[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /sp/, I've never been on this particular board but I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1459227419014.gif (1 MB, 400x222) Image search: [Google]
1459227419014.gif
1 MB, 400x222
Hey /sp/, I've never been on this particular board but I come to you looking for advice.

My wife and I are going to join our local gym. I don't really need to - I'm slim (not skeleton-mode though), but admittedly unfit.
My wife, however, is pretty overweight and she wants to change that. I'm joining to try help her lose weight.

My questions are:
>How often should you visit the gym to get a decent enough impact on your body, but without burning yourself out.
>What's the best workout for losing general weight?
>What's the best workout for reducing a fat stomach?

Thanks lads.
>>
Check the sticky on /fit/
>>
Squats and oats bro squats and oats.

Also

GOMAD
>>
>>69262869

you want /fit/
>>
>>>/fit/
>>
>>69262869
Don't forget to get a gym membership for your wife's son too

Also
>>>/fit/
>>
>>69262869
Tell her to start running, if shes too fat to do that, walking
>>
>>69262869
Cardio. Lots and lots of cardio. Get her on a treadmill/bike at the gym. Start off slow, then work her way up.

Speaking as a former NEET who started the year off overweight (American, obviously), but was gifted an old Schwinn cardio bike by a friend of my fathers, and put my lazy ass to work everyday for months, starting off at half a mile a day, to now reaching over 12 miles a day, and in the process losing 30 lbs... I can assure you with enough effort, taking baby steps, eating right (to a certain degree), your wife too can show results.

Best of luck to ya lad.
>>
File: 09daigo.jpg (129 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
09daigo.jpg
129 KB, 750x500
Is there going to be an EVO thread on sp? It is going to be on espn2.
>>
>>69263045
Don't listen to the burger in case you're still here, the most important thing when it comes to losing weight is nutrition.
>>
>>69263084
You've never been fat, you don't know how hard it is to cut your diet in half. Most give up just because they can no longer eat their preferred foods. I suggest starting off in small portions of favorite foods, then going full blown nutritionist.

You can tell me all you want about how my method is shit, but I've made results whilst still eating fatty foods. Sure, it's not for everybody, but at least give it a shot if NOTHING ELSE works first. Keywords, nothing else works.
>>
>>69263141
>i-it's hard!!!

Fat people make me sick. Stop recommending this nonsense, OP's gf needs to stop eating and so do you, fatty.
>>
>>69262869
Make her run A LOT every day, she has to eat a lot less, at the gym she should do a lot of cardio
>>
>>69262869
Go to gym 2-3 times a week.

Best way to lose weight is 3x10 sets of fork put downs

You can't only lose belly fat on its own, but start eating less and walking/doing more cardio. There are no easy tricks, you have to change your lifestyle. Best way to do it is slowly.
>>
>>69262869

Go to /fit/
>>
Swimming is a good low impact cardio.. by low impact I mean it doesn't fuck up your joints etc like running does.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.