[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are basketball fans like this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7
File: typical heat fan.png (309 KB, 496x548) Image search: [Google]
typical heat fan.png
309 KB, 496x548
Why are basketball fans like this?
>>
>>69079676
Bball is different to other team sports in the sense that teams are smaller and have less players so its only natural for fans to be upset if one of their favourite players on their team leaves more so than other sports which have larger teams.

>/thread/
>>
>>69079676

>i'll cheer for a bunch of mexican 12 year olds as long as DERE DA HOME TEEM
>>
Dwyane Wade is my favorite player of all time and the reason i was a heat fan. But im a kings fan now but its so hard becauze no one is likeable except for cousins and hes leaving
>>
>>69080048
This, NBA is hardly a team sport with all its individual superstars. Most fans just support their favourite players.
>>
>>69079676
you gotta look at it in the context of the NBA.
1. The teams are small, a single stud player isn't just a good idea, it's the only way to win a ring
2. Because one player can have that sort of impact on wins and losses, people like to watch the superstars. But every team doesn't have a superstar. And as long as a team doesn't have a superstar, people will not give a shit. See: Atlanta Hawks and Toronto Raptors, excellent teams but are a bunch of role players.
3. It's looking like we're entering an era of parity, but historically like 3 teams have won 3/4 of the finals
4. Because of that, there are NBA teams out there that are beyond futile, a good 8 teams are Cleveland Browns-tier.

So you end up with people from Memphis or Salt Lake City or whatever bandwagonning hard based on players they like because their local team has never been good, will never be champs, and don't have players like D Wade
>>
>2016
>not bandwagoning the twolves
>>
>>69080088
cousins is the least likable guy in the league
>>
Many of them are fans of players instead of teams3
>>
>>69080270
Kys

Lebron is the worst
>>
>>69080334
fuck off. cousins is drayboon tier and is a major factor why the kings are hot garbage. The sooner they dump his ass the better
>>
>>69080334
>lebron is the worst
Literally one of the most likeable superstars in sports history. Only autists don't like him
>>
>>69080409
/sp/ are bandwagon faggots. Hated the fuck out of Lebron until he beat the warriors.

yall should kys
>>
>>69079676
That's just the Murrikan fans. There's no way a Barca fan would become a Real fan if Juanca Navarro were to move to Mardid, or if Diamantidis moved from Pana to Oly.

If anything, they'd start hating the player. FFS, when Fassoulas moved from PAOK to Oly, PAOK fans just bombed his yacht.

NBA is a completely star-driven league, it makes sense that a lot of people follow said stars rather than the actual teams (especially when those teams can move away to another state if the owner thinks he doesn't make enough monies).
>>
>>69080148
>Most fans just support their favourite players.
Not true at all. Most are die hard supporters of a specific team and if they lose a great, franchise players they of course get sad but continue to support the team. Only bandwagon pieces of trash follow a player. Unless, of course, that player is Luol Dang
>>
>>69080436
I think the nba is unique as well because in addition to being a star driven league, the number of players on a team and the number regularly getting PT is smaller than most other sports. So it also makes more sense the identity is tied to the big player rather than the team
>>
>>69080334
cousins is a dickhead
>>
>>69079676
Besketball teams are small, so every player counts a lot and individual elements completely change a team.
also
>implying footy plebs don't also switch their favourite club according to their favourite sriker
>>
You guys are just making excuses for what are called Bandwagon Fans.
>>
I can understand supporting a team that isn't local, but switching teams is something I will never understand, here changing from sporting to benfica (for example) you are branded as a faggot permanently
>>
File: panther fans.jpg (197 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
panther fans.jpg
197 KB, 640x1136
>>69079676
basketball is for niggers. niggers no not of team loyalty.
>>
Black people are more likely to root for players rather than teams. Plus the NBA is a more player-driven league than other sports
>>
File: 1338817179604.jpg (24 KB, 260x265) Image search: [Google]
1338817179604.jpg
24 KB, 260x265
>watching an Iverson video the other day
>the comments are populated with people who "Gave up basketball" when he retired
>mfw
>>
>>69079676
he's going to the cavs
>>
>>69080409
Yeah if you don't watch basketball. He throws elbows a lot, flops like a little bitch whenever he can, gets superstar treatment from the refs, complains to the refs consistently when he gets called on something, and can't decide where his hairline should be. I respect his skill, but he is a gigantic faggot.
>>
All sports have retarded bandwagoners

So many tards here in Michigan love the Pats because of muh Brady
>>
There's nothing wrong with going for your favorite players. You can't choose where you're born, but you can choose your favorite players.

