[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are England shit? - Serious Discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 7
File: download.png (5 KB, 208x243) Image search: [Google]
download.png
5 KB, 208x243
So rightfully, England are getting fully memed on tonight, and will do for years to come. Please keep your meme arrow spam up in the other threads.

What I would like to use this thread for is to have a serious discussion about why England flop so horrendously at tournaments. What is it that makes us so utterly shit? All comments welcome, let's try to bottom out why we are so fucking bad.

For a start it seems our players are horrendously limited technically. I don't think having kids play on full sized pitches helps, it just promotes a kick and run mentality which never seems to be coached out.

Also, Hodgson was a fucking joke of an appointment, and has proved as bad a choice as everyone predicted
>>
>>69018325
because they're fucking cucks
they give up at the slightest sight of resistance
literally no fucking game
hodgson is utter shite
wrong team picked all the time
utter shit
>>
too much money
too little talent
too much expectations

you cant name a creative player in england like pogba or ozil or iniesta, ofcourse you choke
>>
>>69018325
Even our shitty meme team can beat Englel
>>
>>69018650
Hungaruian friend said it best.
Also, your league focuses on foreign players, so your own players get thrown in shit teams with little physical contitioning and tactics.
>>
File: 1116482466-cowardly-lion.jpg (123 KB, 550x586) Image search: [Google]
1116482466-cowardly-lion.jpg
123 KB, 550x586
I could say because of the hype, because they are overrated PL players, because of a shitty manager or shit tactics. But this time it was about having the will and the heart to fight back. They had no heart, didn't fight for their team and country.
>>
Too many players playing in the same league = previsible play.
>>
>>69018783
I'm not sure if the foreigners argument holds up much weight. We've been largely disappointing at tournaments since post 66, and there has only been a real influx in the last 20 years or so.
>>
>>69018325
They aren't shit they performed exactly as expected. afaik they have never won a knockout match in the Euros.
>>
>>69018325
NIGGERS
I
G
G
E
R
S

bc overhyped '"players'" who '"play'" for themself are promoted into NT for no reason at all
,OP
>>
File: image.png (200 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
200 KB, 750x1334
>>69018325
It's honestly like clockwork. Give it a year and everyone in England will unironically think they are winning it in 2018
>>
>>69018937
You also won 66 with sheer luck against Portugal in the semi-finals.
>>
they had no heart

walker more like wanker lmao
>>
File: 1277853439390.jpg (81 KB, 600x524) Image search: [Google]
1277853439390.jpg
81 KB, 600x524
>>69018325
>why England flop so horrendously at tournaments

english youth and formation sucks big fucking time compared to countries like Germany France or Italy
EPL is a box to box championship with little to no focus at all for defensive tactics
immense pressure at each tournament by the most toxic press in the world
poor poor poor technical, play making and defensive culture
no NT football identity since the kick and rush days, no vision, no coach
>>
>>69018325
spineless bunch of overpampered cunts, not helped by having a dinosaur for a manager
>>
>>69019794
I know englanders don't wanna hear that, but I still rate Hodgson. He build a solid foundation and is one of the better managers the english team had in the past 15 years.
>>
manager
anyone could see Sterling and Kane weren't working based on the group stage games but they still played
he had 2 years to settle on a team and yet he was still tinkering inside the tournament
>>
>>69018325
English players spend their career in a bubble, isolated form the harsh realities that players of other nations have to face. Their value and wages are artificially inflated, they are trained with a focus on physicality over technical and strategic abilities, and they'll never experience a different footballing culture since they never ever move abroad.

It's a bit like the problem that Russia is facing right now, albeit with a far lower severity.
>>
>>69020326

He literally didn't know who his best players were, nor did he know his best system. He also stuck with players that were shit. Sterling has been fucking awful yet gets brought back in for the game tonight. Wilshere has played about 20 minutes this season yet gets bought on at half time to change the game. Kane has been fucking terrible, not only is he back in the team, he's also back taking his awful set pieces as well. Rooney has been overindulged by playing him in central midfield, a position he is clearly not competent enough to do, seeing as fucking Iceland were dominating him tonight..
>>
File: 1467061240804.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1467061240804.webm
3 MB, 960x540
I think as a country, England will never have the players football. Theyre already the second best team in rugby (possibly the best?) and have a strong cricket team (dont quote me it just seems like they are).

