[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Amerifag here who knows very little about European soccer.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 9
File: 0919029001460152719_filepicker.jpg (160 KB, 800x534) Image search: [Google]
0919029001460152719_filepicker.jpg
160 KB, 800x534
Amerifag here who knows very little about European soccer.

Have E!SPN on and they making this out to be a similar story line to LeBron bringing a championship to Cleveland?

I am going to watch the match today so give me rundown of what's at stake here so I can shitpost.
>>
Basically:

>Portugal wins
Casuals and women cream themselves over le tsuuuu man more than ever
>France wins
BOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRIIINNNNGG

Has been a fairly shit tournament anyway.
>>
or you can go outside and watch the game at a bar
>>
TSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

That's all you need to know
>>
>>69438558
Ronaldo lost the Euro 2004 in Portugal when he was 18.
Now he's 31 and the captain, and he wants the first international title for his NT.
>>
>>69438593
>Implying I won't be at bar and shitpost from phone
>>
>>69438594
>>69438580
I see this TSUUUU meme but have no idea what it means and never cared to find out until now

>>69438630
OK got it. Was he good when he was 18 or just a nobody rookie in the championship game.

Also what championship is this exactly? Euro footall has so many damn leagues and tournaments i can't keep up which one is the actual best of the best.
>>
The parallels between and Portugal are undeniable desu
>>
>>69438716
He was really good
>>
>>69438558

Yes, except Portugal has literally never won anything in Europe or worldwide, and Cleveland had good players other than Lebron while Portugal is Ronaldo and a bunch of shit-tier overhyped literallywhos, so in a manner of speaking it's even bigger, like Greece 2004.
>>
>>69438716
cr7's prodigal expectations are comparable to lebron's. this is entirely a fair analogy you're making between Tsuman and Lelbron
>>
>>69438716
it was the 2004 European Championships which is the same thing thats been going on the last month except obviously the 2004 tournament

the euro's happen every 4 years
>>
>>69438558
Well there is cristiano ronaldo who is among the 3 best players of all time, along with pele and maradona, but is hated by homophobes due to being a bit flamboyant and fabulous.
He's also hated by the fans of lionel messi who is considered by them to be his rival, even though he's one who always had everything haned to him and could look good by playing in a team full of incredible players, but when in the NT he chokes invariably.
On the other hand Ronaldo alwayys worked harder than anyone else and carried his NT team to the final.
On the other side there is France, a team full of arrogant divas, the worst of which is probably Griezmann, as can be seen by his mocking dance when he scores.
They have trouble winning against good teams, but when they get some advantage they go for the humiliation and try to score as many goals as possible while also making fun of their opponent.
Portugal instead is always respectful and just does what is necessary to win without trying to make their oppoent look bad. And actually often they try to make them look good.
>>
>>69438716
>Also what championship is this exactly?

its like the world cup (once every 4 years) but for europe only
>>
>>69438580
How is France winning "boring?" Just because they're the hosts?
>>
>>69438766
and also france's team is highly favored to win in their homeland with a very good squad
>>
Thanks eurofags. So judging from responses, we are rooting for Ronaldo right?
>>
>>69438815
yea because it conforms to the script
>>
>>69438815
because they're expected to win and they're the better team in every single position except for tsunaldo
>>
>>69438802
kek
>>
>>69438882
Nah, their defense is worse than ours
>>
>>69438882
they're not better at the back
>>
Also, what was the tournament/game that Messi just choked in a few weeks ago? I see all the memes of him with that crying face kek
>>
>EURO 2004
>Portugal is the host
>Portugal loses to Greece in the final

- - - -
>EURO 2016
>France is the host
>
>>
>>69438925
>Nah, their defense is worse than ours

Can you have less knowledge of football ?
>>
>>69438928
>>69438925
maybe pepe is better than umtiti but thats it
>>
>>69438946
Can you?
>>
>>69438946
nice argument (fallacy btw) you got there.
>>
>>69438946

Evra costed us an UCL this season, and he chimped out on Suarez in Berlin too.
>>
>>69438946
>>69438972
Pepe, Cedric and Fonte are better than anyone in their defense
>>
Anyone else here for the Messi suicide watch?

Just imagine Ronaldo winning an international title right after Messi choked his shot away and threw a fit and retired from the NT.
It would be glorious.
>get caught evading taxes
>lose Copa America final
>don't make it to the CL final
>lose your Balon D'Or bid
>your biggest rival wins the CL
>lose Copa America final AGAIN
>ragequit on your national team
>you and your tax evading pappy get sentenced to prison
>your biggest rival wins his country's first title
>he then collects the Balon D'Or

All the retarded #WeAreAllLeoMessi faggots that would be on suicide watch would be hilarious too.

