[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Last night was the final straw. It's time to stop fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 17
File: sam-allardyce.jpg (53 KB, 1070x713) Image search: [Google]
sam-allardyce.jpg
53 KB, 1070x713
Last night was the final straw.

It's time to stop fucking around and admit that we're a complete shambles. We're not building a side to win a tournament, that's over, it's been over for years, we need a rescue job now. A manager who can take a failing side and instil some basic fucking competence so at the very least there's a coherent plan and shape to the team.
>>
>>69036071
I know in engeland there aren't many dentists, so as a good friend I guess we can borrow you one of ours.
>>
Big Sam would be a good call. The football might not be easy on the eye but he'd get the team working as a more cohesive unit, that's for sure.

Too big a personality for England's FA though who want a puppet in charge. Southgate will get the job.
>>
>>69036238
>Big Sam would be a good call.
No it wouldn't, he's fucking awful/
>>
Just get a JF in.

If Southgate is appointed I won't watch an England game again until the 2018 WC. He's a moron.
>>
Please explain how Big Sam will teach these grown men how to adopt master class skills such as the 5 yard pass and ball control from a moving ball inches away from your feet?
>>
>>69036201
That's a big part of what appeals about Sam, he would tell the FA to fuck right off if they tried to interfere.

Which is why he'll never get the job like you say.

>>69036254
Why wouldn't he be a good fit for the England job?

If it's down to the style of football don't bother replying.
>>
>>69036288
He's a shit manager who manages shit teams and ends up in relegations scraps.

If this is your idea of progress then you're a clown.

It's utterly depressing the state of English management at the moment and we should consider a single one of them.
>>
>>69036364
So who's your choice?
>>
>England have won 6 knockout matches since 1966
>Germany have won 6 tournaments
>>
>>69036373
A JF.
>>
>>69036408
Which one though?

A JF would be fine with me, but would anyone with a serious pedigree be mad enough to take the job?
>>
File: villas-boas.jpg (40 KB, 620x388) Image search: [Google]
villas-boas.jpg
40 KB, 620x388
>>
>>69036448
No. I like AVB and the job would destroy him.
>>
>>69036432
Rafa.
>>
>>69036469
I don't even dare to hope for a manager as good as Rafa at this stage.

Fuck me, why didn't we sack Hodgeson when he was out of a job?
>>
>>69036432
PSG's former coach :^)
>>
>>69036071
Lol, we say the same thing every 2 years. Just enjoy the ride.
>>
>>69036364
international management is totally different to club management though. in international you get seriously limited time with the players, you have to get them playing a system they all understand with players they aren't familiar with, all with minimal time together. i agree in club management big sam runs out of ideas eventually, and better managers with more comprehensive strategies beat him, but i really think his simple, effective approach to football would get us pretty far in the few matches that make up a tournament.
>>
50 YEARS OF HURT

Why can't they win anything?
>>
File: David-Beckham-Short-Hair.jpg (35 KB, 500x662) Image search: [Google]
David-Beckham-Short-Hair.jpg
35 KB, 500x662
England's next manager?
It's your only option, he can do it.
Also you have to switch back to playing 4-4-2
>>
>>69036558
Yes, give a broken team to a guy who has absolutely no experience as a manager, what could possibly go wrong.
>>
>>69036595
it's just the kind of outside the box thinking we need
>>
How about we let a woman manage? It's 2016 guys.
>>
>>69036618
Well Southgate is bookies favourite m8
>>
Well it's been a fun 20 years but i think I'm finally ready to quit supporting England. EPL only from now on.
>>
>>69036618
This desu i think its only right we let a Pan-European Gender-Neutral Trans-Person a chance of Managing England. I mean Equal Opportunites and all that
>>
File: eddie.jpg (50 KB, 634x431) Image search: [Google]
eddie.jpg
50 KB, 634x431
EDDIE IN WHEN

FAST FEARLESS ATTACKING FOOTBALL IN WHEN
>>
>>69036650
#Nasri2016
>>
>>69036558
>Also you have to switch back to playing 4-4-2

Sure, why not. I mean last night we were soundly beaten by a team using our own tactics from 30 years ago. Maybe we were hasty in ditching winning ways.
>>
>>69036650
>tfw they do that and end up winning a trophy
>>
The way things are going the US will win a WC before England.

That's how completely fucked this team and the FA are. There is no saving it.
>>
>>69036650
>>69036653
Eddie Howe does sort of look like a middle aged lesbian desu.
>>
Painful to see the pundits talk about how we've gone for a foreign manager before and it's failed so we shouldn't try again.

