[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best sporting nation and why is it Canada? >Hockey
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: Flag_of_Canada.svg.png (18 KB, 1280x640) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Canada.svg.png
18 KB, 1280x640
What is the best sporting nation and why is it Canada?

>Hockey - undeniable GOATs
>Basketball - invented the sport; Steve Nash is a top 5 all-time player; Wiggins is the future GOAT
>Baseball - Blue Jays have the best fans in the league and are poised to win their 3rd WS this year
>Tennis - Raonic and Bouchard are the future of the sport
>MMA - George St. Pierre is the GOAT
>divegrass
>handegg

Discuss
>>
>>69432454
Daily reminder that TT, Olynyk, Murray and Wiggins are coming back to the 6ix and winning one for the #NORTH

R B L
WE RUN THIS SHIT
>>
No matter how good results Canada gets it's hard to take a nation with a fucking leaf on their flag seriously.
>>
What, Canada invented basket? I thought it was the US. kek

So basically all the US sports are just direct plagiarism form other sports and what i used to think it was their finest adition to sports was after all invented in Canada.
>>
Bouchard is a fucking meme though. Her reaching the finals in Wimbledon was a total fluke and she sucked since then with no signs of improving.
>>
>>69432832
no American has ever claimed that we invented basketball. don't blame us because of your own ignorance and lack of research. what sports has Portugal invented?
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 600x747) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 600x747
>>69432832

James Naismith was Canadian born, but invented the game while at Kansas U. His original rule book is on display at KU
>>
>>69432832
Basketball was created by James Naismith, who was born in Canada but was an American citizen living in Massachusetts when he created the sport
>>
>>69432876
It's better not creating nothing, than being a plagiarist imo.
>>
>>69432876
You dont know shit
>>69432953
He created it at the Springfield,MA YMCA. He coached basketball at Kansas
>>
File: CanadianHero.jpg (60 KB, 650x360) Image search: [Google]
CanadianHero.jpg
60 KB, 650x360
>>69432454
Forgetting someone?
>>
Why are all Canadians constantly spouting this trash in a pathetic attempt to distance themselves from their far more important neighbour?
>>
>Canada
>greatest sporting nation

Pro-tip: being this delusional is symptomatic of being from Toronto

>ROC in charge of claiming they invented poutine
>>
>>69433260
>Hungary

lmao

>>69433281
>being a self-hating cuck

Kill yourself my man
>>
File: kiniro.gif (662 KB, 292x300) Image search: [Google]
kiniro.gif
662 KB, 292x300
EBAM
B
A
M
>>
>>69433260
Why are you so hungary for american cock that you can't stop slurping?
>>
>>69433049
we're not plagiarists, like i said nobody in america has ever claimed that we invented basketball, and if they did, they were just misinformed. just because we have the most successful league doesn't mean we invented it. do some research next time.
>>
>>69433376

>self hating

M80 it isn't self hating, it's the truth. With 30 million population we are irrelevant as a sporting nation the moment you remove hockey from the discussion. Oh wow we have 1 great tennis player. Oh swell "we" invented basketball. Get your head out of your ass.
>>
>>69433639
it was invented in the US, so its an American sport
>>
Canada introduced ball carrying to American Football.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.