[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why were these Euros so focused on defensive organisation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1395790517001.png (5 KB, 200x190) Image search: [Google]
1395790517001.png
5 KB, 200x190
So why were these Euros so focused on defensive organisation and generally low-scoring?
>>
Soccer a shit
>>
because >we proved that meme tactics, strong defense and few goals win the tournament

looks like the portuguese learned well from their mistakes
>>
you need fast and accurate balls to tire out the defenders
with good ball control to make the last passes happen
talent is declining for quite some years now

>donaldo is a superstar
>>
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/10239366/leicester-show-the-value-in-being-the-best-team-without-the-ball

>cheaper (money and or talent wise)
>easier to execute
and obviously third placed qualifying spots doesnt help
>>
Cause you didn't need to win a game in order to win the tournament
>>
welcome to 21st century tournament football
>>
it's been the case for many tournaments now, far too many teams playing it safe these days
>>
It's possible to win the tournament without winning any games so no point risking it and going on attack.
>>
Too many small teams with a small team mentality. It worked as well seeing as one of them won the whole thing.
>>
>>69501898
Yeah, I noticed that especially in the knockout stages it wasn't that different from previous tournaments. I'd like to think it's a hangover of the reaction to possession tactics, when you have two technically poor counter-based teams facing each other it degenerates into trench warfare. Sometimes when there's a clear difference in class parking the bus doesn't matter (e.g. Germany-Norn Iron) but Wales-Norn Iron was one of the worst matches I've seen in a long time.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.