[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are NBA players making more money than NFL players? NFL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
Why are NBA players making more money than NFL players?

NFL Players are pretty pissed off right now on Twitter
>>
>>69192480

NBA teams only have 15 roster spots (12 rotation players plus injured reserves).

Football teams have, what, 60 deep rosters?
>>
>>69192512

Im tired of this excuse. Everyone on facebook keeps posting it.

The NFL has a max of 53 players. The NBA has 15.

But heres the thing!! The NFL generates almost 3 times the Revenue [$$$] that the NBA makes. The Cowboys are more valuable than fucking Real Madrid, the worlds most expensive team!!

15x3 = 45 , thats 8 players away from 53. Their union is TRASH
>>
>>69192480
Didn't the NBA sign a huge TV deal?
>>
>>69192648
You are not a smart man.
Here's a tip to get you started: Revenue != Profit
>>
File: ZL271.gif (4 KB, 409x217) Image search: [Google]
ZL271.gif
4 KB, 409x217
cuz the nba is a global sport unlike murrifat ball so monies are higher for them when you think about china watching and buying lebron and kobe jerseys.

usa is turning into futbol and basketball country now. Boreball and Fattyball will die in 20 years.
>>
>>69192664

Yeah but the NFL TV money is still a juggernaut in comparison
>>
nba makes alot of money from tv too
>>
>>69192696

You think any of the players want to hear this? I dont care if teams are paying for their stadiums
>>
>>69192777

Not more than the NFL. Even with all these europoors and chinks buying NBA TV rights the NFL is still a much bigger money maker
>>
>>69192480
>Baseball ranked second

Literally WTF?! How does such a semen slurping "sport" generate such amounts of revenue?
>>
File: roeder-feature-soccerboring-2.png (22 KB, 575x448) Image search: [Google]
roeder-feature-soccerboring-2.png
22 KB, 575x448
>>69192859

I ask myself the same question about soccer, Fritz.
>>
>>69192879
what happened in late 10's and early 40's?
>>
>>69192480
15 players vs 50+

plus they have a much better players union that looks out for them unlike nfl
>>
>>69192895
World Wars?
>>
>>69192786
who cares about the players? half of them would be dealing crack if they weren't in the NFL. i doubt there is a professional sports league in the entire world with scummier players.
>>
>>69192480
>Millionaires bitching about other millionaires.

So fucking what? 90 percent of the professional athletes in both leagues are fucking retarded. Their only saving grace is they happen to be athletic and live somewhere where that athleticism makes them money.

They are fucking day-laborers otherwise.
>>
>>69192512
>Football teams have, what, 60 deep rosters?
>>69192648
>The NFL has a max of 53 players. The NBA has 15.

During the regular season, it's 53 active roster + 9 or 10 practice squad players (plus IR stuff), so yeah roughly 65 deep, give or take. Roster sizes are much larger during the preseason games.

Plus the NFL has 2 more teams than the NBA does, so if we look at total players, it's roughly 450 NBA players vs. roughly 2080 NFL players. That works out to about 4.5 times more players, but only 3 times the revenue. Even if you only consider PS players as half a play salary-wise, the NFL still has 4 times the players with 3 times the revenue. So yeah, they should be on par, roughly with the NBA, but the NFLPA is laughably incompetent in all facets.
>>
>>69192895

Fucking moron
>>
>>69192480
>being mad that a business you don't work for is paying someone more for a skill you don't have
If that's true then they're worse than the women soccer players
>>
>>69193063

You could argue that the NFL is the harder job
>>
>Get paid like shit
>Half the deals are non guaranteed
>Brain damage
Literally no reason to become a NFL player
>>
>>69192480
Well, NBA players play more, dont they?

They have a way longer season and they also play for their national team, because basketball is actually a real sport.

NFL players are pissed because they have no brains to tell them otherwise.
>>
>be me
>nfl running back
>get tackled alot
>suffer thousands of minor concussions because 200 lb grown men are running into me as fast as they can
>body destroyed by 35
>be twice as likely to develop alzheimer's or dementia than the general population
>beat my wives
>have animal fighting rings
>make millions
>>
File: Really.jpg (5 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
Really.jpg
5 KB, 256x192
>>69192895
>>
They're much better basketballers than the NFL players.
>>
>>69192480
When will burgers stop giving money to 10 niggers that run with a ball in their hands and sometimes throw it to another nigga?

Or to hispanics that run on a little thin line drawn in a huge grass field after they hit a ball with a mace?

Or to niggers that do nothing but run back and forth from a basket to the other on the opposite side of the "field"?

When will they finally aknowledge Football as the best sport?

This is so fucking hilarious.
>>
>>69192696
Salaries in all of the leagues are based on revenue rather than profit, as the players don't trust the owners not to use any fancy accounting tricks to jew them out of money.
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 367x451) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 367x451
>>69192480
>mlels

Holy shit how does one sports league manage to be so pathetic? They're an embarrassment to both American sports and international soccer.
>>
>>69192480
probably because an NFL roster is so much larger than an NBA roster, duh
>>
>>69192480
The NBA has a better player's union. Handeggers can only blame themselves.
>>
>>69192696
>Salaries being taken from profits
You're dumber than he is
>>
>>69192480

>furpuck
>>
>>69192998
>Defending billionaires to stick it to millionaires
>>
>>69193114
Since when does that matter? You don't get paid according to how hard your job is but according to how the market values that work
>>
>>69193591
>Using your feet instead of your hands
>Probably the worst officiating in sports
>Best sport
>>
File: 1343668614968.jpg (9 KB, 202x141) Image search: [Google]
1343668614968.jpg
9 KB, 202x141
>>69192895
P-players were sick
>>
>>69193779
>doing sports in a boring way
>best
>worst officiating
>literally the most hard working referees of every sport ever
Go back to your clocks, swiss.
>>
>>69193779
Using your feed makes stuff significantly harder because they are way harder to control.
>>
>>69192895
It's okay, Spain Jr., you didn't participate so you wouldn't know.
>>
>>69193827
They're like you, they work hard and still fail.
>Boring
Luigi you're defending football here, I'm not sure entertainment is the best argument.
>>
>>69193856
How is that a good thing?
That just leads to lots of blunders.
>>
Basketball is the future world #1 sport. Eggball is only popular in america and australia
>>
>>69193951
It makes accomplishments even more impressive. When you see Messi dribble you ask yourself how the fuck he does it. When you see a rugby/American football player pick up the ball and score a touch down you dont ask yourself how he does it because hes basically doing the same thing that Messi does just without a ball because carrying a ball takes next to no effort.
>>
>>69193937
>I can't appreciate the complexity of a deep sport like football and think a match is boring if it ends 0-0 even though there were various goal chances and I can't appreciate when a team defends well
Just shut up already.
>>69193951
>How is that a good thing?
>That just leads to lots of blunders.
Holy shit, this idiot.
Have you ever seen good players? What they can do with the ball? Have you ever seen Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Maradona?
>>
>>69193856
Retards can still control their feet enough to walk, but can't write worth a damn, point invalidated. Hand-eye is much tougher than brain-foot coordination scientifically. Not dissing soccer, just saying your specific point is stupid.
>>
>>69193856
>>69193981

I never get this logic that soccer fans use to define the "difficulty" of their sport relative to other sports.

