[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this part of Spain so bad at football? If you check wikipedia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9
Why is this part of Spain so bad at football? If you check wikipedia articles for different seasons of La Liga there's a map that shows where every team is based in the country. Every region is region is regularly represented except Extermadura. I've checked every season, all the way back to 1929, and they only had a team in the top league during 4 seasons. It's actually shocking. Like, what the fuck?

Any spanish anons care to explain what is wrong with this region?
>>
it's next to poortugal
>>
>>69527787
Holy autism, m8.
But now I'm interested as well.
>>
>implying that's the part of Spain with the worst football
>>
Because it's Portuguese clay and they won't do anything well until Spain give it back.
>>
it's fucking empty
>>
>>69527787
>I've checked every season, all the way back to 1929
Wot?
>>
>>69527801
The Mad Turk
>>
>>69527787
It's right next to a part of Portugal which is also bad at football and they are all a bunch of lazy moors even for our standards.
>>
>>69527865
The Idiot Who Takes The Bait
>>
>>69527837
It would fuck up your country shape 2bh

You should better get that region above you, so you can block the Spaniards from the Western European coast entirely.
>>
All the genetically superior Spanish from that area became Conquistadors and left for the New World
>>
Low population, lowest GDP per capita in Spain, 99% of people there root for Madrid/Barça/Atleti anyway.
>>
>>69527890
>implying Galiza wants anything to do with Portugal
>>
There's nothing there

It's mostly known for rural poverty, there's a reason most conquistadors were from Extremadura, they were desperate and wanted to GTFO
>>
>>69527867
Are there even any people living in inner-Portugal?

All your relevant cities seem to be in the coast region....
>>
>>69527787
It's literally poor as fuck m8. I've travelled through it a few times and it's pretty shocking how places in Western Europe can still be so underdeveloped. It's also not the kind of African immigrant desperation poor that makes them into athletes, they're just a bunch of poor lazy cunts.
>>
>>69527834

they have based Nayim at least

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiYt3iNWau0
>>
>>69527940
>I've travelled through it a few times

yea i've also gone on route 66 and seen the hundreds of drug shack houses right off the highway, pretty sure this is an undeveloped shithole here as well am i right
>>
>>69527787
It has the population of Iceland
>>
>>69527884
The Faggot (you)
>>
>>69527978
Should be able to beat England then.
>>
>>69527983
The Idiot That Takes The Bait Again
>>
>>69528016
You're still the Faggot though so I'm fine.
>>
File: benitez (2)--575x378.jpg (32 KB, 575x378) Image search: [Google]
benitez (2)--575x378.jpg
32 KB, 575x378
Rafa Benitez made his name by getting Extremadura promoted to the Primera, I think the team is extinct now
>>
I remember reading that that region had masturbation lessons for the kids
>>
File: quaint spanish town.jpg (29 KB, 450x250) Image search: [Google]
quaint spanish town.jpg
29 KB, 450x250
small spanish towns are extremely tiny and poor. most people think of europe where everyone is well off living near technologically advanced transit but most parts of southern europe are texas-tier small towns. comfy though.
>>
>>69528225
>most people think of europe where everyone is well off living near technologically advanced transit

[citation needed]
>>
>>69528235
citation is american leftists
>>
File: 1361330083561.jpg (92 KB, 826x691) Image search: [Google]
1361330083561.jpg
92 KB, 826x691
>>69527787
>I've checked every season, all the way back to 1929,

A U T I S M
>>
>>69528314
is it really? i sometimes spend my time off researching stuff on wikipedia.
>>
>>69528349
It is a little autistic but I do it too anon.

