[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw always hear about how great it is watching/playing sports
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 179048157[1].jpg (1 MB, 2122x1415) Image search: [Google]
179048157[1].jpg
1 MB, 2122x1415
>tfw always hear about how great it is watching/playing sports with your dad
>tfw never really watched or played sports with dad growing up
>whenever i would ask him to play catch, shoot baskets, hit the ball, etc he would just tell me to play with my friends and leave him alone
>tfw i watch the draft and he calls me such a loser for watching the draft
>tfw he calls me a loser for keeping up with my team's players so closely
>tfw he calls me a loser for wanting to watch NFL redzone or stream a really good game, and just watch our local games on CBS/FOX
>anon don't get upset at the team losing its just a game

What's it like having a good sports relationship with your dad, /sp/?
>>
>>69498196
He just resents you, anon. That's all.
>>
i asked what its like having a sports relationship with your father
>>
Your dad's right, I'm ashamed of you too for being a concussionegg babby
>>
I occasionally watch soccer matches with my dad. It's no different than watching matches with bros, but there are times when he starts getting frustrated with the commentators and I leave because I can't stand it
>>
File: 21231243213.jpg (95 KB, 418x434) Image search: [Google]
21231243213.jpg
95 KB, 418x434
>>69498196
I feel with you, American friend.

My dad never did anything sports related with me either. Never took me to the stadium, never played soccer or anything else with me.

But then, my parents are divorced and I hardly ever saw him growing up and the divorce still is the silent theme at all family gatherings despite having happened 15 years ago :''DD
>>
>>69498196
Similar story here. My dad didn't ever make fun of me or anything for liking sports, he just didn't care. He wasn't a bad father technically speaking. He worked hard, made alot of money and provided for the family. He just showed no interest in his kids. I have literally no idea why he had kids because he has more interest in his motorcycles than his children.

It was literally my mum who took me to sports games, who watched sport with me etc. My Dad would only ever show up if it was a grand final or something and even then he was clearly very reluctant and wanted to be anywhere else.
>>
It's pretty cool I suppose though I ever only threw the football around (both my uncle and my dad since we lived together) also played some softball. I like to think we bonded since I never really got good at either but it was a good time all around. If you ever have kids you know the right thing to do. Your dad sounds like a dick though mate, don't be like him anon.
>>
>>69498196
Lol. My father was nothing like yours. He loved me and always played sports with me.
>>
No one seems to believe me, but I learned to ride a bike by myself. Its just a little memory I have of how shit my father was. Mom didn't know, sister never cared. Dad took me like once to a park and yell at me when I couldn't do it. One day cleaning out the garage I started sitting on the bike and would steadily go down a very small hill we had. Once I wouldn't fall for like 10 seconds, I would start pedaling. Thanks, dad.
>>
>>69498196
he found out about the anime and kpop didn't he lad
>>
>tfw Dad only likes meme sports

Speedway again this weekend.
>>
That sounds shit anon, couldn't imagine having a sportless relationship with my dad
>>
>>69498196
It's Ok.
Although my father and I support the same club, he's clueless about most sports.
Sometimes I just want to smack him in the head.
>>
>>69498196
Your dad sounds like a real piece of shit
>>
>dad is a lifelong italy fan
>he was a goalie
>i was a striker

you have shit taste dad and you really shouldnt slap your son for taking a cheeky goal
>>
My dad was fat and lazy when he was at home. And I wasn't interested in playing sports anyway.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.