Yes, it's truth that controlling anything with your feet is a less instinctive action than controlling something with your hands, but in comparing here is not an apples-to-apples comparison.

What I mean by that is that each sport will have a specific skill ceiling that is as EQUALLY as difficult to master to play the game at a professional-to-worldclass level.

You actually do have to ask yourself how a running back scores a touchdown in an NFL game, because if you were reborn tomorrow, the chances of you being Messi or Barry Sanders are about the same.
>>
>>69194069
You learn how to move your hands naturally you fucking retard.

No person even needs to properly control their feet to walk. They simply exist so you dont walk on the stumps of your legs. You naturally learn how to walk but will never naturally learn how to position your foot for a pass or to control a ball. Hand-eye coordination however is learned by doing [insert what the fuck you like]. Be it jerking off, writing, grabbing, pushing or whatever. Everything you do is somewhat related to your hands.
>>
>>69192480
>play 80 games, with smaller roster
>get higher pay
>play 19 games, with bigger roster
>WE WUZ ROBBED I TELZ YA
>>
>>69194069
>Hand-eye is much tougher than brain-foot coordination scientifically
Boy am I laughing.
>>69194109
Read >>69193591 to know what's wrong with your "sports" and if you can't understand it then I'm sorry for you.
The way you guys "support" your teams should give away how much you understand about sports.
>>
-NBA
>4.8 year career average
>$6 Billion in NBA revenue
>$3 Billion going to players
>There is a time and team specific maximum contract
>450 NBA players
>Averaged out to $6.7 Million a year per player
>Average lifespan
>Contracts are basically forced to be guaranteed for players of any establishment
>There's a standard player size and weight, where outliers to those standards have to either be really tall, or really athletic. Think of a Muggsy Bouges

-NFL
>3.2 Year career average
>$13 Billion in NFL Revenue
>$6 Billion going to players
>No contract maximums
>1,696 NFL Players
>Averaged out to be $3.5 Million a year per player
>Guaranteed money is given by a contract to contract basis, with better paid players usually getting more guaranteed money
>NFL is filled with athletes of all shapes and sizes
>>
File: YurpoorsWillDefendThis.png (12 KB, 615x194) Image search: [Google]
YurpoorsWillDefendThis.png
12 KB, 615x194
>>69194630

lol at talking shit about our sports when your semen slurping sport ends in a tie 30% of the time, and ends in a 0 (zero) - 0 (zero) tie 10% of the time.

<<<lmao That's over 100 games in one league alone ending in a 0-0 tie.

And then for major knockout games, you decide the winner with a retarded minigame.

Truly the worst sport on Earth. Only popular because it's cheap.
>>
>>69194837
>That's over 100 games in one league alone ending in a 0-0 tie.

*per season
>>
>>69194823
NBA is GOAT
Eggball is only good for the superbowl
>>
>>69192859
this.
>>
>>69193693
This DESU.
>>
>>69194837
>ends in a tie 30% of the time, and ends in a 0 (zero) - 0 (zero) tie 10% of the time.
Again
>I can't appreciate the complexity of a deep sport like football and think a match is boring if it ends 0-0 even though there were various goal chances and I can't appreciate when a team defends well
Sports are clearly not meant for you.
>>
>>69192859
It must be billionaire owners putting all their own money into their little hobby, because baseball sucks balls
>>
I always laugh when they show some NFL or Baseball player in the UFC crowd, and everybody loses their shit when he shows up, and literally NOBODY outside America knows who the fuck he is. lel 10 of 10 times are niggers.
>>
>>69192859
>>69194888
I agree. Aside from "Semen slurping". How is by far the best sport playing second fiddle to the NFL in revenue?
>>
>>69194930

>Soccer
>"Complex."

Rofl.

An NFL playbook is 300-500 pages. Meanwhile, you can fit all the soccer "tactics" on a single page.

Also, your sport is so semen slurpingly boring that people are talking more about a silly dance a player did than the game itself.

<<<Sums up soccer strat/tactics. Even the players think it's retardedly simple.

Your sport sucks, Luigi. A relic from the 1800s and the British Empire.
>>
>>69194968
'americans' <- this
>>
>>69194957
Basketball player got it the worst, you can tell most NBA players easily, it's not like they can blend into a crowd. MLB and most NFL players could blend in and look like regular people
>>
File: V8tUvmN.png (43 KB, 911x663) Image search: [Google]
V8tUvmN.png
43 KB, 911x663
>>69194957

American is the only country that matters, so why is this a problem?
>>
What's wrong with a game ending in a draw when it's a round robin format where the league winner is determined by how many points they can accumulate over the season?
>>
>>69194837
>>69194856

><<<lmao That's over 100 games in one league alone ending in a 0-0 tie.

Are you literally retarded?

380 games in the PL every season. 10 per cent ending 0-0 would be 38 games, not over 100 you spastic.
>>
>>69195151
The round robin format and format based around points scored over a regular season determining the champion is a joke. The Soccer tournaments and world cups are infinitely more enjoyable and entertaining, and would be even more if they didn't have that stupid draw format
>>
>>69195093
Why is NFL the sport with most bankrupt players after their careers?
>>
>>69192648
Most NBA teams don't actually carry the max 15 players on their roster
>>
>>69195229
because they try their hardest to keep up with the Joneses
>>
>>69195229
Well the NFL has a ton of players so of course the numbers would be inflated. Plus eggball players don't make as much as NBA or MLB players
>>
The NBA has a rule in place that forces teams to be at, at the very least, 90% of the total team cap.
>>
>>69195210
>The Soccer tournaments and world cups are infinitely more enjoyable and entertaining

For casuals and women, yes.
Real big dawgs like the long grind of a full, double round robin football season over the set piece tournaments with big finals. They're good respite but if we balanced the entire game around knockout tournaments it just wouldn't work. Suddenly all that depth would vanish as smaller teams would play significantly less games and eventually have little purpose.
>>
>>69195275
I thought they earn the most, i suppose i was wrong. On this other thread NFL is ranked number one in how much money is circulating in league.
>>
File: TiesTiesTies.png (33 KB, 860x731) Image search: [Google]
TiesTiesTies.png
33 KB, 860x731
>>69195199

I always love when dipshit Brits and Yuros get smug with "are uh liturrrally retahded."

