[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Genuinely curious - why is soccer attributed to England again,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (444 KB, 2397x2400) Image search: [Google]
image.png
444 KB, 2397x2400
Genuinely curious - why is soccer attributed to England again, when Mexico and China have been playing it for thousands of years?

In America we always associate soccer with Latin America.
>>
Kicking around a severed head is not football
>>
>>69155844
it's such a basic concept it was probably first played thousands of years ago. but the English were the first civilization to develop professional leagues with rules. so they get the credit.
>>
>>69155844
Waaaaay more watched and popular.
>>
>>69155844

>White man stealing other culture's inventions

What a surprise.
>>
>>69155878
It is tho 2bh
>>
>>69155844
Ancient India had a sewage system, we don't associate India with the invention of the toilet though.
>>
Because they colonised the entire world and introduced it to the native populace, foolishly thinking that they would never become proficient at it.
>>
>>69155932
>colonised

How's that proxy working, Nigel?
>>
>>69155916
quite one black man major invention please
>>
>>69155957

>Being this self-loathing towards your own race
>>
>>69155888
Then why do Americans call it "futbol" when that's a Spanish word

Most of us don't really associate soccer with England
>>
>>69155888
>"NIGGERS ABC COLLIDE INTO NIGGERS XYZ"
>"WHITEY THROW EGG TO NIGGER"
>"OCASSIONALLY LET NIGGER RUN WITH EGG"
so complicate much strategy
>>
>povertyball

Lel, people that aren't third worlders unironically enjoy this?

Wimbledon, the true civilized white man's sport is on right now, forget povertyball.
>>
>>69156006

FIGHT

AND WIN

LE EPIC POST

Fuck American soccer fans are the worst. All the nerds from high school trying to find their niche hipster sport that Chad doesn't dominate.
>>
>>69155995
we don't, those are just dumb people who think that's what europeans call it.
>>
>>69156025
Tennis has to be the absolute most boring spectator sport going.

It doesn't even have charming commentators like golf.
>>
>>69156006
oh shit, i can bait soccer fans without even trying. i wasn't insulting the sport you raging autist.
>>
>>69155844
Because the rules of soccer were created in England. The football games played in ancient China only superficially resembled the modern game.
>>
>>69155995
Futbol doesn't even mean anything. That Spanish word is an import from English.

The direct translation would be like pelota de pie or something
>>
>>69156115
Then why is England so bad at it?

Typically countries that invent sports aren't absolutely horrific at it.

That's why a lot of doubt really goes to whether they actually invented it
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-27-14-07-52_1.jpg (256 KB, 1042x1832) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-27-14-07-52_1.jpg
256 KB, 1042x1832
>>69155932
>colonised
>>
>>69155932
i don't think they really cared how good they would be back then. there wasn't an EPL, it was just played for fun. also the most dominant colonies in soccer were created by the Portugeuse or however you spell that fucking country's name.
>>
>>69156160
Also why is every English speaking country bad at soccer if England invented it?

All England did was basically write down arbitrary rules for it. All of Europe was playing it longer than England did
>>
>>69156160
>Then why is England so bad at it?
The people who invented it died a long time ago.
>>
>>69156160
because they still play like it's 1870

they haven't modernized
>>
Protip: no one cares who codified or invented football.
>>
>>69156308
It's a huge part of your shit culture

Something that only brown people are good at.
>>
>>69156160
Why are China, Mexico and Egypt bad at it if they invented it?
>>
>>69156336
>Something that only brown people are good at.
Like Germany?
>>
>>69155888
This. England invented what we know as modern football (their public schools developed the concept so they could play against each other). Romans, indigenous people from all around the globe played primitive and more simpler versions of what we know now as football
>>
>>69156336
but two of our four sports have been taken over by niggers.
>>
>>69155995
Only beaners and hipsters call it futbol, most people call it, you guessed it, SOCCER. Which is an English word.
>>
>>69156160
By your logic videogame developers would be the best players, which isn't the case.
>>
>>69156254
>also the most dominant colonies in soccer were created by the Portugeuse

That's only Brazil. Other Portuguese ex-colonies are absolute shit at soccer.

If anything I'd say Spanish colonies are the best - Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, etc.
>>
>>69156809
honestly what's even the difference between those two countries, they are the united states of spain.
>>
>>69156809
Cape Verde would actually have a very good team if we didn't use their players over and over again.
>>
You asked this question before, why are you expecting a different answer?You've obviously got your mind set on what you believe and nothing we say is going to change it because "FUCK ENGLAND XDDDD".

The laws of the game were codified in England.The game we play today is the way it is because of England.The other versions were completely different, just kicking a ball around is not the same.
>>
>>69156695

>Soccer
>Association
>Association is not an English word, if you want to be picky.
>>
File: marchisio.jpg (31 KB, 350x547) Image search: [Google]
marchisio.jpg
31 KB, 350x547
No offence intended to the Americans who do actually watch, play, and follow this sport, but there are a bizarre amount of Americans on this site who don't follow it but make half a dozen threads about it daily. Its a bit sad lads, use your time on this earth differently, life is short.
>>
>>69155844
>when Mexico and China have been playing it for thousands of years
WE WUZ MESSIS N SHIT
>>
>>69155932
No they didn't. India, Canada, Australia don't give a flying fuck about soccer.
>>
>>69158403
if you're on 4chan you're not allowed to give life advice to other people.
>>
>>69156336
whereas 'american culture' is 95% black based
>>
>>69158481
Its the weekend mate and there's a big footy game later. I'm here to read/talk about a sport I like, not make threads about a sport I claim not to think about. :)
>>
>>69158561
if it's the weekend then you should be hanging out with friends and chasing tail, not posting on 4chan with the rest of us degenerates. you are not qualified to give life advice.
>>
>>69158648

>partying at 5pm

Okay grandad.
>>
>>69158682
yeah that's about the time normal people start meeting up for a night out. have your friends not called you yet?
>>
>>69158748
not necessarily, I'm out at 8pm tonight but i'm not that anon
>>
>>69158804
well make sure you save some pussy for your friends, casanova.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.