Bonus would be all the >France related shitposting.
>host country
>not even allowed to celebrate if you win because you let in too many migrants and authorities are afraid of an attack so they shut down the Champs Elysees
what the fuck is even the point?
>>
>>69438716
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2907944/Cristiano-Ronaldo-s-scream-Ballon-d-speech-Real-Madrid-celebration.html

The origin of TSUUUU
>>
>>69438762
Portugal is actually loaded obviously. Everyone who follows Portuguese football knows they are absolutely stacked at midfield. Up front they have CR7 and Nani, both former Man U players and Nani is out performing Ronaldo this Euro. Then of course you have Pepe, a household name at CB. No idea about their other defenders are keeper.
>>
I want France to win because it will cause the most butthurt on /sp/.

Also French posters are the GOAT at being cocky assholes and triggering every other country.
>>
I thought people liked LeBron?

Because everyone hates Ronaldo. They're lucky that they have Pepe so Ronaldo isn't even the biggest cunt in the team but everyone still hates him.
>>
>>69438766
Actually no. Lebron is a much greater player than CR7 plus Lebron has a bigger impact as 1 of 5 starters rather than 1 of 11. Only way CR7 is comparable to LeBron is CR7's aerial game, getting up in the air and scoring headers. 2 of CR7's 3 goals this Euro were off headers
>>
>>69439211
I want Africa to win***

ftfy
>>
TSSSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
>>69439212
Why would you hate Ronaldo? Let me guess, you're the kind of fag that prefers false modesty over outspoken truthfulness?
>>
>>69438877
Rooting for Ronaldo would be like rooting for Alex Rodriguez and calling him the best player in baseball
>>
>>69439249
Complete cunt in every imaginable way and everyone outside of Poortugal agrees.

He's the kind of guy who tries to go for false modesty but is so stupid faggot that he can' do even that right.
>>
File: 1466898001355.jpg (124 KB, 831x639) Image search: [Google]
1466898001355.jpg
124 KB, 831x639
>>69438558
I'm not a self-hating Portuguese but we will get our asses kicked.
>>
WIN IT FOR DA GAL
>>
>>69439288
How is he a cunt? You seem buttfrustrated for some reason my mongol friend.
>>
>>69438580
I don't think even casuals like Ronaldo that much.
>>
>>69438934
>le history repeats itself retard

"No."
>>
>>69438724
between ??
>>
File: 1458876393449.png (116 KB, 228x260) Image search: [Google]
1458876393449.png
116 KB, 228x260
I'll be enjoying his tears today.
>>
>>69439332
He's literally a guys who gets pissed because his teammate scores a winning goal instead of him. How is he not a cunt? Lift your toes more fag.
>>
>>69439249
>>69439332
People who hate Ronaldo are failures in life who despise seeing someone rise to the top through hard work and a confident attitude

Wanting France to win this final is the sign that you're a pathetic failure who the world won't miss when you inevitably kill yourself before the age of 30
>>
>>69438802
>They have trouble winning against good teams, but when they get some advantage they go for the humiliation and try to score as many goals as possible while also making fun of their opponent.

We just humiliate them because they don't like seeing us winning. It's just payback time
>>
>>69439394
Oh you mean that time with Coentrão?
>Finland in charge of understanding bants between bros
He wasn't legit upset, you are dumb.
>>
>>69438558
>Have E!SPN on and they making this out to be a similar story line to LeBron bringing a championship to Cleveland?
Sort of yes, except TSU never left Portugal to win 2 Euros with Spain and then came back when Portugal drafted Pogba and traded for Kroos.
I hate the guy but he's got more of a good guy story than Bron.
>>
>>69439332
Ronaldo is pretty much the ultimate cunt.
>>
>>69439445
Mostly that time with Bale but he's indeed such a cunt that there's several times when he's pissed that someone else scores and he doesn't.

>selfish
>arrogant
>acts like an asshole to teammates
>looks stupid
>literally lifts his toes in team photos to look taller even though he's quite tall already
>>
>>69439399
Nice rant.

I don't hate Ronaldo but he isn't a good leader. He controls the coach and bullies rising stars like Sanches.

Did you see the way he talked to Moutinho on the Portugal Poland penalties?
>>
Daily reminder if you want France to win you support NIGGERS and MUZZYS.