We had sven, who did reasonably well even though he wasn't a world class manager, and Capello who'd never managed internationally before and could hardly speak English
>>
>>69036671
Perfect
>>
>>69036071
RAFA BENITEZ WILL NEVER BE OUR MANAGER

JUST
>>
>>69036716
Harry was just talking about how big a disaster Sven was and he basically called him a no name while bigging up sherwood for the job

The problem with English football in a microcosm
>>
>>69036558
No he's a literal fucking retard.
>>
>>69036716
I don't care where the manager comes from or what he's done before.

All I want is someone who can make the players have confidence in whatever style of football or game plan he has them using.

We can play Greece 2004 bus parking, I don't give a toss as long as the players look like they know what they're supposed to be doing and believe that doing it well will bring results.
>>
The players are the problem, pick some that can actually work as a team, don't just throw a bunch of the PL's big names together and hope that they gel.
>>
>>69036071
What you need is literally Scolari.

Yeah, he has the tactical acumen of a doorstop but when it comes to making a cohesive group, when it comes to defending his players, when it comes to turning a bunch of pampered ninnies who like to dress up in national colours and prance about like a bunch of twats into football-playing men, when it comes to chewing out the journalists and pumping up the country there's no one better.

Just get him English lessons. Ain't no use trying to tell off a punter when you don't know to call him a cunt.
>>
>>69036716
Sven's time looks like a golden age compared to now, at least people had a reason to get hyped.
>>
How will England top this in 2 years time? It's going to have to be pretty spectacular, like failing qualification after losing to the Faroe islands or a 7-1 to Sweden.
>>
>>69036071

All English managers are shite. Pick a foreign manager.

I wasn't aware that there was a list of dogshit English managers we had to get through first.
>>
>>69036288
>That's a big part of what appeals about Sam, he would tell the FA to fuck right off if they tried to interfere.

yeah sure, that is the appeal. someone who just yells at people you don't like and tells them to fuck off

but is he a decent manager? oh right, he isn't. so fuck him.
>>
Fuck Allardyce, we need PULIS

Imagine going into a tournament as a team that the others actually feared

We need to embrace anti-football and murderball. Clearly trying to be good guys doesn't work, so it's time to embrace the dark side
>>
#BRINGBACKFERGUSON
>>
>>69036827
>The players are the problem

Think that line of reasoning through for a moment though.

It's basically saying that the players have to be responsible for forming themselves into a proper football team and working out a way to play together effectively.

It's just not their job to do that shit. If the wrong players are selected and they're given retarded instructions what do we expect from them? Are they supposed to rebel and refuse to play, or from into a committee and decide upon their own game plan?

I'm not absolving the players and saying they're a great bunch of lads who din do nuffin wrong, but come on, this is a problem created by the FA and the managers they hire.
>>
What about Hiddink?
>>
PULIS
U
L
I
S
>>
>>69036827
It's a manager's job to keep the players' egos in check and make them see the big picture. Every big team, be it national or clubs, has to deal with that issue.
>>
Why has everyone forgotten about 'Arry
>>
>>69036833
To think that a literally who country of 10 million could ever come close to even having the base quality and the reputation required to be considered the villains of a Euro nowadays, is insane. And this despite the best efforts of Santos and that imbecile Paulo Bento in wasting it.

It's thanks to him. And he may have not been able to give them a trophy but he gave them an identity and a set of balls.
>>
>>69036716
>Painful to see the pundits talk about how we've gone for a foreign manager before and it's failed so we shouldn't try again.

i agree m8.

none of the english managers we tried before did very well either, with the one exception.

its just parochial autism - MUHHH INGERLAND NEEDS INGERLISH MANAGER.
>>
>>69036827
Exactly
The problem isn't so much the manager as it is the team and the league overall. They've got too many arrogant fucks that think they're """WORLD CLASS""" because they make £100k a week to sit on the fucking bench.

The fact that Wilshere made the squad over Drinkwater/Noble proves that English football is a joke
>>
PIOJO HERRERA
>>
The English lack the brains, heart and spine for sports, you'll need a Johnny F. to save you.
>>
File: 1.jpg (44 KB, 503x503) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
44 KB, 503x503
>>69036650
>Hi
>I'm here for the job interview
>>
>>69036964
>Why has everyone forgotten about 'Arry

because the FA doesn't want another tax scandal and they don't want to be bankrupted?

he's a thieving cockeny cunt.
>>
>>69036973
I agree with them. We all acknowledge that the manager is just as important if not more so than the players, so drafting in a JF is almost like cheating. The same rules should apply to NT staff as to the players. I don't know why it doesn't.
>>
>>69036973
desu there should be a rule that the manager should be from the country too senpai
>>
>>69036978
Complete bollocks.

The players don't select themselves.