I feel like fuckin' with your tiny pea British brain, so I won't reveal to you how you're being "retarded" in this instance.

Figure it out, Mohammed.

(I did inflate the 10% figure for laughs. More like 6.7%, which is still too fuckin' much).
>>
>>69192648
>But heres the thing!! The NFL generates almost 3 times the Revenue [$$$] that the NBA makes. The Cowboys are more valuable than fucking Real Madrid, the worlds most expensive team!!
Since you mention it.
Basketball is played worldwide. American Football is not. If NBA doesn't pay their player well they will start moving to other leagues.
Well, they already do. Portuguese League as alot of USA players. Shitty ones but if teams in USA paid them less you would have less shitty ones.
>>
>>69195275
MLB players are unique, in that they're often times at the show much later than NBA(19 or 20), or NFL(20-21). They also hit free agency much later because there is a real incentive to sign a contract during your team controlled years. The real issue is that minor league players make 8k a year on average. That's criminal at best, and nearing slave labor at worst.

>>69195298
Nice slippery slope fallacy there at the end. I like that you jumped straight to it
>>
>>69192895
IT SAYS RIGHT THERE IN THE GRAPHIC
>>
File: 1459736191856.png (247 KB, 567x320) Image search: [Google]
1459736191856.png
247 KB, 567x320
>>69192895
>>
>>69195333
Yeah, ABA league also has some American players, and more is comming every year. Ofc, not the best players by far, but pretty decent ones.
>>
>>69195333
Ish Smith, a well below average starter, but a decent microwave player off the bench couldn't possibly make 6m a year in europe. maybe China
>>
>>69195060
>An NFL playbook is 300-500 pages. Meanwhile, you can fit all the soccer "tactics" on a single page.
>tactic n.1: nigga run fast
>tactic n.2: nigga run faster
>tactic n.3: nigga run even faster
You can't be for real.
>terry cooke
Who the fuck is that guy?
>>69195151
Never mind burgers, they think making a "regular season" and then deciding the winner of the season with playoffs, even though they would already have one, is a good idea.
>>69195210
>he thinks it's not important for a team to maintain a certain performance over the season and the effort shouldn't be rewarded
Did you clap after typing that shit?
>>
File: smug beepe.png (39 KB, 914x1091) Image search: [Google]
smug beepe.png
39 KB, 914x1091
>>69195331
>GUYS GUYS I INTENTIONALLY GOT FACTS WRONG BUT I DIDN'T DO IT ON PURPOSE I JUST DID IT TO MAKE YOU LOOK STUPID!

Christ you're tragic.
>>
>>69195313
Nah, NFL as an organization makes the most per year, but they have to split up the money between a fuck load of players
>>
>>69192777
I'd day that NBA is a lot more valuable thant NFL in the long-term, cause basketball is widely more popular sport in the world, it has yet to reach its ceiling
>>
>>69195420
>He thinks NBA, NHL, NFL, and MLB teams don't try to maintain a certain performance over the season, and that their efforts are rewarded

Protip. the reward is the playoffs, where players who make said playoffs make even more money. Look, Leicester City is a nice story and all, But it gets dwarfed by a game 7 every time
>>
>>69192859
160 matches per season, m8

Also it's the sport watched by rich old baby boomers. It will be a fringe sport in 30-40 years
>>
>>69193981
>hes basically doing the same thing that Messi does just without a ball because carrying a ball takes next to no effort.

I'd pay good money to see Messi try to score a touchdown against 11 NFL defenders. The difference between our football and your football is our players wouldn't get crippled attempting your sport.
>>
>>69195483
Basketball is the future, literally the only sport without any competition. You're not going to turn rugby fans into NFL fans, Soccer/RealFootball fans are there of course, and can't understand why the hell the game the NFL plays would be called "football". Baseball has some competition and is boring, but basketball is literally in it's own lane.

Plus you need a yard or a field to play soccer/eggball/ or baseball. But anybody can buy a basketball hoop and set it up and shoot in their driveway
>>
File: roeder-feature-soccerboring-1.png (31 KB, 575x448) Image search: [Google]
roeder-feature-soccerboring-1.png
31 KB, 575x448
>>69195420

>He thinks beating up on bottom feeders and padding your way to a "championship" is more representative of team quality than facing off with a foe of similar strength in a winner-take-all format.

Guess what, Guido, EVERY other professional sport in the world aside from semen slurp soccer has a regular season/playoff structure as a opposed to the malarkey that is a league points system.

If you can't beat another contender straight up and have to back into winning the title on total points, they you don't deserve a title.

And lmao at deciding shit on away goals.

What a stupid goddamn sport and league structure.

>They score 2.5 goals on average each game in semen slurp

Is this why you chant? To be keep yourselves awake for this shit?
>>
>>69195499
>the reward is the playoffs
>the reward is the same for everyone
>b-but the last is p-paired with the first
As if the regular season final result was a real classification.
>it gets dwarfed by a game 7 every time
>needing 7 games to understand who's better

Just stop, do yourself a favour.
>>
>>69195559
>The difference between our eggball and your football

Well no fucking shit, I bet a fat ass NFL eggball player can't score a goal in actual football either. And is getting crippled playing a game supposed to be a selling point?
>>
>>69195358
Sadly you got them lobbying to try and get an exception from Minimum Wage from the feds as the players are suing about that situation and want it changed.
>>
>>69195631
>Just stop, do yourself a favor
I'm not your mirror, anon.
>>
>>69195559
>The difference between our football and your football is our players wouldn't get crippled attempting your sport.

Because they are monsters, right?

Look "our" football can be played by anybody (90% of population can play), "your" football can only be played by 5% of population who happen to be genetically freaks
>>
>>69195559
>our players wouldn't get crippled attempting your sport.
Are you serious? They couldn't even manage to keep the ball for 5 seconds and would always commit faul when trying to defend.
>>
>>69195443

It considers the top 4 tiers of your "English Football League," Nigel.

Yeah, I'm tragic. Think more carefully before you type next time.

I await the typical British deflection instead of a an honest admission of error.
>>
>>69195331

>ties are inherently bad because I'm not intelligent enough to be able to enjoy something unless one team clearly beats the other
>>
>>69194930
Shut the fuck up, please.
>>
>>69195656
Don't worry, the "Save America's Pastime Act" won't go anywhere. But the
Fixing Unfair Control of Kids by Making Labor Bountiful for Obliging Workers Needs and Encouraging Realistic Settlements Act will go real far
>>
>>69195642
>Well no fucking shit, I bet a fat ass NFL eggball player can't score a goal in actual football either.

Bet they would have a better chance than a soccer player scoring a touchdown. Only the linemen are fat.

>And is getting crippled playing a game supposed to be a selling point?