WHITE POWER!!!
>>
>>69438815
England thinks the host always wins. That's their excuse anyway.
>>
>>69438977
>>69438990
>>69439012
>>69439014

Have you guys seen the match versus Germany ? I know Portugal is a shithole but you cant possibly live without a television

Our defense is neat
>>
>>69439399
>rise to the top through hard work and a confident attitude
This is like literally every good athlete in the world. You also forgot

>he's is a real gamer
>a student of the game
>really plays hard
>>
>>69439399
Every player on the field today got there through hard work, more hard work than the naturally gifted Ronaldo bc they weren't as blessed with his natural gifts
>>
>>69439540
To be fair your defence was only "good" because Germany doesn't have a single player who knows how to score.

Iceland had.
>>
>>69439489
>selfish
You mean the player with 3 assists this euro?
>arrogant
False modesty isn't his thing.
>acts like an asshole to teammates
You mean the guy that encouraged Moutinho to take and score his penalty?
>looks stupid
>literally lifts his toes in team photos to look taller even though he's quite tall already
>I'm going to nitpick the most stupid shit

Ronaldo haters are stupid as fuck.
>>
>>69438580
>shit tournament
>that flag
top kek
>>
>>69439609
Have you watched the game vs Iceland ? We went 4-0 first half-time, then we just stopped caring and gave them 2 easy goals by not even trying to defend
>>
Is it bad if I say that a video game made me start watching soccer more? You guys probably know what I'm referring to.
>>
>>69439540
What are you on about frog watch the first half again you were exposed.
>>
>>69439623
He might be less selfish in Euros but he's still an arrogant cunt. The "nitpicking" is just examples that really do make him look ridiculous.

>>69439661
Yeah, did good money by betting hard on France. The defence didn't look good and "lol we just didn't try" isn't really a good thing in the Euros.
>>
>>69439669
That's kind of how I got into baskteball desu
>>
>>69439691
This is exactly what i'm talking about, germany kept trying but just couldnt beat our defense

Koscielny and Umtiti were just above
>>
>>69439473
What?
Ronaldo left Portugal to play for Man U. He could have started in Portugal and brought glory to the Portuguese fans of Sporting, Porto or Benfica. But the fag decided to go glory hunting and goes to the best team in England. Then after they treat him great (and Ronaldo always says he loved Man U), Ronaldo shits on them and goes glory hunting again to Real Madrid, the All-Europe All-Star team which artificially inflates Ronaldo's stats.

LeBron would be like if Ronaldo spent years at Lisbon and got them to the CL Final, then joined a top team outside Portugal, then went back to Lisbon
>>
>>69439288
Wow, better slow down with those hot opinions retardo.
>>
>>69439234
>h
you're comparing their physical attributes. the point isn't whether they have the same vertical, it is that in their respective sports they both had great expectations for their career since a young age. you totally missed the mark
>>
>>69439769
it was more of the fact that muller rice couldnt hit a cows arse with a banjo.
>>
>>69439795
So what you're saying is that this thing isn't anything like the thing with LeBron because now we're talking about national team football?
>>
>>69439506
Do que é que estás a falar cabrão? O vídeo é o gajo a motivar e a dar confiança ao Moutinho. Isso é que é o verdadeiro líder.
>>
>>69439721
So you agree you're nitpicking shit that is in no way related to football?
>looks stupid
Lmao how do you look?
>>
File: IHhOtlq.jpg (56 KB, 500x640) Image search: [Google]
IHhOtlq.jpg
56 KB, 500x640
>>69439211
>Also French posters are the GOAT at being cocky assholes and triggering every other country.
>>
>>69439899
I agree that I gave examples outside of football for how he's a cunt and why people hate him.

I look okay. If I played in the Finnish national team looks wouldn't be the reason for hating me. And yes, he does look like a cunt and that's a reason for people hating him.
>>
>>69439795
National teams =/= club.
The main comparable thing is that Portugal never won shit, but Sporting, MU and Real had won before.

My point is it's a stupid comparison.
>>
>>69439992
Alright friend. If you want a tip you should make your projecting less obvious next time.
>>
>>69439866
Nothing like LeBron. Would be more like a Championship game between two successful countries that haven't won it all in a long time and each team has a star WR (11 v 11 football) or star hitter (9 v 9 baseball) that they are hoping comes up big (Griezmann for France, Ronaldo for Portugal)
>>
>>69440172
Portugal have never won anything ever, they are not "successful" at all.
>>
>>69440172
Griezmann is just one of the really good guys in a team full of really good guys desu. Pogba is the one who will break transfer records.
>>
>>69438558

PORTUGAL

Have to start with Ronaldo I guess: Ronaldo is the type of superstar it is easy to hate. Big talent and hype, classic jock features, an effortless douchebag in every mannerism and affectation. He has been so insanely committed this tournament though, that it has added to already suspicions that he might actually be a stand up guy.