Looking at any other good National team, theyre a one sport country. Unless England drop everything and dedicate all efforts and funds to football, theyll never make it
>>
England haven't had a team as good as the 96-98 one.
Youth academies need to focus on the technical aspects more, England have relied on speed and strength for too long and it's won nothing for the national team.
>>
too many niggers 2bh
>>
>>69020763
>second best team in rugby
not even close m8
nz, straya, south africa, argies and maybe even france all better
>>
>>69021985
flag post etc.
>>
>>69021985
Get this hothead outta here.
>>
>>69020326
>I still rate Hodgson.
Then you're an idiot. You can't go into a tournament not knowing who your best team is/positions, etc.
He's clinically retarded.
>>
We need a manager who trusts in the youth. Not the ones who are established but the players who want to break through. I hated Van Gaal's tactics at times but I loved the way he did just that
>>
>>69018963
>Phase 2: During the Tournament - England faces a former wartime enemy
>>
>>69018325
Your overrated footballers all play in the same overrated league
>>
Well, minus the 7-0 Mexico and England are very alike. The local media over-hypes both teams and they rarely deliver.
>>
>>69018325
in one word: overrated
you're performing at the level the rest of the world expects
>>
>>69018325
>Why are England shit?
Shit land. Shit history. Shit politics. Shit people.

Yea, England is chock full of shit. I feel sorry for Northern Ireland, Wales, Scotland, and even Ireland for being too close. France at least has the English Channel separating them from England, although the Chunnel looks more and more like a mistake.
>>
Reminder
>England have only won 6 knockout games since 1966
>>
I don't know if England are that shit
I mean, in this entire tournament, Iceland hasn't face any team as good as England is at diving the grass.
>>
>>69018325
Woy was finally found out, he must have dementia because Iceland basically followed woys tactics for the past 30years since he turned up in the snow.

The players are currently shit, tactically inept and surrounded by johnny foriegner in the most expensive league in the world with some of the best players in the world which means the moment an England player does well there price skyrockets and they get lots of praise.

The manager/players again, always picking the same players and not even based on form in the past season, so the likes of shrek turn up who do terrible in tournys, wilshire and jag who have not played barely at all, sterling because the pacyblackman meme has always failed us etc.

Players paid too much.

Grassroots is generally shit and for lower leagues easier to ship in a foreigner.

Hype and a god given right to win everything since we invented the sport, it needs to stop, papers and media need to stop the hype and we need to ignore the fucking lot of them since the slightest pressure and they shit themselves.
>>
>letting kane take corners
>letting kane take free kicks
>starting rppney
>using rppney at all
>not starting vardy
>bringing darkies who don't want to fight for the country (other teams are suffering from this problem too)
>diving
>failing at coming up with a proper formation before going into the tournament
>too much pressure from the media
>>
I'm done lads, I'm going to laugh at england like everyone else.

There is no recovery from this woy or no woy.

It's over, rock bottom finished.

End the team now, at all levels, becasue there is no point anymore.

Finished.
>>
>>69018325
Needs a rebuild from grassroots and youth coaching upwards.

Stop going on players' size/athleticism and go on pure ability. Power and pace is nothing unless you have the next level skill.
>>
desu I honestly believe that England might have won the 86 world Cup if it wasn't for that handball. they got unlucky in 1990 as well. I think since then England hasn't been able to fully recover.
>>
>>69022501
Is this actually true

There's no way

Because Jesus fucking christ
>>
>>69022905
heard stuff like this after every tournament in the last 14 years and before the 2018 WC the tabloids start hyping the team to hell and back again
>>
>>69023054
I don't care anymore lad. I'm done with them.

>ICELAND
>>
>>69023054
>Tabloids
I understand why this is difficult to understand as a foreigner, but tabloids mean literally fuck-all.
No one here listens to them.
>>
>>69018325
Imagine than England is as good as the best english team in the premier but without foreigners...there you have, that is the reason you are not as good as you think.
>>
>>69023111
>No one here listens to them.
but there are still millions who buy them every day so their articles must hit a nerve.
>>
>>69018325
Jesus is punishing you for the Revolutionary War.
>>
>>69018963
>Soccernomics
nice, I have that book. very entertaining and a lot of truth in it, but also a lot of stuff that has hence become outdated.
>>
>>69023371
It's not like only natives buy that shit, every Polish van-driver I've ever been around buys the Sun for page three tits every single day.
>>
>>69022174
>You can't go into a tournament not knowing who your best team is/positions, etc.
We do that every single tournament and still manage to do okay.

I think even if your manager is a complete fuckwit you can get away with playing the wrong people in positions occasionaly as long as those people have heart to make up for the skill.