Yes.
>>
>>69195685
Think about why great stories never end with the two sides at a stalemate.
>>
>>69192480
NBA is more Hero ball then a real sport
>>
>premier league makes the most for football
>is the worst league

weird
>>
>>69195664

Hence the appeal of NFL football.

>>69195671

Look up what "crippled" means in english. At least they would be able to walk away afterwards.
>>
>>69195740
>Says this when the championship games of the last 48 years haven't been won by a single player carrying his entire team
>>
>>69195664
Classic genetic freak right here.
>>
File: 1433723571813-2.png (58 KB, 636x674) Image search: [Google]
1433723571813-2.png
58 KB, 636x674
>>69195753
Product placement, lad.

If the market is to be trusted, the EPL is the best league because it generates more money

You can't argue money :^)
>>
File: bitch plz.png (90 KB, 258x229) Image search: [Google]
bitch plz.png
90 KB, 258x229
>>69195773
>>
>>69195685

Yes. Ties are inherently bad.

And before the Yuropoor start their Americans greentexting or whatever, why is practically every other sport American and Non-American alike structured in such a way to outright prevent or limit ties to a non stupid level?

"Footy" is an anachronistic game from the ages of the British Empire. Everything about is boring and Victorian.
>>
>>69195730
They would be too accustomed to taking 30 second breaks every time the play is over to run up and down a football field continuously. But yeah there are some safetys and recievers + running backs who could maybe be football players if they started over as kids and dedicated their lives to it
>>
>>69195773
last 5 nba championships had the same player playing in it which makes the NBA a non sport
>>
>>69195753
>our 7th placed team knocked out dortmund of the EL

Only Spain is ahead.
>>
>>69195814
What a super athlete, up their amongst the ranks of a Lebron James, Usain Bolt, Leo Messi
>>
>>69195609
>he thinks top teams will always beat "bottom feeders"
Stop watching La Liga, Bundesliga and Premiership, you retard, and watch a real league like Serie A. Look at what Milan and Inter did this year. Do you know how many times big teams have lost at the league on the last game against a supposedly shit one?

Playoff are retarded if you already have a season.
>>69195703
Fuck off, kraut, not today.
>>69195770
Yeah, they will get crippled because they're not built to move the way football players do. They'll get knee problems immediately. Look it up.
>>
>>69195862
This Year
>Kyrie and Love
Last Year
>Kyrie and Love
2 Years ago
>Wade and Bosh
3 Years ago
>Wade and Bosh
4 Years ago
>Wade and Bosh
He wouldn't have reached any of those by himself.
>>
>>69195862
>Sports where players have the power to dominate are non sports
>>
>>69195902
>Yeah, they will get crippled because they're not built to move the way football players do.

Bullshit. Explosive movement is all NFL players do.
>>
>>69195853
>Ties are inherently bad
Americans are inherently stupid.
>>
>>69195939
THE EXPLOSIVE DAN BAILEY
>>
>>69195902

So only Italian football is "real" football?

The rest of the world plays a cheap imitation, I take it?

Maybe you're onto something here.
>>
>>69195900
James is not a athlete he is more a high paid circus attraction. or WWE superstar
>>
>>69192648
>!!
why are you mad jamal, its not like you get off your fat ass to play the sport
>>
>>69195956
Name 3 times in history where a Stalemate progressed society
>>
File: laughterone.jpg (10 KB, 260x190) Image search: [Google]
laughterone.jpg
10 KB, 260x190
>>69195956

>Defending ties
>>
>>69195922
you try to hard troll he doesnt need anybody but the true heroes of basketball the Refs
>>
>>69195853

Ties don't seem to bother any other country in the world other than America - maybe it's your education system?

I've been to hundreds of games over the years and my favorite of all time was a tie - ended 3-3, one of the best games I think anyone had been to for a long time.
>>
>>69196007
You might just be a fisherman
>>
>>69196017

>talking about a game of football
>name 3 times in history where a Stalemate progressed society

I guess it's a good job we don't negotiate trans-atlantic trade deals using football then you fucking gump
>>
>>69196088
>Durr ties aren't inherently bad
>Name a time when a tie was good
>B-But we're only talking about soccer!
>>
File: imdone.webm (1 MB, 854x466) Image search: [Google]
imdone.webm
1 MB, 854x466
>>69195987
>James is not an athlete
Literally wtf m8
>>
>>69196056

The only reason that 3-3 game was good because it actually had scoring, which is an extreme rarity in the sport of semen slurp, so of course it's going to be entertaining compared to the usual 0-0, 1-0 fare.

That's the low standard soccer sets.
>>
>>69196017
cold war
carthage vs. rome
gun control
>>
>>69195939
They run in a line. They train for that. They have a huge mass.
All that will get them knee problems.
>>69195979
No. I'm saying the low and medium-tier teams are much harder to play against than those of the other leagues. You really believe Barca, Real and Bayern would regularly score 5-10 goals agains low-tiers Italian teams? You're retarded if you believe that.
>>69196017
Cold war. Duh.
>>
>>69196149
Two had inherent winners in the end, and the third is still ongoing, with negative progress throughout, leaning towards an anti-progressive side winning.

>>69196194
Inherent winner
>>
>>69196130

Again, you not only consider a tie to be inherently bad but also not scoring inherently bad, as if a goal automatically makes a game entertaining.

I honestly feel sorry for you, I really do. Imagine having something that 90% of the world finds enjoyable but due to an accident of birth, your brain just cant comprehend it and allow you to loo at it and smile like everyone else.

Where other people see excitement and tension, you see only some men kicking a ball.

Thanking the universe every day that I wasn't born American.
>>
What young kid who plays both football and basketball is going to choose football anymore. There's literally no point. Risking your life for peanuts compared to the lavish lifestyle of nba
>>
>>69196111
>the nation that to this day attempts to save face by saying Vietnam was a tie also doesn't believe in ties

well I suppose you got btfo'd by the gooks then
>>
>>69196130
>good defense that results in a 0-0 isn't entertaining
People like you should be terminated.
>>
>>69196194
>They run in a line. They train for that. They have a huge mass.
>All that will get them knee problems.

confirmed for having never watched a down of football
>>
>>69196111

Yes we are only talking about soccer you fucking autist, jesus christ.
>>
>>69196236
It was a muddy, confusing, loss. Cases could be made that while actually fighting and stationed in Vietnam, great strides were made against the NVA and VC, especially after the hilariously failed Tet offensive. But in the end Vietnam was united under communist rule, so by definition it should stand as a defeat.
>>
>>69196211
Holy shit worst korea telling it like it is
>>
>>69196220
That's true.
>Play basketball
>Have fun
>Get to jump a lot
>Swag

Or

>Play Eggball
>Allow yourself to be tackling dummy
>High risk of broken bones
>Risk of having screws and metal plates in your body the rest of your life for playing a dumb ass game when you were 10
>Lower pay even if you did make it to the NFL

Nate Robinson probably could have played in the NFL but he said fuck that and went for the higher paying, longer lasting, and more healthy route.