And if they really are as arrogant as people seem to think then why do they follow Hodgson's retarded instructions?
>>
>Messi, Aguero, Higuain, lavezzi, Mascherano, Biglia and Di Maria all retiring from Argentina

Can we trade the falklands for these? They're all better than every one of our players
>>
File: Woy Hodgson.webm (1 MB, 720x406) Image search: [Google]
Woy Hodgson.webm
1 MB, 720x406
>>69036071
>We're not building a side to win a tournament, that's over, it's been over for years
England have been building a team since 2004. And we'll have at least 4 more years of it when Southgate becomes manager.

As a Welshman, I can't wait to see another generation of mediocre England tournament performances.
>>
File: When England Crash Out LOL.webm (615 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
When England Crash Out LOL.webm
615 KB, 480x480
>Unbeaten in qualifying they said.
>Best team since '66 they said.
>Rooney's still world class they said.
>Roy's warriors.
>>
Just get over yourselves and hire a fucking Argie already.
>>
>a fucking dentist

Should we just hire an oesteopath to do the job?
>>
>>69037561
Bielsa is going to Lazio mate.
>>
>>69036432
Just give it to some random Italian like every PL team is doing
>>
File: englel.webm (2 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
englel.webm
2 MB, 960x540
Whose fault is this?
>>
>>69037795
That's what happens when you start Kyle Walker ahead of Clyne.
>>
>>69037795
whover number 2 is, also partly Rooney because he deosnt even jump that was a big guy so it's not that bad. The manmarking by that guy was terrible tho
>>
>>69037183
>tfw you get caught lookin at a girls boobs
>>
>>69037795
>eplel defense
>>
>>69037795
>you now remember Rory Delap
>>
>>69037795
1. Rooney contested the ball but got beaten to it and pushed off it like a small child, a weak attempt by rooney.

2. Bertrand was asleep, he did not watch his man and let him slip away.

3. Tactics - Iceland have done this tactic in all of there matches and it worked already, why did they not practice defence against this?
>>
>>69036947
THIS
>>
fat sam is more stubborn than hodgson.

when carroll and nolan got injured, west ham played the best football of his whole time there with two pacey strikers and got them into the top four.

as soon as his favourites came back to fitness, we went back to playing dire fucking shite, hoofing it up to carroll to knockdowns for a geriatric kevin nolan and had relegation form until the end of the season, finishing in the bottom half.
>>
File: felix-magath.jpg (32 KB, 514x297) Image search: [Google]
felix-magath.jpg
32 KB, 514x297
i know some of you guys dont like him, but magath is who your national team needs right now. he is the best at rescueing teams when they're complete, utter shit. you may hate him for his unconventional methods but he's just the toughest coach there is.
>>
>>69036956
are our players as good as spain germany argentina etc

hell no

is our manager?

hell no

i dont know why anyone expected anything but humilation when we have 0 world class players and a clown as manager
>>
>>69037795
walker is shit. hes just a shit winger.

>>69037942
goat
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7zjhYKkOW0

What changed?
>>
File: 14241681850283.jpg (53 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
14241681850283.jpg
53 KB, 640x480
Get Sabella

he speaks English and plays a mean 4-4-2
>>
>>69038030
Fulham fan here

Need i say more?

Well im going to

He tried to get out players to ignore the physios and recomended they rub cheese on their injuries every evening
>>
File: index.jpg (4 KB, 124x186) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
4 KB, 124x186
this is the other coach i strongly recommend. matthäus was a tactical genius as a player and has been a godlike coach wherever he took the job. its kinda unfair he doesnt get a job in germany because he had some trouble with the media like 15 years ago.most underrated coach in the wolrd
>>
>>69038126
loddar pls go
>>
>>69038106
yeah if england had done that maybe they would have won against iceland
also
>fulham fan
lol
>>
File: Sven and Capello.jpg (17 KB, 280x390) Image search: [Google]
Sven and Capello.jpg
17 KB, 280x390
>Got England to Quarter Finals.
>Better football than Hodge
>Better results than Hodge
>Mocked and ridiculed by fans.
>Mocked and ridiculed by media.

Those were the glory days, eh Inglunders. You don't deserve any success. Enjoy the next 50 years out in the wilderness.
>>
File: clough.jpg (5 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
clough.jpg
5 KB, 259x194
Clough when?
>>
>>69038126
He's doing punditry for ITV this tournament. His English isn't really up to scratch
>>
They should take Laudrup
>>
>>69038106
thats a psychological thing. basically a lot of pro high level players these days a massive pussies.if you believe in your coach, you believe that the cheese will heal your injuries (magath knows it actually doesnt) and you not feel pain or the injury anymore whilst playing. makes you tougher, a mental exercise. there are a lot of mma fighters that do similar things. but i guess english players arent loyal enough to their coaches or are just too stupid to actually get the idea behind the cheese. they probably ate it with beans on the side
>>
File: Gareth Southgate.jpg (76 KB, 338x450) Image search: [Google]
Gareth Southgate.jpg
76 KB, 338x450
THE FUTURE IS NOW! THE FUTURE IS SOUTHGATE.

