[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So he's the greatest Olympian ever, right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (190 KB, 955x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
190 KB, 955x1600
So he's the greatest Olympian ever, right?
>>
>>69079736
Is he still competitive in the field, or is just going to be one of those events where he's an attraction but not exactly medallist material?
>>
>>69079736
>le win the 50m memestroke, 60m memestroke, 70m memestroke, 80m memestroke, 90m memestroke, 100m memestroke, 110m memestroke, 50m memestroke II, 60m memestroke II, 70m memestroke II, 80m memestroke II, 90m memestroke II, 100m memestroke II, meme relay, meme relay II, meme relay III man
>>
>>69079827
He quallified again and barely missed his World Record from 09 so I thinj he is in qualification for medalling
>>
Is that Benedict Cumberbatch?
>>
Bolt
>>
>>69079841
this
he has so many medals because he competes in many disciplines

you just can not compare athletes from different sports
>>
>>69079848
>I roughly know the physical appearance of about 30 people and everytime I see someone who has a remote semblance of one of their appearances, I'll ask if it is them, even when I know it's not man
>>
>>69079868
Is that yes, m8?
>>
>>69079847
Nice, I'd like to see him get another gold.
>>
Why do so many Americans have huge underbites like Phelps does?

>>69079880
He looks nothing like him, reddit.
>>
>>69079736
Haha. No.

Also dat fetal alcohol syndrome.
>>
>>69079736
Probly, but no1 really cares about the olympics desu, everyone just wants to see the 100m final.
>>
File: Unbenannt.jpg (15 KB, 190x249) Image search: [Google]
Unbenannt.jpg
15 KB, 190x249
>>69079911
SAY MY NAME
>>
>>69079736

I would generally say that whoever is the current defending World or Olympic champion in the decathlon is the greatest athlete. Not sure whether that's quite what you're asking, but in the same vein.
>>
File: ij_main.jpg (36 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
ij_main.jpg
36 KB, 620x349
>>69079926
>Double the gold medals of anybody else
>No
>>
>>69079967
The only people who compete in that were too trash for a pure sport
>>
>>69079981

Name one athlete who could do better than Ashton Eaton in the decathlon if they were paid eight figures to do it, and explain to me how decathlon isn't the perfectly fair and comprehensive measure of athleticism.
>>
>>69079951
Ayyylmao
>>
>>69080011
>Ashton Eaton
Why can't Americans name their children properly?
>>
Le smoke weed and get gold medals man
>>
I would give it to Carl Lewis.

He was unbeaten in the Long Jump for a decade, still holds the world record indoor Long Jump record, and was the best sprinter of his era, winning 9 total Olympic golds.
>>
>>69080199

Quit shitposting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashton_Turner

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashton_Sims

>Ashton was ranked among the top 100 names for boys in England and Wales in 2007 and in British Columbia, Canada and New South Wales, Australia in 2005 and 2006.[3]
>>
>>69080372
It's not shitposting.

Americans are hopeless at naming their children,

ashTON eaTON is fucking retarded.
>>
>>69079841
This.

Bolt would have shitloads of medals too if he could run in shitloads of bullshit disciplines like:

>100 meters dash straight line squating start
>100 meters dash straight line standing start
>100 meters dash straight line moving start
>100 meters dash straight line backward run
>100 meters dash curve line squating start
>100 meters dash curve line standing start
>100 meters dash curve line moving start
>100 meters dash curve line backward run

>200 meters dash straight to curve line squating start
>200 meters dash straight to curve line standing start
>200 meters dash straight to curve line moving start
>200 meters dash straight to curve line backward run
>200 meters dash curve to straight line squating start
>200 meters dash curve to straight line standing start
>200 meters dash curve to straight line backward run

>100 meters dash relay forward run
>100 meters dash relay backward run

>200 meters dash relay forward run
>200 meters dash relay backward run
>>
no, he's not.

>a billion disciplines that are all basically the same allow you to win like 8 medals

weak af

all american medals are either swimming or women's medals.
>>
>>69079951

Benadryl Cumbersome
>>
>>69080687

The reason Americans are good at swimming is because it's the event with the highest medal total. East Germany did the same thing when they were doped to oblivion.

Other countries can try for that haul as well, but you'd rather focus on shit like horse dancing and rhythmic gymnastics.

We also win a shit-load of medals in athletics every Olympics.
>>
>>69079970
>finish second
>still get gold

>can't beat oposition
>get them disqualified

>drug test
>temporary retire

My hero.
>>
Le Torso Man

But no, swimming is not a sport.
>>
>>69079736

>2 DUIs
>abuser of the devils cannabis
>named his son Boomer
>Boomer

>>people consider him a role model
>>
>>69080666

Actually, anything making the start trickier would ruin Bolt. His starts are atrocious, his top speed is just that good. Though he's known for the 100m because it's a premier event, he's actually much better at the 200... his world record and relative margin of victory are much greater there because his weak start is masked by having an extra 100m at top speed to pull away from people.
>>
>>69081298

that kid should go to to oklahoma for college
>>
File: karelin.jpg (29 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
karelin.jpg
29 KB, 480x360
>>
>>69079736

NO. That is Ole Einar "THE GOAT" Bjorndalen.
>>
>>69079736
>swimming
who cares
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.