But there will always be guys to fill NFL spots regardless
>>
The fuck these people on about calling the Cold War a stalemate?

It had a clear winner. The West over the Soviet Union.

>They destroyed themselves, retard!

Yeah, because the West knew their fundamentally flawed economic system would eventually collapse, so the West basically baited the Soviets into a penis measuring arms race that we knew would destroy their economy.

And even if we concede they destroyed themselves, last I checked, a team losing via an own goal is still a "win" for the other team.
>>
>>69196236
>gooks
They're not even real gooks, they're sandal-gooks.
>>69196275
Unfortunately I have. Could never watch more than 10 minutes of that circus called sport by retards.
>>
>>69192480
So why is german Bundesliga present two times on that chart?
>>
>>69196211
>The unpopularity of ties in American sports is reflected in the saying, "A tie is like kissing your sister." The earliest known use of the phrase was by Navy football coach Eddie Erdelatz after a scoreless tie against Duke in 1953

It seems like Americans have plenty of experience in both preventing ties and inbreeding
>>
>>69196357
I guess it's the Zweite Liga.
>>
>>69192480
Rather shitty graphic desu. They stagger the height to include more in a smaller area, but a lot of folks probably misinterpret it because the height typically implies some sort of ranking.

Anyway, football players should get better contracts, specifically guaranteed money. They're destroying their lives for the sport. I think football will fall by the wayside in the next few decades.
>>
>>69196288
There's ties in hockey too, but they're more rare. If I had my way I would make hockey a little bit more like basketball, they're kind of similar games as it is, basketball is actually based off hockey. Only thing that I would change about hockey is offsides rule, when I play NHL on xbox I turn that rule off. That way I can pass it up the ice for a fast break basketball style.
>>
>>69196211
I like soccer but your argument is fallacious. Scoring in poisson distribution games like soccer, basketball and hockey are the only way the game state changes. You don't see grown men weeping and jumping up and down or chicks getting their tits out over a sweet series of passing.
>>
>>69196296

It genuinely is down to the American education system, I lived there for a year and they're genuinely too stupid to enjoy football, I don't even mean it as an insult.

Some hipster faggots were obsessed with MLS and used to turn up to the bar wearing their team's shirt and scarfs, but didn't get it when I said that would be considered pretty spergy in most places in the world, unless it was a huge party game like a World Cup Final.

Not only that, but midway through the game I'd say the most basic shit like "why are they using two holding mids AND two centre backs?" and they'd just look at you like I was talking particle physics or some shit, these are the same faggots who never shut up about "soccer" and MLS all the time.

I remember we watched Bayern vs Barcelona were Pep changed the formation a few minutes into the game because Bayern almost got raped, and I had to sit with these mongs who didn't have a fucking clue what just happened and couldn't comprehend what I was talking about when I said holy shit look what he just did, they've completely changed to a 4-1-4-1!

Couldn't wait to get out of there.

It's why it's dumb to argue with them - they genuinely cant look at a game of football and see what everyone else sees. They're like a dog looking at a painting.
>>
>>69196397
>"A tie is like kissing your sister."
I wish I had a hot older sister and knew that feeling. Burgers don't understand a thing.
>>
>>69196357
The small one is 2 bundesliga
>>
>>69196429
>Only thing that I would change about hockey is offsides rule, when I play NHL on xbox I turn that rule off. That way I can pass it up the ice for a fast break basketball style.

shut the fuck up
>>
>>69196418
The non-guaranteed contracts is some slave master shit, franchise tags too.
>>
>>69196329
>But there will always be guys to fill NFL spots regardless
I can't wait for "football" to overtake "the military" in career paths for people too stupid to graduate high school without a crutch.
>>
>>69192480
Because there are far fewer players in the NBA. Each NFL team has like 53 active players on their roster during their season, while juggled 15-20 extra players during preseason and offseason.

NBA has a max of 15 players per team and only 13 can suit up on any given night.

This is basic stuff, you shit-eating faggot.
>>
>>69196211

90% of the world also finds capeshit blockbusters "enjoyable."

Nice "appeal to popularity" fallacy, Bing Wook (I actually think you're a Yuro living there).

>>69196291

Australia semen shielding for soccer defenders when you're country has the same exact attitude toward the game as us.
>>
File: shaq607.jpg (32 KB, 607x343) Image search: [Google]
shaq607.jpg
32 KB, 607x343
>>69196474
Way more fun, Hockey would probably be more watchable. Hockey is a great game to play, it's cool to watch but I don't watch it very often, it would be better with more speed and breakaways instead of the slowed down zone shit that comes with the way offsides slows it down
>>
There's a famous saying about Footbal: the perfect game is the one that ends 0-0.
It means neither of the two teams commits mistakes that lead to a goal.

Just give up burgers, you can't understand sports.
>>
>>69196435

In football the entertainment lies in the creation of chances. A goal can be incredibly satisfying after a prolonged period of two teams creating chances, or a team that heavily outstacks another but comes up against a well organised defense.

As a game goes on the tension increases, especially if the two teams are good and evenly matched and a lot is riding on it. That tension is the entertainment. The heart rising as the ball is worked closer to the penalty box is entertainment. The release when a goal is scored is entertainment, but it's not THE entertainment. It's not all there is.

Where I can sit with my friends and talk for hours about how great a game was even if it ended 0-0, Americans for some reason seem to have a deficiency which prevents them from having witnessed the same thing that everyone else witnessed.

They basically sit waiting for a goal or a funny commercial and everything else they're completely incapable of understanding, let alone enjoying.
>>
>>69196496
It's happening
>>
>>69196435
>Americans in charge of football
>4 consecutive passes give you one point
>A goal gives you 7 points unless it was from a cross in which case it gives you 8 points
>Penalty goals are worth 5 points
>Hitting the crossbar or a post is 3 points
>Getting a corner kick is 1 point
>A foul is 1 point to the opposing team

>Games take 5 hours to resolve as referees have to note everything down
>Plenty of time for car commercials every 5 minutes
>Americans love it
>>
>>69196329
Yeah but when all the talented freaks like obj, ap, ab, bell etc stop playing it's going to be so boring and nobody will watch
>>
>>69196538
>90% of the world also finds capeshit blockbusters "enjoyable."
In burgerland. I wonder why.
>>
>>69196577
>There's a famous saying about Footbal: the perfect game is the one that ends 0-0.

So a perfect game of soccer is a game that has the same result as if it were never played.