B E L I E V E
E
L
I
E
V
E
>>
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 275x183
and this is the guy you want as a national team manager, like the same position oliver bierhoff (sportdirektor) has on the german national team. calmund knows the business like noone else, he knows how the infrastructure has to be, how the team has to talk to the media, basically everything that the coach doesnt need to handle. he is also very knowledgle concerning a healthy diet for the players (no joke jere, he's just fat because he loves food, not because he eats unhealthy). and to top it off, he will uplift the spirit of your whole english team because of his awesome personality. thats what you need the most right now.
>>
What kills me about this is that everyone saw it coming. We were joking on here before the tournament that we'd scrape through the group stages and get put out by the first decent team we face. I had a Germany or Italy in mind but it turns out that team was Iceland.

The warning signs were there all along
>abject failure to accept before the tournament that a team built around Rooney wouldn't work so we went in to the first competitive game with a brand new, untested formation
>the selection of Wilshere ahead of Drinkwater
>...probably partly because Woy doesn't like Vardy and didn't want him to have to have a mate in the dressing room saying "er, what more could Vardy have done to get selected and one more could the self-proclaimed Hated One have done to get himself dropped?"

Woy is obviously in thrall to the big name players, the big money transfers, the big name clubs an the Heat magazine lifestyle.

>Wilshere plays for Arsenal and I like him so he's in
>Hart had some absolute shockers but keep picking him anyway 'cause he plays for City
>Vardy on the bench - not proven quality
>keep playing Sterling - he may be shit and in the middle of a nervous breakdown but City paid 49M for him and that's good enough for me
>after FINALLY realising that Sturridge and Vardy had earned a start, he sabotaged his own team by making 4 other changes, including 2 totally non-match fit players instead of just re-using the ONLY decent performance of the tournament, the second half against Wales
>didn't beat Slovakia okay then Kane and Sterling you're back in!
>bring on Wilshere AGAIN despite his shocker when he got a start
>wait till the 85th minute to bring on Rashford - one of our few bright lights - against Iceland.

And NOW the press are all joining in saying he's shite after indulging the fucking obvious fiction that we've been playing well in the tournament. I know you're supposed to support the manager, but Hodgson needed pressure and our press failed to provide it
>>
>>69036987

FUCKING THIS
>>
you can have klinsi if you want him
>>
File: 16273812.jpg (437 KB, 1193x629) Image search: [Google]
16273812.jpg
437 KB, 1193x629
>>69037795
>defending M2M
>remaining men have no idea where to stand
This is why you defend Zone in free kicks/corners/throw ins.
Or at the very least tell your open players to spread out ffs.

TL;DR- shit coach/dumb players
>>
>>69038988
kek
>>
>>69039037
You wanna kek harder? Sweeper was a position invented some 40+ years ago because M2M marking is broken by default. At some point, the attacker is going to break free from the defender, which is when the sweeper would intervene.

Positioning a player behind the back line, however, is open to exploitation because it creates a massive open area on the wings where players are still on-side while at the same time being behind their defender.

Which is why classical sweepers have been extinct for over 30 years. Nowadays, because everyone figured out M2M is retarded, the first line of ball pressure on the forwards is the midfield, which is why Defensive Midfielders have not only replaced the Sweeper, but effectively made Sweepers out of Central Defenders, at least 1 of them at a time. The idea being that that one open CD is a last resort should the DM or the other CD fuck up; when that happens you have a 1-on-1 situation which is a MASSIVE no no. Everybody knows this from the age of 12. If you're a defender and you're alone against a forward with possession, your team has already fucked up and the result is inevitably a chance on goal.

Now look at that picture again.
EVERYONE IN THE CENTRE OF THE BOX IS 1-on-1. Nobody to help cover, nobody for dual pressure, literally NOBODY else there. Predictably, one defender gets beat 1-on-1 and the result is obvious. Why the coach would elect to defend in this manner that hasn't been kosher for 50+ years? No idea. Why the loose players would allow this to happen? No idea.

TL;DR (again)- English football is quite literally stuck in the 60s.

It'd be funny to see what the coach's reaction was as he saw this going on. My assumption is he was sat on the bench with that "i have no idea what im doing doge.jpg" look he usually has. Absolutely ridiculous.
Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.