[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP What kind of deal can make this shit trade
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP

What kind of deal can make this shit trade actually happen? There has to be some outside reason besides the money.
>>
>>69106389
They didn't want a smelly nigger that literally chimps out on their team anymore.

I'm 100% serious, there was a racial element to this.
>>
>>69106389
I think GM was just trying to improve team on short-term point of view because carey will get old and the "prime" of his core players is in the next few years
>>
>>69106389
Basically it boils down to management just doesn't like him, as retarded as it sounds. He doesn't act or play the way a "traditional" hockey player does, and it rubbed Bergevin and Therrien the wrong way. They're stuck in a different era and don't know how to handle a modern celebrity athlete. I don't think the trade is as bad as people are making it out to be, short term anyways. In 3 or 4 years things might be pretty different.
>>
>>69106876

Do you really think its because the management didnt like him? I think that he had some beef with the players, and because of the media and everything the path was all cleared for him to leave imo
>>
>>69107032
Forgot to mention the players. He obviously wasn't the most liked guy in the room, which I think definitely played a part. But I feel the bigger issue is that Bergevin and Therrien didn't think he could fit in "da system." If it was money, they wouldn't have gotten a contract as bad as Weber's back.
>>
>>69107032
Also, people are forgetting that he nearly went to arbitration when his bridge deal was up because Bergevin wouldn't give him the big money he wanted. If the owner didn't step in who knows what kind of contract he would have ended up with.
>>
It's weird, because people who don't even follow hockey think it's race related and unfortunately I do too

This was a dumb as fuck move, Poile knows defensemen and he knew Weber was regressing
>>
>>69107213
I think Weber's performance in their last playoff series scared him. Weber was like -3 or something? Either way he got completely exposed by San Jose.
>>
>>69107290

Agreed, but wasn't Laviolette playing him for like 30 minutes a night? (He did the same with Pronger years ago)
>>
>>69107321
Yeah he did, and that's why he got exposed. He's getting old and can't pull 30 minutes for multiple nights in a row anymore. He's still a good d man, he just doesn't seem to have the endurance.
>>
Why are modern hockey fans such massive nu-male faggots?

He was traded because the Montreal management wanted a boring player who gave canned answers to the media, not because he's a nig

Evander Kane and Subban are hated by the old boys club because they're too flashy

Iginla and Joel Ward are both black, but they're liked by management because they keep their heads down
>>
>>69106389
Jew executive decisions, bribes, backroom deals to disable MTL, what's new?
>>
bergevin
got
FLEECED
>>
>>69107584
LOL the guy's not an idiot, a compliant goy yes, but not a complete idiot. He's got something OTR that we'll never know about.
>>
>>69107473
It's like some executives don't realize that nowadays having loud polarizing celebrity star athletes helps popularize your brand.
>>
>>69107629
Sure and the sky is blue. Fans loved him though, this isn't about his personality or manner AT ALL
>>
>>69107668
What is it about then?
>>
File: shekelsintensify.jpg (11 KB, 277x182) Image search: [Google]
shekelsintensify.jpg
11 KB, 277x182
>>69107736
>>
>>69107767
>Marc BerGOYvin

At last I truly see.
>>
The trade doesnt make that much sense because why would they want want Weber in place of PK, but why is anyone surprised that Montreal might've wanted to trade away PK? The guy was a liability on the ice, regardless of how well he could acquire points.
>>
>>69107290
Josi carried weber all year. Arguably the year before last as well.
>>
File: 1394571556278.jpg (238 KB, 675x449) Image search: [Google]
1394571556278.jpg
238 KB, 675x449
>MTL gets jewed hard
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.