[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys. I want to get into soccer. Sports are more fun when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: 1404644506708.jpg (240 KB, 2197x1463) Image search: [Google]
1404644506708.jpg
240 KB, 2197x1463
Hey guys. I want to get into soccer. Sports are more fun when they're international imo. How can a burger like me who only watches American football and basketball get into a sport like Soccer?

I don't wanna miss out on all those bantz during the world cup or whatever fucking championships you guys watch.
>>
>>69368963
should have asked at the start of the Euro
>>
>>69368988
I'm only asking now because of all the excitement on /sp/ about whatever the fuck is going on with soccer right now. I feel like I fucking missed out.
>>
>>69369085
You can still watch the final.
>>
watch the final. maybe try to watch the 3rd place match.

you picked a bad time tho. Missed all of the Copa and pretty much all of the Euros. And all of the leagues are in the offseason.

My other reccomendation would be to play FIFA 16 or 15
>>
>>69369085
yeah you missed out

now its too late
>>
>>69368963

every 2 years theres either EURO or World Cup (and some others but these two are the most important) where countries face each other

and then there are club tournaments where the clubs play against each other using bought players from around the world

which one interests you more?
>>
For international you can watch the qualifiers to WC, Copa America, Euro, Confederations Cup and obviously WC. I'm pretty sure we'll have lots of bantz during U-23 in Olympics, so it is probably the very next thing to pay attention.
>>
>>69368963
wait until the oympics.
>>
>>69369085
>Argentina losing another final to Chile
>Messi quitting his NT

Yeah, you missed it
>>
>>69368963
You need to see the beauty of a good pass, the cleanness of a good tackle, the magic behind a good play that may or may not have ended in a goal, if you can't enjoy it; this my not be the sport for you. The bants is meaningless when you don't enjoy the sport.
>>
>>69368963
First rule: It's called football
>>
>>69369324
And another chilean trying to get some attention. Enjoy your 15 minutes of fame dude, it won't last.
>>
>>69369324
>tfw people care more about Argentina losing Messi quitting than Chile winning the cup
JUST
>>
>>69369164
> maybe try to watch the 3rd place match.
There is no 3rd place match in the Euros ;_;

>>69368963
Honestly, since you're just starting, watch the EPL. It's fun and unpredictable.
And follow your local football team. You can learn much much more about the sport from actually watching it live.

CL has the best games IMO.
>>
File: 1467958165870.jpg (85 KB, 460x459) Image search: [Google]
1467958165870.jpg
85 KB, 460x459
>>69368963
>Sports are more fun when they're international imo
you obviously haven't watched the euro shitshow or any of it's previous iterations.
>>
>>69370824
You have to go back.
>>
>>69368963

watch the premier league this coming season, it's going to be the best year of football ever in england
>>
>>69370863
nobody takes this meme cup seriously
>>
>>69370972
Yeah yeah, except the ones still in it, right.

It's like this for everything.
>>
>>69370824
this
international football is for normies who watch it once every two years to fit in and root for some country
real football is during CL knockout stages
>>
desu I'd rather see some rivalry I can relate to like Ohio vs Michigan or Texas vs California than some some random African shithole playing North Korea or some shit.
>>
>>69370640
This

It really doesn't bother me since it was a meme cup and Messi is the best player in the world, obviously that needs more attention.

Martino got out tho so maybe he'll get back. As long is not Sampaoli, most likely not since he only cares about money and already signed with Sevilla
>>
>>69371018

>implying CL isn't for normies too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqelsJOukl4
>>
You just missed Mexico getting rekt 7-0 by Texas at home
The revenge for Fort Alamo
>>
>>69368963
I chose 2013 to get Into football, man I don't regret It a single bit. Gave me enough time to understand the game, rules and know the players, for some reason my favorite part Is the International competition.
>2014 WC In Brazil
>2015 Copa America
>2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup
>2016 CONCACAF WC QFY
>2016 Copa America Centenario
>2016 UEFA Euro Cup
Soon
>2016 Olympics Football
>2017 Confederations Cup
>2018 WC In Russia
>>
>>69368963
Give up Anon-kun.
It's just not your culture.
You'll be considered a fag by your peers for liking a girly sport.
>>
>>69371135
Yeah, it kind of is, but at least football at least has some quality because of the away goal rule and are not 0-0 bores like 70% of matches in EURO's
>>
>>69371385
City-PSG (both legs) was the worst display of football I've ever seen in a major tournament, and the City-Real games weren't much better
>>
>>69368963
Watch MLS and the NT and don't be a Eurocuck m8
Next time the USNT plays is in September in a World Cup Qualifying match against St. Vincent and the Grenadines.
(PS you can watch the Euro and not be a Eurocuck, just shitpost about how much better the Copa America was)
>>
>>69371785
>city
there's your problem
>>
support your local MLS team, watch the Mexican league and catch the PL and Bundes on weekend mornings

you can usually catch a match or two before NFL games
>>
>>69371111
Sampaoli wants to coach argentina, but sevillas owner told him to lawyer up if he does.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.