[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is he the GOAT athlete of all time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7
File: brock.jpg (66 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
brock.jpg
66 KB, 1200x675
Brock has ridiculous speed and agility for someone his size. He is not only a great athlete though, he is an incredible fighter as well which sets him apart from someone like LeBron James or Cam Newton

Brock has dominated in 4 different sports, and has been a world champion in 3

> MMA
> WWE
> College Wrestling
> Football

And he would have gone pro in football easily but he didn't make it only cause he got in a motorcycle accident, he was a amazing at the combine though
>>
>mandrama is still being considered a sport
>>
File: KUg4gr.gif (1 MB, 218x218) Image search: [Google]
KUg4gr.gif
1 MB, 218x218
>>69490887
>WWE """"athlete""""
>""""sport""""
>>
>>69490887
what exercise do you do to grow an extra chromosome
>>
>>69490953
if its not a sport then how come it requires incredible athleticism and knowledge of wrestling moves? you know WWE fighters spend all their time training for fights right?

I would like to see you get RKO'd by a 300 pound beast without breaking your spine

also according to your logic bruce lee was not an athlete either because all the stuff he did in movies was scripted
>>
> MMA
> WWE
> College Wrestling
> handegg
not sports
>>
>>69491015
I'm not knocking mandrama skills, but a sport is a competition first and foremost. I'm sure WWE wrestlers train hard, but the outcome is already determined. It's not a competition.

No, Bruce Lee was not an athlete. He was a performer, like WWE wrestlers.
>>
>>69490887
>WWE
Does someone actually earn a "title" on some merit? If all the fights are staged wouldn't they just pick a winner?
>>
>>69490887
Kurt Angle beat Lesnar in real wrestling matches they had backstage according to wrestlers like Shelton Benjamin (who coached Lesnar) and Bob Holly.
>>
of course he is. to quote him "im built like a black man"
>>
>>69491022
And what? Faggrass is? Lmao
>>
>>69490887
He got his fucking ass kicked when he was with the Vikings. It was pretty pathetic.
>>
He failed in the nfl
He won a fake belt in wwe
He was given a title fight in ufc when he had an overall losing record
He laid on a guy for 3 rds on saturday
He almost died because he couldnt handle ufc training last time.

He roided himself out in college and got away with it to beat 18 year old kids.

"Dominates 4 sports"

Bo Jackson and Deion Sanders are the only two athletes to dominate in more than one sport, and even Deion just gets in by default
>>
File: neal.jpg (465 KB, 1024x681) Image search: [Google]
neal.jpg
465 KB, 1024x681
>>69490887

>would have gone pro but for motorcycle accident
>he was amazing at the combine

No, he just sucks at football compared to the average NFL player. Getting repeated pancaked by 3rd stringers with those athletic gifts is what happens when you're not meant for a sport. In the UFC he's shown he can beat guys that aren't good at wrestling. Pic related is guy who beat Brock in wrestling and is a literal 3x SB Champ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JMTsCEABEI
>>
>>69490887
>Dominated in 4 different sports
>WWE
>A sport
>>
>>69491015
Bait/10.

Have a (You).
>>
>>69491273
They pick the guy that either the fans want to win or else they give it to the guy the fans really hate and drag out rivalries forever to the point nobody gives a fuck.

Then again, any real fight fan wouldn't give a shit in the first place because nobody actually gets into a real fight. Only real fights that ever take place happen backstage.

Nobody's denying WWE wrestlers have athleticism but they're the ones deciding to 'compete' in a fake 'sport' when they could train and have all the tools to be ACTUAL fighters.
>>
>>69491015
It's a highly phisically demanding performance art and it does require ahleticism, but it's not a sport.