He arrived at the end of the "golden generation" of portugese footballers, who never actually managed to win anything. And neither has he, with high quality team mates, even losing the Euro final at home to Greece.

Now, the Portuguese team was supposed to be a bit past, moderately strong and no more, and with several broadly hated proven cheats and moral cowards spread throughout the team. Players such as Nani, and Quaresma are famed for being talented wastrels and flat track bullies who will throw in the towel when the going gets tough But, they, amongst others have both really played with desire and grit heart this tournament. They at times resemble the Greek team who took them out in 2004.

And Ronaldo in particular, who may be somewhat extra motivated by his uber-rival Messi losing his own South American Championship final and retiring in a huff.

After years of expecting to have a shot and not delivering, it would be quite something to deliver when they weren't really supposed to have a shot, and do it by revealing unhitherto suspected reserves of moral courage and gumption from supposed bunch of douchbags.
>>
>>69439540
Does islam allow televisions my frenchistani friend?
>>
>>69438558
FRANCE

Meh, the political classes will use it to propagate some guff about solidarity in the face of the terror attacks they are carrying out themselves, and to spout some guff about togetherness in the face of the race and immigration issues they have created themselves. So that will be irritating.

However, a lot of French will be praying for the win, because it should absolutely chill people out a bit and provide a national party the could really do with right now.

Individually, players such as Giroud - a pretty high quality centre forward inexplicably savaged for not being the best striker of all time, abd booed for even short dips in form, and Evra, who famously stormed out of a world cup squad, destroying their chances - it would be a career, and life defining moment.

For guys such as Greisman and Payet, it would announce them as legit superstars.

France, unlike Portugal are not looking to join the club of genuine major footballing nations with the win - it would be Portugals first after many close things - but Frances 4th major international tournament -, but really start thinking about joining the "big four" of Italy Germany Argentina and Brazil one of these days..
>>
>>69440408
>Portugal have never won anything ever, they are not "successful" at all.
sigh...
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-08-15-46-36-1.png (506 KB, 1080x1837) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-08-15-46-36-1.png
506 KB, 1080x1837
>>69440408
Portugal has been the most successful team at the Euros since 2000 in both most quarterfinal and semifinal appearances and reached the final in 2004. Much more glory than France had in the Ronaldo era
>>
>>69438558
I get why hes hated so much. He reminds europe of america. Being good looking, rich, and athletically superior triggers old land.
>>
>>69440408
I bet you guys would win the world cup if they balls were burgers and you had to kick it around on your mobility scooter.
>>
Just showing some "I don't care about records or goals, they come if they come" interview.

Cunt talks one and does the other. Literally a girl. Hope he cries today.
>>
>>69440569
itabro is legit
>>
how the fuck did portugal reach the final without having to play against a single good team?
>>
>>69440672
Giroud is all that and soon Euro winner too and no one hates him.
>>
>>69440746
sheer luck.
>>
>>69440722
>Hope he cries today.
that's pretty much a given regardless of the result
>>
>>69440672
also a Christian
>>
File: 1467958165870.jpg (85 KB, 460x459) Image search: [Google]
1467958165870.jpg
85 KB, 460x459
>>69438558
>story line
Here's the 'story': This whole thing has been a pile of shit, nobody cares.

/thread
>>
>>69440417
Griezmann is the best European player in the world right now. Has been for a while
>>
>>69440829
iceland kicking england was hilarious
>>
File: 1465657387674.jpg (77 KB, 412x437) Image search: [Google]
1465657387674.jpg
77 KB, 412x437
>>69438802
>3 best players of all time
get out get out reeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>69438877
'no'
>>
>>69438558
this is nothing like LeGod getting one 4 da land
>>
>>69440609
>Portugal has been the most successful team at the Euros since 2000
>Spain won BACK TO BACK Euros during this same time
anon, don't be stupid.
>>
File: 1457549696475.jpg (19 KB, 384x395) Image search: [Google]
1457549696475.jpg
19 KB, 384x395
>>69440850
>flag
>topic
>>
>>69440914
>no
>>
>>69440861
Of course, I laughed myself. But the rest, eh.
>>
TSUUUUUU is one of the best strikers but not the goat. He's not liked because he's a man child who's in love with himself and thinks that he's the best shit in the universe, and he actually believes it. Also the media is always sucking his dick.
>>
>>69438802
nice b8 m8
t. Alberto Barbosa
>>
>>69440746
UEFA fuck up the tournament by introducing more teams. Also it was organized for england or spain to reach the final.
>>
>>69440746
Croatia and Wales were good teams
The only good team France played against was Germany
Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.