[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is fucking historic. A defining day in sports history. Soak
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 330x477) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 330x477
This is fucking historic. A defining day in sports history. Soak it in /sp/.
>>
>>68982501
First for Anime
>>
>>68982501
>Messi with Argentina
>History

nope
>>
>>68982501
Drink it in man, drink it in.
>>
????

this is the day people will look back and think "what a faggot"

nothing else
>>
Very sad. People dont understand what Messi is going through or the circumstances behind his choice in retiring. He's not the same 22 year old lovable kid autist that most people think he is, he's 2fucking9 and at least 4-5 years from complete retirement from the game. He isn't young or has lots of time, his last shot is the next WC and possibly next Copa America where he will be 31-32 and in his last glory years at the top level. He's failed 4 finals, 3 in 3 consecutive years. He's out of time and he realized it today. He also realized he is cursed and so he's making the only logical choice left for him. Why bother giving it your all again after failing 3 times in a row? Why continue to subject yourself to constant scathing criticism and pressure from autistic ungrateful idiots who idolize le afro coke man who le heroballs past static defenders and potato farmers, constantly being told you're not good enough?
>>
>the majority of yurop still has no idea Messi got BTFO'd to the point of international retirement by fucking Chile

what a thing to wake up to
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 640x480
Guys I'm literally shaking right now
>>
>>68982768
People like this are cancer. Ronaldo is 31 and still playing euros. He'll be 33 and playing the next world Cup too. You don't think he's criticized like shit? He has tons of pressure on him to deliver and he plays on an even worse team but he still tries. Messi is a little cry baby who gives up when he doesn't get what he wants
>>
>>68982889
Ronaldo is loved in his country, Messi gets bashed all the time. He makes everything right and gets bashed, because we Argies are retarded, we want a "leader" with "balls" like Maradona that talks shit and then gets expelled from a WC because of doing cocaine. Remember before the 2014 WC, the guy couldn't even go to play to Argentina because of all the insults he received. We don't deserve Messi.
>>
What exactly does this mean and why the fuck should I or anyone else care?
>>
File: 1463754712804.png (29 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1463754712804.png
29 KB, 633x758
>>68982791
>>68982930
W-why...
>>
>>68982956
The greatest soccer player of all time just quit playing for his country after 3 consecutive final loses and years of disappointment. He will also probably never be the same again for his club team, Barcalona.
>>
>>68982984
Nah, he'll be just fine for Barfa since he'll be in his comfort zone.
>>
>>68982930
Ronale is the most critized sport guy in the world by far. Messi would literally melt being under the pressure Cristiano is.
>>
>>68982930
well he is a pretty bad leader 2bh. you cant have quiet people try to motivate others and inspire them
>>
>>68982991
this.
>>
>>68982991
But he is loved by Madrilistas and Portuguese people. Messi is hated in his own country.
>>
>>68982889
>Messi doesnt try

>"h-h-he doesnt heroball past everyone gawddddd why is MESSHIT like soooo baddd xDDDD this isnt like my fifa games!"

Confirmed for not knowing shit about the sport. The game today is FAR more tactical and FAR more competitive than even 5 years back, let alone Maradona's time. Have you not been watching any games? It's very rare for anyone to heroball like Messi in international games where opposing teams with weaker lineups start playing defensively and cohesively as a unit. This isnt to excuse Messi choking today but to put in perspective how ridiculous it is to castigate him for being unable to breakdown a top 5 team's defense. Alone. With no support up front. With chokers like Higuain and Aguero who have yet to ever work well with Messi in the team
>>
>>68982991
but ROnaldo has guts

unlike this quitter
>>
>>68983018
im not hating on him for losing, im hating on him for just ragequitting on his team when hell only be 31 next world cup and still have a good shot to win
>>
>>68983009
I can't even figure out why a player like him is hated in his own country. It is because he left Argentina when he was a child or because he doesn't waste his life snorting coke?
>>
>>68982699
*slurp it in man, slurp it in*

ftfy
>>
>>68983050
Because he's too white to fit in
>>
>>68982984
I say again, why the fuck should I or anyone else care?
>>
>>68983047
Well I would quit as well with 3 consecutive losses. That is just god telling you that you're doomed and under the cruelty of fate.
>>
>>68983050
Because 60% of our country is retarded. Plain and simple.
>>
>>68982991
Ronaldo attracts most of the hate by acting like the biggest attention whore on Earth so I fucking hope he's able to handle it.
>>
>>68983067
Amerilards aren't even human so why are you posting in a real sports thread where everyone here doesn't care about subhumans like you?
>>
>>68982791
it is horrible, it's just happened to me, make it stop
>>
File: 1465293884500.jpg (540 KB, 1024x689) Image search: [Google]
1465293884500.jpg
540 KB, 1024x689
post yfw Argentina win 2018 world cup without Messi
>>
>>68983067
Without Messi, it's very likely that Chile would have beat USA instead of Argentina. This team isn't going to be nearly as competitive.
>>
TSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
Does anyone in the US cares about Extreme Kickball: Manlet Edition.
>>
>>68983105
That's two men baby
>>
>>68983018

But Messi choked today. 0-0 after 120 minutes. Romero blocks Vidal's pk. Messi is in position to put his team in the driver's seat. The best player in the world steps up. And PUTS IT IN ROW Z
>>
Lol wow wtf.