Golf requires less athleticism than marching band but that doesn't mean marching band (even he competitive kind) is a sport. It, like the WWE and ballet and so many other arts, is performance art.
>>
>>69491273

they get shots or earn a title based on their marketability

just like the UFC

back before I stoped watching routinely there was niggas on the facebook prelims with 3-4 wins in a row by knockouts or submissions and never got brought up cause they didnt speak english or didnt have some meme tattoos or haircut or something else and they werent in the heavier weight classes

CM Punk got a contract based on his publicity yet UFC tries to claim why this-or-that legit MMA guy isnt in already is cause of other shit

how bout the fact they routinely hold guys off cards for some bullshit event in a specific country, then suddenly they have enough Singapore fighter to fill the entire card

and every time they go to Brazil the brazil guys face some clearly non-equal talented white guy from america

how bout all the Jon Jones or the last 5 or so fights that GSP had where he clearly lost atleast 3 of the 5 rounds and kept holding on because the other guy "had to convincingly beat, not just literally win more rounds...as per the rules"
>>
>>69495524
too much ass
>>
>>69494465
Oh wow, he didn't make the 53 man roster despite him never playing a snap of collegiate football
>>
>>69494674
>cuck detected
>>
>>69490887
Lol he didn't dominate football. He didn't even make the team
>>
>>69491273
They kind of used to. In the old days to "get over" you had to mainly do it on your own. These days the company decides who get's pushed.
>>
>>69490887
>athlete
>>
>>69498972
Did you even watch him play? It was sad. He looked tiny next to actual football players and he got fucking tossed on every play. Just a complete meme """athlete""".
>>
>>69503044
I'm sure the UFC 2 time defending heavyweight champ was tossed around.

But hey man its a real shocker that a dude that never played competitive football on the bigger stages failed to make the most moneymaking sports league on the planet
>>
File: brock_lelsnar.webm (3 MB, 1088x608) Image search: [Google]
brock_lelsnar.webm
3 MB, 1088x608
What's with this board being full of over sensationalist teenage retards?
>donaldo being an attention whore because he needs to be in front of the camera
>HURR goat motivator
>mandrama faggot who was humiliated by Cain Velasquez and Overeem beats a 40+ long over the hill Mark Hunt
>HURR goat fighter athlete
Hang yourselves, faggots
>>
>>69506175
He did. Sorry I watched all those games. He played with zero leverage and was completely outmuscled by 4th string guys who didn't even make their respective teams.
>>
Didn't he get the main event fight by having like, three or four other main event fights get cancelled for various reasons?

Like, jesus if Kimbo was still alive, he could've easily been main stage at that rate.

He played like, one preseason game for the NFL and then got cut...

And while WWE may be very athletic, they're not a competitive sport, it's a soap opera that merchandises for men.
>>
>>69506549
Kimbo has never even had 1/5th of Brocks star power you worldstar nigger
>>
>>69506888
I've only heard of Brock Lesnar a month ago.

I've known Kimbo since I was a teenager.
>>
>>69506975

Because you've lived majority of your life on the internet - Where Kimbo was born & raised.
>>
>>69507109
I dunno, my line of Sting action figures and the fact I know who John Cena is leads me to believe I should've heard of Brock Lesnar at some point before his MMA head line fight that was only a head line fight because the other fighters couldn't make it.
>>
>>69506396
>waahhh stop liking these things

Fucking blow your brains out you friendless aspie
>>
>>69496140
If gold can be a sport then why can't wrestling or competitive esports gaming be a sport?

It even has SPORTS in esports.
>>
>>69507407
Competitive wrestling is a sport.

Man Drama is a television event.

E-sports will get more ESPN time than WWE has ever gotten.
>>
>>69507407
>gold
Meant golf of course. Stupid me lol.
>>69507446
People have died wrestling. A guy from Mexico recently has died. It takes a lot of athleticism and is a sport. WWE calls itself sports entertainment. Sport is still in there so it is a sport.
>>
>>69507493
I don't care who the fuck died, man. It's not competitive so it's not a sport.
>>
>>69498938
Wrong flag dude.
>>
>>69507591
>Sports entertainment is a type of spectacle which presents an ostensibly competitive event using a high level of theatrical flourish and extravagant presentation, with the purpose of entertaining an audience.
>SPORTS entertainment
>>
>>69507633
>ostensibly competitive
apparently or purportedly, but perhaps not actually.
>>
>>69498921
>CM Punk got a contract based on his publicity

doesn't headline a mania because he's seen as a B+ player, but gets a professional fighting contract based on supposed "publicity"

the fucking current year, i'll tell ya
>>
>>69490887

First off, the only sport he has done at the professional level is MMA. He has only won 2/3 of his fights. That's pretty shitty for someone even being considered for GOAT status.

