslol cup
9.oceania cup

1.champions league
2.domestic league
3.europa league
4.domestic cup
5.club world cup
6.who gives a fuck
>>
>>69534623
This, pretty much.
>>
>>69534623
well we tend to evaluate players who were either successful in one or the other so it is helpful to relative value to each trophy so we can better compare players.

for instance, fat ronaldo and maradona were goliaths for their countries but mediocre in europe. versus messi and maldini who dominated europe but failed to capture national glory.
>>
>>69534623

Club World Cup should be more important than domestic cups, asian and latin american teams care about it since it is free money
>>
>>69534768
NT tournaments are generally more important than club because there are fewer of them and they tend to unite fans of rival teams inside a same country.

I also find them more interesting because some Russian/Arab cunt can't just buy the best team.
>>
>>69534859
from a purely competitive standpoint I tend to rate champions league as the highest form of the sport for the very reason you mentioned: big money putting together a superteam.

I feel like when two superteams face off it is more even than when 2 teams that are composed of players who happened to be born there. I always feel like the last 4 of the CL is the most compelling football of the year. final 4 of a national tournament can feel 1 sided, and I don't mean to allude to 7-1 my huebrother.
>>
World Cup
European Championship
Copa America
Confederations Cup

Champions League
League Title
FA (or similar) Cup
Europa League Cup
>>
>>69534952
Yeah, I think that the WC and the Euros/Copa America are more alluring, especially for countries like Chile and Portugal.

But the CL is the most competitive tournament, I agree.
>>
>>69531125
>Russian

Even worse.
>>
>>69534497
My nigga
>>
>comparing NTs with clubs who play for money
>>
In terms of team quality:
1.)Champions League
2.)World Cup
3.)Euro Cup
4.)Copa America
5.)Europa League

For domestic leagues, well it depends on the league.
>>
>>69534271
Yes, you can. The degree by which anyone would give a shit is a factor to comparison.
>>
>>69535948
Europa league has higher quality play than the copa america
>>
>>69535109
>implying slavs are worse than wetbacks

Found the spic.
>>
>>69530087
1) World Cup
2) Copa America
3) Libertadores
4) Euro
5) Club World Cup
5) Champions League
6) league babbies
>>
>>69534497

this 100%
>>
>>69540611
>replying to your own post.

Well i mean i didnt expect anything else from a queeb.
>>
>>69540465
Screencapped. Will be posting this in all brazilian made threads to prove how retarded you spics are.

Also

>7-1
>>
>Euro Cup
>portugal
ayy lmao, fuck off
>>
>>69531364
>a trophy with 2 teams competing
>>
They should have a proper club world cup 32 teams same format as World Cup, qualifying rounds etc..
>>
>>69530087
>Lombardi trophy not listed
>>
>>69530087
you have to separate club from Nts

But the correct answer would be
1)World cup
2)Champions league
3) EuroCup
4) Copa América
5) Copa libertadores
6) Domestic league
7)Uefa league
8)Olympics football
9) Domestic cups
10) MEME leagues (something other than spain, eplel, bundes, serie A).
11) MEME cups (confederations, copa de ora, african cup...)
12) MeME domestic cups (see MeMe leagues)
13)MEME "cups" which consist in one game
>>
>>69546256
This is a 3rd world countries trophy list, friend.
>>
>>69530199
>>
10 teams, 4.5 spots, 9 WC
54 teams, 14 spots, 11 WC
Not impressed desu
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.