[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Al Horford’s father, Tito, had some parting words for Hawks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: al-horford.jpg (201 KB, 620x416) Image search: [Google]
al-horford.jpg
201 KB, 620x416
Al Horford’s father, Tito, had some parting words for Hawks fans after the free-agent center left Atlanta to sign a four-year, $113 million deal with the Celtics on Saturday.

Speaking with The Boston Globe’s Adam Himmelsbach, the former Bucks center said his son didn’t enjoy looking at an empty arena when the team was playing well.

“There wasn’t as much motivation for him when he saw all the empty seats when they were winning,” Tito Horford said. “He said to me, ‘Dad, when we were playing Boston, they were down 15 points and they were cheering their team like they were winning the game. They’re so into the game.’ This is special for us, especially for him.

“Ever since Boston, Danny Ainge and the whole organization began to show interest in him, that opened his eyes. He always had a good feel about Boston.”

Atlanta ranked 23rd in the league with an 89.9 attendance rate last year at home games, while the Celtics were in 15th, selling out 98.1% of the TD Garden.

On Saturday, Atlanta made a big push for Horford, offering him a max contract and getting some recruiting help from Kent Bazemore, according to Sheridan Hoops’ Mike Scotto.

According to The Vertical’s Adrian Wojnarowski, Horford ultimately “relented” on their push after the two sides were $6 million apart.

The 6'10" center had played his entire nine-year career for the Hawks since they selected him with the No. 3 pick of the 2007 NBA draft.

Tl;dr: Horford doesn't find Hawks fans to be into the game of basketball as much as celtics fans.

Thoughts ?
>>
Yeah but Atlanta has better nightclubs and strip clubs.
>>
>>69191778
have you seen his wife? he doesn't need any of that.
>>
I bet they'll sell out games with Dwight Howard
>>
in a city where the only basketball fans are transplants who like other teams and hood niggas of course attendance will be low when tickets are expensive as fuck
>>
Why the hell would anybody want to live in the capital of aids
>>
>>69191778
I heard Atlanta arguably has the best strip clubs in America outside of Vegas. Is this true?
>>
File: danny_ainge_red_auerbach.jpg (31 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
danny_ainge_red_auerbach.jpg
31 KB, 400x300
>>69191731
he's going to help the celitcs. they need another good big.

i think KD will sign for a 1+1 contract with Boston.

it's going to happen
>>
I think that Horford put up only 13 and 6 in the playoffs. He isn't in a position to call out the fan base when you don't produce.
>>
>>69191833

>Hawks
>expensive as fuck
i took my dad to every home playoff game. $20 a ticket.

>only basketball fans are transplants who like other teams
this is true. im a heat fan. but got to hawks games cause the tickets are cheap. the visiting teams fans pack the place.
>>
Boston fans are nuts and garden games are wicked expensive but they're always sold out, like watch any Boston/ New England home game (hold for the revs) and there are no empty seats. You can't go anywhere without seeing or hearing some form of team sports in that city
Sauce:I live in Boston
Inb4 get out
>>
>>69191889
I heard Gillette has a horrible crowd. They said it's like a church, and not one of those fun nigger churches
>>
>>69191889
get out. Your city is dirty and your fans are dirty. You are lucky to have an Alpha like Brady.
>>
>>69191904

You keep quiet when brady is working the snap and calling audibles. Peyton was the same way in Denver.

Watch more football there retard
>>
>>69191850
It's crazy to think, might very well happen with this impressive signing.
>>
>>69191870
>the visiting teams fans pack the place.
so they're the chargers of the nba...
>>
>>69191731

someone needed to say it
>>
File: cuckmyshitup.png (334 KB, 669x465) Image search: [Google]
cuckmyshitup.png
334 KB, 669x465
I feel for Atlanta basketball fans. Idk much about the town, but it's tough to have players avoid your team because other people in attendance aren't into it or there are too many empty seats.

Look at this screenshot of twitter's nba fanbase map. Almost all of Georgia is dominated by the Lakers (purple means the Lakers have the highest percentage of nba team follows in that county), and even fucking Fulton county is purple. Fulton county is where the Hawks arena is. The Hornets, Grizzlies, and Pelicans nearby at least dominate a few counties deep. Then you'll see teams like the Bulls, Pacers, and Cavs which dominate larger areas. The Wizards suffer a similar fate to the Hawks. A bunch of Lakers swagfag fuccbois arbitrarily identifying with a team thousands of miles away.

Map's at interactive.twitter.com/nba_followers/.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.