Yeah, real exciting shit there.
>>
>>69196538

It's not just 'popularity' though is it dipshit, it's not a fad, it's not a fashion that will fade, it's literally the world's game, and has been for over a hundred years. Something that transcends culture, language, wealth, everything.

Unless you're American in which case you get to sit in the corner at the party and complain that everyone is having fun incorrectly.
>>
>>69196618
You realize most of those dogshit movies are made for China now, right?
>>
>>69196577
This is so dumb. There are tons of 0-0 where there's just a lack of talent in scoring clear opportunities
>>
File: >mfw.gif (869 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
>mfw.gif
869 KB, 320x240
>>69196465
>It genuinely is down to the Korean education system, I lived there for a year and they're genuinely too stupid to enjoy football, I don't even mean it as an insult.

Some hipster faggots were obsessed with NFL and used to turn up to the bar wearing their team's jersey and hat, but didn't get it when I said that would be considered pretty spergy in most places in the world, unless it was a huge party game like the Super Bowl.

Not only that, but midway through the game I'd say the most basic shit like “why are they running cover 2 when it is a running down?” and they'd just look at you like I was talking particle physics or some shit, these are the same faggots who never shut up about “gridiron” and NFL all the time.

I remember we watched Seattle vs New England were Belichick changed the formation a few minutes left in the game because New England almost got raped, and I had to sit with these mongs who didn't have a fucking clue what just happened and couldn't comprehend what I was talking about when I said holy shit look what he just did, they've moved the corners into the box!

Couldn't wait to get out of there.

It's why it's dumb to argue with them - they genuinely cant look at a game of football and see what everyone else sees. They're like a dog looking at a painting.
>>
>>69196645

>the perfect game is the one that ends 0-0
>therefore all games that ended 0-0 were perfect

I knew America was dumb but Canada, come on.
>>
>>69196635
>Unless you're American in which case you get to sit in the corner at the party and complain that everyone is having fun incorrectly.

Except that we don't care what you people do and we're off having our own party.
>>
>>69196580
Top kek. I can totally see this.
>>69196624
Good defending is as exciting as good attacking, same for their result, you hopless retard.
>>69196641
Nice try.
>>69196645
You're dumb. The only reason why a player can score a goal is because another one made a mistake. This is the first rule of football.
>>
>>69196641
Speaking of. The WoW movie did massively well in China. In fact, it did so well they are probably going to make a sequel, despite the fact that it bombed in the US
>>
Ties are not necessarily boring in itself, if the quality of play is high and both teams play to win.

However, ties of the variety we've seen this Euro (where teams don't really try to win or even score but just play for penalties instead) will naturally rub us Americans the wrong way (and it should for you guys too)

t. Merifag soccer fan
>>
>>69196538
I'm not speaking on behalf of my country though, you fucking dipshit.
>>
>>69196747
Watch your fuckin mouth when you're talking to my nigga like that cuz
>>
File: FALCONS_PLAYBOOK.jpg (20 KB, 594x396) Image search: [Google]
FALCONS_PLAYBOOK.jpg
20 KB, 594x396
>>69196465

And you snaggle-tooth Brits are like a dog looking at paint when watching football.

"Oi, mate, all dey do is crash in another while another bloke moves about with the ball."

Soccer is the simplest major sport on Earth, and those of us raised on a sport that requires knowledge of dictionary sized playbooks and hours upon hours of film study to play reasonably well at a high level find your game simplistic shit, even AFTER we read up on all the so-called tactical "depth."

I've always said soccer is the finger painting of sports, based around childlike improvisation and "fun." Yeah, there's a few tactics, but nothing particularly mindblowing that is worth wasting an American brain cell on.

It's why you can throw a goat's head in front of a bunch of 3rd worlders and watch them "create" and marvel at the simplistic beauty of the game, or so I've read.

Seems more like giving a child some construction paper and fingerpaints to me.
>>
>>69196578
How many missed exciting chances do you remember from 10 years ago. Nobody looks back on games and says ohhh yeah that was some unbelievable pressure. You remember goals like aguerooo, CL 05, CL 99 etc
>>
>>69196659

>Haha I changed it from football to NFL, sure showed him

Only no, gumpy joe, you didn't, because NFL isn't a global game that one nation in particular cant seem to comprehend.

To the contrary, it's an entirely isolated and singular game which 95% of the world doesn't give a shit about to the point where it doesn't even exist, at any level.

Also, NFL is fairly easy to understand once you devote time to watching it. Anyone familiar with the NFL could watch a whole season and by the end be able to watch a game and enjoy it.

Americans just don't seem capable of doing that with football, a part of their brains just isn't developed to appreciate something with more than once facet.

>America trying to be smart

Embarrassing.
>>
>>69196734
>try to win
First you defend, if you defend succesfully then you try to attack. If the other team is stronger you don't just "try to win".
If you don't do this you're playing Football wrong.
>>
>>69196711
Great players and great teams make mistakes happen by exploiting weaknesses
>>
>>69196684

Keep telling yourself that pal, the rest of the world will be watching the next champions league final and flooding /sp/ with threads about it while you sit and cry about your superior sports that 95% of the world's population don't even know exist
>>
>>69196711
>Good defending is as exciting as good attacking

No it isn't.

That's what makes it harder to appreciate, you dipshit.
>>
>>69196775

Are you incapable of reasoning with a proposition which isn't expressed in absolutes? How fucking dumb can one continent be? Holy shit.
>>
>>69196780
>Only no, gumpy joe, you didn't, because NFL isn't a global game that one nation in particular cant seem to comprehend.

No its just a white people thing. Every Anglo country has its own version of "football" that they care more about.

>USA=NFL
>Canada=CFL
>Australia=AFL
>New Zealand=Rugby

But way to obsess over the game your masters taught you 100 years ago.
>>
>>69196817
I mean, what is South Korea but a vassal state of the U.S. anyway?

You guys can have /sp/ when we're not here. We have better things to do.
>>
>>69196868
Can't remember any then
>>
>>69196465
why do foreigners always "live here for a year"? i hear this shit all the time. "oh i lived there for a year so i know everything about your country." what city did you live in? why were you even here?
>>
>>69196789

This euro has been crappy in general though

Most of the ties aren't really due to good defense (like Atletico) but more due to bad offense and (especially) a lack of incentive to win

I've watched every euro and World Cup for 15 years now and it's never been like this before

I don't really blame the average American for not liking soccer if this Euro is all they have to go by
>>
>>69197036
>why do foreigners always "live here for a year"?