Thing is: no one on Englel has any heart at all.
>>
>>69023371
>there are still millions who buy them every day
Every single one has had their circulations plummet
>>
>>69020753
this
what a horrible XI and formation
>>
>>69020326
he fucked up both at the last WC and this Euro though, with playing choices no one could understand and horrible tactics.
Also only mildly related but I can't wait to see Manchester City under Guardiola with a keeper like Hart and defenders like Kompany and whoever the fuck is going to play besides him.
>>
>>69023563
that's a world-wide problem though because people surf online for news, including the online presences of said tabloids and for some reason I've never really seen any statistics of that.
>>
>>69018325
Terrible youth programs compared to other major Euro nations.
Top pro league relies on lots of imports and local players don't want to play outside of England (which to be fair, they mostly fail when they try).
English players in the PL are overworshipped and treated like stars by managers, which makes them overconfident in their ability and generally poor team players.
Bad coaching at all levels.
Too many expectations in regards to the previously mentionned problems.
Not that good at the sport to begin with.

Or in short: shitty federation.
>>
>>69024026
>Bad coaching at all levels.
This is the key, IMO.
>>
>>69023548
Everybody knew Clint Dempsey is the best player for the past few tournies and it's looking like he'll be for 2018 too
>>
>>69024076
And it's partly the federation's job to resolve that issue by giving youth coaches better teaching of modern football.

It all starts with youth coaching.
>>
>>69018325
>Kane is horrendous
>Walker and rose defending
>sterling
>alli (world classTM) on; wilshere on the bench
>Cahill and smalling
PURGE
U
R
G
E
>>
>>69020753
Wilshere should have started infront of Alli.
>>
>>69022884
>>bringing darkies who don't want to fight for the country (other teams are suffering from this problem too)
>Muh belgium are the best team on erf!!!!
Their white players are spineless cucks and the blacks are unskillful work horses who couldn't give less of a fuck
>>
>>69022256
>We need a manager who trusts in the youth.

your youth is overrated prime shit thanks to your FA

You English always blame your coach. Always. I never hear anyone of you blaming your FA.
Maybe it's time to face the truth.
France had one of the worst coach in history in 2006 WC, Raymond Domenech. Still went to the final because our players were talented enough thanks to the quality of French academies. Despite being coached by one of the worst in modern history.
Your academies are shit, they focus on athletics rather than creativity tactic and skills. There are no creative English player right now. The last one was Scholes years ago.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1067
How do you even lose to a country that doesn't have any grass to play soccer on?
>>
>>69024620
Although the FA has a lot of problems, Woy was to blame.

He left the best player in England (Drinkwater) at home and chose to player shit like Lalanna and Sterling and continues to play Rooney has been past it for 4 years easy.

He also kept his 2 best players (Rashford and Vardy) on the bench until it was too late.
>>
>>69024823
Rashford and Vardy are average international level at best. Coaches will do mistakes. What they can not do is create a good youth. Your FA is much more responsible for the English NT failures than all of your coaches combined imo.
>>
>>69024620
>>69025059
This man speaks the truth.
>>
>>69018325

> Overrated Players. Sterling is shit and yet was paid 70m, and is considered a champions. Also many other players like Dier, Henderson, Wilshere can be average at best.

> No Christmas Break, your players in June are just too weak and tired

> A LOT of pressure by Media and Fans on the NT, more than Italy, and we are like the kings of pressure
>>
garbage players
>>
>Shit managers who can only employ tactics befitting a physical type of playstyle suited to the EPL

>Gary Neville goes to Valencia to get his poop jammed in
>Somehow a contender to the vacant spot
>Italian coach won the EPL with a bunch of factory workers
>Top teams in the EPL recruiting foreign managers because they've seen through the bullshit

Last time England did somewhat okay was with a Swede for a coach
>>
big club wankerdom. blame the FA. blame the sponsors.

the players should've been picked from clubs up and down the league. most in form players in their positions playing their correct roles.

noble. deeney. shawcross. townsend. dann. proper players, not pampered ninnies who can't perform unless they're in a £300m squad.
>>
>>69018963
>Phase 2: During the Tournament - England faces a former wartime enemy
Literally everybody.
>>
>>69021985
Just whitewashed the fuck out of the Wallabies.

France have not been good at rugby in years. They're thee definition of a meme team when they put out their one good performance a year.

Boks are falling apart due to their mandatory quotas, aka. affirmative action, taking rugby away from their traditional strength, big Boers.
>>
>>69024620
Your youth are much the same France. It varies from club to club with us. Theres only a handful that produce good players. Tottenhams get carried by other players and exposed
>>
>>69020472
>English players spend their career in a bubble, isolated form the harsh realities that players of other nations have to face
I don't think that's it at all. The Italians who won the WC 2006 all played in Italy. Most of the Spanish who dominated from 2008-2012 played in Spain
>>
>>69024698
Well, those Vikings play on tougher surfaces, like volcanic ash. They're not pussies like th English.
>>
>>69025681

Yes, but Italian players were considered top-players in their team. English players are not the top players in their teams, are good players and enough. This is important, you miss a lead.