>tfw no gf
>>
File: cat super soaker.webm (1 MB, 406x720) Image search: [Google]
cat super soaker.webm
1 MB, 406x720
>>69528367
i get bored so like to just search random stuff. now i'm looking at extremadura spain and its cuisine and villages. very cozy.
>>
>>69527801
Portuguese people come from Lusitania and Extremadura was part of Lusitania... so in some way you are actually right.
>>
>Extremadura

Like what a weird fucking name for a region. It's like having a U.S state named Supreme.
>>
>>69528291
I think leftists are usually thinking of Japan when they lament about our infrastructure.
>>
File: asturias.jpg (330 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
asturias.jpg
330 KB, 1024x768
>>69528387

it's not great, extreme weather, the average age is about 70, and nothing has changed since the time of Cervantes

coziest rural living in Spain is in Galicia and Asturias
>>
>>69528314
>anime
A U T I S M
>>
>>69528225
>most people think of europe where everyone is well off living near technologically advanced transit
Really? I thought comfy villages in the countryside were the main image of Europe
>>
>>69528512
This basically looks like Germany (minus the architecture of the houses)

Up to which geographical point do palm trees (naturally) grow in Spain?
I've only been to Catalonia and Mallorca so far.
>>
>>69528512
>extreme weather
thats comfy

>full of old people
so no normies of my age to worry about and be embarrassed by.
>>
>>69528544
do people in villages like this even get electricity let alone internet?
>>
>>69528512
looking at the climate it says it reaches past 100 degrees in the summer and doesnt get freezing there. sounds like the southwest US. i like it.
>>
>>69528563
Of course, although they usually only have one provider to choose from when it comes to internet and the speeds are way below what is possible in urban areas.
Or, alternatively, they can get it via satellite, but I don't think it's very fast either.

That's how it is in Germany at least.
>>
>>69528630
somehow i thought all euros lived in large urban areas. nice to see you guys live cozy too.
>>
>>69528387

I have family there, it's pretty awesome... for a while, getting isolated in winter pisses me off

>beautiful rural area
>isolated in winter because of snow
>entire village joins to build stuff
>entire village joins to sacrifice pigs and cows and make their own cold cuts, ham and such, they started going commercial a few years ago with a special kind of ham covered in pepper
>ride horses and go to the river for a swim

nice place to visit but your nearest shopping mall is a 2 hours drive
>>
>>69527921
its not about what THEY want you know

LEBENSRAUM!
>>
>>69528563

yeah it's not the fucking amazon m8
>>
File: palm tree.png (160 KB, 712x650) Image search: [Google]
palm tree.png
160 KB, 712x650
>>69528591
>>
File: granadilla.jpg (344 KB, 1841x1474) Image search: [Google]
granadilla.jpg
344 KB, 1841x1474
>>69528387
I've only been there in rural cottages for weekends, but it's pretty comfy indeed, amazing meat, old roman and medieval shit and it's also much greener than I could imagine, you can even see it in google earth. I always thought it was a desert.

Football wise is irrelevant because 90% people probably lives in small towns and you need reasonable cities to host big clubs. Based Morientes was from Extremadura though
>>
>>69528742
the other spics say otherwise
>>
>>69528672
when I studied in spain for a summer three meals a day had jamon. jamon and eggs for breakfast. jamon and rice for lunch. jamon and another meat for dinner. ridiculous.
>>
>>69528652
It's mostly decently sized towns, Germany, Holland England are very dense but Spain, parts of France or us would be sparser
Obviously stuff like Internet is almost a natural right unless you're 70 or ultra dirt poor
>>
>>69529455
I remember everything being served with bread 24/7
>>
>>69528672
To be fair I live in the US and the nearest nice mall is 2 hours away.
>>
>>69528672

You say that as if not having shopping malls is a bad thing.
>>
>>69527787
it's a fucking wasteland, they just have enough Catalan tax money to survive, don't ask them to have a succesful football team too
>>
>>69529781

I couldn't live like that, it's fucking annoying to depend on the automobile that much, I've a supermarket, a pharmacy and a bunch of local shops just in front of my house, can't imagine taking the car to get recently made bread in the morning.
>>
>>69529823

>le super productive special Catalan meme

Jordi please go
>>
>>69529851
>not baking the bread yourself
>>
>>69529851

I think the word "mall" might have a different meaning to you than American Anons.
>>
are spanish and portuguese ethnically different people. not trolling actually curious
>>
>>69530008

I travel a lot to portugal every year because of work and I think that the lusos have more black hair + pale skin than us, in Spain is more common brown hair but I guess it's also due to climate, Atlantic cities are colder than mediterranean ones where we get almost 10 months of sunny days.
>>
>>69527921
>Implying Galego is not dislexian Portuguese
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTTvQ8gUjw0
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.