>be best player in world
>31 next world cup
>country are possible contenders
>chance to cement place as all time GOAT
>nah thanks
>>
>>68983132
I never want to see this moment
>>
>>68983125
You do apparently because you're autistic and bitter enough to keep asking about how much you loathe a sport but then again you need more things to bitch about when you're flyover trailer trash in nowhereville with niggercollide in the off season kek
>>
>>68983051
underrated
>>
>>68983075
winners dont quit
>>
>>68983143
Messi is already GOAT
>>
Is Messi really autistic or is this just a /sp/ maymay?
>>
>>68982999
It seems to work at Barca...
>>
>>68983143
Shows you that he has some kind of standard.
But seriously though, what is the reason for everyone leaving? It cant be just the losses? Is your management fucked up Argentina?
>>
>>68983108
Messwi would literally kill himself if that happened
>>
File: concerned_frog.jpg (14 KB, 235x215) Image search: [Google]
concerned_frog.jpg
14 KB, 235x215
>>68983575
Argentina lost 3 finals in a row, their players can't take it anymore, including messi. Too much pressure I guess
>>
>>68983539
Savant.
Genius at his thing but he is awkward at everything else, because he simply only cares about football.
>>
>>68983575
Messi was bashing the AFA all the time due to shit transportation, etc., during the tournament.
>>
>>68983535
I and a lot of others believe so, but a WC win would make it undeniable.
>>
>>68983050

Simple, people here expects him to win every single tournament like he does with Farsa but disavowing that the NT sucks monkey balls
>>
>>68983075
>having a imaginary friend
>>
I thought Copa America wasnt really consider a "major" tournament because /sp/ always talk about Euro 2016. why is messi taking it so hard? Why not stick around for the Olympics in a few months like how Brazil are saving their big players for?
>>
>>68982791
Just woke up lads. What happened?
>>
Ronaldo is loved by Madeira people, there are a lot of portuguese assholes who hate him and keep blaming him for not carrying the whole team

He has a lot of pressure coming from portugal also
>>
File: fedorone.jpg (68 KB, 528x528) Image search: [Google]
fedorone.jpg
68 KB, 528x528
>>68983925
>tips fedora
>>
its not that big of a deal

international football is a very small part of the footballing calendar
>>
>>68982930
Messi is a good guy, a simple man with no anger nor much desires besides playing football.

You can't expect him to carry on his shoulders all the anger and frustration that the average Argentinian fan has.

In Barça they don't even have "ultras" anymore, Laporta expelled them around ~2004, he has no pressures there, he had bad times and nobody said a shit to him, the contrary, only love and dedication to him since he is a kid, because they know what he is capable of and there is no reason to bash him anyway, it's not like anybody is going to play better for someone who insults and hurts his self-esteem.
>>
>>68983963

How is not Copa America a major tournament?, do you see Argentina or Brazil competing in the Euros???
>>
>>68984054

>good guy

>on trial for evading taxes and money laundring.

thats no exactly what i would call a good guy.
>>
>>68983987

Our NT was blown out of the water, literally
>>
>>68983963
outside of the WC, it is the biggest for south american teams.
>olympics
top fucking kek. now theres an irrelevant "trophy". they might as well win a friendly tournament and it would be more prestigious.
>>
>>68984182
>tax evading
>bad

You are a fucking underaged kid who has never won a single penny by himself, aren't you?
>>
>>68984420
>Spain flag
>penny

what drugs are you high on? Also being an edgy kid who doesn't like taxes is not 'cool' and this isn't /pol/
>>
>>68984506
You were doing a moral statement.

You don't need to be a "bad person" to tax evade even if it's illegal, in the same way that you are not a bad person for smoking a joint in a country where it is illegal or for fucking another guy asshole in muslim shithole were they can kill you both for it under the rule of the law.

Besides, I still have my doubts Messi was even aware of all of this.
>>
>>68983150
Are you OK man?
>>
>>68984744
>Besides, I still have my doubts Messi was even aware of all of this.

All he wanted was his Sprite and pizza, and then that happens
>>
>>68982991
>Ronaldo
>loved in Portugal
Nice meme, he's hated by people that don't know him outside the pitch like everyone else, and loved by the people that actually know that he's a guy with a pure heart.

TL;DR: He's as hated in Portugal as Messi in Argentina
>>
File: missi.jpg (2 MB, 1345x5089) Image search: [Google]
missi.jpg
2 MB, 1345x5089
yesterday was glorious
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.