[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid >Argentina vs Chile >Germany
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1466307631429.jpg (17 KB, 231x284) Image search: [Google]
1466307631429.jpg
17 KB, 231x284
>Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid
>Argentina vs Chile
>Germany vs Italy
>all penalties

how do you defend this
>>
You don't. Excellent defending is what created this boring shitshow in the first place.
>>
bring back golden goal
>>
>>69228632
why? penalties are entertaining to watch....
>>
Kill every defender.
>>
>>69228723
Actually it's not just bus parking, it's posession-oriented teams that focus on playing a completely mistake free game instead of taking risks and being creative.

For fellow Americans:

90s soccer = Brett Favre
Modern soccer = Alex Smith
>>
>>69233522
>90s soccer = Brett Favre
Remember the 94 WC final? Its was penalties.
>>
>>69228632
What's to defend? The teams were equal in skill, so something had to decide. Better than a cointoss, even though I was always fond of rematches.

Also better than giving a team a ridiculous advantage in overtime to force a decision.
>>
>>69233555
>the WC final was the only game of soccer played that decade
>>
Normal overtime and then golden goal until someone scores.

The penalties are the shitiest way to elect a champion in all major sports.
>>
>>69233610
The problem with that is that eventually the players will just have cramps all over the place and there will barely be any football played.
>>
>>69233642
That happened in the first Madrid-Atletico and it was fine.
>>
>>69228632
Well, like they did, obviously they wouldn't have gotten the draws now would they
>>
Create some incentive for the teams to actually play the sport. These grown ass me, so called "athletes", running around doing nothing for 90 minutes is just zzzzzzz.
>>
Golden goal.

Fuck this shit where a team with 10 men defends with their lives for another 30 minutes. Or a tiny nation like costs Rica can pray for penalties against the mighty Brazil. 7 on 7. Freestyle penalties. Semen slurping at midfield. Anything, just change it.
>>
Bring back the golden goal lads
>>
Yuropoors, has FIFA even hinted at changes coming for penalties?

At least with burger sports, the commissioner addresses these changes, like DH to NL, the 3 point shot in NBA , or points system in NHL.
>>
>>69235707
2018 WC will have multiball in ET
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.