[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Australian here looking to get into the NHL and ice hockey in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: NHL_Logo_former.svg.png (96 KB, 996x1024) Image search: [Google]
NHL_Logo_former.svg.png
96 KB, 996x1024
Australian here looking to get into the NHL and ice hockey in general, I know I've chosen a bad time with the season ending and all but who should I support and why?

Currently thinking about supporting the Blackhawks because of their GOAT jersey design.
>>
File: sheeeeeiiiitttt.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
sheeeeeiiiitttt.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>69193031
>click on thread ready to be helpful
>Blackhawks
>mfw
>>
>>69193040
Are the Blackhawks the equivalent of Man U, Real Madrid or South Sydney of the NHL?
>>
Filthy bandwagoning turd tier
>Blackhawks
>Kings
>Pens

Im a real hockey fan...right guise? tier
>habs
>wings

KYS tier
>broons
>>
>>69193031
LEAFS
>>
>>69193059
there arent really any teams like that in the NHL. there is the Canadiens but they haven't won a championship since dinosaurs still walked the earth. it's just that chicago has won three championships in the past five years so they're the hot bandwagon right now.
>>
Vancouver Canucks
>awesome name
>awesome colors
>awesome jerseys
And most importantly, in an awesome city on the Pacific Ocean
>>
>>69193131
didn't they come last in their conference?
>>
>>69193059
Yes Blackhawks are hockey royalty. 4th oldest team in NHL and 2nd-oldest in US (behind Bruins). Basically all of the Original Six is hockey royalty like Real, Barca, Bayern, Man U, etc.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Original_Six
>>
>>69193059
To elaborate on what
>>69193140
said, the is a salary cap and no promotion/relegation, so in theory all teams are equal on a long enough timeline.

Would recommend an upwardly mobile shit team, something like Winnipeg, maybe.
>>
>>69193237
yeah I understand the salary caps and no promotion, my favorite sport Rugby league In Australia works under the same rules, I just don't want the heartache of following another team that is coming dead last two seasons in a row
>>
Is this a based walkGOD pandering thread?
>>
File: 1362194961561.png (93 KB, 533x629) Image search: [Google]
1362194961561.png
93 KB, 533x629
>1999
>received nhl game as gift
>don't know anything about hockey
>choose quick play
>anaheim vs atlanta
>choose ducks

Best choice i ever made

kariya, Rucchin, salami, oleg and salei still in my heart
>>
>>69193293
>you now remember the migty ducks animated tv show
>>
>>69193142
>Shit
>Shit Colors
>Shit Jerseys
>Shit fans who burn down their city

Fuck the Cancucks
>>
File: ts5jud6fg4ogegfc7w3c.jpg (33 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
ts5jud6fg4ogegfc7w3c.jpg
33 KB, 620x400
>>69193303
You now remember Saturday morning cartoons giving us Pro Stars
>>
>>69193293
Anaheim's top line then was STACKED... and then literal nobodies on every other line.

>>69193278
>I just don't want the heartache of following another team that is coming dead last two seasons in a row

That's why I suggest a team like Winnipeg, Edmonton, Buffalo, etc. They're losers, but have great younger players and prospects. You'll get respek for taking a bottom-dweller, but also get to watch them climb the ranks. Actually, Edmonton is easy mode due to their bullshit drafting. You'll get no respell for them (and they have lost management).
>>
>>69193432 (continued)
>Anaheim's top line then was STACKED... and then literal nobodies on every other line.

Q: Has there been a more top-heavy team than late 90's Anaheim?
>>
>>69193031

Start supporting the Las Vegas team.
>>
>>69193432
>lost
*Lousy
>respell
*Respek
>>
>>69193031
You'd fit right in as a Hab fan they're fuckin clueless so they wouldn't even know

Dumb fucks think Eller is better than Shaw
>>
>>69193031
Devils or Stars, maybe Sharks if you want to suffer
>>
My advice to most foreigners is to follow players for the first few months. Eventually you'll be drawn to a team. Forcing a team onto yourself has a good chance to not stick.

Here's some highlights from this previous season
https://youtu.be/_XOKSmi93Uc
>>
File: penswww.jpg (54 KB, 497x598) Image search: [Google]
penswww.jpg
54 KB, 497x598
I'd recommend the Leafs.
>>
>>69195454
Caps would also be an excellent choice for the self-punishing fan. They're also a very exciting team to watch.
>>
Just browse /hoc/ for a while and figure out which team has the biggest shitposters and join them.
You'll fit right in m8
>>
FUCK OFF WERE FULL

NEW FANS NOT WELCOME
>>
>>69193031
I would suggest trying to find favorite players first and watch all teams then decide who you like best
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.