>>69086012

>he is a gigantic faggot

He must of put D-Wade's lips to work.
>>
>>69086012
>flops
>complains to the refs

You just described 90% of the league.
>>
>>69086012
Who is MAGIC JOHNSON
>>
>>69086268
Yeah I was born in 90, all I really know about Magic is that his analytics are rudimentary and he is aids.
>>
>>69086248
He gets a lot of calls with his flopping instead of being fined, and he hardly gets called for fouls/violations but complains more than anyone in the league when he does. Draymond Green was right, he's a little bitch.
>>
File: 1444649564825.png (326 KB, 700x480) Image search: [Google]
1444649564825.png
326 KB, 700x480
>>69086824
Drayboon is an expert on being a bitch.
>>
>>69086913
Kek you just proved my point. That's a disrespectful bitch move walking over a guy like that. LeBron had to resort to this faggotry because Draymond was making him look like a little bitch when he was defending him.
>>
>>69087247
And to make it worse, LeBitch and the Cavs cried and pushed for the league to upgrade the tech to a flagrant so Green would be suspended. LeBron doesn't want to play against the best, he wants to whine and complain to get his way to make it easier for himself to win.

Fuck LeBron and Adam Silver. What a fucking joke the NBA is. I don't watch until the playoffs because those games are actually exciting, but I probably won't even watch the playoffs anymore.
>>
File: 1451569825119.jpg (582 KB, 1484x1029) Image search: [Google]
1451569825119.jpg
582 KB, 1484x1029
>>69087247
>be Draymond
>rack up a bunch of technicals and flagrants in the post season
>about to get suspended
>be LeBron
>be aware of this
>get in the dumb monkey's head and watch him chimp out getting himself suspended

Yeah total bitch behavior. How dare LeBron trick Draymond into being a thug all post season long.
>>
I can't speak for American fans, but as an "international" NBA fan, most of the time you follow players related to your country. For example, a lot of people from Argentina and Uruguay have been following the Spurs because of Manu Ginobili, and I think that's where NBA is heading right now, taking it a step further to milk it not just from the superstars, but also from the local stars for this and that niche markets.

It's the same as football. Cable companies here promote European football based on NT players. The billboards that yesterday had Suarez in Liverpool, today have him in Barcelona. In Argentina goes the same with their players.
>>
>>69087920
That's not even what I'm talking about. What Draymond did wasn't any worse than what LeBron did in that instance. LeBron cried to the league and they upgraded Draymonds foul but not LeBrons.

Nice try faggot.
>>
Basketball is predominantly supported by niggers so it's only natural for them to show as much loyalty as your average monkey
>>
>>69085083
>here changing from sporting to benfica (for example) you are branded as a faggot permanently

Has that actually ever happened?

No kidding, in Turkey, I don't think I've ever experienced anyone switch between Fenerbahce and Galatasaray.
>>
>>69086268

A homosexual that sired another one.
>>
>>69088145
You don't even have an argument right now.

Draymond should have been suspended against OKC when he got a flagrant 2 upgrade after the game (which is an ejection) but then didn't get suspended.

Draymond was under a microscope from then on. Even if LeBron got upgraded to a flagrant, it wouldn't have mattered. He'd have his first flagrant and Draymond would still be suspended.
>>
>>69088462
He didn't get suspended against okc, which I'm not arguing, should have happened. He did something that imo isn't even almost a borderline flagrant foul, LeBron and the Cavs literally whine and complain to the league, so now it is somehow a flagrant for Draymond. Unbelievable inconsistency from the league regarding flagrant fouls, and it seems that the only reason it happened like that was because of LeBron crying and throwing a tantrum. And then add to all that horseshit by not even upgrading LeBrons foul.

Are you retarded or just a cavs fan? Lol what am I saying, they are one in the same.
>>
Basketball teams are typically 1 star player surrounded by a bunch of literally who's
>>
>>69088976
makeup call :^)

stay mad gay area
>>
amerifats don't know the meaning of passion for a team
that's why they have no relevance in collective sports
>>
>>69089378
>7-1
>>
File: 1458595291631.png (34 KB, 182x220) Image search: [Google]
1458595291631.png
34 KB, 182x220
>>69089378
How can anyone even compete with Brazil?

>camera shots of men, women, and children literally crying when their povertydive team is getting BTFO
>death threats to their national team after the game
>>
I live in KC. So I just bandwagon the teams near us. OKC and Bulls are the common choices. I'm still planning on supporting OKC if KD leaves though. But KD is still my favorite player.
>>
>>69079676
>Heat
>fans

We all know they were full of bandwagon fags.
>>
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 392x411) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 392x411
>>69080334
>hating the GOAT
>>
>>69085083
Probably because your country only has a 3 team league and the only good players on NT are a closeted homosexual and an illiterate chicago rapper
>>
>>69079676
niggers have no sense of loyalty
>>69080048
>this poor excuse for bandwagonning
>>
>>69089329
Kek the east is a fucking joke and LeBron has to throw temper tantrums for his team to win against a team that actually deserves to be in the playoffs. Have fun living in shithole Cleveland, where LeBron is literally the only thing you have to cheer about.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.