Your previous generation, the one with Ferdinand, Gerrard, Lampard, Scholes exc was good, and they were all god players, and you guys were truly unlucky, especially in '02, '04, and '06.

But now your team is overrated
>>
>>69025761
But this makes no sense regarding the comment I addressed.

The idea England is failing because English players refuse to move overseas in utter nonsense.
>>
>>69025655
>Your youth are much the same France.
What gave you that idea?
France won the U20 WC in 2013 and finished 4th in 2011, you guys haven't made a U20 semifinal since 1993, and you've never made a U17 semifinal. You do better at youth Euros but France is more consistently good at youth level. Besides France is a fairly irregular team at the highest level, they're no Italy or Germany.
>>
>>69025900
Well they could choose to play a larger role on a lesser team in a foreign country.
>>
>>69025980
Doesn't make any difference.

We had English players playing abroad in the 80s and 90s and still flopped.
>>
There is hope England:
https://www.change.org/p/govuk-if-england-lose-to-iceland-replay-the-match-until-we-get-the-result-we-desire
>>
>>69018325

ENGLAND ARE SHIT BECAUSE THEY ONLY PLAY IN ENGLAND!

Think about it they have fooled themselves into thinking the premier is the best league in the world, they suck at European competitions, no one calling for English players in other countries.

There is a young star called Lewis Baker who is currently playing in a Dutch league and he is doing things!
>>
>>69026092
You still did better. You wish you made a Euro semifinal now.
>>
>>69018325

Because people think that foreigner premier league players will gonna play for the UK national team (yeah, i've heard people saying that)

Also the whole "We invented football so we gonna show them!"

Born in the late 60/early 70's lower class, cider drinking/daily mail reading/school skipping/FC tatooed pricks are the cancer. The equivalent of US boomers (but without the success in their prime time.)
>>
>>69026513
We failed to qualify for WC 94 and for the Euro 84.
>>
>>69018325
Also just listen to this "coaching". Fucking disgusting, no constructive criticism just pure praise, how could they possibly improve when they cohoes are saying they areal ways doing a good job?

https://youtu.be/Rq6Yk5k1QVo

This is also present in the youth coaching, I happened to be fortunate enough to attend FA coaching staff training sessions at the (formally known David Beckham football academy) and what we were being tough was exactly the same. Disgusting!
>>
>>6902669

The coaches*
Are always*

I need to stop drinking...
>>
>>69025655
>Your youth are much the same France.

Typical English delusion of grandeur. The Olympique Lyonnais youth academy alone has produced more world class players than your entire nation just in the last decade. Ben Arfa, Benzema, Lacazette, Martial, Fekir, Umtiti, Remy, Govou, Malbranque, Giuly and many more. Only Barcelona does better than Lyon in the continent when it comes to youth.

English clubs are definitely not at this level. If your best youth is Rashford it should tell you how low the level is in England's academy right now.
>>
>>69024698
they built 7 big indoor soccer fields and over 150 underground heated soccer stadiums
>>
>>69021783
>too many niggers 2bh
this
>>
>>69022391
>>Why are England shit?
>Shit land. Shit history. Shit politics. Shit people.
Us Brits wish you many Mexicans.
>>
>>69023563
>Every single one has had their circulations plummet
The Sun's circulation dived when the tits went from page 3.
>>
Next EURO Iceland should put in all the guys from that documentary "Strongmen from Iceland" just to fucking intimidate the hell out of other teams.
>>
>>69025498
It's literally the same thing in all their other sports aswell. England were utterly dogshit at Cricket and Rugby when they had English coaches. After they got humiliated in both sports they hired foreign coaches and surprise surprise they are alot better now
>>
>>69020763
Netherlands are normally good at both hockey and football
>>
>>69018933
Italy are doing just fine
>>
>>69030874
Capello and that Swedish cuck was shit too though
>>
>>69021783
Rashford played for 5 minutes and was the best player the whole match. Meanwhile, Kane was fucking useless shit for 90 minutes and Hart literally let in a shit shot like an amateur would
>>
>>69027377
Benzema is the only world class player you named and yet you call him delusional
>>
as soon as I saw Gary Neville as part of the coaching staff I said they were fucked.
>>
>>69018325

Inbreeding obviously
Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.