It is an attempt to make whatever backwards subhuman opinion they have more palatable.
>>
>>69196772
>Soccer is the simplest major sport on Earth
>I'll keep repeating this bullshit even though I don't know shit about a single tactic of Football
>>69196775
>2003 CL final
>2005 CL final
>2006 WC final
>last night game, which will be remembered for years
>many many more
Ok.
>>69196809
Wrong. That's a tactic, if the other players don't make mistakes, then they won't get an advantage.
>>69196821
>>69196821
>No it isn't.
Yeah, it is. I'm from an entire nation that cheers more for a good defending action than a good attacking one. Look at what Florenzi did last night when he saved a goal.
Stop embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>69196635

Stories crafted in the simplistic 3 act structure with key plot points at certain points have also transcended culture, language, wealth, and your mom's twat, much longer than your silly little game. Comic book stories alone are about as old as Association football.

People have always loved larger-than-life, 2 dimensional stories told to them in that format, and while I don't think that's bad, since I like a good blockbuster as much as anyone else, "accessibility" doesn't define quality.

Soccer is the most accessible game on the planet because a 3rd worlder can play it with an empty soda can.

And I don't really give a shit, either. You can have it, just come of the typical European self-righteousness, because it's you who are usually telling Americans they are having fun incorrectly with their sports.

Case in point, what triggered this debate was a Yuro telling us we need to accept "footy" as the best sport, when the OP wanted to talk about something else.

You can apologize for your isolationist myopia now.
>>
>>69197112
03 Italian bias. Was shit
Already mentioned 05
06 was 1-1 and the header made it memorable
Yesterday was 1-1
>>
>>69197068
>I don't really blame the average American for not liking soccer if this Euro is all they have to go by
Their fault for being ignorant.
You're stupid if you expect good Football from a national team. From the matches I've seen only Italy and Germany played decently.
>>
>>69197178
you keep calling him european when he is a dog eater
>>
>>69197201
Apparently your problem is that you can't discern good footbal from bad football.
>>
>>69197280
You like very defensive matches obviously cause that's what Italy is known for. I like balanced matches
>>
>>69197280
>Apparently your problem is that you can't discern good football from bad football.

No, that's easy.

Good football is played on the gridiron and bad football is also known as soccer.
>>
>>69197255
>>69197178

>silly little game
>muh rich sports
>all this autism
>'dog eater' attempt at banter

Everyone else ITT - have you thanked the Universe today that you weren't born American?

Never forget.
>>
Soccer is the Islam of sports.

>thread about the difference between pay in two different american leagues

>YOU MUST ACCEPT FOOTBALL AS #1! DEATH TO STUPID AMERICAN NON BELIEVERS! THERE IS ONLY ONE SPORT AND MESSI IS IT'S PROPHET!
>>
>>69197028

>being this incapable of grasping a simple point expressed in clear English by someone who doesn't even speak it as a first language
>>
>>69197331
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_meat_consumption_in_South_Korea
>>
>>69197331
Without America, you'd be North Korean.

So you're welcome.
>>
>>69193591
>>69193827
>>69194011
get back to making pizza my pleb friend, you're out of your depths here
>>
File: BlowingOutEurope.png (46 KB, 907x662) Image search: [Google]
BlowingOutEurope.png
46 KB, 907x662
>>69196780
>America trying to be smart

Yeah, we're pretty good at it (pic related. And inb4 you repeat the meme of "stolen Nazi scientists!" or something. I can blow that silly myth up, too, so I'll save you the trouble of typing it out).

Get it through your thick head we (majority of Americans) just don't like your game.

And we also couldn't care less if the world loved it or hated. And this right here reveals the issue Europeans always have. Our relative disinterest we have toward your culture, politics, sports, media compared to the seemingly frothing-at-the-mouth obsession you have with us just burns you up inside.

Honestly, no one would give one shit about this soccer vs. football pissing contest if it weren't for petty Euros also spazzing out about us calling our football, football and football, soccer.

It's stupid, but that's where this whole debate initially came from. I even remember that faggot Rooney tweeting about it.

We honestly don't care what you like, but you guys sure as hell seem to spend a whole lot of time caring about what we like.

And furthermore, we play pretty much every one of "your" sports competitively on the world stage, from tennis (by far the most Major wins in history) to golf to Boxing (British codified) to Volleyball to Waterpolo, etc, etc.

So come off the meme we only stick to "our" sports. If anyone does that, it's the Brits. I would even call out Europe because a few countries have taken to basketball.
>>
>>69194930
>muh complex scoreless tie philosophy
kek gfto with your pompousness. you're not smart, bet you couldn't even remember the first 5 pages of a high school playbook, let alone wrap your head around basic football strategy
>>
>>69196878
>New Zealand
>White country
>>
>>69197331

>Goes from writing paragraphs to meme-texting

You, you're blown out.

You can apologize for your myopia and bigotry now. I thought foreigners were supposed to be tolerant progressives accepting of other cultures?
>>
>>69197597
>I would even call out Europe

*I won't even
>>
File: this.gif (494 KB, 245x136) Image search: [Google]
this.gif
494 KB, 245x136
>>69197597
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-time_Olympic_Games_medal_table
>>
>>69197314
It's not about what I like.
And I don't like defensive football, I like a team that can do both the phases well, not a team that can only play offensively like the 90% of the people that watch football and the entirety of burgers who watch football like. That's not playing Football correctly. If you play Football correctly you don't take any goals.
>>69197327
Maybe in your mind.
>>69197340
>AND MESSI IS IT'S PROPHET!
The only wrong thing in that quote.
Right now there's no prophet.
>>69197522
>>69197644
>smart
>ever being a positive quality
Anyway it's clear you don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>69197255

He used the word mong, so I assumed he might be a Brit.

Possibly a Brit-a-Boo, then, which makes him even more pathetic.
>>
>>69197747
Now make that a pro capite chart and look at the suprising result.
>>
File: pervert.jpg (184 KB, 920x1077) Image search: [Google]
pervert.jpg
184 KB, 920x1077
>>69197068
As a newfound weeaboo I feel bad that I rooted for my country against Japan in the 2015 womens world cup final. Especially after abby wambachs disgusting display of perversion and degeneracy after she won when she kissed her girlfriend on national TV. Absolutely shameful
>>
Hol up... so the revenue from a league in a small island (England) is more than half the revenue of boreball in the USA, which is approximately 40 times the size of the UK?
>>
>>69197858
fuck more if you want more medals then
>>
File: tavecchio.jpg (884 KB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
tavecchio.jpg
884 KB, 3000x2000
>>69197862
>female football players are not lesbians
Tavecchio was right.
Apologize.
>>
>>69197813
motherfucker, i know your pleb ass. you have never watched anything besides soccer, let alone played any sports ever. you're the one who got no clue. as i stated you should get back to your pizzeria or moving company or whatever menial job you have plebby
>>
>>69197862
>disgusting display of perversion and degeneracy after she won when she kissed her girlfriend on national TV. Absolutely shameful

I don't really believe you're a weeaboo since a lot of anime is just girls making out.
>>
>>69197858

Per capita is stupid in that case because you can't expect smooth linear growth. Diminishing returns are a law.

