[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tough athletes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7
Who is the toughest athlete out there? I nominate Tyler Hamilton. This guy finished 2nd in the Giro d'Italia with a fractured shoulder. Then he broke his collarbone on the first stage of the Tour de France and not only did he finish the race he also won a stage and got 4th overall. What a tough motherfucker!
>>
>>69404973
But he was on PEDs.
>>
broken collarbones aren't that painful, especially if you're an athlete
>>
>>69404973

>Not Hoogerland who got BTFO'ed by a car and still remained competitive.

>French driving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWb0bACcDc0
>>
File: terry butcher.jpg (157 KB, 1600x1079) Image search: [Google]
terry butcher.jpg
157 KB, 1600x1079
not the toughest but he was amazing
>>
>>69408428
I feel strong emotions when I think of Johnny Hoogerland.

When he was on the podium crying, that was so emotional.

I root for him every time. His bravery is so great.

Also FUCK the asshole who ran him over. That guy should go to jail.
>>
Alex Zanardi lost both his legs and was one or two minutes from death after a savage racing crash, came back and won the Paralympics cycling race in his mid-40's, still races cars to this today

wheel sports confirmed for toughest athletes
>>
Toughest sports story I know of:

>Shelford was caught at the bottom of a rather aggressive ruck, and an errant French boot found its way into Shelford's groin, somehow ripping his scrotum and leaving one testicle hanging free. He also lost four teeth in the process. Incredibly, after discovering the injury to his scrotum, he calmly asked the physio to stitch up the tear and returned to the field
>>
File: shelford.jpg (9 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
shelford.jpg
9 KB, 250x250
>>69410741
forgot pic
>>
>>69404973
Chris Froome just got fined 200 Swiss Francs for fisting a chicken during his emphatic win today. Nothing beats that, bud.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YG2vakXL1g
>>
File: tour-de-france_9012_178596b.jpg (59 KB, 780x520) Image search: [Google]
tour-de-france_9012_178596b.jpg
59 KB, 780x520
>>69409478

https://youtu.be/CtZpMFsJwbQ
>>
>>69404973
>a guy named 'Tyler'
>tough

Also,
>drug cheat
>tough
>>
And Tyler Hamilton ate his twin brother
>>
>>69404973
Professional motorcycle racers in general. Not uncommon for them to break a bone on Friday, have it get set and fixed with a steel plate over night, rest Saturday and race on Sunday.
>>
>>69409509
He's pretty funny about it too. He lost so much blood shorty after the accident that basically all the blood in his body now is from German blood donors, so he jokes he's at least half-German now.
>>
File: steve_gurney_adventurer_0.jpg (3 MB, 2000x2674) Image search: [Google]
steve_gurney_adventurer_0.jpg
3 MB, 2000x2674
Steve Gurney:

9 time winner of the Speight's Coast to Coast, winner of Raid Gauloises, Eco-Challenge and X-Challenge multi-day multi-sport races.

Caught Leptospirosis from bat shit in a cave in Borneo while competing and suffered respiratory and renal failure. Survived.

Crossed the sahara desert from Morocco to Senegal in a kite buggy, over 2100 km.

Hit by a train. Survived.
>>
>fractured shoulder
>broke collar bone
>but he pedals with his legs which were fine
>tough

LOL
>>
File: 482775-130323-rev-cliff.jpg (79 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
482775-130323-rev-cliff.jpg
79 KB, 650x366
cliff young lel
>>
>>69408428
>it's been 5 years
I have unlimited amounts of respect for the guy
>>
Arthur Abraham.

got his jaw broke in like the 3rd round of a 12 round boxing match.

still went on to win the fight going the distance with a shattered face.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.