[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Boulder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (199 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
199 KB, 1280x720
How does espee view this sport?

I've been in indoor halls a few times with friends but unfortunately the ones close to me are shit.
>>
I love my feminine hands too much, and the practice of this sport destroys your hands.
>>
>>69522486
I'm not sure. Guess you better ask /asp/
>>
I've been doing it for a few years. Lots of fun and mentally a lot more challenging than I originally thought. Great all body workout too

Haven't been able to climb in almost a year because I blew out a tendon and broke my knuckle while doing it though. Also have a torn meniscus from dislocating my petella during a fall. So it definitely has its risks
>>
>>69522833
>my feminine hands
Post pictures

>>69523541
>I like climbing but sadly I died while doing it
Jesus ameribro, RIP
>>
it's pretty fun, but it's a hand killer, especially if done outside in cold weather
without calli it fucking burns

you'd better ask /asp/ tho, i think they have a general for this
politely sage'd
>>
File: Chimney Rock.jpg (266 KB, 720x520) Image search: [Google]
Chimney Rock.jpg
266 KB, 720x520
>>69523615
Im just injury prone. Dislocated my other knee tore my ACL, MCL, Meniscus and broke patella in half playing basketball so no matter the sport I choose I'm going to eventually get hurt. Mine was pretty mild too. I actually have two friends who rapped off the ends of their ropes and died when they were racing daylight. One of them fell almost 2,400 feet. But they obviously weren't bouldering so I guess that's different than what you are asking about

Going to pic related in august for my first climb since my injury
>>
>>69523866
Holy shit. Sorry to hear that man.
>>
>>69522838
>>69523630
>take it to /asp/

I disagree. I think all alternative sports should come home to /spee/.

Why? Because mandrama FAGGOTS have completely taken over /asp/. Skateboarding has A SINGLE thread on that board. The ENTIRE rest of the board is taken over by WWE homosexuals. It's fucking absurd.

I say we welcome all of our brethren who are interested in proper sports, even if they are alternative sports. This is the sports board. We should welcome all sports.
>>
File: IMG_20150822_193253.jpg (94 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150822_193253.jpg
94 KB, 480x480
>>69523904
Thanks. It was definitely really sad when it happened but now it's a reminder of how redundant your systems need to be to stay safe. It also really made me understand the saying in the climbing community of complacency kills. The mistake they made was literally the first thing you learn when using ropes; ALWAYS tie a knot at the end.

As far as bouldering goes, about what grade of problems are you climbing when you go to the rock gyms?

>pic of me getting down on so laid back beach boulders
>>
>>69524325
I'm actually not OP. I do have some climbing experience indoors as well as on rocks but nothing major and haven't done anything since HS.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.