And it also places higher standard on larger countries and much lower standards on smaller countries. For the US to equal the "per capita" rate of a country with 20 million people that won 5 gold medals, we'd have to win like 90 gold medals, which is pretty much an impossibility in the modern Olympic era.

Stop using per capita. Just makes you look retarded.
>>
>>69197917
Don't worry, in a hundred years china and India will take your spot.
>>69198007
>soccer
Why is it so hard for you to understand that Football is made of two phases?
>>69198026
Then stop using the number of the gold medals to measure your worth when you're the only civilized country with such a huge territory and many people, retard.
>>
>>69198141
get back to your neapolitan music, gennaro
>>
File: 6624375.jpg (150 KB, 617x840) Image search: [Google]
6624375.jpg
150 KB, 617x840
>>69198022
That's not a guideline to weebism though
>>
File: 1451888213752.png (40 KB, 825x635) Image search: [Google]
1451888213752.png
40 KB, 825x635
>>69198141
>>
>>69198252
It severely limits how much you can weeb if you can't appreciate forbidden love though.
>>
File: 463.jpg (60 KB, 594x396) Image search: [Google]
463.jpg
60 KB, 594x396
>>69198299
Eh.............................................................
>>
>Be American
>Not raveling in the dominance of Handegg

Deport these heretics!
>>
>>69198273
>my own set of rules are ok
>yours are not
Typical American.
>>69198233
What?
>>
>>69198486
I would rather see basketball as the top sports business. But it feels bad seeing these NBA players salaries rising, good for them but damn.. I wish I could be a guy who scores like 12 points a game and gets paid 80 million for 4 years. I would be fucking happy to save up 100K, life as an NBA player is good
>>
>>69198510

My rule makes sense, though. Do you really believe freaking Grenada is a better Olympic performer than Italy because they have more golds "per capita?"

The standards for countries with small populations are exceedingly low.
>>
>>69198802
It's still better than simply looking at the number of medals like you do.
Per capita isn't good anough? Fine, find another method.
>>
>>69199032

The better method is the scoreboard. No excuses.

If you don't believe this, then please promptly start a thread proclaiming Iceland or Wales the best soccer nation on the planet.

But you do believe it. You only "don't" when it comes to diminishing American accomplishments.
>>
File: 1467317384148.gif (763 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
1467317384148.gif
763 KB, 500x275
>>69192648
>Their union is TRASH
>>69192648
Basically this, NFLPA is a fucking joke
>>
File: aniggin.jpg (25 KB, 341x339) Image search: [Google]
aniggin.jpg
25 KB, 341x339
>>69192648
>using value to justify higher operating expenses
>>
who keeps watching baseball on TV, I mean really

I thought the whole point was to go with your kids, eat an overpriced hot dog and ignore the game
>>
>>69193802
underrated
>>
>>69192480
1. The NFL has more players per team
2. 90% of NFL players are anonymous to your average fan and are completely replaceable.
3. The NFL Player's Union really, really, really sucks. It's the worst one in all of American professional sports, even MLS has a better union.
>>
>>69195420
playoffs actually stemmed from having the winners of seperate leagues play one another. It was fun and exciting, so it endured and expanded as leagues merged and grew.

I'm happy to help you guys learn about stuff you don't understand but still manage to have strong opinions on.
>>
>>69200128
Old people, mostly. The average baseball fan is around 50 years old.

>tfw baseball will literally die in your lifetime because this same thing is happening in Japan
>>
>>69192879
what's wrong with draws? 3-3 or even 2-2 can be much more exciting than fucking 0-1 or 2-1
>>
>>69192895
i hope you're talking about the sudden raise of the draws
>>
>>69195902
>Milan and Inter
>Big Teams
choose one
>>
File: BTFOAPEHOOP.png (261 KB, 1483x904) Image search: [Google]
BTFOAPEHOOP.png
261 KB, 1483x904
>>69200246

Keep believing that, Paco.

As for Japan, it has remained at its 50ish percent most popular sport in the country for the latest decade, despite the growth of floptrot over there.

Also:

You need to go back.
>>
File: Adolf_Hitler_cropped_restored.jpg (1 MB, 2079x2739) Image search: [Google]
Adolf_Hitler_cropped_restored.jpg
1 MB, 2079x2739
>>69192895
I didn't die for this
>>
>>69199386
>The better method is the scoreboard. No excuses.
Absolutely no.
And it's retarded to look at the past (for that) because the only result that matters in sports is the next.
>>69200228
Too bad they could just make a single league to see who's the strongest. But it's a far too simple and logic solution for an american to comprehend.
>it was fun and exciting
Exactly, that's why your first thought should be "hey, why can't we make this a regularity by having a single leaugue?".
>>69200676
Did you even read my posts?
How much did they spend this year?
>>
>>69192480
Why isn't the Champions League in there? It probably beats the NFL.
>>
Jew Silver is behind all of this, he knows that if his players get paid more, they will perform alot better, and if they perform alot better, that means higher ratings, and higher ratings means the goyim will pay higher amounts of money on their favorite players + teams. I hope to god that the NBA topples the super corrupt NFL. Goodell needs to be exposed for the faggot he is
>>
>>69200782
>As for Japan, it has remained at its 50ish percent most popular sport in the country for the latest decade, despite the growth of floptrot over there.

You're missing my point entirely. Baseball is obviously still the 2nd-most popular sport in the US and #1 in Japan (and will likely stay #1 in Japan for a long time imo). But the average baseball fan in both countries is well into their 40s. Here, that's because of baseball's lack of appeal for young people, in Japan it's because the entire population is much older. When I wrote "literally die", that's exactly what I meant. We're going to see a steep decline in baseball attendance and tv ratings in the next few decades, as a significant percentage of fans either die or become too old to attend games regularly.
>>
>>69200798
>And it's retarded to look at the past (for that) because the only result that matters in sports is the next.

So Italy's 4 World Cups are irrelevant now?

Got it.

You're really tying yourself up into some logical knots because you're too prideful and anti-American to admit we are the GOAT Olympic country.
>>
It's pretty well-established that the NFLPA is by far the weakest union of the 4 major sports'
>>
>>69200890
This. Part of it is just bad negotiation, but the "helmet effect" is the biggest factor. The average football fan wouldn't recognize 95% of the players in the league if they were walking around in public. You could replace 5 guys (other than the QB) in any NFL team with backups and most people wouldn't even notice.
>>
>>69200882
They're irrelevant in determining the team's worth right now, yeah.
Look at what happened to Brazil.
They're not irrelevant in determining the country's football tradition and past achievements.
>>
>>69200821
>Champions League
Because it is a tournament, not a league. However if you took the revenue of all the leagues that participate, they would beat the NFL as a collective.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.