He is by no means a great fighter if you actually watch him fight. The dude is really uncoordinated. He has no idea how to throw a punch with his weight behind it. He only won because he's a hulking gorilla of a man and there aren't that many other giant gorillas like that around who are any better. When you have that much muscle mass, your tiny lungs just can't oxygenate them all for very long. Heavyweights are usually practically gassed a couple minutes into the first round. Both of them were gassed in his last fight and it was pitiful. He couldn't even raise his upper body enough to punch Hunt when he was on top of him. Hunt offered no resistance, he was just too tired at that point. He just sat there on top of him giving him love taps while time ran out.
I know he's far past his prime, but even in his prime he never knew how to fight and never had any stamina.
>>
>>69491015
Not everything that takes skill and athleticism is a sport. Is circus performing a sport now too?
>>
>>69490887
Dominating in the WWE is the same as dominating in a movie
>>
>>69491131
Bruce Lee knew a lot about fighting, stop memeing
>>
how goes was he at (american) football? genuinely interested. i'm sure he killed it at college
>>
>>69508070
One and done.

And I'm no talking a season. Or even a game.

One pre-season defensive stand. I think it was like, maybe 5-10 snaps total.
>>
>>69506975
You probably go to worldstar hip hop alot
>>
>>69508352
I'm pretty sure it was Ebaumsworld that introduced me to him back in the day.
>>
>>69491015
sport comes from an old english expression meaning, 'to gamble'. The outcome is predetermined, therefore it's not a sport.

I bet English is your first language too.
>>
>>69498938
No such thing.
>>
>>69494674
>and even Deion just gets in by default

What the fuck does this mean?
>>
File: Jarryd_Hayne_August_2015.jpg (117 KB, 566x1024) Image search: [Google]
Jarryd_Hayne_August_2015.jpg
117 KB, 566x1024
>>69490887

I think everybody is missing the point, OP. Even though I think you shitted on your fingers when you mentioned WWE as a sport, that doesn't mean that he isn't an outstanding athlete. MMA, Jesus Christ, Lesnar is a beast. But you memed again when you said he might be good at football. I seen that shit happen in Brazil with Falcão, god of futsal. Futsal is football in a court instead of a field. Does that make him a monster on football (the real one)? No. Falcão was a complete flop on football. Like me get an even better example. Jarryd Hayne, an amazing rugby player. Rugby and fake football are almost the same, right (for a dumbie)? Yeah, but that didn't make him a beast in the sport. Actually, he's a complete flop. Being good at something doesn't make you also good at an other. I rest my case OP.
>>
>>69507340
Brock Lesnar had all of the """accolades""" the OP listed before he returned to UFC, but it's only after that he's returned that this shit thread gets made. That tripshit hit the nail on the head, /sp/ over responds to everything.
>>
Wow, I just made a fucking huge text and I don't even get a (You).
>>
>>69514110
>The outcome is predetermined

So most sports pretty much
>>
File: tmp_2155-wut-1168840267.jpg (82 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
tmp_2155-wut-1168840267.jpg
82 KB, 800x800
>>69490887
>WWE
>>
>>69507910
Then sylvester stalonne was a world-class fighter too.
>>
>>69516836
kys
>>
>>69519039

>>WWE WUZ KANGZ N SHIET
>>
He's not an athlete.

He is GOAT though.
>>
>>69508367
you have to go back
>>
>>69494674
what about that injun jim thorpe.

I'll take him as goat multi sport athlete over those 2 nig nogs. even though I like bo. imo bo roided.
>>
If you're an adult who enjoys watching WWE you have a mental disability.
>>
>>69490887
Has he won a single decathlon? No. So he's not GOAT.
>>
>>69490887
>dominated football
Didn't he not even make it past the pre-season?
>>
>>69491273
there was one time they made them wear boxing gloves and fight each other, and not a staged fight, an actual fight fight

of course at the time everybody thought it was fake. for one, wrestling is fake. so when you have a segment on a wrestling show, it's fake.

for two, if this boxing segment is actually real, doesn't that just call attention to the fact that everything else on the show is fake? they wouldn't do that. it's fake.

so a couple guys got fucked up pretty bad but nobody cared
>>
>GOAT athlete
>not LeBron James
excuse me sir, but what?
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.